PDA

View Full Version : Zefir RotRL[PF]



Zefir
2012-11-13, 03:24 AM
Current Groupe
{table] Player | Char | Race | Class | Hitpoints | State
The Buschranger| Katirina (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=92170) | Half-elf| Sorceress (Abyssal Blood) | 5/7 | --
Madmal| Rina Morioka (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462819) | Kitsune| Trickster (Rogue)| 9/9 | ---
HandofCrom| Rilnir (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=464003) | Human| Oracle (heavens)|4/13 |---
Theprettiestorc|Zilea "The Tiger" Altorn (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=51885)|Half-Orc | Paladin(Sarenrea) | 11/11 | ---
Benson | Erimarl Holton (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=573686) | Human | Fighter (Polearm Master)| 13/13 | ---
[/table]

Ex- Member
{table] Player | Char | Race | Class | Background
Falcon777| Cadeyrn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462413) | Human| Sorcerer| Y
Arq Kujos| Ganam (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=462061) | Human| Fighter (Samurai)|Y
DM| Heres | Human| Fighter |Y
ProudGrognard | Asdoukar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=452825) | Half-Orc | Ranger | Y
[/table]
FAQ

I would like you to each pick a speech color:
"Speak in color and quotation marks"
Thoughts are in color and italic
Fluff Text ...just normal

Actions should be summed up in spoilers.
In fights the spoiler should include Rolls hp movement etc.

Exp will be given after big fights or/and when a chapter ends.

Zefir
2012-11-13, 03:25 AM
Locations

Sandpoint
http://images.wikia.com/pathfinder-sbg/images/6/69/Sandpoint.jpg

You may have seen the numbers on the map in the players guide? Here I will add what they mean as far as your allowed to know.:smallbiggrin:

1 Sandpoint Cathedral
The largest building in Town. Rebuild after the fire destroyed the previouse building 5 years ago. Inside are sixshrines for Desna,Abadar, sarenrae, Shelyn, Gozreh an Erastil. High priest Alabaster Zantus is leading the building.
2 Boneyard
3 White Deer (Inn)
4 Way North
5 Jeweler
6 Junkers Edge
10 Sandpoint Garnission
A stone fortress holding inside the Watchguards of Sandpoint. The local sheriff is Belor Hemlock who took place after the unpleasant time.
11 Town Hall
12 Savah's Armory
19 House of Blue Stone
This is the library of sandpoint. Near all known facts about sandpoints and it's surroundings can be found here.
20 Glassworks
23 Sandpoint Theater
26 General Store
27 Turandarok Academy
33 The Hagfish (Bar)
37 Rusty Dragon (Inn)

ProudGrognard
2012-11-13, 04:07 AM
I think that Asdoukar will speak in Red! Which will be rare...

Also Zefir, do you mind if my charsheet is in Google Docs? Like so? (http://tinyurl.com/auv7v4s)

So, we are waiting for the IC thread!

Arq Kujos
2012-11-13, 06:38 AM
Ganam shall speak in Bold to make it clear that he is gruff and harsh in speech.

Madmal
2012-11-13, 10:22 AM
Rina will be using Purple

Okay, as far as i can tell, only Cadeyrn (boy, i am going to eventually mispell that) and Rina are natives to Sandpoint, an we even have the came contact in common, so i guess there's the chance we have met before.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-13, 10:53 AM
Sorry, is the IC thread up and I have missed it?

HandofCrom
2012-11-13, 11:18 AM
Rilnir will rave in navy blue.

Falcon777
2012-11-13, 09:13 PM
Cadeyrn will be speaking in daaark red, hahahahaha! lol :smalltongue:

There's definitely the possibility for our two characters to have met. However, I wouldn't have them hitting it off too quickly.

Edit 1: scratch that, our characters DEFINITELY know each other. We not only are both from the town, we both chose ameiko as the person we knew for our trait. That means that our characters at the very least know each other's names, if not have hung out together before. In addition to that.....lol...they're both young, and of opposite genders. Very similar ages. So yeeeeeaaaah, they know each other. :smallamused:

Edit 2: lol, I cant' believe that I simply assumed that you were a guy, Mal. Sorry about that. :smalleek:

Madmal
2012-11-13, 11:48 PM
Hey, if i had a problem with people getting my gender wrong; i'd have put it on my profile. :smallwink:

Well, if you come up with something about the relation, let me know.

Also, i'm don't think it'll matter much if our traits overlap, right?

Zefir
2012-11-14, 02:49 AM
No it doesn't matter. You could still never met. The town is for the world one of the bigger. Only Magnimar, Corvosa and another City I don't remember are obviously bigger.

IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14220744#post14220744)

First I need a check up in the IC. You can be everywhere, but you should be on the festival place soon, since my next post will start the festifal. I will offer several RP scenes, but if you have anything in mind, please PM me or tell me here.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-14, 05:54 AM
Asdoukar came to Sandpoint with a reference letter addressed to Sheriff Hemlock, seeking to find some kind of employment in the town. Would it be fair to say that he met the man the day before and he had stayed one day more to enjoy the festival? Perhaps at a discount rate at a local hotel?

And/or that he was scouting the countryside from dawn to when the festival would begin?

If you agree, you can also tell off camera how the meeting went and what inn that would be. Also, when the festival was to begin and what activities are public (An archery contest perhaps?). I can take it from there.

Zefir
2012-11-14, 02:59 PM
I think he won't have had the chance to talk to Hemlock. He would have told him to come after the festival since he has to many things to do.

For the hotel there won't be any discount. At least some buildings became improvised inns to care for the hugh amount of visitors.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-14, 03:29 PM
OK then. Asdoukar would then probably stay outside the town, getting to know the vicinity and honing his skills. He would visit the festival out of curiosity and then try to contact the Sheriff again. Is that acceptance?

HandofCrom
2012-11-15, 12:25 AM
I'm having Rilnir crashing at the White Deer Inn. His main plans are to spend the start of the day at the cathedral, and then go to the festival once it gets going.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-15, 03:46 AM
Zefir, would it be OK to repost the table with characters in the first post here? It will help remind us who is who.

Falcon777
2012-11-15, 04:29 AM
@ Mal...yeah, I figure that our characters know each other as acquaintances. We know each other's names and faces, but probably haven't done more than shared a bottle of nice fruit wine. I figure that with Cadeyrn being somewhat ignorant of women (and he knows about that ignorance), he would be fairly shy around women, especially any near his age. So yeah, they know each others names and faces, but probably not a whole lot more than that.

Zefir
2012-11-15, 05:06 AM
I'm having Rilnir crashing at the White Deer Inn. His main plans are to spend the start of the day at the cathedral, and then go to the festival once it gets going.

Ok, just remember most parts of the cathedral are employee only right now storing stuff for the festival.

ProudGrognard already done.

Madmal
2012-11-15, 05:47 PM
Rina will probably be along the staff of the Rusty Dragon Inn, so i may need some information on their participation in the festival, will they have a booth, or participate in some way?

Zefir
2012-11-16, 04:49 AM
The rusty dragon will ahve a stand, but they won't open before lunch time. So you can assume your free to join the festival.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-16, 12:54 PM
I just edited my first post, to better reflect the PC. Minor changes mostly.

HandofCrom
2012-11-16, 11:46 PM
My character's plan for the day is to try to research his visions and nightmares at the cathedral when he gets there, either by asking priests or checking holy texts. In particular, he will try to talk to priests of Desna or read their texts as he knows there is a connection between his condition and astrology. He will quickly notice how busy folks are, and be patient. Of course, when the festival gets started, he will hot foot it over there.

Arq Kujos
2012-11-17, 09:18 AM
I plan to actually take the time to enjoy the festival and see what kind of happens as we go.

Falcon777
2012-11-17, 02:23 PM
I plan to actually take the time to enjoy the festival and see what kind of happens as we go.

Lol, you took the words right out of my mouth. Although...to be honest, I was planning on having Cadeyrn meet with Rina, if you have no problems with that, Malmagor.

Zefir
2012-11-18, 07:02 AM
Sorry for my delay, but here is something you might look at. A list of things to go for. And yes this is no typical Inn + fight start.^^


Larz walks around a bit angry about the mayor
Father Zantus is speaking to the acolyts in front of the cathedral
Hemlock orders his guards to look for order on the festival
Drokus promotes his theater
The mayor is caught by some nobel
A young woman and a man with leather apron run through the place. It seems an older man is hunting after them looking angry
A woman with a book in hand writes down what she sees.
In a back alley a man offers a shell game, currently playing with some kids
The kids steal all the bread, faster then the baker can make it.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-18, 09:11 AM
Zefir, I am sorry, but I am not sure I understood your post. Are these events that are happening in the festival? Everywhere? Somewhere? Things that stand out?

Can you please elaborate?

Zefir
2012-11-18, 11:44 AM
These are things happening during the festival right now until noon, it can happen every time during that time, but only once.

HandofCrom
2012-11-18, 12:37 PM
Cool. When Rilnir sees Father Zantus chatting with the acolytes, he will approach him.

Falcon777
2012-11-18, 02:59 PM
Are any of these things something we need to roll perception checks on? Or can we just see it if we are nearby?

Zefir
2012-11-18, 03:48 PM
Since this isn't anything hostile you can let your char see it or not. These things are just offering opportunities for the players to know the city. If you don't want to go for any I go on with the festival.

Falcon777
2012-11-18, 04:13 PM
This is actually my first time playing pathfinder, so I have no idea if these "plot hooks" are worth going for. Especially since the game has only just started. Hmmmm...I think I might go for the...first one. Yeah.

Edit1: Since I was the last person to post in the ic thread, I'll just edit my last post to reflect that I'm going to talk to larz.

Arq Kujos
2012-11-19, 09:02 AM
I, and by association Ganam, want to check out the theater. If nothing happens, then hey, I got a show! And if something does happen, then boom, plot hook. :smallbiggrin:

HandofCrom
2012-11-19, 12:21 PM
Trust in the laws of narrative causality. Wherever we go, trouble will find us. We're protagonists, it's a law of nature.

Zefir
2012-11-19, 04:00 PM
If you want to be ion any scene just write an IC post. I will react tomorrow. My Pc currently decided to shut down forever and I need to reorganize some things.

Zefir
2012-11-21, 04:41 AM
Guys I wait for you to make posts IC, I hope you are still here.

Arq Kujos
2012-11-21, 12:14 PM
Sorry about not posting. I've got to get my grades finalized for school and I've got to get home for Thanksgiving this week, so forgive me if my next post is a bit short.

I'll do better once Thanksgiving is over.

Madmal
2012-11-22, 12:24 AM
Yeah, sorry about the lack of posting. It's been a busy weekend that carried over to the weekdays. I'll be posting in some hours after i've gotten some sleep.

Zefir
2012-11-22, 03:43 AM
As long as I know your still active I can wait.

I will respond later today then.

Madmal
2012-11-22, 01:03 PM
Right, not really sure what "caught by" exactly refers to; but i assume the mayor has been engaged into an unwanted conversation with one of the nobles. Guess Rina will try pulling her out with a "slightly buzzed chatty meddler" act.

Also, rolling Knowledge to identify the noble.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-23, 05:40 AM
I think I have exhausted the scenes that Asdoukar could reasonably be expected to participate. He doesn't know anyone in town, the theater is not running, Hemlock does not want anything and he is not a people person to go around meeting strangers. So Asdoukar will just sit around the theater guy for a bit and then, if the crowd disperses, he will just mill around, eating and watching the festivities.

HandofCrom
2012-11-24, 07:43 PM
I'm going to stick my nose in the business of the old man chasing the couple and see what happens.

Zefir
2012-11-25, 04:49 AM
I think I have exhausted the scenes that Asdoukar could reasonably be expected to participate. He doesn't know anyone in town, the theater is not running, Hemlock does not want anything and he is not a people person to go around meeting strangers. So Asdoukar will just sit around the theater guy for a bit and then, if the crowd disperses, he will just mill around, eating and watching the festivities.

I'm sorry to not have a scene for you right now. Even thought I have expanded the scenes the book offers I need a bit to come up with something. I hope that doesn't kill the game for you. After all I think it's nice to go on a step.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-25, 06:43 AM
I'm sorry to not have a scene for you right now. Even thought I have expanded the scenes the book offers I need a bit to come up with something. I hope that doesn't kill the game for you. After all I think it's nice to go on a step.

Of course you shouldn't have a scene for me. This is an interaction scene and I have chosen to play a specific kind of reserved, asocial PC. It is to be expected that there would be times that Asdoukar would remain silent.

But you are also right that Asdoukar can mill around some more. Perhaps go to the game in the alley. And after that, just wherever. After all, he hasn't been in towns that much, and everything is new.

Zefir
2012-11-26, 05:23 PM
Sorry for the delay, I will post in 12 hours, hope everyone got an IC post to answer.^^

Zefir
2012-11-29, 02:20 AM
Hello? Are people still around excpect ProudGrognard?

If something in the scenes bothers you tell me I'm still a beginner with DMing.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-29, 03:44 AM
What?!? Why are they expecting me? What happened? I posted days ago!

Zefir
2012-11-29, 04:29 AM
Well I mean are the othere still around, since you did post and the others didn't.

except is the word I meant.

ProudGrognard
2012-11-29, 04:53 AM
Well I mean are the othere still around, since you did post and the others didn't.

except is the word I meant.

Ah, I see! :smallsmile: Waiting alongside you, then!

Falcon777
2012-11-29, 08:01 AM
My apologies, work and school has been eating up my time. I'm also afraid there's little chance I'll be able to post ic today. Tomorrow though I might be able to. :smallfrown:

Zefir
2012-11-29, 03:22 PM
As long as I know you come back I can wait, but without any news I'm like a blind man.

Falcon777
2012-12-02, 11:46 PM
I totally understand. I'll at the very least try to have more communication on this thread, if not posting more often in the ic itself.

Arq Kujos
2012-12-03, 11:40 AM
At this point, Ganam is just wandering around. I guess he's just waiting for something to happen, and so am I.

Give us something a bit juicier to bite at and I'll be good, but I'm not gonna write out pages and pages of attending a festival. I work 12 hour days 5 days a week and I bring a lot of work home with me.

ProudGrognard
2012-12-03, 02:27 PM
I am also ready to move on...

Madmal
2012-12-03, 10:44 PM
Sorry about the absent week. work has been a bit intensive so i have more time for finals the next week. Will try to catch up tomorrow.

Zefir
2012-12-04, 02:24 AM
Yeah your right. it's a bit of a mess to go for this scene in pbp, so I will write up a post for the games since they may be important in the near future and then we go for the end of the festival.

Madmal
2012-12-07, 12:05 AM
Right, after a couple of attentions given to visiting relatives, and having to drive my grandparents a bit, things are easing up, so i finally have a little time back. At least until my final terms are over.

Facts of life: if you live near your family, getting your drivers license means that they'll do their best to make use of it.:smalltongue:

And also, crud. Seems we have our first 1, ladies and gentlehorses! I want new virtual dice; Rina is making herself a bigger fool that she pretends to be. :smallsigh:

Zefir
2012-12-07, 05:07 AM
I'lll go on this weekend so I hope everyone post until then.

HandofCrom
2012-12-08, 01:52 AM
I was planning on him singing a song like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8cELTdtw6U

but I came home after partaking a bit, and had him sing something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKyNTwD3Yk

Zefir
2012-12-10, 04:21 AM
Sorry for the delay, had to work on weekend, will go on later hoping people are still around

ProudGrognard
2012-12-10, 07:32 AM
Still here!

Madmal
2012-12-10, 04:16 PM
Entering finals week here. And who am i to argue late posting anyways? :smalltongue:

HandofCrom
2012-12-10, 04:33 PM
I'm still here.

ProudGrognard
2012-12-12, 06:22 AM
The festival is over, yes! I will post here, because the description of the PC's actions depends on what he sees.

Perception roll
[roll0]

Depending on what he sees (Acute Darkvision 90ft!), Asdoukar will look for a high place from where he can rain arrowey death. But it must be near (no more than an action to climb). A roof, a tree, something

Climb check if take ten is not an option
[roll1]

Madmal
2012-12-12, 08:59 AM
I know the mayor is a woman. I figure i could put up a badly-done "This is a rehearsed speech for an exit-stage-left". Or just paint as my mistake.

Anyways, rolling now that i have some minutes before work, will fill in words later:
Perception: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Aaand i just noticed we have an overall low Wis score between us...

Edit: Seems i'm finally catching a break. Hope the others are still around.

HandofCrom
2012-12-12, 12:07 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Rilnir's going to pull his spear out and start muttering in Aklo.

EDIT: Blarg, why do you hate me, electronic dice?

ProudGrognard
2012-12-12, 02:04 PM
Aaaargh forgot the initiative

[roll0]


EDIT: Really? I mean really?

Arq Kujos
2012-12-13, 08:59 AM
With Christmas coming up, a bad case of the flu, and then bus driving training, on top of coaching Wrestling and teaching full time, I've been busy.

Now, I've finally gotten my life in order, so I should be ok.

Initiative: [roll0]

Perception: [roll1]

Falcon777
2012-12-13, 03:19 PM
I'm terribly sorry about taking so long to post. Finals in school and with the change of hands at work has kept me pretty busy. All this in addition to my finding out that one of my computer games still works has led me to not check this website in a week or so. I'll see what I can do about getting an in game post up by tomorrow night.

Falcon777
2012-12-15, 01:09 PM
Sorry for double posting but I can't edit a post to add a dice roll, so here it goes:

Ah, two skills that I'm actually pretty decent at, lol. Oh, the perception is 6 since Cadeyrn will call upon his hawk before trying to find out what is going on. Otherwise it'd be like, 1 or 3 or something like that.

Perception: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Holy crap, I got a sucky initiative roll. Does getting a 1 do anything bad for me? lol

Zefir
2012-12-15, 05:09 PM
A 1 is only a fail by skillchecks/ Saves and attackrolls (While I'm not 100% sure with the saves, but I will go with that unless it's a save or die roll which I try to avoid)

Ok I will be up with the post today or tomorrow latest.

Zefir
2012-12-18, 04:27 AM
[roll0]


Rina (20)
Ganam (18)
Rilnir (11)
Asdoukar (10)
Cadeyrn (9)


I'm sorry for the delay again. I just can't find time now due to chrismas/birthdays and work. I will manage to have some time tonight.

Arq Kujos
2012-12-18, 09:04 AM
Its ok. I think we are all a bit squeezed for time around the holidays.

Zefir
2012-12-20, 07:39 AM
Eh Proud. Just in case you missed it, but you don't have a +9 bonus on your ranged attacks. I think it's only 5.

As for the position I will try to clear that in my next post I seem to miss that.

ProudGrognard
2012-12-20, 08:02 AM
Hey just saw that and tried to edit it, resulting in mayhem. Sorry. I will roll here or just use what you think, since I messed the roll up like an idiot.

[roll0] attack, add 1 if closer than 30ft (I don't see the map)
[roll1] damage


EDIT: This is ridiculous

HandofCrom
2012-12-20, 12:25 PM
I was going to drop a bless on my turn, which would help out Asdoukar had you not rolled a, well, you know (don't want to speak of the devil, he might hear me).

Arq Kujos
2012-12-20, 12:50 PM
Wait, wasn't it Rina's turn to go first? And then me? I'm confused on the order of combat.

Zefir
2012-12-20, 01:55 PM
Arq Kujos I'm not sure why you are confused. The enemies have a Initative as well and there bonus is higher so they come first.

After all everyone should make there post for the round and I will handle them in order, changing stuff if needed. (For example if an enemy is dead or a PC blocks your field etc.)

Madmal
2012-12-23, 11:33 AM
Question: since Rina failed a the last test and fell down, Is she considered prone at the start of this battle?

If so, turn will be spend getting up, and pulling the bow out. I'm not sure if i could try rolling acrobatics again to pull myself up fast.

Zefir
2012-12-23, 02:51 PM
Rina should be on her feet. Especially when the thunder raise. If you want or your char is sad about failing he could still lay around, but I won't force you into that.

Zefir
2012-12-26, 08:37 AM
I just wait for arq and Falcon, but due to holidays I assume we need to wait for next year.

Falcon777
2012-12-29, 11:03 AM
My apologies for taking so long. However, the truth is I was waiting on Zefir to make the battle map and to tell us what the goblins were going to do. I'm the last person to go, so what I was going to do was originally going to be based on everyone else's actions. Instead I'll just cast mage armor and do my best to move behind a warrior, npc or arq, whichever is farther away from the goblins while still being close enough for a magic missile.

Ic post will follow once everyone else (including the goblins) has gone.

Zefir
2012-12-30, 04:36 AM
Think I should clear that:
I don't have a map for that encounter. After all the goblins won't do anything against the PC unless they act first.

Falcon777
2012-12-31, 12:05 PM
So on the first round the goblins do nothing? :smallconfused:

Zefir
2013-01-01, 05:28 AM
One of them will obviously attack, since Rina attacked him.

Madmal
2013-01-08, 12:01 AM
So, i'm gonna guess that either my attack didn't (maybe the dead dog gave cover) or (most likely) that goblin was too far to apply the sneak attack damage.

And also, bumping the thread on your suscription lists, while waiting.

Zefir
2013-01-08, 02:04 AM
Well it's much easier. Sneak attack only works if the enemy loose his dexbonus lie fatfooted or if he is flanked. Neither f these facts work here since the goblin is aware of you.

After all I waited for the other two players to post, but neiter Falcon777 or Arq Kujos did make a post.

I think I need to search for replacement. Arq Kujos is defnitly gone I assume.

Zefir
2013-01-09, 02:22 AM
Just for me to check: Who is still around?

HandofCrom
2013-01-09, 02:51 AM
I'm here! Let me provide more space to this response to satisfy the obligatory 10 character minimum.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-09, 04:46 AM
I am here! And working to find how to uncurse the dieroller...

Madmal
2013-01-09, 03:08 PM
I am here! and quoting the SRD as a way to ask for further clarification on the matter!!




Flat-Footed

A character who has not yet acted during a combat is flat-footed, unable to react normally to the situation. A flat-footed character loses his Dexterity bonus to AC and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD) (if any) and cannot make attacks of opportunity, unless he has the Combat Reflexes feat or Uncanny Dodge class ability.

Characters with Uncanny Dodge retain their Dexterity bonus to their AC and can make attacks of opportunity before they have acted in the first round of combat.

www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions

Zefir
2013-01-09, 03:28 PM
Hmm Strange I only thought that counts for the suprise round. Also I think I missed to do that.

Other things. Since I don't assume the other two appear.(But I still hope) Should we search for replacement or make a restart.

If we go for option 2 I will speed up things . I think that making the PC common with the city don't works so well in PbP.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-09, 04:25 PM
I say that, since you are the DM, you get to decide. BTW, if Falcon777 and/or Arq Kujos are gone, isn't the party missing both a fighter and sorcerer? I mean, these are pretty necessary roles...

Zefir
2013-01-10, 06:03 AM
That's why I offer you these ways. If I search replacements we need arcane caster and meatshield, but if we start new one of you might pick up that task.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-10, 08:52 AM
The thing is that I started the original thread so that I could play this specific character. I could alter him as to assume a more skillmonkeyish role (adding Disable Device, for example). But to change completely... well, I am pretty loathe to do it.

And I think that in any case, we will still need one replacement, to get to at least four. Correct?

Zefir
2013-01-14, 02:28 AM
OK I will try to get at least one replacement and maybe filling the other roll with a GM PC.

Zefir
2013-01-16, 06:40 AM
Just wait for the replacement to show here.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-16, 08:27 AM
So, one replacement and one DM-PC? All other PCs remain as is and then reboot?

Zefir
2013-01-16, 03:32 PM
Think that would be the plan expect that I would just throw the new PC into the fight.

Madmal
2013-01-18, 10:11 PM
Zefir, have you tried contacting the other applicants for the game? I've tried with some other forummites i met on IRC, but not much results.

Also, in case there's is a DMPC, i would like to hear what would be your plans for him/her.

The Bushranger
2013-01-18, 10:16 PM
*waves*

Working on finishing up a new sorceress here.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-19, 12:28 AM
Welcome bushranger!

Also, I may be unable to post for the next two days.

Zefir
2013-01-21, 04:44 PM
The DMPC would be a guy from the Guards. Someone with a bit of unlucky times before the festival. He tries to be a hero but alcohole is something that keeps him away(also something to RP for the other PC's)
At first he tries to defend his home city, but maybe he likes the groupe more in the future and joins them (An Option if there is someone else going for the Frontline Job.)


Ok I try to get a post up tomorrow. So we can start of. I would just have the two new appear in the fight.

Falcon777
2013-01-22, 03:31 PM
I apologize for dropping the ball here. I found that I've been pretty busy lately, so I won't be able to continue with this game. I also found that I dislike how slow games like these go on a forum board. And of course you already have a new person to take the spot. Hopefully there's no hard feelings.

Zefir
2013-01-23, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry it ended that way, but I'm just waiting for the whole team before I post. BR can you roll initative? I will bring you into the scene then.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-23, 03:53 PM
Still here!

HandofCrom
2013-01-23, 04:04 PM
I'm still here.

Madmal
2013-01-23, 04:41 PM
Still Here. Shame to see you go Falcon777, but i've been on that situation many times.

The Bushranger
2013-01-23, 05:56 PM
Still here. (also added weapons to the sheet...)

Initative [roll0]

Zefir
2013-01-25, 03:51 AM
[roll0]


Rina (20)
Goblins (18)
Heres (17)
Rilnir (11)
Asdoukar (10)
Katirina (8)

Madmal
2013-01-25, 09:38 PM
Ouch. So far Zefir seems to have good rolls.

Zefir
2013-01-28, 02:26 AM
I think I stole Prouds luck.^^

Oh and after all you can post in any order. Just try to tell me what you would do if the enemy dies or a friend pass out etc.(last shouldn't happen in this fight unles I bring a barrel Goblin.:smallbiggrin:)

The Bushranger
2013-01-28, 07:14 PM
Do I need to post this round, or next?

Zefir
2013-01-29, 02:15 AM
You can post for this round. Technicaly you arrived at the end of the first round wich allows you to act in Round 2

The Bushranger
2013-01-29, 09:36 PM
Alrighty, will post shortly.

Zefir
2013-01-31, 04:28 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I went on a funreal.. which reminds my why does this word start with the total opposite of such an event.

Zefir
2013-02-04, 05:49 AM
I don't know if it was just the weekend, but are you still here? I don't need a OOC post, but I can't really know if I need to wait or not.

HandofCrom
2013-02-04, 10:36 AM
I'm still here.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-04, 11:24 AM
Here and waiting.

Madmal
2013-02-05, 12:16 AM
Wasn't too close to the computer this weekend. Hopefully i'll be able to post tomorrow.

The Bushranger
2013-02-05, 01:26 AM
Still here

Zefir
2013-02-05, 02:04 AM
Well then I will post for Heres now and we see later if anyone acts. Things will go on tomorrow or this evening.

Zefir
2013-02-07, 02:21 AM
Ok since noone wants to talk now I go on, but I won't be able to post until tonight.(I go to work soon)

Zefir
2013-02-08, 04:30 AM
Sorry for the delay, RL got very busy I will have a map up tonight.

Madmal
2013-02-08, 09:12 PM
Well, i wanted to talk (and maybe get some healing), but RL got a little in the way; guess i'll chug down a potion.

Zefir
2013-02-14, 03:46 AM
Sorry Malmagor I waited a few days and since none posted I thought none wants to talk.

Please write dow your location. the group should start in the red are. This is the direction the first fight happened.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-14, 04:56 AM
Asdoukar is in C4, to get a clear shot

Zefir
2013-02-15, 08:56 AM
well ProudGrognard I thinkthis game is close to death. I don't know why the others don't post. I can only assume they don't want to.

The Bushranger
2013-02-15, 11:26 AM
Sorry, I thought I had. The board ate my post.

HandofCrom
2013-02-15, 10:59 PM
Rina's hurt? Crikey, I should have healed her.

Zefir
2013-02-18, 05:10 AM
Arrg. Sorry guys. I thought we are waiting for someone. I will post tonights.... You can allways poke me you know^^.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-19, 04:03 AM
Zefir please, let us reroll initiative next time! This 10 is killing me...

Zefir
2013-02-19, 04:33 AM
I will. The fact is the two combats are meant to be together leaving a few rounds break betwee. And sorry for my lack of post I overslept things.

Edit: Oh and the rolls really seem to hate you. you also only rolled 1s in the dmg rolls as well. very strange.

ProudGrognard
2013-02-19, 07:15 AM
I will. The fact is the two combats are meant to be together leaving a few rounds break betwee. And sorry for my lack of post I overslept things.

Edit: Oh and the rolls really seem to hate you. you also only rolled 1s in the dmg rolls as well. very strange.

Yes I know! I am cursed! Cursed I say!

Madmal
2013-02-21, 11:46 PM
Ugh! The curse is contagious. Guess i'll be dropping the bow next and focus on trying to flank.

Madmal
2013-02-25, 12:25 PM
I believe a "BUMP!" is in order now...

Zefir
2013-02-25, 04:18 PM
I post soon NPC the missing

The Bushranger
2013-03-05, 11:04 PM
Le poke. OF DOOM. For Great Justice.

ProudGrognard
2013-03-06, 01:44 AM
Aid another in Le Poke.

Zefir
2013-03-06, 02:42 AM
I will post today, if hand of crome doesn't post until noon.

HandofCrom
2013-03-06, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the webs like that, things have been a little crazy. I should stay on top of this.

Zefir
2013-03-06, 05:40 PM
Ok it's very late now so I go to sleep soon. post will eb up tomorrow

Zefir
2013-03-07, 03:47 AM
Sorry guys, I got a phone call early today which dragged me away from my PC. I will do the post this evening hopefully you won't mind.

Other things: I see that my Combat system don't goes well with PbP. Means I do change it.

Next fight will have group Initativ. That means we all roll. after that we just jump between your actions and the enemy actions. That gives you more tactical room and less confusion with the map.

ProudGrognard
2013-03-08, 01:11 AM
I forgot to roll for damage for Asdoukar. Here it goes.

dmg [roll0]

Zefir
2013-03-16, 05:06 PM
Hello`? Can you see my IC post?

ProudGrognard
2013-03-17, 10:39 AM
I can, but it is not my turn yet.

Madmal
2013-03-17, 05:25 PM
Didn't we talked about this already?
Anyways, current plan is to run in front and get the goblin to waste his AoO on Rina (Not sure when you can make one with a bow, but eh, she fumbled on what was supposed to be one of her pints in favor the first time)

Anyways, since it seems the other rolls didn't went through:

Rapier Attack: (Defensively) [roll0]
Rapier Damage: [roll1]

Zefir
2013-03-17, 05:59 PM
I don't know what you mean. If you mean order, then yes we talked about that, but otherthings I don't know. I just wonder why none posted in the last days.

As for tumble, why don't you just move there? It's possible for your char, if you want to avoid AoO.

Either way, the bow doesn't threaten any area around the Goblin so there won't be any AoO.

Zefir
2013-03-22, 02:47 AM
Sorry for the delay, I brought my book to a friend fr my last post, and now it's still there. I get it today and will post soon.

Madmal
2013-03-29, 09:26 PM
Some questions that bug me a little (and that will bump the thread too):

1) How do we handle loot? Do we automatically assume we have it and divide it in the ooc? Also, how should we divide it, or do we just keep a pool of the loot so far?
2)Zefir, You mentioned you would be using group initiative next battle, What factor would tdetermine which group goes first, then?

Zefir
2013-03-30, 07:04 AM
Sorry for my delay, I will have a post up soon.

1) ProudGrognard activly searched for it. How you deal with it is up to you. Just try to not overload everyone by carry 100 dagger or so. Selling stuff can be handwaved 50%, but only after dungeaons and such. The way you split the loot is up to you as I said. I will try to have everything in the First post of the OOC so I don't need to go over every fight if you sell things.

2) I think that needs an example:
20 PC1
19 ENEMY
15 PC2
1 PC3

Due to the example it would go like this: PC1 acts first. Then the Enemy acts. After that we technical switch between enemy and PC, since PC can delay there action we don't need to care for initative. So technical PC2 could delay until PC1 did his action. As mentioned we don't need to care about the Ini which solves a lot of Action problems. I will try to inform you OOC if an enemy died so the time you post you know who is alive.

ProudGrognard
2013-03-30, 08:38 AM
Asdoukar 's luck has been unbelievable so far. Again, a 1 in initiative!

Unbelievable.

Zefir
2013-03-30, 08:41 AM
Yeah. This char seems to be curesed. Maybe hire a cleric to remove dice curse?

Zefir
2013-03-30, 02:47 PM
HandofCrom just wanted to point it out. Didn't I say no UM? I mean I let you go with it now, but the spells from UM are much to strong.

HandofCrom
2013-03-30, 04:50 PM
I missed that. Would you like me to switch it out for cause fear?

Also, I grabbed the feat abundant revelations (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/abundant-revelations) from UM. Should I switch that out? I'd grab extra revelations for something else like interstellar void.

Zefir
2013-03-31, 04:34 AM
It would be nice if you can do so. I will handle this as if you cast the command spell.for now.

As with the feat. I have no idea what it really does. I don't know much about Oracle ecpect the fact that they are like sourcerer to wizards just for clerics.

HandofCrom
2013-03-31, 03:21 PM
Abundant revelations lets me use the given revelation one more time per day. Right now it's for spray of shooting stars, so I can use that twice per day instead of once per day.

Zefir
2013-04-01, 01:22 PM
Well guys' nice you all posted, but first I got less time due to holdays and next all but Rilniers actions may not happen, because the goblins act first and that may change the field a bit. I post today, but remember that Goblins come before you then you can post in any order.

ProudGrognard
2013-04-01, 02:49 PM
Asdoukar 's actions are more or less the same, though he will take a 5ft step and target G1

Zefir
2013-04-01, 03:45 PM
Could you then add the position? The others may it do so as well and I need an action of HandofCrom

ProudGrognard
2013-04-02, 12:26 AM
Position is M8.

Madmal
2013-04-03, 11:52 AM
Well, that sucked. Dumb arrow. Sorry.

Anyways, we're waiting for Zefir to post first, then?

Zefir
2013-04-03, 12:35 PM
Post comes soon sorry for the delay again

Zefir
2013-04-05, 03:01 AM
Just to remember: You can now post in any order, just don't forget. If someone posted before you, his action takes place before yours/ has already taken place. I try to inform you in time, if a creature is dead/effected by a spell etc.

ProudGrognard
2013-04-05, 04:50 AM
I will be doing the 5ft dance again, of course with the goblin in my face. And please, if someone knows how to perform an exorcism, please do so.

The Bushranger
2013-04-07, 04:35 PM
Rolling for critical hit...
[roll0]

The Bushranger
2013-04-07, 04:36 PM
...and that means x2 Acid damage, I believe.
[roll0]

...dangit. Misread, sorry. No confirmation. Grr.

Madmal
2013-04-07, 07:13 PM
aaaaaaand another 1. Super.

Zefir
2013-04-08, 01:01 AM
...and that means x2 Acid damage, I believe.
[roll0]

...dangit. Misread, sorry. No confirmation. Grr.

??? Why? In the confirmation roll you just need to hit and as far as I understand the rules: Every time you roll a d20 for any kind of attack a 20 means a critical hit dealing *2 dmg either to attributes or physical.

The Bushranger
2013-04-08, 01:29 AM
..oooh, I forgot that.
It's been so long since I rolled a crit I forgot it only needed to be a hit, not a repeat 20!

Zefir
2013-04-08, 08:23 AM
I remember in 3.5 you could make an instant kill by rolling critical three times in a row.

Zefir
2013-04-17, 03:21 PM
For all:

ProudGrognard informed me that due to personal stuff he won't be able to play PbP games. That way we loose another char.

Now is the question: How should we go on? I can open a rerecruitment or if you have potentional players I could take them. If you all got the feeling this isn't going well and we should end it I'm fine with it as well.

ProudGrognard
2013-04-17, 03:32 PM
Small correction:

I said I have stretched myself too thin and I am bowing out of this campaign. I am sorry to leave, and I hope you have a great game.

The Bushranger
2013-04-17, 10:12 PM
Sorry to see you go PG.

Hmm, I'd vote for re-recruitment, I certainly want to continue.

Madmal
2013-04-18, 12:09 AM
Shame that you have to go, PG.

Re-recruiting seems like a good idea, specially since we also have a DMPC Fighter, so we could be asking for 2 slots to fill (Unless Zefir doesn't mind playing as well.)

Zefir
2013-04-18, 02:20 AM
2of 3. Well then I open the rerecruitment up again. So We got a spellcaster, a devine spellcaster and a rogue . Means we need a frontliner and what else comes into mind.

I will end the fight with the chars still there and hope the new people will be here after it ended /the next ingame day starts.

Zefir
2013-04-29, 03:07 AM
Due to The Downtime, I wasn't able to start the rerecruitment yet. I will do so later, after work.

Madmal
2013-04-30, 03:21 PM
Roger. Me and Bushranger are still around, if you require a roll Call.

Zefir
2013-05-02, 01:41 AM
Ok rerecruitment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15159352#post15159352)is up.

Now I should go on, planing to have the new people join after the fight

HandofCrom
2013-05-02, 10:20 AM
For my action, I'm going to lie down and bleed.

stablize check (dc 11): [roll0]

Madmal
2013-05-03, 06:38 PM
So, the Mounted goblin acted and left Rilnir at -1, but Rilnir manages to stabilize himself.

Does your text mean that Heres has already taken his turn by killing the other goblin? I was hoping to see if he could take down the mounted one first.

If not, well, i'm a little torn up. If we don't take out the goblin Rilnir is at risk of taking more damage.

Zefir
2013-05-04, 06:43 AM
Heres killed the remaining nonmounted goblin. That was before the mounted one charged in.

If you want to wait for Heres action, you judt need to tell me and Prouds char can act before you as well since I controll him until the end of battle.

Madmal
2013-05-06, 10:21 AM
Yes, i'll delay my action, at least once. Let's see if either Heres Or As can kill it first.

The Bushranger
2013-05-06, 05:36 PM
Pondering my best move, will get a post in tonight.

Madmal
2013-05-07, 10:32 PM
I'll roll the result of the applied Cure Light Wounds potion while i ponder what to type.

[roll0]

Zefir
2013-05-08, 01:33 AM
So Rilnir is up again I assume.

Madmal
2013-05-14, 05:20 PM
Bumpity Bump. Anybody around?

Zefir
2013-05-15, 01:53 AM
Sorry, wasn't really online the last 24 hours. I think I got new people soon.

Benson
2013-05-15, 03:41 AM
Hiyo everyone! Benson here reporting for duty.

Here is Erimarl (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=573686), rearing to go.

Madmal
2013-05-18, 11:41 AM
Right, it seems things are beign a little slow right now.

A welcome to Benson and Theprettiestorc (who i hope was given a Private Message to notify her she got in). As it may be obvious by now, we tend to take on a slow pace from time to time. Myself, i've been on a couple of worrysome weeks as i tackle my mid-terms (South Hemisphere here) and like Zefir, English is not my native tongue, so sometimes i take a bit longer posting between OoC and IC.

I hope we get a DM post soon. I can suppose the situation with the goblins has begun to die down, but other than reporting that to our Oracle, i'm not sure what else to contribute on the IC.

Otherwise, we are also missing the report on the loot. And i don't think there would be much harm if you two already chime in. The way i see it, the Town was recently overrun by goblin while on a festival, so i doubt we were the only ones offering resistance.

Benson
2013-05-18, 11:54 AM
I would consider posting but I don't have the link to IC and I don't see it on the first page and what not.

Madmal
2013-05-18, 01:09 PM
The link is currently on post #10

or well, Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14220744#post14220744).

Theprettiestorc
2013-05-18, 07:54 PM
Sorry, had a delay! XD.

Whassup, peeps?

The Bushranger
2013-05-19, 12:16 AM
Welcome aboard!

Benson
2013-05-19, 12:21 AM
so who are the active players in this group? Naturally barring me and Theprettiestorc

Zefir
2013-05-19, 05:45 AM
Theprettiestorc I think you overastimated yourselfe there. the groupe fought 12 goblins and barly managed to survive. I doubt you char will take out 8 and not kill them while staying alive. But don't worry I handle it.

Theprettiestorc
2013-05-19, 09:02 PM
Theprettiestorc I think you overastimated yourselfe there. the groupe fought 12 goblins and barly managed to survive. I doubt you char will take out 8 and not kill them while staying alive. But don't worry I handle it.

XD. Yeah, I just wanted something a bit ridiculous. She's not the most perceptive, or the smartest, so not noticing the whole time that the captain's telling her to let the guards handle them would be in-character.

Zefir
2013-05-20, 04:29 AM
Mission Completed.:smallbiggrin:

Ok The first post is now up to date. I added HP and state so I have somethign to look back at. If anything changes tell me.

Madmal
2013-05-22, 08:10 PM
Forgot i can't edit rolls in a post, so here's my Sense Motive against this Aldren guy:

Sense Motive check: [roll0]

Also Zefir, i'm reporting a problem with my character sheet. The "Magical Tail" feat gives Spell-like abilities on a progressive way, i can't pick whichever i prefer, so i'm changing it for Disguise Self. Also erasing the potion.

Zefir
2013-06-01, 03:05 PM
Just so you know, I'm sick and can barly write on the PC. Will post when things got better.

On another note I fear this is dead. Maybe I'm just not seeing my need to post, but since none post OOC I don't think I miss anything.

Benson
2013-06-02, 03:30 AM
I'm getting the itchy feeling it might be dead-ish....at least in regards to other players who for some reason haven't posted in a very long ass time. You know who you are. :smallannoyed:


Anyways, Mistah DM Zefir, I suggest a mass PM to all the players and inquiry who is still playing. Those who don't respond, prune them out like a weed and maybe get replacements.

PS...I'm still playing.

Madmal
2013-06-02, 01:39 PM
Still would like to keep playing, but i have been a little exhausted from college stuff, so i figured some other person could try being the thread bumper.

Also, i though some of the character sheets needed to be reviewed, since at least one is missing campaign traits.

Anyways, i'll be posting later. I haven't eaten yet, so i'm a little moody right now.

HandofCrom
2013-06-02, 05:25 PM
I apologize for my serial flakiness. Work, school, and marriage are consistent and demand attention (when I've got two managed, the last bites me in the rear), but I do need to give updates.

The Bushranger
2013-06-02, 05:37 PM
I'm still here, just having brain overload at times. Trying to sleep better though and more than willing to keep it going.

Theprettiestorc
2013-06-02, 07:40 PM
I check every day. I just didn't see need to post, until something came along, though.

Madmal
2013-06-08, 12:46 PM
Right, seems there's not a lot of interest to keep the party talking, at least in character. Do any of us has any particular plot point we're trying to advance or somesuch?

In the case of Rina, even if she's a Kitsune she normally masquerades as a human to avoid unecessary attention and to fit in. I've stated that while it's not openly public knowledge, some inhabitants of Sandpoint already know or suspect, either by rumors, personal interactions with her or her decesed older brother, or by having been around when they were rescued from a wreckage.

Another issue that comes to mind is the identification and distribution of loot. Anyone has something to say regarding that topic? I'm pretty sure we're currently carriying around over 6 dogslicers, and i'm not sure if they're worth it. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2013-06-08, 03:11 PM
Any magical loot will go to me, thanks.

...what?

:smallwink:

Zefir
2013-06-09, 06:48 AM
Sorry for the delay, I got to visit a new customer for the place I work for and totally forgot to go on.