PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new character

GrinningDemon
2012-11-13, 01:49 PM
My previous character was killed in my current camp and I'm getting to re-roll a new one. My new one is going to start at a level 2 and I'm going to take Necromancer for those first two levels since the DM said I could re-animate my previous character. Now I'm wanting to build a really powerful Necromancer but I'm also wanting to splice in Demonologist to make a truely evil and powerful mage. I have access to the basic books and Book of Vile Darkness, Heroes of Horror, and Libris Motis. Do you have any sugguestions on how to merge the two and what level order I should take to keep him strong throughout the process? We really don't have a tank in the group anymore except for my undead and demons. Thanks :)

prufock
2012-11-13, 02:12 PM
I would say Tainted Scholar prestige class. Bonus spells are based on depravity and saves are based on corruption. If I recall correctly, these are both pretty easy to boost to silly levels. Maybe a dip into Blood Magus to double-up on Blood Casting. The Tainted Sorcerer PrC from UA also has some cool goodies (use blood to replace costly material components).