PDA

View Full Version : The Trials (IC) [Pathfinder]

Savior
2012-11-13, 06:33 PM
The Lollipop Guild, although having a very cute name, is a well established guild that offers many adventurers the chance to lay out a legend that will carry their name through the ages. With many people clambering to the top, two in-particular are heading to the big leagues now.

Eight year old Reika is a very dastardly girl, and a threat to many people that combat her. She found the guild to be a safe haven and home, allowing her to hone her skills rapidly.

Beta is a brute, and is hell bent on destroying the walls that come to be obstacles that stand in his ay of furthering himself.

The two have been paired for a very gate-opening test of tasks known as The Trials. These trials will be key on becoming heavy hitters in this guild, and will allow their names to be chosen more frequently.

Both players start in the meed hall, given a free meal, before meeting with Slim Bob, the Liaison for the first task.

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 06:55 PM
Reika

the young girl had taken a seat close by the bar in the meed hall, wanting to try something new granted due to her age she didn't expect to acomplish that much with the goal she gave herself of obtaining ale.

Hey Can you get me some ale? she questioned the baretender that had been behind the counter. I'm sure i can handle it!

Diplomacy: [roll0]

meemaas
2012-11-13, 07:02 PM
Beta

Beta approached behind the little girl, and cleared his throat. "Some for me, and i will take responsibility for her too."

Savior
2012-11-13, 07:05 PM
The tender nodded, and poured up some ale for both the patrons. Smiling, he handed the cup over to the tiny girl, unable to keep a straight face. However, he was stern with the larger man, almost fearful.

meemaas
2012-11-13, 07:07 PM
Beta

Beta smiled a twisted smile. The same smile he showed when he first went to join the guild, in which just after he had bisected a wall just to prove he was serious. He took the ale and made for a clear table, which wasn't hard, because many people distanced themselves from him, and sat down at it, gesturing to the young girl to join him.

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 07:11 PM
Reika

She happily drank the ale she was presented with, now waiting for the person with their first mission. This tastes good, can i have another?

meemaas
2012-11-13, 07:14 PM
Beta

After taking a deep swig of his own, he filled hers with some from his own and spoke calmly. "So, they say the two of us are working together on this next mission."

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 07:16 PM
Reika

Mhm, i wonder what we'll be doing.

she took another sip of the drink, while she looked at the male who sat across from her still waiting for the other to show up

Savior
2012-11-13, 07:19 PM
A large man entered the room, looking much like a brute explorer himself. Finding the two together, he moves to Beta and Reika, gathering them to the room where the tasks will be represented.

The room was circular, with a concave ceiling, so that the grooved portion was facing down, and the curve was facing up. It was pure sand stone, and the walls, along with the floor, were granite, very grey colour. There stood a bench of three sets, and podiums in front of each seat. Two lone chairs were spaced out 15 feet from the bench, and ten feet from each other. The guard beckoned the two towards the empty chairs, and then left to guard the door along with another, who stayed instead of getting the two.

Once they both sat, the man in the middle, with the tallest podium, rose up, and then sat down. "You both have proved to be very handy to us, and are raising to the top tiers of our guild rather quickly. Just as myth goes, you must now incur a quest. You will be given 12 tasks to be completed, and turned in to me, in this room. The guards will never stop you from entering, so long as you both are together. Any questions before i give you the details to your first task?"

meemaas
2012-11-13, 07:22 PM
Beta

"You put emphasis on some details. Are these trials going to be harder than the jobs i have been given before?"

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 07:23 PM
Reika

No question's here.

Savior
2012-11-13, 07:24 PM
"In terms of length, or talent, maybe. You both have conflicting styles, so it should prove to be something of an advantage. As for the actual tests, i don't know. Maybe you'll be favored."

meemaas
2012-11-13, 07:25 PM
Beta

"So whats the first task?"

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 07:26 PM
Reika

Just get to telling me the task already! She whined a bit, the female was never one for patience, though she did have her moments when she could tolerate such things

Savior
2012-11-13, 07:40 PM
"There is a valley that harbors young dragons. The guild asks that you both depart to this valley, combating everything that tries to stop you from bringing back a single dragon egg. By that, you both must bring back one. The addition of two young wyverns could be a blessing for this guild. As such, do not harm the eggs. You will be teleported to the opening of the valley, but we can do nothing more, for fear of pitting you against the herd too quickly. You will be given an item that, once shattered onto the floor, will bring you back here, safely to the guild. Beware, that there is a dragon guarding those eggs. It will be fierce, so prepare as long as you must. As you know, we have a shop that can get hands on anything you desire. All the same, time is of no consequence. However, the sooner you go, the more eggs will be unhatched. Simply tell us when you both are ready, and Figdom will teleport you to the site. "

meemaas
2012-11-13, 07:41 PM
Beta

"I'm ready already. We start when she is."

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 07:44 PM
Reika

i'm all set to go". She smiled a bit as she had held a firm grip upon her bag of holding not wanting it too be meddled with.

Savior
2012-11-13, 07:50 PM
With a nod, Slim Bob allowed Figdom the floor. The older man with long grey hair stepped out wearing tight clothing, like a punk rock star. He waved his hands, folded his arms over, and nodded his head with closed eyes. The two adventurers were instantly puffed through time and space, to the beginning of Rok Valley, home to the over population of dragons.

The time is early morning, and you don't seem to be encumbered by wild life, or plants. It looks like a normal plain with flat grass, aside from the two large mountains that keep the land tightened together in a strip. There is a rocky mountain at the end of the long valley. It should only take two days to come to this mountain.

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 07:54 PM
Reika

"Well lets get going." she marched out infront of the male and begun her walk towards the mountain, her hips moving side to side in a swaying motion along with her long white hair

meemaas
2012-11-13, 08:01 PM
Beta

Beta laughed and stepped out in front of her. "I'll be leading the way, thank you very much. You can't do me much good if you get eaten." As they move, he keeps an eye out for any sign of threats.

Perception [roll0]

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 08:05 PM
Reika

" what makes you think i'll get eaten?" she blinked as she continued her walk behind him, the female soon to adjust the small golden tiara she had upon her head

meemaas
2012-11-13, 08:06 PM
Beta

"We are hunting Dragons. Who do you think would take a bite from one better? Me, or you?"

Savior
2012-11-13, 08:09 PM
Beta
The further into the thick of it you go, the more you hear dragons swooning and whining. More often then not, you see a dragon in the air, but they're not concerned with you.

After half the day of walking, the sun remains in the sky, but a threat is near. The passage is a lawn of grass, with a lake on either side. It seems to be a watering hole for the dragons, and to stop here would be suicidal. However, a precocious young sky dragon meeding it over after a long day. It looks up to hiss at you. A good meal would sate the dragon, and it's off, only to land it's medium body down 25 feet away. With a moderate roar, he claims you both as food.

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 08:10 PM
Reika

I can handle myself! she crossed her arms as she resumed to follow the far larger male. suddenly hearing the dragon she let out a slight squeel of fright from the sudden draconic roar

meemaas
2012-11-13, 08:15 PM
Beta

"How well do you think you'd do in a fist fight with one of those?"

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 08:19 PM
Reika

"y-yeah sure" she laughed nervously as she looked at the larger creature that had been so many feet away from the duo

Savior
2012-11-13, 08:23 PM
The medium sized dragon coos once more, and takes flight. Being only 50 feet off the floor, the dragon wailed inwards and then down. He was fast, and took the chance to come over the larger foe. Opening it's mouth, it released a cone of energy at the two.

Flyby attack. Fly up, and then forward, as well as attack. It's now 30 feet above you both, and 30 feet behind, after the attack.

Breath weapon:[roll0] Electricity DC 16

meemaas
2012-11-13, 08:45 PM
Beta

"This is why i'm in the big leagues. I can go mano a mano with that thing, and win." He focuses, and quickly doubles in size, turning on a heel and charging towards the dragon, he'd leap upwards at it, a claw forming in his right hand that he'd attempt to plunge deep into its gut.

Reflex save [roll0]
Manifesting Expansion as a Swift action for 7PP.
Charge and Leap in the charge to attack.
Acrobatics check [roll1]

Attack roll [roll2] (+2 from charge)
Damage [roll]4d6+6[/toll]

Beta takes five damage from the Breath Weapon

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 08:59 PM
Reika

"ow!" she yelped in pain from the sudden electrical burn she had recieved from the dragon whom has still been flying, annoyed from her wounds she uttered a phrase underneath her breath, where upon her crown unleashed a blast of blinding light at the dragon.

Crown of blasting:[roll0]
Reika takes 10 from the breathweapon

Savior
2012-11-13, 09:12 PM
The dragon enthralls at the damage the young girl had done to it. Although the larger being made the most damage, the Dragon took the girl to heart, and was on her. Landing in front of her, the dragon opened it's mouth, and attempted to bite the girl's head off.

Land in front of Reika, and attack with bite.
Bite:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 09:22 PM
Reika

Annoyed with the dragon's biting, though it had caused quite a bit of damage to her, she waved her hand in a brief circle, her hand radiating of a light blue chilling essence as the sky opened up to unleash a heavy ice storm upon the dragon

Ice Storm: Bludgeoning: [roll0] Cold: [roll1]

meemaas
2012-11-13, 09:26 PM
Beta

"Pick on someone your own size!!" He growled, and turned back towards the dragon, lunging at it despite the snowstorm that surrounded him. Once he closed in enough to it, he lashed out with his claws, trying to restrain it from attacking her.

Grapple check [roll0]

Double move, using Hustle to get the second one

Savior
2012-11-13, 09:40 PM
AoO on Beta. Bite:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]

The dragon spurrs from the cold, and then winces trying to free itself from the large man's grapple. It begins to unleash a flurry of yells and other noises, trying to break free.

Attempt to break free, CMB vs CMD:[roll2]

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 09:48 PM
Reika

"Aww is the poor wittle dragon cold, this should warm you right up."

the young girl smiled a bit as she let forth a solid cone of fire from the palm of her hand outwards to the dragon and beta by pure accident to him, a faint chuckle escaping her lips as she watched the dragon.

Burning Hands: [roll0]

meemaas
2012-11-13, 09:55 PM
Beta

Beta shrugs off the attack like it was nothing, and, holding onto the dragon tightly, he tries to lodge his claw deep inside the dragons soft underbelly.

Reflex save to Reika's spell. [roll0] (+2 bonus to saves against fire spells)

Grapple check [roll1] (+5 for maintaining)

Claw attack [roll2] (-2 for attacking while grappling)
Damage [roll3]

Savior
2012-11-13, 10:25 PM
The dragon, locked up with the Beta, was clobbered on the final stroke of Beta's massive claw. the attack knocked the medium sized dragon out, and left it unconscious. With it being a silent time, no other dragon was near them, but the watering hole might be used soon.

meemaas
2012-11-13, 10:28 PM
Beta

Pulling his bloody claw out of the Dragons gut, he impaled it a few more times, using his claws to carve out a large chunk of meat. "We're eating dragon tonight. Got any way to carry some of this? I've heard dragon meat is very tasty when cooked right."

Carving up enough of its body to gut into food, and leaving the rest for the scavengers.

Raynexakame
2012-11-13, 10:32 PM
Reika

We have my bag of holding, i also have a cauldron in there.

she allowed the male to put the meat inside of her bag of holding before she took off with the male to continue their journey onwards

meemaas
2012-11-13, 10:33 PM
Beta

Beta took the lead, scouring the path as he had regained his normal size.

Perception [roll0]

Savior
2012-11-14, 10:39 AM
The two effectively leave the watering spot with time to spare. It has become the end of the day, and there is a small cavern to the west of them. A 3 minute hike, and they could have shelter for the night. However, they hear the low grumbles of beasts within.

Do the players take the hike, and face the beasts? Or do they wade it out in the open for the night?

meemaas
2012-11-14, 11:09 AM
Beta

"We're going in. Be on your guard, and we'll spend the night there." He makes for the cave, his claws ready as he went in looking for the creatures that he heard.

Raynexakame
2012-11-14, 05:38 PM
Reika

Alright. She spoke softly to the male whom had rushed into the cave entrence, she followed soon after him a bit of caution in her step just incase something were to jump out on here

Savior
2012-11-14, 09:13 PM
With little use of Stealth, Beta alerted what appeared to be two metallic looking dragons. They both looked to be almost Reika's size, only bigger. There was a fire spewed in the middle on some kindling, so the two noticed Beta and Reika instantly.

Players may now post. Combat has started.

Raynexakame
2012-11-14, 09:24 PM
Reika

The small female thought to herself as she looked at the two dragons, trying to recall what type they were, but regardless of such she pointed her finger out at the one over to the left as she muttered a phrase under her breath

Phantasmal Killer: Will DC:21 Fort DC: 21 Die if fail. Arcana Knowledge:d20+19

meemaas
2012-11-14, 09:30 PM
Beta

Beta lunged out towards the nearest one, plunging his claw into its skull with as much skill as he can manage.

Charge [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Savior
2012-11-14, 10:01 PM
Reika
You notice that the two dragons are the same type, Chromatic brass dragons, very young. They're immune to fire, but vulnerable to cold.

Beta came close to the right Dragon, in order to launch his attack dead on without fail. Faltering, the dragon recoiled, whining from the physical abuse.

One the other side of the cavern, the left dragon watched the small child, then envisioned the shape that was its fear. Crying no tears, the phantasm harmed the dragon into a state of shock.

With the turn tiding to them, the dragons rose to their feet, and both attempted to breath on the two intruders.

Damage on dragon 1:[roll0]

Dragons attempt one cone of sleep on each player. Will Save DC 16 or be put to sleep for [roll1]

meemaas
2012-11-14, 10:07 PM
Beta

Beta plunges both his claws at the dragon in front of him, ripping them out the sides as he does.

Claw 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Claw 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Raynexakame
2012-11-14, 10:26 PM
[B]Reika[/B

The female released a faint sigh as she reached into her bag of holding to grab her poppet, though this took a while to do she had made it adamant to grab this item

This counts as a full round action

Savior
2012-11-14, 10:32 PM
As Reika was fumbling around, Beta made massive damage on the young dragon. It whined and whimpered, not fond on this life style.

The dragon being mercilessly beaten rushes at the girl, hoping to have an easier time on her. As it charged, it made a vicious bite attack. It's brother made a long stream of fire ransack towards the girl in a proper line.

Charge Reika:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]
Line of fire on Reika, [roll2] Fire, or Reflex save, DC 15 for half.

Beta get's an AoO on the dragon that charged Reika.

meemaas
2012-11-14, 10:44 PM
Beta

Beta plunged his claws into the dragon he stopped, hoping to tear its internal organs out. After that, he moves to better defend Reika from the enemies.

Full attack
Claw 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Claw 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

If the dragon is still standing, i will five foot so its charge path is blocked.

If it goes down, i will use Hustle to move in front of the other dragon, blocking its charge path instead.

Raynexakame
2012-11-14, 10:52 PM
Reika

the female bit her lip from the minor burn she recieved from the burst of flame she had toke not too long ago. now with her poppet in her hand she took a needle out and plunged it deep into the poppet's throat, her eyes fixated at the dragon that tried to roast her.

Vampiric Touch: [roll]d20

Savior
2012-11-14, 11:26 PM
Beta's final strikes make a brutal mark on the dragon, and knocks it out, and onto the floor, Now in the path of the dragon, Reika was granted a decent time, spending all her time on gaining life from the dragon, who coughed, as though it had a pin in it's throat. Angry, the dragon charges, attacking Beta with a mighty bite.

Bite on Beta:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]

Raynexakame
2012-11-14, 11:39 PM
Reika

she looked over to the knocked out dragon as she raised another pin upwards and forced it into her doll to deliever another touch spell upon it

Touch Spell: [roll0] Inflict Light wounds: [roll]1d8+5]/roll] DC 17 will halves

meemaas
2012-11-14, 11:47 PM
Beta

Beta lunged out with both his claws, plunging them into this dragon. As he did, it seemed as though his pain and suffering from the day transferred itself from him to the dragon, causing the dragon to feel it as though it had taken the blows, not him.

Claw 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Claw 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Then, releasing Hostile Empathic Transfer from my amulet through my claw attack. Dragon makes a will save DC 18 or take 11 damage, save for half. I heal the same amount of damage that the dragon takes.

Savior
2012-11-15, 07:06 PM
The dragon narrowly evades the latest spell from Reika, but Beta delivers a doozy of an attack. Barely standing up, the Dragon has a fight or flight reaction, and intends to bit Beta's head off and tear his body to shreds.

Bite Attack:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]
Claw 1:[roll2] Damage:[roll3]
Claw 2:[roll4] Damage:[roll5]

Raynexakame
2012-11-15, 09:51 PM
Reika

"Try not to get killed Beta" The female sat down where she was and reached into her bag of holding for the flask of ale she took earlier in the day. she then took a drink from it while watching the much larger male

meemaas
2012-11-15, 10:56 PM
Beta

"Me? Killed? This thing doesn't even hurt. Really." He smiles as he talks, his claws suddenly lashing out at full speed, all of a sudden plunging three times into the dragons gut.

Flurry of Strikes
Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack 3 [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Savior
2012-11-15, 11:21 PM
With Beta's attack landing on the money, the young dragon keels over like the first, unable to fight any longer.

The moon is coming up, and the sun is almost done for the day. The cavern is deep enough to have fire, and not alert anyone.

meemaas
2012-11-15, 11:36 PM
Beta

"Well, that was easy" He slits the dragons throats with his claws, letting them bleed out, and then turns to Reika. "We've got the night here, we can cook some dragon meat, and rest. I figure once you're asleep, i'll skin these, so we can sell them back to the guild. I'll have all night to do it after all.

Raynexakame
2012-11-15, 11:37 PM
Reika

"By chance do you know how to make a fire?" she looked over to beta gently flicking a rock at him out of sheer boredom. her eyes closing from tiredness mostly due to her own young age.

meemaas
2012-11-15, 11:54 PM
Beta

"Of course i do, i'll just be back in a few minutes." He goes out and collects the necessary tinder, and starts a fire using his amazing survival skill.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 12:03 AM
Reika

upon the males return he had found that she was already asleep, the day taking it's tool on her small frail body that had come with being so young, though she had failed to find a rather comfortable position, she tossed and turned through out the night

meemaas
2012-11-16, 05:53 PM
Beta

Beta took the night to skin the dragons both, and gut the dragon meat from them at the same time. Depositing the remains into her Bag of holding, he sits up for the next few hours watching for anything to attack, taking the time to charge his amulet, and eventually dozes off for an hour and a half afterwards. He still wakes up before the young girl, and gets the fire up again, keeping watch all the while.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 07:36 PM
Reika

the female woke up a couple hours after beta restarted the fire. completely ignoring the fact of beta's existence she begun to softly speak to her own poppet which she had slept holding the prior night

Spells Prepped by speaking to poppet

meemaas
2012-11-16, 07:38 PM
Beta

As she prepared herself for the day, Beta took some of the meat he had gathered, and began to cook it on a spit. By the time she was done, he held out a stick with dragon meat on it, and smiled. "It's time to get going. We can eat on the way." As he walks out of the cavern, he does his morning preparations for combat.

Daily buffs. You know the ones.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 07:40 PM
Reika

" Of course " she spoke out while rudely munching on the cooked dragon meat he had given her, regardless of such she had followed him out of the cavern

meemaas
2012-11-16, 07:41 PM
Beta

He led the way back down the path they were following before, eating chunks of dragon meat off his own stick as they went. He kept his eyes peeled for any surprises as they walked.

[roll0] Perception

Savior
2012-11-16, 07:43 PM
The sky was different than the first day you both arrived. There were more dragons out now, though most did not bother you, and were older, just looking at them, than the few you have faced. The hike to the back of the valley should be no more than an all day hike, but the path looks troubling. There is shattered rocks down the plane, and could be home to vicious beasts.

Once you arrive, the path, although blocked by a mountain of rubble. To the naked eye, or even your ears, you can't hear dragons, but, you never know.

The path is covered from one mountain to the other by 30 foot rubble. Plenty of foot holds and the like. Attempt climb check to make it over.

meemaas
2012-11-16, 07:51 PM
Beta

He turned and thought for a moment. Kneeling down, he'd call out to the little girl. "Climb on, and hold on tight. Keep an eye out for me too." Once she climbs onto his back, he puts his hands to the pile of rubble, and starts to climb.

Climb Check [roll0]

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 07:54 PM
Reika

Clinging to Beta's back she quickly looked around just in case something were to attack them from any angle other than down.

Perception: [roll0]

Savior
2012-11-16, 08:07 PM
As Beta makes it to the top, the incline down was a simple slide away to the floor. It would take some dexterity to avoid the rocks, but, it was nothing those two couldn't handle.

Acrobatics check to avoid bumping your ass on a big rock. DC 10

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 08:11 PM
Reika

she blinked as she propped her self into a proper position off of beta's back and slid down the slope, hoping to not be injured on the way down. " Weeee"

Acrobatics: [roll0]

meemaas
2012-11-16, 08:14 PM
Beta

Beta slid down the rocks standing up, keeping his footing as he slid to the ground, and at the last second, tripped up on a rock and flipped head over heels over where Reika's descent ended. Colliding headfirst with the ground, he'd pull himself back to his feet and rub his head. "F%#@ing rocks"

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 08:16 PM
Reika

She pointed and laughed at beta, being overly hysterical over what had just transcribed. her eyes filling with tears as she laughed, and laughed, eventually it stopped and she made her way onwards on the trail

meemaas
2012-11-16, 08:23 PM
Beta

Beta took the lead, and kept his eye out, rubbing his head.

Perception [roll0]

Savior
2012-11-16, 08:32 PM
The path down the road was filled with tough shrubs to cross, and other scenes of fighting between dragons. This half of the valley seems to be in ruins, and the cause very well may be the target of your task.

Within mere moments, a dragon from over head, not seen until now, launches an attack at another dragon in the air. They collide, and the attack misses, landing directly for you both.

Reflex save, DC 16 to avoid splash. fail, take 5 cold damage.

meemaas
2012-11-16, 08:35 PM
Beta

Beta rolls out of the way, trying to avoid the misaimed breath weapon.

Reflex save. [roll0]

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 08:37 PM
Reika

Following after beta she dove out of the way.

Reflex:[roll0]

Savior
2012-11-16, 08:41 PM
The dragons overhead vanish into the deep white clouds, and only their dull roars can be heard. The fog of ice clears as they march past the site, the sound of battle in the air as they follow the path.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 08:49 PM
Reika

"Well Lets get going" she smiled as she hapilly skipped forth into the ruins, carefuly looking around to see if anything was around of note

Perception: [roll0]

meemaas
2012-11-16, 08:52 PM
Beta

Beta follows and keeps his eyes out, as if prepared to fight at any moment.

Perception [roll0]

Savior
2012-11-16, 08:55 PM
Beta
You notice a thunderous roar n the air, and a tremor on the ground. Seems like 40 feet away, past some thick shrubs, something large fell out of the sky.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 08:58 PM
Reika

" Shall we go find out what that was?"

meemaas
2012-11-16, 09:10 PM
Beta

Beta holds up a hand, and goes in first, looking to see what it was

[roll0]

Savior
2012-11-16, 09:14 PM
Beta
It is the dragon that was being attacked when you both were almost hit by the breath weapon. Blood oozes from it's neck, and the other dragon, which is hovering in the air, snorts, and leaves. The dragon is completely dead, due to blood loss. It is large, and white scaled.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 09:20 PM
Reika

" You can skin it if you'd like, add more to the collection." she yawned as she looked at the dead white dragon

meemaas
2012-11-16, 09:28 PM
Beta

"This'll hold us up for a while, but lets not punch a gift horse in the mouth." Beta starts to carve at the dragon's corpse with his claws, spending the next three hours skinning it and carefully packaging the skin into Reika's bag. Once he was done, he looked out, and headed back towards their goal.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 09:31 PM
Reika

Alright

once done she followed beta onward towards the goal, this time having her doll in hand so she was thoroughly prepared to fight anything that jumped out at the duo

Savior
2012-11-16, 09:41 PM
The Duo make their way to the next twenty foot mark. Just up ahead, is the mouth at the end of the valley. However, a 30 foot gap stands between the two. When peering down, it seems endless, up to the point that sharp rocks and dead bodies litter the ground. Seems it's a ceremonious moat, that travelers must cross to meet the momma dragon.

Upon further investigation, anyone can tell that there is no real footing on the ground before the gap, so a jump is out of the question. At a speed higher than a walk, the ground could slip like dirt, and pummel the jumper into the gap.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 09:48 PM
Reika

"well this could be a problem for a non spellcaster." She chuckled to herself as she pressed her palms to the ground while they radiated with a bright blue hugh. this hugh reacting with the ground as if freezing it and extending out a wall of ice across the gap

Spell: Wall Of Ice

meemaas
2012-11-16, 11:17 PM
Beta

Beta went first across the bridge, carefully and safely, till he reached the other side. Then he waited for Reika to follow, and once she was there, he'd start trekking forward.

Raynexakame
2012-11-16, 11:19 PM
Reika

"well that was easy" she followed beta in their trek across

Savior
2012-11-19, 03:21 PM
The two are now 35 feet from the end of the valley. nothing but large shrubs, nearly tree size stop their passage through.

Raynexakame
2012-11-19, 06:52 PM
Reika

" i'm sure we can just walk through this." she proceeded to walk through the shrubbery using her rather small size to her advantage to slip through with remote ease.

meemaas
2012-11-19, 07:03 PM
Beta

Beta brandished his claws, and started using them to cup away branches and other shrubbery to make a path for him. Once to the other side, he lets his claws retract, and continued on his way, searching for the mother.

[roll0] Perception

Savior
2012-11-19, 08:39 PM
On the opposite side stood a long path that lead to a twenty foot high plateau type perch, brandished by a dragon's nest.

Behind it stood a Lion/Dragon creature, just protective enough to already notice the likes of you both. At a hissing whistle, two smaller, pure dragons, rose from the curves of the valley, and landed behind the two of you. With little care for you both, the momma dragon watched, as the two dragons collided with the adventurers.

Surprise round.
The two small dragons attempt to breath the two of you to sleep. Both dragons use it in a 15ft cone, ergo, make two will saves, or sleep for [roll0] rounds.

End of surprise round.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

For the sake of it, please, PLEASE, do not read up on which types they are. Just leave it to surprise.

meemaas
2012-11-19, 09:49 PM
Beta

Beta suddenly began to grow in size. As he did so, he moved carefully, swooping his arm down to grab the little girl as she fell asleep, he'd hold her against his chest, protected by his now massive arm. Placing his feet firmly where he stopped, he'd stare down the dragons, holding out one clawed hand as he growled. "Come get some."

Manifested Expansion for 7 PP, growing to huge size as a standard action.

Also moved and picked up Reika

Savior
2012-11-20, 01:16 PM
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/Sav-Enigma/Fight.jpg

This is the map. the larger token is the Momma beast, the smaller being the dragons that breathed sleep.

Each square represents 10 feet, except in size. So, distance is ten feet per square.

The faster of the two tiny dragons moves forward, and slips right ontop of Beta's foot, attempting to bite it.

The Momma dragon simply roars, incurring the rest of the beings, even her own dragons, to need to become steel again.

The final dragon rushes at the same target, attempting to bite the other foot of Beta.

Both dragons incur AoO for moving through Beta's threatening range. Fortitude save for the roar. [roll0] [roll1]

Bite:[roll2] Damage:[roll3]

Second dragon's bite:[roll4] (-1 if it fails save.) Damage:[roll5] (-1 if it fails save.)

meemaas
2012-11-20, 07:38 PM
Beta

Lashing one of his claws out at the first dragon clawing at him, he'd take a quick step back and growl, his body being surrounded and his muscles pumping up a bit as though he suddenly got tougher.

Attack of Opportunity

Claw [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

My turn, i'll manifest Vigor on myself for 8 PP, giving both Beta and his Psicrystal 40 temporary HP.

Die little beasts.

Savior
2012-11-20, 08:05 PM
The dragon Beta attacks is hit without fail, but barely. The damage takes a near whole chunk out of the tiny dragon.

The two regain enough composure to breath out, and attempt to harm the big guy. At the same time, the larger hybrid dragon steps forward, and yawns.

Beta is attacked by the two lines of fire. Reflex save or take [roll0] fire damage.

meemaas
2012-11-20, 08:24 PM
Beta

Beta laughs off the fire, as though he didn't even feel it. His claw suddenly lashes out at full speed, the claw lashing into the dragons faster than their eyes can follow. As he returns to his ready stance, Reika safe in his arm, he turns on the momma dragon and smirks at it. "Do your worst"

Reflex save [roll0]

Beta flurry of strikes, moving from the weakened dragon to the unharmed one when the first one falls.

Attack 1 [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Attack 2 [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Attack 3 [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Savior
2012-11-21, 01:22 PM
Beta single-handedly obliterates the chances of the two tiny dragons to return to battle. The larger dragon is simply amused, and intends to enter the fight. Being a size smaller than Beta, the hybrid dragon charges forward, and pounces down onto Beta, claws and teeth sharp for mauling.

Pounce filled Charge.
Bite:[roll0] Damage:[roll1]
Claw 1:[roll2] Damage:[roll3]
Claw 2:[roll4] Damage:[roll5]

meemaas
2012-11-21, 02:51 PM
Beta

"To think, i expected better from a dragon. Pitiful." Beta's claw lashes out into the dragons gut as it pounces, and then, twisting himself to protect Reika from the mother, he lashed his claw out as full speed towards the dragons neck, hoping to rip her to shreds.

Attack of Opportunity for moving through my threatened area. [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Flurry of Strikes
Attack 1 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack 2 [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Attack 3 [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

That dragon barely scratched my temporary HP

HP: 62 (30)

Savior
2012-11-21, 02:59 PM
The large hybrid steps forward slowly, in order to not be hit for moving again. At the closer range, the large beast roars again, this time, deafening Reika due to the closeness of the beast.

Reika is affected by sonic affect.

Fortitude save for Beta, or he is fatigued.

Fail, and be deafened like Reika for [roll0] turns

meemaas
2012-11-21, 03:07 PM
Beta

Beta lurches forward with his free hand, the claw extending to tear into the dragons skin yet again. Pulling his oversized arm back, he'd roar at the dragon, a true roar of strength, one to put the dragons to shame.

Flurry of strikes, with power attack

Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack 3 [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

The roar is pure fluff, since i can't intimidate.

Savior
2012-11-21, 03:10 PM
Beta slaughters the last bit of the Dragonne's pride, and lays it into an unconscious spree of blood. With threat no longer an issue, Beta may do as he pleases with the three eggs in the large nest.

meemaas
2012-11-21, 03:12 PM
Beta

Beta sets Reika down softly, and goes to work skinning the dragons while he waits for her to wake up. Once she does, he'll point at the eggs and smile. "It's all over. You have a hard time staying awake,don't you?"

Raynexakame
2012-11-21, 03:17 PM
Reika

" Shut up meanie"

she made her way over to the three eggs and slipped them into her bag of holding so they could easily return back to the guild where they once came from. " Hey mind opening that portal thingy the guild master gave us?"

meemaas
2012-11-21, 03:19 PM
Beta

"As soon as i'm done with the skins." Despite any complaining, he refuses to hold up until he's done removing the skins, at which point he opens the return portal

Raynexakame
2012-11-21, 04:55 PM
Reika

" well lets go."

she walked through the portal with no regard for safety for herself mostly wanting to get the mission done with so they could move on to the next one. a faint yawn escaping her lips once they arrived at the other end

Savior
2012-11-22, 07:46 PM
The two adventurers come through the dusty area of the pellet. Without seeing the other side of the world, they transverse space and time, and cross over to face the two guards that hold down the door to the domed room. With the last step, the dust vanishes, and never seen there again.

The guard open their polearms, and open the door for the two. The three men await the two, and nod at the time it took. When the two sit down as last time, Slim Bob stands to instantly get to the point. "Do you both have two dragon eggs in your possession?"

meemaas
2012-11-22, 07:48 PM
Beta

"In her bag lies two intact dragon eggs, and a half dozen or so dragon skins and hides that we plan to sell to the armorer so he can make armor out of it. For a challenge, this was exceptionally easy."

Raynexakame
2012-11-22, 07:51 PM
Reika

Here ya go"

she handed over the two eggs to the men. So what's the next challenge? "

Savior
2012-11-22, 08:01 PM
"Now is not the time. Do what you will with your hides, and talk to the merchant here. He will reward you for your task. Sleep tonight, and first thing in the morning, come here, and we will give you the next task. You're dismissed." Slim Bob sat back down, and instantly converse with the other two. The guards open the door, one takes the eggs and leaves through another door, and the remaining escorts the two out of the room, guarding the door by himself, until the next guard came back.

meemaas
2012-11-22, 08:05 PM
Beta

Beta unloads the hides from the bag, including the scales, and sets them in a pile in front of the merchant. "How much will you give us for these, and what is our reward for the eggs?"

Raynexakame
2012-11-22, 08:23 PM
Reika

"Beta, i'm going to the library i want to learn a new spell. Give me my share of the gold and reward when we next meet ok?" before the male could even object to her own request she took off to the library with extreme haste

Savior
2012-11-22, 08:36 PM
The merchant blinked, and then too ka step back into the depth of his store. Coming back to the counter, the merchant handed over 925 GP, and two rings, one of sustenance for Reika, and one of protection for Beta.

Protection +1

meemaas
2012-11-22, 08:38 PM
Beta

Beta bagged the gold into his coin pouch, and then left to drop off Reika's reward. Catching her in the library, he offers her her new ring, and then moves to the training room to hone his skills.

Raynexakame
2012-11-22, 08:46 PM
Reika

"thank you." she went back to studying so she could learn a couple of new spells from the many books she had managed to find from the guild library

Spells being learned: Unnatural Lust. ( level 2 spell ) and Enlarge and Reduce Person ( level 1 spells ) Int score is 22

Raynexakame
2012-11-22, 08:59 PM
Reika

Growing flustered with her studies she brought the spellbook up to the counter where the librarian was, she now wanted to do things correctly and spoke out to the librarian

" how much would it cost to make the spells reduce person, enlarge person, and unnatrual lust into scrolls" she mumbled afterwords clearly not wanting to spend money to learn three new spells.

Savior
2012-11-22, 09:05 PM
The librarian blinks at the young girl, not a spellcaster herself. A nearby wizard smiles, and mentions that the merchant here carries magic items, such as scrolls.

Should Reika follow heed, and talk to the merchant, the merchant claims the cost as 200 gp.

Raynexakame
2012-11-22, 09:17 PM
Reika

she nodded as she made her way to the merchant so she could purchase the three scrolls she wanted. Hey! Store person! I want to buy three scrolls, one for reduce person, one for enlarge person and one for unnatural lust!

Savior
2012-11-22, 09:31 PM
The merchant nodded at her innocence and amusement. Granting her the scrolls, he takes her money, leaving her on her own.

Raynexakame
2012-11-22, 09:40 PM
Reika

she made her way to the room with the three scrolls so she could do her ritual before sleeping so she was fully prepared for the next day of adventuring with beta for their next test

Spell learning: Reduce person, Enlarge person, and Unnatural Lust.

meemaas
2012-11-23, 07:29 PM
Beta

Ending the day late, Beta took his few hours of sleep and got up bright and early to resume training until the time had come for their next mission.

Raynexakame
2012-11-23, 10:41 PM
Reika

she arisen the next day only to speak with her doll to prepare for the day ahead of her

Level IV
Wall of ice ( Bonus )
Volcanic Storm
Ice Storm

Level III
Vampiric Touch
Vampiric Touch( Bonus )

Level II
Burning Gaze
Unnatural Lust
Feast of Ashes
Unnatural Lust (Bonus)

Level I
Burning Hands
Burning Hands (Bonus)
Cure Light Wounds
Cause Light Wounds
Burning Hands

Cantrips
Dancing Light
Read Magic
Bleed
Stabilize

Savior
2012-11-26, 10:45 AM
One of the two guards that protects the domed room travels about the guild headquarters, in order to gather both Reika and Beta for their next task. When both bodies enter, the two guards close the doors, and do as they always do.

Slim Bob acknowledged the two, and let them sit. He opened the floor with a wave to the left wall. On it, a picture of a kitsune was shown.

"This, is Namkitu. He is a dangerous thief, that takes multiple magical items. He is highly dangerous, for his ability to disguise himself well. No one knows what his human form looks like, or how many he has, however, we must find and stop him, before he takes these."

The next photo, as the man to the right of Bob flashed from a distance, was of two simple bands, much like rings. They look platinum, and hold a very shiny appearance.

"These rings produce a magic so fierce, they could over throw kingdoms without resistance. We ask you two, seeing as how powerful you were versus dragons, to take this mad man down. You will have an hour to prepare, one you are done, we will transport you to his last known location. There, you will meet a man named Sven. He will tell you what we know of Namkitu's involvement with the rings."

meemaas
2012-11-26, 07:23 PM
Beta

"I am ready whenever the girl is. I need little that i do not carry with me already."

Raynexakame
2012-11-26, 08:09 PM
Reika

"Why go through all this trouble to find information when we can just go to the rings ourselves and just ambush him at the scene?"
The young girl blinked while questioning that of the guildmaster and the guards.

Savior
2012-11-26, 08:15 PM
"If we do that, we'll never know what Namkitu looks like, or detain him. If we just guard the rings, like we are now, he can easily pick off an officer, assume his identity, and capture the rings. If you're not up to the mission, fine, leave. But don't think an eight year old can out think our council. " The wizard steps out of his chair, beaming at the young girl. It was the first instance of the wizard showing emotion, especially rage. There was a reaction out of the young man to the right of Slim Bob. With closed eyes, the built young man nods his head.

Slim Bob coughed, and stood, as the wizard retook his seat. "Jenkins is right, my dear. If we don't take Namkitu down at the source, he can roam freely between disguises, gain more magical power, and end our attempts to guard these rings."

Raynexakame
2012-11-26, 08:22 PM
Reika

She huffed as she muttered a few words underneath her breath, focussing on one of the guards closest to the wizard that had yelled at her.

"Fine. Just give me a few moments to get ready."

Unnatural Lust to the guard. DC:19 Will or Passionately Kiss Jenkins

Savior
2012-11-26, 08:31 PM
Jenkins notices the spell, instructs his hand over towards the mate trying to kiss him, and instantly stops the guard. Being a medium sized expert, Jenkins overwhelmed the man with a force, and crushed the guard, making him unable to move, and therefore, kiss Jenkins.

Slim Bob slams his hands down onto the table, stands up in a rage, and claps. The two main guards that impede people from entering the room, open the doors in swift action, grasp both Beta and Reika, and expel them from the room.

"SHE WILL OBEY WHEN IN OUR ROOM!"

The guards shut the door, and resume their post, crossing polearms in front of the door, staying stern, and emotionless.

meemaas
2012-11-27, 11:44 PM
Beta

"I don't know what you did, and i don't care. All that matters is that you don't screw up my paycheck. Am i understood?" He leans in close to the little girl and growls.

Raynexakame
2012-11-28, 08:32 PM
Reika

"Alright, well i'm ready to go." she boredly yawned as if she didn't care what had happened not too long ago.

meemaas
2012-11-28, 10:27 PM
Beta

Beta knocks on the door, and then yells through it. "Just send us on our way to where ever we're going."

Savior
2012-11-28, 11:50 PM
The two guards expertly stop Beta from knocking upon the door. As the polearms crossed to his fist, the two guards pushed Beta's hand back. The one to the left of the doorway knocked once, and the door opened. The only thing to extend out was a note, and two pellets. Reika's name was on the note.

Reika
Should you ever want to come in, to assume another task, we await a full apology, with no bratty spells, or slacking demeanor. Child 'Prodigy' or not, no one disrespects the guild in such a way. Enclosed, is a lollipop. Please enjoy the cherry, as you finish the quest.

Be warned. The next time you enter, and we do not accept your apology, you are to be banished from not only this wing of the guild, but the entire guild itself. You are warned.

meemaas
2012-11-29, 06:22 PM
Beta

"This is for you", he growled as he shoved the unread note at her. "Obviously they are angry at you, and the only thing you can do is apologize for whatever you did." He leaned in close to her and snarled softly. "If this effects me because of your immaturity, i can promise you that they will not find your corpse. Are we understood?" After her response, he will back away and watch her closely.

Raynexakame
2012-11-29, 07:07 PM
Reika

Ok. Ok, i'll apologize!" she spoke out loudly, her eyes closing for a moment clearly not wanting to apologize at all, she felt herself above the others that resided within the room, though this was clearly not true.

meemaas
2012-11-29, 07:14 PM
Beta

"After we return, then." Beta threw the pellet at the ground, scooped up the girl, and carried her through the portal to their first destination.

Savior
2012-11-29, 07:39 PM
The two walk from a smoke of red particles, a man in a top hat, pure black jacket, and black tie, Slacks that are mirror color of the jacket, and a white shirt stands with a pocket watch in his hand. Tapping his foot much like a rabbit, he bounds over to the two, and talks in rabid speech.

"You're both late. Oh well, at least we have time. I'm Sven, the man you both are here to meet. The target, Namkitu, was seen in this area, due to an exhibit that portrays one of the two rings you were spoken of. If my intelligence is correct, it is the weaker of the two, however, in his hands, very devastating."

Sven nodded, and allowed no talking back, he turned, and began to bound off in the opposite direction just as fast as he had gotten to them. "I have two separate rooms for you both, and it is late. The exhibit is in two days, ergo, you will run surveillance and security. I will get you both in the morning."

The man pointed at the nearest hotel, a very nice building, with the names of the two guild members. All expenses paid, and meals for both, for as long as they attend the establishment.

meemaas
2012-11-29, 07:46 PM
Beta

Beta dropped the girl on her feet, and started towards the hotel. Once he got to his own room, he took a look around, and immediately started going for a walk around the building. Taking a few hours to get himself a full lay of the land, afterwards he made his way back to his room and simply rested till morning.

Raynexakame
2012-11-29, 08:05 PM
Reika

she huffed as she made her way to her own room, upset that she was sent to bed the very second she had arrived at their destination, regardless she went to bed and woke up in the morning as well as prepping her spells.

Same Spells as last time.

meemaas
2012-12-03, 07:37 PM
Beta

Morning came and he did his morning exercises, only to arrive in the lobby a good hour before Reika did at all.

Raynexakame
2012-12-03, 07:48 PM
Reika

once done with her usual morning activities she entered the main hall to be with beta, her poppet held in her right hand so she was fully prepared for anything

Savior
2012-12-03, 08:16 PM
Sven enters a good hour after Beta, but also after Reika. Inside, he checks his watch, and accompanies the two at a table.

"What we want you both to do, is guard, and espionage. Meaning, Beta. We want you to protect this ring. Even if we don't get Namkitu, we don't want him to get the ring here. Ergo, if things go bad, you kill anyone attempting to get the ring. As far as the guild is concerned, you're the only person able to hold that ring. Reika, you're a smaller target, therefore, i will accompany you, and we will go about town, trying to find Namkitu. He has a few tracks, and tells. you should be able to help me, while you have magic. Both of you understood?"

meemaas
2012-12-03, 08:27 PM
Beta

"So where is this ring that i'm protecting? I need to get an overview of my stakeout zone if i'm to protect it properly."

Raynexakame
2012-12-03, 08:38 PM
Reika

Where in town are we going." she softly spoke with a tone of disinterest in the task she was given, even though she'd go with him anyway

Savior
2012-12-03, 09:35 PM
"Follow me, and you both shall see."

The Pale man stood up, righted his jacket and vest, and checked his pocket watch. He walked first out of the door, and turned right. Assuming the two followed him, for he never looked back, the swift, slender man found the right path, and came to a large, domed building. Inside, on the main floor, dead center, was a domed class case, with lights shining in it, as per magic.

"That is the ring of Wish. A powerful magic spell, that can end all war, or cease all peace. Beta, you are to stand guard, until I or Reika, come and collect you. It is not your job to ask questions, or care about after your post. Your job, is to condemn anyone, and I mean ANYONE, but yourself, from touching it. Got that?"

Raynexakame
2012-12-03, 09:49 PM
Reika

" Ok, sounds simple enough."

meemaas
2012-12-03, 10:04 PM
Beta

Beta pulled from within its resting place inside his shirt, a single crystal, which he carefully placed on top of the case. Whispering to it, he'd then move to stand directly in front of the case, listening and keeping his senses open for any movement, and reacting to such.

Beta perception check [roll0]

Psicrystal Perception check (360 degrees) [roll1]

Raynexakame
2012-12-03, 11:23 PM
Reika

"So where in town are we going to go to? "

Savior
2012-12-07, 06:01 PM
Sven nods to Beta, and moves back towards the entrance of the domed building with Reika. "We, are going to walk around town, and see if we can see what normal people can't. If you see something peculiar, let me know."

Sven walks out of the building, and makes an immediate right, strutting along the street.

Raynexakame
2012-12-07, 10:10 PM
[B]Reika[/B

" alright. " she looked around the area trying to find something that was out of place

Perception:[roll0]