PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Questions on the Undead Bloodline

Teh_das
2012-11-13, 08:51 PM
Hello again, playgrounders. I've got a question that I hope you can help me with.

My friend is rolling up a sorceror in our thursday night PF game, and is trying to make a necromancer. after a bit of perusing the ARG, he settled on gnome, but is having trouble deciding between the undead or sanguine bloodline.

The undead bloodline states:
Some undead are susceptible to your mind-affecting spells. Corporeal undead that were once humanoids are treated as humanoids for the purposes of determining which spells affect them.

How potent is this? I know there are some good mind-affecting spells, and we've been fighting a decent number of undead (particularly zombies and mummys).

alternatively, are there any spells or features that the playground can recommend?

Edit: wordswordswords

Spuddles
2012-11-13, 11:06 PM
Hello again, playgrounders. I've got a question that I hope you can help me with.

My friend is rolling up a sorceror in our thursday night PF game, and is trying to make a necromancer. after a bit of perusing the ARG, he settled on gnome, but is having trouble deciding between the undead or sanguine bloodline.

The undead bloodline states:

How potent is this? I know there are some good mind-affecting spells, and we've been fighting a decent number of undead (particularly zombies and mummys).

alternatively, are there any spells or features that the playground can recommend?

Edit: wordswordswords

Holy Pelor, that's really good. Really expands the utility of your charm spells, given how many undead were once humanoids. One of the biggest problems with mind affecting are the blanket immunities several monster types get. Undead are probably some of the most common enemy types, with former humanoid undead a huge proportion of those.

From the PF SRD:
Undead: devourer, ghost, ghoul, greater shadow, lich, mohrg, mummy, shadow, skeletal champion, skeleton, spectre, vampire, wight, wraith, zombie

All the things in bold are very common templates/monsters made from humanoids.

Teh_das
2012-11-14, 04:40 AM
it's great, I agree :) The question I keep coming to is if it is better than a static +1CL on all necromancy spells.

Spuddles
2012-11-14, 04:43 AM
it's great, I agree :) The question I keep coming to is if it is better than a static +1CL on all necromancy spells.

Only if you plan on doing the undead army thing.

Chained Birds
2012-11-14, 08:46 AM

You can just buy an Ioun Stone for that. Removing immunities from a common foe is a lot better in my opinion, and for free no less.