PDA

View Full Version : Natural selection 2

thorgrim29
2012-11-13, 09:24 PM
So, is anyone else playing? So far other then the fact that the graphics get super choppy at the slightest provocation, making aiming basically impossible in battle involving more then 10 or so peopla, I'm very impressed by the game, and even that is probably more my computer's fault then the game's. I haven't played as commander and very little as aliens, but the marine gameplay is very fun and satisfying, and if you're lucky enough to get a good commander and a disciplined team it's a blast. However, I have to say that the balance seems skewed towards aliens, but I figure this will be gradually fixed.

toasty
2012-11-14, 12:02 PM
Haven't played it much, but it seems not a lot of people here are talking about it anyways. :smallfrown:

NEO|Phyte
2012-11-14, 12:11 PM
I got three days worth of playtime in during the first 6 days after its release, I've slowed down a bit since then. Damn good fun, and worth having preordered the day preorders opened.

Xefas
2012-11-14, 03:23 PM
However, I have to say that the balance seems skewed towards aliens, but I figure this will be gradually fixed.

IIRC, Aliens hover around a 51%-52% win ratio. The game is amazingly balanced for being as asymmetrical as it is. That said, I think there are a few more mechanics still to be added (welding doors, for instance), so we'll see.

iyaerP
2012-11-30, 07:38 AM
This game has been what I have put basically all of my gaming time of the past 2 weeks in, but despite having a good amount of fun, I have had several issues, most notably framerate loss in combat. According to what I can find, that is because NS2 doesn't make good use of multithreading capabilities, and only is optimized to use a single processor. In a day where quad cores are the standard, and many (myself included) have up to six, that is just silly.