PDA

View Full Version : Making a Duskblade/Sublime Chord?

Tvtyrant
2012-11-14, 01:19 AM
What is the best (none super-cheesy) entry into Sublime Chord by a Duskblade? Is Arcane Channeling on a full attack good enough to drop 9th level spells (probably not, but Irresistible Dance on a whip...)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-11-14, 01:32 AM
Bard 1/ Duskblade 13/ Sublime Chord, with Able Learner. Max out UMD while you're at it.
I'd go for a spiked chain with (Permanency) Enlarge Person and Whirlwind Attack, or just get the Whirling property and save a few feats. Maybe even pick up Aberration Blood and Inhuman Reach.

You can get Ancestral Relic for a custom Runestaff and UMD it to cast the spells it contains as though they were on your Duskblade list. That would be getting into cheesy, but it's probably the only thing that can turn a Duskblade into a true Gish. Note that with Ancestral Relic you can put any spells you want onto that and even switch what spells it contains. You can even buy junk loot from the party pool for the half-value it would be sold for, get back a cut of that cash when it's split, and sacrifice the full value of the loot into your relic to upgrade it for less than half price, but that's even more cheese.

A_S
2012-11-14, 11:22 AM
I like Duskblade 5 / Abjurant Champion 4 / Warrior Skald 1 / SC 1 / Abjurant Champion +1 / Iot7V 2 / Legacy Champion 6.

Gets 16 BAB, 9th level spells, and 7 levels of Iot7V class features. If you don't want to worry about SC caster level weirdness, you can also start off with Duskblade 9 and only take 1 level of AC. If you can't use FR material, can take Bard instead of Warrior Skald, but you drop down to 15 BAB for it.

*edit* I don't like going all the way to 13 Duskblade, because in addition to missing out on 9th's, you put off all your good spells until really late into the build (BF's build doesn't get Irresistable Dance until level 17, for instance).