PDA

View Full Version : Can you Miricle PaO

Green Leviathan
2012-11-14, 02:37 PM
quick question. Can you, as a cleric, use miricle to cast polymorph any object if you dont' have access to a domain that has it (ex: trickery). is there any other easy way to get PaO for a cleric?

prufock
2012-11-14, 02:54 PM
Though it isn't listed as an example, I would say this falls under the "very powerful request" part, and cost 5000 xp.

Psyren
2012-11-14, 02:56 PM
Most people take that clause ("including spells to which you have access because of your domains") to simply mean "domain spells count as cleric spells for the purpose of Miracle." It doesn't necessarily mean you personally have to have the domain in question.

But if your DM does rule that way, just get another domain - a dip in Contemplative, Sovereign Speaker or a similar method should do the trick, and make you free and clear. Trickery will get you PAO.

Green Leviathan
2012-11-14, 03:30 PM
Ok, thanks. the build i'm doing already takes contemplative for spell domain. isn't there a spell that allows you to temporarily swap domains? i guess i could go that route.

Diarmuid
2012-11-14, 03:49 PM
It only lets you switch to another domain offered by your Deity.

Subsititute Domain (CChamp)

Wings of Peace
2012-11-14, 04:54 PM
The 'Heretic of the Faith' feat from Power of Faerun will let you swap out one of your domains for one not normally granted by your deity in exchange for the majority of your organized religion disliking/hating you.

Psyren
2012-11-14, 06:10 PM
If you're playing Pathfinder, the "Separatist" archetype will allow your cleric to learn a domain that isn't part of your deity's portfolio as well. This can be used to pick up the Construct domain for PAO.

It's even less clear, however, whether PF Miracle allows the duplication of high-level domain spells.

Fates
2012-11-14, 07:03 PM
There's also the epic Extra Domain feat, though I can't remember whether that requires you to worship a god with that domain.