PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/3.PF] Cleric Tactical Advice

Zjordan85
2012-11-14, 02:38 PM
So, I'm playing a DMM Persist and DMM Maximize Cloistered Cleric with Knowledge Devotion. Currently at level 6, about to hit level 7.

My current strategy involves Persisting a full casting of Channeled Divine Shield each morning for DR 10/- all day, casting a maximized Holy Storm (Planar Handbook p99, 20' rad, deals 2d6/rd to evil creatures, double to undead, 5d6 cold/rd to random evil outsider) and wielding my Banner of the Storm's Eye, becoming a zone of no fear/confusion/etc that punishes evil that enters. Last resort is to cast a maximized Ice Axe (Spell Compendium p118), for 24+1/2 CL cold damage on a touch attack.

Question is: are there any 4th level spells, Magic Items, Feats, whathaveyou, that would work well with this, or patch any weaknesses? (a TN cold creature would probably be my bane).

Zjordan85
2012-11-14, 03:27 PM
Future purchases consist of Gauntlets of Giantfelling [+ up to 3d6 on one damage roll, based on # of size categories above you an opponent is, 3/day] (race is Strongheart Halfling) and Incense of Meditation [All divine spells prepared after burning the incense are prepared as maximised with no spell level increased] (Jaw dropped that I hadn't noticed it before)

jmelesky
2012-11-14, 04:41 PM
It sounds like you're playing with mostly 3.5 material, not Pathfinder. You might get a better response if your thread isn't tagged [PF].