PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Assassin Ryenos

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-16, 12:00 AM
Ryenos awakens from his slumber in his coffin, its just becoming twilight and the sun is setting.

Ryenos sees Sonia about to leave the Crypt, she turns to you and smiles, Ah right, I should probably help you with your mission too. Otherwise we might get a repeat of yesterday. She beckons you over and Ryenos walks up near her. She draws the sword of duplication and a rack of potions from a bag of holding on her waist. She dips the sword in each of the potions and swings the sword at Ryenos once the sword has duplicated.

Buffs Ryenos receives:
+4 Deflection bonus to AC (160 Minute Duration)
+3 Natural Armor bonus to AC (90 Minute Duration)
+4 Charisma Enchantment (100 Minute Duration)
+2 Charisma Bonus (Untyped) (10 Minute Duration)
Polymorph 1/Day (Has to be used within 10 minutes. Lasts 10 minutes)
+1 To hit and Damage (120 Minute Duration)

Sonia smiles, That should help you a bit. Now go off. We can't afford to miss too many nights of not gathering vampires. Remember we need actual vampires not spawn. So any humanoid that is weak enough to turn into a spawn not a vampire can be killed. Any decently strong one must be kept alive and brought back here.

Road_Runner
2012-11-16, 12:04 AM
Ryenos glides as a dark shadow of death 40 ft over the streets of the dock’s district:

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

6 illusions up.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-16, 06:37 PM
Ryenos glides over the district silently, there really isn't many people out on the street You eventually find someone strolling down the street with his hands in his pockets whistling. He doesn't seem to have an weapons on him and is heading north. Ryenos is 40ft above the man and he is completely oblivious.

Road_Runner
2012-11-16, 06:43 PM
Ryenos vanishes even more into the night sky (cloak of deception), before silently swooping down and suddenly appearing right in front of the man. He stares into his eyes and with a hypnotic voice says. "Hello, who are you?"

Dominate DC 13

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-16, 06:45 PM
Will Save: [roll0]

The human easily falls under your attack, he speaks somewhat dazed, Oh me? I am just a merchant of the wonderful tools shop down the block on 6th and 9th street.

Road_Runner
2012-11-16, 06:48 PM
Ryenos smiles. "How nice! Where are you going now? Do you work your shop alone?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-16, 06:50 PM
Oh I am just going to my house now. Ended up running the shop a bit late tonight. And no I work with an assistant at my shop.

Road_Runner
2012-11-16, 06:54 PM
"How nice. If you took me to your shop now, who would know you were missing, and what would they do? Would they assume you were working late or come looking for you?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-16, 06:56 PM
Oh my wife would probably just assume I went to the tavern. I doubt she would come looking for me. I don't think anyone would notice if I went to the shop for a bit longer

Road_Runner
2012-11-16, 06:57 PM
"That's great! I would love it if you would give me a tour of your shop, Ryenos says cheerfully.

EDIT:Ryenos adds on. "You just go to your shop and I"ll follow you from above, ok?", hey says, pointing at the sky. He soars into the sky and follows him 40 feet up from behind (hide/movesilently).

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-16, 07:00 PM
He walks you back to the shop where he unlocks the door. Come on in. These are the construction tools saws and hammers and the like..... He proceeds to give you a in depth tour of the shop. Its entirely non magical and is effectively a general hardware shop. Spare pieces of wood, hammers, crowbars etc line the walls of the large building.

Road_Runner
2012-11-16, 07:02 PM
"Hmmm... how interesting," says Ryenos, clearly not that interested. "Do you know where any strong guards or other more powerful humans might be wandering around tonight?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-16, 07:06 PM
Powerful? Political or Strength. Vengual has both he and the bloodsailors run a tavern near the north east side of town. You would have to be an idiot if you tried to attack it without an army by yourself. The clerics by Fransisco park are Hemlites so I imagine they are strong of themselves. Ackbar is really wealthy and controls a lot of the merchants here. I owe him a decent amount of money too.

Road_Runner
2012-11-17, 03:18 PM
"Strength. Who is this Ackbar person? Where does he live? Could a strong wizard, who could create fireballs, teleport, or turn people into animals be able to fight him or kill some of his guards?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-17, 03:28 PM
I don't think he is a strong wizard. He runs the Twenty in a Quiver magic shop. He never really is by himself he usually has a large construct with him though. I am not sure about his guards though his shop is probably closed right now. You could check though, he may be working late tonight. I don't know if such a person could take him out. I don't really know his defenses on his shop... I would assume some traps are in place.

Road_Runner
2012-11-17, 03:41 PM
"Hmmm... you say you owe him some money? Do you know where he lives? Does he usually walk to work? If you were to knock on his door at night and tell him that his shop had been robbed, would he believe you, or would he disbelieve you for reasons such as you never pass by/check on his shop, or you're a terrible liar."

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-17, 03:46 PM
Yes, no, I don't know, probably not believed as he doesn't trust me that much, I am a decent liar but not amazing,

Road_Runner
2012-11-17, 04:21 PM
Hmmm... do you know of any other merchants that are good friends of Ackbar?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-17, 04:46 PM
No. Ackbar doesn't really interact much with the people of the docks. He mostly just runs his shop. I don't think I have ever seen him outside the shop, he always calls me over there to discuss debt and payments.

Road_Runner
2012-11-17, 04:56 PM
"Well, let's go check out his shop. I know where it is... this man ripped me off once. You just walk there and I"ll stay about 200 ft ahead of you in the air. Stop once you get about 150 feet away from the shop." (I'm assuming Ryenos remembers where it is)

Upon getting about 60 ft up the street away from the shop, Ryenos invisibly decends invisibly onto the roof of a nearby building, peering down at the shop to see if it looks closed or if there is anyone inside near the windows.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-17, 05:03 PM
You reach the shop without incident. The merchant knocks on the door and Akcbar opens it still inside his house. Ackbar looks happy to see him and cheerfully remarks, Ah hello Walter! What brings you here? Oh I think I have just the item for you come on inside.

Walter looks like he is about to follow Ackbar inside.

Road_Runner
2012-11-17, 05:16 PM
Ryenos silently swoops into the air off the building and back to the guy, who is 150 ft away. "Ok, so here's the my plan. You're going to go up to the shop, clearly upset, maybe crying, if you can pull it off, saying that some muggers jumped you and your friend, and your friend is in critical condition and needs help. You need to lure Ackbar away from the shop, down this alleyway into some dark part, where I will attack him. Do you have a friend you can name who Ackbar would know about, and probably cares about?"

Edited: wrong color

Road_Runner
2012-11-17, 05:51 PM
"Well, you can just name one of your friends or something, doesn't really matter if Ackbar doesn't know him. Just remember to try and lure him out, lying as necessary. I understand you are a reasonable liar, but it would be since you and your friend were attacked by muggers, it would look more convincing if you looked the part. Hold still please."

Ryenos punches the man in the face a couple times, breaking his nose and bruising his eye. He shoves him into the dirt so it looks like he got in a scuffle.

Yeah well... Ryenos is evil now

EDIT: Right, and then Ryenos tells him to follow through with plan (designating the position for him to come to where his friend is "bleeding on the ground.") and then waits silently onto of a nearby building. Also, he tells the guy to grapple him as soon as Ryenos swoops down to atttack.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-17, 05:56 PM
The merchant knocks on the door and Akcbar opens it still inside his house. Ackbar sees that he is upset, Ah hello Walter, what seems to be the problem?

Walter cries out, A-Ashlyen is being attacked, please come fast you have something that can help her right?

Ackbar looks worried, and nods, Got it Walter I will grab something right now. He ducks into the shop and comes out grabbing an odd device you haven't seen.

This should help you he activates the device and Ryenos feels his mindcontrol instantly shatters on Walter. Now hurry inside.

Walter looks panicked and dashes inside the house.

Road_Runner
2012-11-17, 06:02 PM
Ryenos sighs, muttering to himself, "clerics are probably too strong... especially since tangling with them while undead probably isn't the best choice."

Ryenos decides to fly over to the bloodsailor tavern (40 ft in air), and scout around it too see if any bloodsailors are wandering in the surrounding streets. If all the surrounding streets (probably searching in about a 300 ft radius) are deserted, he will head over to the dock's district.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-17, 06:04 PM
You don't see any bloodsailors outside their base but you do here much rukus coming from inside the bar.

Road_Runner
2012-11-17, 06:10 PM
Ryenos invisibly flies in from 60 ft away (Cloak of Shadows) to land on top of the tavern as quickly as possible. He then listens to hear what's going on. (Does he see anything unusual through the windows as he flies in?).

[roll0] Hide
[roll1] Move Silently
[roll2] Listen

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-18, 12:55 AM
Ryenos hears a bunch of bloodsailors rambling on, pretty much all of them are drunk and plenty are singing pretty poorly. Standard bar seen from what you can hear. You can not hear Vengual or Dara'Nei.

Road_Runner
2012-11-18, 01:07 AM
From what I know of Ryenos's knowledge, do bloodsailors mostly live in the surrounding areas, or can the tavern house a large number of them? If the former, Ryenos will wait around about a half hour to listen some more and see if any leave to stumble off for their house so he can catch them unawares.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-18, 01:54 AM
They aren't actually that well known outside the dock's district but they pretty much stay inside the tavern and the underground bunker you saw beneath the tavern.

Road_Runner
2012-11-18, 02:22 AM
Ryenos will just leave and fly off to the worker's district then. (40 ft up, hiding and moving silently, looking for people).

Note: Although they are still up, I still have 6 illusions

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-18, 03:18 PM
Flying over the district you notice the streets are empty, however, flying for a bit you see the lights on a single house (The rest are dark) and screams coming from inside. You are about 100ft away and 60ft up.

Road_Runner
2012-11-18, 03:21 PM
Ryenos flies towards and into the house.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-18, 03:23 PM
You can't actually enter the house as you are a vampire. Inside you see a corpse of a man strewn over one of the tables and a young woman crying in a corner. She is being cornered by three men wielding a great sword and one is wielding a hatchet and a dagger.

Road_Runner
2012-11-18, 03:34 PM
"Invite me in." says Ryenos menacingly.

Attacking the man with the greatsword with blasts of light:

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]
[roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]

Road_Runner
2012-11-18, 03:39 PM
[roll0]

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-18, 03:44 PM
The woman cries out sobbing, Please help! Please come in! Please!

The three men turn to look at you the one getting blasted yelling your, Hey $#@#$@# you just picked the wrong fight. Go meet the Benevolent Overlord!

Init
[roll0]
[roll1]

Road_Runner
2012-11-18, 03:53 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Road_Runner
2012-11-18, 04:08 PM
Ryenos ignites his fist, punching the man with shining fists.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage(nonlethal): [roll1]
Damage(lethal): [roll2] + [roll3]

Attack: [roll4]
Damage(nonlethal): [roll5]
Damage(lethal): [roll6] + [roll7]

(if first attack happens to drop him, not following up, but attacking the guy above him)

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-18, 09:26 PM
You drop the bruiser, the other one steps forward and tries to hit you, [roll0]
[roll1]

The other one teleports behind you and stabs you,

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Ryenos loses two images.

Road_Runner
2012-11-18, 11:30 PM
Ryenos uses dominate person on the one in front of me.

DC 17 will save or be my minion mhuahahah

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-18, 11:40 PM

The other bruiser fails his will save and is dominated by your gaze. Larry bolts off down the street at a rapid pace and moves down further than you can see.

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 12:27 AM
Ryenos uses dominate on the woman

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-19, 12:29 AM
Will Save: [roll0] The woman's eyes slump as she falls under your power.

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 12:58 AM
Ryenos asks the woman to invite him in

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 01:00 AM
Ryenos asks the woman what happened.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-19, 01:03 AM
The woman dully awnsers your question, They broke in and wanted money. My husband refused and they gutted him without hesitation. They then were mocking and hitting me to amuse themselves until you showed up

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 01:11 AM
ryenos heals the other guy into consciousness using touch of the shadow sun.

When he wakes prone he tells him not to stand up, and uses dominate person until he fails.

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 01:18 AM
Ryenos heals everyone to max with his healing ability.

Then he commands the two men and the woman over. "Gather friends! Welcome aboard to the Ryenos minion team! First of all, what kind of abilities do you guys have? (eg, what level/class/etc) Secondly, I need to find some strong people to capture, strong veteran fighters or wizards who can conjure magical fireballs, does anyone know where I could find people of these strength to capture without too much difficulty?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-19, 01:26 AM
The woman I can sew
The two bruisers We can beat things up and we are trained in the Iron Heart and White Raven martial disciplines

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 01:30 AM
"Excellent. Fighting skills are always useful, and sewing will be invaluable if clothing gets damaged during combat. We might even have uniforms. Who knows. Get excited. Anyways, you mugger people, you seem good at mugging people. I'm assuming you know how to find people who to mug. Where could I find some reasonable strong warriors or wizards, clerics, etc. to capture?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-19, 01:34 AM
Uh, we were mostly just wandering around after drinking. I don't know of any wizards in this district. Ackbar runs a magic shop so he might be a wizard? The guard station also probably has a few Hemlites. Most of the casters probably ditched once we broke out of prison and started messing everything up. There are a bunch of decently strong guys back at the prison but they will murder you if you approach it.

(Also note: It has been 20 minutes so some of your buffs have run out)

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 03:39 PM
"Ackbar runs a shop here?? I thought he worked at the dock's district. What do you mean 'when we broke out of prison and started messing everything up.' Has there been some sort of mass prison break or something?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-19, 03:41 PM
I don't know bout the docks but a guy named Ackbar definitely owns a shop in the workers. Same name or something? And ya for some odd reason the guards released us prisoners from our cells and let us run wild. I don't really see the reason and most of the guards are dead now very odd

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 10:14 PM
"Hmmm... let's go check out the shop first, and then maybe we'll go to the guard station. If we run into any enemies on the way, go ahead and attack them, but focus on trying not to get hurt. Also try not to kill anyone. What are your names?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-19, 10:16 PM
The women speaks, Mary

The two bruisers speak, William and Henry

[roll0]

You arrive to the shop without incident. You are 100ft away and the lights are clearly on.

Road_Runner
2012-11-19, 10:24 PM
Ryenos resummons 6 illusions on the way.

Ok guys, here's the plan. Mary, you're going to walk along the street in front of the shop. As you get about 25 feet past it, William and Henry (who are going to take a circuitous route to hide behind some building/alley beforehand) are going to jump out and start beating you up and mugging you. Then they're going to drag you off screaming around the building about 25 feet past that. I'm going to be hiding on top of that building. (Ryenos will fly there using his invisibility beforehand). Then if/when the shopkeeper shows up, William and Henry start attacking him. Mary you can stab him with a needle or something if you want, but it probably be easier if you just stayed out of the way. Also, don't worry about getting beat up, I can heal you afterwards. Just make it realistic people.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-19, 10:45 PM
When Mary walks past the shop the door swings open. Someone who looks identical to Ackbar is standing in the doorway (If you can see) and waves a device at Mary. You feel your connection shatter to Mary, He then calls out in a somewhat annoyed ton Okay Mr Vampire, I understand you may have some complaint about my business but would you at least stop trying to run dominated people in front of my shop?! I don't even remember serving a vampire recently! If you are running errands on the service of another vampire who has control over you might I suggest trying to buy my [i]Vampire Control Remover Draught[i]? It removes vampire's control over other vampires! It may be produced for a fairly specific crowd but that doesn't mean it isn't a high quality invention of mine!

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 02:13 AM
Realizing that his offer is the perfect thing to say a vampire to trick them into using some undead killing device:

Sense Motive:[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-20, 02:16 AM
You can't sense any indication that he is lying to you

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 02:48 AM
Ryenos says, "I'll take it... but I don't trust you enough to go in your shop. You already scammed me once."

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-20, 02:51 AM
I don't trust you enough to let you INTO the shop so thats fine. He walks into the shop and walks out holding a potion a rod and a shield. In case you have a ranged attack, I will take the money first to prevent you from just flying off with the potion.

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 02:59 AM
"What's with the rod and the shield? How does this work?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-20, 03:02 AM
Oh these are just defensive in case you have a ranged attack that allows you to attack me without entering the house. And you just drink the potion and it shatters the bonds.

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 03:06 AM
Ryenos brings down the money to do the trade.

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 03:09 AM
"By the way, if this doesn't work, I WILL make your life hell. You will never get a nighttime customer again."

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-20, 03:15 AM
All my items are of perfect quality and work wonderfully. And I ALREADY don't get any customers at night. The criminals are wrecking this shops' efficiency.

He hands Ryenos the potion who then drinks the potion, Ryenos feels the potion not quite breaking free any bonds. Except maybe the one holding is soul to the mortal coil. He feels a massive amount of positive energy flood his being.

Roll a will save vs Heal.

Ackbar then points the rod at you and says, Get off my property. the rod explodes with a burst of light.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Ryenos turns gaseous, Akcbar mutters to you, Now get off and go to your crypt. In exchange for you not bothering me anymore I will let you keep your two pets. The next time you come here or anywhere else I will kill you.

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 03:30 AM
Ryenos flies back to his coffin and reforms.

Waking up extremely pissed, he paces around the room furiously, before finally calming himself with a fantasy of slowly drinking Ackbar's blood while he begs for mercy. Sighing, he flies back to the worker's district.

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 03:38 AM
Ryenos heads towards the guard station.

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 03:44 AM
MS: [roll1]

6 illlusions up.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-20, 03:14 PM
You fly over the station seeing 16 guards posted on watchtowers split 20ft apart (8 towers in total 2 on each tower). The gate is sealed and the guards on the tower are equipped with Longbows and greatswords sheathed. On the main building there seems to be a singular large lookout tower where there are 3 figures. Two guards wielding bows and 1 man in chain mail unarmed but having a buckler.

2 Nearest Guards Listen check
[roll0]
[roll1]

Neither guard notices Ryenos.

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 07:12 PM
Ryenos flies down invisibly, landing so he blocks the stairwell (still trying to be silent and hidden). Upon landing he uses dominate person on one of the guards.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-20, 08:08 PM
The two guards look surprised,

Init: [roll1]

Road_Runner
2012-11-20, 08:13 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-20, 10:32 PM
The two guards draw their great swords and swing at Ryenos,

Guard 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

(Cleave)
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Guard 2
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

(Cleave)
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]

The guard's then call out to the other towers, Intruder on Tower 5! Light shines on your watchtower and an alarm is sounded.

Wizard Init: [roll22]

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-20, 10:34 PM
Correct Mirror Image Rolls Second Guard

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

The wizard from the main tower unleashes a blast of magic missiles towards Ryenos.

[roll5] * 1.5

Ryenos's images are gone and he takes 51 points of damage.

Ryenos's turn.

Road_Runner
2012-11-22, 11:11 AM
Wait, so what's the distance between me and the wizard now?

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-22, 03:29 PM
30ft Horizontal 20ft vertical (He is above you).

Road_Runner
2012-11-22, 06:16 PM
Ryenos flies 30 ft towards him and uses dominate person on the wizard.

Also summoning more illusions

[roll0]

Also I heal 5 hp.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-24, 02:10 PM

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-24, 02:13 PM
The Wizard fails his will save and sways under Ryenos's control.

Guards Sense Motive: [roll0], [roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-24, 02:16 PM
One of the guards shouts out, He did something to Canas quick restrain him!

And rushes forward to grapple Canas,
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Grapple: [roll1]
Canas Grapple: [roll2]

Touch Attack: [roll3]
Grapple: [roll4]
Canas Grapple: [roll5]

The second guard manages to start a grapple with Canas, Come on! Snap out of it!

It is currently Ryenos's turn.

Road_Runner
2012-11-24, 02:31 PM
Ryenos heals 5 more hp. He flies up and lands on the tower (not exactly sure where he can land, but w/e. He uses dominate person on the second guard grappling Canas. He mentally commands the wizard to attempt to break the grapple as best as he can. He also mentally commands the wizard to shout out the following: "Apples!" if he has still spell prepared. "Oranges!" if there are probably a high number of reinforcements coming, and Ryenos is going to seriously be in danger (Ryenos gives him a brief mental impression of his power level, I'm not sure if he can communicate HD in in-game terms, but he tries his best). "Bananas!" if there are reinforcements coming, but Ryenos can probably handle them (maybe due to the fact that most of the guards are not spell casters, and can barely hurt Ryenos with his immunity to slashing damage and high AC/images). "Pinecones!" if most of the guard is on the towers, and there are little to no reinforcements coming. "Broccoli!" if he really has no idea whether anyone inside knows what's going on, or how many forces are inside the police station.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-24, 02:33 PM

The wizard speaks, Apples, Oranges

Road_Runner
2012-11-24, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure how the turn order is working now, can the wizard act now that the grapple has been released, and he hasn't taken a turn yet?

Road_Runner
2012-11-25, 01:01 AM
Giving up on secrecy, Ryenos commands the Wizard to name the most dangerous threats in the police station, such as traps, any casters, dangerous guards, etc.

Road_Runner
2012-11-25, 01:03 AM
Giving up on secrecy, Ryenos commands the Wizard to name the most dangerous threats in the police station, such as traps, any casters, dangerous guards, etc. Also if he could briefly summarize his spell list, or atleast highlight as many useful ones as he can.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-29, 02:46 AM
Commander Armstrong is a vicious fighter who could probably kill you by herself. There are 5 Hemlites inside the base as well as 4 guard wizards and 3 initiates of the silver cloak, a local mage guild. There are assorted other guards and men inside the fort. Including some special force of the guard that I have not met. I have mostly damage spells prepared but I do have a fly and a dimensional door if you wish to flee.

Road_Runner
2012-11-29, 03:14 AM
Ryenos commands the Wizard to escape as best as possible, using fly or dimension door if necessary, doing whatever he thinks would get him out fastest with the greatest chance of survival.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-29, 03:06 PM
The wizard uses dimensional door and you, the guard and him vanish and reappear quite a distance. The guard's tower isn't visible but you are directly behind a building in it's direction.

Road_Runner
2012-11-29, 08:37 PM
Ryenos turns to the wizard. "Good job. I'm guessing they're all alerted now, so it would be dangerous to go back. Do you think they will pursue us?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-29, 08:44 PM
In a slight daze the Wizard answers, Unlikely, there are too many criminals to spread their forces. They fear that they may walk into an ambush.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-29, 09:06 PM
Ryenos gains 2700xp from the previous mugger encounter. Bringing his total to 10600.

If he spends 8k he loses a level adjustment if he doesn't he levels.

For the guard station encounter he gains 3375 xp if he bought off the level adjustment. 2.5k if he didn't.

Road_Runner
2012-12-02, 02:37 AM
Ryenos asks the wizard a series of questions mentally as the group heads back to find the other two prisoners that were waiting behind some building a short distance from the police station.

1. What's going on with the current prison break situation? Any information about how this happened, what the police are doing about it, etc.

2. He briefly describes the vampire ritual, without giving specifics about who is doing it, or where he heard it from, and asks if he knows about it, or if not, any wizard/arcane library/etc that might have information about it.

3. Describes his need to find moderately strong people to dominate, and asks him what he think might be the most effective way to find more people, (maybe he knows of another good place to target, etc., doesn't have to be in this district), especially other casters like himself.

4. Spell list, list of feats, class level (is he straight up wizard? Does he have levels in any other class?)

5. Reading the dominate spell, Ryenos is also going to for all dominated subjects.
a) make sure to concentrate for atleast 1 round per day so they don't get new saves
b) give commands that, if something happens to Ryenos, or he gets knocked unconscious in battle, etc, and is unable to directly command them, try to help/save him to the best of their ability, effectively treat him as their friend. This could include fighting off attackers trying to kill him, rescuing him from people trying to capture him, etc.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-05, 05:13 PM
The prisoners broke out and are terrorizing the district. They are well equipped and armed due to breaking into almost all the shops in the district. Ackbar's is the only shop still open. There are about 100 prisoners that broke out, the guards aren't sure how they broke out and we have no contact with the prison guards. Right now the guards are bunkering and trying to prevent the criminals from escaping the district. They plan an all out assault on the prison in two days in the morning of the second day.

In response to being told the vampire ritual you feel your control over him shaken a bit but still being maintained (You essentially told him he would be sacrificed which warrants another saving throw. He failed). I have never heard of such a ritual. The important wizard libraries are in the nobel's district and the tower of the storm's eye in the central district.

He pauses, For other powerful people to find you could try ambushing guards. Most casters are defended and I don't know of any bases or liars that could be broken into by you alone. Some Hemlites have refugee shelters throughout the districts some of those might be relatively poorly defended. I wouldn't suggest attacking the headquarters again they will have increased security a lot.

(List of feats is an OOC construct he doesn't know it. Also since I can't see a good way of describing his spells/classes IC. He is an evoker wizard/magic missile mage who can cast 4th level spells. Current spells, Magic Missile * 3, True Strike, Magic Missile Empowered *2, Invisibility, Fly Fireball *1)

Ryenos gives those commands

Road_Runner
2012-12-05, 05:37 PM
Ryenos quickly meets up with the rest of the group, introducing them to each other and welcoming the new members. Unless the wizard has more specific knowledge of a location, he then heads off in a random direction looking for guards/hemlites with his team lagging 150 ft behind. Flying 40 ft high.

EDIT: Basically random direction, but not back to the police station; Ryenos stays away from that general area.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-07, 11:49 PM
Ryenos wanders around the district for about 2 hours without finding any activity in the district.

Road_Runner
2012-12-08, 02:11 AM
Ryenos thinks to himself. Hmm, this isn't working. We need to attract people more effectively. He continues as before, but this time, he has Mary walking around below him, the rest of the team lagging behind her as normal, while he flies above her, as she cries and screams out the name of her husband. They continue this for about another hour.

EDIT: Nvm, forgot we lost Mary. In that case, we just walk around for another hour or so like before.

DOUBLE EDIT: Actually, Henry can walk around sobbing for his wife. William will hold his weapons so he is unarmed.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-09, 02:11 PM
You still see no one throughout the city, several times you see a light on in a nearby house but it quickly goes out when they hear your minion's voices.

Road_Runner
2012-12-09, 11:36 PM
Since it will only take a few minutes to get a new minion, Ryenos gathers his team and attempts to break into the house that turns its lights off immeditaely. He takes one round to circle and see if there is a back door, at which case William will be stationed at, and then has Henry try to open the door, and if that fails break down with his axe.

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-18, 07:55 PM
[roll0]

You manage to enter the house pretty effortlessly, upstairs you hear a man screaming, Please no! I have nothing left. You already took everything of value her please spare me!

If you attempt to engage him and capture him read the spoiler,

You succeed fairly easily but the man screams his head off for about a minute before you can bring him outside and dominate him.

Road_Runner
2012-12-19, 04:27 PM
Ryenos dominates him and welcomes him to the team.

Road_Runner
2012-12-19, 04:33 PM
I guess since he's running out of time, Ryenos and his team will go back to the dungeon place.

Road_Runner
2012-12-22, 05:01 PM
(Since he needs some more people anyways, Ryenos will head back through the district entrance. He will fly 50 ft up against the night sky while his party stays 100 ft away from the entrance, out of sight.)

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-23, 03:26 PM
Ryenos sees about 15 guards and a makeshift barricade. Three of the guards have tower shields and are just behind the 15ft by 5ft barricade. Behind them are about 8 guards with bows and arrows and then about 3 weaponless fighters wearing a chain shirt and one Hemilte. They haven't spot Ryenos

Road_Runner
2012-12-23, 08:53 PM
Ryenos quickly flies back silently and stealthily to reconvene with party.

Talking with the wizard, he briefly mentally describes what he sees. Speaking mentally:

Ok so, there is one hemlite. The rest of the guard can't hurt me. I'm guessing the guards are not going to be overwhelmingly strong, because they're probably worried about controlling the prisoners wrecking havoc in the district, rather than worrying about people coming in and out. Do you think the guard force is likely to be strong? Also what's your name, I don't believe I caught it."

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-23, 09:58 PM
The wizard responds, My name is Franches. And these guards should be pretty strong, the guards aren't actually trying to maintain order in the district, there are too few guards and too many prisoners. Instead they are trying to stop the prisoners from leaving the district. Eventually, we will attack the prison and hopefully quell the outbreak while they are all in one place rather than spread out throughout the district.

Road_Runner
2012-12-24, 12:01 AM
Just to clarify:

1 hemlite
3 tower shield guards (are they carrying any melee weapons?)
8 archers
3 unarmed fighters

Ryenos asks about the guards he described mentally. "So, I'm guessing these guards are mostly you generic fighter types, and don't have any supernatural or magical abilities? How strong do you think the unarmed fighters are? The hemlite is my major concern, because I am very resistant to physical attacks, but as an undead I can be assaulted by divine magic. What are the strongest spells do you think the hemlite can cast? It would be nice if you, William, and Henry could help me in the fight, but I don't want you to get hurt and you are much easier targets for the weaponed guards to attack. I literally cannot be hurt by arrows or swords, so I think it might be possible to win the fight. What do you think?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-12-30, 11:24 PM
The wizard speaks, No they should be above average guards, their is a monk monastery but they usually don't help with guard work so I am not sure who the unarmed fighters are. The hemlite could range from a novice and healing with first level spells to 4th or 5th level spells if he is a high adept. I just can't tell.

Road_Runner
2012-12-31, 03:12 PM
Btw touch AC is 29. Do I get an Aoo or do they have improved trip?

Trip Attempt: [roll0]

Road_Runner
2012-12-31, 05:15 PM
Ryenos immediate action teleports next to the psions before his turn (altered remora).

Using flaming weapon he full attacks the one on the right (the damaged one).

Attack: [roll0]
Damage(normal): [roll1]
Damage(fire): [roll2]
Damage(half fire half cold): [roll3]

Attack: [roll4]
Damage(normal): [roll5]
Damage(fire): [roll6]
Damage(half fire half cold): [roll7]

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-02, 12:10 AM
The first attack hits the second misses

The long spear guards once again trip Ryenos and can't deal damage to Ryenos. The three psions once again try to grasp Ryenos with their burning hands. Two hit dealing 81 damage to Ryenos.

The psions call out, Just hold on! Aribeth will be here soon!

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-11, 01:56 AM
Sonia gets up from her workbench in the lair and stops fiddling with an odd potion and turns to Ryenos. The time is upon us, lets begin the plan. I assume you can get into the prison without being spotted by whatever useless guards they have on the outside watch. All the important people will be at the entrance to the lower levels. I will assume it will take you 20 minutes to get their in time then I shall unleash the distraction. If all goes well Kygnos will take the loud noise and the sounds of battle as a time to attack and then once she appears you can capture her. If Kyngos doesn't show up, attack anyone you feel would be a good help back here, dead or alive really, preferably alive though. Also here, have a bag of holding I got recently. Put Kyngos and anyone else you knock out in here.

Sonia dunks her duplication sword in the series of potions she produces and gives you the same buffs as last time

Buffs Ryenos receives:
+4 Deflection bonus to AC (160 Minute Duration)
+3 Natural Armor bonus to AC (90 Minute Duration)
+4 Charisma Enchantment (100 Minute Duration)
+2 Charisma Bonus (Untyped) (10 Minute Duration)
Polymorph 1/Day (Has to be used within 10 minutes. Lasts 10 minutes)
+1 To hit and Damage (120 Minute Duration)

Any final questions?

Road_Runner
2013-01-12, 01:47 AM
"Do you think there is a chance Aribeth would show up? I ran into her once before and she was very powerful and problematic. Luckily I was able to escape, but it was not easy..."

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-12, 01:49 AM
"Do you think there is a chance Aribeth would show up? I ran into her once before and she was very powerful and problematic. Luckily I was able to escape, but it was not easy..."

Sonia thinks breifly, Honestly, I doubt it. I am honestly surprised you ran into her at all. She is incredibly busy in clearing out the beggar's nest still.

Road_Runner
2013-01-12, 01:51 AM
"That is good. I guess I am ready. One final question though, since I am waiting for this "distraction", what might it look like?"

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-12, 01:54 AM
Ah right. The distraction was a previous experiment of mine on a child named Chrona. The child was infused with some rather potent and mind altering magical and alchemical fluids and was rendered rather insane. The child will be about 13 now and have pink hair it should be pretty obvious who it is. The child's abilities revolve around manipulation of blood, which for the child is black. The black blood can harden protecting Chrona from harm, form spikes, and induce madness. Its one of my best works.

Road_Runner
2013-01-12, 02:06 AM
Ryenos raises his eyebrows. "Interesting... well until later then." He flies off towards the prison, stealthily landing on the roof and listening for people.

Listen: [roll2]

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-12, 10:52 PM
Ryenos spots four guards patrolling the front gate but by hiding in the night sky he lands on the roof silently. He doesn't hear much for about 5 minutes, until a massive mental pressure is exerted on Ryenos's thoughts, almost pushing him directly into madness before Ryenos can regain control of his thoughts. He feels the pressure coming from below the ground floor. With Ryenos's keen hearing he hears shouting and talking from several unidentified voices but he also hears Nike near the center of the prison.

Road_Runner
2013-01-12, 11:09 PM
Deciding he doesn't want to alert the guards right away, and since he hasn't heard Kyngos yet, Ryenos waits for a bit over the entrance.