PDA

View Full Version : Bard/Beguiler

Cranthis
2012-11-16, 04:12 AM
A friend of mine is building a Bard/Beguiler/Virtuouso. He intends to go Beguiler 6/ Bard 1/ Virtuous 10. There are 3 open levels here, and neither of us can find something to fill it with, except for more Beguiler. Any recommendations?

Edit: If possible, Beguiler 4/ Bard 1/ [insert class here] 2/ Virtuouso 10/ [insert class here] 1 would be great.

Seharvepernfan
2012-11-16, 06:56 AM
A friend of mine is building a Bard/Beguiler/Virtuouso. He intends to go Beguiler 6/ Bard 1/ Virtuous 10. There are 3 open levels here, and neither of us can find something to fill it with, except for more Beguiler. Any recommendations?

Edit: If possible, Beguiler 4/ Bard 1/ [insert class here] 2/ Virtuouso 10/ [insert class here] 1 would be great.

What about Prestige Bard from UA?

Spuddles
2012-11-16, 08:30 AM
Mindbender. Telepathy is so delicious when you're invisible. Pairs even better with Perform: Telepathy.

Jeff the Green
2012-11-16, 09:29 AM
If Prestige Bard is allowed, I'd go Beguiler 5/Prestige Bard 2/Beguiler +2 (7)/Virtuoso 10/PrC 1

Explanation: Beguiler 7 nets you Advanced Learning, which is beter if you've gotten at least one spellcasting level from a PrC. Prestige bard is nice because it not only gives you the standard bard abilities, it adds to previous arcane casting, thus allowing you to pick up a better spell with Advanced Learning, such as shadow conjuration, and adds bard spells to your spell list, which for the beguiler is the same as spells known.

Otherwise, I'd go Beguiler 5/Mindbender 1/Beguiler +2 (7)/Bard 1/Virtuoso 10/PrC 1.

Explanation: Essentially the same as above, except you don't get bard spells added to your list but get Telepathy 100' instead, and can pick up Mindsight as a feat. Other options instead of Mindbender include Visionary Seeker (PlH) and Shadow Adept (PGtF). Check out the Beguiler handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872218/-_The_New_Beguiler_Handbook_-_2008).

Incidentally, if you have access to the 3.0 version of Virtuoso from Song and Silence, you're better off using that. The music is a bit weaker, but it has full casting.

TopCheese
2012-11-16, 03:39 PM
Ok so this is scary... 2 of the 4 BBEGs I've been making were a bard and a beguiler. They were going to work tegether.

But now I might just make them both Bard/Beguilers since that combo does seem pretty interesting...

Might just use both builds suggested by Jeff the Green ... That may just work...

But more of the OP... How about a couple levels of Crusader in there, near the end of course. There is some tasty synergy with bard/crusader. It also will make your friend a bit tougher and be able to White Raven Tactics himself for the fun of it...

nedz
2012-11-16, 05:49 PM
Sublime Chord seems interesting, though a 1 level dip would only add two 4th and one 5th spell known, but they are from the Wiz/Sorc list.

gorfnab
2012-11-16, 07:51 PM
Heartfire Fanner prestige class - Dragon #314

etrpgb
2012-11-18, 07:28 AM
I fail to see what your friend want to archieve... Bard and Beguiller do not sinergize well...

Why not just go with the bard Bard 8/Virtuoso 2/Sublime Chord 2/Virtuoso 8 ?

Of course if you get a way to put a Mindbender single level dip in the 8 Bard level, all the better.