PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul Varient

Tylorious
2012-11-16, 07:56 AM
I have read a bit about varying classes. I would like the favored soul to have a fighter's BAB and a d10 HD. What should I alter about the class in order to keep it balanced?

starship1
2012-11-16, 08:08 AM
a duskblades spell table.

Tylorious
2012-11-16, 08:10 AM
can you elaborate?

Mishkov
2012-11-16, 08:51 AM
There's a 4th level spell called divine power that gives you full BAB. If I were playing a favored soul (Cleric is better in every way btw), I wouldn't want to trade anything for a d10 and full BAB when I could already do it with spells.

What are you trying to balance it against though? If your party is full of wizards and clerics, you could just give it to them, but if it's all rangers and fighters and truenamers, gut their spells or spell selection.

eggs
2012-11-16, 09:10 AM
You could follow the Battle Sorcerer's lead and go with -1 spell known and -1 spell per day per spell level.

But that would make it a similarly poor option compared to normal FS from an optimization standpoint, while still being massively more powerful than a Fighter or Barbarian.

Tylorious
2012-11-16, 11:38 AM
Thank you guys, I dont want to be a cleric because i believe it to be too powerful for my group. Favored Soul on the other hand is perfect. Also, are there any races that increase strength and con without reducing charisma?

Kazyan
2012-11-16, 11:42 AM
Thank you guys, I dont want to be a cleric because i believe it to be too powerful for my group. Favored Soul on the other hand is perfect. Also, are there any races that increase strength and con without reducing charisma?

Skarn with the Dragonborn of Bahamut template. Your Dexterity will suuuuuck though.

blackspeeker
2012-11-16, 12:18 PM

Half giants, although they have wisdom penalty and +1 LA. But also they get powerful build which I always like to have.

Talya
2012-11-16, 01:53 PM
Half giants, although they have wisdom penalty and +1 LA. But also they get powerful build which I always like to have.

If the +1 Level Adjustment is acceptable, why not pick Goliath? +4 str, -2 dex, +2 con, powerful build. Better for a melee favored soul in every way...