PDA

View Full Version : githzerai build

leegi0n
2012-11-16, 08:47 AM
Playgrounders,

could one of you (or a few of you) help construct a couple of level 15 Githzerai builds. I am DM'ing an Astral Plane setting for the first time and these guys seem to have a ton of flavor, but I'm not familiar with psionic builds.

I would like one to be a psionic equivalent of an evoc. blaster/pain maker of sorts. I would like the other to be a monk of sorts, I suppose.

Thanks in advance.

eggs
2012-11-16, 11:15 AM
On the blaster, an Ardent using Dominant Ideal (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a), Metapower and Overchannel is usually the biggest, bluntest instrument you can get, and it keys off Gith's strong mental stat (Ardent and Metapower are in Complete Psionic; Ardents are kind of a pain to build, so I don't want to fiddle with that until we have an idea of what sources you're using, what optimization level you're aiming for and all that).

On the Monk, do you also want it to be psionic? Psionic monks do very well - even something as simple as Monk 6/Psionic Fist 7 can size-stack its unarmed strikes for high damage and use psionic powers to move around the battlefield and get flurry on almost every round. If you google "Tashalatora," you can find some existing builds. (Tash. is a feat in Secrets of Sarlona that stacks Monk and psionic class levels for the purposes of unarmed strike damage - it's usually used to make Psychic Warriors and Ardents that out-do straightclassed Monks class at their own schtick).

docnessuno
2012-11-16, 11:55 AM
Githzerai (Psionic) Swordsage 8 / Broodclaw master 2 / Swordsage +4 [ECL 16, CR 15]

Str: 10 (10 base)
Dex: 28 (15 base +4 item +3 level +6 racial)
Con: 16 (14 base +2 item)
Int: 12 (14 base -2 racial)
Wis: 18 (14 base +2 racial +2 item)
Cha: 12 (12 base)

HP: 112 (8+11d8+2d12+42)
Ini: +12 (+9 dex, +3 quick to act)
AC: 31 (+9 Dex +8 Armor +4 Wis), To: 23, FF: 18
For / Ref / Wil: +14 / +24 / +16 (+2 resistance, +2 defensive stance)
BAB / Gra: +10 / +10

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Greater Shadow Blade.

Skill ranks: Balance 10, Concentration 10, Hide 15, Jump 10, Listen 15, Martial lore 10, Move silently 15, tumble 10, Sense motive 6.

Attack: dagger +24 1d4+10 [+2d6 SA]
Full attack: Two daggers +24/+24/+19/+19 1d4+10 [+2d6 SA]

Special: Discipline focus (Shadow hand), Quick to act +3, AC bonus, Insightful strikes (Desert wind, Tiger claw), Defensive stance (Shadow hand), shifting 1/d, Claws of the beast, Superior two-weapon fighting, Tiger claw sinergy (stance), Evasion, Power resistance 19, Darkvision 60ft, Naturally psionic (2 PP), Psi-like abilities (3/D Catfall, concussion blast, Psionic daze, Inertial armor, 1/D Psionic plane shift. ML 7, DC 11+lvl)

Readied manouvers: Searing blade, Flashing sun, Dancing mongose, Pouncing charge, Cloak of deception, Shadow blink, Counter charge, Scorpion parry.
Non-readied manouvers: Death mark, Fan the flames, Zephyr's dance, Burning blade, Drain vitality, Shadow jaunt, Shadow stride, Mountain hammer, Wolf fang strike, Sudden leap.
Active stance: Assassin's stance
Non-active stances: Child of shadow, Blood in the water, Wolverine stance

Equipment:
2x +1 Martial discipline (Shadow hand) daggers
Celestial armor
Gloves of Dex +4
Amulet of Wis +2
Belt of Con +2
Cloak of resistance +2

leegi0n
2012-11-16, 12:28 PM
I don't want to fiddle with that until we have an idea of what sources you're using, what optimization level you're aiming for and all that).

Source is wide open. Here's why: I don't even know at this point (though I know better than to assume) if the PCs are actually going to fight these things. If they do, which very well COULD happen, I need to have something on paper so I won't get caught with my pants down. LVL15 is the biggest thing here and as much "flavor" as can be achieved with that.

Githzerai (Psionic) Swordsage 8 / Broodclaw master 2 / Swordsage +4 [ECL 16, CR 15]

This actually looks really good for the brawlers. Thank you.

docnessuno
2012-11-16, 12:51 PM
Githzerai (Psionic) Decisive strike Monk 4 / Fighter 1 / War Mind 10 [ECL 17, CR 16]

Str: 22 (15 base +4 item +3 level )
Dex: 22 (14 base +2 +6 racial)
Con: 16 (14 base +2 item)
Int: 10 (12 base -2 racial)
Wis: 18 (14 base +2 racial +2 item)
Cha: 10 (10 base)

HP: 118 (8+3d8+10d10+42)
Ini: +6 (+6 dex)
AC: 25 (+6 Dex +4 Wis, +3 AC bonus, +2 shiels), To: 23, FF: 12
For / Ref / Wil: +18 / +19 / +13 (+2 resistance)
BAB / Gra: +14 / +20

Feats: Knowledge devotion, Improved unarmed strike, Monastic training (War mind) Tashalatora, Combat reflexes, Improved natural attack (Unarmed strike), Superior unarmed strike, Weapon focus (Unarmed strike), Robilar's Gambit, Praticed manifester (War mind)

Skill ranks: Autohypnosis 5, Concentra*tion 10, Knowledge (psionics) 10, Knowledge (history) 5, Knowledge (planes) 5, Psicraft 5.

Attack: Unarmed strike +24 4d8+9
Full attack: Decisive strike +24/+24 8d8+18 [Must target different opponents]

Special: Greater decisive strike, AC bonus +3, Evasion, Still mind, Ki strike (magic) Slow fall (20 ft), Unarmed damage 4d8, 3/D Chain of personal superiority +4, 3/D Chain of defensive posture +4, Enduring body (DR 3/—), Sweeping strikes, 1/D Chain of overwhelming force (10d6), Power resistance 20, Darkvision 60ft, Naturally psionic (2 PP), Psi-like abilities (3/D Catfall, concussion blast, Psionic daze, Inertial armor, 1/D Psionic plane shift. ML 7, DC 10+lvl)

PPs: 72
ML: 14
Powers known: Expansion, Vigor, Hustle, Mental Barrier, Steadfast Perception, Perfect Riposte

Equipment:
Amulet of mighty fists +3
Cloak of resistance +2
Gloves of Str +4
Bracers of Dex +2
Headband of Wis +2
Boots of Con +2
Monk's belt
Ring of force shield