PDA

View Full Version : How to become a True Dragon

hirojinbrodie
2012-11-16, 12:31 PM
Ok, so I have a character who is a dragon shaman, but whose true desire is to not just to take on the characteristics of a dragon, but to actually become a full blooded one. Any suggestions on how this should be accomplished? I have tried looking and the information on such a subject is sparse. Mind you, I am looking for true dragon, not half.

Arcanist
2012-11-16, 12:34 PM
Have you talked to your DM? Might be able to make an Incantation that serves this purpose...

Slipperychicken
2012-11-16, 12:40 PM
True Mind Switch (Psion 9) might be able to pull it off by shuffling your brain into a Dragon's body.

Maybe a Wish spell could pull it off... although doing so is dangerous. :smallamused:

hirojinbrodie
2012-11-16, 12:48 PM
I have spoken to my DM, but he is one of those who likes to keep stuff to himself...mostly. I as a DM spend as much time working with players as I can, so that their characters can truly experience their full potential in terms of role play. I considered a wish spell, but I am not wishing to wait until that level to get the wizard to cast it.
The psionic idea is interesting. I could mention it to my DM, as we actually have a psion in the group.
If I do manage to do it, I will also need the rules for continuing to level after such a transformation.
Any more ideas on how I could make it work? Also any information on the rules concerning leveling up as a dragon would be appreciated.

Tvtyrant
2012-11-16, 12:48 PM
First become a Dragonwrought Kobold. This makes you a dragon. Now take a level of Factotum, and pump UMD and UPD. Get two scrolls of Polymorph any Object and use them to become a true dragon. You are now permanently a True Dragon!

Arcanist
2012-11-16, 12:51 PM
First become a Dragonwrought Kobold. This makes you a dragon. Now take a level of Factotum, and pump UMD and UPD. Get two scrolls of Polymorph any Object and use them to become a true dragon. You are now permanently a True Dragon!

That works as well... Polymorph into a Dragon and then use PaO into True Dragon forever. Good day.

True Mind Switch (Psion 9) might be able to pull it off by shuffling your brain into a Dragon's body.

Better idea. UPD a Dorje of Mind Swap, UPD a Dorje of Astral Seed while as a Dragon, wait for Mind Swap to end, Kill yourself. UPD a Dorje of Psychic Chirurgery. Laugh for days...

hirojinbrodie
2012-11-16, 12:52 PM
I like the idea. Unfortunately my character has three weaknesses.
1) he is human
2) he is a dragon shaman (no spell casting)
3) he is a idiot (8 int)
Don't get me wrong, I love my character. But, I will have to find ideas to make it happen outside of my characters own abilities.

hirojinbrodie
2012-11-16, 12:55 PM
Issue with polymorph is that you simply take on the form of a dragon, with a maximum hd of 15. My character wants to literally be a dragon, and grow as a dragon. So in the end I have to truly become one. At least, that is what my character wants, though he would likely be to stupid to tell the difference.

Arcanist
2012-11-16, 01:01 PM
Issue with polymorph is that you simply take on the form of a dragon, with a maximum hd of 15. My character wants to literally be a dragon, and grow as a dragon. So in the end I have to truly become one. At least, that is what my character wants, though he would likely be to stupid to tell the difference.

You're just using Polymorph to get closer to the Dragon Family for the permanent factor. You now cast PaO to permanently change yourself into a Dragon.

Human > Red Dragon Wyrmling (polymorphed for 1 minute) > Red Dragon Wyrmling (Polymorphed forever) now consult Dragon PC rules in the Dragonomicon.

hirojinbrodie
2012-11-16, 01:43 PM
I see. That should work. Now it is just a matter of getting the red wizard to think of it, since there is no way in hell my character would think of it. Come to think of it, I might have a favor to call in for becoming a champion to a God. Somehow I managed that one.
I don't know. Why is a class called dragon shaman produce so many abilities that miss the point. Wings at 19th lvl? Draconic not a included language? No knowledge arcana? That's just silly. Don't get me wrong, I love the class. Just seems like it should offer the ability to turn into a dragon at some point, considering they practically worship them.

Slipperychicken
2012-11-16, 02:46 PM
I don't know. Why is a class called dragon shaman produce so many abilities that miss the point. Wings at 19th lvl? Draconic not a included language? No knowledge arcana? That's just silly. Don't get me wrong, I love the class. Just seems like it should offer the ability to turn into a dragon at some point, considering they practically worship them.

It's kind of like the running gag about Favored Souls lacking Knowledge: (Religion).

Just ask the Wizard "Hey, is there a way to permanently turn me into a dragon?". At which point he'll say "Polymorph Any Object, you dumbasss". Get it cast on yourself twice and you're golden (Duration is permanent rather than instantaneous so dispelling is an issue).

But I'd go with the God-favor option (because come on. You're his champion and he has Alter Reality at will. This isn't hard), since it's a lot less sketchy than 2x PaO. Figure out some rules-workable way to be a dragon and just get the God to do it. Maybe go on a special dragon-themed quest first, like defeating a slayer of dragons or something.

toapat
2012-11-16, 03:02 PM
It's kind of like the running gag about Favored Souls lacking Knowledge: (Religion).

Both of which they Errata'd so they do get their respective Knowledges.

ya, the "not being a Dragonwrought Kobold" is a huge problem. PaO or Altar Reality should be in order then