PDA

View Full Version : IC-3.5 Something Something Something Zombie Outbreak

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-16, 06:51 PM
You awake on a roughly carved stone floor, the foul smell of filth somewhere nearby. A quick shiver runs down your back, before you realize you're completely naked. This of course makes you sit up suddenly as you try to gain, your bearing. Hitting your head on the low wall, you come to realize you are in a prison cell designed to hold small sized creatures, along with your companions. Three stone walls and a wall of bars are all that surrounds you, keeping you in place.

Memories quickly begin to flash back. You were sent here for... something that seemed important but isn't anymore. Kobolds and a draconic beast overwhelmed you all. You thought you died, but apparently the kobolds wanted you and your friends alive.

Looking out the barred wall, you see two other prison cells, also filled with naked non-kobolds. In the center of the room that connects the three cells, there is a brazier that is barely producing light. Whatever was in it has almost burned out, leaving the room and cells dark and shadowy. On the only side of the room without a cell is a small door made of thick wood. There appears to be no guard at the moment.

Ellisande
2012-11-16, 11:48 PM
Valira Avadur

Valira's hands rub her bruised head, then quickly move to cover other exposed parts as she realizes that she's not alone. After scanning the room with her sharp elven eyes, she scoots as modestly as she can to the cell bars, surveying how they're closed.

I assume they're locked? If so, and if she can find anything short to use as lockpicks, she'll make an attempt to pick them. Should there be no trap and she can take 20, she'll have a 23 total (including a penalty for improvised tools).

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-16, 11:59 PM
Yes, there is a lock to be picked that would allow the bars to be opened. However at this time Valira does not have anything to use as a improvised lockpick.

Abemad
2012-11-18, 06:09 AM
Anna wakes with a groan. Upon seeing her surroundings, she lets out another groan... Quickly, she checks on her companions, easing their pains as best she can.

I'll cast cure minor wounds on those of omega team who checks in, if they seem hurt. If it isn't serious, I'll save it for when it is.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-18, 01:41 PM
Everyone is at 75% hp. Whatever spells you didn't use, you still have. If you're a spontaneous caster you can fully regain your spells if you meditate for the required amount of time.

JKTrickster
2012-11-22, 12:57 AM
Dmitry groaned as he woke up in the prison cell. He obviously sees other people walking around, some awake and barely alive while others were moving to help others. Trying his best to get up, he managed to prop himself against a wall.

Taking a deep breath, he laughed. "Well, ain't this something?"

ybot
2012-11-23, 02:42 PM
Isark sits up and rubs his head. He tries to remember what happened as he looks around at the others.

I thought I posted this earlier but I guess I forgot.

Korney
2012-11-23, 04:51 PM
Carn wakes up surprised "Ain't we dead already?"

He checks his body looking for missing limbs and tries to get his eyes used to the darkness.
He them tries to speak but only a growl comes out "F....ck."

Ellisande
2012-11-24, 08:10 PM
Valira Avadur

The elf shifts her gaze back to her own cage. "Isark! You're awake as well. Do you have any idea what happened? Are you hurt?"

She moves her arm slightly, gesturing outside their cage, before returning it to a covering position. "There's others out there, in other cages. We must've all been captured."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-25, 10:58 AM
The exit door opens, and a kobold quickly staggers inside, pushing the door shut behind him was haste. Dropping the spear in his hand, he leans against the door for a moment trying desperately to catch his breath. Either he has been running for a long time, or he is greatly out of shape, as he pants for several moments.

Finally he looks up, inspecting all the cells from the door. It gives a opportunity for those with low light vision/darkvision to see his face, and it does not look well. His eyes are sunken and dark, his scales dull and sickly, his armor barely hangs on him because it is so loose, and he has a minor deranged look on his face. "Blasted mammals..." He mutters in draconic, before bending over and hacking vigoriously for a moment. For those who can make out his face, you come to realize he has just coughed up a great deal of blood.

JKTrickster
2012-11-25, 02:17 PM
Dmitry stood and up and approached the cell door when the kobold appeared. He wanted to wring his hands around that scaly neck. But his eyes widened when he realized that he didn't need to. Something bad had happened - and he wasn't sure if it was for his benefit.

"T-that's blood!" he gasped. Turning to the others, he wasn't sure of what else to say. Any hatred he had for the little guy was gone now.

Ellisande
2012-11-26, 02:50 AM
Valira Avadur

Valira's heart doesn't go out to the kobold quite as much as the wizard's did. After all, they'd been fighting not long ago... and he was, after all, just a lizard. But, lesser being though he might be, the kobold did have her caged--and, perhaps, the power to let her out. Struggling to keep her voice more sympathetic than mocking, she asks softly in Draconic, "Run into difficulties, have you?"

Not that Valira herself has any idea that the other caged fellow is a wizard, let alone what he's thinking.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-27, 02:18 AM
The kobold groans as he looks at his hands, wiping them on his side for a moment before turning to Dmitry. He seems very ill, but it's clear he's trying to hide it.
He speaks slowly in common. "It's nothing I can't handle mammal. But I will make you a deal. Tell me why you people attacked us, and I will let you go. Considering we have spared your lives, that's quite gracious of my kind."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-01, 06:55 PM
"Sooo... no one wants to talk? Then starve to death for all I care. I very well be the last kobold you see mammals" He yells, angry at everyone's lack of cooperation. This of course forces him into a fit of coughs that forces him to bend over as he spits more blood on the ground.

Ellisande
2012-12-06, 11:30 AM
Valira Avadur

Valira halfway hoped that it was true, that he would be the last kobold she ever saw on this horrible journey through barbaric lands. But imprisonment in this cage didn't appeal to her, and this gasping lizard was making an offer to let them free.

"I'll talk, if you're opening the floor. The human priests sent us." It didn't occur to her to wonder if the kobolds drew any distinction between human and elf, nor if the other cages boasted other motives. "They say your tunnels connected to the dragon's hoard, and we were heading there."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-08, 05:05 AM
He nods at the comment. "Aye, the snake's path as we call it. I-" He coughs again, harder. Blood is everywhere at this point. "My time is about over. I will be frank. I asked because I have something I want you to do." He coughs again.

"Disease has struck my people. We would have blamed your kind, had it not appeared before you did. It does... things to our minds. It first appeared within the first floor. So we quarantined the women and children on the fourth floor to keep them safe while we sort through the disease. But now it appears we have all been affected."

He falls over, holding his sides. When he can continue, he adds "So... that is what I want. I free you people. You make your way to the fourth floor and unlock them so they don't starve to death. You can help yourself to the equipment room across the hall. Do you accept?"

If you do, he tosses you the key ring. It has a decent amount of blood on it.

Ellisande
2012-12-11, 03:36 AM
Valira Avadur

Valira gives a single nod, certain she agreed. "The fourth floor. And the disease is on the first. What floor are we on now?" Truth be told, Valira was far more certain that this was a way out than that she cared enough to rescue the other lizards, but she was eager for the keys. "And how do we get to the surface once they're freed?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-12, 04:31 AM
With all the talking hid did, he begins hacking and coughing even heavier. It takes several moments for him to even stop.
"It is almost here..." He murmurs, before turning back towards Valira. His eyes blink for a moment as he tries to recall what she had just asked him. "Yes, second floor." He begins drawing a line on the ground with his own blood. It starts out, takes a sharp left, goes about a foot, turns right, and then turns left again. He draws a circle there. "Elevator. Others will show you way out"
One more he begins coughing.

Ellisande
2012-12-16, 12:42 AM
Valira Avadur

Valira nods slightly, not sure she understands the directions. But she doesn't wait for the kobold to ask again, deftly unlocking the cage doors with the proffered key. Tossing the key towards the residents of another cage, she scurries to the equipment closet, trying vainly to preserve her modesty.

Anyone still in the other cage? Maybe?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-19, 10:06 PM
We seem to have lost everyone. I tried to get korney to come back, but he refused. I've been delaying in hopes we get another response, but everyone seems to have run off. I'm okay to keep going if you're okay with that. In addition you can make any character changes you want. (But if we continue, the zombies clearly can't be undead because that just wouldn't be fair to you.) Your call.

Ellisande
2012-12-22, 05:53 PM
Well, I'm up for giving it a shot. I'll leave it up to you how and how nasty the zombies/"zombies" are.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-23, 02:38 AM
Opening her Cell, Valira looks around the other cells and is surprised that she finds no one there. Which is odd, because she could have sworn she heard others. Opening the thick metal door using the key, she enters into a dark hallway. She see's no one, but hears a faint shuffling sound not far away. Hurrying, she darts across the hallway and opens the metal door at the other side with the key. Pushing her way in, she had now entered the equipment storage locker.

Immediatly catching her eye is a metal shelf with ten glowing liquids in glass flasks, each one giving off a faint illumination. On the shelf bellow is a collection of books, and below that three scroll cases.

Attached to holders all over the wall are weapons of various kinds and make, but each on made for small creature. For the most part at least. After some looking, Valira is able to spot her shortbow and rapier. In a large wooden closet is various suits of light armor, once again all sized for small creatures. However she does manage to find a black cloak in the side, the first piece of clothing she's found so far.

Finally there is a small chest with various mundane items contained within. Theives Tools. A small mirror. Flint & Steel. Several Spell Component Pouches. A Tanglefoot bag. Several Belt Pouches. A smokestick. A silver ring. A leather belt. And a gold amulet.

Ellisande
2012-12-24, 02:14 PM
Valira Avadur

Valira wraps the cloak tightly around herself, wondering once again how she'd gotten herself into this situation. She hastily gathered her own possessions, though she found herself at a loss as to how she would carry them.

But then again, hadn't the dying kobold as much as given her permission to take what she needed? And even if not, the little lizards had probably stolen all this gear anyway. She stuffed the belt pouches with the contents of the chest, the last echoes of nagging guilt swept away by the feelings of ridiculousness at her appearance as she strapped on the belt and ornamented herself with ring and amulet. "Mother would have a fit if she saw me mixing gold and silver like this." Valira opined quietly to herself.

Finally she turned her attention to the shelves, the scrolls, books, and potions, halfway glad for all the interminable hours her tutors had forced her to study the arcane tongue of Draconic. She shuffled through each bin, taking each item she could recognize.

If useful, she'll use Detect Magic to help figure out what each item does, though her Spellcraft may not be high enough to make that a useful technique.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-01, 02:23 AM
Cloak [roll0]
Ring [roll1]
Amulet [roll2]
Belt [roll3]

Valira can determine that the belt is a healing belt. In addition, she cannot determine the exact effects of the cloak but it grows to her size as soon as she puts it on, and she immediately feels more vigorous.

The scrolls are all magical in nature, but she will need a read magic or decipher script to determine what they do. Most of the potions are labeled in draconic. 4 cure light wounds. 1 cure moderate wounds. 1 lesser restoration. 1 Jump. 1 spider climb. 1 Barkskin. The last one is unlabeled.

As she begins to finish up, she hears a scratching sound at the other side of the door.

Ellisande
2013-01-03, 01:00 AM
Valira Avadur

With a worried glance over her shoulder, Valira sweeps the potions into a pouch. She reluctantly abandons the illegible scrolls and steps to the door.

Valira reaches for the doorknob and takes a deep breath. Steeling herself, she flings it open and takes a long stride back, surveying what lurks on the far side.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-03, 09:10 PM
Before her stands the Kobold who she had just spoken with. Yet blood has spilled down his front from his mouth, he no longer holds his weapon, and a crazed look has filled his eyes. With a hiss, he lunges at Valira.

Kobold [roll0]
Valira [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-03, 09:12 PM
Pushing the door back on her, the kobold bites at her leg.

Bite attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Thankfully her elven reflexes jump back with plenty of time, leaving the crazed little creature gnawing on the door for a moment.

Ellisande
2013-01-07, 10:49 AM
Valira Avadur

Valira's eyes go wide. "What happened to you?" She leaves off the slightly ruder, 'I thought you were dead.', instead adding, "You look worse than I imagined."

She pulls her rapier from its sheath, ready to slash the kobold should it advance.

Since I suspect he will, a readied action:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-09, 02:15 AM
Having already been attacked, as the kobold misses her Valira stabs at the kobold. The blade grazes the creatures neck as he gnaws at the door, but does nothing to stop him as he once again refocuses his attention on her. Blood foaming from the mouth, his eyes have grown dark with sickness, and no signs of sentience remain. All that can be seen is rage.

The creature bites at her once more, horribly missing as it gnaws at where her cloak was a moment ago.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ellisande
2013-01-11, 01:44 AM
Valira Avadur

Her eyes wide and her heartbeat quick, Valira swings wildly back at the crazed creature.

To Hit: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-11, 02:09 AM
Striking at the creature, her blow misses from her wild swing. The close quarters is not a area she is used to be fighting inside. The kobold leaps into the air, attempting to tackle her. Valira gains a AoO as the kobold attempts to grapple her.

Touch Attack [roll0]
Grapple Check [roll1]
Wildly missing, the kobold crashes into the shelf that she just emptied. It is her attack.

Ellisande
2013-01-12, 04:00 PM
Valira Avadur

You're waiting on me for the AoO, right?

AoO: [roll0]

Her next action is below.

Valira spins to face the now-entangled creature. Before she can aim another strike at it, she realizes that it had failed to open the door on the way in; whatever the disease was, it seemed to make the kobolds even more animalistic than they'd been before.

Swiftly, she steps back through the storeroom door, pulling it shut behind her. As she catches her breath, she surveys the hallway, her ears peeled for anything else approaching.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-12, 05:55 PM
The creature is caught off guard, and Valira slides out of the room before slamming the door shut. She can hear the hiss and banging from it on the other side of the door, but it doesn't appear to be able to open doors.

Listening carefully, Valira doesn't hear anything in either direction. But the creature on the other side of the door is making so much noise, it's not a surprise.

Ellisande
2013-01-12, 08:12 PM
Valira Avadur

Well, if the formerly lucid Kobold was to be believed, more of like him were about. Valira sheathes her sword and notches an arrow to her bow before proceeding. "He said there was an elevator this way," she murmurs quietly to herself as she sets off.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-13, 02:58 AM
Moving about 50 feet down the corridor, she quickly finds that these passages are very dark and have no lighting. The little buggers can see in the dark, a luxury she doesn't have. If she continues on like this, she is just as likely to walk right into one of them, or worse walk past the elevator.

Ellisande
2013-01-14, 09:32 PM
Valira Avadur

Valira retreats to the dim light near the storeroom, producing a torch and lighting it, before continuing down the hallway.

If her torches weren't in the storeroom with the rest of her kit, she'll see about taking one from a wall sconce--that's where the light is coming from, no?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-15, 01:31 PM
The kobolds have almost no light sources anywhere. However there were two sunrods in the equipment room now that you mention it. The light in the equipment room was from the glow of the potions. In the holding cells room, there was a brazier with a dim glowing blue light that easily could be stolen. No torches however.

Moving an addition 50 ft down the tunnel, she comes to a metal door. From this side it appears to be heavily barricaded with steel support rods.

Ellisande
2013-01-16, 09:43 PM
Valira Avadur

Valira presses her ear to the barricaded door, straining to hear whatever might be on the far side.

Listen: [roll0]

If she doesn't hear anything, she interprets this as the elevator and starts removing at least a little of the barricade, to get past.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-18, 01:57 AM
She hear's movement in the next room. There's at least two creatures.

Ellisande
2013-01-18, 12:58 PM
Hmmm. All right, a clarification question: Does the hall dead-end into this door, or might there be something else further on?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-18, 01:33 PM
The hall does indeed dead end at this door, however from the holding cells you could have gone in a opposite direction.

Ellisande
2013-01-18, 02:38 PM
Valira Avadur

"Hmmm." Valira surveys the barricade, then begins prying some of the higher boards off of it. Perhaps she can make a small slit, either to survey the inside of the next chamber or shoot her bow into it in safety.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-18, 05:21 PM
With all the boards off, it would be quite easy to shoot through a cracked door. The creatures on the other side may be more likely to push the door open however.

Behind the door she sees nothing but darkness (assuming she doesn't shine her light into the room).

Ellisande
2013-01-23, 01:43 AM
Valira Avadur

Valira suspects anything inside can see in the dark, and has already gotten a good look at her--the Kobolds can, after all--and dares to raise her lanterns to shine through the small gap for her own vision's benefit.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-23, 01:32 PM
Inside Valira notices two kobolds who appeared to be mindlessly shuffling around the room. The addition of light, however, gets their attention quite nicely. They both rush the door, trying to push it open.

From her position, Valira can see two more doors in the next room.

Their strength+size modifier+they are charging the door+there is two of them.
Bullrush [roll0]

Assuming Valira can beat a 3, the two slam into the metal door and bounce back without it giving. Their failure gives her plenty of time to shut the door.

Ellisande
2013-01-26, 11:01 AM
Valira Avadur

That means make a STR check, right?

[roll0]

Not getting a good look at their eyes or seeing blood from their mouths, Valira calls out a quick test for the two kobolds as she slams the door. Using her hard-won Draconic, she barks a challenge. "Get back, you diseased bastards!"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-27, 08:53 PM
Both kobolds seems to only grunt at her, not showing any sign of mental recognition. Unless she immediately closes the door, they will once more attempt to smash the door open.

Bull Rush [roll0] (you did indeed roll correctly). Without the charge into the door, their force is slightly lessened however.

Ellisande
2013-02-01, 01:38 AM
Valira Avadur

Valira quickly shuts the door. The one creature in the storeroom was foe enough, and two might be more than she could handle. "On second thought, let's see if there's a way out the other direction," she murmurs, setting out in the other direction.

Valira will scout out the hall away from the elevator, hoping to find a promising path.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-01, 03:34 PM
Following the hallway backwards, she passes the storage locker and the cell blocks. Valira is quick to notice her friend in the storage locker seems to have settled down and is no longer banging on the door.

Fifty feet further, she comes to a end of the hall. The hall opens into a small circular room. In the center of this room there are 10 levers, and 4 cranks. Steel chains runs from holes in the ground to holes in the ceiling on the walls. In addition, there are 3 medium sized steel doors with no door handles. Each door appears to have a small viewing slot built into it, all 3 ft off the floor. All three slots appear to be closed at the moment, but opening them appear to be very simple.

Ellisande
2013-02-07, 04:24 PM
Valira Avadur

Valira eyes the storeroom door, wondering if the creature still lurks inside. Or has the disease taken its toll? After a moment, though, she decides that discretion is the better part of valour, and continues on to find the chamber with levers and cranks.

As she takes in the room, she opens each of the viewports, wondering what would be on the other side. Finally she inspects the mechanisms, hoping that they are safe.

She means to figure out what they do, but a trap check may be in order as well...
Search:[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-08, 03:55 AM
The mechanisms open the doors, she's sure of that much. But Valira also suspects they do other things as well. What exactly is out of her area of expertise.

From the left to the right, they are all cells. Each cell is circular in shape, 10 ft in diameter, and cloaked in darkness. Which is obviously negated by her light source.

The first contains a male green skinned goblin, tied in a straight jacket. Slightly bigger than most goblins, he appears to be quite strong looking despite his small size. He hangs horizontally, roughly 5 feet off the ground. When the light enters his cell, he springs to life struggling against the jacket. As he turns, Valira see's a crazed look upon his face. It frightens her a tad.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/168/7/1/Green_Goblin_colors_by_aladecuervo.jpg

The second cell contains a large muscular male orc, who is sleeping on a bed attached to the wall. Adorned along side the walls are various axes and exotic looking short blades, all shined and well kept. Behind the weapons, a beautiful mural of mountains and sunlight. The orc doesn't appear to be tied down in any way.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/077/6/6/Orc_by_Dajotoy.jpg

The final cell contains only a human female. She is hardly clothed, and seems quite pale/sickly. Both arms are shackled to chains that connect to the wall. In addition, a leather mask has been put over her face so that only her eyes are visible. She looks calmly at the source of the light, interested in you just as much as you are in her.
http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/albamuzzler2.jpg

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-23, 01:55 AM
did I lose you?

Ellisande
2013-03-04, 10:53 AM
Everybody lost me for the past week or so! Hopefully, you're still there.

Valira Avadur

Valira looks from one chamber to the next, nervous about the crazed characters she sees in each room, suspecting them to be more than a match for her. She quietly shuts each peephole.

Finally she reached the third chamber. "And who might you be?" Valira asks, or perhaps thinks out loud. What had this person done to be bound so? As she assesses the situation, she tries the door, despite knowing academically she needs to find the right lever.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-18, 05:40 PM
The girl speaks common with a sophisticated accent, one used most by nobles and elves. "Ah yes... finally a sentient person. It would appear my captors have lost any semblance of logical thinking and reasoning, having devolved into something akin to mindless beasts."
She dips her head and moves slightly, in a manor, as she tries to bow despite her chained confinement.
"Abigale Thompson at you service"

To no surprise of Valira, the door cannot be opened manually without more strength than she possess.

You did indeed lose me. It had been over a month since you posted, so I deleted the subscription. I just happen to come across it today. Very likely, I have now lost you.

Ellisande
2013-03-20, 09:00 AM
I've been checking back every few days, though I feared that was what happened.

Valira Avadur

Valira is immediately put at ease by the familiar accent. "Call me Valira. How did you end up here? You're rather out of place next to those two." She gestures towards the first two cells with her head. As she talks, she looks up, trying to figure out which lever will open Abigale's cell... and not the ones with the orcs and goblins!

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-20, 11:52 AM
Of what you can see of her face, she appears to be smiling through the face mask. "Well I'm afraid I can't say with any certainty what particular composition my fellows in the adjacent cells hold. But if I had to guess then I would wager with a certain degree of confidence that one is an orc. The one on the far end... sounds like a goblin with a bit of assumption, but I'm afraid that's not much of a language that I've studied in the past. Not to mention, he speaks it much like a rabid dog would speak wolf. So I suppose the three of us have a degree of differences in our appearance and mannerisms. But the common element that is shared among us is that we all were taken by surprise by kobold ingenuity, overwhelmed, and now find ourselves half starved and unfairly imprisoned against our wills."

A knowledge (engineering) check, which can be made untrained, is required to operate the levers.

Ellisande
2013-03-22, 10:26 AM
Valira Avadur

"Perhaps taken against his will, but your orcish comrade appears well equipped and hardly starved. Any idea what the kobolds intended to do with him? Or you? How long has it been?" She listens idly to the answers while studying the mechanisms.

Knowledge: Engineering, untrained: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-22, 01:26 PM
"Like any dog in a cage, after a while they start to do what they're told when they want a treat. No doubt just another layer of defenses for the Kobolds."

Valira manages to determine the right sequence of levers, and the metal door slides upwards.

Ellisande
2013-03-25, 11:06 PM
Valira Avadur

"Must be." Valira isn't comfortable with that answer, but isn't interested in belabouring the point. She steps into the cell and takes a look and the manacles that restrain Abigaile. "Do you know the way out of here? Or perhaps to the lifts? Supposedly there are some uncrazed koboldlings down there who could guide us out."

Open Lock, if needbe: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-26, 02:19 AM
She shrugs "I'm afraid I've never been on any level other than the first and second level. So I have no idea, but these cells lift to those levels with the controls. I don't have a clue how though. Of you get it wrong, they supposedly explode though. I could help protect you though if you wanted to try and make your way there though."

Ellisande
2013-03-27, 10:15 AM
Valira Avadur

"Supposedly explode? That sounds like an intimidating lie." But they were kobolds; who knows how they thought? "But I haven't got these levers figured out well enough to tell. I think there's a second--safer--lift back the other way, but we may have to go through a few of the mindless, sick ones to get there. Up for it? We should probably find you a weapon en route anyway..."

Assuming that this is the end of the hall this way, and Abigaile is on board, Valira will lead Abigaile back to the storeroom.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-28, 12:52 AM
She eagerly awaits as Valira slowly unpicks the lock. A uneasy smile on her face.

When her hands are free, she rubs her wrists. There appears to be no chaffing however. "You will be quite pleased to know that my prowess in unarmed combat is rather deadly. So as such, I do not require dependance on a weapon. What are your intentions of the orc and goblin? Do you plan to leave them to the fate of starvation?"

Ellisande
2013-03-29, 02:36 PM
Valira Avadur

Truth be told, Valira hadn't given much thought at all to the other denizens of the prison, but she spoke the simple--if somewhat bigoted--truth. "I fear they may not be quite so friendly as you seem to be. Take a look for yourself." Valira gestured towards the viewing flaps. "Do you think it safe to unchain them?"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-01, 02:08 PM
Removing the mask from her face, Abigale's pale face smiles as she rubs her jaw bones with her hand. It is clear she has been wearing the mask for some time.
"Well let me speak with the orc at the very least." Moving over to the door, she begins talking in orc. The orc responds briefly in orc, and then once more she speaks quite a bit. When she finishes, the orc says a great deal and then stands up. Taking an axe from his wall, he looks back at the door waiting for it to open.
"He claims that he is honor bound to serve the kobolds until they free him. However if they are all mindless beasts, he is no longer bound to them. In exchange for freeing him, he will agree to keep you safe until we are out of the kobold city."

Ellisande
2013-04-02, 09:39 AM
Valira Avadur

"You trust him?" Valira's mind works quickly, knowing that the sane kobolds might be their only way out of the tunnels. "And if we do meet his surviving captors, he will allow us to leave peacefully?"

As Abigaile answers, Valira finds the lever for the orc's cell, and pulls it in accordance with her response.

If a second check is needed:
Knowledge: Engineering (untrained): [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-02, 02:59 PM
She speaks a bit more with the orc, translating your questions. He responds with long grunts of orc, and pointing at Abigale. When done, she turns back and adds "He claims he has no desire to hurt anyone who doesn't wish him harm. He only protected the kobolds due to the honor of his word, and extends such to you. Even if we found sentient kobolds, and they ordered him to harm you, he would not. Because his word is only to serve as protection. If you are no threat to them, he wouldn't be inclined to cause you harm."

Valira's meddling with the levers opens the cell door of the goblin. Still chained and hanging from the ceiling, he begins trying to swing himself out the door.

Ellisande
2013-04-09, 01:23 AM
Valira Avadur

"All right," Valira agrees skeptically. "A creature of his stature would be useful, after all." As she tries the lever again, she queries, "But surely you don't think the same of this goblin fellow..."

Valira tries again to open the orc's cell.
Knowledge: Engineering: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-09, 01:38 AM
Her grasp of the system appears to be slipping, and she watches in frustration as the orc's cell begins to raise upwards. He grunts in confusion.

"Well this is a less than delightful turn of events. Would it be astute of me to assume you would gladly accept a degree of aid?"

"As for the goblin, I can kill him if you like. I certainly didn't anticipate his confines being reduced, but we both can agree his levels of madness would be detrimental to our plans of escape."

If you make any more checks, you now receive a +2 from her aiding you.

Ellisande
2013-04-09, 10:17 AM
Valira Avadur

"The kobolds may be vile, but they are devious. If you understand the mechanism better than I, feel free to say so." Valira continues her work at the levers, saying nothing about the goblin--as nervous as she is about the danger he poses, she isn't sure she has the stomach for killing a bound person. Even a goblin.

Well, one more try on the levers...
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-10, 12:37 AM
She shakes her head, not really sure what's she's doing any more than Valira. Once more they try to trace the device to the chains to the levers. With this pull the goblin's whole chamber begins to rise as well.
"Well I suppose that's one way to get rid of him."

Ellisande
2013-04-10, 04:48 PM
Valira Avadur

Valira is rather more relieved by the goblin's untimely departure than she lets on. She gives a long hard look at the orc's cell. "Smashing it open's no option, is it?" She pulls another lever.

Assuming that we haven't killed him yet... [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-10, 06:52 PM
The door finally opens. Of course, the orcs cell is currently 30 feet up and continuing, so it does no good.

Ellisande
2013-04-14, 12:15 PM
Valira Avadur

"Well..." She sighs, hoping that Abigaile doesn't mistakenly think this intentional. "Hopefully he gets out safe." Oddly enough, she even meant that good wish for the orc.

Still looking upward (and trying not to think of the goblin), she continues, "Any better ideas than getting moving?"

If there are no objections she'll lead Abigaile back toward the storeroom and elevator.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-15, 01:25 PM
With no other ideas, Abigale allows herself to be led back to the storeroom. After some explanation of what lies ahead, she says "Alright, if you don't mind I'm going to sneak ahead and have a look at the ones you encountered up ahead. Just remain here, and I won't be more than a few moments."

Ellisande
2013-04-18, 10:20 PM
Valira Avadur

"I'll be here," Valira agrees, slightly offended that Abigaile thinks her a poor scout. She backs against one wall, ears peeled for any sound.

Listen: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-18, 11:30 PM
Sneaking into the darkness, Valira is impressed by how swiftly Abigale moves. She barely is able to detect her movements as she makes her way to the metal door. Then, to her surprise, she hears it very quietly open and close.

Moment's pass, and Valira begins to wonder for the time being, but then she hears the door open once more. Abigale returns gracefully, and quietly says "I have made arrangements for the two kobold guards to meet a most gruesome accident. We can no proceed when you are ready."

Ellisande
2013-04-21, 10:57 PM
Valira Avadur

Valira's brow wrinkles slightly, uncertain what to think of her erstwhile companion, but with a quick nod, she stands. "We should be off, then." She follows Abigaile to the large door, wondering what she'll see as the door opens.

Ellisande
2013-05-01, 06:33 PM
Have you made it back, since the outage?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-05, 09:03 PM
I don't know why, but the forum crash really gave me a bad case of writers block.

As Valira opens the door, she see's nothing in the immediate area. No kobolds. No blood. Just a passage to the left and a passage straight ahead. Both dark as can be.

As Valira turns back to Abigale, she becomes aware that Abigale has just now become aware of Valira's lack of decent clothing. She can't help but stare at her... fleshy and exposed parts. It also becomes aware in her torch light, that she seems to be looking much less sickly now that she is moving about.

Ellisande
2013-05-09, 08:30 PM
Valira Avadur

Valira wraps her cloak about herself, suddenly more self-conscious than she'd been before. She waves her torch with her free hand, trying to divine anything about the two directions. Finally she shrugs slightly and moves straight on down the passage. "One seems as good as the other," she opines to Abigaile as she goes.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-09, 10:33 PM
Abigale follows quietly, not arguing. "These kobolds tend to have lots of unnecessary turns in their hallways. More options mean more opportunity to get lost if you don't know your way around."

As Valira continues down the hall, she hears movement and thinks to stop for a moment. 'Something' is clearly up ahead. But it's beyond her vision.

Ellisande
2013-05-13, 10:34 AM
Valira

"Be ready for something up ahead," Valira whispers quietly. "I cannot see what." More slowly and carefully, she steps forward.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-13, 11:51 PM
Roll stealth and perception. Unless she continues to hold the torch. Then just roll perception.

Ellisande
2013-05-15, 10:32 PM
Valira doesn't think to put down the torch--she wants to see what's out there!

Spot: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-15, 11:45 PM
Before Valira is a large store room. It's guarded by a portcullis, which has been left open. Among the store room, she see's a kobold hiding behind a barrel. It doesn't appear to be hiding to jump her, as its head is between it's knees. However it definitely appears to be one of the sickly ones she saw behind the door earlier in tattered cloths.

Ellisande
2013-05-22, 12:21 AM
Valira Avadur

Valira's eye narrow as she scans the room, hesitating to approach the cowering kobold in fear of a trap. She comfortably shifts to Draconic as she barks at him. "Weren't there two of you? Where'd your friend go? And what might you be doing there?"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-28, 08:25 PM
The creature goes from hiding behind the barrel with it's back to Valira, to spinning around and fixing it's eyes upon her. It's pale sickly scales only illuminates their yellow reptilian eyes. With it's hands now on the tip of the barrel, it's eyes surface just above them and stare. The creature takes on a appearance very much like cat about to pounce. In Draconic, it murmers "... Hungry... so hungry."

Ellisande
2013-05-31, 08:47 PM
Valira

Valira takes a step back and raises her bow as she muses, still in Draconic. "Well, you're talking, that's something. But you still look rather ill... are you one of them or not?" Not really expecting an answer, she steels herself for an attack.

Ready an action to shoot if he pounces. If needed:

To Hit: [roll0]
But no sneak attack,if he's pouncing.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-06-01, 08:32 AM
Valira nearly jumps as she suddenly realizes Abigale is standing nest to her, arms crossed and staring at the kobold. "Don't talk to the kobolds dear. They were pretty far insane before. Now they're worse."
As if the kobold understood he was being discussed, he once more lets out a quite groan. "Hunger..." He continues to stare at Valira, only taking his eyes off for a brief moment as he glances at Abigale. However he makes no leaping pounce, continuing to act as if some invisible fence existed.

Ellisande
2013-06-04, 11:00 AM
Valira Avadur

"Perhaps so," agrees Valira, "but the ones that were worse weren't talking." She thinks for a moment, scanning the storeroom for a second exit. "But I guess we don't have to get by this one, he's in a dead end." Keeping a wary eye on the growling kobold, she retrieves her torch and continues slowly down the hallway.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-06-05, 12:42 AM
Leaving the hiding kobold to whatever fate he awaits, the two return to the door they came out of and head down the hallway they haven't been down.

They go perhaps 100 ft and come to a locked gate made of solid steel bars. The bars appear to be wide enough apart that a small creature could still slip between them with little trouble. It would be a tight fit for a medium creature however.

From what she can see, the hall continues an additional 20 feet and opens up into a large dark area.

So her options are: Pick the lock, try and squeeze through the bars, or turn around (Which appears to be a dead end based on everywhere she's been).

Ellisande
2013-06-06, 10:42 PM
Valira Avadur

"Well, let us see if we can get through here," she murmurs, pulling forth a small package, awkwardly trying to preserve her modesty. With a small, sharp sliver of metal, she gets to work, one of the odd, useless skills her father insisted she learn from his courtiers. "After all, there don't seem many other ways to go."

Open Lock: [roll0]

Also, I'll be on the road for two weeks, starting Saturday (6/8). I'll post as I can, but it'll depend on the luck of the wifi.