PDA

View Full Version : Exalted 2.5 Edition IC thread (Nexus)

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-16, 11:08 PM
Alright! let's get it rolling!

Nimademe
2012-11-17, 11:11 AM
At one of the eleven gates of Nexus on a busy and windy day, a guild caravan lined up to enter through the passage. As the caravan manager spoke with the gate guard to see how much the entry fee would be for the entirety of his caravan, a young man with a tattered red cape and a two greatswords at his waist cut in line, walking past the caravans and attempting to enter through the gate.

"Hold it! There's a dinar toll to enter Nexus, what makes you think you can just barge in?"

The guard stared at the young man, seeing him as a wanderer that probably didn't have any money to his name. The young man turned to to the caravan manager and spoke with a heavy and regal tone. "Give me a dinar." The caravan manager flinched and became quiet for a moment, before tossing a silver coin at the caped youth. There was no point causing trouble with a wanderer, and a dinar to prevent any trouble or damage was worth it. The manager supposed he could have his guards take care of it, but it wasn't like the kid was asking for much.

Catching the coin in his hand without looking, he felt the weight of money in his palm and immediately passed it to the guard without another word. The guard nodded as he took the toll fee from the young man, not caring where the money came from as long as the toll was paid in full. "Good." The journey to the hub of the Scavenger Lands had been long and arduous, and he was a long distance away from Chiaroscuro.

Likewise, Karina was long way from her home. She had used some of the contacts she'd made during her time working with the Guild in order to tag along with one of the Guild caravans. She the scene ahead with a little interest. She had vaguely hoped a fight would break out; the journey to Nexus had been intensely boring.

The caravan passed through the gates. She got off, and met the caravan manager at the front. There was still the matter of paying for the journey; the Guild did nothing for free.

"Here. Exactly the amount we agreed on.". The manager nodded, waving her off as he went back to..whatever it was managers did. It wasn't like she ever payed attention to such details.

There was the small detail of what to actually do now she had arrived in Nexus. She could always see what work the Guild needed doing...

The caped youth spotted Karina and felt a weird feeling wash over him. Without having met her before in his life, he seemed to already be familiar with her in a vague sense. Tamuz had told him about what this would mean, that he had found his Solar Mate and that it was the activation of the Silver Pact. "Come." He took a greatsword and pointed it at Karina with one hand, before quickly sheathing it back at his waist.

"Hmm?" The youth was back. And seemingly trying to give her orders or something. Well, if he thought he could talk to her like that, he was wrong.

"I've no idea who you are, so if you think I'm just followin' you just because you said so, you can think again."

"You're not human." The youth said simply without moving from his spot, keeping his sight fixed on her.

"Nah, I'd like to think I'm pretty human." Still, something did feel slightly off. She couldn't place what though.

"I don't feel like chasing you." The youth gave a feeling that he wouldn't be easy to shake, he already knew what the true nature of the person in front of him entailed. "Come."

"Woah, Not what I'm hired for. I'm sure they have something here to cater to that though." Karina grinned, unable to resist making a cheap joke.

The youth looked wholly unamused, his posture still insisting for her to come to where he was standing. You think that he'd just move towards her, but it was a matter of his pride as a tyrant. He held out his open hand from a distance, inviting her to shake hands with him.

Karina raised an eyebrow. "I'm not shaking your hand until you tell me who you are and what you want. I've learned the hard way you don't agree to anything until you know what you're agreeing to."

"Helvetica of the Red Moon." He said his name with pride and a regal air, his hand still extended for her to shake with. "I want to become a tyrant." These words managed to fit his tone well despite his looks, his name and goal stated as honestly as it could be.

Karina smirked "Well, that's the first time I've heard that before. Usually they dress it up a bit" She shrugged. "Well, whatever. We should probably discuss this somewhere else. You know, not in the middle of the street."

Helvetica was still waiting for her to shake hands with him, his movement unflinching. Whether he actually heard what she said didn't show, and it didn't look like he would compromise until she shook.

She sighed, and finally shook his hand. "Can we at least discuss this somewhere where I can get a drink? Journey here was so goddamn boring."

"Last one." His grip was firm and strong, his hands smooth and unmarked despite being an obviously zealous combatant. "Your name?"

"Oh, right. Name's...eh. Let's just go with Weaver. Less hassle for both of us."

"Weaver." Helvetica repeated her name, as if trying to get his mouth accustomed to the sound of saying it.

"You will follow me to the end, and I will act as your lord." Helvetica said this without an ounce of hesitation, claiming Karina as one of his vassals. With a small smile appearing on his face as he said this, he turned and allowed his cape to flutter in the wind. "Elsewhere.

Karina rolled her eyes "You tell yourself that. Where the hell is the nearest tavern anyway?"

Grabbing a person walking on the streets by the arm and glaring at them, Helvetica asked the same question. "Where is the nearest tavern?" He waited for the person to give him proper directions before letting go, before walking forward and following the route.

Karina shrugged and followed after. If nothing else, it would be more interesting than working for the Guild, probably.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-17, 02:22 PM
Sin quietly walked through the gates of Nexus, idly tossing the toll fee to the guard as he passed by before he could ask. Taking in his surroundings with a quiet observing gaze, Sin looked through the greets of Nexus, idly trying to decide what to do.

'I can't use my essence here,' Sin thought to himself as he passed by two he tics and weaver, 'Mask has already compromised any attempt at stealth, so I need to be careful, lest I attract too much attention.'

Kell_tamer
2012-11-17, 07:51 PM
Kira pulled into the nexus port. She hadn't left the deck since boarding the ship, and was eager to set foot into a big city for the first time. On the trip she had heard stories from the crew of just how big and amazing the city was, and as she approached the awe of it all overtook her. She thanked the captain, slung her massive boomerang over her shoulder, adjusted her sword, and disembarked...

... only to be grabbed by a guard demanding payment to enter.

I'm sorry sir, I don't have any money. But I have to get in. The child looked pleadingly up at the man, not wanting to do anything rash. The guard however wasn't having any of it. "no money no entrance, you can stay out in the docks."

Kira pleaded with the man, putting on the saddest of puppy dog eyes to no avail. Dejectedly she walked away, and around some crates before deciding she had to do what was necessary to get in.

Breathing deeply of the essence within, not allowing something as mere as a wall prevent her from entry. Walls were the barriers of mortals, nothing like that would stand as a hindrance for the Chosen. She drew it in expending it out of herself she flicked her hand toward the guard, as a breeze caught the visor of his helm closing it on his face. Now making absolutely no sound that anyone could ever hear, she utilized the distraction to run toward a crate and leap upon it using it as a silent springboard over the large wall, the added height of the crate allowing her to clear it with ease. Landing with a completely silent roll and sound drawing absolutely no attention to herself. She stands up, dusts off, and proceeds to make her way deeper into the city, certain this is where she will be able to find someone able to help her.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-17, 08:27 PM
Sin continued his quiet walk as he wandered throughout the city, looking past and around the people, all figuring out what to do while he wandered. He found no corruption to be purged... yet.

Suddenly he felt something odd, something change in the currents of the wind. Something was... changing them. Using essence to hone his senses, he quickly located the source, a girl with a large skycutter on her back, drawing closer to him.

"Who are you?" he asked the girl, his face hidden beneath the hood of his cloak. Adding in a softer tone, so that nobody could hear him, "You are Exalted, are you not?"

Kell_tamer
2012-11-17, 09:25 PM
Startled, Kira took a step back from the man who was calling her out. She glanced around making sure it was her he was talking to. "You mean me?" she asked in Skytongue, pointing to herself less understanding the foreign language and more just wanting to confirm if she was the one he was talking to.

Ralasha
2012-11-17, 10:20 PM
Shieldmaiden steps out of the local market with a small smile on her face at having made certain that the necessary goods have been procured.

She immediately begins making her way to have a look at the nearby waters from the shore.

As oddly as it looks, this very large, intimidating figure is sort of hopping, skipping dancing through the crowds on her way, seemingly with about as much effort as a strong wind knocking over an old wicker chair.

As she goes she purchases an apple from a vendor and begins eating it. She purchases a second one for no immediately apparent reason, until she runs into the man questioning the girl. She then tosses the girl the apple, and stands slightly off to the side, watching the exchange, but not expecting to understand much of anything said.

Once again, it is the boomerang that gets her attention.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-17, 10:36 PM
Catching the apple and suddenly noticing the imposingly tall woman before her, Kira looks between the two. "Can either of you understand me?"

Asside from the jade boomerang and the bracers tightened around arm bandages, there isn't really anything that can distinguish this girl as one of the chosen. That said obviously a mere mortal would be struggling with the weight of the skycutter.

"Who are you? What do you want with me?" Her hand is still holding the apple. It is very clear she's not in a situation she's used to simply by body language alone.

Ralasha
2012-11-17, 10:37 PM
The unusually large woman moves closer, crouches down, and ruffles the girls hair.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-17, 10:42 PM
Kira is about to react to the hand, but it doesn't seem hostile, and the friendly nature of the gesture seems to put her at ease. her eyes turn to the hooded man. she still has no idea of his intentions. However in the spirit of being friendly, she takes the apple, pulls her sword and cuts it in half. she offers a half of the apple to him while suddenly realizing how hungry she is starts to eat her half.

Ralasha
2012-11-17, 10:48 PM
Shieldmaiden's hand darts out, catching the half of apple, and hands it back to the girl.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-17, 10:56 PM
Sin felt a stirring in his souls, this woman..

"Solar..." He growled mentally, the exaltation beginning to roil and turn. Sin shook the thoughts from his mind as he forced his emotions under control.

"Who are you?" He asked the woman in old realm. That was before he noticed the apple. Nodding thanks very briefly to the girl, he devoured it in a single bite, slipping it past the bandages beneath his hood.

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 12:31 AM
She doesn't respond, perhaps through failure to understand his words.

To the girl she says in riverspeak: "Hello child. Are you enjoying the apple?"

Her entire face seems to shine slightly from the genuine smile she shows.

((Shieldmaiden caught the apple and handed it back to the girl. I did roll dexterity+awareness. I got like... 7 sux *make that 6.))

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-18, 12:39 AM
Sin sighed in frustration before he tried again in Riverspeak.

"Who are you?"

Kell_tamer
2012-11-18, 12:40 AM
Kira doesn't seem to understand either persons words, but she understands smiles and smiles back at the woman. she still holds part of the apple to the other person, its clear she's just trying to be friendly since language isn't going to be a quickly ... well as quickly breached barrier.

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 12:45 AM
Shieldmaiden stands, and turns to face Sin. "I am Ellassah Druthden, captain of the watch, watcher of the north, keeper of the gates from the city of shield. Who are you?"

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-18, 12:55 AM
"My name was stripped away from me years ago." Sin replies, "I was given two titles, one by those who scorned me, and another from someone whom I owe everything to. I am known as Root of Sin Chained in Monochrome, or Angra Mainyu. But for the sake of convenience, you may call me Sin." The Abyssal nodded his head once in greeting.

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 12:58 AM
Shieldmaiden tilts her head slightly to one side. "I see." She then offers her hand to Kira and speaks softly "Come on, I'll get you food, a bath and something clean to wear."

If Kira takes her hand, the first place she takes her is to find some kind of meat pie. The next place is to a clothing shop, to find some clean, unassuming clothes. Then to an inn for a bath.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-18, 01:00 AM
Kira looks at the hand hesitantly for a moment, then takes it and follows figuring that in some way this woman will be able to help her. She after all looks plenty strong enough.

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 01:03 AM
Maiden does as previously posted, first seeing that Kira is properly fed. The getting clothes, getting Kira bathed, then cleanly dressed.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-18, 01:15 AM
Sin nodded at the two and left, wandering about before finding himself alone again. Focusing essence, he began to hone his senses on a whim, wanting to can his surroundings before reeling back and nearly stumbling with shock. He felt the touch of the dark essence of the void nearby. It was the presence of another Abyssal. It seemed to be coming from one of the two individuals nearby, specifically the young woman that accompanied a younger arrogant man. Resolving to keep an eye on them he quickly followed them.

'What is another Deathknight doing here?" Sin thought to himself, 'Is she a renagade? Or is she under orders?'

Kell_tamer
2012-11-18, 01:17 AM
While all this is happening, the child proceeds to pay very close attention to the womans speaking, drawing on her essence to internalize the patterns and such making learning the language take mere days instead of weeks.

kira looks at the new duds after bathing and smiles, Thank you! she says, even if the woman can't understand the language, she can easily tell by her tone that shes very appreciative.

Kira points to herself and says "Kira" figuring she can at least make sure the woman knows what to call her.

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 01:19 AM
Maiden nods with understanding, pats her chest and says "Ellassah."
Maiden reaches out and ruffles the girls hair again.

Maidens straightens up, offers the girl her hand once again, and moves about asking people in river-speak if they speak the girl's language, 'which seems to be spoken a lot around here'.

Nimademe
2012-11-18, 03:18 AM
Helvetica and Weaver of Blood Soaked Webs walked into the bustling inn, a few stares being tossed their way before Helvetica glared at them. The patrons quickly returned to their business, enjoying drink and telling a few hearty stories. "Go ahead." Weaver went towards the inn owner, while Helvetica walked back outside having sensed someone watching them earlier.

"Show yourself."

"I have no quarrel with you. Sin said, looking at the Lunar as he appeared from the shadows. "I just wish to speak with your companion, nothing more, nothing less."

"They are my vassal." Helvetica explained to the other man, not a hint of hesitation or falsehood in his voice. "Speak with me first."

Sin let out a dark hollow chuckle before exploding in laughter."Vassals? Sin asked, still laughing, "Do you think yourself as a king?!

"A tyrant." Helvetica corrected him, his face and words completely serious. "Becoming a king is below my ambition."

Sin's laughing stopped before he took on a cold expression, his body losing all signs of mirth.. "A tyrant." Sin repeated. "You wish to be a tyrant that rules the world under an iron fist. You wish to be a ruler that oppresses his people and treats those that don't kiss his feet lower than trash?" Sin's voice was cold as the Northern Wind and more sharp than the infamous bladed winds of Malfeas.

"You don't understand the concept of tyranny." Helvetica had a regal if somewhat smooth tone, having the rare chance to explain what exactly his tyranny meant. "The world is an unrealistic target, a moderate area would suffice for my rule."

"Tyranny is to take what you desire, to ensure that something is yours and belongs to nobody else. Whether that something is people or an entire land, a tyrant protects it and makes it strong under their rule."

"Many of those who would call themselves tyrants do not understand this principle, and that is what makes them fools and dullards."

"Do you understand?"

"But through what means do you seek to secure what you own?" Sin inquired, "Would you willing to destroy all whom stand in your way, your comrades, and allies to sate you desire to desire to control and claim? You would be willing to do whatever it means to claim what you believe is yours. Do you even consider your 'vassals' as allies? No, you see them as objects, as pawns that you would be willing to sacrifice to claim something as your own. They're not even people to you."

"You presume much, but understand little." Helvetica honestly didn't have much space to say this, his motivation and goals as well as his idea of tyranny crafted entirely by himself. "There is no point in gaining something if you lose something as well."

"From my point of view, sacrifice and tyranny are mutually exclusive! My desire will gain me vassals and land, and along the way not one of them will be lost by my hand."

"Then why do you use a label such as 'tyrant'?" Sin asked, Your ideas and opinions are things solely crafted for yourself, by yourself. If you are as truly noble as you say, why use a poisoned name, a poisoned term to define your goals?"

"So that I may reclaim the title for myself." Helvetica smiled and laughed for the first time in the conversation. "That is the beginning of my desire."

"Ah, I see. You wish to redefine a term using your own history and beliefs. But there comes a time when people will assume as I did when you use such a term as 'tyrant'. It is the same as 'Anathema', a single term cannot define a person, a single belief cannot define what a person should be or what they should become."

"The title of tyrant will belong solely to me, unable to be applied except to those of the same nobility." Helvetica was enjoying this conversation, a re-examination of his truths and beliefs. "When that time comes, I know that I have succeeded with my desire."

Sin nodded in acknowledgment, his opinion of the stranger steadily rising, "It is a noble goal then. But beware, you will face opposition by using that title. They will assume much as I did, and they won't be nearly as cordial as I was. I do not believe I have gotten your name. I am known as Sin."

"Let them come." He knew that the path to becoming a true tyrant wouldn't be easy, but it was the hardship of the journey that would make the reward worth it. "I am Helvetica of the Red Moon."

"Become my vassal, Sin."

"Another person has earned my loyalty. I will serve no other being. He gave me a purpose, he granted me power, he gave me a choice. I will never be able to repay the debt even if I had one thousand lifetimes. He rescued me from the Hell that is my life, and for that he will have my absolute undying loyalty. I will serve him to the end of the Void and throughout eternity. I will be your ally Hevetica, but not your vassal."

"This person sounds like a great lord." Helvetica considered his position and how he could take this other man under his wing. "Continue to serve your lord! Stand beside me and I will act as the lord of another, aid me with my desires and I will aid you with yours."

"So shall it be. Until I can proudly stand at the side of my lord, I shall aid you. But be aware, I shall work with you but not for you." Sin held out his hand to shake.

"A tyrant dictates his own terms." Helvetica had another small smile on his face, refusing to shake Sin's hand and instead holding up his own for a handshake.

Sin sighed, "Although I respect you, you're completely and utterly intolerable." he said flatly before shaking.

Helvetica laughed as he broke the handshake after they shook, his red cape swishing in the air as he turned towards the door. "You wish to speak with my vassal. He went through the door to the inn, leaving it open so that Sin could pass through after him.

Sin nodded once before entering after him, closing the door as he entered the tavern. "What in the Void have I gotten myself into?" Sin sighed.

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 03:24 AM
Maiden leads Kira over to a table and says to her in Sky "Sit for a bit, are you still hungry?"

Kira nods and thanks her for her help so far.

Shield calls for a barmaid and orders some form of a hearty soup, in two bowls, and two heals of bread.

Kira consumes enthusiastically. She then asks Maiden "So do you live here? or are you here to get help as well?"

"No, I came to procure privisions for the guard under my command."

she nods. "I'm here seeking to get help for my hometown, we recently discovered a deposit of jade and bandits have been trying to claim it. I ... guess I Exalted and, well, the village has sort of made me its protector"

"What is the name of you home city?"

"It's a little village about a hundred miles south of here on the grey river called Streamhaven"

"Odd you should speak the northern tongue then." Shieldmaiden rumages in her pack for a map, and pulls it out, spreading it on the table before her.

"Well the city was settled by people leaving Nexus." "It's why I was told to come here, figured Nexus could help." she leans over the table and looks at the map. she points to where streamhaven would be.

"Alright, I'll help you. It is a bit outside of my jurisdiction, but I can find no issue with rendering assistance." Shieldmaiden marks the new town on her map.

Kira is positively beaming "Thank you so much!" "I was starting to get worried I couldn't protect them on my own. The bandits have gotten crafty and i think last time they said they might be trying to seek divine help"

"Murderers and thieves never get divine help. Although, being a terrestrial exalt yourself, you could most likely have gone to the local constabulry if you would have revealed as much to any of the guards and explained your purpose here."

"Really? that easy?" "Are exalted really well treated?"

"How well you are treated tends to depend on wether or not you are considered anathema. You, being terrestrial, would not be considered anathema."

she sounds out the word, clearly having never heard it "Anathema? what's that?" "and what do you mean by terrestrial?" she seems very interested, its clear she doesn't know much on the subject.

"Anathema means... unforgivable sin. Unatural. A terrestrial exalt is someone with the blood of the dragons."
"Are you finished with your meal?"

she slurps the last of the soup down and then nods smiling, very content looking.

Shieldmaiden scrolls her map up, places it back into its case, pays for the meal, and heads back upstairs to the room she has rented for the night.

Kira follows along "you know a lot about the Exalted."

"Is that a question, or a statement?"

"It's a statement, our village hasn't seen an Exalt since the Air Exalt I'm apparantly descended from"

Once inside of the room, shieldmaiden sits in a chair by the small desk provided by the inn. ""I'm Anathema."

"you don't seem that horrible to me"

"I'm a normal woman, I have merely been blessed by the unconquered sun. The fact that my Exaltation comes from he most high, makes me Anathema. For no reason."

"Who made that stupid rule?"

"No idea, I was dead at the time."

"how does that work?"

"I had been brutally murdered. I was dead. And recently I came back into the body of this woman Ellassah Druthden, who most exactly matched me in ideals and abilities. Thus I am two people , but I am also one."

"Well that seem's a tad confusing"

"That happens."

Kira seems thoughtful for a moment. "So when you use your magic do you get all shiny and have things start to break as well?"

"When I use my... 'magic' I am surrounded in an aurora of multicolored lights, others find frightening. The sheets of light also help to deflect enemy attacks, and make it harder for them to attack me."

"Cooooool"

Maiden spends 1 mote to activate her aurora, and is instantly sheathed in a dazzling display of light like that found to the north on cold nights. She then supresses it again after a few moments.

"Woow, when i first had my, aura go off, it kinda blew up my house"

Shieldmaiden chuckles softly. "Please do not take offense, but that is honestly... somewhat amusing. The first time mine went off I had been captured by barbarians and they all began to flee in horror."

"None taken, it was blown up house or be dead or worse, a slave" "I'm just glad my family got out before it exploded"

Shieldmaiden becomes quiet for a moment. "It seems to me, that your family are lucky they were not killed by your anima."

"Yeah, well it more scared off the bandits that raided our village and my parents fled the scene as well. I don't remember much, it kinda just ... happened"

"Do you know hwo to control it now?"

she nods. "I know theres essence inside of me and essence around me, when i use whats inside me it doesn't go off, when i use whats around me it does"

"Imperfect control then, I think. You can use your internal essence to set it off at will. Or at least, I can use my personal essence to set mine off."

Kira nods then proceeds to change the subject "So what kind of provisions are you getting for your guard?"

"Food, supplies for repair and construction, equipment, and materials for repair and crafting of equipment."

"I'm sure our village would be happy to help in return for the help you have offered us. We are mostly an agrarian people, and we have the freshly found jade mine."

"You have mentioned the mine before. Shall we leave?" Maiden equips her bracers made almost purely of golden Orichalcum, and picks up her shield, slinging it beneath her cloak.

"Yeah.", she says as she slings her boomerang back over her shoulder.

"Do you wish to walk, or see if there is a boat available?"

"A boat would be faster."

Shieldmaiden opens the door, and makes her way down through the common room, her large gait carrying her swiftly down the step two or three at a time as others might take one. She waits at the bottom of the stairs..

Kira actually moves suprisingly swift for a child her size, and manages to keep a reasonable pace with Shieldmaiden.

Nimademe
2012-11-18, 08:00 AM
Helvetica walked back into the inn with Sin not far behind him, looking for Weaver among the crowd of people being served. "Weaver?"

"Over here!" Karina waved them, having grabbed a table. By the dirty looks she was gettting, she hadn't been particularly polite about it. She had also made a head start on the drinks.

"Give me one of those." Helvetica sat on the table with Weaver, the person that followed him inside remaining standing. "This man is my new ally, he wishes to speak with you."

"You could try saying 'please' you know." Karina shrugged, passing him a drink. "So you dragged someone else along then?"

"They walk beside me rather than being dragged." He nodded to the question anyway, taking the drink and downing it in one go before slamming the glass down on the table. "This drink... I like it."

"Another."

"Go get yourself one. I ain't paying for all the drinks here."

Helvetica lamented the empty glass for a few seconds, deciding that he could probably do without one more drink until later. "Seat yourself and speak." He gestured for Sin to take a place their butt down on the chair.

"Man, you're pushy."

"I prefer the word firm."

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 08:21 AM
Shieldmaiden approaches the table at which the others sit, and orders a pitcher of spiced and heated juice, and two glasses. She then says to Sin in Riverspeak: "Hello again (old tongue:) tainted one, (riverspeak:) who are your friends?"

(She wears the standard clothing of the northern guard, fur lined, and layered pelts in the form of pants on the lower legs and fore-arms (covering her bracers), and a furlined cloak which sprawls down her back (over her thundershield). Her chest (aside from an area of cleavage exposed) is also covered in the striped fur of the tigers of the north. Her biceps are uncovered, while her thighs and lower body are covered in fur-lined leather. She stands over seven feet tall, with broad shoulders, and a lean cut figure muscular enough to hide her natural agility.)

Nimademe
2012-11-18, 10:18 AM
"My ally and vassal are speaking." Helvetica glared at the Shieldmaiden, who happened to be at least a foot taller than he was. With straight black hair and an slender athletic build, he looked much younger than anyone else at the table. If you had to guess how old he was from looks alone, he'd probably be around eighteen to twenty one.

"Speak with me first."

She smiles at his commanding stature, at odds with his demeanor. "Very well, and you would be, young man?"

"Helvetica of the Red Moon." He didn't seem particularly intimidated by her height, and as the pitcher of spiced juice she ordered arrived he attempted to pour himself a glass.

Shieldmaiden holds the pitcher down as he attempts to take it. "I bought this for the girl and myself. I'm certain they can provide you with one if you wish for it. But you will not be drinking any of this after behaving so rudely, instead, next time ask."

"Says the woman who asks for a name and doesn't give her own." Not letting go of the pitcher and keeping it flat on the table, he waited for her response before speaking.

"After having been interupted by someone whom I was not speaking to."

"I had no idea your interpretation of courtesy was that flexible."

"Not flexible, merely different from yours."

"And different from how it was mere seconds ago."

"Not at all. When you speak to someone before they can introduce themselves, when they speak to someone with whom they are familiar with, you should always give your name before the other person. And when taking something of someone with whom you are unfamiliar it is always polite to ask first, otherwise their hospitality may be refused. Now, had you been speaking to him, and I told you not to, I would then have to introduce myself to you first. This is normal custom in my homeland, and dates back to the previous age."

"I believe your customs would include introducing yourself regardless after recieving a name." Helvetica still had his hand on the pitcher. "You speak of interruptions when you would interrupt the conversation of my ally and vassal."

"You have not yet asked it. So, since you were the rude party, it is not required." Shield maiden draws her dining knife, which for most would appear as more of a short sword. "I noticed no conversation. If I had I would instead have waited. One cannot be expected to think of silence as conversation."

"So be it." Helvetica considered her words carefully, thinking about what obscure meaning she intended. "State your name and give me a portion of this drink."

"I have no real appreciation of you at the moment. You may refer to me as Ellassah Druthden, Captain of the Watch, Watcher of the North, Keeper of the Gates. And you may have some of the juice after she has had her glass filled, and you have asked very politely, or, you have payed for your drink. Shieldmaiden picks up the girls glass and sets it down with finality next to the pitcher. "You have before you at this moment, two options from what I can see, you release the pitcher, I pour her her drink, then pour myself my drink, you ask if you may have some, at which point I will reconsider my decision... or the guard come running due to the amount of blood on the floor, and I am never allowed in this Inn again."

"Your threats mean little to me." He took the pitcher of juice from under her grasp with a firm yank.

Shieldmaiden immediately shatters the pitcher with her dagger as it is taken from her, not waiting to see what is done.

Helvetica catches the dagger between the tines of a heavy fork, the glass from the pitcher and the wasted juice spilling across the table. "Hasty."

Shieldmaiden puts her dagger away, and proceeds to the bar, where she pays for the destroyed pitcher, and one glass of warmed spiced juice. She then takes the glass to the girl, and hands it very specifically to her, with an eye on Hel, and a hand to the hilt of her sword.

Helvetica didn't make any movements, unamused that he was unable to take a drink of whatever that juice was. He supposed it was admirable that she wasted it to stop either of them from taking it, but destroying that which you own wasn't the goal of tyranny.

Shieldmaiden watching Hel closely moves over to the bar, and orders herself a mug of hot spiced wine. Then asks Hel if he would like something to drink, a small amused grin on her face.

"That would be acceptable."

"Good." She then asks for a glass of water, drinks her wine, and hands him the glass of water. "You could have been more specific."

Taking the glass of water and drinking it down quickly, Helvetica appreciated the cold and pure taste supplied by the ice. "Good." The water from the rivers and streams weren't quite as well regulated, so it was appreciable to drink from a clean source.

"Just because I do not like you, does not mean we cannot be friends."

"A tyrant has no friends." Giving her a brief lookover, it seemed she was experienced in combat. The strength of her dagger earlier as he caught it with a knife was good, well controlled but with enough force to still shatter the pitcher. "Become my vassal, Ellassah."

"I have never been a Vassal. I honestly have no interest in such a position. I have plenty of work already managing the small area I oversee in Imperial name without committing treason and being sentenced to death for anything else they may or may not find." She takes another drink of her wine, and sets it down a moment to wipe the corners of her mouth before continuing. Her straight backed bearing is evidently one of pride from a life of service, and leadership. "My people, as I call them however, may be willing to allow me to work together with you if we find your goals are in accordance with mine. I say with mine, since I allow them part in any decisions I make, while they normally just go along with such decisions. It is the duty of any ruler, actual, or in action alone."

"Your people... you would claim yourself a Lady?"

"A lady spends too much time fauning and worrying over appearances to get the work that needs doing done. A lady also is often too dainty to do the work herself, to get right in the ditch and dig with her men. No, I am no lady. I am woman, and a warrior of the north. In the north, it is too cold for ladies."

"Lady is the feminine term for Lord."

"A lord rules over his people, not always for the better. I am a ruler, not a lord. I do not act harshly, I work with my people, not above them. I do not consider myself a lady, nor some fat, slothenly lord. I do not generally have time to enjoy good food or wine, and the best of what my people get goes to the children, that they may grow strong, and healthy. We, the adults eat what is left, which is generally enough to see us all fed well, all through the winter. We have fish, and game, and grain, and we being a port, tax all merchantile travel through our waters. A portion of which goes to the empire in order to keep them appeased. I am no Lord, feminine, nor masculine. I am a ruler."

"Respectable." Helvetica said this flatly at the end of her speech, having gained a modicum of respect for her despite her lack of submission. "If you are your own ruler and that of others, then instead become my ally."

"I will get to know you before I agree to such. I do not hastily forge alliances, nor friendships. Let us see where our current path leads us first, for at the end we may be at each others throats. I would not have another such burden on my soul."

Helvetica had a good laugh at this, though it didn't last for very long or make a mark on his dignity. "A ruler should have their pride." Maybe this Ellassah was worthy of his esteem after all, and if they were to fight in the future then he would gladly relish the chance. "Call your companion here, I wish to speak with her."

Shieldmaiden's eyes narrow slightly at this. "Why, if I may ask, do you wish to speak to the child under my protection?"

"Speak with her, my intentions go no deeper than my words."

"She has her own people to worry for, and I will not have you or anyone force her, or convince her to abandon them, for any reason. I myself have already given her my word of assistance in her troubles."

"Is that not her decision?"

"The strong owe themselves to the weak, that is the purpose of strength. In the end it is her decision, but until their trouble has been resolved, I will not allow her to be subverted, by any means. And I will enforce my will by any means."

"You would make a passable tyrant." Helvetica saw through her guard and possession of her companion, for she must have seen them as weak and unable to stand to his might. "Is your opinion on your companion that low?"

"My opinion is that such as we, as I think you must also be, can be extremely overwhelming to one so newly born. I am protective of the weaker, as I said, thus, regardless of her strength, being weaker than myself, it is my duty to guard her. Watch your tongue, and do not put words of disrecpect in my mouth, or I will remove your tongue."

"One does not grow without facing adversity, one cannot be strong without seeing true strength." He didn't flinch at her threats, giving his glass to a passing waiter so that it could be refilled with water. "If you consider her development as important, then call her here so that I may speak with her."

"If you wish to as her ruler, then preside over our conversation with your own eyes and ears.

"I am not her ruler, but she has asked for my assistance, this makes me her guardian until such time as she says or requests otherwise. I will not allow you to sway her in matters as important as those she faces now. And just as I did, she shall grow, albeit at her own speed, and with her own strength, as all of us do. However, when faced with overwhelming odds, it is sometimes... nearly impossible to come out ahead of such adversity. I have been around long enough to realize this at least." Shieldmaiden has them keep the water, and gets a refill for her mug, and gets Hel a mug of his own, which she personally hands to him. "You speak with the tongue of experience. She is still very new. I do not want her to be too horribly overwhelmed by any of us."

"Appreciated." Helvetica enjoyed the spiced beverage, drinking it all without stopping even once. "Do you not threaten to overwhelm her yourself? Guarding one by keeping them in a cage where you choose their experiences is foolish."

"If I had someone such as myself at the beginning to teach me, I would most likely have ended up far more powerful than I am now. As it is, I have gained my own strength, on my own. As my own person. I do not intend to coddle the child. Merely assist her people with their current issue, and return home."

"There is the possibility that I may decide to aid them as well." Helvetica had a regal smile on his face, having found the point where he could break through her words. He could just walk over to the child and speak to them, but as he had already given a command he would not take it back until it had been resolved. "Though I wish for them to make that decision."

"There are infinite possibilities. It is possible I may wake tomorrow up in my room with a dead oxen on my chest. That does not make it seem more likely. I also do not find it likely that I would need help with the brigands, even were they all terrestrials or fey. I live near the northern pole. You will find no heartier people in all of creation. And I am the strongest of all of those I know aside from the queen of the north... whom I am glad to say I have never personally met."

"Your resolve is firm." Helvetica nodded at her, deciding to take back his order at least this once. "Come." He geastured at Kira from across the room, superseding the decision that Ellassah had made. "We shall see." He said to the Shieldmaiden, waiting for the child to come to the table.

Maiden's hand goes to sword when he calls for the girl, she then loosens it within the scabbard, revealing only the tiniest sliver of what is obviously Orichalcum to Hel, as a form of warning.

Helvetica ignored this warning completely, not afraid of whatever threat she may unleash on him. He was more than sufficiently entertained in any case, and soon he might have another vassal under his name.

Shieldmaiden can be seen to be calculating the shortest path to Hel's neckline as she subtly shifts her stance, and her grip on her sword. A faint wiff of nearly overpowering Solar essence wafts as she prepares to activate a number of charms simultaneously.

Prinny Squad
2012-11-18, 10:23 AM
While Helvetica and Shieldmaiden are busy arguing with eachothther, Sin quickly turned to Weaver."Which of the thirteen do you serve?" Sin asked, carefully keeping his his voice soft, "I serve the lion."

"Huh? No idea what you're talkin' about." Karina shrugged.

Sin frowned, normally he would doubt her, but he was able to read her properly, she honestly was telling the truth. "You... You don't know what you truly are, do you?"

She shrugged again. "Nope. Never really bothered me. I'm not dead as such, and that's all I care about."

Sin blinked once in confusion, "In order to accpet the Black Exaltation, you need to swear loyalty to one of the 13, as well as cast your name into the void. Are you telling me that none of the 13 have claimed you? Did you not receive the message?"

"Never heard of anythin' like that. And no, no-one has 'claimed' me. And they can think again if they try to."

"Are you telling me that you you managed to get a rogue Exaltation that was not touched by the Deathlords? That's impossible." Yet despite this, SIn still had his doubts. However, this girl was telling the truth, thus she could not be be lying.

"I guess it's not impossible since that's what happened!" Karina grinned.

"Which is why I'm completelyly and utterly confused about you right now. Regardless, you need someone to teach you the ropes, otherwise you'll end up killing people simply be being near them. I can happily oblige."

" Thanks, but I've been doing fine so far. Not in the habit of randomly killing people. Bad for business."

Your resonance will kill them, regardless what you do. Just keep wandering around and kill as much people as you can. Whether it be bandits or beasts, just kill or else you will end up killing people who don't deserve it. Don't stay in one place and build up a base, just wander around. Oh, and try to stay in the shadow lands once your resonance hets too high. They don't help as mas much as being in the Undeworld, but it's better than nothing.as much as being in the Underworld, but it's better than nothing."

"Uhuh. Suuure." Karina rolled her eyes, and got up."One second, I need to get another drink. I am nowhere near drunk enough for today."

As Karina left, Sin sighed, "That went better than I expected, although I'm a bit cconcerned on how she's not taking me seriously." he muttered before shrugging"Oh well, her loss."

She returned shortly, with yet another drink. "So, what brings you to Nexus anyway?"

"I have no reason to be here, I merely wander throughout creation and seek the wrongs of this world and purge it through blood and steel. This city just happened to be in my path."

Karina gave him an odd look"Riiiight. I'm guessing Hel over there dragged you into his tyrant nonsense."

"He seeks to completely and utterly redefine the term. He is still completely intolerable and is overwhelmingly arrogant but he has garnered some respect from me."

"He's pretty goddamn funny, I'll give him that. Quite confident in himself as well."

"Almost too confidedent."

"Maybe." Karina glanced over where Hel was sitting, and stood up. "Crap. Looks like somethings goin' on back there. I should probably see what's up"

The last thing we need is Wyld Hunt being called upon us because a Solar could not keep her temper.

"****, yeah. I didn't think of that. We should probably do something. Eh, if it gets too bad, i'll get involved. Just keep an eye on it for now." Karina took her seat again, not taking her eye off Hel and whoever he was speaking to.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-18, 01:08 PM
When ShieldMaiden and hel are talking, the essence currently circulating kira's body is taking in every word and pattern of their speech, moving from sound, to recognition to slowly but surely understanding. When the pitcher gets shattered she winces a bit thinking a fight is going to break out, but when another glass is brought to her she politely thanks ShieldMaiden.

She sips quietly watching the dialogue take place, and while not understanding the words themselves, understanding tone.

As Hel addresses her, she glances around then sets her glass down, just in time to notice Maiden reach for her sword.

Kira decided it would be best not to have a fight break out, especially over her. She walked over to ShieldMaiden's side, and she placed her hand over the hilt of maiden's sword to keep her from drawing it. A small but warm smile looks up at Maiden. "A fight won't help anyone right now. If he want's to speak to me he may." She then turns her attention to Hel. He can tell she is willing to listen to him.

Nimademe
2012-11-18, 02:37 PM
"Seat yourself." Helvetica looked at Kira and examined her briefly, considering her youth and short stature. Even with that appearance, there were signs and giveaways to show that she was more than she seemed.

Despite her youth, kira is far more physically fit for a child her age, though the clothing currently hides most of the build. Her arms are definitely as strong as an adults.

Shieldmaiden turns to the girl, and speaks in skytongue. "The idiot asks you to please sit."

Kira giggles a bit at the choice of words then sits down.

"Your name?" How many times had Helvetica needed to introduce himself today? He enjoyed saying his own name, but repeated use of his full title would make it wear thin.

"Now the simpleton is asking for your name."

Kira nods at Shieldmaiden then turns to Hel. "Kira Lin."

"Helvetica of the Red Moon." He took a quick look at her armaments, noticing that she held a Jade Skycutter. "Nice weapon."

"Now the fool is commenting on your wonderful choice of weapon. Keep a close eye on it."

Not exactly sure how to respond to that Kira merely says thank you.

"The girl says thank you.".

"Tell me your story." It was rare for Helvetica to take an interest in the lives of other people without any warning, but he had been intrigued by Ellassah's protectiveness earlier.

"Now he wants to know your story. I think he's taken a liking to you, if you go to sleep, don't go far."

Kira blinks thinking maybe she might be getting even more help, and begins to speak. "Well, I come from Streamhaven, a little town south of here. We haven't had much contact with the outside besides traders and the like. However we recently discovered a Jade deposit near our village and suddenly as word spread, bandits have been raiding or trying to raid our village. I Exalted during the first raid and drove them off, but they keep getting more and more clever and I'm no longer sure I alone am sufficient to keep them away. I came here to nexus to seek help to stop it at its source. And that is why I'm here."

"She comes from streamhaven. They're isolated... they discovered a jade deposit and came under attack by bandits. She exalted during the first raid. They've been learning from their mistakes, and she thinks she needs help so she came here."

"I will aid in your desire, and you will aid with mine." Helvetica maintained eye contact with her, his eyes looking blanked out and dead. "Become my vassal."

"He says he will assist you if you become his slave. Say it, and I remove his head right here."

"Slave?" Kira looks skeptically at the man. "Why would an Exalt be a slave to someone?"

"Sorry, not slave exactly. More... a servant. My Skytongue is a bit... unused. I personally already declined his offer."

Kira looks up at Maiden. "He's asking a bit much in return, but my duty is to my people. Ask him what that would entail."

"I can tell you now. You would probably have to travel with him, or give him... donations of whatever resource you have. Your village would become a fiefdom. And it would be required to make payments. That is what a vassalage is."

Helvetica watched them talk patiently, waiting for the answer for an answer from the person he was speaking with. It was an awfully long conversation for a simple yes or no, but maybe they were discussing something else entirely.

Maiden turns to Hel, "She said that you are asking much, and that her duty is to her people. She also requested an explanation of Vassalage, and I explained the Feif system."

"You believe me a false tyrant?" Helvetica let out a good laugh, thinking of a way he could communicate his words to Kira without actually saying anything. Beating on his chest twice and pointing to her, he pointed at her for a moment before pointing back at himself and upwards. The general meaning of the motion was that they'd aid each other with their goals and move upwards.

"False? No, but I do suspect you of having ulterior motives."

Kira seems to be in thought for the moment. She takes a deep breath, "The safety of my people is more important to me than what happens to me myself."

"Are you then, accepting his offer, or refusing it?"

"If he is fair to my people then I accept, if he treats them as mere slaves to his whim then I decline."

"Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing until you accept. And that means taking a risk. I do not think he will deliberately harm your people. And if he does you can send for me. I still, however, would not accept his offer. But that is me. You must make your own choices."

Kira looks Hel in the eyes. "Do you promise that if I accept your terms that you will treat my people fairly and not as just mere pawns in your grand scheme?"

Direct translation with the added: 'on pain of death' with a remark noting the last part is hers.

Helvetica nodded without hesitation, finding these terms more than agreeable in exchange for a vassal that will aid him on his rise. He held out his hand for Kira to shake, not even a single movement at the mention of his own death.

"I want to hear you say it."

Direct translation.

Not putting his hand down and staring at Kira with unbroken eye contact, he hoped that she would be able to read his tone without the help of that meddler. "I swear."

Direct translation.

Kira smiles and extends her hand to meet his and shakes.

Helvetica has a smile on his face as well, having gained a great deal today compared to the absolutely nothing that he had entered this city with.

"By the way Hel, I just called you seven kinds of fool. I thought you might enjoy the humor."

"A shame your comedy was unheard."

"She heard me, didn't you notice all of her laughter?"

"Then it was a gain for my vassal." Standing to address the three exalts at the table bound by his tyranny as well as the meddler, he spoke a few words in the cheery atmosphere of the inn.

"Your desires are mine, and my desires are yours! Let us each find what we came for, and for those who do not seek let them find a goal and purpose."

(maiden translates for the girl)"He says he desires you. Sorry, bad skytongue again. He says: (direction translation)"

"Hooray." Karina stated flatly and raising her glass, having quite a bit to drink by this point.

Maiden cheers with a complete lack of any enthusiasm or feeling.

Kira finally noticing the other exalted present, and seeing the cheers joins in more to fit in than anything else. Though a genuine smile is on her face for in just one day she was able to get more help than she had originally thought she would have received in weeks of trying.

Maiden smiles kindly at the girl and ruffles her hair again.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-18, 10:27 PM
A man slowly approaches the group. He is an older man, very burly, with red hair and a bushy mustache. This man is the owner, who Shieldmaiden paid earlier. He greets the men, especially Hel, he puts one hand down on the table and he begins to speak through a smile that is easy to see is fake. "Morning gents! You've made my tavern a little more colorful today! I didn't see exactly what happened earlier, but i'm glad you've put down the weapons. I was wondering if you were actually planning on...purchasing anything?"

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 10:34 PM
Shieldmaiden raises an eyebrow, but, being not addressed herself, she does not mind his words, and even smiles slightly.

Nimademe
2012-11-18, 10:41 PM
"Don't waste my time." Helvetica created eye contact with the man, seeing if he would flinch under his eyes and gaze.

"What do you want?"

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-18, 10:47 PM
"Well..." says the man, standing at his full height. "My brothers and I have a business to run. If you're going to make a scene, I'd prefer you had a few drinks in you, at least then the city watch would be a bit more lenient. In here, drinks cost money.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-18, 10:48 PM
Kira glances up at the man. She sizes him up since its the only thing she could do, not being able to understand the language the others are using at the moment, but the essence within her still internalizing everything he says. She tries to stay out of it for the most part, being that she herself wasn't addressed.

Nimademe
2012-11-18, 10:52 PM
"Don't hide your intent, I'm asking what you want." Helvetica remained seated without matching the actions of the man, making no aggressive movements or gestures. "If it involves resources, state your business so we can consider it."

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-18, 11:01 PM
"buy something, or we'll boot you out. The ladies can stay, of course,"

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 11:04 PM
"Thank you very much for your generosity." Shieldmaiden flips a coin to sin, enough for a mug of ale.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-18, 11:06 PM
Being able to read tone of voice Kira decides to interpose herself inbetween the owner and Hel. "Is there some problem here?" She says in Skytongue.

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 11:09 PM
Shieldmaiden's eyes open a little wider the usual. "Kira child! The owner is just explaining to Hel that he'll need to buy something or leave. There is no need to get in his way. You'll just get us kicked out of the inn, and I don't much care for sleeping in the gutter." Maiden flips another coin, with obvious reluctance, to Hel. "Now buy something, before you get the child arrested for your foolishness."

Nimademe
2012-11-18, 11:14 PM
Helvetica laughed at this gesture, also feeling happy that his vassal would immediately stand for him. He flicked the coin at the man with a surprising amount of speed, though not so fast that he couldn't catch it. It did sting their palm slightly though, but that was only a minor annoyance at most. "Mead."

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-18, 11:19 PM
The man legitimately smiles at this. "coming right up. and for the pale, hooded one? Something to eat, perhaps?"

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-18, 11:27 PM
Water shall suffice for me. Although I may buy something to eat, if you have any Reccomendations. Sin replied simply, withdrawing some currency and handing it over.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-18, 11:38 PM
"Water, sure." He calls over to the bar area. "Rogord! What's the special today?". The barkeep, a man who looks a lot like the man by the table, only with no hair at all and no mustache, calls back "Roast Chicken and potatoes!" and goes back to cleaning glasses.

"You heard the man. I'll be back with those drinks." The man smiles again and leaves to get the drinks.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-18, 11:39 PM
Kira seeing the problem having alleviated returns to the chair she was in.

Nimademe
2012-11-18, 11:45 PM
"Passable." That was handled better than he'd thought possible by his group, with nobody being murdered or maimed in a destructive chaos that engulfed the whole city. He waited patiently for his mead as he examined his vassals and allies, considering what exactly they'd do upon leaving this establishment.

Ralasha
2012-11-18, 11:47 PM
Shieldmaiden smiles gently to Kira.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-18, 11:56 PM
Kira looks up at Shieldmaiden, and says "I just wanted to know what was going on, he started sounding bullyish, and I don't like bullies. Far as I'm concerned they are just bandits waiting to happen."

Ralasha
2012-11-19, 04:02 PM
"You're in the city dear. So all you would do, is get in trouble for nothing."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-19, 04:29 PM
"More drink sounds good to me. All that talking was starting to bore me half to death. Again."

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-19, 04:57 PM
"I make it a habit not to drink too often. It's hard enough trying to remain in low-profile with the Immaculate Order hounding every single street. I would only do things I regret if I ever get intoxicated." Sin replied, taking another sip of water, "Besides, beer tastes like urine anyway."

Ralasha
2012-11-19, 05:00 PM
Maiden finishes her hot spiced wine as she reaches the man previously watching them. "Your name, if you please." The words are obviously not a question, though they are phrased as one to be politely.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-19, 05:07 PM
Sin quickly processes Shieldmaiden's remark before taking note that, yes. There is someone that is watching them.

"The thing is though," Sin remarks casually aloud as if he is not being watched by an unknown stranger, "Whenever I do manage to get intoxicated, I get this really sudden urge to kill anybody that so as much stares or looks at me weirdly. So unless, you want to me change my drink, I suggest that you tell us who you are."

(I already made the perception check and did an intimidation roll, 5 sux)

Nimademe
2012-11-20, 12:21 AM
Helvetica remained blissfully unaware of the man watching them, though he was fairly amused by their remarks. Only when Shieldmaiden addresses someone else in the bar does he notice the man, which is an odd change compared to his sharp perception earlier. He supposed that he'd let his ally handle this one, drinking the mead that he had ordered earlier with immense speed.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-21, 01:14 AM
" My Name's Grotto, mam." He leans back on the bar and sips his drink. "I heard there were some interesting characters in town, so my employers thought it might be worth their while to send someone to see." He looks bored. He cracks his neck from side to side "Would you be interested in meeting my employers? You can think it over while i finish my drink."

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-21, 01:25 AM
"Why do they need our help? Sin asked, casually observing the man. "I'm fairly certain there would be other people to fufill the criteria.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-21, 01:56 AM
Well, we could find someone else, but then what would i do with this bag of advance pay?" He pulls a bag from a hidden pocket in his coat. "There are about 150 dinars in here, is that enough to pique your interest?"

Kell_tamer
2012-11-21, 01:57 AM
Kira waits and watches to see what Maiden is going to do. In the event maiden doesn't want to do anything she'd really rather not invoke the ire of the solar for pressing a matter.

She quietly sips her drink and keeps a low profile. continuing to absorb the language being tossed around her. She waits to see what the group wants to do, knowing she doesn't want to blow her chances at keeping the help by being pushy.

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 01:59 AM
Helvetica became interested at the sound of possible funds, turning to face the man sitting across the room. Though he could involve himself immediately, the sole lure of money wasn't enough to get him to take action. He'd see what his companions decided before making a decision on the matter, a judgement that would no doubt completely trump theirs.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-21, 02:01 AM
Sin weighed the options before shrugging, "Sure, why not? It's not like I have anything else to do. He didn't want to bother his master by requesting money every so often. Some little extra cash wouldn't hurt either. He turned to the rest of his group, "Any of you guys interested as well?"

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 02:20 AM
"I am willing to grant your employers an audience, acceptance of the task waits until then." Helvetica stood from his seat and looked the man straight in the eyes, having made his immutable decision. Completely lacking any personal funding himself, having a good amount of silver in his pocket would be a good start towards his goals.

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 02:39 AM
"If we're gettin' paid, sure." Karina smiled. The paying jobs were the best kind.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-21, 02:43 AM
Grotto scratches his chin, which is covered in stubble. "Well, if you're decided, let me finish my drink and we can head out."

Ralasha
2012-11-21, 05:12 AM
Maiden informs Kira of the situations, and asks what she wants to do.
Kira ponders a moment before shaking her head in accordance.

Maiden then informs the man that they will assist.

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 05:33 AM
It seemed that his decision wasn't contested, and everything was as it should be. Looking towards the man that was keeping them waiting by enjoying his drink, he walked towards Grotto and held out his open hand for the advanced pay that was promised earlier. "Surrender your tribute, and we shall depart immediately."

Ralasha
2012-11-21, 05:35 AM
Shieldmaiden barks a laugh and shakes her head in humor. "Tribute, you are an idiot, insane, or you just have a knack at being insulting to everyone including your employers, which would explain why you're broke."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 05:37 AM
Karina sighed "Hold up, WE gotta decide how we're splitting this up first. Don't want to crew anyone out of their fair share" KArina grinned again.

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 05:40 AM
"There are no arguments for the shares." His hand was still held out to Grotto, not withdrawn until his command was fulfilled or renounced. "If we are all participating, then all rewards shall be split by five."

Ralasha
2012-11-21, 05:50 AM
"That means that for each of us the total is thirty Dinar." Maiden then speaks to the man with the bag. "What is the job, when are we required to begin it, what difficulties should we be expecting, and how long must we wait for that money after having already accepted?"

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 05:54 AM
"You misunderstand, Ellassah." Helvetica didn't turn his head away from Grotto as he spoke. "What he holds now is mere tribute for our presence."

"Our true reward and the task needed to claim it lie elsewhere."

Ralasha
2012-11-21, 05:57 AM
"That is sophistry, and of little true consequence."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 06:26 AM
"He's payin' us to basically turn up. Whoever is his boss probably has the details." Karina rolled her eyes. "Anyway, I'm in. More interesting than sittin' and gettin' drunk while these lot argue about whatever."

Ralasha
2012-11-21, 06:27 AM
"Again, we having accepted the job, it is of little true consequence."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 06:32 AM
"Then what's the problem? It's unlikely whoever sent actually gave him all the details. Least, that's what I would guess."

Ralasha
2012-11-21, 06:43 AM
"Problem? Whoever sent him, I doubt they would send someone to find people to do a job without having given any details. Else many would likely just refuse the offer, since for all they would know they are being hired to hunt a dragon that has gone insane."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 06:48 AM
"I dunno, I know quite a few people that'd jump at the chance to make some money, even without details." Karina shrugged. "Sometimes you just really need the money."

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 06:52 AM
If the Shieldmaiden could not grasp the concept of advance pay during the first explanation, then she was far underneath his notice as far as that went. His gaze and opened palm remained in front of Grotto, the man taking an infuriatingly long time to enjoy his drink and respond. "Hasten yourself."

Kell_tamer
2012-11-21, 10:34 AM
Kira tugs at shieldmaiden's wrist to get her to lean down. She whispers in her ear, "When we get there, let me do the talking, i know how to haggle. Whatever offer they make us there i could probably up the hell out of it. All you and Hel need to do is look like the ones to talk to. I'll do the rest once they start talking to us. The element of surprise is in our favor here, and its just as important on the dealing table as it is in combat.

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 11:20 AM
Karina addressed Grotto"Out of interest, you ain't with the Guild, are ya? Worked for 'em in the past. Don't mind discussing the details with them if that's the case"

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-21, 11:55 AM
"You're all pretty smart, y'know that? Yeah, I am working for the guild, no, I don't have all the details." He tosses the bag to Hel. "Here you go bud." He downs the remaining drink and sets the mug on the bar. "My boss, Hierarch Sapphire, will fill you in. No worries. Ready?"

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-21, 12:02 PM
"I'm good to go," Sin replied, "How abut the rest of you?"

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 12:03 PM
"I will honor our agreement." Gesturing for the rest of the party to come closer to him, he gave them each their promised share of thirty dinars without delay and dropped the coins into their cupped hands. He kept the bag the coins were contained in, tying it around his belt so that he'd have a place to store his money. This was the first money he has owned in a good while, and it was an auspicious step on his journey to be able to afford meals and utilities.

"Lead the way."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 12:06 PM
"I'm all good. Least knowing we're dealing with the Guild is somewhat relaxin' " Karina grinned, pocketing her share of the money.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-21, 12:38 PM
Grotto leads the circle out into the daylight. He almost disappears in the crowd of bystanders, but you can hear him saying "keep up now!" As you all also get swallowed by the crowd, he becomes easier to spot, and he directs you uneventfully through the busy streets. After all that, you wind up at the large, sturdy looking front doors of what Grotto says is the Guild Hall. If you examine the building, you notice it is very intimidating, and was probably made that way on purpose, built out of solid looking dark materials, wood mostly. "Up the stairs and on the left is the Heirarch's office. C'mon, I'll let her know you're here."

You follow him further into the building and up the stairs. "Just a warning folks, my boss is a great woman, but-" he lowers his voice to a whisper "a Tyrant Lizard would have a better chance of making friends than her." He winks at Kira, thinking she might appreciate the joke. He turns and moves over to the doors, opening them just enough to stick his head in. "Heirarch, I brought you some guests!"

"Send them in Grotto, thanks." Grotto holds open one of the doors and smiles. "Your move folks."

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 12:49 PM
If this woman was comparable to a Tyrant Lizard, then she was indeed a worthy adversary in all respects. Considering that his sole encounter with one was sufficient for Luna to imbue him with her blessing, perhaps this upcoming battle would grant him a similar boon. Though admittedly it would probably be one of words instead of swords, Helvetica was not completely out of his depth.

"Onward." As he walked through the doorway and left Grotto behind, he gestured for the party to follow him inside the lair of the Hierarch.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-21, 01:03 PM
Kira followed the group in keeping to the side, waiting for the hierarch to address someone else before making her attempt to interject into any conversation. She was prepared if necessary to let loose with essence to bring any unfavorable deal around into the favor of the whole party. While she's never dealt with someone with this much power, she was confident in the skills her mother and father taught her.

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 01:36 PM
Karina confidently entered after Hel. The Guild Hall was much bigger than the few she'd seen back East. Had she never worked with the Guild, she might have been intimidated. It helped that she knew the Guild payed pretty well and if they were seeing the Heirarch ... well, that meant this job must be especially lucrative.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-21, 01:50 PM
Sin followed after the rest of his circle, keeping an eye on their surroundings. Who knows what could happen next.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-21, 01:55 PM
Inside, The Hierarch’s office is splendid and rather opulent. The chairs are
detailed in ivory, and the desk is of the finest Eastern wood. Clearly,
Hierarch Artemisia has some wealth to flaunt, and has gone to great
lengths to ensure visitors understand that they are meeting with one who
speaks for the Guild. Hierarch Sapphire sits at her desk working on some papers, and not looking too happy about doing so.

Nimademe
2012-11-21, 02:13 PM
"I have arrived." Helvetica didn't really adopt any greetings, they were either immediate demands or showing his own physical position. "Tribute has been received, an audience has been granted." While the money in his wallet pouch right now was a good start, there was likely something else in store for them.

"Elaborate on your task and the reward."

Kell_tamer
2012-11-21, 02:26 PM
a small smile crept across Kira's lips as Hel spoke. while she couldn't understand what he said, she could tell he was being a showboat. This would provide the perfect distraction for her plans. All she had to do was wait for the right time.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-21, 02:30 PM
The woman at the desk stand up and looks at the party. She raises a curious eyebrow at Hel and cracks a small smile. "Straight to business huh? I like that."

As you look at her, you notice a few things. Her posture is almost perfect,like she is standing at attention. She's in her late thirties with ear length brown hair and a tan. "I need you to find someone for me. A girl known as Arvia."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-21, 02:32 PM
"A girl? This seems like a large group to find one girl." Karina thought for a moment. "And why is she so important, if you don't mind me asking?"

Ralasha
2012-11-21, 03:42 PM
Shieldmaiden immediately notices the soldier-like stance of the woman, being one herself, and having faint memories of having been one before. She takes the womans appearance in, looking for signs of the slightly hunched shoulders from armor having been worn, callouses on the hands from weapons training and use, and the other usual cues.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-21, 04:19 PM
While everyone is sizing up the woman, kira draws some of her personal essence in and expends it, channeling the fire within to make this first meeting auspicious even though no one could see it.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-22, 12:29 AM
Shieldmaiden immediately notices the soldier-like stance of the woman, being one herself, and having faint memories of having been one before. She takes the womans appearance in, looking for signs of the slightly hunched shoulders from armor having been worn, callouses on the hands from weapons training and use, and the other usual cues.

You don't notice any other outward signs of soldierdom. Any presence the woman may have is entirely self-discipline.

"I need you to find this girl and bring her to me. She is crucial to an important business matter I'm in the middle of. This matter is is need-to-know. If you do this, I have a great many resources at my disposal that we can work out. Care to negotiate?"

Kell_tamer
2012-11-22, 12:35 AM
Kira chimes in from the sides. "Madame, i believe I am the one you would like to speak to about that. also forgive my manners, I am Kira Lin, Air Dragon of Streamhaven, at your service. And I would very much not like to waste any more time than is necessary." Kira politely bows to the woman, and she can definitely see that the child has a major air of confidence and clearly is ready to discuss matters.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-22, 12:42 AM
The Heirarch is wide-eyed at the display. "Oh! I wasn't expecting a Dragon-blooded!" her attitude changes slightly, and she visibly relaxes, warming up slightly to Kira. "Darling girl, please, what are your circles requests?"

Nimademe
2012-11-22, 12:43 AM
Moderately surprised by the outburst of confidence and tone his vassal had demonstrated, Helvetica had a small smile on his face at having gained such a skilled vassal. This would give her a chance to show him her skills, so Helvetica withdrew from the discussion and left negotiation with the Hierarch for her. Perhaps here she was facing her own Tyrant Lizard, as he had done before out in the wilds of the south.

"Prove yourself."

While Kira might not have understood the meaning of his words, the tone of his voice and his gesture of observation should be enough to clue her in.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-22, 02:26 AM
Kira nods and smiles. Well madame heirarch, i think we both know what this is going to come down to. That is money. However you clearly wouldn't have tried to hire exalted unless it was important, unless you weren't aware we were exalted. But I have a feeling that someone of your power would know of such things going on in her domain.

"I do keep tabs. I knew you were exalted, but, as I said, i wasn't expecting a Dragon-blooded like yourself."

Kira steps up to the desk confidently. "Well mam, as you can see the fact that despite exaltation we are a bit of a rabble, we could in fact use the assistance of the guild in funding our future endeavors. Do you have an offer in mind?" Kira keeps her eyes on the womans face. She hasn't dealt much with the guild, but has seen them pass by her town before on trips along the river, and one thing always remained the same: they wanted to turn everything into profit in some way.

"I'm willing to offer the second half of the advance, 200 dinars" The Heirarch's face tenses up. Business is what she does. and she doesn't wish to be off guard during any negotiation.

Kira nods in thought a moment. A decent sum, however typical mercenary price. I would like to propose something else to you, something that will speak to you long term. Kira begins pacing a bit to the side of the desk as her bodies visual cues indicate shes got a pretty good idea what Heirarch sapphire wants to hear. As I said, I am from streamhaven, and you may have heard that we have come into possession of a Jade mine. If you were to sweeten that deal to 1000 dinars for each in the end, as the representative, I could make it so that the guild could become the primary dealer in our village. You would be able to then get a cut of the jade, and sell wares to help us mine it, so not only would you get a profit, you would also gain access to a whole new sales service.

"While I find your offer intriguing, your numbers are a little off putting....almost insulting. I brought you here to offer you a job. Try again. This time, try real numbers." Artimisia sits back behind her desk. "how about 50 each? and we can discuss the jade mine later..."

"Almost... I see, alright I'll admit I shot high, can you blame me for really trying? Kira watches her and having guaged her reaction draws on her inner essence reserves to try and read what she would be truly willing to part with. She aligns her personal essence with water and taking a momentary breath tries to read deep into her.

Suddenly it becomes clear. Kira reasons that with a small amount of caution, she could double or possibly even triple the last offer.

Kira nods a moment realizing, what she meant. "You will have to forgive my presumption earlier madame. given where i come from the concept of money and its worth is still new. we normally bartered goods. I see i underestimated the value of the coinage. what say we try 200 each then?" she starts a bit higher to negotiate down from. clearly having a better grasp on the value now.

"100 each, plus, i'll grant any one small favor in my power, only one."

kira strokes her chin obviously considering it. A favor from the guild, a favor most powerful indeed. it does not have to be called in immediatly? could we request it after the mission or even further in the future?

"Anytime. I'll give it to you in writing, if you'd prefer."

Kira looks thoughtfully a moment,then to her comrades.

A smile comes across her face and she nods. If you write up the contract we will sign it. She extends her hand to the Heirarch.

Artemisia extends her hand in turn and the two shake. "I’m pleased we could come to this very equitable agreement. I'll have it for you in just a minute" She sits back down and begins writing. She then hands you the paper which reads: I, Guild Heirarch Artemisia Sapphire, hereby grant the barer of this document one request, to be carried out immediately following said request. The favor in question must be approved by myself, If after a period of time passes, such as a full year, and requests have been made and denied, then I, as guild Heirarch, must accept the terms of any request offered me.
Signed Guild Heirarch Artemisia Sapphire.
(end)

Kira reads the document nodding then smiles offering her hand for one more final shake. "An absolute pleasure we were able to come to this arrangement, and i do very much hope to work with you and the guild again in the future"

"Indeed, now back to business, The girl I need brought to me can be found in an abandoned manse under the city."

"Manse?" Sin inquired speaking for the first time since he entered, his face hidden beneath his hood, "What of it's hearthstone? Why was it abandoned?"

"The hearthstone...might be with the girl, take it if you want. It is abandoned because it was a part of the dead city below.

Kira looks at her. "More importantly, what is so special about this girl? Is she someones child?"

"I told you. This is a private business matter. If you must know, she is related to someone very important. Who, however, I cannot divulge. The passageway leading to where you can locate her is in the Nighthammer district."

"I suppose we can just ask her when we meet her." Sin shrugged before looking at the others, "Any more questions you want to ask?"

Nimademe
2012-11-22, 03:19 AM
Seeing the negotiations take place in front of him, Helvetica managed to understand the key words of importance uttered during them. Catching the attention of his vassal, he gestured for her to give him the promisary note that she received.

Kira blinks a moment Why? he can see the questioning look in her face.

"Hel, if you even think about shredding the not to pieces because of your pride, I'm going to run you through with my sword repeeatedly." Sin warned, placing a hand on the sword sheathed on his right side. Requiem was covered in bandages and placed on his back, ready to be drawn.

"Hierarch, translate from Riverspeak to Skytongue so I can speak to my vassal." The language barrier was a heavy and immediate problem, and he'd rather ask the woman with keen senses for translation than Ellassah. At least he would be assured that his words wouldn't be mangled.

"I'll do my best, I suppose,"

"I require the note to fulfill our agreement with the Hierarch." He looked at Kira instead of Artemisia while saying this, remembering to add something else onto the end immediately. "It won't be destroyed or used for petty reason."

The Heirarch relays this info to the group.

Kira looks at him. "This is a huge request you know. A favor from the guild is not something one just tosses to a whim"

"You just said any PETTY reason which considering your personaality may mean that it is one dinar too low. If you even think about ripping it we'll see how your thick hide can cope with the first seven katas of the Violet Bier of Sorrows." Sin growled, gripping his hand on the handle of his sword.

"I understand the value." He completely ignored the threats Sin was making at him, not even giving the slightest amount of notice to the man gripping his sword.

The heirarch is angry. "Hands off your weapons! out of my office if you can't behave like a normal person!"

Sin looked at the Hierarch cooly before taking his hand off his sword. "My apolgiegies for losing my temper. If it pleases you, I shall begin lookioking for Arvia." Sin replied evenly. He tilted his head down as a sign of of minor respect, "Thank you for your time."

"Stay, Sin."

"My time here is better spent searching for Arvia. I hold no forte for the political field of battle, my blade only rends flesh and bone, not words and negotiations. I will begin the search alone so as to not hinder any of you.

"Stay."

"Only my lord can order me around, Helvetica." Sin replied cooly, "And you are not him."

"There is no benefit to be gained from straying."

It's the Hierarch's decision in the end," Sin stated, looking at her, waiting for her response.If she orders me to leave, there is nothing I can do to resist, lest I risk negating the deal in its entirety.

"i would prefer you begin what i'm paying you to do. I don't really understand the confusion. I'm paying you as a group, and the favor can only be redeemed by whoever holds the note."

And so she has spoken.." Sin replied, "Kira is more level-headed than you. Now then, I will be off." and with that Sin leaves for tthe Nighthammer District, ready to begin the search. Besides, he worked better alone anyway.fot t

Kira looks down at the note. She realizes the weight of giving this to hel. She looks into his eyes. Do you really know what you are doing?

Helvetica nodded.

Kira sighs knowing she will be losing something either way, and the man is helping her. She supposed an Exalt could always somehow earn another favor from the guild. she hands the paper to him.

The paper was neither ripped or destroyed, Helvetica rolling it up and inserting it into the pouch where he kept his money. "Good work." She had performed admirably in her negotiations, and all that remained was for them to uphold their end of the bargain.

"Hierarch, supply a guide to Nighthammer." As he said that, he dashed out the door to catch up with Sin. His speed as one of the Full Moon was superior, and it wasn't likely the man was dashing at full speed.

Kira's hair suddenly swept to the side like a passing wind had caught her blinks, then sighs, she bows again to the heirarch and says "We will return when we have the girl. Again thank you for this opportunity." and she quietly makes her way out of the room, really hoping that Helvetica knows what he is doing.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-22, 04:21 AM
Helvetica quickly caught up to Sin, the Lion Loyalist seeing the glint of his red eyes and cape as he was intercepted by the younger man. Sin growled as the sudden gust by the Full-Moon’s arrival nearly pushed his hood off his head, holding it down quickly.

“I assume negotiations are over?” Sin asked, ”That would be the only reason why you are here right now.”

”Mere seconds, Sin.” Helvetica didn’t make any threatening postures, not a single growl in his regal voice. ’I am here to reclaim my ally.”

”Our alliance still remains. I was simply removing myself from an environment that my presence would only hurt. I work better on the field than in the courts.”

”Then you should have waited outside the door.” Helvetica had a small smile on his face, though this one seemed to be more insulting than anything else. ”Tasks shall be approached as a group, whether in the fields or courts.”

Sin looked at Helvetica with a resigned expression, one that conveyed sorrow and weariness, ”You... You don't have any clue what I am, do you?” he asked. There is no anger or frustration, only empty resignation.

”I do not care.” The type of person his allies and vassals were mattered little, only their skill and how they could work alongside each other. ”You are my ally, stand by my side.”

”Nothing matters more.”

Sin chuckled, a dark bubbling sound within his throat. It grew slowly louder and louder in volume before it became a chilling and haunting sound as he began to laugh, almost to the point of insanity. People stared at him before quickly running away, desperate to get away from him. ”Y-You honestly have no clue what I am, do you?” Sin repeated, his unstable laughing mirth sending a shiver down Helvetica’s spine.

Helvetica had been humbled by the Great Hound Tamuz himself, a small fit of laughter was nothing to his psyche. ”My ally.” He repeated his own words as well, despite any darkness surrounding them.

”My kind... we can only kill. We hold no place in the light, we shun it for it is everything that we could have been before we fell.” Sin chuckled once more, before pulling back his hood. Sin’s face was surprisingly youthful, around 18 years of age but depsite this, his eyes were haunted and completely empty. He pulled back the bandages over his mouth, revealing horrible tatoos, curses written in Old Realm. Rape, Genocide, Corruption, DEATH. ”Tell me, have you ever heard of the village known as Nyx?”

”I have not.”

”Good, you shouldn’t have. The people there could barely call themselves human. After all, what human would brand a ten year-old with all the sins of the world?” Sin pulls down the neck of his cloak, revealing grotesque depictions of countless sins and crimes against humanity. It’s enough to make Helvetica’s gut wretch.

And again the tyrant doesn’t flinch away from the words spoken, or the sight laid bare before him. ”The sins of the world?” He examined the tattoos with a discerning eye, comparing them to the ones branded permanently upon him with the silver of the moon.

”The villagers of Nyx believed that everybody was good at heart. The only way they could get rid of sin was to push every single sin imaginable onto a single person and then punish them as the source of all evil in the world.”

”The world is not small.” The smile on the tyrant widened, even giving way to a small amount of laughter. ”You survived hardship, carrying the weight of thousands on your shoulders. That is the strength of a tyrant! Though I carry many sins, they are part of me. Why would I falter at a paltry fraction of them?”

”Your sins are your own, you took them upon your own volition.” Sin replied simply, ”Tattoos like the ones I showed you are branded on every square inch of my body. I was spat upon, punished for things I did not choose, things that people committed simply because they wouldn’t be blamed for it. I was punished for every single crime committed for seven years of my life.

”Nobody asked me, I had no choice. Why do you think I am loyal to my lord? He gave me choice to escape and live or die free. Nobody had ever done that to me before. I was beaten to an inch of my life on a daily basis, I was treated as if I was the most vilest of demons to have ever existed. Even worse than the Anathema, at least the Hunt will kill them rather than torture them for thousands of years.

”In the end, I hold nothing within my heart or soul. I am only an avatar of death now by my choice, the only choice I was given in my life.”

”Then as long as you are my ally, I will shoulder your burden.” Helvetica put his arm on the shoulder of the dark man, no hesitation or shaking involved in his movement. ”The weight of those endless sins are a feather to a tyrant.”

”Stand beside me.”

Sin laughed knocking Helvetica’s hand off his shoulder, ”Again with the arrogance! Again with that thrice-damned naivety! You are the moon, and I am the black sun. My burdens define who I am, I will not let anyone take that away from me. You are the light, untouched by corruption and you still able to cling onto that single child-like belief. I am tainted and corrupted, broken by the weight of the ages. You are the moon, and I am the Dusk. A black sunburst bursts into being upon his brow, nobody but Helvetica is able to see it. It begins to weep tears of blood as the tattoos on Sin’s body beginning to glow red. ”I am an avatar of death, let my soul drown in blood so that others won’t have to.” There are no further words, Sin simply puts his hood back on as he walks towards the alley where Arvia was located. No words are necessary.

Another gust of wind fills the area as Sin is intercepted again, the smile on the face of the Red Moon having gotten wider. ”You understand nothing! Your sins and darkness are your resolve!” He pounded his fist to his chest as an added gesture. ”Why weep for what gives you strength? I’ve spilled the blood of many, and it has brought me onto this path! He was nearly shouting at this point, passion in his words that usually didn’t show in his even voice. ”Has the darkness blinded one who sees in the dark?”

”I’ve forgotten how to cry,” Sin states, ”I do not mourn for myself, for it is a waste of time and energy. I exist in the dark and I shall stay there solely for the purpose of keeping others out. I will not wallow in self-pity, nor shall I admit weakness. Now leave me be, we need to go get Arvia.”

”Well spoken! /We/ need to finish the task, it will not be accomplished by you alone.”

”That was the original agreement, was it not? I have no intent on changing it. The deal was struck and everybody is involved, it cannot be changed.”

”If you understand, then we shall rejoin our comrades and depart together.”

Sin nodded before turning back towards the rest of the approaching group. No further words needed to be said, but it seems that Helvetica just got a little more annoying to him. He had a good heart though, a rarity in this decaying world.

Having succeeded in retrieving his ally, Helvetica was pleased that it didn’t have to come to blows. Wounds before battle would suit both of them badly, but all that mattered was the result and the continued completion of his group. With the note of favor in his pocket and his group ahead of him, the path onwards looked well paved.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-22, 04:47 PM
Kira, not being nearly as fast as the full moon, pants a bit as she catches up. Despite her Exaltation and her own skills, she did not have the endurance training of the others. She looks up and seeing the two having not killed eachother, or torn up the town, she lets out a relieved smile.

Prinny Squad
2012-11-22, 05:09 PM
Karina strolled nonchalantly out shortly after Kira"Sheesh, good to see you two managed to avoid killin' each other then. Didn't have to be explainin' to the guards why there's a ****ton of blood right outside a Guild hall. Woulda played hell with any chance of getting other jobs." Karina laughed.

Ralasha
2012-11-22, 06:23 PM
Shieldmaiden picks Kira up in such a way that kira is using her left arm as a chair, and keeps her from falling with her right. "You need not run child. If they decided to kill each other, I promise, I would at least have said they shouldn't."

Kell_tamer
2012-11-22, 07:09 PM
Kira squirms her way down. "Hey, just because I'm a kid doesn't mean you gotta treat me like one. I am still Exalted you know."

Ralasha
2012-11-22, 09:42 PM
Maiden takes on a chiding tone: "If you do not wish to be treated like one, then do not complain like one. You hear none of us complaining of our difficulties. If you behave the same, I will treat you... mostly... the same."

Kell_tamer
2012-11-22, 10:15 PM
"I was catching my breath. How is that complaining?" She looks pensively at the Solar. "...And what do you mean 'mostly'?"

Nimademe
2012-11-22, 10:18 PM
"Kira has proved herself admirably, to treat her as less than an equal is insulting to both her and me." For a child with their own experiences and their own steel resolve, they deserved to be treated as one would act with any nobility. Not that Helvetica acted any better to nobles, but acting like Kira didn't have her own path and needed to be coddled was a mistake. He also avoided mentioning that Sin had complained heavily about his difficulties, not wishing to lower the face of his ally.

"Onward to Nighthammer."

Ralasha
2012-11-23, 01:02 AM
"By mostly, I mean that I will try very hard. Though I may not think of you as an adult. Be patient with me, would you? I am used to children. Not Exalted children."
She turns to Hel. "You, I will treat you no differently than anyone else I dislike. If it comes to my life or yours, I will choose mine. Kira being a child, regardless of her exalted nature has an advantage over the rest of you in this. Since in any situation requiring such a choice I will choose hers. Regardless of her view on the matter." She then turns back to Kira. "And that is what I mean by mostly. However, do note. If you do something stupidly childish, I will tan your hide like I would any child. If a child sets my house on fire, I teach them not to. If an adult sets my house on fire, I kill them. I will not be treating you like everyone else in our little group."
"Besides... I like holding children. For some reason I usually terrify them."

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-23, 02:14 AM
"With a temper like that, it's hard not to see why." Sin said dryly, "When you and Helvetica were going to fight, I was worried about having another Wyld Hunt chasing us. I had to kill everybody the last time that happened, and it was NOT pleasant."

Ralasha
2012-11-23, 02:15 AM
Shieldmaiden smiles grimly, but in a manner suggesting she is enjoying a form of excitement. "Perhaps, when we get out of this town, we will have a chance to see how good you are. Should be fun, yes? I promise to try not to kill you."

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-23, 02:19 AM
Sin sighed in resignation, "The Solars were always the ones filled with hubris and arrogance. That was why the Solar Deliberative fell, because they let their power corrupt their minds and consciences." Sin stated, " You DO remember the monstrocities that we committed before the Usurpation, do you not?"

Kell_tamer
2012-11-23, 02:23 AM
Kira seeing the other two talking, but still not understanding just sighs and catches up to Hel. She walks along side of him, content to just take a minute to enjoy the surroundings.

Ralasha
2012-11-23, 02:26 AM
"Not particularly. I only remember a bit here or there from the first age. I also know that... the enjoyment of performing challenging acts is not a thing that is evil in itself. It is what such acts are enjoyed, and in what ways. I am a barbarian, I enjoyed fighting before my exaltation. There is no reason I should stop, nor is there any reason it should cease being enjoyable. I do not however, enjoy killing. I get... rather horribly sick when that happens. Even when necessary. Call me a monster if you like."
Shieldmaiden, noticing Kira's exasperation, tells her exactly what the two were talking about.

Nimademe
2012-11-23, 02:28 AM
"Wise decision." Walking around the area beside Kira, he contemplated the location they were heading towards. He left his allies to argue amongst themselves, perhaps butting heads with each other would smoothen out their personalities. "A shame we cannot understand each other, though it doesn't matter much."

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-23, 02:32 AM
Sin looked relieved, "It would be better if you didn't remember. The things we committed during that time were what gave the the title of Anathema.

I remember one memory in particular: One Zenith Musician decided to make a instrument... that made music from the screams of people being tortured within the actual instrument. Not one of Solars condemned her for it. Hell, some people asked if she could make one for them." Sin looked postively murderous after he said that.

"I do not want to bring about that age again. Let time remain buried and move onto the future. The First Age is over, so let us forge the Third Age with our bloodied hands. But I would like to spar with you after this is over."

Ralasha
2012-11-23, 02:40 AM
"A better idea would be... to avoid such... horrors. We could for instance train a group of other exalts to watch and kill those that become... twisted in such a manner. Or use assassins... Along with Eclipse oath bindings."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-23, 03:47 AM
"Oh for ****s sake, could we focus at the goddamned task at end instead of you lot trying to murder each other? We've got a ****ing job to , and it isn't going on and on about some Age long over."

Ralasha
2012-11-23, 03:56 AM
Shieldmaiden continues walking, assuming no one else has stopped. "I'm sorry, have we stopped without anyone noticing? Oh, that's right, we're still on the way there. Quit your bitching. It is unnecessary. We talk, argue, it's our business. Not yours, if it bothers you, walk somewhere else."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-23, 04:43 AM
"If it interferes with the ****ing job getting done then it is absolutely my business, because it risks messing the whole goddamn thing up if you lot are at each others throats all the time."

Ralasha
2012-11-23, 04:54 AM
"We aren't at each other's throats. We are talking! So but out, fallen one!"

Prinny Squad
2012-11-23, 05:01 AM
"Whatever, I can recognize a threat when I see 'em. And there was still that **** you almost pulled back at the tavern. That, and whatever that other guys name is threatening Hel back in the office for what goddamn reason. Completely unreasonable."

Ralasha
2012-11-23, 05:57 AM
"Well, if it makes you relax a bit more... now's a good time to tell you, you're driving me towards pulling that **** now. Now, if you would please, we were in the middle of a conversation."

Prinny Squad
2012-11-23, 06:09 AM
Karina laughed."Exactly what I was talking about." She said, continuing on ahead.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-23, 11:42 AM
Kira continues forward, a sigh escaping her lips. If these were supposed to be the same kinds of heroes from the stories she heard, her mom very much left out the part where the heroes would bicker amongst each other.

While she walked she clasped her hands behind her head, and glanced at Hel. She noticed that despite being apparently a cause for a lot of the party's strife he really didn't seem all that over the top. He seemed to be quite collected in fact. She thought on this while they made their way to their destination.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-24, 10:25 PM
When you finally arrive in the Nighthammer District, the first thing you notice is the smell. Everything smells like the inside of the fireplace, and no wonder, as the street and every building surrounding it is covered with dark grey ash.

You were told to find a copper foundry that was controlled by the guild. It is located near the center of the district, right next to a large pond used by many of the factories and foundries in the area as a source of cooling water.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-24, 11:49 PM
As Kira approaches, she decides taking chances wouldn't be a good idea. Pausing just a moment to adjust her essence flows from around her, creating a minor breeze in the air as it enters through her, she attunes to the very earth at her feet, and suddenly nothing moving along the ground escapes her senses. After a couple of seconds she continues moving forward to keep pace with her circle.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-25, 12:17 AM
Sin frowned as he looked around him. The very place smell of soot and although it wasn't unpleasant, it was extremely obvious. His instincts began to go off in rapid succession as he registered that something was off. Quickly scanning, he shaped his essence. He sent some to his daiklave as it began to stir with power and he used a single mote to focus himself, sending out his senses outwards. The black caste mark appeared on his forehead, glowing an ominous black.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-25, 12:50 AM
While at first you suspect foul play, a nearby worker comes up to you. "You folks seem a bit out of place, can i help you find something?" He wipes his hands on his blackened leather apron and smiles. He is thin, yet muscular like he spends a lot of time doing heavy labor. His hands have calloused over from years of working with rough materials.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-25, 01:51 AM
Kira steps up to the man and shakes his hand in greeting. She has a warm smile on her face which may put him at ease around the present Anathema. "Good day sir, actually my friends and I could use your help. We're looking for a way to get into the abandoned manse below the city. We have lost someone down there and wish to find them." Though her recent essence expenditure was from the world around her, her anima wasn't in flux and in her grip he probably felt a refreshingly cool breeze from around her, probably a welcome change from the furnaces that likely blackened his clothing with what is presumably soot and ash.

Nimademe
2012-11-25, 03:18 AM
Helvetica looked around as they arrived at Nighthammer, black snow falling from the sky that he hadn't seen before in his life. Even normal snow was admittedly rather rare for him, having lived for most of his life in the southern part of Creation. Noticing the black mark on the head of Sin and the windy breeze coming from around Kira, he was reminded that his vassals and allies were exalts. Briefly considering the chances of five exalts converging in one place, he brushed it from his mind and listened to Kira speak.

Ralasha
2012-11-25, 04:57 AM
Maiden glances about with interest, seeming curious about the going-ons.

Prinny Squad
2012-11-25, 05:20 AM
Karina also looked around with interest; most of this was new to her, having spent very little time outside of the East, where such industry was extremely uncommon.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-26, 01:45 AM
While there are men and women hustling about from place to place, not many of them are actually saying anything. They're just going about their business. Most of the noises you hear are the clanking of metal and orders barked inside the buildings around you. The man in front of you places a hand on the back of his neck. He seems relaxed by Kira's presence. "well, I can't be certain, but i believe there is a copper foundry with underground access. Right over there, in fact." He points over his shoulder at one of the taller buildings in the immediate area. "You could try them, but they're guild owned, so you may have some difficulty getting in. Anyway, I've spent enough time chatting with you lot. It was nice to take a break and meet some new folk, but I got to get back to work."

Ralasha
2012-11-26, 09:40 AM
"Have a good day." Shieldmaiden immediately begins making her way to the building.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-26, 10:55 AM
Kira gives the man a polite bow, and thanks him for his assistance. She follows the others toward the copper foundry he spoke of. Having never been in one, she keeps her feet on the ground just so nothing can sneak up on her.

Nimademe
2012-11-26, 12:56 PM
Helvetica advanced alongside the party, not much to say or comment on with their path being directly paved ahead of them.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-26, 01:33 PM
Sin followed the rest of the circle as well, he hand resting on his Daiklave as he scanned his surroundings. Rarely did his instinct fail him so he was on high alert for whatever event should arise. Anything that would endanger him and the circle would be cut down by his blade.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-11-28, 07:31 PM
The circle continues on to the building indicated by the worker. It appears on the outside to be a four story, brick and stone factory. You can hear the workers inside, the roaring of furnaces. When you walk up to it and touch the door, you can feel incredible heat that should almost be overwhelming to an average mortal. The workers inside have built up a tolerance to the extreme conditions over years, or have otherwise quit. Above the door is the guild symbol.

Ralasha
2012-11-28, 07:36 PM
Maiden, having already reached the door unchallenged, opens it and steps inside.

Kell_tamer
2012-11-28, 07:43 PM
Kira follows along into the building. She looks around having never been in a building like this before, and she feels somewhat out of place. She presses on however because how she feels isn't important.

Solaris Requiem
2012-11-28, 08:35 PM
Sin keeps watch, scanning the place for any hostile intent, his caste mark hidden under his hood as he follows the rest of the circle through the new building.

Nimademe
2012-11-28, 11:29 PM
As with earlier, there wasn't much to do but advance.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-12-01, 12:24 AM
You open the doors to the foundry and a blast of hot air hits you. Your entrance causes a handful of workers to stop and look up and quickly go back to work.

Giant glowing vats of molten, unrefined copper hang in the air in a few sections of the one giant room that takes up most of the building. Furnaces glow as workers tend to them and keep them white hot. A foreman stands on a platform on the second level of the catwalks that criss-cross the room, barking orders over the noise of the furnace. "Oy! you!" he singles out a small group of workers, "Keep it hot! Furnace number three is getting low!"

Kell_tamer
2012-12-01, 12:59 AM
A bit of unease in her as she makes her way in, Kira glances up every few seconds, wary of the suspended vats. She had no idea how an Exalt would handle being either crushed or boiled alive, and she frankly had no desire to test it out. Keeping her wits about her she moved forward.

Nimademe
2012-12-01, 09:04 AM
The heat didn't bother Helvetica at all, the blaze of the south under the sun hotter than this at times. He wondered exactly what these vats would be used to make, the thought that every drop of metal here would go into making swords warmed his heart. "Impressive production."

Prinny Squad
2012-12-01, 04:06 PM
"Goddamn, yeah. So ****ing hot though"Karina replied. The heat was bothering her; she'd never experienced anything this warm back home.

Kell_tamer
2012-12-01, 11:59 PM
Still keeping wary, but realizing directions may help, Kira approaches the man who appears to be in charge. "Excuse me sir, my companions and I are looking for a way to get into the abandoned manse below the city, we are looking for someone who got lost down there. We were told there's a way in through this foundry. Would there be any way you could point us in the right direction?" The small farm girl looks particularly out of place in the dangerous foundry, though the light breeze around her betraying her Exalted nature should set the foreman more at ease than were she just some grubby child come in to bother them.

Solaris Requiem
2012-12-02, 04:18 PM
Sin remained vigilant, watching the surroundings for anything or anybody suspicious.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-12-06, 04:31 PM
The man wipes his forehead. "Sure. Word was sent ahead that we'd be seeing you. You're trying to get under the city?"

Ralasha
2012-12-06, 04:32 PM
"Yes." Shield maiden gives a nod of her head. "We already said that, so do you think you could show us how to get there?"

GoblinGilmartin
2012-12-06, 05:07 PM
"Yeah, yeah, sure. In the back there's a door to an older area of the foundry that we hardly ever use. Just go through the back and you'll find a vent shaft that we use sometimes to clear away slag. That'll take you right down."

Kell_tamer
2012-12-06, 05:10 PM
Kira gives a polite bow and thanks the man. She begins making her way to the door.

Ralasha
2012-12-06, 05:11 PM
Shieldmaiden steps to the door, but doesn't open it immediately, instead choosing to wait a moment.
"So, possible trap, who wants to check it out?"

Kell_tamer
2012-12-06, 05:15 PM
Kira looks up at Shieldmaiden. "Why would they trap it? He even said his own people use the door themselves, doesn't seem like the smartest idea to make your workers go through obstacle courses just to do their jobs."

Ralasha
2012-12-06, 05:20 PM
Shieldmaidens patience, apparently nearing it's end, shows itself in her tone. "We've been hired by an organization. One I might point out, which is not disliked by the empire. To do a job, which to me, at least, seems too good. We have encountered absolutely no obstacles on the way here, and, I would like to point out, that a trap is not necessarily as you are thinking. In example, if I were to wait on the other side of this door, in order to ambush the group with several others alongside me, that is also a trap. And, I would like to point out, not one the workers are likely to trigger. I suspect a trap. Can someone try to tell if there are people on the other side? By, oh, I don't know, listening perhaps?"

Kell_tamer
2012-12-06, 05:25 PM
"Your fixation on pointing things out aside, I do think you are being a bit paranoid." Kira pushes past her and opens the door. "Besides if someone were waiting to stab us on the other side the ground below my feet would tell me first."

Ralasha
2012-12-06, 05:27 PM
"Arrogant child! You think everyone needs stand on the floor? I myself can cling to a wall, and if I'm not touching the ground, let us say I hang from the ceiling above, what will your precious floor tell you then? If I were your mother I would paddle your behind!"

Solaris Requiem
2012-12-06, 05:28 PM
"A trap does not need to be set to go off when someone enters the room." Sin stated, "Why rely on a mechanism when they can trigger it themselves the moment we walk in. Look around us," Sin gestured at the boiling copper hovering all around them. "All it takes is a single wrong move and we will be buried beneath molten metal. One does not need to set a trap when we're already IN one."

Kell_tamer
2012-12-06, 06:20 PM
She glances back at shieldmaiden, suddenly realizing she may have overstepped a bit. "Woah, i didn't mean to come off as arrogant, seriously I thought you knew about what I could do. you've been Exalted longer and i figured you'd know what my powers were. As for the paranoid comment, I just don't understand why the guild would go to that much trouble, when they could have planned much simpler traps that cost them less."

Ralasha
2012-12-06, 06:41 PM
"Again, this could be called an accident, if it were to fail, after all, as you just said, why prepare an expensive traps when a simple one will do? I may know some, but not nearly everything, I don't know what anyone other than myself is capable of. I merely know where the approximate limits lie."

Prinny Squad
2012-12-06, 07:42 PM
Karina rolls her eyes and cautiously advances ahead, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

Nimademe
2012-12-06, 09:45 PM
"Traps are indirect attacks, walking into them without fear is the mark of either the strong and brave or weak and prideful." Helvetica walked forward without paying much attention to his surroundings, mostly looking at the movement of burning hot liquid metal.

Ralasha
2012-12-06, 09:50 PM
"I tend to think more along the lines of walking into them unprepared the mark of fools."

Nimademe
2012-12-06, 10:00 PM
"You need preparation to face a single challenge from an enemy?" Helvetica allowed himself a small laugh. "Living cautiously in fear of what lies across the corner isn't living at all."

Ralasha
2012-12-06, 10:02 PM
"Yet another fool's remark. Caution is not fear. Caution is a mark of wisdom. Fear is the mark of a coward."

GoblinGilmartin
2012-12-07, 02:47 PM
Karina advances into the next room past the arguing exalted. This room looks much like the previous one, except many of the lights are out due to lack of use. The only significant light sources in the room are the furnaces as well as tops of the suspended vats of molten copper, covering the ceiling with pools of warm light. The vent indicated by the foreman is in the far corner of the room near the end of the furnaces.

Kell_tamer
2012-12-07, 03:55 PM
Kira not understanding what the others are now saying, follows Karina into the chamber.

Ralasha
2012-12-07, 03:56 PM
Shieldmaiden stays close behind Kira. Ready to spring into action.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-12-23, 12:16 AM
The flickering light from the furnaces causes the shadows around the edges of the room to dance, the ambient heat is bearable, and not uncomfortably slow. as you advance through the room, you find the shaft. a metal slope connects the run-off to a hole big enough for three men shoulder to shoulder, and so deep you can't see the bottom from the darkness.

Ralasha
2012-12-23, 08:31 AM
"If this area is never used... why are the furnaces running?" She begins her descent.

Kell_tamer
2012-12-23, 04:37 PM
"Make yourself glow. It'll help us see." Kira picks up one of the old tools in the area and drops it into the hole to listen and make sure there's solid ground beneath them.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-12-24, 08:42 PM
after a single second passes, a clatter is heard down at the bottom.

Kell_tamer
2012-12-24, 10:19 PM
Kira being smart enough to know that's not a very long fall opts not to activate her anima and waste the precious essence, and instead just hops down.

GoblinGilmartin
2012-12-25, 08:48 PM
You hop down into the dark pit. One thing you didn't count on was a bend in the tunnel, and you almost crack your head on it. At the last moment, you make yourself into a ball, reducing your surface area and getting you safely further. you continue to roll down the slope which was much longer than it seemed. It actually pulls up into being almost flat, then continuing on for some distance and sloping back down. You feel that, while you made it this far, it might be safer for the rest of the circle to make their descent a little slower.

Kell_tamer
2012-12-25, 08:53 PM
Kira stands up and dusts off then turns back to the hole."LOW BRIDGE!"

Ralasha
2012-12-26, 07:16 AM
Maiden, having already begun her climb down, watches Kira tumble past, and snickers.

Prinny Squad
2012-12-26, 12:45 PM
Karina followed cautiously after Maiden. "Yeah, I don't like it. Seems weird for them to waste resources keepin' 'em going like that."

Ralasha
2012-12-26, 12:46 PM
"I think it's the trap I was expecting." She shrugs. "We'll find out I guess."

Kell_tamer
2012-12-26, 03:02 PM
Kira rolls her eyes as the words echo down to her. "Fine line between caution and paranoia...", she mutters under her breath. She feels around for a wall to lean up against.

GoblinGilmartin
2013-01-03, 12:29 AM
Once the circle is in the shaft: The earthen walls feel almost like a tomb, especially as the stone path descends around the shaft circumference. The air below is cool and breezy, hinting at a larger cave system. Suddenly the air above your head warms, then becomes stiflingly hot, and the shaft starts to brighten noticeably. As you look up, you see liquid copper spill over the shaft’s lip, coming straight for you!

Solaris Requiem
2013-01-03, 02:35 AM
"Just as I thought," Sin growled, already making his way through the tube. The Silken armor that he bore on his body added friction, allowing him to slide down the tube, escaping the liquid metal barely as he quickly slid out of the tunnel, his feet skidding on the dirt as he slowed his fast descent.

"You wanted a reason why the metal was still running? Well, now you have one."

Ralasha
2013-01-03, 03:27 AM
"I told you, stupid child!" Seeing the girl take off, Shieldmaiden begins running as quickly as she can down through the tunnel. "And no, I didn't want a reason, I already knew! But no! Stupid children know better, and this couldn't possibly be what they planned. This is why I don't like Arrogant people."

Kell_tamer
2013-01-03, 07:06 PM
Kira using the glow to provide sight for the area runs along up the wall, using her natural dexterity, and springs up to a higher jump using her essence to activate her anima power, and slow her descent over the slag, and the rather irate solar. Putting a great bit of distance between herself and the hole she takes her boomerang and slams its jade body into the ground broadside, creating a barrier behind her preventing the slag from catching up to her from behind.

"Then don't work with me. Not like i bound you to help me."

Nimademe
2013-01-03, 10:31 PM
Helvetica hops off the ladder and falls straight down, his cape billowing as he rapidly falls towards the ground. For a moment it seems that he hovers in the air and slows, but it was likely just a trick played on the eyes. "Could barely be called a trap." He even took the time to adjust his cape before moving out of the way, nodding at the respectable effort made to try and kill him.

GoblinGilmartin
2013-01-06, 11:37 PM
Everyone, through their own methods manages to escape the Burning hot metal and slag. The circle is down and safe past the bend of the tunnel.

Solaris Requiem
2013-01-06, 11:49 PM
Sin dusted himself off. "With that out of the way, are we ready to advance? I doubt we can afford to waste our time here any longer."

Kell_tamer
2013-01-07, 12:24 AM
Kira plucks her boomerang from the ground and replaces it in the sleeve on her back. She waits for the others to catch up, before continuing along with them.

Ralasha
2013-01-07, 04:33 PM
Shieldmaiden slows her pace, but continues moving. "Our air supplies are now limited, assuming that there is limited airflow. Yes, we should keep walking, and keep talking to a minimum."

Kell_tamer
2013-01-07, 09:12 PM
Kira stifles a laugh at hearing that, and positions herself next to Hel. She nudges him and points to each other and with a slight nod and smirk begins taking ridiculously deep breaths.

Solaris Requiem
2013-01-07, 09:36 PM
Sin watches the exchange with an even eye as he begins to advance forward as well, awaiting all that they may come across. Be it friend or foe, he will strike down all that attack his comrades. After all, he was the Dusk, a harbinger of the end.

Nimademe
2013-01-08, 12:27 AM
Kira stifles a laugh at hearing that, and positions herself next to Hel. She nudges him and points to each other and with a slight nod and smirk begins taking ridiculously deep breaths.

"All the air belongs to me." Helvetica responded with a small smile and laugh, before breathing in even deeper than Kira and exhaling with loud bursts.

Ralasha
2013-01-08, 12:33 AM
Maiden turns and looks at them, her calm and soft smile looking very worn. "Fine." She pulls out her sword, and points it at the two of them. "Go ahead, I'll take the rear. The ignorant child, and the buffoon can lead the way. Also Kira darling, so much for paranoia, it was a trap. Keep pushing, just like the barbarians did. Everyone's patience has limits. I will teach you respect over my knee, even if your parents obviously don't know the word." For an instant before she apparently regains control, her features seem to contort. Though her voice is once again cheerful, her expression now looks more like a mask than an actual expression of emotion. "Chop chop, go go."

Kell_tamer
2013-01-08, 01:08 PM
Kira rolls her eyes "I never said there wasn't a trap, I just said you were being overly paranoid about the guild and that a trap wasn't likely, I admit I was wrong. You know the fact it was a trap that would have resulted in melted money makes it less likely that it was the guild, Taking a loss in the money they gave us also the money they'd have to spend recovering the silver and the copper which given the size of this building is a valuable resource, even after our gear that managed to survive was sold would still result in a net loss means it was someone else and not them. Now I'm not saying it wasn't them, I'm saying given the evidence it likely wasn't them so if i am wrong then whatever scream it in my face a second time. That said if it was them then the guild is a gods damned joke because that's bad business sense. Also, air is still flowing, the slag didn't plug the hole, because liquids tend to have a hard time standing up on their own. So right now the actual best course of action is trying to figure out who has been following us and trying to impede our progress, and prepare for meeting them. Or we can just jump to your conclusion go on and stumble right into the next trap.""

Kira adjusts her boomerang to make it more comfortable on her back, "Now as for respect, I've learned that just because someone is my elder doesn't mean they just get my respect. Those that tried to sell my family and I into slavery for instance, no respect. A woman who's first instinct in talking to a child about a matter of something that, yes the child does not know anything of, and was merely saying what she thought based on the situation, decides the best course of action is to call her a damn moron, and proceed to dwell on it like a child, no respect. She then points at Hel "I don't even understand what he's saying and I can tell he treats me less like a child than you do and as such, he has my respect."

Ralasha
2013-01-08, 09:21 PM
Or we can just jump to your conclusion go on and stumble right into the next trap. Shieldmaiden, having not yet yelled, nor raised her voice yet, still does not, even through her entire tirade. Though her expression has chilled still further, she seems disturbingly calm compared to her eyes. "Actually, at this point my conclusion is that whatever enemy we face has been ahead of us perhaps the entire time. Else those smelting pots wouldn't have been hot and loaded, and whatever trap we may have sprung, or whoever was waiting for us, most likely would not have evaded our notice. Next, in case you hadn't noticed yet, exalted or not, you are still a child. If you are certain you wish to be treated as an adult, I will do so, right now." (Full anima display as she prepares her essence.) "Elders should be treated with respect, granted, such as those bandits do not deserve it, but I am not a bandit. I am not a murderer, I am not a thief, I am not a rapist. I am Ever Victorious Shieldmaiden. I will not be spoken to as though I were some homeless good for nothing by a wet behind the ears child too full of her newly exalted state to recognize that being exalted makes a person no better than anyone else. And that treating someone as I have been treated by you, after they have shown you kindness, sympathy, and offered you assistance is beyond insulting." Shieldmaiden opens her bag, and hands the girl the dress she had been wearing when she met her. "No one would put up with it. I will help your village, but you are on your own. I will not be demeaned. Also, it was not you I was calling a moron. " She smiles at Hel, "I cannot go back on my word. Please do your best to keep her safe, as I no longer may. I hope she proves less impudent towards yourself. Or that you yourself are at least, somewhat more level headed." She nods her head to Helvetica. "And yes, I respect you as well, even if I think you're a moron." 7 limit. Keep going for suicidal rage bar to fill up and watch limit-break unfold.

Kell_tamer
2013-01-09, 12:41 AM
Kira takes the clothing and goes off to a corner and changes back, she hands back the dress and says nothing, infuriated at being insulted repeatedly then being told she's in the wrong. Any chance Shield had of being a friend having burned up in that little tirade of hers. From this point on she was a colleague, and nothing more. She then resumes her position alongside Hel, nudges him, points to her eyes then points to the trap scene as if to say we should take a look around.

Ralasha
2013-01-09, 12:52 AM
Shieldmaiden gently pushes the proffered clothing back at the little terrestrial. "I will take your meaning to be a no. You do not wish to be treated as I would anyone else in this matter." Shieldmaiden slings her sword, and resumes her march down the tunnel, her bearing and stride both giving her an air of inexorably grim determination. She does not slow, she does not wait, she walks at a quick pace, paying little to no head to her surroundings as she goes, as though looking forward to springing the next trap.

Solaris Requiem
2013-01-09, 01:16 AM
Sin snarled in pain as he felt the Dawn's anima burn into his body. His patience was wearing thin. Although Kira was still young, now that she was an Exalt it no longer mattered. Typical Solar bigotry...
"Both of you stop your bickering! While you two debate we waste time! I do not care about either of your problems! Kira is an Exalt, not a simple child! It sickens me to treat her as such!" Sin shouted, his patience completely expended. His anima deepened in response to his sudden rage. "Now will you keep shouting at each other or shall we get something productive done?" Turning on his heels, Sin quickly moved deeper into the cavern and quickly left his group behind, advancing towards the next objective as fast as his feet could follow.

Ralasha
2013-01-09, 01:41 AM
Shieldmaiden glances over at Sin as he approaches, and keeps their pace even. "I have not, as of yet, shouted even once. While I concur that exaltation does cause her to be distinctive from other non-exalted children, I fail to see how she is not a child. She has yet to experience the full range of pains and pleasures of a full life. She does not know what it is to have children, to watch them grow, to make friends, to learn of distant and foreign things ideas and beliefs. She most likely has not played in the snow, or seen the sea. Or felt the cool winds flowing down from the mountains, fallen completely in love, or felt the embrace of a lover. There is so much she has not yet done, it angers me that she should be in such a situation. It is not right, that all of the hopes dreams and lives of her village should be piled upon her shoulders. It makes me wish to weep. You may think whatever of me you wish, but insulting her has never been a part of my intentions, nor my meanings. So kindly keep your voice calm. There is no need to shout." Maiden apparently oblivious to Sin's discomfort keeps her anima burning at full strength in order to light the way for the others behind them.

Nimademe
2013-01-09, 07:21 AM
Helvetica laughed at the situation, giving both of his vassals a passing glance. "I cannot say that foresight is my specialty, though I'll repeat what I said mere hours ago." With Sin having rushed forward and Karina keeping a constant pace, only Kira and Maiden were in his immediate area. "You would make a passable tyrant."

"Of these myriad experiences you've mentioned, how many have you experienced for yourself? My vassal has several years yet to live, they will expand their horizons at their own pace."

Prinny Squad
2013-01-09, 07:29 AM
"Well this going ****ing swimmingly " Karina muttered, mostly to herself, keeping slightly behind the group, having considered the slight possibility of someone approaching from behind. "We barely get caught in a ****ing trap and now they're arguing again". She sighed."I ****ing hope this pays well."

Ralasha
2013-01-09, 06:43 PM
"People argue, just be glad we aren't politicians or it would be worse."

Kell_tamer
2013-01-09, 11:53 PM
Kira seeing that no one is interested in investigating shrugs and sidles up to Helvetica and joins the group in moving on.

GoblinGilmartin
2013-01-10, 04:12 PM
The shaft goes onwards and subtly downwards for several long, quiet minutes. Eventually, you reach a tunnel going perpendicular to the one you are in; being much larger than it, you can assume it is the main tunnel leading to the Hollow, and there are various smaller branch tunnels leading off in every direction.

Kell_tamer
2013-01-12, 12:09 PM
Kira glances around trying to take the area in, Treading into completely unknown territory she drops to be a step and a half behind Hel in case something comes out from the front so his swords will be what they have to deal with first, and makes sure to be at least a step ahead of one of the other Exalts so she can maintain range advantage with her sky cutter in the event something attacks from behind. Her left hand clasping around the hilt of her flying blade, she keeps it at the ready as the group decides what to do.

Ralasha
2013-01-12, 01:01 PM
Maiden immediately checks the time of day (position of the sun) before continuing on downwards.

GoblinGilmartin
2013-01-12, 01:48 PM
Maiden immediately checks the time of day (position of the sun) before continuing on downwards.

While you CAN'T see the sun down in these tunnels, it hasn't been that long since you did see it, so you reckon it's late afternoon.

Ralasha
2013-01-13, 01:37 AM
Chapter 3, page 90. Core.
ANIMA EFFECTS
All castes of Solar Exalted can channel Essence directly
through their animas to generate magical effects. Every Solar
Exalted can use her caste’s anima power without special
training.
In addition, any Solar Exalt can spend a single mote of
Essence to:
• Cause her caste mark to glow brightly for a scene (as if
the character has spent 4–7 motes of Peripheral Essence).
• Cause her anima to glow brightly enough to read
by for a scene (as if the character had spent 8–10 motes of
Peripheral Essence).
• Know the precise time of day for the rest of the scene.

I spent 1 Peripheral.

GoblinGilmartin
2013-01-13, 04:23 PM
Chapter 3, page 90. Core.

I spent 1 Peripheral.

I get that, i just think you wouldn't actually need to spend essence on something that could easily be figured out. I'd have to be some kind of idiot to not get that solars couldn't know the sun anywhere.

Ralasha
2013-01-14, 03:47 AM
Exact position of the sun in reference to time of day please. If just after noon is it, good enough.

Prinny Squad
2013-01-16, 06:52 AM
"Hopefully we won't get anymore unexpected surprises..." Karina eyed the smaller tunnels. "WOuldn't put it past anyone that want's lurk somewhere like this."

Ralasha
2013-01-16, 06:54 AM
"I'm already expecting it. But if I go ahead and prepare they may lose their nerve, and I could use some violence right about now." She pauses for a moment before speaking again, more quietly. "Or a permanent nap."