PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - Shadows Unbound - Chapter 2(IC)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

BluesEclipse
2013-06-27, 11:04 PM
Lorenzo
It takes a few minutes, particularly due to his tendency to stop and look at you nervously, but Psyke finishes the can of food. You see the empty can crush itself into a flat steel disk, which continues to hover in front of the Abra.

Jacior
2013-06-27, 11:05 PM
"So." Cooper said as they were walking to the center. "You two travel in a large group I take it? You said something about having bad luck in the fighter department. What's that supposed to mean? Why do you guys need a fighter for?" He gives them a look. "And what happened to the others?"

Tybar
2013-06-27, 11:06 PM
Aron waves to them as they leave, and turns to the others. I think that battle helped me get a good grip on some of my pokemon's styles...and on how to better use some of my abilities. How about you two?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-27, 11:08 PM
Hmmmm. Lorenzo stands up, slowly. He points at the metal disk. Why don't you toss me that?

BluesEclipse
2013-06-27, 11:22 PM
Lorenzo
Psyke gives you a hesitant look - as if saying 'Are you sure?' - and on instinct, you reach up as the metal disk becomes a blur, whizzing at you at truly dangerous speed. Your training and reflexes make catching it simple, however, though Psyke looks at you fearfully - almost as if he's expecting something unpleasant.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-27, 11:28 PM
Oh good. So you can defend yourself. He mindlessly twirls the disk in his hand. What else can you do? He holds up the disk between his thumb and index finger.

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-06-27, 11:35 PM
Lorenzo
As you hold the disk up, Psyke cringes, and you see the disk practically implode on itself, forcing you to drop it. The Abra's expression seems to have gone from simple fear to outright panic.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-27, 11:41 PM
Lorenzo forced down a yelp. Settle. I wasn't going to hurt you. But you are pretty fast with that telekinesis aren't you? He sighs. Someone's hurt you in the past. And I know it will take a while before you get used to the fact I won't hurt you. How bout this. Have at me. Throw your best punch.

BluesEclipse
2013-06-27, 11:48 PM
Lorenzo
Psyke watches you, hesitantly, before standing and walking over to you. It nervously ***** its fist back before thrusting forward, the strike being little more than a tap.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-27, 11:56 PM
Lorenzo chuckles. That was just a figure of speech. Hit me as hard as you can with Telekinesis. Don't worry, I can take it.

friggin cha [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 12:06 AM
Lorenzo
Psyke looks at you nervously, before closing his eyes - and then you feel as though someone just shot a cannonball right into your stomach. The force sends you flying - you're not sure the exact distance offhand, but you find yourself landing at least 15 meters away.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 12:10 AM
Lorenzo coughs as he staggers to his feet. He can't help but laugh. Hehe good, good. How do you feel now? Feel better? He doesn't move closer, hoping to let the Abra will take charge.

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 12:12 AM
Lorenzo
You see Psyke continuing to watch you... after a moment, the Abra vanishes and reappears about 5 meters in front of you, the expression on its face one of nervous confusion.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 12:14 AM
I'll take that as a 'maybe'. You can do it again if you want. Lorenzo shifts his stance, widening his legs and lowering his center of gravity.

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 12:17 AM
Lorenzo
Psyke watches you cautiously as you set yourself, and when you nod, he closes his eyes once more - and despite your best efforts to brace yourself, you're still knocked three or four meters back by what has to be at least 300 pounds of force hitting you.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 12:22 AM
If not for the lack of air in his lungs, Lorenzo would be laughing his butt off at the moment. You have nothing to fear. Your telekinesis is incredible, you can fend off most anything wanting to harm you. How bout one more time? No way he can brace against it, Lorenzo stands prepared, more ready to reduce sudden impact then anything else.

EdroGrimshell
2013-06-28, 12:23 AM
Haruka taps her chin lightly, "well, we've encountered the Order of Eternity, nihilistic cultists bent on turning all pokemon into weapons rather than friends or partners," she starts, "met a gallade that killed everyone it was supposed to protect because of said cultists, and a really strong one of the cultists that was fighting toe to toe with Raikou, and I do mean the legendary pokemon, not a figure of speech."

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 12:37 AM
Lorenzo
You notice that the Abra seems less nervous than before - it definitely doesn't take as long for another blow to land, flinging you back once again - about 8 meters this time. Psyke appears not far from you, watching you nervously, and with more than a bit of confusion in its expression.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 12:41 AM
Lorenzo falls down in the grass, laughing. When he finally gets his breath back. Well done, well done. Come over here and sit down. Your starting to relax now aren't ya?

cha because probably [roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 12:44 AM
Lorenzo
Psyke looks at you - confused more than nervous now - and sits down where he is, watching you as if trying to figure out a puzzle.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 12:48 AM
Stumped you have I? Your a funny little Psychic. Your timid and defensive, but you pack quite a whallop. Don't feel like you need to restrain yourself.

Jacior
2013-06-28, 12:53 AM
Cooper blinks at Haruka's blunt words and rather ridiculous story. "Girlie, you've got quite a story there. I've no real reason to doubt you, but that's a little hard to believe." Despite the cautious words, Cooper sounds rather excited. This is just the kind of thing that was right up his alley. Fighting evil and doing awesome things. "Did you really see Raikou? I've always wanted to see Raikou. Actually, I've wanted to do a lot of things." He mirrors Haruka's motion and taps his own chin. "I think you people need someone like me along anyway. You're both so skinny I'm surprised that you have the strength to walk!"

It actually seems that Cooper doesn't believe the story. But it's still got him excited.

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 12:58 AM
Lorenzo
Psyke looks at you curiously, and you see it close its eyes tightly. A wave of agony assaults your mind, but beneath it, you feel sorrow. After several moments, the pain starts to dull, and you see images - an Abra being pitted against a black Gyarados, commanded to fight back despite its protests that it doesn't know how. A trainer commanding an attack - any attack - against a Scrafty, and the same Abra trying to push everything it can against the fighting-type but not being able to stop the blows from landing. The same trainer screaming at the Abra for not trying, for running from a battle - the protests that it's all he can do going unheard.

More and more images flash through your mind on an undercurrent of pain - constantly being forced into battle with the expectation of growing stronger, but not having the means to fight back. Being forced into spars with powerful Pokémon such as Zoroark and Houndoom, trying desperately to do something - anything - to stop their attacks in a battle it doesn't know how to fight, against opponents far stronger than itself.

Finally, the pain fades, and you see Psyke looking at you. Surprisingly, you feel the pain from the blows it landed lessened... though you notice the Abra holding its stomach as well, a look of shame on its face.

EdroGrimshell
2013-06-28, 01:02 AM
Haruka smiles and pulls her pokedex, then shows him that she has, in fact, scanned Raikou, "he gave us a lift to my hometown," she winks at Cooper, "he's rather friendly to those that earn his respect."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 01:03 AM
Lorenzo sniffles as he wipes away the single (manly) tear from his eye. I'm sorry. Noticing the Abra's posture. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Whats wrong with your stomach? May I see? He motions to its stomach. He noted the pattern of Dark types and stomach focus.

[roll0] Seriously I've done enough of these

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 01:09 AM
Lorenzo
Psyke moves his hands aside, and you see there's no visible injury there. A brief spasm of pain flashes through your mind, as you see an image of a Sableye, wounded, reaching out towards an opponent, and the opponent crying out in pain as the Sableye transfers some of its own wounds to its foe.

Yes, Psyke knows Pain Split.
Also, when using its Telekinesis capability, multiply the level by 20 instead of by 5 to determine the weight it can move. However, it may only use Telekinesis for up to five consecutive rounds at a time. After using Telekinesis, Psyke must wait for 10 Rounds before it can do so again.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 01:21 AM
Wait I know this. That Swalot used it on Snaggles. Thats Pain Split. ... You used Pain Split on me? You continue to impress me Psyke. Lorenzo stands up, offering a hand to the Abra. C'mon, lets go meet my friends.

Jacior
2013-06-28, 01:26 AM
Cooper gets all excited all over again. It's a peculiar sensation to watch a grown man's face light up like a child's. "Ok. You've convinced me. But what about your friends? Are they going to be ok with you inviting some stranger to travel with you?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-06-28, 01:29 AM
"We did the same with a psychic back in Lily, and with a sleepy kid from the Oracle Ruins, I don't see why they'd mind us bringing you along after we saw how well you fight."

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 01:31 AM
Lorenzo
The Abra looks at you, and walks alongside you - but doesn't accept the offered hand, still being a bit nervous. As you start moving towards the crowds of people, Psyke's Pokeball jumps into your hand, and the Abra gives you a nervous - and slightly pleading - look.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 01:32 AM
Babysteps. Alright. Will you be social with my friends though?

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 01:33 AM
Lorenzo
Psyke gives you a look that you can only interpret as 'Do I have to?', before giving a shaky nod.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 01:40 AM
You only need to say 'Hi'. Or wave. A wave will do. He returns the skiddish Abra, before heading off.

BluesEclipse
2013-06-28, 01:54 AM
You all make your way back towards the Center, finding the others within your group without much difficulty.

Esprit15
2013-06-28, 02:04 AM
Hey, Lorenzo! Jehoash flags down the acrobat.

And what did the Global Trade Fairy leave for you? Yoshi yips at the new trainer. "Lady Luck found me this friendly little guy."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 02:05 AM
An interesting Abra. I'd rather not release him unless its just the group. He's a tad shy. Well very. Very shy.

Esprit15
2013-06-28, 02:15 AM
Wow, how long have I been using the wrong color?
"Hm, that's a shame. Sure he's not just sleepy? They aren't exactly the most outgoing Pokémon normally."

Tybar
2013-06-28, 02:43 PM
Aron nods to Lorenzo. A good idea. Some pokemon just take a long time to open up around others. We met Cooper.

He indicates the well-built short man. He helped us out in a triple battle, and seems interested in traveling partners.

And congratulations on your new pokemon too Jehoash.

EdroGrimshell
2013-06-28, 03:11 PM
Haruka gives a light laugh, "I love abra, they're cute. Maybe I could help you out with the little guy?"

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 10:34 PM
Lorenzo shook his head. The little guy is really timid and it took him bitch slapping me a few times with telekinesis before he opened up with me a bit. And... he touched his stomach, which was still a bit tender. he packs quite a whallop. I dunno if you can take that.

EdroGrimshell
2013-06-28, 11:07 PM
"I think he'd be okay with me," Haruka replies, most breeders are used to dealing with shy or stubborn pokemon, my dad taught me how to handle them so as not to spook them and help calm them down if they started to get nervous, she continues before getting a playful smile, "and I can take a hit if it comes to that, I'm not that frail. At the very least I can make up some food with calming properties to help it along."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-28, 11:11 PM
Thanks but no thanks Haruka. Lorenzo's voice hardened a bit. Who's this guy? eyeing Cooper.

EdroGrimshell
2013-06-28, 11:58 PM
"Aron already introduced Cooper, he helped us out in a triple battle we had earlier, we invited him to have a bite to eat and possibly come with us, by the look of him, I'd say he's a decent fighter, wouldn't you?" Haruka asks with a smile.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-29, 12:01 AM
I haven't seen him fight so I can't honestly say. So Cooper, I'm assuming they've told you what we are up against?

Jacior
2013-06-29, 12:05 AM
Cooper waves hello to the group. "As Aron said, I'm Cooper." He smiles warmly. "The girlie here said that you guys were up against quite a number of things, though I wasn't sure to believe it at first." He chuckles at that and then clears his throat. "Well, you won't find much of a tougher guy than me. I dare you to test me any way you see fit in that matter." He looks around to see if there might be any takers, before his stomach growls.

"I was also told there would be food. Heh. Oh wait. That was already said."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-29, 12:12 AM
How bout a quick one on one battle while Haruka whips something up?

Jacior
2013-06-29, 12:16 AM
"I meant more like punch me in the face or have a pokemon attack me, but ok. I'm always up for a battle." Cooper grins. "You're pokemon would have a hard time hurting me anyway."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-29, 12:21 AM
Funny you should say that, but for another time. Lets head outside. Lorenzo quickly withdraws a pokeball from his box, heading outside.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-29, 12:29 AM
A Metang eh? Hated the last one I fought. Stikker, Bulldoze! The Flygon rocketed forward, its tail vibrating violently tearing up the ground.

[roll0] AC 2 physical Ground -1 Speed stage on hit
[roll1]

Jacior
2013-06-29, 12:36 AM
Cooper flinches himself at the attack. "With moves like that, I don't know why!" He grimaces and looks at Aldin. "You'll be ok buddy. Go, zen headbutt!"

[roll0] 4+Def, Psychic
Damage: [roll1]

Flinch on 15-20

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-29, 12:39 AM
Flinch attempt? Lemme return the favor, Bite. Stikker chomps down on the Metang's pointy nose-thingie.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Dark, Flinch 15+
[roll1]

Jacior
2013-06-29, 12:47 AM
Cooper smiles. "Need a little more than that mate. Shadow ball!" He really enjoyed battling.

[roll0] 2+Spec Def, Ghost

-1 Spec Def Combat stage on 17-20

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-29, 12:52 AM
Stikker grunts as he falls to the point blank shot. Well then. You put me in my place, welcome aboard. Now Kuji can stop whining, as Lorenzo heads back in, eats then falls asleep.

Jacior
2013-06-29, 12:54 AM
"That's my boy!" Cooper says and hugs the big metal pokemon. "Always been a good shot."

Esprit15
2013-06-29, 11:41 AM
Jehoash watches the battle quietly. When it finishes, he gives a simple "Hm." The Psychic steps towards the man, saying nothing, walking around him in what is probably way too close to Cooper's comfort zone. Cooper can feel some sort of rifling through his thoughts. "I don't trust him. Never trust a new guy. I once trusted a new guy. Turned out he was a bad new guy. It was bad. He was bad. Now he's gone. But this one looks suspicious. Look at that skin. You know who else had skin? That bad new guy." He pauses.

"...guys, I'm kidding. I'd be a hypocrite to say that bringing another person is a bad idea! Welcome aboard, Mr. Cooper!" He places his hand out in front of the man.

Tybar
2013-06-29, 12:51 PM
Shakes his head and shrugs at what all has happened, having Helios out again for the company. I think if no one needs me, I need to go shopping for a stone, and head to the library...Raikou will take extra research.

He heads out as soon as his meal is finished, making sure Cooper has his DexID in case he needs to contact him.

Purchasing an Oval Stone and handing it to Aiko. Going to use as many features as it takes to research Raikou. :)

Jacior
2013-06-29, 10:47 PM
Cooper doesn't bat an eye when the skinny man, one of the two people in the group actually shorter than him, starts circling him. "Like to get up and personal, don'tcha? I can respect that, but I'm going to have to hug you." He says with an amused smirk, before he feels the invasion into his thoughts. "Whoa! We're not that close, skinny boy. I don't care for people poking around in my head. It's why I picked up a nifty little trick that you're seeing, thinking, whatever right now." It's true that Cooper's thoughts are all about that notorious game, the bane of psychics.

He grins when Jehoash extends his hand for a shake. "I already said what happens when you get that close." Cooper says this and lunges at the skinny man, seeking to wrap him in his arms.

Esprit15
2013-06-29, 11:28 PM
The psychic is sopping wet and feels cold to the touch. "Not exactly the touchy-feely type. Um...who exactly is the man hugging me?"

Jacior
2013-06-30, 12:05 AM
"Did you just come out of a lake?" Cooper says before giving an extra-tight squeeze and letting go. "I'm Cooper, we just had this conversation. Unless we didn't, in which case: I'm Cooper and I'll be joining you in your travels." Cooper was willing to believe that psychics were a little out there. Varies from person to person.

Esprit15
2013-06-30, 12:33 AM
Jehoash grunts as he's gripped tightly. "Lake? No, not today. Not since I was near Lily, actually.

Well I know you will be joining us. Most would be a little crazy to do so, I was curious why."

KujiUn
2013-06-30, 01:23 AM
Ban quickly runs towards the group, clutching his bag. "Whew! Sorry I'm late! Oh, who's this new guy?"

Jacior
2013-06-30, 01:47 AM
"I'm saying my name an awful lot today." Cooper says and shakes his head. "My name's Cooper. And I'll be traveling with you guys from now on. Or at least for a while." He looks down at the teen as he speaks before looking back up at Jehoash. "Why? Because Haruka asked? Because I like an adventure? Because you lot are like poles with limbs? But my main reason sounds very silly to most people, so I'll keep it to myself." He winks at Lehoash.

Esprit15
2013-06-30, 01:53 AM
"Sorry, you're not my type," the Psychic retorts with a smirk.

KujiUn
2013-06-30, 01:57 AM
"Cooper! It's nice to meet you!" Ban shakes Cooper's hand. "My name's Ban."

Tybar
2013-06-30, 01:57 AM
Aron, having slipped out at some point during the awkward and clammy hug, makes his way to the library, pouring over legendary lore, Raikou in particular, origin stories, and strange weather patterns near Raikou's known locations...and where the group knew his lair to be.

Random Knowledge!
Need a 14+ (and to not roll a 1)
[roll0]

Jacior
2013-06-30, 02:27 PM
Cooper shakes the boy's hand. "Seem a little young to be traveling with a group this dangerous, Ban." He then gives the older psychic a look. "While I appreciate you might think I'd be interested, that's not even close to my reason." He grins widely and chuckles.

KujiUn
2013-06-30, 06:27 PM
"Hm... I guess. But, Esperians are tough, you know?" Ban wanders around within eyesight afterwards, looking around the area.

Esprit15
2013-06-30, 08:34 PM
Jehoash nods at Ban's comment. "That we are. The boy may look weak, but he could hold up in a fight with me."

Jacior
2013-06-30, 09:07 PM
"I haven't been to Esper in a while." Cooper says nodding. "But none of you look like you're much in a fight. I mean, I know psychics fight different, but you guys look so fragile. Need to eat more!"

Esprit15
2013-06-30, 09:25 PM
A spark of flame forms in Jehoash's hand. "We do. Making matter do things it would much rather not though takes a good deal of energy.You know how much energy it takes to turn just a kilogram of water into ice? About seven hundred twenty food calories. To summon a Surf? A hell of a lot more, and lets not even start on fire."

EdroGrimshell
2013-06-30, 09:39 PM
"Considering I'm a chef that's not a problem," Haruka says, bringing out a few dishes for everyone to eat, "I make energy drinks that let us last longer in a fight. Which is a good thing for our psychics here. I'm also very good with berries," she indicates her planter, "as you can probably tell."

And BERRY SEARCHES
Healer (DC 15)
[roll0] ; [roll]1d10[roll]
[roll1] ; [roll]1d10[roll]

Flavor (DC 15)
[roll2] ; [roll]1d5+10[roll]
[roll3] ; [roll]1d5+10[roll]

Rare (DC 20)
[roll4] ; [roll]1d6+58[roll]
[roll5] ; [roll]1d6+58[roll]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-04, 02:38 AM
Aron
You make your way to the library, and begin looking for information relating to Raikou. You refresh what you already know and pick up a few other useful bits of information.

Raikou, known as the Soul of Freedom, is said to be the incarnation of freedom. Born from the fury of the storm that is said to have heralded the creation of the world as it is now, Raikou's power manifests in thunder and lightning. Raikou's mere presence is capable of creating a powerful thunderstorm, and the lightning strikes that naturally occur within it are quite hazardous to anything unfortunate enough to be caught airborne within it.

Being one of the pinnacle electric types, Raikou is greatly strengthened by his own element, though like all electric types he holds a weakness to Ground attacks. Despite this, however, it is rare for anyone to defeat Raikou in battle due to his raw power. In addition to the potent electric attacks the Soul of Freedom wields, this legendary beast is said to be capable of calling down lightning with its roar, allowing it to strike far more swiftly than most Pokémon. Its speed is phenomenal, outpacing nearly anything in existence - individuals who have faced Raikou in the past have reported that even striking a blow on the great creature is a difficult task.

One noteworthy passage from an older text reads as follows: To best the Soul of Freedom's might, chain down the stormcaller ere you fight. One chain shall set to bind the storm, another shall hold true his form. Hold fast and true 'gainst Freedom's wrath, and victory shall end your path.

Everyone
After spending a bit more time conversing and getting to know Cooper, you all retire for the night. The morning comes, and you all gather at the Center again, ready to depart Cosmos for Orchid City.

The trip to Orchid will take 2 days. That said, if you want to do individual wild hunting, speak up - if not, that's cool.

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-04, 11:14 AM
Before leaving for Orchid, Haruka buys a second Lure Ball. On the way to Orchid, Haruka searches (both days) for wild bug and/or ground types. She prepares and uses Bait both times.

Wild Roll 1: [roll0]
Bair Roll 1: [roll1]

Wild Roll 2: [roll2]
Bait Roll 2: [roll3]

10 or lower on Bait brings out a random pokemon, 15 or higher brings out a pokemon of a level equal to Lily's (highest leveled loyal pokemon), 20 or higher brings a pokemon that's at least five levels higher than Lily.

Additionally, Berry Searches for the Two Days

Day 1, Use 1
Healer: [roll4] ; [roll5]
Flavor: [roll6] ; [roll7]
Rare: [roll8] ; [roll9]

Day 1, Use 2
Healer: [roll10] ; [roll11]
Flavor: [roll12] ; [roll13]
Rare: [roll14] ; [roll15]

Day 2, Use 1
Healer: [roll16] ; [roll17]
Flavor: [roll18] ; [roll19]
Rare: [roll20] ; [roll21]

Day 2, Use 2
Healer: [roll22] ; [roll23]
Flavor: [roll24] ; [roll25]
Rare: [roll26] ; [roll27]

Jacior
2013-07-04, 01:15 PM
Apparently we were going to Orchid. Interesting to have a specific place in mind when leaving instead of just picking a direction and going. Before leaving, Cooper buys a LF Potion and an awakening to even out his supplies.

Wild Roll: [roll0]
Wild Roll: [roll1]

Esprit15
2013-07-04, 01:41 PM
Jehoash spends a lot of his time getting to know Yoshi, his new Eevee. Before leaving, he buys a Lucky Punch for the mon, attaching the charm to a little bit of string, like a collar.
Rolling for da wildz
[roll0]
[roll1]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-04, 09:01 PM
Lorenzo does some more work with Psyke. Mostly talking, trying to ease the guy out of his shell little by little. He does some bit of hunting while they traveled. His team was pretty full, never know what he's gonna find though. If nothing useful, he can always sell them.

[roll0]
[roll1]
le wild rolls

Tybar
2013-07-05, 11:47 AM
Aron heads to a store to pick up an Oval Stone, letting Aiko hold it. He heads off with the rest of the group after.

KujiUn
2013-07-06, 12:18 PM
Ban heads out with the group. It was time to go!

BluesEclipse
2013-07-07, 12:13 AM
You gather at the west gate of Cosmos, and make your way out along the well-travelled road to Orchid City. The first day passes rather uneventfully, and before long you find yourselves making camp for the night near the side of the road.

I'll handle your first-day individual encounters tomorrow on the pad. Feel free to do any RP and whatnot you want, I'll do the second day(and your arrival in Orchid) tomorrow as well.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-07, 12:22 AM
Lorenzo took the food he had for his mon feeding them individually. He returned them all, except Snaggles, before moving away from everyone and releasing Psyke. Helo Psyke. Feeling better?

Esprit15
2013-07-07, 12:35 AM
Yoshi and Watt were the two mons of the day who got to have fresh air as they traveled. Watt mostly sat in Jehoash's damp arms while Yoshi ran to and fro around the group. "It's rather annoying that I'm not one of those Psychics that can speak with Pokémon," he muses to Watt. "You and Yoshi can understand my words, but I can't understand yours." The Chinchou looks up at her trainer, then back at the road ahead. "Hehe, though perhaps I am projecting a bit- OUCH!" The angler Pokémon delivers a light jolt to the trainer. "I only kid, girl, you know that.

Yoshi, slow down! I think we're gonna rest for the night!" The Eevee comes back to the food giver its trainer, Lucky Punch charm bouncing against its fur. Jehoash starts unpacking his tent as some food begins to unload itself for his team.

Tybar
2013-07-07, 08:48 AM
Aron releases his pokemon and starts feeding them, sketching each one, and making sure they are feeling well. He lets them play for a while. He does make sure to keep them away from Lorenzo, remembering his friend's mention of privacy for his newest pokemon.

Jacior
2013-07-09, 12:51 AM
Cooper let's all of his pokemon out at once when it comes time for food. In addition to the pokemon that had already been seen by the group, he shows that he has a whirlipede. His pokemon mostly stay together, though his metang and bronzor seem to get in a scuffle, and his nuzleaf is often seen running around with no apparent purpose.

Cooper himself spends a lot of time muttering about super-strong Pikachu and looking at the remnants of pokeballs.

BluesEclipse
2013-07-09, 02:05 AM
The night passes uneventfully, and the next day finds you continuing on the path towards Orchid. After about an hour, you notice odd looking mushrooms scattered around the road - some red, some white, some with both colors. You get an odd feeling that you're being watched - and aside from Cooper, you all feel a faint thrumming from your shards.

Perception, please.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-09, 02:07 AM
Lorenzo tensed up. I swear if its more Natu, I'm going to have bird for dinner.

[roll0]

Esprit15
2013-07-09, 02:10 AM
You thrummed, Alis?
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-09, 02:16 AM
Haruka's eyes narrow and she reaches for her Berries.

Perception: [roll0]

Jacior
2013-07-09, 02:25 AM
"More Natu? What are you talking about?" Cooper says, looking up from his melancholy mood.

Perception: [roll0]

Tybar
2013-07-09, 08:34 AM
Aron frowns at the mushrooms, then looks down at Odin. Is everything alright?

He looks to the others. Yeah, I would prefer fewer birds this time...

Perception:
[roll0]
Random Knowledge on the mushrooms:
[roll1] (Need a 14 minimum)

KujiUn
2013-07-09, 12:41 PM
"Hm? What are these..."

[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-10, 01:54 AM
Jehoash
There's a dark presence nearby... I can't tell exactly where, but it's very near. Alis's words ring through your mind.

Aron
Before you can even look down at Odin's shard, you feel something off... a dark presence nearby, almost like a sickness in the world - something that truly doesn't belong. You can't quite pinpoint it, though. I FEEL SOMETHING NEARBY... ANOTHER OF THOSE TAINTED CREATURES... You catch Odin's words across the shard as it clicks with you - the markings and color of the mushrooms aren't like any kind of mushroom out there. They're Foongus... and at least one of them is a Shadow Pokémon...

Everyone
You all look at the mushrooms around you carefully, but Aron and Haruka are the only ones who notice the slight quivering of them, and realize that they aren't plants at all - just in time, too, as one of the mushrooms on the southern side of the path gives an angry cry. The mushroom-like Pokémon pop up, moving to attack.

BATTLE! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdENCa3VjdWxpQjdfZ2pZTXFlNE5EaFE#gid=6)

Place yourselves in the designated starting sections, select your map tags, and add whichever Pokémon you have out in the section designated for your character in the status section. If you don't have something out, don't place a Pokémon yet.

Aron and Haruka get to go now, then the enemies, then everyone else. And then we revert to normal initiative - which means trainers other than Aron and Haruka WILL get 2 actions in a row after enemies go.

And no, I'm not telling which one is the Shadow Pokémon - you'll know soon enough.

Tybar
2013-07-10, 11:17 AM
Aron mutters to himself about not letting Helios out for a walk, and releases Banafrit. Banafrit, I think you should take point on this one and start things off with a Confuse Ray, try to hit two of them!

Banafrit floats toward two of them, and emits a purple ray toward M5 and M8, catching both of them.

Guys, I'm feeling a shadow pokemon among them...try not to get hit!

Aron releases Banafrit. Assuming it is a shift action to send out one pokemon.
Banafrit uses Confuse Ray to hit M5 and M8. It cannot miss.

If letting out Banafrit is a shift action, he uses Morale Boost, boosting Speed by 1 Combat Stage to all allied pokemon within 9 squares.

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-10, 04:18 PM
Haruka glances around, "Lily, hit as many as you can," she says, giving her a packet of powder, "I'll get you some good food once this battle is over, to get rid of the taste."

Use an Herbal Booster on Lily's Atk Stat

False Swipe (M4)
AC: [roll0] v2
Crit: [roll2]

False Swipe (M3)
AC: [roll3] v4
Damage: [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]

False Swipe (M1)
AC: [roll6] v6
Damage: [roll7]
Crit: [roll8]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-11, 04:51 PM
Banafrit's beam of spectral power dazes the two mushroom-like Pokémon in its path, while Lily slices through two more of the Foongus. One of the two attacked turns and rushes at Lily, seeming to fade before slamming into the Grovyle, while the other fades briefly before swinging at Ban. Another of the grass-types steps towards the group and latches onto Yoshi briefly, sapping the Eevee's strength.

And then it happens. Wisps of darkness rise from one of the Foongus, drawing your attention as it forms a blob of solid shadow, and launches it into the center of your group. The blob bursts apart, spraying Ban, Jehoash, Aron, Lorenzo, Yoshi, Barghest and Banafrit with dark sludge - and as it seeps into your skin, those affected can feel the taint of shadow more strongly than ever. A pulse from your shards banishes the darkness that seemed to be eating at your souls, but the poison lingers to ravage your bodies.

One of the two Pokémon struck with Banafrit's confusing blast shakes itself, clearing its head, and moves towards the group, releasing a sickly-sweet odor that seems to cling to most of you, while another does the same near Barghest. The Foongus that finds itself facing down Lily extends rootlets into the ground, preparing itself, while another seems to grow larger for a moment, enhancing its power. The other dazed Foongus shakes its own head clear, before stepping forward and reaching out to sap Banafrit's life force away.

Round Summary
Aron used Morale Boost. Yoshi, Banafrit, Lily and Barghest receives +1 Speed Combat Stage.
Haruka used a Herbal Booster on Lily. Lily receives +2 Attack Combat Stages.
Lily hit M4 with False Swipe for 32 damage.
Lily hit M3 with False Swipe for 30 damage.
Banafrit hit M5 and M8 with Confuse Ray. M5 is Confused. M8 is Confused.
M3 hit Lily with Faint Attack for 17 damage.
M4 hit Ban with Faint Attack for 21 damage.
M2 critically hit Yoshi with Mega Drain for 18 damage. M2 recovers 9 HP.
M6 hit Yoshi, Ban, Jehoash, Aron, Barghest, Lorenzo and Banafrit with Shadow Gunk.

Ban takes 54 damage. Ban is Poisoned.
Jehoash takes 49 damage. Jehoash is Poisoned.
Lorenzo takes 54 damage. Lorenzo is Poisoned.
Aron takes 54 damage. Aron is Poisoned.
Yoshi takes 37 damage. Yoshi is Poisoned. Yoshi gains 4 Corruption.
Barghest takes 49 damage. Barghest is Poisoned. Barghest gains 4 Corruption.
Banafrit takes 11 damage. Banafrit gains 4 Corruption.
M8 is no longer Confused.
M8 hit Ban, Aron, Haruka, Lorenzo, Banafrit and Cooper with Sweet Scent. M8 gains +2 Accuracy against affected targets.
M9 hit Yoshi, Jehoash, Aron, Barghest, Lorenzo, and Banafrit with Sweet Scent. M9 gains +2 Accuracy against affected targets.
M1 used Ingrain. M1 is drawing in strength from the earth.
M7 used Growth. M7 receives +1 Attack Combat Stage and +1 Special Attack Combat Stage.
M5 is no longer Confused.
M5 hit Banafrit with Mega Drain for 1 damage. M5 recovers 0 HP.

As a reminder, Lorenzo, Jehoash, Cooper and Ban will get to act twice now - once for the current round, and once for the next round. These things are slow - they just had the advantage of surprise.

Note:
Any Pokemon that gains a Corruption Rating and is not yet a Shadow Pokemon will then gain 1 Corruption each turn thereafter so long as it is in battle. At the end of the encounter, the owner of any non-Shadow Pokemon with a Corruption Rating must roll 1d100 + their CHA modifier. If the result is equal to or lower than the Pokemon’s Corruption Rating, the Pokemon becomes a Shadow Pokemon.

KujiUn
2013-07-11, 05:59 PM
Coughing, Ban holds one hand above his head, crafting a much larger ball of light than anything he had made before. "Get... out!" The ball falls down, making a scaled blue tail attached to him, and he ran over to M6, knocking the mushroom with the tail and launching it into the air. He then takes out Pink Pearl to deal with the rest, falling straight to sleep.

Round Summary:
Ban (Round 1)
Shift: Move to H12
Standard Action: Metronome (-25 HP) ->

Dragon Tail AC3: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] P-Dragon

Ban (Round 2)
Shift: Take out Pink Pearl to H15
Standard Action: Sleep's Embrace (No more uses for the day) -> Rest

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-11, 08:31 PM
Lorenzo drops a tiny black ball as the Shadow Pokemon launched its attack. It burst, and Lorenzo appeared, outside the area. No! Barghest, Flame Wheel go! Barghest growled angrily, before rolling into a spiraling ball of flame, slamming into M5. Lorenzo quickly returned the pup, before it suffered anymore.

Smoke Drop
Flame Wheel AC 2 Physical Fire, Burns 19+
[roll0]
[roll1] on M5
Lorenzo uses his Shift to return Barghest.

Mushroom soup tonight anyone? Lorenzo flicked his wrist, the massive Little Tom appearing on the side of the road. Lorenzo dashed forward, cartwheeling over M9, 2, 1 and 3, slicing winds tearing into the shrooms as he passed by. Little Tom lunges at M7, trying to swallow the Mushroom whole.

Quick Switch to Release Little Tom as a Free Action
Aerial Ace on M9, M2, M1 and M3. Lo1 and Lo2 are Lorenzo's positions on the First and Second round respectively. Remember Alacrity allows me to ignore Rough Terrain.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
Just in case Crit [roll10]
Bite AC 2 Physical Dark on M7, Flinch 15+
[roll11]
[roll12]

Esprit15
2013-07-11, 09:58 PM
Seeing the black ball form, Jehoash and Yoshi respond as if on instinct. Yoshi charges rapidly at the attacking mon.
Quick Attack
Normal, Physical, Interrupt
AC: [roll0]
If Crit: +[roll2]
Jehoash disappears in a burst of chilled vapor, reforming well away from the attacks aimed at him. On landing, he turns around and throws a wave of frigid air at M1, M2 and M9.
Teleport, passed in OOC

Blizzard
Ice, Special
AC: [roll3] 7, Freeze on 16-20
If Crit: +[roll5]

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-11, 10:02 PM
Haruka calls back Lily, moves back some, and lets out Hisei, she needed the practice anyway.

Tybar
2013-07-11, 10:57 PM
Aron swipes at the gunk...even as it sinks in, it feels like a layer of filth on him...and he worries about what else it has done to his pokemon. His new sense going haywire with it all. Banafrit, strike at the heart of that corrupt mushroom with your Lick!

Banafrit shifts forward, using Lick, which Aron converts to Sacred with Pushing Back the Shadows

Lick AC: 2 Ghost/Sacred Physical damage
AC:
[roll0]
Dmg:
[roll1]

After she's done, he recalls her, not wanting her staying out any longer than need be.

If he can't recall her, then he shifts closer to her, to H11.

Jacior
2013-07-13, 02:22 AM
Action suddenly took place around Cooper. What was going on? There were to be questions after this. Serious talking indeed. He plucks a pokeball from the strap across his chest and releases his bronzor. "Go, use psywave!" He points at the two nearest foongus and draws his weapon.

Psywave on M5 & M8
[roll0] 5+SpecDef, Psychic
[roll1] 1-2: Lose 11 hp, 3: Lose 22 hp, 4 Lose 33 hp

After he moves forward and attacks one of the foongus himself. "Attack that far one Karpi! Confusion."

Trainer:
Shift to M10
Weapon Attack on M8: [roll2] 4+Def, Normal
Damage: [roll3]

Karpi:
Shift to N9
Confusion on M9 [roll4] 2+SpecDef, Psychic
Damage: [roll5]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-14, 01:36 AM
The Shadow Foongus lowers its head, using its cap as a shield to deflect Yoshi's hasty charge. Ban dashes towards the corrupted Foongus, but his tail of energy loses cohesion just before it would send the mushroom Pokémon flying. Bargest shakes himself as if trying to get rid of the toxic goo, before dashing at another of the Mushroom Pokémon and slamming into it in a whirl of flame before being recalled. Cooper releases his Bronzor which finishes the job with a wave of psychic power, bringing down the already injured Foongus and striking another at the same time.

The slicing winds picked up by Lorenzo's acrobatic dash across the battlefield tear into the Foongus even as Jehoash sends a sudden blizzard at the plant-like Pokémon - the sudden chill killing them instantly even as it entombs them in ice - while Ban releases Pink Pearl and then falls asleep still standing. Cooper strides forward and slams his club into another Foongus, leaving it reeling as Haruka recalls Lily, releasing Hisei in her stead. Aron coughs, pained by the poison creeping through his body.

Little Tom bites savagely into another of the Foongus, while Karpi turns towards the nearest target and blasts it with a psychic assault, the poisonous mushroom Pokémon collapsing under the strain. Aron mutters something as Banafrit's tongue extends to lick the corrupted Foongus, and the dripping saliva glows brilliantly - though the corrupted Pokémon seems to resist the force of the attack, the coating of saliva still binds its movement even as Aron recalls the ghostly Pokémon.

The Shadow Foongus seizes up from the paralyzing saliva coating it, while the one that Little Tom bit at reaches out towards the Gyarados, siphoning off some of the serpentine Pokémon's energy. Cooper's target does the same to him, though Cooper's natural resilience helps to minimize the attack's effects. The remaining Foongus, after seeing Lorenzo and Jehoash so easily dispatch its kin, turns to flee, tripping over itself after just a few steps. Aron coughs once more due to the poison flowing through him.

Round Summary
Lorenzo evaded an attack with Smoke Drop.
Jehoash evaded an attack with Teleport.
Yoshi missed M6 with Quick Attack.
Ban missed M6 with Metronome(Dragon Tail).
Barghest hit M5 with Flame Wheel for 64 damage.
Karpi hit M5 and M8 with Psywave for 11 damage each. M5 is Fainted.
Aron took 10 damage from Poison.

Banafrit's Corruption increased by 1.
Lorenzo hit M9 with Aerial Ace for 54 damage.
Lorenzo hit M2 with Aerial Ace for 10 damage.
Lorenzo hit M1 with Aerial Ace for 24 damage.
Lorenzo hit M3 with Aerial Ace for 26 damage.
Jehoash hit M1, M2 and M9 with Blizzard.

M1 took 182 damage. M1 is dead.
M2 took 180 damage. M2 is dead.
M9 took 156 damage. M9 is dead.
Ban used Sleep's Embrace(Rest). Ban is Asleep. Ban is healed.
Cooper hit M8 with Arms Attack(Club) for 40 damage.

Little Tom hit M7 with Bite for 28 damage.
Karpi hit M4 with Confusion for 56 damage. M4 is Fainted.
Banafrit used Lick. Aron used Pushing Back the Shadows to turn Lick into a Sacred Move.
Banafrit hit M6 with Lick(Sacred), but did no damage. M6 is Paralyzed.
M6 is Paralyzed and unable to act.
M7 hit Little Tom with Mega Drain for 10 damage. M7 recovered 5 HP.
M8 hit Cooper with Mega Drain for 13 damage. M8 recovered 6 HP.
M3 failed to escape.
Aron took 10 damage from Poison.

Esprit15
2013-07-14, 02:32 AM
Yoshi, help out not so Little Tom. I'll take care of the nasty shroom mon. Take Down. Yoshi yips and charges at M7 for a brutal blow.
Take Down
Normal, Physical, Recoil 1/4
AC: [roll0] 5

Jehoash meanwhile runs forward, air nearby still chilled. He summons some water from the earth, which shapes itself into a long, thin form. As he sends it forward, it flash freezes into a long, icy spear, crashing forward at M6.
Icicle Crash
Ice, Physical
AC: [roll3] 4, Flinch on 15-20
If Crit: +[roll5]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-14, 08:09 AM
Lorenzo curses under his breath. He flicks a knife at M3, the coward, before running back towards Little Tom and the rest of the fight. Tom, burn that shadow pokemon! Dragon Rage! The serpent roared, echoing off of nothing, as a pure purple jet of flame erupted from its maw, racing towards the Foongus.

Arms Attack AC 4 on M3
1d20
[roll0]
Dragon Rage AC 2 deals 40 Unmodifiable damage (goes off Special Defense Evasion)
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-14, 04:19 PM
Haruka draws her Rebirth Ball and tosses it directly at the shadow foongus, then has Hisei level an ember at another foongus.

Capture Roll on M6: [roll0] I think that's right (can't believe I still have this thing)

Ember on M7
AC: [roll1] Burns on 18-20
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

KujiUn
2013-07-14, 06:39 PM
Ban rolls away to hit another mushroom with a Dream Eater from within the Dream World, leaving Pink Pearl to hit the shadow mushroom witha Sacred Beam!

Ban:
Shift -> I13
Trainer Action -> Dream Eater (target not asleep, -25HP)
AC2: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] S-Psy

Pink Pearl:
Shift -> G15
Trainer Action -> Sacred Beam
AC2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] S-Sac Psy

Tybar
2013-07-14, 08:16 PM
Aron runs after the fleeing Foongus, tossing a great ball at it. He coughs a bit more as the poison works on him.

Great Ball at M3
[roll0]

Jacior
2013-07-15, 02:39 PM
Cooper looks at the foongus that had drained him. "You'll find I'm a little tougher than that." He motions at Karpi. "Hit this one now, Karpi." Karpi comes around Cooper's side and attacks the mushroom pokemon then Cooper throws a pokeball at the foongus.

Both on M8

Faint Attack: [roll0] Can't Miss, Dark

Ball throw: [roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-15, 11:36 PM
Lorenzo's flung knife cuts down the fleeing Foongus, while Jehoash's icicle spear misses its target. Yoshi slams another of the mushroom-like Pokémon to the ground, while Hisei's blast of flame drops the last untainted one. Little Tom's dragonfire blast scorches the Shadow Foongus, before Haruka's Rebirth Ball captures it with a flash of light. The ball shakes... once... twice... and finally clicks shut with a faint glow. The area falls silent, save for yourselves and your Pokémon.

Round Summary:
Lorenzo hit M3 with Arms Attack(Throwing Knife) for 25 damage. M3 is Fainted.
Jehoash missed M6 with Icicle Crash.
Yoshi hit M7 with Take Down for 42 damage. M7 is Fainted. Yoshi takes 10 damage from Recoil.
Hisei hit M8 with Ember for 50 damage. M8 is Fainted.
Little Tom hit M6 with Dragon Rage for 40 damage.
Haruka caught M6 with Rebirth Ball.

Little Tom and Barghest each receive 1100 XP.
Lily and Hisei each receive 1100 XP.
Karpi receives 3300 XP.
Yoshi receives 2200 XP.
Banafrit receives 2200 XP.

Captured Pokémon:
Haruka
Foongus, Level 28, Shadow Pokemon
Female, Stark, Effect Spore
Corruption Rating: 26
Shadow Moves Known:
Shadow Bullet - Bullet Seed
Shadow Spin - Rapid Spin
Shadow Gunk - Gunk Shot - Special Rules Attached, See World Primer

Tybar, Banafrit currently has a Corruption Rating of 5. Please roll 1d100 plus your CHA modifier. If the result is 5 or less, Banafrit becomes a Shadow Pokémon.

Lorenzo, Barghest currently has a Corruption Rating of 4. Please roll 1d100 plus your CHA modifier. If the result is 4 or less, Barghest becomes a Shadow Pokémon.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-15, 11:41 PM
Lorenzo retrieved his knife, before going over and gently petting Little Tom's scalie body. Good work boy. Haruka, we better be careful with that one. It seemed more far gone than Doubles was.

[roll0]

Esprit15
2013-07-15, 11:56 PM
Jehoash pets the Eevee as he looks at his own missed chunk of ice. "Might have to study aim from you, little guy. You did great."

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-16, 12:52 AM
"I'm not gonna use her for a while, let her warm up to me a bit before trying for battles with her," Haruka replies to Lorenzo, "I'll have to talk to Hahn to see what he thinks might help."

Tybar
2013-07-16, 07:03 AM
Aron picks his great ball back up from where he threw it, then releases Banafrit again. Banafrit, are you okay? He studies her, and gives her some food.

Corruption roll:
[roll0]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-18, 03:37 AM
Jehoash
As you pet the Eevee, you notice that the Lucky Punch you gave it seems to be glowing slightly. The glow spreads to cover Yoshi, and through the light you can make out the Eevee's form growing larger, its fur darkening over most of its body, its ears growing longer, extending back from its body. As the light fades, the Pokémon stands there - around its muzzle and neck, its fur is cream colored, while the remainder is a dark, slate blue. Bandages are wound around its legs, and it seems to have a challenging posture, as if eager to test its newfound power.

Yoshi evolved into Muraeon!
The Lucky Punch is lost in the process, btw.

Esprit15
2013-07-18, 04:00 AM
"Whoa, look at you, boy!" Jehoash leaps back a bit, a mix of surprise and giving the more aggressive mon a bit of space. As Yoshi adjusts to his new form, Jehoash slowly moves forward to pet him. "Let's let those injuries from the Foongus fight heal up first. I'll find you a fight first thing tomorrow. If I can't find anything, there's always Dashell to spar with. Deal?"

Jacior
2013-07-18, 12:45 PM
"Yes, yes. Good fight, nice evolution." Cooper says dropping his club on the ground and grabbing his bronzor and holding on to it, for no apparent reason. "Ye did great bud." He looks around at the rest of the group. "But who wants to be the first to tell me what in the hell was up with that pokemon? Cause that right there? That was not normal."

KujiUn
2013-07-18, 12:56 PM
Ban yawns and gets back up. "Does anyone need healing?" he asks, before turning to Cooper. "...so, uh, how much do we tell him?"

Tybar
2013-07-18, 01:19 PM
Aron frowns a bit in thought at Ban's question. Well, he is traveling with us, and we seem to be either attracting these things, or else they are getting more prevalent, even in the wild...I am fine with telling him about them. I am concerned about whatever it hit us with...

Esprit15
2013-07-18, 01:52 PM
"From what I understand, Shadow Pokémon. About all I can tell you is the name, though, and that they are nasty pieces of work. Some crazy Muks we fought just before we met you used one. Even turned on its own team at one point."

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-18, 02:03 PM
"The Order of Eternity uses them," Haruka says, "you already know about them. Thought this was pretty mild compared to some of the ones we fought, actually."

Esprit15
2013-07-18, 02:09 PM
"I don't know, I think we're just lucky that the only support it had was a couple wilds. That goo looked downright dangerous."

Tybar
2013-07-18, 03:19 PM
Aron nods to Jehoash. Yeah. I think that would have gone far, far worse otherwise. I'll keep trying to hone being able to feel these things...and I'll keep doing research. We'll need to try to cleanse this one.

Jacior
2013-07-19, 03:46 PM
Cooper shakes his head and recalls Karpi to its pokeball. "You kids just get more and more interesting by the day." He grins. "It was definitely a good idea to come with you."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-19, 03:49 PM
Glad we entertain you. Lorenzo's voice was flat. He nodded at Ban, indicating Barghest needed some treatment.

KujiUn
2013-07-20, 10:26 AM
"Right!" Ban concentrates, and sings a little song he learned growing up.

Everything out heals 50HP!

BluesEclipse
2013-07-21, 02:44 AM
You converse as you continue along the road, giving Cooper an explanation of what's happened with the Shadow Pokémon and the Order of Eternity. As you travel, Aron receives a message from Dexter as well - stating that he's been working on creating Pokeballs that will work on Shadow Pokémon, and will try to get them to you before you leave Orchid if possible.

It's right about sunset when you come up on Orchid, the large complex that is the Gaira Ranger Academy covering the southern part of the city, while the Lavender Foundation's headquarters sits in a modest office building near the center of town. Most of the town is closed, though there's a bit of activity visible within the Ranger compound - no doubt some night training being done - and the Pokecenter, attached to the Lavender Foundation HQ, is open as always.

Note: All LF Potions will be purchasable at a 20% discount here.

Esprit15
2013-07-21, 03:20 AM
Hm...might be a good idea to scope out the gym before I challenge it... Wait, does Orchid have a gym? Been too long since I was last here... "Hey guys, I'm gonna look at the gym, see if it is somewhere I could handle." Before anyone says anything, Jehoash heads off. After stopping by the center to drop off his new capture, he and Vivian head to the Gym.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-21, 08:35 AM
I'll go with you. Lorenzo dropped off his Skiploom, getting his team treated as well.

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-21, 04:07 PM
Haruka stops at the Center and sends Blitzkrieg, Lily, and Sakura to her parent's Ranch after explaining why she's doing so. Blitzkrieg and Sakura would find most of their attacks ineffective with the gym's dark and ghost focus, and Lily needed some time away from the chaos so she could relax and so Haruka could build up the rest of her team some.

A little while after, she asks the nurses at the Center the best way to go about setting up a temporary business, specifically restaurants, herbal medicine shops, and breeding centers. As an aside, she asks about finding coordinators that specialize in cool pokemon.

Charisma Check: [roll0] to find the Coordinators

She also contacts Echelon to check on Sickle's status as well as posting Six as a potential trade, preferably for a female combee.

Trade Offers:
Sickle (Lv 20 Kabutops, Male, Stoic, Swift Swim) [roll1]
Neutral Nature and Evolved Early.

Six (Lv 1 Combee, Male, Adamant, Swarm) [roll2]
Recently hatched, bred for enhanced speed and endurance, favorable offensive nature.

Once all of that is done, she'll rent rooms for the party and start making some energy drinks to sell off the next day along with harvesting some herbal medicines from her trees, which she had taken to drying on the way to Orchid so she could grind them down to a powder that could give a pokemon some extra benefits. She still needed extra ingredients, but she had most of them.

Basic idea behind Haruka's "Business Plan"

Cost to Make
250/Energy Drink, 175/Heal Powder, & 150/Energy Powder

5 Energy Drinks = $1,250
5 Energy Powder = $750
5 Heal Powder = $875

$2,875 Spent to Make.

Sell Price
400/Energy Drink, 300/Heal Powder, and 250/Energy Powder

5 Energy Drinks = $2,000
5 Energy Powder = $1,500
5 Heal Powder = $1,250

$4,750 Estimated in Return Value

$1,875 in Estimated Profits + Soul Food and Breeding Profits

$1,500 Charged per Breeding, $500 paid as an up front cost so even if the breeding fails Haruka earns money or if someone doesn't come back for the pokemon she gets the money as well as those left behind, which she can leave at the Ranger Station while keeping the egg.

$150 Charged for Soul Food Meals for humans, $200 for Pokemon due to the extra benefits.

Finally, she'll let out Peach in a safe part of the room and give her a bowl of Soul Food and let her get used to her so she'll open up again.

Jacior
2013-07-21, 10:28 PM
Cooper drops off his tynamo when they get back into town and gets his Aron treated. "Wait for me guys, I wanna try my hand at a gym." He hustles behind the two, getting the feeling that Lorenzo didn't really care for him.

KujiUn
2013-07-22, 02:01 PM
"Hm... I guess I can go with you guys. Wait for me!" Ban quickly runs to follow the others to the gym.

Tybar
2013-07-22, 02:50 PM
Aron stops by the center with the others, and heads with them to the gym, fairly quiet as he makes notes about the last fight. He also makes sure to send a message to Dex thanking him for the information, and to let him know where to pick up the new balls from.

BluesEclipse
2013-07-22, 04:37 PM
Haruka
The nurse on duty doesn't know of any coordinators, and unfortunately doesn't have specifics on what needs to be done to start a business - she is, however, able to direct you to a website that has the information. You quickly find that the process isn't difficult - there's a bit of licensing that you'll have to go through for breeding, but that's it. The fact that you're not looking to set up a permanent location but serving more as a traveling shop works to your favor, as you don't need to worry about owning a premises or getting specific licensing from the city you're in - though you will have to fill the forms out again to operate in Mahlay or Esper.

Filling out the forms takes you about an hour, and checking in with Echelon afterwards comes back with a couple of trade options for Sickle - one person is offering a Zorua, bred to know Dark Pulse, while the other offer that you see is for a very rare Pokémon that you've only heard of in the vaguest terms - a Muskat (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TSr9LiwUQwGJ1j7_APVOAVNquw8n3nbqiGFtU_sTzQc/edit). You don't receive any offers for Six just yet, though.

Finally, you get the rooms rented and your cooking done, before releasing Peach. The corrupted Pokémon looks around, and on seeing you immediately lashes out, spinning at you with a whirl of dark power.

Peach critically hit Haruka with Shadow Spin for 19 damage. Peach gains +1 Corruption Rating.

Jehoash, Lorenzo, Aron, Ban, Cooper
You make your way to the gym, noticing a trainer in a ranger uniform shaking the hand of another trainer, before the latter leaves with a dejected expression. The young man looks over at you and says, "Hey, there. Welcome to the Nocturne Gym. Erm... you guys all looking to challenge?"

Each of you, please give me two sets of 3 1d6 rolls each so that I can determine who you'll be facing and which arena you're on. Also, specify if you want to do single or double battles(I'll only be running 1 double at a time).

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-22, 05:25 PM
Yup. At least sometime today or tomorrow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Jacior
2013-07-22, 05:33 PM
"That's the plan." Thinking about the name for a moment. "Nocturne Gym. Kind of a spooky name."

Preference for single battle.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-22, 05:36 PM
Before Shadow Mon

Haruka sees a rare mon on the listings, and takes a moment to think. She then clicks the Muskat

With Shadow Mon

Haruka winces from the hit, but remains passive as she tries to calm the pokemon, "calm down! I'm just trying to give you something to eat," Haruka says, gently.

[roll0] vs 27

Esprit15
2013-07-22, 05:55 PM
"Yep, if they're still open." Hey Lorenzo, how about we tag team it? We did awesome in that fight back at Lily.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-22, 06:01 PM
"Yep, if they're still open." Hey Lorenzo, how about we tag team it? We did awesome in that fight back at Lily.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Sure. Should be good to let Psyke see how I battle with allies.

KujiUn
2013-07-22, 06:36 PM
"Sure, why not!" Ban looks at his team and thinks about how he's going to do this, getting ready.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Double preferred, but battles tend to take a long time, so either or really.

Tybar
2013-07-22, 07:42 PM
Aron nods. I would like to challenge. I am comfortable fighting on my own, or with someone else. Ban, want to challenge with me then?

Double with Ban?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-22, 08:08 PM
Haruka
You select the Muskat and confirm the trade, and in moments your new Pokémon is transferred to you.

---

At your call, Peach stops - you have its attention, at least.

Muskat, L25, Female/Quirky/Serene Grace.
Peach loses Corruption equal to 1/2 your CHA modifier, rounded down.

The Gym
The man nods, and says, "Sure thing... let me call a couple of the other trainers, and I'll go over the rules for you. Also, so you know, we can only do one double at a time - so you may have to wait," the last is directed at Ban and Aron. He pulls out a styler and taps a button on it, using it like a radio and calling, "Hey, we've got a group of challengers here. 5 in total, though two doubles pairs apparently." After a moment, a woman's voice answers, "Nick and I'll handle the first double's match, Mike - and Allan wants the solo match."

Nodding, the man - apparently named Mike - looks at you and says, "Alright, I'll show you into the lobby, and Helia, Nick and Allan will be here shortly. As for rules... if you aren't familiar with the gyms here in Gaira, each gym covers two types. Ours is Dark and Ghost. What this means is that those of us representing the gym have to use one Dark type and one Ghost type in any gym match - and it can't be the same mon covering both types. We don't take the easy way out by throwing a Sableye or Spiritomb on our teams and using whatever else. Beyond that, all league rules apply regarding trainer interference in matches, item allowance, and so on." He leads you into the lobby and continues, "Official battles here are 3 Pokémon each, with a 10 Meter height and depth limit - a Pokémon flying above or burrowing below that range is considered to be forfeited from the match. Like all gyms in Gaira, there's a set number of gym trainers you have to beat before challenging the leader. Unlike other gyms in Gaira, though, Corporal Niven only requires you to win one challenge before you can face him. Generally, you'll see some of the Ranger trainees and recent graduates rotating through here to keep their battling skills sharp, but we have a pretty wide variety of trainers here."

As he finishes, three others step into the lobby - an elderly woman with silver hair and sharp grey eyes, another young man in a Ranger's uniform, and an older man wearing a pin with the league sigil on it. The older man looks you over and says, "Alright, then... which of you young folk am I facing first?" The ranger with him chuckles, and says to the man, "Just be careful not to throw out your back, old timer." Turning back to the other ranger, Mike, he then says, "We'll take it from here, Mike."

He turns back towards you and then says, "Name's Nick... this is Helia, and the old man here is Allan. So... who's up first for doubles?"

Cooper's up first for single battle, Lorenzo and Jehoash for double.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-22, 08:18 PM
That be us Lorezno stepped forward, motioning to Jehoash.

Esprit15
2013-07-22, 09:03 PM
"That's us!" Jehoash says with a smile. As he sees the trainers show up, he quickly scans their minds, looking for basic battle plans and teams intended to use.

Jacior
2013-07-22, 09:36 PM
"And I that makes you my opponent." Cooper walks over to the old man. "Cooper, sir." He extends his hand to Allan.

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-22, 09:42 PM
Haruka sets down the bowl of food, "I hope you like it," she says to the foongus.

Uses Soul Food

Tybar
2013-07-22, 09:47 PM
Aron nods to the other two. I would not mind observing, if that is alright.

He follows them and gets out his sketchpad, taking notes and sketches.

BluesEclipse
2013-07-22, 10:01 PM
Haruka
The Shadow Pokémon looks at you for a moment, before beginning to eat.

Peach loses 3 corruption.

Jehoash
As you walk behind the two, you hear the woman's thoughts echoing, Who to use... perhaps Twilight or Gate, so that I can go over the walls... The name Twilight evokes the image of a candle burning with a dark flame - likely a shifted Litwick, while the name Gate brings forth the image of a Spiritomb. Hmm... Gate should be a good opener.

The younger man with her is following a slightly different line of thought - I'll open up with Knives, I think... these guys look strong enough that I shouldn't need to hold back. And if they try to open up with any type of debuffs... well, it'll make things that much easier. You get an image from his mind of a Pawniard, one which seems to fight harder whenever foes try to hinder it. (Has the Defiant ability.)

Jehoash, Lorenzo
The two lead you to a large arena, with four pedestals standing high above and allowing you to see down over the walls below. They take their own places, and Helia says, "Now... shall we begin? Gate will entertain you for now..." as she releases her Spiritomb, while Nick releases a Pawniard. "Let's see what you've got, gentlemen!"

Decide between yourselves which side you want, and select your starting mon - make sure to post their speed.

Cooper
Allan nods and shakes your hand as he says, "Alright then, lad... let's see what you've got, shall we?" He leads you into an arena with high walls around and within it, and motions you to step onto a platform at one end, which is then elevated up the wall. He steps onto a similar platform on the opposite side of the field and says, "Now, let's begin. Hunter... show him what we can do!" He releases what you recognize as a Sneasel onto the field.

Pick your starting Pokémon, place it on the map and post its speed. You're in Solo Arena 3.

Aron, Ban
Mike nods and says, "You're welcome to watch if you like - which one were you wanting to observe? I'll show you to the observation deck."

General
Matches are taking place on the maps here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdDhtNWU5Q0FGNnp6V2oxOUowNXEtWHc#gid=14). Lorenzo and Jehoash are in the Doubles Arena, while Cooper is in Solo Arena 3.

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-22, 11:20 PM
Haruka smiles at the foongus, "there we are," she says, sitting next to Peach, "feeling better?" she asks Peach gently.

She spends some time talking with Peach, regardless if she responds or not, just to get her used to being paid attention to as more than a weapon, then heads to the gym to see if she couldn't train Ebony and Fig some more.

Gym Rolls
[roll0]

[roll1]

Esprit15
2013-07-22, 11:50 PM
Pawniard has Defiant, so don't bother with debuffing mons. The woman can shift mons to be Dark it seems, so watch out for her mons, because if she's a specialist their Dark moves should hit hard. You take the Spiritomb, I deal with the Pawniard? Jehoash lets out Vivian. "Alright, this should be interesting. Vivian, let's light this place up!" The Litwick gives a friendly wave to the other side.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-22, 11:53 PM
Lorenzo steps up to the left platform, before releasing Stark (speed 4) to the field. Gotcha Lorenzo scans the thing he knew was a Spiritomb

BluesEclipse
2013-07-23, 12:16 AM
Haruka
The Foongus seems to be at least less hostile towards you, though the taint of darkness is still present.

Arriving at the gym, you see a middle-aged woman talking to a younger man there. The woman notices you after a moment and nods at the man, stepping away. "Hello, and welcome to the Nocturne Gym. Are you here to challenge, or just to train?"

Lorenzo and Jehoash
Helia gives an indulgent smile and says, "A Golett... but shifted, it seems. Don't tell me you beat little Karina down in Lily..." Nick blinks and says, "You think they're that good?" The elderly woman smiles and replies, "The colorful one in particular is not to be underestimated... as for his friend with the Litwick... perhaps I'll introduce that one to Twilight later. For now, though, Gate... why don't you go join Knives in handling the little one? And put some pressure on, please." The Spiritomb swirls rapidly, an overbearing aura settling over the field as it passes through the wall nearby and settles near Knives.

Nick, meanwhile, commands, "Right... Knives, give yourself a line of sight to the corner so you're ready when their Litwick comes through." The Pawniard responds by moving closer to the opening in the spiraling wall.

Round Summary
Gate used Pressure.
Gate has no Move.
Knives has no Move.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-23, 12:19 AM
I did, and I'm not stopping there. Stark, advance and put up a strong defence. Stark waddled across the ground towards K13, his shining body stiffening.

Iron Defence. Note: at 5 Defense Evasion

Esprit15
2013-07-23, 12:23 AM
"Twilight? What would she be? Vivian, advance and Fire Spin." The Litwick floats forward and fires a swirl of flaming rings at the Pawniard.
Fire Spin
Special, Fire
AC: [roll0] 4, Trap for [roll1] turns
If Crit: +[roll3]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-23, 12:47 AM
Lorenzo, Jehoash
Helia smiles and commands, "A pity you missed... Now, Gate, Ominous Wind!" The Spiritomb drifts over in front of the Pawniard and swirls into a vortex, surging with power as a gust of deathly wind is launched at the Litwick, tearing at it - though the candle spirit remains conscious. Nick, meanwhile, calls, "Just close in and use Scary Face, Knives!" The Pawniard's eyes glow darkly as it advances menacingly on the Litwick, which shudders nervously in response.

Round Summary
Stark used Iron Defense. Stark gained +2 Defense Combat Stages.
Vivian missed Knives with Fire Spin.
Gate hit Vivian with Ominous Wind for 42 damage. Gate gained +1 to all Combat Stages.
Knives hit Vivian with Scary Face. Vivian gets -2 Speed Combat Stages.

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-23, 12:50 AM
"To train," Haruka replies "I have a couple new additions to my team that need some experience before I challenge the gym, one of which is a spiritomb, I figure this gym would be the best to help me with her."

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-23, 01:01 AM
Lorenzo frowned. Stark, get over there. Retracting his legs into his body, the golem zoomed upwards, flying over the wall and floating above the arena at O11.

Esprit15
2013-07-23, 01:06 AM
Seeing Stark fly over the barrier, noticeable relief shows on Jehoash's face. "Oh good, help's arrived... I sure hope this works... Vivian, back off and use Confuse Ray." The Litwick puts a bit more space between her and the Dark Types, then fires a wave of pulsing lights at the Spiritomb and Pawniard.
Confuse Ray
Confuses targets

BluesEclipse
2013-07-23, 01:23 AM
Haruka
The woman nods and replies, "Training, then... for a Spiritomb, eh? I think... yes, our illusory labyrinth will work well here. Essentially, your Pokémon will have to run a maze formed of illusory walls that will shift over time - but with a specific pattern. Part of the challenge will be figuring out that pattern..." She leads you into a room with a large structure of hologram and force-field projectors, which turn on at the flick of a switch to create an array of crisscrossing barriers - some real, some only illusion. "So... how hard do you want to make it?"

Choose your difficulty level. You'll be using your Sky capability and your Intelligence capability with this - so a total of 10 rolls at 1d20+5, against DC 15 + your chosen Difficulty.

Lorenzo, Jehoash
"A useful tactic... but not enough, I'm afraid... Gate, put that Golett to sleep with Hypnosis!" The Spiritomb shakes slightly before the ghostly visage grins, and it drifts upwards to face the steel-synced Stark. Gate's form swirls in a hypnotic pattern, lulling Stark to sleep, as Nick then orders, "Alright, bring down that Litwick with a Faint Attack!" The Pawniard, dazed, slams itself into a wall to try and clear its head but only succeeds in hurting itself.

Round Summary
Stark took no action.
Vivian hit Gate and Knives with Confuse Ray. Gate is Confused. Knives is Confused.
Gate is no longer Confused.
Gate hit Stark with Hypnosis. Stark is Asleep.
Knives hurt himself in his Confusion for 6 damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-23, 01:30 AM
Stark, now! Stark rockets forward, slamming a metalic fist into the Spiritomb's.... face-cloud-thing, before entering hibernation mode. How he can remaining aloft and stable while hibernating is beyond me. As if to dispute the claim, Stark returns to consciousness. Tough break there.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Steel Bullet Punch
[roll1]
Sleep DC 16 [roll2]

Esprit15
2013-07-23, 01:32 AM
"Oh good, that worked out. Vivian, Flame Burst the Pawniard." Vivian spits a small ball of flame that bursts violently upon hitting the Pawniard.
Flame Burst
Special, Fire
AC: [roll0] 2
Damage: +[roll1]

4m Blast, deals 1/16 Max HP to all caught in blast

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-23, 01:32 AM
Difficulty 4 (DC 19)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Jacior
2013-07-23, 01:37 AM
"It's been quite some time since I last saw a Sneasel. Not really a Gaira native, are they?" Cooper says and runs his fingers over his pokeballs, stopping on one and snapping it off. "Ferdinand! It's time for a fight!" The Nuzleaf comes onto the battlefield and dances around in place.

Ferdinand, Speed 14

BluesEclipse
2013-07-23, 02:10 AM
Haruka
The woman watches at the Spiritomb struggles with the illusory maze - after some time, it succeeds in getting through, learning the timing of the shifting walls even if it doesn't figure out how to identify the illusions. After about an hour of practice, she says, "Well... with a bit more time, I'd say it'll be able to handle things quite a bit easier."

Ebony gains 400 XP.

Cooper
Allen smiles and says, "Yeah, I picked him up in Esper back when I was representing the Gaira League in the World Cup 20-some years ago. He's been with me ever since. Hunter, start building up speed, sharpen up those claws and go after him!" The Sneasel nods and darts forward, sparks kicking up as he scrapes his claws along the ground to sharpen them.

Round Summary
Allen used Speed Boost. Hunter gains Speed Boost.
Hunter gained +1 Speed Combat Stage from Speed Boost.
Hunter used Hone Claws. Hunter gains +1 Attack Combat Stage and +1 Accuracy.

Jehoash, Lorenzo
Stark's steel fist slams into the Spiritomb, the motion enough to jar the Golett back out of its sleep. The actual strike, however, does no damage - the dark spirit just looks at Stark with a maniacal grin. It winces slightly as the area is bathed in flames by Vivian, however, while Knives lets out a metallic cry before falling. Nick frowns, and says, "Alright, then... Spook, you're up!" He recalls the Pawniard and releases a Haunter onto the field. "Give them a taste of their own medicine... Confuse Ray!" The Haunter rises up, moving just above and behind Gate, and fires a beam of confusing power which passes just above the Spiritomb but lances through both Stark and Vivian, disorienting them.

Helia, meanwhile, says, "That Golett doesn't seem particularly strong, I'm afraid... you'll need more to crack Gate open! Now, scorch that Golett with Will-O-Wisp!" The Spiritomb releases several blue flames which drift over to Stark, searing the golem Pokémon's very soul.

Round Summary
Stark hit Gate with Bullet Punch for 0 damage.
Vivian hit Knives with Flame Burst for 66 damage. Knives is Fainted. Stark takes 4 damage from the area effect. Gate takes 2 damage from the area effect.
Spook hit Stark and Vivian with Confuse Ray. Stark is Confused. Vivian is Confused.
Gate hit Stark with Will-O-Wisp. Gate is Burned.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-23, 02:24 AM
Lorenzo sneered at his opponents. Stark, show them. Stark unleashed a wave of seismic energy, washing over both opponents with a great force.

[roll0] Confusion
[roll1] AC 2 Physical Ground Earthquake (hits only enemies)
[roll2]

Esprit15
2013-07-23, 02:26 AM
"A nice trick, to be sure. Viv, let's see how much pain that Spiritomb can take." Vivian sets off a wave of dark energy towards the Spiritomb.
Night Shade
Special
Damage: 25

BluesEclipse
2013-07-23, 02:45 AM
Jehoash, Lorenzo
Stark's seismic wave washes ineffectually over the Spiritomb... but the Haunter isn't so lucky, being shaken and slammed to the ground by the seismic assault. Nick frowns as Vivian's flames seem to cast a flickering shadow, which spreads to engulf the Spiritomb in darkness before shattering with a loud crack and a muted cry from the dark spirit. Spectral flames flicker over Stark's form, scorching the golem further.

Recalling his second fainted Pokémon, Nick growls and orders, "I'm not going down this easily... blast them with Ominous Wind!" As it is released, the Pokémon - you both recognize it as a Drifblim - drifts up just behind Gate and calls forth a gale of spectral wind which empowers both of your opponents, while tearing at Stark and Vivian.

"You're fortunate that worked out, Nick... Charles will be speaking to you about your recklessness," Helia says, eliciting a cringe and a muttered apology from her partner. "But far be it from me not to take advantage of an opportunity. Gate, bring down that Golett... Faint Attack!" The spectral Pokémon fades out, before returning with a burst of force that slams into Stark.

Round Summary
Stark missed Gate with Earthquake, but hit Spook for 90 damage. Spook is Fainted.
Vivian hit Gate with Night Shade for 25 damage.
Stark took 6 damage from his burn.
Boomer missed Stark and Vivian with Ominous Wind. Nick used Satoshi's Karma.
Boomer hit Stark and Vivian with Ominous Wind. Stark takes 32 damage. Vivian takes 72 damage. Vivian is Fainted. Boomer gained +1 to all Combat Stages. Gate gained +1 to all Combat Stages.
Gate hit Stark with Faint Attack for 28 damage. Stark is Fainted.

Jacior
2013-07-23, 02:51 AM
"I should go back some time. I haven't been to Esper in a couple years now." Cooper says smiling back. "But your sneasel is going to have to sharpen those claws a lot more before they'll have any effect on my pokemon. Ferdinand, bulk up a bit, there's no way you can match that sneasel for speed."

Cooper used Intimidate on Sneasel. -1 Attack Combat Stage from Intimidate.
Ferdinand used Growth. +1 Attack Combat Stage and +1 Special Attack Combat Stage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-23, 02:56 AM
Stark zoomed at the Drifblim, slamming a metallic fist into the balloon, before the combined attacks dropped him. Good work Stark. Snaggles, your next! The giant vine-monster appears in a flash of light next to her opponents.

[roll0] Bullet Punch
[roll1]
[roll2] AC 2, -1 AC on hit (Flash from Enter Like Lightning)
Snaggles Speed 3

Esprit15
2013-07-23, 02:57 AM
Jehoash frowns as Vivian goes down. She did well though. Took down one mon and nearly took out another. Who to use... "Bow, time to shine." The Froslass takes the field with a bow.
Speed 20

BluesEclipse
2013-07-23, 03:17 AM
Cooper
Allan chuckles and replies, "You're right - you'll never come close to Hunter's speed. Close in, Hunter, and slow him down with Icy Wind!" The Sneasel darts forward, seemingly getting even faster as it moves, before generating a chilling spray of wind with a swipe of its claws, leaving a thin layer of frost coating the Nuzleaf.

Round Summary
Ferdinand used Growth. Ferdinand gained +1 Attack and +1 Special Attack Combat Stage.
Cooper used Intimidate. Hunter gained -1 Attack Combat Stage.
Hunter gained +1 Speed Combat Stage from Speed Boost.
Hunter hit Ferdinand with Icy Wind for 38 damage. Ferdinand gained -1 Speed Combat Stage.

Jehoash, Lorenzo
Stark's swift punch is more effective against the blimp-like Pokémon, but it doesn't save him from the barrage of attacks - and the blimp hardly seems to notice the damage. Both Pokémon do flinch from the sudden burst of light as Snaggles takes the field, however.

Round Summary
Stark hit Boomer with Bullet Punch for 20 damage.
Snaggles hit Boomer and Gate with Flash. Boomer gets -1 Accuracy. Gate gets -1 Accuracy.

Bow is faster, Snaggles is slowest.

Esprit15
2013-07-23, 03:26 AM
"Alright, let's get this going properly." Bow, set up illusions there, there and there. The Froslass stirs up some chilled air nearby, shaping the frozen air and water (with a bit of ghostly essence) into perfect copies of herself, which disperse their selves around the arena.
Double Team, real copy listed in TR pad

Tybar
2013-07-23, 12:08 PM
Aron spends a bit of time observing at the double battle, seeing as he and Ban will be using that arena. He also strikes up some conversation with Mike. So, how do you like the gym here? I am thinking of training Banafrit, my Haunter, here for a bit.

He gives the man a polite smile, and shows her latest sketch off, the first done since her evolution.

Jacior
2013-07-23, 03:15 PM
Cooper grimaces. "Ice attacks. An unfortunate weakness for my Ferdinand." He hesitates for a second. "Smart thing to do would be to change the pokemon fighting your sneasel. But I've never been known to do smart things on a regular basis." He chuckles. "Ferdinand, get in there and use brick break!"

Brick Break: [roll0] 2+Def/Speed, Fighting

BluesEclipse
2013-07-23, 11:41 PM
Cooper
Ferdinand slams a stone-crushing blow into the Sneasel, which collapses from the force of the attack. Allan blinks and says, "Not bad at all... I'll have to keep an eye on you, I think. Still, let's see how you handle Archon! Let's show him that he can't combat our speed!" He releases a dark-blue quadruped, which what looks to be black fur draping over its face and forming a ruff around its neck. "Nail it with your Dragonbreath!" The blue Pokémon responds with a gout of blue flame which washes over Ferdinand, sapping the Pokémon's strength.

Round Summary
Ferdinand critically hit Hunter with Brick Break for 184 damage. Hunter is Fainted. I ignored the crit damage because I couldn't track down the actual roll - it didn't matter anyway.
Allan used Speed Boost. Archon gained the Speed Boost ability.
Allan used Speed Subversion. Ferdinand gained -1 Speed Combat Stage.
Archon gained +1 Speed Combat Stage from Speed Boost.
Archon hit Ferdinand with Dragonbreath for 23 damage. Ferdinand is Paralyzed.

Jehoash, Lorenzo
Nick raises an eyebrow and says to Jehoash, "With the team you've got, you might fit in pretty well here if you have a dark type or two as well. Still... Boomer, why don't you work on that green one? Hit it with a Gust!" The Drifblim responds by sending a burst of wind at Snaggles, though the Tangrowth just shrugs the breeze off. Helia then says, "Well, you're trying, at least... Gate, go down and hit him with Pursuit." The Spiritomb darts down, a dark blur, and slams into Snaggles, leaving a definite mark.

Round Summary
Bow used Double Team. Bow gained +2 Evasion.
Boomer missed Snaggles with Gust.
Gate hit Snaggles with Pursuit for 23 damage.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-23, 11:48 PM
Snaggles ruffles her vines angrily. Oh boy. You made her mad. Snaggles, do your stuff. Raising a large vine-arm, a orb of green energy gathers, which she slams into the Spiritomb.

Energy Ball AC 2 Special Grass 18+ -1 Sdef
[roll0]
[roll1]

Jacior
2013-07-24, 02:41 AM
"Well! That's certainly a pokemon! What is it though? I don't think I've come across it before!" Cooper says glibly. "But I think I'm going to have to give Ferdinand a break." He recalls the admittedly weakened pokemon and runs his fingers over his pokeballs before plucking one off. "Perhaps a less fragile approach?" He releases Cap onto the field. "Protect yourself Cap. Show them that speed is no match for the strength of steel!"

Withdraw Ferdinand. Release Cap.

Cap uses Iron Defense

BluesEclipse
2013-07-25, 12:55 AM
Cooper
You recall Ferdinand and release Cap on the opposite side of the wall, the Aron's metal armor glinting in the light. Allan smirks and says, "Don't think that's going to help you, lad... he seems as slow as the other one! Still... Archon, send him flying with Dragon Tail!" The Pokémon runs around the wall and whips around, slamming his tail into the Aron and whipping it right back at you - forcing you to recall it quickly.

Round Summary
Cap used Iron Defense. Cap gained +2 Defense Combat Stages.
Allan used Speed Subversion on Cap. Cap gained -1 Speed Combat Stage.
Archon hit Cap with Dragon Tail for 17 damage. Cooper must recall Cap and release a new Pokémon.

Jehoash, Lorenzo
As Snaggles charges up its ball of verdant power, Helia calls out, "Stop that thing in its tracks, Gate - Shadow Sneak!" The Spiritomb blurs forward in a shadowy mass, dashing through Snaggles, though the Tangrowth merely turns and slams the ball of power into the Spiritomb anyway, causing the spirit to retreat into the stone it's bound to. Helia sighs and recalls the Pokémon, saying, "Not bad... that was only the beginning, though. Twilight... you're up." She releases a Litwick of her own onto the field, though its wick carries a black, chilling flame.

Round Summary
Helia used I Believe In You!
Gate hit Snaggles with Shadow Sneak for 36 damage.
Snaggles hit Gate with Energy Ball for 21 damage. Gate is Fainted.

Esprit15
2013-07-25, 01:10 AM
"Lorenzo, I can't deal with the Litwick as is. Mind taking care of it while I deal with the balloon? Speaking of which, cool off the air in that Driftblim." One Froslass flies high into the air, another swaps places with the Froslass sitting atop the wall. The last one floats forward and blasts a chilled gust of wind at Boomer.
Icy Wind
Ice, Special
AC: [roll0] 3, Lower Speed

Jacior
2013-07-25, 01:37 AM
"Well then! If that pokemon isn't up to you're speed, how about Aldin!" Cooper lets his star pokemon onto the field, his Metang, proudly. "Aldin! He's decided Cap's not pokemon enough to play, so it's up to you to make a point. Use Miracle Eye!"

Aldin uses Miracle Eye

BluesEclipse
2013-07-25, 02:47 AM
Cooper
Aldin's eyes glow with power, but Allan merely smirks. "Metang, eh? Nice... still, let's see if you can keep up here! Archon, move in and nail it with Dragonbreath!" The dark Pokémon moves forward, breathing another gout of blue flame at the Metang, washing over Aldin and doing surprisingly little damage.

Round Summary
Aldin used Miracle Eye.
Archon hit Aldin with Dragonbreath for 16 damage.

Jehoash, Lorenzo
The Drifblim shudders from the chilling wind, but withstands the blow. "Don't think I'm going to go for the obvious target... Boomer, go after the one in the back! Take him down! Thunderbolt!" The Drifblim flies over the walls and fires a bolt of lightning out at the copies of Bow hovering there, giving it a powerful jolt - before it bursts into smoke. Nick pales as he sees that, before cursing vividly until Helia says, "Hush, boy - you're representing Commander Niven here, so act accordingly!"

Round Summary
Bow hit Boomer with Icy Wind for 84 damage.
Boomer hit B2 with Thunderbolt, destroying the copy. Bow takes 2 damage from feedback.

Reminder - the Litwick doesn't get to act this turn because the command was used for an interrupt last turn. So both of you go now.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-25, 08:51 AM
Lorenzo frowned. Well then, if you don't want to party with Snaggles, she won't let you bring her down! Snaggles waddles over to the far corner, roots shooting into arena floor.

Ingrain, do I add HP for this turn or no?

Esprit15
2013-07-25, 12:53 PM
"Don't worry, people normally have that issue fighting me. Bow, be a dear and finish off the Driftblim for us?" The Froslass all nod, the Pokémon going about their shell game of reorganizing on the field. The one up high floats down to just below wall line, while the one down in the corner makes its way over to Snaggles. The last makes its way towards the Driftblim, before letting off a flurry of cold wind filled with snow at the purple mon.
Powder Snow
Ice, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Freeze on who cares, 10 HP left

Jacior
2013-07-25, 02:02 PM
Cooper grins. "It's not about the speed! Aldin doesn't need to go fast to win this. He's tough enough to stand anything you can throw at him. Now smash it with Zen Headbutt!" He takes the opportunity to scan the dark-ish pokemon with his pokedex.

Zen Headbutt: [roll0] 4+Def, Psychic
Flinches on 15-20

BluesEclipse
2013-07-25, 04:04 PM
Cooper
Aldin's rush falls wide as the dark Pokémon merely ducks, and Allan lets out a loud guffaw. "You're missing the most important fact here... something that slow is never going to hit one of my speedy Pokémon, and you won't be able to dodge their attacks either! Archon," he orders, "Crunch time!" The Pokémon responds by chomping fiercely down on Aldin.

Round Summary
Aldin missed Archon with Zen Headbutt.
Archon hit Aldin with Crunch for 47 damage.

Jehoash, Lorenzo
Snaggles extends some rootlets into the ground to bolster herself, while Boomer just barely manages to evade the chilling gust of wind sent his way by Bow. Nick calls out, "That's the way... Boomer, move in and Astonish the Froslass!" The Drifblim glides over the wall before darting down, and smacking at one of the Froslass images with its trailing feelers.

Round Summary
Snaggles used Ingrain.
Bow missed Boomer with Icy Wind.
Boomer hit B3 with Astonish, dispersing the clone. Bow takes 3 damage from feedback.

Just Snaggles this time. Also, as a note - a Pokémon larger than Medium size can stand on elevated terrain so long as there is enough ground at that elevation to support more than 2/3 of the Pokémon's body. Meaning that Snaggles CAN go up and move along the walls. The ceiling is 10M high, so you'd have to use a turn to get up there though.

Jacior
2013-07-25, 07:59 PM
Cooper frowns. "Maybe you're right. But that's never stopped me before. Metal Claw!"

Metal Claw: [roll0] 3+Def, Steel
+1 Attack Combat Stage on 18-20

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-25, 08:09 PM
Now Snaggles, grow. Snaggles' vines grow plumber and more richly green in color, as power surges through her body.

Growth +1 S/Atk

BluesEclipse
2013-07-25, 08:28 PM
Cooper
Archon - which your Pokedex identifies as a Deino - attempts to dodge away from the claw swipe, but Aldin's enhanced sight allows him to adjust and slice into the dark-type regardless. Allan calls out, "Nice try... but it's not enough to help you here! Archon, take it out with Bite!" The young dragon bites at Aldin, the blow cracking the Metang's hide. Aldin hovers there, as Archon gives a proud roar, but the Metang still twitches, clinging to consciousness.

Round Summary
Aldin hit Archon with Metal Claw for 35 damage.
Archon hit Aldin with Bite for 31 damage. Aldin is Flinched.

Lorenzo, Jehoash
Helia smiles as she watches Snaggles grow, and says, "Building up defenses is a good plan... though it gives us time to deal with your friend. That said... Twilight, get above the wall and hit that one with Shadow Ball!" The Litwick's flame flickers, spectral shadows rising like smoke and forming into a ball above it. The ball is launched forward, slamming into the copy of Bow floating above the field... and causing the clone to burst.

Round Summary
Snaggles used Growth. Snaggles gained +1 Attack Combat Stage and +1 Special Attack Combat Stage.
Twilight hit B4 with Shadow Ball, dispersing the copy. Bow takes 5 damage from feedback.

Esprit15
2013-07-25, 08:54 PM
"Come on Lorenzo, I can't take them both. Bow, take out Boomer." The Froslass closes in, firing another wave of icy wind.
Icy Wind
Ice, Special
AC: [roll0] 3

BluesEclipse
2013-07-25, 10:29 PM
Jehoash, Lorenzo
The chilling wind slams into the Drifblim, and the Pokémon gives a cry as it falls unconscious and begins drifting to the ground slowly. Nick lets out an inarticulate growl of anger as he recalls the fallen Pokémon, and moves off of his platform, stalking out of the arena without another word.

Round Summary
Bow hit Boomer with Icy Wind for 70 damage. Boomer is Fainted.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-25, 10:36 PM
Don't worry Jehoash, Bow played her part well. Snaggles, now! The vine-monster shot out several vines at the tall wall, hooking onto it. With a quick tug, the beast was reeled up to the top of the wall, scrambling up the rest of the way. Another vine lashses out towards Twilight, glowing bright as sacred energy gathers around it, entwinning around the Litwick attempting to drain its un-lifeforce.
Sacred Drain
[roll0] AC 2 Special Grass, Heals Damage Dealt
[roll1]

Jacior
2013-07-25, 10:57 PM
Cooper blanches at the attack. "Hey, hey. Don't go breaking things now. Not necessary." He recalls his near fainted pokemon. "It's time for Cap to come back and fight now. Try not to throw him back in my face." He releases the little pokemon who growls as best it can. "Now show him he's not the only one with speed! Hit it with Aerial Ace."

Aerial Ace: [roll0] Can't Miss, Flying

BluesEclipse
2013-07-26, 01:10 AM
Cooper
Cap darts forward, a trail of slicing wind left in his wake, and Archon cries out before collapsing, unconscious. Allan smirks as he recalls the Deino and says, "So you've got a bit of sprinting speed... let's see if you can make it to the finish! Titan, shake him up with Magnitude!" He releases a Golett which darts over towards Cap, slamming a fist into the ground and causing the arena to shake. The shuddering flings Cap around, battering the Aron against the ground and walls. The Aron struggles to rise, before collapsing, unconscious.

Round Summary
Cap hit Archon with Aerial Ace for 35 damage. Archon is Fainted.
Titan hit Cap with Magnitude for 104 damage. Cap is Fainted.

Jehoash, Lorenzo
Snaggles draws a bit of power from the Litwick, recovering some of his own strength. Helia frowns, but says, "Well, this is certainly a pickle... but don't think I'll be giving up without a fight, boys. Twilight, hit the Tangrowth with Confuse Ray!" The Litwick obliges, firing a beam of confusing power at Snaggles, disorienting the grass-type.

Round Summary
Snaggles hit Twilight with Sacred Drain for 29 damage. Snaggles recovers 29 HP.
Twilight hit Snaggles with Confuse Ray. Snaggles is Confused.

Esprit15
2013-07-26, 01:28 AM
"Would be a shame if you did quit so easily. Bow, let's roll the dice and see what they say. Ominous Wind Wee Jas and Twilight." The Froslass gives a confused look, but does as asked, flying up and calling forth a howling wind.
Ominous Wind
Ghost, Special
AC: [roll0] 2, Raise all stats on 11-20, raise ally target stats on 16-20

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-26, 01:28 AM
Lorenzo smirks. Perfect. Snaggles come back! Lorenzo flings Snaggles ball at her, the mon disappearing in a flash of light, leaving behind a mote of light. He then releases Wee Jas right behind the shifted Litwick, the mote of light zooming into Wee Jas, granting her power. Bite. Wee Jas rears on her hind legs, digging fangs into the soft wax.

Bite AC 2 Physical Dark Flinch 15+
[roll0]
[roll1] Due to Ominous wind, the damage is 62

Jacior
2013-07-26, 01:47 AM
Cooper flinches visibly as his pokemon gets slammed about. "This is a good fight, but I think that you've gotten me beat here." He lets loose his nuzleaf, already much weakened. Pointing at the Golett. "Come on now! Use energy ball!"

LF Potion: [roll0]

Energy Ball: [roll1] 2+Spec Def, Grass
-1 Spec Def Combat Stage on 17-20

BluesEclipse
2013-07-26, 02:20 AM
Cooper
The ball of verdant energy slams into the Golett, launching it back into the arena wall, where it hangs for a moment before falling to the ground motionless. Allan smiles widely and says, "Looks like you still had some fight left in you after all, lad. Bit of advice - don't back down. If you want to be a champion, you need to have faith in your team and in yourself." He recalls the unconscious Pokémon as the platforms begin lowering and makes his way over to you, pulling out his Pokedex. "Just hold your Pokedex up here - I'll scan your registry and get you logged in so you can face the Leader when you come back. He'll be harder to handle than I will, though - he doesn't let potential threats fall back so easily." After scanning your dex, he leads you back out to the gym lobby before heading back in with a final, "Good luck!"

Round Summary
Ferdinand hit Titan with Energy Ball for 66 damage. Titan is Fainted.

Ferdinand receives 1940 XP.
Aldin and Cap each receive 2425 XP.

XP has been modified to factor in your bonuses.

Jehoash, Lorenzo
Bow sends a burst of spectral wind across the field, which ravages the dark Litwick but bolsters both Wee Jas and Bow herself. The Litwick collapses even as the Abso begins moving to bite, and the dark type just nudges it for a moment before looking up at Helia meaningfully. Helia nods and says, "Indeed... and my thanks for holding back there. Still... let's see if we can't finish things, shall we?" She releases her own Absol in the corner of the arena near her starting point, though it is slightly transparent, and a faint spectral aura surrounds it. "Reaper... you know your task." The spectral Pokémon nods, gazing seemingly through the wall at Wee Jas.

Round Summary
Bow hit Twilight with Ominous Wind for 38 damage. Twilight is Fainted. Bow gained +1 to all Combat Stages. Wee Jas gained +1 to all Combat Stages.

Both of you are up.

Esprit15
2013-07-26, 02:25 AM
"Hm, an interesting looking Absol. I don't suppose I win a prize for guessing it to be a Ghost/Dark like the rest of your team? Bow, a defensive advance, if you please." The Froslass moves forward, ducking just under the wall as she gets nearer.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-26, 02:29 AM
Wee Jas, shut it down. Wee Jas hops across the walls, hurling insults at the opposing Absol.

[roll0] AC 2 Prevent's non-damaging moves for [roll1] rounds

Jacior
2013-07-26, 02:40 AM
"It's not that I didn't have faith that my team would do well. It's that I thought that you were right about the speed. Your pokemon were so fast I really didn't think we could keep up." Cooper says, returning the man's smile. "As for faith in myself... I'm not the one out there fighting now, am I? We're certainly not in Esper." He shakes the man's hand again.

"Now where to find the others..."

BluesEclipse
2013-07-27, 01:42 AM
Lorenzo, Jehoash
The ghostly Absol glares at Wee Jas, visibly enraged by his taunting. Helia sighs, and says, "I see... Reaper, you can't reach them... make sure they can't reach you." The dark Pokémon growls at Wee Jas before darting forward, vanishing into the wall.

Round Summary
Wee Jas hit Reaper with Taunt. Reaper is Taunted for 5 rounds.
Reaper phased into the wall. Reaper cannot use Moves while phased.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-27, 01:52 AM
Hiding won't do anything. Wee Jas, split off. The Absol splits into 4, moving around the arena.

Esprit15
2013-07-27, 02:12 AM
"Well, just gives us time to play around, I guess. Bow, this gym is far too warm, wouldn't you agree?" The Froslass nods, directing her hands to the two sides of the wall she was on. Tendrils of frost climb down the wall and spread across the floor, thickening until there is a decently thick layer of black-ice on the floor around Bow and Wee Jas. "Much better."

BluesEclipse
2013-07-28, 12:16 AM
Lorenzo, Jehoash
Helia watches as Wee Jas splits into several copies and smiles, saying, "Alright, then, Reaper... go towards the center of the spiral, and then hit that Froslass with Stone Edge." The ghostly Absol darts out from the wall, gliding weightlessly over the ice, and through another of the walls near the center before rematerializing and sliding across the ice to a patch of clear floor. It digs its horn into the wall and whips around, sending a spray of rock shards which slice into the Froslass. The ice spirit finds herself in the center of a storm of stone, and only the Absol's unearthly luck can account for the blow being as devastating as it is without being fatal. Smiling, Helia says, "That's the way to do it, Reaper!"

Round Summary
Wee Jas used Double Team. Wee Jas gained +2 Evasion.
Bow created icy terrain with her Freezer capability.
Reaper critically hit Bow with Stone Edge for 258 damage. Bow is Fainted.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-28, 12:41 AM
Wee Jas, quickly! The copies move around, one jumping across the gap and then down, dark fangs bearing down at the shifted Absol.

[roll0] AC 2 Physical Dark Flinch 15+
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-28, 01:27 AM
As the copy of Wee Jas leaps down, Helia calls out, "Counter it, Reaper - Shadow Sneak!" The Absol leaps into the air, a shadowy form that swipes through the falling form. The clone bursts into smoke before its jaws can snap down on Reaper, while the ghostly Absol lands back on the ground calmly.

Round Summary
Reaper hit W1 with Shadow Sneak, destroying the copy. Wee Jas takes 5 damage from feedback.

Esprit15
2013-07-28, 01:32 AM
Jehoash literally goes as cold as February for a moment. Some flinching from Bow shows that she is still clinging to this world, despite the brutal hit. Oh good, nobody has to have their blood replaced with ice today. Though if one of the people they were tracking before pulled the same... He takes a breath, then another. "Okay, that was close... Watt!" He lets out the Chinchou. "Whispy over there took out Bow, and she's gonna need a good trip to the center to recover from it." The Chinchou sparks angrily, firing a paralyzing jolt at the Absol.
Thunderwave
Absol is Paralyzed

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-28, 01:35 AM
Clever, but now your stuck. Wee Jas, again! W4 jumps down, landing first this time, fangs gnashing at the spent Absol.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-28, 01:48 AM
Jehoash, Lorenzo
The jolt of electricity from Watt arcs through Reaper's form, slowing him just enough that he doesn't notice the new copy of Wee Jas landing until it's too late. Reaper answers the other Absol's bite with one of his own, the two dark Pokémon locked in a duel of teeth and blades, with the ghostly Pokémon coming out the worse for wear.

Round Summary
Watt hit Reaper with Thunder Wave. Reaper is Paralyzed.
Wee Jas hit Reaper with Bite for 55 damage.
Reaper hit Wee Jas with Bite for 30 damage.

Esprit15
2013-07-28, 01:52 AM
"Watt, Spark!" The Chinchou hops down from the wall onto Reaper, electricity crackling off of her.
Spark
Electric, Physical
If crit: +[roll2]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-28, 02:13 AM
Jehoash, Lorenzo
Watt's faling form slams into Reaper like a lightning bolt, the crackling electricity surging through the Absol's spectral form. The ghostly Pokémon collapses, and Helia gives a satisfied nod as she recalls him. "An excellent fight... though I'll have to have words with young Nicholas about his behavior here. Still... if you'll allow me to scan your trainer registries, I'll get you registered so that you can face the Commander whenever you're prepared." She makes her way over to your side of the arena as you descend the platforms, and scans your Pokedex registries before leading you back out to the lobby.

Round Summary
Watt hit Reaper with Spark for 22 damage. Reaper is Fainted.

Wee Jas, Snaggles and Stark each receive 3860 XP.
Vivian, Bow and Watt each receive 3860 XP.

Esprit15
2013-07-28, 02:27 AM
As the Chinchou slams into the Absol, the electricity crackles even more, covering the angler as it glows with light. As the electricity fades, the Chinchou has grown into a much larger Lanturn. "There you go, girl!" He floats the Lanturn up to him and hugs it. "Come on, let's get Bow and Vivian fixed up." The Lanturn gives a happy click and squeal as they head to the Center.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-07-28, 02:36 AM
Good match. Lorenzo follows Jehoash out, leaving Psyke out on his shoulders. After getting healed, Lorezno heads to bed, he was tired as all get out.

When waking, he checks his trade offers.

EdroGrimshell
2013-07-28, 12:49 PM
Haruka heads into town again, heading to the registry so she could get herself the papers necessary to set up a temporary business and fill those out. She wanted to earn some extra cash tomorrow and this would probably take a while.

BluesEclipse
2013-07-28, 01:49 PM
Haruka
You don't have any difficulty getting the forms to fill out and submit - before long, you've got the forms in and just have to wait for the approval.

Aron, Ban
As you watch the match, Mike looks over and comments, "It's a great place - gives a decent challenge. And if you're looking to train a ghost type this is one of the best places to do so, in my opinion."

The match progresses, and when it's finished, Mike looks over at you. "Now that they're done, we can get you two your match." Leading you over to a set of stairs, he checks his Pokedex at a beeping and says, "Looks like Helia won't be joining us - she needs to get her team down to the medics as well. Your other opponent will be here any minute now, though," he says as he heads over to one of the platforms, directing you two to the platforms on your side of the arena.

After a moment, a dark-skinned, middle-aged woman walks in, adjusting a pair of glasses. She smiles and says, "Sorry about the wait there... was just helping another trainer with the Labyrinth." Mike nods, and answers, "Don't worry about it, Shayla... anyway, you ready for this?" Shayla nods and takes her platform, and the platforms rise back up. Mike says, "Let's get started, then, shall we? Roll, you're up!" He releases what Aron recognizes as a Shuppet, while Shayla releases a Mismagius, calling, "Let's begin, Liya."

Pick your sides and your starting mon, add them to the map and post speed.

Lorenzo
Give me a bit to get your trades together.

Tybar
2013-07-28, 02:34 PM
Aron releases Arluin in front of him. Arluin, let's start off this match well!

Speed 6 for Arluin

KujiUn
2013-07-28, 03:57 PM
"Alright! Go, Camel!" He takes out his Numel, getting ready for the battle!

BluesEclipse
2013-07-28, 04:04 PM
Ban, Aron
Shayla nods, and says, "A Numel and a Croconaw... they'll cover each other's weaknesses well. Our advantage is mobility, however... and I'll be making full use of it. Liya, over the wall and close in!" The Mismagius nods, gliding up and towards Yellow Camel, hovering above the wall.

Round Summary
Liya takes no action.

Both Arluin and Yellow Camel are faster than the Shuppet. Also, if you need it, link for the map is here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah6-iyD21LrrdDhtNWU5Q0FGNnp6V2oxOUowNXEtWHc#gid=24).

KujiUn
2013-07-28, 05:54 PM
Camel starts on the trip around before focusing on his energy.

Unused Rolls:
[roll0] [roll1]

Tybar
2013-07-28, 10:16 PM
Arluin, soak Liya!

Arluin nods and trundles forward, shooting a stream of water at the ghost.

Arluin used Water Gun!
AC 2, Water Special damage
[roll0]
[roll1]

If successful:

Aron uses Tactical Strike:
[roll2]
If higher than 15:
Good job, now get in closer and freak her out!

Arluin shifts closer and uses Scary Face!
AC 2, lower speed 2 stages on a hit.
[roll3]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-28, 10:25 PM
Ban, Aron
Yellow Camel moves over and begins focusing, while Arluin fires a jet of water that splashes over the Mismagius, but barely scratches it. Mike calls out, "Alright, Roll... phase through the walls and get yourself into position." The Shuppet becomes intangible as it glides through the arena walls, moving towards the center of the field. Shayla nods, and says, "Return fire with Psybeam, Liya." The Mismagius glides down off the side of the wall stopping about halfway down and blasting Arluin with a beam of psychic power.

Round Summary
Yellow Camel used Focus Energy. Yellow Camel is Focused.
Arluin hit Liya with Water Gun for 2 damage.
Liya hit Arluin with Psybeam for 35 damage.

KujiUn
2013-07-28, 11:15 PM
"Ooh, I should have paid attention earlier..." Ban mutters to himself. "Yellow, try to go around!"

Just shifting.

Tybar
2013-07-29, 02:48 PM
Aron winces as Arluin is hit hard. Okay Arluin, time to show that ghost a thing or two about being scary!

Arluin runs up under Liya and opens his jaws intimidatingly.

Arluin uses Scary Face
AC: 2, if successful, lower speed by 2 stages.
[roll0]

Aron uses Tactical Strike if Scary Face is successful!
[roll1]
If greater than 15:

Quick, she's open, hop up for a bite!

Arluin leaps up and snaps his jaws at Liya.

Arluin uses Bite!
AC 2: Dark Physical damage
[roll2]
Dmg:
[roll3]

BluesEclipse
2013-07-30, 02:05 AM
And it seems we're at 50 again. Time for a third thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295118)