PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming on StP Erudite

Melnir
2012-11-17, 05:08 PM
I'm building a StP Erudite for a new campaign, and I started thinking on getting 9th level spell. I know I'm not the first and I won't be the last, so I looked at some old threads and I found the psychic surgery way, thanks to an epic erudite.

Then I started thinking: is there a way to lower the a spell's effective level, so an erudite can learn 9th level spells as 8th level spells? I thought that some domain have 9th level spells on lower levels and then I thought about sanctum spell. Now, if a wizard takes sanctum spell on a 9th level spell, then goes outside the sanctum, the spell as an effective level 1 lower, so it would be an 8th level spell. Would the erudite be able to learn it as an 8th level spell now? I might be completely wrong, but I'd like to know everyone's opinion :smallsmile:

Thanks

jaybird
2012-11-17, 05:10 PM
Unless it says "Sorcerer/Wizard 8" in the spell description, it isn't an 8th level spell.

Silva Stormrage
2012-11-17, 05:12 PM
Unless it says "Sorcerer/Wizard 8" in the spell description, it isn't an 8th level spell.

+1

You can't reduce the spell level like that. Regardless what slot it takes up time stop will always be a wizard sorcerer spell of ninth level.

Rubik
2012-11-17, 06:06 PM
+1You can't reduce the spell level like that. Regardless what slot it takes up time stop will always be a wizard sorcerer spell of ninth level.Except when you can. The Sanctum Spell feat makes all of a wizard's spells count as one level lower or higher depending on where he prepares them. Thus, if the erudite learns a spell from the right caster in the right place, he can learn all his spells as spells of one level lower.

Spuddles
2012-11-17, 08:37 PM
Except when you can. The Sanctum Spell feat makes all of a wizard's spells count as one level lower or higher depending on where he prepares them. Thus, if the erudite learns a spell from the right caster in the right place, he can learn all his spells as spells of one level lower.

Not where he prepares them; where he casts them.

Melnir
2012-11-18, 04:57 AM
Ok, thanks everyone. I was wondering if there is a way without an epic Erudite to get 9th level spells, any ideas?