PDA

View Full Version : Domains and Contemplative question

gooddragon1
2012-11-17, 07:39 PM
Does a cleric with domain spells continue to gain access to those domain spells when taking levels in contemplative?

10th level cleric becomes 1st level contemplative, does he now know his 6th level domain spell?

Marnath
2012-11-17, 07:44 PM
Does a cleric with domain spells continue to gain access to those domain spells when taking levels in contemplative?

10th level cleric becomes 1st level contemplative, does he now know his 6th level domain spell?

The sample contemplative is 10 cleric/3 contemplative and has her 6th and 7th domain spells as well as 13 rounds of the travel domain greater power, so I'd have to say yes.

gooddragon1
2012-11-17, 07:47 PM
The sample contemplative is 10 cleric/3 contemplative and has her 6th and 7th domain spells as well as 13 rounds of the travel domain greater power, so I'd have to say yes.

Spot check fail on my part. Thanks for pointing that out.

Marnath
2012-11-17, 07:56 PM
Spot check fail on my part. Thanks for pointing that out.

No problem. :smallsmile:
I should mention that it's not always great to consult the sample characters since a lot of them are poorly built or downright illegal by the rules. It's good for seeing what they intend in cases like this though. Like when I looked at Master of Many Forms, it doesn't advance duration of wildshape but it does advance the HD and the uses per day. It doesn't say that so I had to check the sample guy.