PDA

View Full Version : Lereth(IC thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Togath
2012-11-18, 08:03 PM
Link to ooc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261411)

Time: about two hours after noon.
Date: 3rd day of first quarter(649 AFR[after founding of Raseri])
((a Lereth year is divided into four quarters, each 95 days long
Years in Lereth are most commonly counted from either how long before, or how long after the founding of Raseri it was/is))

Notices and Posts on Stormport's Noticeboards;
“The yearly Verdan peach festival is coming soon. Inquire for information about setting up stalls or events at the dockmaster’s office in Stormport or Maelstrom, or at Bo’s Trading post in Verdan itself”

“WANTED ALIVE: Belzallor Tribbles, for theft of goods[5 counts], assaulting the guard[8 counts], and escaping imprisonment[1 counts].
Victim is offering 20 fingers of jade as bounty for his capture.
Inquire at West Gate Stormport guard station for more information.”

“New shipment of Gliding Weasels as Korth’s pet stall, only 40 gold pieces each.
Located in the port bazaar, locate with stall code 253”

Announcments/Rumors;
“The king of Xiang is visiting Stormport on the 12th of first quarter, for a public meeting with the Triarchy at the Bazaar’s Plaza”

The Bazaar itself;
Over near the docks, in front of a small, battered boat--which appears to have been patched together from driftwood, planks, and parts of aged ship wrecks--is an odd, scrawny old man, wearing a battered shirt, and sun-bleached trousers covered in small holes with a few patches made from various types of cloth. He has a long grey beard and mustache, and scraggily, tangled hair, as well as a crude eyepatch fashioned from strips of aged cloth. He’s sitting an a barrel near the odd little ship, telling what sounds like a tall tail about an island and ancient ruins, as well as tails of strange fauna, such as a man eating fruit tree and an odd purple predator that sounds like a combination of a tiger and a rat, as well as an odd tale about a flock of metal birds.
Off near a rug merchant’s stall there also appears to be a scuffle breaking out between a visiting ogre and the merchant, a tall fairy dressed in purple and blue silk, with a chained man carrying a heavy pile of the rugs she's selling behind her. quickly approaching this scuffle is the guard in charge of security at the bazaar, a rather lanky goblin--named Lorenzo from what you’ve heard during your time in Stormport--he appears to have his hand on his sword’s hilt as he moves towards the ogre, and has two human guards following behind him, one with a mancatcher and the other carrying a pair of large shackles in one hand, and a tonfa in the other.
Coming out of a road leading to the Bazaar you can also see a rather roughed up looking goblin, wearing rather worn merchant's clothes and carrying a small satchel over his shoulder made out of a scrap of cloth with a few of what appear to be fresh burn marks on it.

galenbd
2012-11-19, 01:21 PM
Angharad walked into town around four hours ago. Thankfully, Coli could be convinced to wait in the woods outside the walls...at least until nightfall. Having wandered around getting lost, she managed to find her way posting board.

There were many interesting pages already posted and fluttered in the wind. However, Angharad had never heard of a Gilded Weasel. Wondering what made then valuable enough to sell, she elected to wander through the marketplace looking for a stall with a number 253.

shugyosha
2012-11-19, 01:43 PM
Olomara

It was one of her pleasures, going out to the Bazaar. She had snuck out and had Mari cover her from her over-protective parents. Olomara kept her striking white hair covered and huddled herself in a drab shall.

She read the post on the board and wondered if a Gliding Weasel would make a good pet.

Turning her shoulder she saw the argument between the merchant and ogre. She moves in to get a closer look.

As she has lived here for most of her life, does she recognize the merchant?
[roll0] knowledge local

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-19, 06:24 PM
Alamix strode through the marketplace, his blue cloak billowing in the wind. He stopped at a signboard, noticing a poster advertising "gliding weasels". Must be some flying squirrel hybrid, he mused. Then he glanced at another poster. Belzallor Tribbles... The name sounded vaguely familiar.

Well, twenty fingers of jade was enough to capture his interest. Alamix set off for the West Gate guard station.

EDIT: Since he wasn't sure where the guard station was, Alamix set off for the west gate.

Chained Birds
2012-11-19, 09:54 PM
Snarin

A worn looking Orc wearing heavy gloves and and a dirtied hide mask listens in on the old man's tales. Some interest him, while others cause his imagination to wander back to the simpler times of looking at the beauty he and his father would create. Metal Birds. I remember some of the young ones used to call them by that name. Such pleasant memories. The Orc thinks to himself.
Getting up from his seated position leaning against part of the pier, the Orc towers past the Old Man and gives him a passive grin as he wanders towards the Guard Station.
After reading about a post on the Noticeboard, Snarin felt a strong will to capture the featured criminal. He really doesn't understand it all that well, but best do what his mind wants and let his broken body follow along. Though he has been wondering whether his mind is the one at play in making some of his decisions.

Togath
2012-11-19, 10:10 PM
Angharad walked into town around four hours ago. Thankfully, Coli could be convinced to wait in the woods outside the walls...at least until nightfall. Having wandered around getting lost, she managed to find her way posting board.

There were many interesting pages already posted and fluttered in the wind. However, Angharad had never heard of a Gilded Weasel. Wondering what made then valuable enough to sell, she elected to wander through the marketplace looking for a stall with a number 253.

As you near the stall you can see a rather round man sitting behind a small table, surrounded by many small cages, the ones nearest the front each contain a trio of weasel like creatures.

"Hello miss, have you come seeking a companion?, I just got a fresh shipment of gliding weasels from the oasis of Aldabb, or perhaps you'd fancy a pigmy forest cat? I still have a few from my supplier’s last trip the untamed eastern woodlands of Auk" says the man as you approach.

Olomara

It was one of her pleasures, going out to the Bazaar. She had snuck out and had Mari cover her from her over-protective parents. Olomara kept her striking white hair covered and huddled herself in a drab shall.

She read the post on the board and wondered if a Gliding Weasel would make a good pet.

Turning her shoulder she saw the argument between the merchant and ogre. She moves in to get a closer look.

As she has lived here for most of her life, does she recognize the merchant?
[roll0] knowledge local

The merchant does not appear to be from around here.
It appears the ogre is offended by her slave, a common sight in some lands, but an outlawed practice in the ogre nation of Xiang.

Snarin;
The old man turns for a moment to follow you with his eyes, before going back to his stories.

Alamix and Snarin;

As you near the west gate the guard station come into view, it's door is propped open with a small rock, and a signboard, sign the one by the docks is posted outside of the station's entrance.

galenbd
2012-11-19, 10:18 PM
Angharad stands stunned when she sees the small creatures caged. She almost doesn't hear his sales pitch.

She strolls slowly over to the table and asks, "This is an unseeming display. Why must you cage such beautiful creatures? Surely they draw more customers climbing around your stall."

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-19, 10:20 PM
Alamix sidles into the guard station.

Togath
2012-11-20, 03:59 AM
Angharad stands stunned when she sees the small creatures caged. She almost doesn't hear his sales pitch.

She strolls slowly over to the table and asks, "This is an unseeming display. Why must you cage such beautiful creatures? Surely they draw more customers climbing around your stall."

"The cages 'elp keep the little guys from runnin' amok, and the weasels can be vicious and sting or bite when startled, I've 'eard tales of folk even losin' hands ta them”

Alamix sidles into the guard station.

As you enter a large man, wearing the a tabard with the icon of Stormport(a predatory bird silhouetted black against a white moon, with a green background) shouts to you;"More recruits for the guard‽, Or are you here about a bail or a bounty‽"

Zefir
2012-11-20, 04:12 AM
Xidor wakes up in the morning. Some time has passed by since he left and he decides to go to the Bazaar.

He only throws a short look over the message board, before his attention is drawn to the story teller. He can't remember any land like the one in the story and after the man is done he will go to speak with him.

"Good Day Sir. Your story sounds intressting, but may you tell me where this Land can be found?"

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-20, 09:41 AM
"I'm here about the bounty on Belzallor Tribbles, good sir.The poster said to come here for more information. Do you have a picture of him?" Alamix unconsciously shrugs to cloak the base of his wings, and approaches the guard.

Fibinachi
2012-11-20, 11:05 AM
Slip took one last look in the mirror to make sure his eyes were where they were supposed to be. Everything seemedin order, but these days it paid to check twice. Strange things had been happening.

But today was another grand day in Stormport! Home of a thousand different things, traders and thieves and everything else. And frankly, whether or not Slip was feeling quite like himself, he still needed to eat. Something he seemed to do quite a bit recently, but that simply provided another reason to find work, make the world a better place.

The notice boards were a good place to start, so after he had checked himself in the mirror one more last time (did his eyes always look like that?), he left behind the tiny room in the tavern he called home this week and went in search of opportunities.
---

Later on, after he he had browsed the boards and acquired a bottle of something spicey from a very happy looking goblin merchant with a remarkable fine pair of tusks and skin rather like worn granite, Slip paused a moment to take things in. There was an argument brewing between - who was that again? Lorenzo? - and an ogre, but the wily goblin seemed to have it well in hand. Curiously, a second argument was apparently kicking up between a seller of animals a little way off and what could be an elf with unusually dark hair.

That was, essentially, the problem with living in Stormport. Too many interesting things happening in a day. And it was only a little after noon!

Slip shook his head, and for one brief dizzy moment managed to obtain three hundred and sixty degree vision of his surroundings, much to the detriment of his spine. The bounty could wait for now, as it no doubt would. No, the thing to do was to go have a look at gliding weasels. And then find out if they were delicious.

No. Wait. That last thought was a little strange.

Slip shook his head again. The thing to do, clearly, was to go have a listen at the argument brewing and, perchance, find out if it was actually a brown haired elf. And also if weasels tasted delicious.

There it was again!

Slip decides to walk closer to Korth's Pet Stall, and does so without doing much else

shugyosha
2012-11-20, 11:06 AM
Olomara

She steps up to the ogre and tries her best to explain to him the laws and customs of Stormport, "I know you think this is an awful thing, but we use slavery as a for more punishment. He will be freed once his term of indenture is over. "

Chained Birds
2012-11-20, 01:26 PM
Snarin

"Ah, I feel like bringing the man to justice. Though I do not know why... Either way, what can you tell us of the man?"

galenbd
2012-11-20, 06:26 PM
Perplexed, Angharad furrows her brow and asks, "Well, any animal will bite if treated poorly, but won't they run amok in your customer's homes anyway."

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-20, 06:58 PM
Alamix glances at the newcomer, an orc wearing a strange mask of hide and bone, and raises an eyebrow.

Togath
2012-11-21, 03:30 AM
Xidor:
"The tale does not make a note of the winds, west of the west it says, south of north, by the mountain of flame they stay. but...who truly knows?, Maybe it be like the jabberwock, maybe it's as true as the flamespitters" says the old man, in an odd singsong voice.

Alamix and Snarin:
"let me see if I can find a picture of him" says the guard as he digs around a moment "ah here it is, drawn by our scryer" he shows you a picture of a tall man with very long, lanky arms, small beady eyes, short hair, and a mustache reaching down to his chest. "we don't know much about him, thought he was just a common thief until he escaped. We know he's capable of using some sort of magic though, as he left a field of unnatural spears of ice, and many of the guards he attacked were suffering from frost burn when we found them along the road to Verdan, about two miles along it from the west gate"

Olomara and Slip:
"but it's just not right!, A criminal shouldn't just be allowed to go free, they should fight in the area, prove themselves strong!"he still looks angered, but also a bit flustered, as he's started to attract attention, and because he's noticed the nearing guards.

Angharad:
"they can be vicious, but as long as I don't let the customers find out before they buy, it's more money for me aint it? And I can't very well just release these things, the guards might notice if I did" he says in a jovial matter, clearly not caring about possibly killing or injuring his customers or others.

Zefir
2012-11-21, 04:40 AM
"That sounds mysterious." Xidor answers and then mumbles " West of the West Sout of north..."

His attention goes back to the story teller.

"Well thank you."

Xidor will thne go on walking aroun at the bazaar, thinking about any place that fit's the story.

Togath
2012-11-21, 05:03 AM
make a knowledge check for knowledge: History(since it seems like a notable thing), Local(since it's a specific area), and Geography(since it's an island with a volcano)

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-21, 09:15 AM
Alamix

"So he'll be in Verdan?" Alamix nods. "Thank you for your help, sir. I- We- will do our best to catch him."

shugyosha
2012-11-21, 10:16 AM
Olomara and Slip:
"but it's just not right!, A criminal shouldn't just be allowed to go free, they should fight in the area, prove themselves strong!"he still looks angered, but also a bit flustered, as he's started to attract attention, and because he's noticed the nearing guards.

Olomara
"That is not our way, strength does not make you right, here." Olomara looks at the on coming guards and tries a different tactic to calm the large ogre, "Why don't you calm down and tell me of your homeland. You must miss it."

Chained Birds
2012-11-21, 12:45 PM
Snarin

"So be it. I do hope it is not too difficult to capture him... Though he does sound dangerous."

Snarin leaves towards the path to Verdan.

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-21, 04:02 PM
Alamix leaves alongside Snarin.

"Hello, friend. I don't believe we have been introduced. I'm Alamix. Would you be averse to teaming up to catch this villain? Although, come to think of it, I need to get a sap or something. Wouldn't want to accidentally kill the guy, would we?"

galenbd
2012-11-21, 10:57 PM
Angharad looks at the man and can't keep the look of disgust off her face. What a reprehensible human. His greed consumes him and he cares not for the pain he causes beast or human.

She manages, "Don't your customers come back to complain when the animal savages them?"

Chained Birds
2012-11-21, 11:24 PM
Snarin

Looking down at the man with a natural intimidation behind his words,

"May you not burn horribly throughout our venture Mr. Alamix. I am Chong Snarin, son of Chong Choten. If you need to take measure to ensure the enemy's capture, be my guest. I do not need time to do such tasks and will await for you accompaniment by the entrance."

With that, he gives a bow and leaves the man behind.

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-22, 09:03 AM
Alamix walks quickly back to the bazaar to buy a blackjack.

Togath
2012-11-22, 09:18 AM
Olomara and Slip:
"my, my homeland...it is a truly beutifal place, and we have been in peace for a long time...though some sadness is present, as rumors have spread that our emperer is dying, and his next in line was recently slain in battle against the dragon hordes. I had come here to watch our emperer's meeting with the triarchy here"he says, dsitracted, and calmer now...

Angharad:
“Why would I worry about such a thing missy?, I always make sure ta leave town before they got a chance ta” he says with a bit of a chuckle

Alamix:
you are able to find one fairly easily, and are able to return to the gate within a few minutes.

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-22, 10:20 AM
Alamix rejoins Snarin.
"Well, I'm ready to leave for Verdan." If Snarin has no objection, we set off.

shugyosha
2012-11-22, 10:33 AM
Olomara

"Oh, you part of a diplomatic envoy? Are you part of his royal guard?"

Togath
2012-11-22, 11:21 AM
Xidor(sorry about the late response):
The birds sound similar to the tale of the stymphalian birds, a legendary creature said to dwell in the far west reaches of Xiang. Though the ones the old man described sounded closer to golems then flesh and blood, metal feathered birds.

Alamix & Snarin:
leaving the gate, the main road out of town is still moist from recent rainfall, but still firm, and not too muddy. About an hour into your journey you reach what appears to be the location of his escape, parts of a wagon and a few small craters marking the road, and the ditch to your right, and some patches of frost still remain.

Olomara:
"I'm not a part of his envoy, I've come incase he crowns Xiao, your grand admiral, his successor, in leave of biological heirs. As it is considered a great honor to be present at the crowning of our emperors, which has usually occurred only once per century”

shugyosha
2012-11-22, 11:37 AM
Olomara

"You're from Xiang... I should have realized that. I didn't think they were be here so soon. Why do you think your emperor would choose Xiao?"

Is Xiao an Ogre?

Togath
2012-11-22, 11:55 AM
"he is a member of the highest ranking family below the emperor, though he does lack a blood relation to him, he still seems like the most likely candidate"
aye he's an ogre, I also found out with a google search there was a real world Chinese admiral named Xiao apparently...it's a bit funny that I didn't even notice that until after I decided on "Grand Admiral" as a title.
It's also entertaining that there is apparently an avatar(the animation with the martial artists, not the movie with the blue aliens) character named Admiral Zhao as well.

Zefir
2012-11-22, 01:13 PM
"Hmm, didn't I read something about Xiang today?"

Xidor goes back to the board, looking again at the note.

"Well I did, but I doubt he would talk to me."

He then waits a moment near the board, thining what to do now.

And don't forget Xin Zaho the League of Legends Champion. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zwtGwKlk2ZM/TtWYA8hsdYI/AAAAAAAABZU/PqcGj0W3o10/s1600/XinZhao_Splash_0.jpg

Fibinachi
2012-11-22, 02:02 PM
You can learn a lot by standing around in public places and just listen

"I know you think this is an awful thing, but we use slavery as a for more punishment. He will be freed once his term of indenture is over. "

"But it's just not right! A criminal shouldn't just be allowed to go free, they should fight in the area, prove themselves strong!"

"Why don't you calm down and tell me of your homeland. You must miss it."

"My, my homeland... It is a truly beautiful place, and we have been in peace for a long time...though some sadness is present, as rumors have spread that our Emperor is dying, and his next in line was recently slain in battle against the dragon hordes. I had come here to watch our emperor's meeting with the Triarchy here"

"Oh, you part of a diplomatic envoy? Are you part of his royal guard?"

"I'm not a part of his envoy, I've come incase he crowns Xiao, your grand admiral, his successor, in leave of biological heirs. As it is considered a great honor to be present at the crowning of our emperors, which has usually occurred only once per century”

"You're from Xiang... I should have realized that. I didn't think they were be here so soon. Why do you think your emperor would choose Xiao?"

"He is a member of the highest ranking family below the emperor, though he does lack a blood relation to him, he still seems like the most likely candidate"

For instance, the large influx of ogres into Stormport is being caused by the gradual death of an Emperor. And Ogres dislike the assumption that slavery improves your capacity for civil service and cultural appreciation. This could be interesting. Slip shook his head, then refocused. Taking a step closer to the pair (and interesting how they matched, this ogre and much smaller woman), Slip tried to time his interjection into a pause in the conversation.

"I shall interupt.

Wait."

Slip blinked. He was forgetting something.

"No. The phrase is: Excuse me, can I interrupt? Do you Good Si-- Good Ogre, know when great honor will be yours? That is, when your current Emperor may crown this new possible Emperor? It sounds like a day worth being present for. Meaning no intentional disrespect in relation to your current Emperor, whom I guess we hope will recover from his ailment. Yes?"

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-22, 03:27 PM
Alamix

"I suppose we ought to search the area..."

Alamix kneels and begins to pick through the wreckage.

My Perception check: [roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-11-22, 06:01 PM
Snarin

"Perhaps, my eyes do see stuff beyond want others can at times. Though I can only make out the presence of those with mystical powers... Which sounds like this man possess some..."

Perception Check: [roll0] + Detect Magic

Togath
2012-11-23, 11:55 AM
Olomara & Slip:
"The meeting is in about nine days time."

Alamix:
The wreckage seems to have had most of it's metal sorted out and removed for some reason.

Snarin:
you nearly miss it, but you can see faint auras of evocation magic to the left/west of the road, as well that stronger auras coming from the patches of frost.

Chained Birds
2012-11-23, 12:11 PM
Snarin

"I believe I've found our next heading. Be wary."

Snarin follows the aura going West.

shugyosha
2012-11-23, 05:50 PM
Olomara

"You're here early," she says and smiles at the quirky young man. Turning back to the ogre she asks, "What do you plan to do in the meantime?"

galenbd
2012-11-23, 09:32 PM
Angharad chuckles, "Now I understand. Then you come back a couple years later and no one remembers by then. Sounds like you've got a pretty good system going."

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-24, 09:52 AM
Alamix follows Snarin.

"When we find him, let's try to surround him- one on each side, I mean. If he's distracted, I can hit some soft spots with this," Alamix says, spinning his sap.

Togath
2012-11-25, 01:49 AM
Olomara & Slip:
"I was planning to open a small noodle shop in the market, to help fund my stay in the inn. But now that all this has happened, I doubt I'll be able to"
"You've only committed a minor felony sir, and you stopped before freeing her slave, so I doubt you'll get more then a fine" says Lorenzo to the ogre, now that he's caught up

Angharad:
“This’s only my first time ‘ere though, if you’d want to help me advertize I could split he profits from ‘ere wit’ ya, as I could always use some help”

Alamix & Snarin:
after following the trail for about 100-125 feet you finally reach a small clearing in the woods, though it’’s still nearly covered by branches up about 30 feet. There’s not much in it, other then a small pond to the right of the entrance, and covered in thick pond weeds, and a large mossy hill at the western(so across from the entrance) edge of it, with several rotten small stumps on it.

Zefir
2012-11-25, 04:46 AM
Xidor has no idea what to do now. There isn't really anything he can do until the king arrives. He hopes that at some point he may talk to one of his stuff members.

He goes around on the bazzar listening to the old man again.

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-25, 09:17 AM
Alamix studies the area uneasily. "Well... He could be hiding in the pond. Let's check that out first, then move on to the hill."
Alamix grabs a tree branch, intending to drag it across the bottom of the pond in a search.

Perception check for looking around the area: [roll0]
If I don't see anything, then a perception check for dredging the pool, if that is the appropriate skill: [roll1]

Togath
2012-11-25, 10:04 AM
Xidor:
"ah, hello lad, did you come back to hear more of my tales? I was about the start another" says the old man as you return.

Alamix & Snarin:
You see nothing particularly suspicious on land, and when you dredge the pond you feel only mud, with a patch of what feel like large pointy rocks. You also knock loose a trio of fresh cucumbers, one partly eaten.

shugyosha
2012-11-25, 11:42 AM
Olomara

"Minor Felony? What did he do? He didn't draw his weapon. All he did was have an argument with a merchant. If that was a crime you'd have to arrest half the people in this bazaar," she says to the goblin.

Turning to the merchant Olomara says, "Right, nothing really happened but a misunderstanding. I mean word of your graciousness will spread and who knows what dignitary might appear to show his appreciation for your understanding to his people."

galenbd
2012-11-25, 11:48 AM
I need to get away from this man.
Angharad replies, "I have some other goods to pick up. I will keep you in mind as I do. Thank you for your time."

Angharad steps away from the repugnant man and wanders further down the market place. Plagued by a feeling of urgency, she takes her time by necessity, looking over the several other stalls. Once she's gone a good distance from the man, she sits down to think.

How do I get those animals away from him? Stealing them would be easiest, but I'd be an obvious suspect.

I could talk to the animals about how to escape, but they'd probably get killed before getting out of the city. Also, if they were to come to me, I'd be a suspect.

In either case, that would not stop him from gathering more animals and doing this again.Gahh. I can't solve the trade in dangerous animals today. One thing at a time. I don't have the coin to buy them all outright, but as greedy as he is, I bet I can trade him a finger of jade for them. If I can find that bandit.

Decision made, Angharad, asks a local where the West Gate Stormport guard station is and follows their directions to it.

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-25, 01:50 PM
Alamix
"Huh. I was almost expecting to find a dead body in there," Alamix grins as he leads the way toward the nearby hill.

"You know, I have to ask. Why do you wear that strange mask, Snarin?"

Chained Birds
2012-11-25, 01:53 PM
Snarin

Snarin ignores the question for now.

"Perhaps the hill then."

Snarin search around the hill, using his arcane detection skills.

Perception: [roll0] + Detect Magic

Zefir
2012-11-25, 02:38 PM
Xidor takes a seat on a barrel nearby.

"Yes, don't feel interrupted by me."

Togath
2012-11-27, 08:12 AM
Olomara:
"I suppose I can let this slip, this time.." says the fairie
"very well then" answers Lorenzo

Angharad:
as you enter the guard station a tall guard((same one as the one Alamix and Snarin met)) greets you with "Hello there!, Are you another searching for Bellzalor's bounty‽ Two people just came by, You could probably still catch up with them!"

Alamix and Snarin:
you can sense a small aura of transmutation magic from the side of the hill.
[roll0]
[roll1]
You also here some splashing coming from the pool, as well as a raspy voice saying "Thieves, dirty cucumber thieves...", it appears to be coming from an odd, squat turtle-like humanoid, with a very rough stone-like shell, and a bowl-like depression on it's head.

Xidor:
As you sit down the old man starts a tale, about a band of brave sailors who find an island filled with fungi in place of plants, soon after arriving they started to use a specific, and rather tasty kind of mushroom as a food source. Over a few days however, those who ate the fungi begin to change into half-human half-fungi beings, now with a taste for the flesh of humanoids. According to the tale, only one sailor escaped.

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-27, 09:01 AM
Alamix walks over to the strange creature and squints at it.

"Excuse me... what cucumber thieves?"

Is the turtle-creature in the same pond we just searched, or a different one?

Togath
2012-11-27, 10:27 AM
Alamix and Snarin:
"You, you poked me with a stick and knocked my cucumbers out of my hands" says the odd creature, miffed but not hostile.
the kappa came from the pond you dredged, it was the patch of stones :smallwink:

shugyosha
2012-11-27, 10:48 AM
Olomara

Beaming a satisfied smile she gives a polite bow to the constable and merchant, "Your generosity and mercy knows no bounds."

Turning back to the ogre and the strange man, "I am Olomara and what is your names?"

Zefir
2012-11-27, 11:50 AM
Xidor appears less intressed in this story. The other one was clearly talking about ruins which Xidor is intressed in. Walking Fungi seems rather normal due to the world he lives in. That said he takes some looks around during the story, but he will stay for another one.^^

Chained Birds
2012-11-27, 02:40 PM
Snarin

Knowledge (Arcane or Nature): [roll0]
- To identify creature

"Well. My ally is probably very sorry for disturbing you today. But seeing as you are a resident of this area, have you seen any other travelers move by here disturbing you land? Especially one who might posses mystical powers."

Snarin is unsure of what this creature might be, cut doesn't find it very threatening.

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-27, 06:43 PM
Alamix

"Yes, sorry about that... The one who passed by here is a criminal. If he sees you, he may harm you."

Making a diplomacy check to improve his attitude, if applicable: [roll0]

galenbd
2012-11-28, 04:41 PM
Angharad nods at the guard. "I am though I suspect I will need help. Where did you send them? Maybe I can catch up with them."

Togath
2012-11-28, 05:33 PM
Olomara & Slip:
"My name is Yun Ji"

Xidor:
The old man begins another story, this time about a temple on top of a mountain, built long ago, and hard to find through the thick fog that shrouds the area. According to the tal,e a young warrior stopped by one day, to rest during a long journey. As he was lead to a room to stay in he was told "no matter what you hear, you must not leave during the night". Soon after night had fallen he started to hear odd noises, at first merely thumping noises and the sound of someone running back and forth along the hallways outside of the door, despite this he decided not to take a look after all it wasn't his business to wonder why the monks were moving about at night...
after an hour the noises changed, thumping being replaced by scratching, and the noises of movement changing to snarls. Despite this he still did not leave, after all the temple seemed well guarded, and surely the guards could protect themselves...
after a few more hours, the time now approaching midnight, the noises changed once more, scratching changing to the sound of burning flames, and snarls changing to screams of terror, despite this the warrior did not leave, after all, if the guards were overpowered what chance would he have?..
after even more time, with night being near dawn the noises finally vanished, after a few minutes the warrior opened his door, hoping to escape what was surely a ruined temple now...but as he packed his weapons and belongings, and left his room, he found the hallway unmarred, after wandering the temple for a bit, and finding it somehow unharmed, he reached the entrance once more, and found a figure standing in the same place as earlier. As he neared the doors the figure spoke "now what did I tell you earlier?" as he warrior turned, he saw that instead of the kind old monk, there now stood a hunched, humanoid shape, seemingly a hole in the air. Many weeks after that, the warrior was eventually found by a goat herder, starving and injured, with a terrified expression on his face, and laying in a stream in the valley where the goat herder fed his goats in spring. After reviving him with a small amount of food the young warrior recalled this tale, knowing nothing of how he got to the river, despite his clear memory of the temple itself. Upon finishing this tale the goat herder said to him "but there is no temple on the mountain anymore, it burned to the ground many tens of years ago"

Alamix & Snarin:
you are able to identify it as a kappa, an odd, and rare, type of water dwelling humanoid, most often found in the Westlands. Kappa are also known to often be aggressive, but they can be pacified by offerings of horse meat or cucumbers.
“another person?” says the kappa “a man did run by, he was the one who gave me the other two cucumbers...” “I think he went towards the hill”

Angharad:
“Bellzalor escaped from us about a two miles out from West Gate, along the main road”

galenbd
2012-11-28, 10:04 PM
Angharad turns quickly, heading for the door. She casts, "Thanks!" over her shoulder as she strides out.

She waits at the West Gate for a wain to pass through, then strolls out on her own. About half a mile down the main road, she whistles for Coli who braks out of the underbrush having been tracking her all the while.

They stroll along, enjoying the day, until they arrive at the location the guard had described.

Chained Birds
2012-11-28, 10:23 PM
Snarin

"Good to know. Goodbye."

Snarin starts walking away will no hesitation.

shugyosha
2012-11-28, 11:42 PM
Olomara

She greets the ogre with a large smile, "Good to meet you Yun Ji," she says. She turns to the boy and waits for his introduction.

Proud Tortoise
2012-11-29, 09:25 AM
Alamix follows Snarin, walking quickly toward the hills.

Fibinachi
2012-11-29, 02:38 PM
"Olomara, Yun Ji? Pleased to meet you. Interesting story. Noodles. Lorenzo is an ardent peacekeeper. So I imagine things are good now."

Slip blinks once, remembering something. He should add something to the jumble of words.

"Also my name is Slip. Well, that is my nickname. My other name is long and boring and has many syllables because my parents had a confused sense of humor and an interesting idea of entitlement. So simply Slip! Easy to remember, quite fitting. You both seem like nice people."

Things seemed to have calmed down and resolved themselves. Which was not unexpected, really - fistfights really didn't occur that often. Slip blinked again, before shaking his head and taking a sip of his drink. He waited a heartbeat, testing for another conversation stater. No one seemed to be speaking.

"Apologies for my sullen silence. I did not want to interrupt your conversation. Or Lorenzo. They get picky about their... slaves. Sad thing. Say, Miss Olomara, what brings you to the bazaar today?"

Togath
2012-12-01, 02:48 AM
Angharad:
you reach the road in time to hear Alamix's and Snarin's conversation with the kappa.

Alamix & Snarin:
Content to go back to it's pond and eat, the kappa picks up it's cucumbers and walks back into the waters.
As you start searching the hill you notice it appears to actually be a very thick layer of moss, upon a base of stones, there appears to be a soft spot on the side.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-01, 09:18 AM
Alamix kicks at the soft spot.

Perception check to see or hear Angharad: Edit: Hehe, forgot to actually roll: 1d20+6

shugyosha
2012-12-01, 09:59 AM
Olomara

"It's nie to meet you Slip. I just like to come to the bazaar and look around when I can," she answers. Turning back to the ogre, "Well Yun Ji, it looks like a new noodle shop in the Bazaar would come just in time for our peach festival. I'll be the first in line to try your food. Good luck to you."

galenbd
2012-12-01, 05:29 PM
Angharad hears the sounds of conversation and susses out that they are heading for the hill. The odd creature seems a bit grumpy. Not wishing to disturb it, she elects to circle around the pond quietly and bypass them all.

She comes up the hill quietly and sees the two of them gathered in one place and kicking something on the ground. She leans casually against a tree and clears her throat gently.

"HaHem"

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-01, 09:13 PM
Alamix spins around, whips out his light crossbow, and shoots. But at the last possible moment, he realizes his error, and the shot flies wide. Lowering his crossbow, he cries, "Who the hrekin are you?"

Togath
2012-12-02, 01:35 AM
((Adding this since I forgot to add it earlier))

Alamix, Angharad, and Snarin:
as Snarin kicks at the soft spot he almost loses his balance, as his foot goes through the layer of moss into an opening into the ground

Zefir
2012-12-02, 08:08 AM
Xidor listens closer this time. An old temple sounds very intresting, since it could be close to the things he searches for. At the end he claps in his hands.

"You really have a thing for stories."

Chained Birds
2012-12-02, 05:53 PM
Snarin

While Alamix is surprised by the newcomer, Snarin just enters the hill to get a small peak at the insides. Using his Darkvision and Magic Detection if necessary.

galenbd
2012-12-03, 07:13 AM
Angharad flinches as the bolt flies past,"Twitchy, aren't you. I'm Angharad. The guard told me a couple people came up this way looking for a fugitive. I'm wondering if could use any help."

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-03, 09:12 AM
Alamix squints at Angharad. "I suppose you want a share of the reward money?"

galenbd
2012-12-03, 08:08 PM
Angharad raises her eyebrows in puzzlement, "That seems right to me. Is the reward so little you cannot share it?"

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-03, 09:18 PM
Alamix
"You can come with us. But you get only six of the jade fingers," Alamix says, grinning. "What are you called? I'm Alamix, and this is Snarin- oh, he's gone into the tunnel." Alamix enters the tunnel, beckoning to Angharad.

shugyosha
2012-12-04, 12:01 AM
Olomara

Seeing that the ogre is on his way she returns looks at the interesting thing going on in the bazaar. May she can find that roughed up looking goblin, wearing rather worn merchant's clothes and carrying a small satchel over his shoulder made out of a scrap of cloth.

[roll0] perception

galenbd
2012-12-04, 05:30 PM
Angharad smiles at his generosity, "Well met. I'm Angharad."

She slowly follows him down into the cave, patting her thigh to call Coli to follow her.

Togath
2012-12-05, 12:28 AM
Xidor:
"Thank you for the complement lad. I learned this trade back many years ago, as a traveling skald, wandering the eastlands"

Inside the hill, you find your selves on a cobblestone path, with dirt and plank stairs leading down to a tunnel paved with squared stones, and leading off to the north.
-Angharad; you are able to convince Coli to enter the tunnel.

Olomara:
You spot him wandering towards a dock, with several large--but unadorned,--sailing ships tied up at it.

shugyosha
2012-12-05, 01:03 AM
Olomara

Looking behind her she motions for Slip to follow. "Psst... let's follow that guy."

She continues to follow him, trying not to be too obvious.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-05, 08:59 AM
We make our merry way down the tunnel.

Chained Birds
2012-12-05, 10:46 AM
Snarin

Snarin looks to Alamix and points his thumb to the new guy,

"Who's the girl?"

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-05, 05:55 PM
Alamix

"Well, if you hadn't wandered off during the introductions, you would know that."

Chained Birds
2012-12-05, 11:20 PM
Snarin

"Apologizes. That does not answer my question."

He gives a fairly intimidating stare at Angharad through his mask.

galenbd
2012-12-06, 12:06 AM
Angharad looks somewhat uncertainly at the man in the mask. She looks toward the door, then reconsiders the reason she is here. Now certain of her path she turns back to him boldly.

"I'm Angharad." she replies in a whisper appropriate to her surroundings.

Zefir
2012-12-06, 02:26 AM
Xidor

"So you don't travle anymore?" Xdor askes a bit confused. He though even an old story teler is hunting for new stories.

Chained Birds
2012-12-06, 06:12 AM
Snarin

He seems to lighten up,

"Okay. That's all I needed to know."

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-06, 09:03 AM
Alamix smirks at Snarin and pulls out his everburning torch.

"So, Angharad," Alamix whispers, "What can you do to help us catch Tribbles? Well, besides training... Is that a wolf?"

Chained Birds
2012-12-06, 09:28 AM
Snarin

"She seems to be bringing emergency rations."

His comment seems to imply the wolf as food (for emergencies).

galenbd
2012-12-06, 11:40 PM
Angharad drops her hand to her hip, "Why tracking of course. And my friend is not food, but he's very good at finding it. I also use nature's magic, though this morning I didn't prepare for catching a thief. I can still heal though."

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-07, 09:03 AM
Alamix shushes the other two. "Look up ahead," he says.
Hey, Togath, that's your cue.:smalltongue:

Togath
2012-12-08, 05:45 AM
sorry for the slow updates, I've been busier then expected the last few days.

Olomara & Slip:
following the goblin to the ships, they appear to lack any markings of common factions or companies, and the sailors on board look rough, and somewhat bestial.

Xidor:
"I've grown old, but I do still sometimes travel. I came here about a week ago, and am planning to stay for Verda's spring festival"

Alamix, Angharad, & Snarin:
following the tunnel for several minutes, you eventually find yourselves in a large round chamber made out of crude stone bricks.
Two tunnels lead onwards, one to the north-west(possessing a large amount of plant growth, mainly moss and grass) and one to the north-east(clearer, but with dirt walls rather then stone). On the eastern side of the chamber there is also a small pool of water, fed by a small spring.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-08, 09:31 AM
Alamix swears. "All right. Let's check the pool first and then choose a path." He walks over to the pool and looks in.
Perception:[roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-12-08, 11:29 AM
Snarin

"We could split up after investigating the pool, as there are 4 creatures that make up our group. 3 and a half if the emergency rations doesn't work well with others..."

Aid Another (Perception): [roll0]

galenbd
2012-12-08, 02:47 PM
Angharad shakes her head, "Let's not be so hasty. I'd rather not come across this guy alone. Let me see if Coli and I can find out which way our quarry actually when before we all go harring off on our own."

Angharad walks around slowly checking the ground in the center and down each passage looking for any signs of passage.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-08, 04:40 PM
Alamix
"I agree with Angharad."
Shouldn't you make either a Perception or Survival check?

Zefir
2012-12-10, 04:25 AM
Xidor

"I hope the festival won't give you recourcces for a nightmare story like the last one." he sais and laugths a bit.

shugyosha
2012-12-10, 10:40 AM
Olomara

"Well, this looks interesting," she says. "Let's get a closer look."

She continues towards the boat.

[roll0] stealth
[roll1] perception

Togath
2012-12-12, 12:13 AM
Alamix, Angharad, and Snarin;
inside the pool you can make out vague pointed shapes, like roots or branches through the milky looking water, which has slightly metallic sheen, like oil over water.

lookign around for footprints, you are able to find two sets of shoe prints leading down the grassy passage, and what appears to be a herd of rodents down the other.

Xidor;
*the old man chuckles slightly* "I'd be more worried about those traveling then those at the festival itself, Verda a very safe place, as it's mostly devoid of the darklings"

Olomara and Slip;
you avoid attracting anyone's attention, can hear a snippet of conversation;
"...I tossed the lad overboard, 'e never stood a chance in the storm, couldn't let word get out 'bout the capt's coup"

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-12, 09:43 AM
Alamix shrugs and plunges his arm in, grabbing one of the sticks.

galenbd
2012-12-12, 10:11 AM
Standing near the overgrown passage, Angharad quietly says, "He went this way."

Togath
2012-12-13, 08:50 PM
Alamix:
The liquid feels slightly warm, and rather slimey, but you are able to pull out an old, and very large splinter of some sort of wood.
The liquid still on your arm feels a bit sticky now that it's exposed to air.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-13, 09:35 PM
Alamix swears and tries to wipe his arm on Coli. Then he looks more closely at the stick.

Perception [roll0]

Togath
2012-12-13, 11:46 PM
As you try to wipe your arm off on Coli, you find yourself stuck to it by the sticky substance. You are also able to identify the piece of wood as some sort of bark.
Make either a strength(escaping being glued to Coli by brute force) or a dexterity(wiggling free gently) check, you could also try applying substances to the sticky ooze.

shugyosha
2012-12-14, 12:43 AM
Olomara and Slip;
you avoid attracting anyone's attention, can hear a snippet of conversation;
"...I tossed the lad overboard, 'e never stood a chance in the storm, couldn't let word get out 'bout the capt's coup"

Olomara

Things were beginning to sound interesting. She looked at Slip and then back at the boat. Keeping quiet she wanted to hear more.

galenbd
2012-12-14, 09:32 AM
Angharad object, "Hey! Leave him alone."

Once Alamix gets stuck, the wolf starts to struggle. Angharad comes over close to calm him and keep him from tearing Alamix apart.

"You idiot. If you're going to get into trouble, the least you can do is not spread your disaster around. Hold still."

Angharad starts scooping dirt onto the arm attached to Coli trying to give the glue something else to bind to.

Chained Birds
2012-12-14, 09:48 AM
Snarin

Snarin examines the substance with his mystical detection during the struggling and tries to recall if he had heard of such a substance before.

Detect Magic on liquid
Knowledge (Arcane): [roll0]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): [roll1]
Knowledge (Nature): [roll2]

Fibinachi
2012-12-14, 09:42 PM
Slip

Olomara looked back at him and he split into a wide smile in response. She seemed nice, and hey, conspiratorial skulking around at the harbor front was always more fun with company. He could feel his smile persisting a little too long, his muscles locking up in a grimace.

He took one last swig from his drink, emptying it (sadly), and then hunched over. Slumped like this, Slip sidled a little to the side near a cluster of convenient materials. Probably outbound, or perhaps inbound, trade supplies for some the mighty vessels gently rolling on the water. The same sort that came through the port in tonnage each day. Stormport was a bustling place.

[roll0]Slip attempts to hide and make himself as slumped and tiny as possible, to fit with the background material.

"So up ah-- So up ahead? Do we want to go ask them what is going on? Could just be traitorous traders trading."

Not that he knew what was going on, actually. Olomara had seemingly been following a goblin - the same goblin that was now somewhere up ahead with the rough looking sailors. Were those humans? No...

[roll1]Slip rolls perception to get a closer look at the bestial sailors up ahead.

Togath
2012-12-15, 02:15 AM
Olomara and Slip:
"the old capt's a clever one eh? The old moneybags never saw 'im coming"
"just 'ow stupid were they Bubs?" replies a second voice "A bugger like 'im don't get a name like "bloody 'ands" by being a strait-sailin' ninny"
taking a closer look the sailors appear to be either rather brutish looking elves, as well as a few orcs and fairies(which look a lot let savage then the other two).
As the goblin nears a vessel at the end of the dock, a sailor from it appears to recognize him, and throws down a rope ladder to help him board.

Xidor:
the old man turns his head for a moment--looking off towards a goblin and a human, hiding near some unmarked ships--distracted from his stories momentarily "what are those fools doing" he sighs "I doubt those ruffians are the sort to just call the guard on intruders....."

Alamix's hand had come a little bit looser, though it's also now caked with dirt.
-Snarin: you are able to indentify the substance as some sort of glue-like sap or pitch, it's likely flammable, but may be soluble in water or alcohol.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-15, 09:33 AM
Alamix swears when he hears it's flammable. Then he rolls his arm around in the dirt, completely coating it.

Chained Birds
2012-12-15, 11:35 AM
Snarin

"Solution."

Snarin snaps his fingers and a spark appears.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-15, 01:03 PM
"Solution?" Alamix asks nervously.

Chained Birds
2012-12-15, 03:55 PM
Snarin

"Your kind is resistant to fire (If I recall; could be wrong) so you have nothing to worry."

He then sends the spark unto the adhesive to ignite it.

Togath
2012-12-16, 03:29 AM
Alamix, Angharad, Snarin:
The spark catches Alamix's arm, though he manages to move out of the way enough to reduce the spread of the fire, though it still deals [roll0] damage over about 15 seconds to Coli and Alamix. On the plus side, it did free them from each other, leaving Coli with a patch of matted, and slightly charred fur, and Alamix, with a sticky and burnt arm.

Zefir
2012-12-16, 05:03 AM
Xidor hasn't payed much attention to things around him. He just watch his purse and looks at the story teler confused.

"That's a bad start for a story. Sounds like some kind of Joke. A goblin and a human hide behind a boat..."

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-16, 11:13 AM
Alamix screams in Snarin's face, "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING YOU IDIOTIC LEATHERFACED WITCH!?"

Chained Birds
2012-12-16, 01:59 PM
Snarin

With a confused look,

"I used the "only" solution to this problem. I thought that was obvious."

He looks around the room.

"You're not stuck anymore. Let's continue with our mission."

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-16, 02:18 PM
Alamix takes a deep breath, preparing to continue yelling, but suddenly stills. Then he grins, pulls out a tindertwig, lights it and tosses it into the pool.

shugyosha
2012-12-16, 03:05 PM
Olomara

She wanted to get a close look, so se leaned over, but she loses her balance and falls over, making a loud noise as a box over turns.

OCC: I just didn't know what to do to get this going. Making Olomara clumsy seemed like the easiest thing to do.

Togath
2012-12-18, 01:01 AM
The pool bursts into a gout of flame, searing the ceiling and producing a loud roaring noise. After about 30 seconds the flames die down somewhat, but it continue to emit light comparable to a torch.

Olomara, Slip, Xidor:
Thank you, I was really stuck on how to move the plot, in addition to a minor case of writers block, and because I'm often busy this time of year

"Huh?, Wasit?, Anyone hear that just now?" says a voice from the nearest ship, soon answered by a second;
"was that from the docks or the hold? We can't 'ave it gettin' stirred up to much...",
"me an' Bubs can handle things 'ere, rest a you 'ead down an' check on the cargo" replies a third voice, the one you heard talking about Blood Hands' coup.

With that, two men jump down from the boat, The third voice and Bub's presumably, and start to wander around the dock.
Olomara and Slip need to make hide checks(if you want to stay hidden), though Xidor is far enough away to not be of interest to the two men on the dock.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-18, 09:20 AM
Alamix

"Well, that was fun. Shall we move on?"

galenbd
2012-12-18, 10:08 AM
When she sees the fire head for the pool, Angharad drops prone. The ensuing fire sends Coli sprinting from the tunnel. He's been burned once and is not sticking around to be burned again.

Angharad is rolling around on the ground in the aftermath making sure any fire on her is put out. Once things quiet down, she slowly sits up. Blinking in the aftermath, she looks around for a moment, then loses it, yelling at the two men.

"You bunch of idiots. Can't you leave well enough alone? We're not down here to mess around with stuff. I've shown you where we need to go. Can we just try to do that with out getting ourselves killed before we even find him?"

Chained Birds
2012-12-18, 01:32 PM
Snarin

"Too Bad."

Snarin says with a saddened look (From what the others can tell due to the mask). He then follows Angharad when she is done complaining.

shugyosha
2012-12-18, 02:13 PM
Olomara

She quickly retreats back to her hiding place and prepares for the worse.

[roll0] stealth

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-18, 04:09 PM
Alamix

"Arright, firstly we're hardly a bunch of idiots, you blëber, there are three of us including you, and secondly at least I did not set anyone on fire and thirdly I SUGGESTED MOVING ON BEFORE YOU DID YOU DUMKOPF!"

He pants for a moment, then says happily, "Well, that was fun. Shall we get going?"

galenbd
2012-12-18, 05:00 PM
Angharad heaves a huge sigh, then brushes the dirt off her clothes. She looks toward the entranceway weighing her options, then turns back.

"We'll have to go without Coli. Our quarry is this way."

She steps off down the overgrown hallway taking some care to keep from being tripped by the overgrown roots.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-18, 05:07 PM
Alamix follows hastily, tripping over a root before quickly getting back up and following.

Togath
2012-12-20, 12:51 AM
Olomara, Slip, Xidor:

[roll0]
[roll1]

"The noise came from over there" says the taller of the two men(not Bubs) pointing to Olomara's and Slip's hiding spot. "Lets see what kind of rat's we got tonight" responds Bubs. With that they start to move closer, and you can see that Bubs is about half the height of the other man.
About 10 feet away from you they draw weapons--Bubs an axe, and the other man a dagger--"come out quiet an' we might try to persuade the Captain to 'ave a little mercy on ya"

Moving along the path you start to notice a few patches of singed or burnt plant matter,

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

as well as that the two pairs of racks appear to come from different beings, one with thin, clawed feet, and the other wearing human-sized plate boots. In the distance you can also see a light of some sort.

Fibinachi
2012-12-20, 08:43 AM
Slip

A tall nameless man and his shorter companion. Waving weapons around, so close Slip could practically smell them both. He could smell them, a combination of blood, sweat and ripe, thinking sapience.
Something was twisting inside his head, something slithering, wet and different. For an instant, he wanted to rip them apart, break their bones because they were wrong.
But that would be, that would be, that would be... wrong. Right, yes! Wrong - you didn't commit murder out of hand... right?

But if they started a scuffle, eventually Lorenzo would come running or some other metal booted thug. Bubs - and his captain - wouldn't like that.

"I think they're on to us, Miss

Still, they had weapons out. As quietly as he could, spine twisting, he reached behind his back to draw his crossbow. He needed to put a bolt in it, but they hopefully wouldn't notice that if it came down to a stand off and then he could snarl at them and walk away. Plan?
Plan!

Slip hoped Olomara wouldn't panic - but she didn't seem the type.
He expected to feel his heart pumping, yet he felt strangely calm. Everything seemed to be going the way it was meant to. Some sort of plan. Slip uncoiled himself from his little hiding place and stood up, crossbow leveled.

"Hi. You are threatening. I am not fond of this. Please desist. My aim is not very good at close range and I think I could hit either of you.

Stealth check to talk, draw crossbow quietly, if neccesary:
[roll0]

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-20, 09:18 AM
Alamix whispers, "Stop. I'm going to try to see what's going on over there." He slowly slinks down the tunnel.

Stealth Check: [roll0]

galenbd
2012-12-20, 07:33 PM
Angharad points out the double tracks when she notices them. When Alamix decides to scout ahead on his own, Angharad waits and worries, keeping her ears pricked for any kind of unusual noise.

Togath
2012-12-22, 06:49 AM
Olomara, Slip, Xidor:
-Slip: you are able to draw your crossbow quietly

"Wot's that yer yammering 'bout laddy?" says Bubs--now that he's within sight, he appears to be an unusually muscular, and slightly overweight, fairy--"just what're you doin' wanderin's 'roud our boat's 'ere?"

Alamix, Agharad, Snarin:
-Alamix: you are able to move along the tunnel undetected, at the end you can see a room with several shelves of supplies lining the walls, as well as two corpses lying on the floor, both short men with beady eyes and long mustaches, near the back of the room stands a large figure in heavy plate armour, holding a man-sized humanoid rat at sword-point.
"Why is you resist!, I am seek Tribbles. Speak where he are!" says the armoured figure, in a oddly non-sentient sounding voice to the cowering rat-man.

Fibinachi
2012-12-22, 09:10 AM
Slip

Slip blinked. What was he yammering about, again? Had he used the wrong tense? Wait, no, maybe he had added a please where one was not normally added. That seemed to happen a lot, recently. Language was complicated.
He studiously avoided looking at Olomara, since if Bubs and his associated hadn't noticed her it'd be poor sport to give her the slip. Ah, Bubs, the smaller one, a creature of some girth and warm, fleshy muscles. Intricately patterned, crunchy wings. Beautiful fairy.
Slip almost licked his lips, shook his head and treated the two to a smile.

"My poor aim. Bad shot with crossbow. Closeness and lack of training is a negative combination. Also knife and axe. And you scare me."

There! Illuminating and without much chance of misunderstanding. All it took was concentration. Concentration and focus enough to notice the unmarked vessels, rough looking sailors and sharp weapons. The situation was strange, he could feel himself raving.

"Secondly: We----! I was following a goblin. Because... He. Looked. Like he was worth following. And I wanted to ask him... what was in the bag? That he carried? But I was slow, so then he walked on your fine unmarked vessel. And then sailors startled me. So what's in the bag? Think of me as a curious... "

Drat.

"...Amateur... sleuth?

This always happened when things slipped away from his focus - ending up in places with rugged looking men asking pointed questions, worried about their cargo and privacy. So who were these guys? Pirates? No, that'd be unusual. And weird. Probably smugglers unaffiliated with either a nation or a trade company. Which was just grand because independent sailors were known for their hospitality and levelheaded threat-evaluation-response routines. Everyone was getting shivved tonight.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-22, 09:36 AM
Alamix slooowly draws his shortbow and steps out of hiding. "Allright, nobody move a muscle! Where is Tribbles? Hey, Angharad, Snarin, come here!"

Readying an action to shoot is anyone moves. Here's my attack roll in case they do:
1d20+7
Damage: 1d4+1 plus sneak attack (although I suspect it won't work on the armored man) 2d6

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-22, 09:41 AM
[of course, I can't edit rolls in, I have to make a new post.]
Readying an action to shoot is anyone moves. Here's my attack roll in case they do:
[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] plus sneak attack (although I suspect it won't work on the armored man) [roll2]

Togath
2012-12-25, 06:19 AM
Olomara, Slip, Xidor:
"What's in the bag?" "Boss didn't say, just said to take a look 'round the vault if'n we heard any suspicious noises...and you seem pretty dang suspicious.." says Not-Bubs in a slightly mocking tone.
"An' we don't care much fer sleuths...so how 'bout you folks come wit' us, boss'll want to 'ear 'bout this" says Bubs, "And don' try to run, I've got good aim wit' me axe" he continues, raising his axe menacingly...or at least as menacingly as an overweight fairie can:smallwink:

Alamix's shot hits the armoured figure, catching him off guard. He turns away from the ratman towards the source of the shot and says in an oddly emotionless voice; "where what you are?", "Annoying arrow, wound's a sting it is" "Am seek Tribbles, where he are?!" pausing, and standing inhumanly still to give you a moment to speak.
also, the attack did act as a sneak attack, since most things pathfinder can be critted or sneak attacked

Chained Birds
2012-12-25, 08:17 AM
Snarin

"Did you hear something?"

Snarin asks Agharad as he continues to wait with a bored expression across his masked face.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-25, 09:40 AM
Alamix frowns. "Am... Also seek Tribbles. Know you where he are, or know rat where he are?" He speaks slowly.

Zefir
2012-12-26, 06:06 AM
Xidor

Xidor is just watching the scene. There is nothing he can or wants to do. Maybe the strange people they caught are evil thiefs and the others juststupid. The best thing to deal with it is watching and staying out of trouble.

Fibinachi
2012-12-26, 07:10 AM
"Which is commendable! Congratulations on your skills, Sir Bubs."

The vessel was probably full of sailors and whatnot, and if someone had already been chucked overboard for no particular reason... Happy days. Olomara was still hiding, deftly concealed so if he went along then at least she might get off free. Unless... Slip glanced around quickly, vision blurring from the speed.

"Sleuthing is an important public service, though - so I feel I must remind you: We're in a public place and random passersby like that fine gentleman way behind us, watching our every move, why he'd certainly run off to the fine constable Lorenzo right quick if you did anything threatening. And then everyone would pile upon your vessel."

Togath
2012-12-26, 07:37 AM
"The raty-man are Tribbles kin" says the strange figure, sheathing it's sword for now. "I not know where seek he, but ratty is know maybe, had it corned I had, just need to a....." it continues before being interrupted by a dog sized rat trying to run between it's legs, "Argh! He is it again! Grab fast!, Don’t bitten be!" it shouts, putting it's hand up and launching a crossbow bolt at the rat somehow.
[roll0], [roll1]
despite of the awkwardness of it's weapon, the armoured figure’s bolt grazes the rat slightly as it nears Alamix, though the wound seems to heal back up again very quickly.
edit: missed Slip's response, I should have an Olomara/Slip/Xidor post up quickly

Togath
2012-12-26, 07:58 AM
Olomara, Slip, Xidor;
"huh? Na'bob, why didn’t ya tell me we could be seen? Ya should know I aint got good night-vision" shouts Bubs at not-bubs, apparently named Nabob.
"lets make a deal then, you don't tell that bugger Lorenzo 'bout our cargo, an' we let you walk away without a scene" he says, though he sounds somewhat nervous.

galenbd
2012-12-26, 09:22 AM
Listening quietly, Angharad has no trouble hearing Alamix's cry. She nocks an arrow and heads down the hall where she can hear everyone yelling.

shugyosha
2012-12-26, 11:21 AM
Olomara

"Are you threatening me?!" she exclaims. "Do you know who I am? I'll have my uncle come down here and confiscate your ship and all it's cargo."

Fibinachi
2012-12-26, 11:50 AM
Slip

Ah, it appeared everyone was going to get away just fine. And he was managing to repress the urge to rip Bubs intestines out too. This was actually a good evening! A good evening that wasn't going to end in bloodshed and unfortunate repression of events when he woke later, caked in guts.

"... confiscate all your cargo"

Drat. Olomara knew exactly the turn of phrase to cause a scene. Bubs and Nabob were going to love this. Clever girl.

Drat drat drattity drat.

"... And as her bodyguard I am going to point out that her father, who is supremely super powerful, will obviously come down here with all his men if we were to suddenly just disappear. And that guy behind us is also working... her... so don't panick. Just remain calm-- and we'll sort this mess out with your captain. Right? Right.."

Turning his head towards Olomara with a lunatic smile, Slip lowered his crossbow while his attention was elsewhere. He wanted to hiss and scream and pummel someone to death with their spines.

"You're going to get us both skewered, lady.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-26, 12:07 PM
Alamix whips out his sap and smashes the rat's head:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Sneak attack, if the Dread Guard is flanking: [roll2]

Togath
2012-12-27, 08:27 AM
Your saps hits the side of the rat's head, staggering it slightly as it leaps towards you recklessly and tries to bite you.
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
The rat's bite connects and deals 5 damage, you also need to make a fortitude save.

also just realized I forgot to roll initiative...should we keep going free-form for this fight since it's only a single enemy?

Olomara, Slip, Xidor:
Bubs glares at Olomara and says "How's this sound as a deal then lass?, a quarter of our payment for this to keep quiet...", he seems nervous(which makes sense, since he's worried about annoying his captain, ad getting the flotilla banned exiled from Stormport would definitely rile him up)
While he says this a figure appears once again on the ship's deck that Bubs and Nabob came from, this time an old man with a hunch, shuffling around and somewhat lost looking.

Chained Birds
2012-12-27, 12:33 PM
Snarin

"Did you hear the sound of a blunt object on skull?
Memories..."

Snarin is sitting on the ground drawing pictures of fireworks in the dirt. He seems to be enjoying himself.

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-27, 07:25 PM
Alamix flinches back and shouts for help again.[SPOILER]Fort save:

For my next attack (does the dread guard move first?): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] and sneak attack [roll]26[SPOILER]

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-27, 07:27 PM
Sorry, my keyboard's screwy. That was [roll0]

Togath
2012-12-28, 04:37 AM
[the armoured figure reloaded his weapon as his action this round]

-Alamix;
your blow hits the rat firmly, it seems rather dazed by the repeated hits.
details of your wound;
the bite was deep, and is covered in the rat's stinking saliva

-Angharad;
you arrive in time to see the large rat lunge and bite Alamix, before being knocked away slightly by his sap.

Angharad is next up.

Chained Birds
2012-12-28, 11:19 AM
Snarin

"Okay..."

Snarin spends his time leisurely walking after Angharad after she rushes off towards the sounds of screaming.

shugyosha
2012-12-28, 11:27 AM
Olomara, Slip, Xidor:
Bubs glares at Olomara and says "How's this sound as a deal then lass?, a quarter of our payment for this to keep quiet...", he seems nervous(which makes sense, since he's worried about annoying his captain, ad getting the flotilla banned exiled from Stormport would definitely rile him up)
While he says this a figure appears once again on the ship's deck that Bubs and Nabob came from, this time an old man with a hunch, shuffling around and somewhat lost looking.

Olomara

"Are you trying to bribe..." she begins to say until she spots the old man. "Excuse me," she says moving past the men, "Do you need some help up there? Is there something I can do"

galenbd
2012-12-28, 08:34 PM
Angharad draws her bow at the rat attacking Alamix and lets fly.

[roll0]

Togath
2012-12-29, 12:09 PM
Angharad's shot manages to hit the rat, roll damage.

Olomara, slip, Xidor(?):
the old man waits a while before reacting, when he does he turns towards you in an odd shuffling manner, not quite focusing his eyes on you.
"What did you do!?" barks Nabob before trying to scramble away from the docks towards the main city of Stormport, while Bubs turns and starts to sneak towards the boat.

Chained Birds
2012-12-29, 12:43 PM
Snarin

Snarin arrives on the scene, but seems too confused to do anything at the time.

"Why a rat? Was our target a rat?"

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-29, 05:55 PM
At his next opportunity, Alamix hits the rat again.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Togath
2012-12-30, 08:47 AM
[the dreadguard fires another bolt at the rat]
[roll0][roll1]

On the rat's turn it shifts into the form of a humanoid rat, and claws at Alamix, it's hands emiting a slightly blue glow.
[roll2][roll3][roll4]
[roll5]
The rat hits for 11 damage.

-Alamix:
Your attack hits the wererat, and it appears to be on the verge of being knocked out(scratch damage would be enough at this point)

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-30, 10:14 AM
Alamix is severely wounded [3 hp] and takes a withdraw action at his next opportunity.

Chained Birds
2012-12-30, 11:58 AM
Snarin

Snarin seems to have a revelation,

"Oh! So it wasn't a rat."

He then gets into a battle position and rushes the rat with a palm thrust to the face.

Swift Action: Activate Snake Style
Move Action: Move up to Melee range with the Wererat
Standard Action: Unarmed Strike VS Wererat's AC
- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1] Bludeon
- Crit Attack (20): [roll2]
- Crit Damage (x2): [roll3] Bludeon

Togath
2012-12-31, 03:32 AM
the wererat falls unconscious after Snarin's strike.
"Ah, thanks a many, had you rope?, I've gotten none on me, and to had him restrained would proved useful now" says the dreadguard.

galenbd
2012-12-31, 08:37 AM
Angharad sheds her backpack onto the ground, but immediately returns to the guard duty, bow in hand."There should be some rope in there, Alamix."

She keeps her eye on the other two wererats.

shugyosha
2012-12-31, 11:58 AM
Olomara

She grabs Bubs shoulder and asks loudly "Who is the old man?"

Fibinachi
2012-12-31, 04:55 PM
Slip

A foreign dandy with well made clothes in an unusual cut.
Tasty, just a little lick....
No, wait, no - interesting. Nabob went running past them, scrambling as he went, as if in a hurry far beyond whatever one single man warranted.
Queer. Where were the rest of the sailors and the much vaunted captain?

"Olomara, I think this is a problem."

Proud Tortoise
2012-12-31, 07:25 PM
Alamix takes the rope and ties the rat's wrists, ankles and muzzle.

The roll for tying the knots: [roll0]
I'm not sure what the relevant skill is; I suspect Sleight of Hand, for which my modifier is +9. If it's a silk rope, I get an additional +2.

Zefir
2013-01-01, 10:48 AM
It's time for Xidor to go on. With the arriving of the old man on the boat things should clear and after all does he really want to be involved?

He stands up and waves at the old story teller.

"Have a nice day." he says while flipping a silver coin to the men.

Then he heads for the bazzar. It's allways a funny and intressting place. You either got entertained by the people selling 'ancient' stuff to those who belive so or you could find a rare item to discover. He hopes he can find the letter.

Chained Birds
2013-01-01, 03:36 PM
Snarin

"So? Do I punch that guy with the crossbow too?"

He points at the Dreadguard.

Togath
2013-01-02, 12:03 PM
-Alamix;
you are able to tie the wererat's muzzle, feet, and wrists.

"why punch would you? I am sent for Tribbles".

Olomara, Slip:
Bubs is startled by you and exhales a breath he appears to have been holding, as he does the old man starts sniffing the air in the direction of you. "be quiet! he whispers, that buggers one of those shang-shi fellas or whate'er those ogre folks call em, they..” “ah bugger! 'Ere he comes!" he says the last part as the old man does a standing jump--arms outstretched in front of him, legs together--onto the dock and starts shuffling in a circle sniffing the air.

Xidor:
You reach the bazaar without much incident, and find it full of merchants even at this hour.
Many items can be seen, ranging from golden jewelry to vegetable stands.
I should have a better description up by the end of today, so just be patient:smallsmile:, I realize I haven’t done much with your story yet, so I’ll try to improve

Chained Birds
2013-01-02, 07:34 PM
Snarin

With his usual intimidating stare,

"A reason. Give one now."

galenbd
2013-01-03, 09:43 AM
Angharad pipes up exasperated, "He has offered us no threat. We need to get our quarry out of here before discussing compensation. Otherwise, our distraction may enable him to get away."

"We've done well enough. Now let's clear out before we have unforeseen problems."

Chained Birds
2013-01-03, 09:57 AM
Snarin

"Good Enough."

Snarin is no longer in his battle pose and seems oddly at peace with the world around him. This guy shifts through the emotions so much it's a wonder if he doesn't get some sort of whiplash from it.

He passively awaits for the tracker to resume her course of tracking.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-03, 10:54 AM
Alamix grins. "I've got an idea. We bludgeon him into oblivion- or if we don't, we can try interrogating him- and glue him to the floor using that sticky stuff."

Chained Birds
2013-01-03, 11:34 AM
Snarin

"Burning stuff?"

Snarin recalls the last incident they had with "sticky stuff".

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-03, 01:33 PM
"We'll be careful, okay? We'll just dip him in, and stick him to the floor."

galenbd
2013-01-03, 05:51 PM
Angharad shakes her head dejectedly, "The two of you don't have the sense of a mouse. Let's just get him out of here."

Chained Birds
2013-01-03, 07:13 PM
Snarin

"What do you mean by that? Choose your words wisely."

Togath
2013-01-05, 09:44 PM
"should head Tribbles to next?" says the dreadguard, moving towards the tunnel

Xidor:
-The Bazaar;
The Bazaar is full of life even at this hour, and many merchants can be seen peddling wears ranging from vegetables to expertly crafted jewels, to potions and elixirs, to another peddling even more uncommon goods, such as ancient documents or simple magical devices.
-notable sights;
A man claiming to be selling magically animated servants, though he claims they are grown rather then constructed as most golems are.
An animal seller, currently trying to peddle odd looking weasels.
A small, somewhat veiled stand, claiming to sell copies of ancient maps and explorer's journals.

I think I've caught a flu of some sort, so I'm going to be posting slower then normal for a little while

shugyosha
2013-01-05, 10:28 PM
Olomara

She looks at the man with her spirit sense to make sure she heard is true. "A hopping vampire? I've never seen one before," she says with a voice mixed with fear and curiosity.

"What in the nine hells are you doing carrying that?" she exclaims at Bud.

Druid(Menhir Savant)
Spirit Sense (detect:undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures

Chained Birds
2013-01-05, 11:12 PM
Snarin

"Follow I guess..."

Snarin shadows the Dreadguard. The Orc is uncertain whether this man is leading them closer to their target, but at least he's heading in the right direction.

galenbd
2013-01-06, 09:28 AM
As the armored thing walks off, Angharad pauses surprised. "Wait! Where are you going? Isn't this Tribbles? Shouldn't we take him out of here and back to town."

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-06, 09:35 AM
Alamix explains that it is not Tribbles. "But, er, Mr. Dread? Has the rat told you where Tribbles is?"

Zefir
2013-01-07, 02:23 AM
Xidor

Xidor walks around watching the prople running and selling their stuff. Then he notice the stand with the maps and journals. He heads straith for it and observes the dokuments. Assuming he can only throw a short look over them he tries to find out what kind of culture lays behind these plans.

shugyosha
2013-01-07, 02:12 PM
Olomara

She looks at Slip, "We need Lorenzo or that Ogre we met earlier. Go and get them."

Togath
2013-01-08, 01:16 AM
Olomara, Slip:
"we got him fer a collecter, Bloody 'Ands said the bugger would sell good if'n we found a buyer 'ere. Thought we'd 'ad it sealed up good in a box below deck" as Bubs in finishing speaking the jiang-shi starts to hop slowly towards Olomara and Bubs, though it's still about 30 feet away.
-Olomara;
you are able to confirm that the jiang-shi is undead

"Tribbles has runs here below, unless Tribbles is out again, down the other way he's went" "The other Tribbles-kin did die to quick, as I forgot to not dead them" says the dreadguard

Xidor:
The bulk of the maps appear to come from a region in southern Raseri, and a quick glance at the journals speak of ruins like those found when New Oland was first being settled, though larger

Fibinachi
2013-01-08, 07:56 PM
Slip

"Miss, not sure I want to leave you with a maybe deadly thingamabob. You absolutely sure you want me to high tail it out of here?"

Whatever it was it was hopping closer. Not exactly in a predatory way, no, but it had purpose in that curious jittery stride.

"Let's just back up, fellas. Back up. We'll shout for help if we need it, ye? Bubs, can it speak?"

Slip slid backwards a few feet while actively taking the time to root for a bolt.

In round terms: 5 ft step backwards and reload crossbow as a move action - assuming that's possible.

Chained Birds
2013-01-08, 08:46 PM
Snarin

"What?"

Snarin states with a rather confused expression.

Zefir
2013-01-09, 02:30 AM
Xidor

The maps are intressting, but the Journal is even more.

"What do you want for it?"

Knoweledge History: [roll0]
To see what he knows about these ruins, like what kind of race could have build them etc.

shugyosha
2013-01-09, 10:44 AM
Olomara

"You think we can handle this?"" she looks at Slip. "I'll try to slow it down." Her fingers and hands make an arcane gesture she calls upon the element of wood.

Casting Entangle.

Togath
2013-01-11, 01:27 AM
Olomara, Slip:
"I don' know if it can talk, caught the bugger durin' a rainstorm, so it was dormant at tha time" says Bubs, after Olomara's spell catches hold he draws out a small dagger.

Olomara and Slip roll for initiative.
Bubs;[roll0]
Jiangshi;[roll1]

"Tribbles is below as we is. Must gone that other way"

Xidor:
"one hundred gold pieces" says the stallkeeper, an odd man wearing thick furs, with his hair covering your veiw of his face.
-Knowledge check result;
some of notes have a few sketches of writing found near the ruins, which resembles the Yamato tongue, but appears to use the syntax of Old Trollish, the ruins seems to be about human sized, though on the large end, from what you can tell from the diagrams anyway.
~Yamato tongue: a language native to Yamato, mostly spoken by fairies and the humans of Yamato.
~Old Trollish: an ancient language, used by trolls and goblins long ago.

Fibinachi
2013-01-11, 07:06 AM
Slip

Slip's initiative: 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14510120&postcount=105)

"I wonder. And doubt we...--"

Slip barely managed to finish before something happened and the lurching, hopping creature found itself veritably entangled by obstructive wood, planks and ropes. It was delayed, at least momentarily. Olomara could clearly take care of herself.

"... --Although that improves our odds. Significantly. Right. I'll duck left, Bubs - go right. Spread out, flank it. It can't hit all of us.""

Slip took a step to the left, planted his feet and raised his crossbow. Dormant meant animal of some kind, and if awake, then dangerous. Although a hopping vampire was sort of a strange thing, it was exactly that particular breed of between curious and weird he expected to find in Stormport these days. How did it go again, with vampires? The heart or the head? Maybe just do it the simple way and rip its arm off, beat it to re-death with it and call it a night. No. No, focus. Breathe, aim, let go.

Speech: Free action.
5ft foot step to the left
Fire crossbow, standard action, assumed clear line of fire
[roll0]
dmg if hit:
[roll1]
Add: 19 is crit threat: 2 x 2 = 4
If crit vulnerable. Dm should roll crit confirmation to avoid my doubleposting too much
then drop the crossbow once fired, another free action

Togath
2013-01-12, 02:48 AM
Slip's bolt hits and sticks in the jiangshi's side, it hisses slightly at being shot.
Unless Olomara's roll beats Bubs' Bubs is next.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-12, 10:02 AM
Alamix leads the way in the direction the Dread Guard indicates.

galenbd
2013-01-12, 09:11 PM
Angharad follows along, abet more slowly. Uncertain they are going the correct direction, she takes time to track, allowing the rest of the group to get ahead of her.

Togath
2013-01-13, 12:37 AM
Olomara, Slip:
"good show wit that spell lass, it aint going anywhere from tha looks o' it" says Bubs, before throwing his dagger at the jiang shi.
[roll0][roll1]
which proceeds to missed it by about a foot "err...I'll hit it next time, sur' o' it"
Olomara is next.
edit: nvm, misread the 7 as 17, I'll get a post for the jiangshi, and then she really will be next.

Alamix, Anghard, Snarin:
heading down the second tunnel(the one in which you saw a large number of rodent tracks in), you pass by several empty alcoves carved into the soil, lined with soot on the upper portions.
after a few minutes walking you come across a patch of the tunnel which is crossed by several small streams(about 1/2 of an inch to 3 inches deep, depending on the place in it and which one), which go on for about 50 feet along the tunnel from here.

Togath
2013-01-13, 12:47 AM
Olomara, Slip(part 2, because I messed up when reading initiative):
seemingly unfazed by Olomara's spell--despite still being stuck to the dock--the jiang shi begins to make odd signs with it's hands, and a glow can be seen from a small scroll on it's forehead, as a spiraling blast of water suddenly manifests, and flies towards Slip, hitting him with a strong impact.
Bull Rush from spell-like ability:[roll0]
Pushing him back 10 feet diagonaly, putting him right at the edge of the dock.

Togath
2013-01-13, 02:54 PM
Alamix, Anghard, Snarin(Angharad's tracking result):
you notice that the rodent's footprints seem to zigzag along the corridor, staying mostly to the shallowest areas of the streams.

Chained Birds
2013-01-13, 03:24 PM
Snarin

As his group follows the man,

"So, we are looking for someone. Seen him?"

Zefir
2013-01-13, 03:45 PM
Xidor

"One hundred? That's a damn high price. And I don't even know if this thing is worth anything."

He remembers how many gold he has himself. Taking a look at his money bag. Not enougth it seems.
He tries to think about the price.

Not sure what roll you would like:##Knowledge, just to see if the Yamato are known for expensive suff:
[roll0]
Appraise for the price:
[roll1]
And Diplomancy for.. you know what.^^
[roll2]

Togath
2013-01-13, 05:22 PM
"Maker shown me picture, Tribbles' got beady eyes, big mustache, and lanky long arms, like orangutan" says the dreadguard, in it's odd syntax.

Xidor:
-Knowledge/appraise results;
Yamato: Yamato is most famous for it's finely crafted swords, less famously outside of it is a type of finely detailed armour, called O-Yoroi, and it's skill at architecture.
The Journal: the journal is likely low value, as it's not only a copy of the original, but a relatively recently made one, and at least one of the others the merchant is selling is identical.

"So what ya think?" says the shopkeeper.

Chained Birds
2013-01-13, 06:34 PM
Snarin

"So... He's this way?"

galenbd
2013-01-13, 07:45 PM
Angharad's ears perk up when she hears about the Maker. Curious and worried, she asks, "What does this maker do and how do you know him?"

Togath
2013-01-13, 08:10 PM
"Maker makes me, about five hundred me so far, maker is me as well, but smart and made of wood"

Chained Birds
2013-01-13, 08:35 PM
Snarin

"Isn't wood more flammable?"

Snarin ponders a leader made of planks of wood with a sign for a head saying: "Burn Me Up Fast!"

Togath
2013-01-13, 09:15 PM
"maker is burnable, but if he burning he can always think the fire gone. He is good at thinking things"

Chained Birds
2013-01-13, 09:59 PM
Snarin

Snarin is shocked as he stares at his gloved hands,

"I must learn his power!"

Snarin then grabs the Dreadguard and shouts,

"Tell me where this man lives!"

Zefir
2013-01-14, 02:42 AM
Xidor

Xidor holds the book inhand turning it around.

"I think you should go down with your price a bit, since it seems this is only a copy of the original one. How does 10 Gold sound?"

Hoping ten is just enougth for material and time.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-14, 09:38 AM
Alamix groans in exasperation. "All right, children, it's time for a grammar lesson. Today we're going to learn about pronouns and the complete sentence."

shugyosha
2013-01-14, 11:47 AM
Olomara

"That was one of my best spells," she says with exasperation. "Let's get out of here and get help."

She casts another spell to slow it down, then moves away from it, back towards the bazaar.

Cast Grease
30ft move back.

Fibinachi
2013-01-14, 01:08 PM
Slip

It was like bolt slamming into his chest. Kicking and struggling against the water, Slip felt himself being pushed backwards. He came to scrabbling, desperate stop as he teetered near the edge. Disoriented thoughts. Dripping. The water below looked like an inviting escape route if nothing else. Neither Olomara nor Bubs had apparently done much damage while he had been distracted by the watery attack and, yep, as he collected his scattered focus Olomara came running past him at a fairly deft speed. Slip took a careful step away from the edge.

The vampire-thing was still hopping closer slowly and his crossbow was now well out of reach. He could shift. Let go for a bit and let the other him take care of this little issue... But. No. Olomara was being clever. Had to create a distraction first. Digging deep in his wet pockets, Slip pried out a dripping flask.

"It sniffed the air. It moves slowly. Can't talk. Dormant in rain. Doubt there's much brain left. Not reacting to bolt. I've got an idea"

Action

Retrieving an item from a pocket pouch. Move action.
(Flask, Tangefoot)

Moving 5 ft away from the edge and 10 ft forward, to previous position.. Move action.

galenbd
2013-01-14, 08:49 PM
Angharad glances over at Alamix in dismay at Snarin outburst and lunatic assault. Not the first in the time that she had known him.

"I wonder if he will get himself killed?", She says to no one in particular.

Togath
2013-01-15, 04:00 AM
"I am not child, I are made, not born, and we am quick learning speaking, only found the singing lute man fortnight back, before I was here for the Tribbles-man" says the dreadguard in a quizzical tone.

Xidor:
"how dare you call my wor....oh...errr...you, you found the other copy didn't you?" says the shopkeeper "how’s this sound then" he says nervously "10 gold for the copy, and you don't spread news about my shop?".

Olomara, Slip:
the grease spell seems to be keeping it from moving for the moment.
"I 'ate ta say it, but you guys are on tha right track 'ere, that git's nasty, would rather hafta get some guards ta help then get exiled from 'ere 'r worse" says Bubs, as he starts to move towards the jiang shi, "I'll try ta distract it fer a while" he says before charging it with his axe.
[roll0][roll1] edit, forgot to add the +2 from charging
Scoring a strong hit, and leaving a nasty gouge in it's side, as well as drawing it's attention to the fairie, it then extends long, sharp, yellowed claws from it's fingers and tries to claw him, leaving several deep gashes in him.
edit:(forgot to roll for it before posting)

shugyosha
2013-01-15, 02:08 PM
Olomara

Seeing the man being ripped apart is too much for her to bare. She runs back to the bazaar screaming for help. She is looking for either the ogre she had met earlier in the day or Lorenzo or any of the city guards to help her.

Togath
2013-01-16, 12:15 AM
Olomara, Slip:
Olomara attracts the attention of several merchants and civilians, and is able to quickly find Lorenzo, "what's the matter?" he says in an alarmed, but controlled voice. "you're from earlier right?, from the spat that ogre had with the rug merchant, is he causing more trouble?"

shugyosha
2013-01-16, 12:20 AM
Olomara

"No, no... we might need him, there is a hopping vampire at the docks. Some one brought one in. They are indigenous to the Ogre lands."

Zefir
2013-01-16, 02:46 AM
Xidor

Xidor just nods as the man mentions the found of the copy.

"Ok." And with a bit innocent voice he adds. " I don't know what news you might mean"

He will then head of to study the book, which may lead him back to somewhere around the storyteller.

Fibinachi
2013-01-16, 01:14 PM
Slip

Bubs was pretty handy with that axe of his. Bubs was also liable to have his guts spread out all over the area. He wasn't going to last long, yet Olomara was hopefully bringing the guards soon which left "long" being much less important.
Slip should hustle out and join her.
Yet... Leaving someone at the mercy of a vampiric assailant did seem a little crass.

A quick glance backwards revealed little more than the early half light and empty shipping lanes.

Oh darnit, so much for self preservation.

"Hey! Hey! I'm a distraction! Nier nier noise!"

Action

Move action: Slip moves up to support Bubs, since the Jiang-Shi is ca. 25ft away. He will try to help flank, if possible.

Standard action: Slip crouches and covers and use total defense. +4 Ac dodge ac. (AC 15)

Free action: Speaking and making noise at the Jiang-Shi to get its attention for a moment.

galenbd
2013-01-16, 10:17 PM
Angharad continues to question the construct worried, "Why did Maker send you after Tribbles-man? What was Tribbles-man's conflict with Maker?"

Togath
2013-01-17, 04:02 PM
Olomara:
"I've heard about those things...nasty creatures. I'm not very sure of where the merchant went...but the jiang-shi is on the docks right?" says Lorenzo, as he starts to move towards the docks area "those things gain many of their abilities from a scroll stitched to their foreheads, if you can get it wet, it might be weakened, just don't let it get a hold of you, unlike a vampire, it doesn't need to bite you to kill you"

Xidor:
"good to hear..or not, I suppose" says the shopkeeper as you leave.
Heading back to the storyteller you notice a heavily armored goblin run by, leading a young women towards the docks.

Slip:
The jiang shi loses focus on Bubs long enough for him to draw out and drink a small vial of dark green liquid, which seems to help mend some of his wounds.
[roll0]
as he's doing that the jiang shi makes the same series of gestures as last time, and summons another blast of water.
Bull Rush from spell-like ability:[roll1]
pushing him backwards 10ft.

"Tribbles stole from maker, one and two times, on the second time Tribbles see maker making the fleshy mes, and started trying to escape to tell the Stormy-Port about the not-dead dead. So Maker sent me to find Tribbles-man to keep him from telling Stormy-Port about Maker and the King-man"

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-17, 06:10 PM
"Your master creates...? Just who is this man, anyhow?"

Togath
2013-01-20, 03:28 AM
"He's a me, but wooden and smarter...what they name?" says the dreadguard, pausing to think for a moment "Golden?, Good and?.. Golem? one those three" it nods in satisfaction at itself for remembering something.

galenbd
2013-01-20, 07:32 AM
Angharad is behind the wood construct, so she doesn't bother to hide the look of fear and revulsion. She pauses and wonders how to tell Stormport about what has been revealed to them. We would not be believed. If we could capture it and return it to Stormport for questioning, then we might be believed. Also, I wonder if Tribbles is really who we're after.

Angharad thinks in silence for a while, writing not really being her thing. No, Tribbles is definitely who the paper said, however, I bet the victim is this thing's maker. If he assaulted the guard and escaped, it was because the guard did not believe him.

I can no longer support this enterprise. What I should do is find the Maker and stop him.

Chained Birds
2013-01-20, 11:56 AM
Snarin

Scratching his nose in boredom,

"Too much talking."

The large Orc starts to push the group along so they get to their destination faster.

shugyosha
2013-01-20, 01:21 PM
Olomara

"Wow, you know quiet a bit about these things," she remarks. "We should hurry back. Slip is keeping it occupied."

She runs back leading Lorenzo and whoever else might want to help back to the creature.

Fibinachi
2013-01-20, 01:52 PM
Slip

"Shining stars above, now let's just eff it out of here!"

Those claws were going to rip him to pieces, so clearly he had to be careful. Leverage some of his luck. Concentrate enough not to accidentally let go and--- That was the worst part - the guards were probably going to shot both of them if they came a-calling and saw a hopping undead wrestle a flailing monster. Dual-born nature curse again.

Okay, okay, focus, time. Duck away from the claws as it swings it attention back around and then throw, then bail. Ducking backwards with a prayer to some unknowable god, Slip threw the contents of his right hand at the monster.

Action
Slip takes a 5ft step backwards.
Hopefully, no attack of opportunity
Slip makes a ranged touch attack with a tanglefoot bag:
[roll0]

Zefir
2013-01-20, 02:54 PM
Xidor:

Xidor does wonder why this person is running around. Maybe he should at last take a look. He will try to follow her.

Togath
2013-01-22, 04:14 AM
as Snarin begins to push the group forward the construct and Angharad need to make reflex saves(DC 15) to avoid getting stuck in the silt(which has collected in the deeper parts of the streams).

Construct: [roll0]
the construct gets slightly stuck in the silt.

Olomara, Slip:
Lorenzo Initiative:[roll1](lorenzo moves first)
he makes a very quick leap towards the jiang shi and strikes it with a powerful blow from his sword.
Before Bubs tries to strike it with his axe, landing a solid blow, knocking the undead to the ground, where it turns into a pile of thick dust. Exausted from his wound Bubs kneels down and says "finish it!, It'll reform if'n ya leave it there"

Xidor:
Following the pair, you see Lorenzo make a leaping charge towards a hunched figure standing on the dock, and strike it with a powerful blow from his sword before a short fellow with an axe strikes it as well, knocking it out of site and to the ground.

shugyosha
2013-01-22, 11:23 AM
OOC: wow that was fast. I was hoping to contribute something to this...:smallsmile:

Olomara

Once there the young woman casts a simple cantrip she had readied once she was informed about the jiang-shi's weakness. Two gallons of water pour down on the remains of the undead monstrosity washing it into the water.

"I think we need to inspect that boat of yours, to see if there is any other contraband on it."

Chained Birds
2013-01-22, 02:53 PM
Snarin

The Orc helps the construct out.

galenbd
2013-01-23, 10:29 PM
Needing to talk to her companions alone, but unsure of how to do it, Angharad continues to follow along. The construct could kill them all, but perhaps she could work out a way to slow it down. At the moment, catching Tribbles is still necessary if only to provide testimony to the guard.

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-24, 09:26 AM
Alamix, also wanting to talk privately, says in elven, "Hey, Mr. Dread, do you speak Elven?"
Then he switches to common: "Ow-hay about-yay ig-pay atin-lay?"

Let's use Lucida Console for anything said in elvish.:smallcool:

galenbd
2013-01-24, 10:16 AM
Angharad replies in elven as well. "Indeed, many of us may understand Elven but not yet speak it. Perhaps we should ask if we could rest. I'm getting tired, but the golem does not."

Togath
2013-01-26, 04:11 AM
Olomara, Slip, Xidor:
the spell washes the remains cleanly into the harbor.
"err...aye..I suppose we gotta, afta all this...I aint even sure if the ol' capt' still breathin'"

"I am afraid I do not talk the talking of elves, more than enough to know I can not. I ancay alktay ehtay alkingtay foay iggishpay oweverhay"
"if you meaty ones need rest, I'll guard for danger"

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-26, 10:05 AM
"Oh, good. We can talk without him hearing, then. So did you interpret that as, his maker also creates undead? And Tribbles found out about it and so his maker sent him to kill Tribbles, his maker being... A wooden golem?"

Chained Birds
2013-01-26, 02:28 PM
Snarin

"Fish help burger jump carp demon loosely."

Snarin says in elven,

"See, it's not that hard to speak Eleven."

Snarin seems fine with letting the construct guard.

galenbd
2013-01-26, 09:03 PM
Angharad pointedly waits until the golem steps off a ways before replying to Alamix.

She remains speaking in elven, though in a lowered voice. "He is being deceptive. I think he speaks elven. He certainly understood me. I'm fairly sure the Maker is also the person offering the bounty. At the moment, I'm not interested in continuing to pursue our quarry. Undead are more important."

shugyosha
2013-01-26, 09:41 PM
Olomara

Walking up the gangplank she says, "We should probably find out who was the patron who ordered that thing. Who knows what else they might have."

Once on board, if there is nothing on deck that is interesting she tries to find the captain's cabin.

Togath
2013-01-27, 06:58 AM
Olomara, Slip, Xidor(?) :
"aye, I suppose it's fer tha best" says Bubs, "let me guess, you were hired by that Shepu fellow?, what's he like to be called?, Bloody hands was it?" responds Lorenzo in a tone suggesting he's had this sort of conversation before, "Huh?, You know tha boss?", "aye...the moron's gotten him self in a lot of trouble with smuggling over the years... First time he's tried an undead though, to my knowledge anyway", he says as he heads towards the captains quarters.

Zefir
2013-01-27, 09:33 AM
Xidor

Xidor looks a bit confused at the scene. He never thought there might be undeads like this one around.((Assuming Undead who become dust are known as stronger than equal)). Sice it seems that the person he followed belongs to the city (If I'm not wrong) Xidor will just take a seat. It's out of his intresst to distribut this event until his service are needed.

Togath
2013-01-28, 05:31 AM
Olomara, Slip(part 2, since I got to tired and decided to just put up what I already had):
Lorenzo heads to the captain's quarters and knocks on the doors, shouting "Shepu you bugger, still alive in there?"
"You blasted undead!, I knew I should never have trusted him!, Ol' Gramp's always said ne'er trust an employer who wont letcha see their face!"
"Calm down, you moron, the vampire's dead...and I have a few questions I'd like to ask you about why you're causing yet another incident here" responds Lorenzo.
"Lorenzo?, Lorenzo!, Bubs?"
"I'm 'ere boss!"
"So it's gone?"
"aye, this Lorenzo fella got it good, with a bit o' help from that human lass"
you can hear the door unlocking as the goblin you guys originally followed to the ship peaks out "Come in.." he says in a nervous voice.

-Xidor:
as you watch this spectacle unfold, you are able to recognize two of the people as the ones you saw earlier, bothering the pirates.

shugyosha
2013-01-28, 10:41 AM
Olomara

She enters the captain's quarters and a flood of questions come to mind upon seeing the goblin. "You... What was in that bag you brought on board?" was the only one that came out.

[roll0] perception

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-28, 10:45 AM
Alamix says loudly, in elven, "Yes! We must protect the Fountain at any cost to ourselves! Our companion must die!"

Fibinachi
2013-01-29, 12:55 AM
Slip

"I second her immediate and curious inquiry but I hasten to add a "... Because after that near-death experience, we're really curious, if you wouldn't mind telling the lot of us, Cap'n".

Slip glanced around the room, quietly admiring his quaint sense of interior decoration. Ah, the free styling life of a high flying buccaneer-smuggler extraordinary. Why, it was almost enough to make a man forget all about the horrible undead beings and raking claws and water blasts.
Almost.

"Also, "Cap'n", wouldn't a vessel of this size have more crew? Where's the lot of your ruggedly handsome men? Devoured by menagerie piece turned murderous?"

Togath
2013-01-29, 09:56 PM
Olomara, Slip, Xidor:
-Olomara: you notice the bag laying empty, near a covered box of some sort.
"The bag?, What bag?, The charred bag?, It was full of...weasels" he says, in a bit of a nervous voice.

"as for my crew, I 'ave a saying they learn to know round here; If all 'ell breaks loose, swim for your life, or lock yourself in a box"
"They're probably somewhere round the docks now, or hiding in the hold"

The golem turns it head when Alamix shouts and says "is erythingvey rightalay?"[is everything alright] in piglatin

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-29, 10:46 PM
"I would hazard a guess that he does not, in actual fact, speak a syllable of Elvish."

Chained Birds
2013-01-29, 10:58 PM
Snarin

"I may not speak their Goblin language (sounds sorta like Goblin), but I hope they are not insulting us. Insults amount to "bad things"."

Snarin is unhappy with the sedimentary position he is currently in. He could be trying to make fireworks again, instead of waiting around with people he doesn't much like.

Fibinachi
2013-01-29, 11:20 PM
Slip

"Thank you. Your concern for their welfare does you honor. Now, it occurs to me and undoubtedly to the rest of these clever folk that weasels do not habitually char their bags. So either you put a good amount of weasels into a charred bag, which - hey, I am not one to ponder your transportation methods - or something else was in it. Something not weasel-related. Something you're trying to weasel out off. Pardon the pun. Tell us. Please. We did just destroy an hopping thing from beyond the grave and are woefully high on battle vigor the lot of us.

Slip smiled.

Slip attempts to intimidate the fine captain into revealing a little more information!
[roll0]

galenbd
2013-01-30, 09:23 PM
Angharad rolls her eyes at Alamix's way of checking the threat posed by the golem. She continues on in Elven, "Very well. We need to find this Tribbles. We need to get him away from a golem that never sleeps. Then we need to get him back to town to convince the guard that he is actually telling the truth."

"Another option is to try and capture it and haul it back to town as evidence. However, I suspect it is quite out of our league."

Proud Tortoise
2013-01-30, 10:02 PM
"I suspect that we could defeat it, but constructs can't be subdued like people can... Could we try trapping it somehow? Maybe by using that sticky stuff?" Alamix calls to Snarin, "Hey, Snarin? What spells do you have that we could use to capture Tribbles alive?"
He continues speaking to Angharrad in Common: "Also, I'm worried about that wererat. Couldn't I, hypothetically, become a wererat, too?"

Chained Birds
2013-01-30, 10:32 PM
Snarin

"Spells?"

Snarin is not sure what Alamix means.

shugyosha
2013-01-31, 12:57 PM
Olomara

She takes her time to cast a simple spell and scans the area for any magical properties.

Cast detect magic.