PDA

View Full Version : What would they be in dnd II

celtas
2012-11-18, 09:58 PM
I set a google question based on what level would Gandalf be in DnD. I posted a question what class Dean Winchester would be if he was in DnD. I enjoy doing this so is there anyone else who would like to put characters into DnD terms, do it here.

celtas
2012-11-18, 10:07 PM
I saw one person post in a forum from '11 that Dean Winchester from Supernatural would be an urban ranger - non magical variant, i guess as a 3 or 3.5 character according the mechanics terms used in the reply.

I would postulate that some magic ability was present. Both Sam and Dean used magic. Some ritual and some incantations. They learned some from Bobby Singer - demon traps, and Castiel - angel runes, hex bags keeping the brothers hidden from demons. Dean did read some rituals from books but then other times did spout incantations from memory. So maybe not normal spell progression but the ability to cast rituals and some sorcerer type of casting or the spell casting is specific to the monsters they are aware of and no other broad spell casting allowed.

The favored enemy bonus of a ranger....sometimes hard to determine but the brothers dealt with more than 3 types of monsters. The first one is demons, second one could be ghost, the third shape shifters, based on the previous assumption from '11 that Dean is a 10th level urban ranger. optionally, its more like a knowledge skill that Dean could have attained more information especially from having his father's journal and interactions with Bobby Singer and other hunters.

What do people think?