PDA

View Full Version : New better save DC

GutterFace
2012-11-19, 08:35 AM
Playground! i need some ideas/help about getting the Save DC for my level 7 Dragonfire Adept.

Dc10+1/2 dfa level + con mod (which is a 4) [Fort.]

i need some boost! Feats! ideas???

DoughGuy
2012-11-19, 09:03 AM
Are you actually having trouble hitting people in game? Because look at it like this. Atm you have DC 17. A level 7 rogue, good dex, good reflex save has maybe +8 to reflex. A fighter, bad reflex, lowish dex, has maybe +3/4. Your current DC is no lower (maybe by 1 or 2) than a caster of the same level so it shouldn't be hurting too bad.

CthulhuEatYou
2012-11-19, 09:05 AM
Ability Focus (Breathweapon) from MMI maybe, if you qualify for it.

GutterFace
2012-11-19, 09:08 AM
valid point.

i was looking into Ability Focus. besides that i was having trouble finding ways to up the DC for breath effects in general.

as it stands if my DC save for breath effects are on par with where it should be in comparison with other classes i will try and get more tactical feats

Diarmuid
2012-11-19, 09:29 AM
Dragon Spirit Cintrure (MIC 95) adds 1 die to your breath weapon damage and can boost your breath weapon DC +1 if you're wielding a weapon that deals the same type of damage. Should be easy to add an energy weapon crystal to your weapon of the appropriate type assuming you're dealing a normal damage type (fire, cold, acid, lightning).