PDA

View Full Version : LGBTAitP Grows Some Teeth! [OOC Thread]



Absol197
2012-11-19, 12:20 PM
This is the OOC thread for our Werewolf: the Forsaken game.

All the main, necessary information can be found here, in the OP.

Other Threads
Dice Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258592), In-Character thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14063861#post14063861)

LGBTAitP Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259410), Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254856)

House Rules
1. Rapid Healing: Increases a werewolf's bashing/turn and lethal/essence healing to equal their Primal Urge.

2. Deadly Rage: When in Death Rage, a werewolf always all-out attacks (+2 dice to your attack, no Defense), and only takes 1 damage from bashing attacks.

3. Extended Rage: Instead of automatically exiting Gauru when you run out of time, you can choose to remain in that form, with the risk of slipping into Death Rage. If you choose to stay (or exit and then re-enter the form)Make a Resolve + Composure -2 roll, and add the successes as extra turns. Every time you run out of time in the scene, you roll again with a cumulative -1. When you fail, you go Death Rage. Gauru turns are based on Composure instead of Stamina.

4. Animal Instincts: Animals use the higher of their Dexterity or Wits for Defense. An Uratha in Gauru, Urshul, or Urhan form can better tap into their animal instinct, and do the same.

5. Supernatural Strength: You get 9-again on Strength rolls in Gauru.

6. Gifts You've Earned: As long as you have a starting Renown at 2 dots or higher, you can learn 2-dot Gifts instead of needing to learn the 1-dot Gifts first.

7. Spiritual Experience: Whenever one of the People interacts with specifically werewolf/spirit magic stuff, they gain a point of spiritual XP, which can only be spent on primal urge, gifts, rites, or renown. Coming to know shadow, and how rites and spirits work, deepens your connection to your spiritual self.[/s][/color]

8. Stacking Skill Specialties: You can buy skill specialties up to a +3 bonus on relevant rolls. The cost is 2 times the level, instead of the normal flat 3.

Characters
Byörn SilverClaw (http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/20962)
Jaci
Kamou
Martin (http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/20482)
Mireille
Rose

Mina Kobold
2012-11-19, 12:59 PM
Yays! We have an Oocy now. ^_^

Here is a repost of my sheet, grabbed from last thread. :smallsmile:

Sheet
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9510/rosesheet1.png
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7616/rosesheet2.png

Backstory
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1912/rosepapers21.jpg


Transscript
Dr. COBB: Welcome, miss Dubois, or is Rose preferred? I would like to keep these sessions as comfortable as possible.
Pron. ROZ
DUBOIS: C’-It’s Rose, or Rosette. Either’s great.

Dr. COBB: I understand that you have experienced recurring nightmares and hallucinations lately. Could you tell me about them? Dubois' friend reports strange dogs following them

DUBOIS: Oui. It ‘as been strange, Ever since we arrived in les États Unis, I’ve kept having dreams about a Wolf and the Moon. Really weird, but the weirdest is that I keep seeing strange things everywhere that nobody else notice. Swarms of spiders, shadows with eyes. I am beginning to think I am going crazy,.Alyse thinks I am just as bizarre as back at Orphelinat Saint Hubert, but she’s just jealous that I beat ‘er at DDR. [Patient smiles at last comment.] Competitive? Interesting...

Dr. COBB: Swarms of Spiders? Quite imaginative.




Dr. COBB: Hello again, Rose. I am sorry that such a terrible thing as a fire should happen on your first week in America, would you like to talk about it? You were the only witness to miss Lestrange’s dissapearance.

DUBOIS: [Patient seems to focus on breathing calmly before replying] Alyse... I saw something lead the fire. Tried to help Alyse, but she pushed me away with Louis. Pas vrai, I’ve always been defending her, but she protects me and I run. I run... Lestrange's cat (Louis)

Dr. COBB: No one blames you, Rose. You were courageous just to survive, many would have frozen in place. Even your burns are leaving no scars, perhaps you should see your survival as a blessing? Healing fast
Aggressive Sarcasm
DUBOIS: Yes, par Toutanis, praise the gods. My appearance will not be tarnished by the fire that took Alyse from-from us. The fire... That thing was the fire, it was there for something, but Alyse knew it. Alyse protected me, Alyse always believed me. I think even Louis knew that I was not seeing things. But now I guess me and Louis are the only ones left... Sorry, I must sound like a Lunatic. [Patient tries to smile, grief obvious]

Dr. COBB: Not at all, Rose. In fact, I think you are far stronger than any... Lunacy.

And I still need to spend those last points... Nope, no ideas. D:

gunnar11
2012-11-19, 01:18 PM
YAY!
OOC is awesome :D
And I didn't know about house-rule 6!
Gonna go change that now!

Absol197
2012-11-19, 01:40 PM
YAY!
OOC is awesome :D
And I didn't know about house-rule 6!
Gonna go change that now!

Gah! Just as I have you learn gifts in your prologue, you go about changing them!
It's fine, I just felt like complaining a wee bit. ^_^

~Phoenix~

Socratov
2012-11-19, 01:43 PM
My new and enhanced sense of smell couldnt help noticing this delicious smell..

Good to are that my character had transferred well. Now to wait for Phoenix to abuses the current bone I've thrown her :smallamused:

gunnar11
2012-11-19, 03:26 PM
Gah! Just as I have you learn gifts in your prologue, you go about changing them!
It's fine, I just felt like complaining a wee bit. ^_^

~Phoenix~

No worries, no drastic changes ^^

Your post coming up!

Also: Would it be taken as an offense to use my warrior's eye on Falling Ash?

Absol197
2012-11-19, 04:32 PM
No worries, no drastic changes ^^

Your post coming up!

Also: Would it be taken as an offense to use my warrior's eye on Falling Ash?

Well, no one else can tell that you're doing it (unless they're a Rahu and watching really closely), so no, it probably wouldn't :smallsmile: .


~Phoenix~

gunnar11
2012-11-19, 04:36 PM
Awesome, then I'll roll it:

[roll0]

Hope I get something from her

SiuiS
2012-11-19, 05:01 PM
Kamau Nazandal

Male Storm Lord Cahalith
"..."

STATBLOCK



ATTRIBUTES

Intelligence 2
Wits 2
Resolve 2

Strength 3
Dexterity 2
Stamina 2

Presence 3
Manipulation 1
Composure 4

MENTAL
Academics 1 (folklore)
Computer
Crafts (Tattoos)
Investigation
Occult 2
Politics
Medicine 2
Science

PHYSICAL
Athletics 2
Brawl 3
Drive 1
Firearms
Larceny 2
Stealth 1
Survival 1
Weaponry 1

SOCIAL
Animal Ken
Empathy
Expression 3 (body language 2)
Intimidation 1
Persuasion 1
Socialize
Streetwise 2
Subterfuge

MERITS
Resources 2
Status (criminal) 1
Primal Urge+1 3
Pack Totem 1

RENOWN
Glory 2
Honor 1

PRIMAL URGE 2
ESSENCE 7/10

HARMONY 7
VIRTUE: Fortitude
VICE: Envy
FLAW: nightmares (roll wits+resolve; if successes exceed resolve, do not recover willpower)

DERIVED TRAITS - Hishu
Willpower 6
Defense 2
Health 7
Speed 9
Initiative 6

DERIVED TRAITS - Dalu
Willpower 6
Defense 2
Health 9
Speed 10
Initiative 6
Strength/stamina +1, speed +1, perception +2, manipulation -1

DERIVED TRAITS - Gauru
Willpower N/A (6)
Defense 2 (1/1 armor)
Health 11
Speed 13
Initiative 10
Strength +3, stamina/size +2, dexterity +1, lethal weapons (+1 claws +2 fangs), ignore wound penalties/stay conscious rolls, -2 Kuruth

DERIVED TRAITS - Urshul
Willpower 6
Defense 2
Health 10
Speed 16
Initiative 8
Strength/dexterity/stamina +2, perception +3, manipulation -3, lethal weapons (Fangs +2)

DERIVED TRAITS - Urhan
Willpower 6
Defense 2
Health 7
Speed 14
Initiative 8
Dexterity +2, perception +4, lethal weapons (fangs)

GIFTS
Mother Luna 1: Partial Change
Cost: – or 1E (reflexive only)
Pool: – or Stamina+Survival+PU (reflexive only)
Effect: Change only single body part

Alpha 2: Alpha's Aura
Cost: 1WP
Pool: Composure+Intimidation+Honor, v/ Resolve+Resistance
Effect: Go ahead, hit me. I dare you.

Gibbous Moon 1: Pack Awareness
Cost: N/A
Pool: Wits+Empathy+Wisdom
Effect: A place for everyone and everyone in their place

Cahalith's Blessing

Once per story, have a dream of prophecy.
+1 to Occult rolls made to interpret omens or solve riddles.

Iminir's Ban

Allow none other tend to your weakness

XP: 0
UNSPENT XP: 0
ARCANE XP: 0
UNSPENT ARCANE: 0
DESCRIPTION


Kamau in hishu is a first-world weekend warrior, with the slightly chubby and soft at the edges, with baby fat on his cheeks. He stands only 5'8"/173cm, relying on his posture and breadth to impose on others. Since the change, however, he has begun to shed this layer of fat.

Kamau is possessed of strong, angular features, sculpted out of deep chocolate skin like a dark wood. His skin is somewhat glossy and greasy, due to his diet, but otherwise unmarred. He is clean shaven, with sharp, light brown eyes and a bushel of well-managed dreadlocks – his most prominent feature. Artfully manicured, arrayed to fall behind his shoulders like a pharaoh's head dress, and woven with bits of jewelry, it falls down to just below his ribs.

In Urhan, Kamau most resembles an anubian jackal, black fur tinged with the red brown of desert sands tinged by the final rays of the setting sun. Long, sleek, and predatory he seems eternally starved, always hunting.

In Gauru his two contrasting halves mix; wide, muscular and intimidating shape mixed with the sleek, almost mechanical elegance of a desert hunter crowned by coils of dread-like fur ropes.

Kamau is a quiet, thoughtful man who is held back more by missing so much of his basic education than by being unintelligent. He has a rapacious appetite for folklore, military history and cultural mores because he believes people need something to fight for, and need to know how. He's a fair hand at tagging an graffiti, an excellent if erratic dancer, and has a wide collection of music hidden behind death metal and rap albums so no one finds them – and these are all extensions of his desire to fin grounding in his roots.

HISTORY


Kamau is defined, or perhaps has defined himself, by enforced isolation. Plagued by violent nightmares since youth, he learned very quickly to keep himself under control. With an odd, African name, a strangely afroislamic home life, and moving whenever circumstances called for it - from promotions calling them across the country to a windfall allowing them to better themselves - he learned to put up a calm face in the midst of everything, knowing this too shall pass. On the meantime, being scared, being angry, being open, always let someone get you. So he shut down.

Unlike the majority of such cases however, Kamau knew he was putting on a mask. In a shinin moment of youthful wisdom he knew there was no point in being safe if you weren't happy, and so he strove to protect who he was, keeping everyone at arm's length, cracking only once when his father died. He was eight.

Kamau's mother had saved diligently, enough that even without a provider, they could live comfortably for a long time. It took five years and a surprise emergency room trip (for the mother) and emotional counseling (for Kamau) to really shake things up. His mother insisted they were fine, and outwardly he professed belief. But when he could, he checked their finances and saw bare-bones survival under a happy veneer. And being a young, seemingly impressionable black outcast there was only one easy way to help. A few fistfights, the right words at the right time, and shady connection to that kid Ho always smoke behind the portables were Kamau's gateway to a life of crime.

It was small stuff, at first. Cigarettes, intimidation, dressing scary. It took him a few years to meet and join his first street gang, and another year before coming to the attention of a man with pretensions of starting his own organized crime family.

Now, operating as the quiet, stone faced enforcer has brought Kamau the money he needs to support his mama. It's given him a purpose, a sense of identity, and has even begun to filter down through his mask (now an obsidian grimace of calculated boredom and violence) into his soul, affecting who he is at a deeper level. He tells himself it's still because he is supporting his mother, being a provider. He tells himself it's because he's already made so many sacrifices, his friends when he was young, his education just recently as earning his keep cut into class time in high school. He tells himself it's because it soothes the dreams he's always had, expressing their rage and terror and violence outward.

In truth, it's because they give him half of what he wants. Kamau is only an enforcer, but he has respect from everyone who's been promoted past him, an some of those who have been around since he joined. Where other gangsters threaten and scream, he stands tall and arcs an eyebrow. Where some talk a good game, Kamau let's people underestimate him. And where a lot of kids join up an look for easy money, growing fat on the work of those beneath them, Kamau has amassed a small army of admirers for getting his hands dirty and sticking to what he wants, despite those who want him out of the way either through promotion or 'removal'.

FIRST CHANGE


Kamau's first change came on the job, of all places. Months before, while watching over a delivery, some dumb bastard had the audacity try and steal what they were dropping off. In the scuffle, Kamau ended up with a face full of broken glass and some hallucinogen or another, or so he thinks. Tripping out, swinging around basically calling down half the damn county with his noise, his crew clubbed him until he was quiet and wrapped him in blankets. They holed up at a hotel room until their boy could come down from*Whatever he was trippin' on, and that was that.

Except Kamau was a budding Uratha, and that was most definitely not that. He kept hallucinating. Hearing things. Seeing things. finding himself in strange rooms that only showed up in dreams, until now. And through it all, he kept a stiff upper lip. But his boys, his boss, they noticed. They were gonna give him one more chance, one more shot, and then let him go on vacation - no one wants a soldier with a psychotic break.

it went smooth. Borrow his boy's car, drive down to the city, find the relay point and drop off the goods. Back home by midnight at the latest. Until this crazy homeless bitch started growling at him, snapping her teeth an damn near barking. And after the last month, well **** it, he barked back. That cowed her pretty quick, until her crew showed up. A couple dogs, a big dude in a ripped biker jacket, all of them with glowing orange eyes.

The rest of the night was a chaotic mess. Somehow, he's managed to avoid Uratha notice building up to his change; there just weren't any real packs around his house. So faced with a cub about to go ape on them, they did what any group of dogs would do and chased him out of their territory.Running in two legs, four, hands grabbing fences, claws ripping holes, teeth gnashing through branches and the whole time tripping out on the most psychedelic flashback you've ever heard of.

Kamau made it out of their territory okay. The wolves at bay, but the spirits needling incessantly, he kept going. Running. Always running. Looking back, reading some, he feels*It was almost like some sort of vision quest or a psychodrama. He wasn't even sure those werewolves were real, until two days later his mama was sayin' one I his friends was at the door, and there was that big biker dude, smaller now, and an angry looking middle-eastern fellow. And damn if that biker dude didn't look cowed.

They made it clear they had to talk, and Kamau's room was as good as their car. Better even, see, because getting in the car with strange men who knew your name and your job? That's a professional shakedown, he knows, and that ends in execution if you do it wrong. So he invites them in, makes some coffee, makes sure the neighbors are home and there's witnesses.

He gets the PowerPoint version. We are Uratha - The People. Werewolves. They say. You are too. You've been seeing the spirit world. You're not crazy, you are dangerous, you need to be taught. He takes it all in. Turns out, his daddy was Uratha, made this creepy Coptic dude promise to look out for him. His daddy was big over across the pond. His mama, her too. She was wolf-blooded, that's why they knew, kept an eye on him even when his daddy died.

They took him to a gym, a real hole. Concrete everywhere, a couple of bars of ruddy steel, and sand-packed black plastic. And while Kamau learned a few words in the first tongue, and leaned to control himself, and learned a bit of Urdaga history, they beat the hell out of him. Made sure he could fight like a werewolf. The biker guy left smiling, said come on down any time, meetup for a talk on the edge of his territory. Name of Terry. The Coptic dude, he left frowning less, which is as close as Kamau got from him to a smile, and said there was a meet up real soon, a big gathering. He'd keep in touch.

It's been a week or so since, the half moon faint into the quarter, almost gone.

EQUIPMENT

Glock (bb pistol) inflicts 1B, cannot inflict lethal
Prepaid Cell disposable
Used Pickup Truck nondescript, w/ camper shell
Three Bedroom Apartment spartan, living room converted to gym
Bug-Out Bag some cash, some clothes, bandages, and a phone card

SiuiS
2012-11-19, 05:59 PM
Without the fighting style it takes an action to nock a new arrow, so you only get to fire every other round.

Also, Armory has rules for making your own bow and arrows - it's a Dex+Survival roll. I had a Wizened Woodwalker who was a terrifyingly good archer.

Hmm. That's an odd thing. Although you only need a single dot in archery to make it work, it's still a necessity. Oh well.


Okay guys and gals, it's finally time to let this thread wind down. Here's the link to our new and shiny OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14249595#post14249595)!

If there is no link to your character at the moment, it means I've lost it in the twisting tunnels of this thread, and a linkie would be appreciated so I can find it again!


~Phoenix~

okay. So you still want write-ups of forum-friendly sheets, and if so do you want them using tables, or is plain-text okay?


Made some changes, finally.
- Added derived traits for each form
- changed the unwanted Sense Guilt gift out for Partial Change
- Finally remembered to give Kamau a last name

Absol197
2012-11-19, 06:27 PM
okay. So you still want write-ups of forum-friendly sheets, and if so do you want them using tables, or is plain-text okay?


Made some changes, finally.
- Added derived traits for each form
- changed the unwanted Sense Guilt gift out for Partial Change
- Finally remembered to give Kamau a last name

I really do like tables, but if you think your plain-text version is more user-friendly, go with that. I just dislike having more lines than absolutely necessary.


~Phoenix~

Socratov
2012-11-20, 03:48 AM
For some reason I really liked to share it over at dalines.net

I am aware my backstory is a bit concise (and mising some bits) but I'd like to keep it a bit general so i can allow people to form an opinion of him that might just not be exact :smallamused:

Edit: Because it got lost in the threadmove, my backstory:

Martin is a normal teenager, he sometimes brawls with a few bullies, he currently lives in a frathouse while studying to become a lawyer(living on student loans, he's still looking for a job).

That is, until his first change. During the half moon Martin thrashes his room in an attempt to redecorate it, an overwheling sense of unfairness strikes him. He sees nature suffering from humanity and that's not all, now he sees distorted shadows everywhere, he goes on and knocks over a lamppost. Exhausted he reverts to his human form again. Uncertain of what happened he seeks an answer. Something isn't right, and it's certainly not normal, something has to be done. After his first change he is taken in by the Storm Lords, recognised for his potential.

After a little schooling by more experienced werewolves Martin is learning at an astounding rate. He is still clumsy with his new powers (low dex) and still need to get really good at the social interaction between the People (low manipulation), however, his wits and academic prowess has never left him (high mental stats). He always enjoyed being outdoors, living near a bit of woods, and frequently went camping and hiking with his dad. Upon hearing the history of the people and Father Wolf Martin sees where justice has failed. Things need to get right, and he's the one to do it (justice/pride).

Absol197
2012-11-21, 08:17 AM
:smalleek: Wow, this board moves fast!

Okay, so Since I've finished two prologues (Jaci and Byorn), I'm going to be doing an update of the IC thread on Friday. And hopefully we can get the last four done soon, too (I know Martin is almost finished).

Then, we'll be ready to start!


~Phoenix~

gunnar11
2012-11-21, 08:41 AM
:smalleek: Wow, this board moves fast!

Okay, so Since I've finished two prologues (Jaci and Byorn), I'm going to be doing an update of the IC thread on Friday. And hopefully we can get the last four done soon, too (I know Martin is almost finished).

Then, we'll be ready to start!


~Phoenix~

Which reminds me: am I still getting an answer? I wrote back, you know... :smalltongue:

Socratov
2012-11-21, 09:29 AM
yes, this board indeed does move fast...

And then we'll start at the start of Ungin?

Absol197
2012-11-21, 10:10 AM
Which reminds me: am I still getting an answer? I wrote back, you know... :smalltongue:

Oh, right! Derp, I completely missed your roll somehow.

For Falling Ash, you get the feeling she's a tougher combatant than you.
For Howling Gale, you get the feeling she's a tougher combatant than you.
For Coyote Wild, you get the feeling you're the stronger combatant.
For Slayer, you get the feeling you're about equal in strength.
For Moon Dancer, you get the feeling you're the stronger combatant.


~Phoenix~

SiuiS
2012-11-21, 09:51 PM
Should probably subscribe to this thread, shouldn't I?

Socratov
2012-11-22, 01:23 AM
Should probably subscribe to this thread, shouldn't I?

I would advice so, yes...

Astrella
2012-11-23, 11:28 PM
Are weapons paid for with merit dots? Or does that fall under resources?

SiuiS
2012-11-24, 12:11 AM
Are weapons paid for with merit dots? Or does that fall under resources?

Resources, allies And status for mundane weapons. Merit dots are only used for fetishes, cursed or possessed items.


Note: allies and status tend to get you access and maybe a discount. You'd till need to buy or steal the weapon.

gunnar11
2012-11-24, 06:14 AM
Just a head count: Who has dots in resources?
Because I have 2 dots, so I think we can manage everything with it, but if you guys think we need more/less, tell me.


and: I DEMAND an update on the IC thread!
I'm eager to read backstories ^^

Also: Since we didn't handle that, could I write my own First Change?

Socratov
2012-11-24, 12:25 PM
No resources yet, but looking for job once the pack is formed. (Hint: bartender at a college bar on campus ;p

gunnar11
2012-11-24, 02:05 PM
bartender at a college bar on campus
at a college bar
college

Hell yeah! You'll be my targetter!
You choose the people that are the most drunk/available, and I go after them. It will be the best!

Cuz, you know, my vice is Lust :smallwink:

Socratov
2012-11-25, 10:23 AM
Hell yeah! You'll be my targetter!
You choose the people that are the most drunk/available, and I go after them. It will be the best!

Cuz, you know, my vice is Lust :smallwink:

Bartenders: everyone's wingman :smallamused::smallbiggrin:

Also, a closed bar during the day makes for an excellent headquarters :smallwink: for planning and the like...

Absol197
2012-11-26, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys and Gals!

Sorries about the lost time, but Thanksgiving and family stuff takes precedence, as I'm sure you agree. But I'm back now, so we can get stuff done. We're halfway there with people finishing their prologues (Yes, Gunnar, you can write your on First Change, although most Uratha don't really remember it very well), so I'm going to reply to those three who are still going, and then I'll update the IC thread.

Hope you all had a good weekend! And Socratov, I love the new avatar :smallsmile: !


~Phoenix~

Absol197
2012-11-26, 11:17 AM
Aaaannnd...Done :smallsmile: !

for those of you looking to read up on some prologues, they've been posted. And those waiting to hear back from me on your own prologue, well, they've been updated. It's a very productive day for werewolfery :smallbiggrin: !


~Phoenix~

Socratov
2012-11-27, 02:49 AM
thanks for the love of my new avvie, but Elemental deserves all the credit :smallamused:

Anyway, Let's see if we can start withing a month, counting now! *watches watch very focused*

gunnar11
2012-11-27, 03:30 AM
Well, then:
Thanks Ele!

On another note:
Let's try to begin within a week!
*watches very closely*

Or we could do something more awesome, like start a personal story with the people that are already done.

Absol197
2012-11-27, 08:29 AM
Well, then:
Thanks Ele!

On another note:
Let's try to begin within a week!
*watches very closely*

Or we could do something more awesome, like start a personal story with the people that are already done.

...Actually, we could...most of you are being brought in with another pack, and they're not all going to arrive at the same time. We could get the first scene started with the people who are finished, and say that the packs that are bringing them just happened to arrive first.

That seems like a great idea, Gunnar! If everyone else is okay with that (sound off, please!), we can get started either today or tomorrow!


~Phoenix~

Socratov
2012-11-27, 09:32 AM
Today (within the hour!)

SiuiS
2012-11-27, 03:38 PM
...Actually, we could...most of you are being brought in with another pack, and they're not all going to arrive at the same time. We could get the first scene started with the people who are finished, and say that the packs that are bringing them just happened to arrive first.

That seems like a great idea, Gunnar! If everyone else is okay with that (sound off, please!), we can get started either today or tomorrow!


~Phoenix~

Works for me!

Absol197
2012-11-29, 08:07 AM
Okay, I guess I'll send a PM to everybody asking if starting now-ish is okay, 'cause it seems not everyone is checking this thread regularly.

Also, SiuiS, are you waiting for me, or am I waiting for you?


~Phoenix~

Mina Kobold
2012-11-29, 10:08 AM
Eep! My apologies, I forgot to respond. >_<

I find the idea perfectly fine and fun, as well as more realistic (Unless something is behind it, it would be odd for everybody to arrive at exactly the same time). I do tend to be terrible at talking if I arrive later than others myself, but hopefully that will not be an issue when the event is a gathering of supernatural shapeshifters. X3

SiuiS
2012-11-29, 07:03 PM
Okay, I guess I'll send a PM to everybody asking if starting now-ish is okay, 'cause it seems not everyone is checking this thread regularly.

Also, SiuiS, are you waiting for me, or am I waiting for you?


~Phoenix~

Sorry! I rolled the grapple-y check in the dice thread, but it didn't seem like it was worth a PM since I'm trying to keep my box empty as possible. I'm too used to D&D where in these cases I wait for explanation. Lemme see...


Okay, re-checking it looks like it goes as follows?
I grab the guy successfully (Str+Brawl-enemy strength) and now I've got him.
He has a chance to wriggle free if he can.
His friends get to try and tear me up- I can't find anything about defense though, so I might be... Oh Gauru don't get defense so no loss :smallbiggrin:
On my next turn, I get to try an overpowering attack of some kind (enemy uses Str not Def to resist), and I'll either "use a drawn weapon" and crush his spine or perhaps use him as an improvised weapon, since strength six is sufficient to lift him. What's his durability? Since his size is 5 that's a good... 14 bashing dice, or 16 if I can use brawl to flail around like a hammerhead shark.

I think I subscribe to the Sebastian Weiss school of Messing Dudes Up. XD

Astrella
2012-12-01, 06:30 AM
Okies, reposting my character sheet. I'm very likely going to make a few changes so I can add Archery. I need 2 dots in strength for that though, so I'm not really sure what to shift around. Would 1 dot in stamina hurt me badly?

Mireille
Virtue: Charity; Vice: Greed
{table=head]Mental||Physical||Social|
Intelligence|OO|Strength|O|Presence|OOO
Wits|OOO|Dexterity|OOO|Manipulation|OOO
Resolve|OO|Stamina|OO|Composure|OO[/table]
{table=head]Mental||Physical||Social|
Academics*|O|Athletics|OO|Animal Ken|O
Computer||Brawl|O|Empathy|OO
Crafts|O|Drive||Expression*|OO
Investigation||Firearms*|OO|Intimidation|
Medicine|O|Larceny|O|Persuasion|O
Occult|O|Stealth*|OO|Socialize|
Politics||Survival|OOO|Streetwise|
Science||Weaponry||Subterfuge|O[/table]
Specialties: Academics (History); Firearms (Pistols); Stealth (Moving through woods); Expression (Harmonica)
Merits: Resources (**); Direction Sense (*); Holistic Awareness (***); Fetish (Spirit Wings) (*)

Werewolf Traits:
Auspice: Irraka; Auspice Power: Pathfinder's Sense
Tribe: Iron Masters
Renown: Cunning 2; Wisdom 1
Gifts:
New Moon 1: Sense Weakness
Cost: None
Pool: Intelligence+Empathy+Wisdom
Effect: (Success) Werewolf learns a weakness: Vice, Derangement or Flaw

Technology 1: Left-handed Spanner
Cost: 1 WP
Pool: Wits+Craft+Purity
Effect: Disable device for a number of turns equal to successes.

Stealth 2: Blending
Cost: None
Pool: Wits+Stealth+Cunning vs. Wits+Composure
Action: Instant or contested
Effect: Hide in plain sight

Health |
Willpower: OOOO
Primal Urge: 1; Harmony: 7 Derangements: None
{table=head]|Hishu|Dalu|Gauru|Urshul|Urhan
Strength|1|2|5|3|1
Dexterity|3|3|4|5|5
Stamina|2|3|4|4|3
Manipulation|3|2|0*|1|1
Brawl|?|?|?|?|?
Bite/Claw|-/-|-/-|?/?|?/?|?/-
|||||
Size|5|6|7|6|4
Defense|3|3|4|5|5
Initiative|+5|+6|+6|+7|+8
Speed|9|10|13|16|15
Armor|0/0|0/0|1/1|0/0|0/0
Perception|5|7|8|8|9[/table]

First Change
She hesitated and looked around. A warm breeze of wind brushed past her. The rusting leaves and low creaking of the worn cemetery gate surrounded her, as if intending to drown out all other sound in the world.

It’s only a rusty old gate. What are you afraid of?

She continued cautiously along the sideway keeping her eyes fixed across the street. A glance through the bars of the gate revealed nothing but the regimented rows of tombstones.

Empty. Of course, what else did she expect at this hour?

Still, she couldn't say why, but the cemetery looked strangely inviting. Something had taken hold of her-a strange rope tugging at her heart-urging her to go have a closer look. She turned her head towards both ends of the deserted road before crossing over. A small bead of sweat trailed down her neck as she grabbed one of the bars.

When did it get so hot? She wondered as she pushed open the gate. Despite its loud, screeching protests it opened with surprising ease. The soft clicking of her shoes punctuated her steps as she moved past the entrance. The bright white of her cellphone’s flashlight danced past the graves, giving her the light the moon denied her right now. Her flashlight moved along the path, tombstones lining it like stern custodians. She could make out a dark shape lying at an intersection ahead.

The tugging grew stronger. Carefully, she continued her approach. The wind returned, caressing her sweat-covered face in a disturbing fashion. It felt like something or someone running its fingers over her skin. She glanced around again. Everything seemed taller. The few crooked trees in the cemetery seemed almost as if they were trying to bend over and reach for her. And then it happened.

Blink.

She was still in the cemetery. But at the same time she wasn't. Something shimmered through the gravestones. Was that grass? Long, translucent strands of grass were surrounding her, coming forth from path and the gravestones as if they weren't there. Slowly, she reached out and tried to grab a strand with her hand. Nothing Her hand just brushed through it.

Blink.

She stared. The grass was gone. The tugging was still here though pulling her closer towards the intersection.

Blink.

The grass returned. The same eerie grey strands as before, waving in the warm wind that still circled around her. She brushed some stray hairs out of her face and resumed her pace.

Blink.

At the intersection, her flashlight revealed the dark shape: a wolf cub. A sad little heap of grey fur with black splotches. She slowly reached out to it, eliciting a faint growl coming from the small creature. She hesitated, grabbed hold of her hand and had another look around.

Blink.

The grass returned. But this time, she could see tiny pairs of red beads hiding between the still waving grey blades. The cub started to growl at her feet as the beads drew slowly closer. The rope around her heart felt more like a noose. A noose that burned with searing heat.

This isn't happening, she thought as the sweltering hot wind parted the seas of ghostly grass surrounding her. Are those…rats? No, they can’t be. Rats don’t have glowing red eyes. Rats aren't made of shadow. She felt her legs abandon her and collapsed onto her knees. This isn't happening…this isn't real, she murmured to herself. Underneath the dark disk of the New Moon a circle of shadows with blazing red eyes surrounded her, snarling with unnaturally sharp voices. One word kept echoing through her head: Hide…hide…hide… Tears of panic started to well up in her eyes when she felt something wet touching her hand. The little cub had crawled over to her and started licking her fingers. Hide…hide…hide…She couldn't…no place to run…she had to protect the cub…Hide!

The cold fear coursing through her body threatened to extinguish whatever fire she still had left in her heart. Hide…hide…hide…No! The fire spread out from her heart and through her veins, driving back the terror that threatened to overwhelm her. No. Hide no longer! She pulled herself up, muscles twitching, sweat dripping down her body. Anger at those who would hurt others overwhelmed her. She looked down at her claws, flexing them with newfound strength. Claws? Had she always had those? But they felt so right. The untempered fury coursing through her body drowned out those questions. She threw back her head and let out a bloodcurdling roar as the circle of shadows closed in on her and the cub.

No more hiding!

Socratov
2012-12-03, 03:34 AM
So... when do we start? :smallamused:

Absol197
2012-12-03, 03:33 PM
Okay, I'm getting the beginning of the actual game up now! We're starting with Byorn and Jaci, and then Martin will come in shortly thereafter. Then, when the other players get their prologues done (I'm going to respond to all of you today, I promise!), they'll join in, as well.

Happy hunting :smallsmile: !


~Phoenix~

Absol197
2012-12-06, 11:42 AM
Hehehe :smallbiggrin: ! Socratov, Martin was mentioned offhandedly in the most recent update!


~Phoenix~

Socratov
2012-12-06, 12:02 PM
Excellent!

*puts fingertips together like mr. Burns*

SiuiS
2012-12-06, 04:37 PM
Okies, reposting my character sheet. I'm very likely going to make a few changes so I can add Archery. I need 2 dots in strength for that though, so I'm not really sure what to shift around. Would 1 dot in stamina hurt me badly?

Mireille
Virtue: Charity; Vice: Greed
{table=head]Mental||Physical||Social|
Intelligence|OO|Strength|O|Presence|OOO
Wits|OOO|Dexterity|OOO|Manipulation|OOO
Resolve|OO|Stamina|OO|Composure|OO[/table]
{table=head]Mental||Physical||Social|
Academics*|O|Athletics|OO|Animal Ken|O
Computer||Brawl|O|Empathy|OO
Crafts|O|Drive||Expression*|OO
Investigation||Firearms*|OO|Intimidation|
Medicine|O|Larceny|O|Persuasion|O
Occult|O|Stealth*|OO|Socialize|
Politics||Survival|OOO|Streetwise|
Science||Weaponry||Subterfuge|O[/table]
Specialties: Academics (History); Firearms (Pistols); Stealth (Moving through woods); Expression (Harmonica)
Merits: Resources (**); Direction Sense (*); Holistic Awareness (***); Fetish (Spirit Wings) (*)

Werewolf Traits:
Auspice: Irraka; Auspice Power: Pathfinder's Sense
Tribe: Iron Masters
Renown: Cunning 2; Wisdom 1
Gifts:
New Moon 1: Sense Weakness
Cost: None
Pool: Intelligence+Empathy+Wisdom
Effect: (Success) Werewolf learns a weakness: Vice, Derangement or Flaw

Technology 1: Left-handed Spanner
Cost: 1 WP
Pool: Wits+Craft+Purity
Effect: Disable device for a number of turns equal to successes.

Stealth 2: Blending
Cost: None
Pool: Wits+Stealth+Cunning vs. Wits+Composure
Action: Instant or contested
Effect: Hide in plain sight

Health |
Willpower: OOOO
Primal Urge: 1; Harmony: 7 Derangements: None
{table=head]|Hishu|Dalu|Gauru|Urshul|Urhan
Strength|1|2|5|3|1
Dexterity|3|3|4|5|5
Stamina|2|3|4|4|3
Manipulation|3|2|0*|1|1
Brawl|?|?|?|?|?
Bite/Claw|-/-|-/-|?/?|?/?|?/-
|||||
Size|5|6|7|6|4
Defense|3|3|4|5|5
Initiative|+5|+6|+6|+7|+8
Speed|9|10|13|16|15
Armor|0/0|0/0|1/1|0/0|0/0
Perception|5|7|8|8|9[/table]

First Change
She hesitated and looked around. A warm breeze of wind brushed past her. The rusting leaves and low creaking of the worn cemetery gate surrounded her, as if intending to drown out all other sound in the world.

It’s only a rusty old gate. What are you afraid of?

She continued cautiously along the sideway keeping her eyes fixed across the street. A glance through the bars of the gate revealed nothing but the regimented rows of tombstones.

Empty. Of course, what else did she expect at this hour?

Still, she couldn't say why, but the cemetery looked strangely inviting. Something had taken hold of her-a strange rope tugging at her heart-urging her to go have a closer look. She turned her head towards both ends of the deserted road before crossing over. A small bead of sweat trailed down her neck as she grabbed one of the bars.

When did it get so hot? She wondered as she pushed open the gate. Despite its loud, screeching protests it opened with surprising ease. The soft clicking of her shoes punctuated her steps as she moved past the entrance. The bright white of her cellphone’s flashlight danced past the graves, giving her the light the moon denied her right now. Her flashlight moved along the path, tombstones lining it like stern custodians. She could make out a dark shape lying at an intersection ahead.

The tugging grew stronger. Carefully, she continued her approach. The wind returned, caressing her sweat-covered face in a disturbing fashion. It felt like something or someone running its fingers over her skin. She glanced around again. Everything seemed taller. The few crooked trees in the cemetery seemed almost as if they were trying to bend over and reach for her. And then it happened.

Blink.

She was still in the cemetery. But at the same time she wasn't. Something shimmered through the gravestones. Was that grass? Long, translucent strands of grass were surrounding her, coming forth from path and the gravestones as if they weren't there. Slowly, she reached out and tried to grab a strand with her hand. Nothing Her hand just brushed through it.

Blink.

She stared. The grass was gone. The tugging was still here though pulling her closer towards the intersection.

Blink.

The grass returned. The same eerie grey strands as before, waving in the warm wind that still circled around her. She brushed some stray hairs out of her face and resumed her pace.

Blink.

At the intersection, her flashlight revealed the dark shape: a wolf cub. A sad little heap of grey fur with black splotches. She slowly reached out to it, eliciting a faint growl coming from the small creature. She hesitated, grabbed hold of her hand and had another look around.

Blink.

The grass returned. But this time, she could see tiny pairs of red beads hiding between the still waving grey blades. The cub started to growl at her feet as the beads drew slowly closer. The rope around her heart felt more like a noose. A noose that burned with searing heat.

This isn't happening, she thought as the sweltering hot wind parted the seas of ghostly grass surrounding her. Are those…rats? No, they can’t be. Rats don’t have glowing red eyes. Rats aren't made of shadow. She felt her legs abandon her and collapsed onto her knees. This isn't happening…this isn't real, she murmured to herself. Underneath the dark disk of the New Moon a circle of shadows with blazing red eyes surrounded her, snarling with unnaturally sharp voices. One word kept echoing through her head: Hide…hide…hide… Tears of panic started to well up in her eyes when she felt something wet touching her hand. The little cub had crawled over to her and started licking her fingers. Hide…hide…hide…She couldn't…no place to run…she had to protect the cub…Hide!

The cold fear coursing through her body threatened to extinguish whatever fire she still had left in her heart. Hide…hide…hide…No! The fire spread out from her heart and through her veins, driving back the terror that threatened to overwhelm her. No. Hide no longer! She pulled herself up, muscles twitching, sweat dripping down her body. Anger at those who would hurt others overwhelmed her. She looked down at her claws, flexing them with newfound strength. Claws? Had she always had those? But they felt so right. The untempered fury coursing through her body drowned out those questions. She threw back her head and let out a bloodcurdling roar as the circle of shadows closed in on her and the cub.

No more hiding!


I don't think Stamina 1 would be all that bad. Easy to upgrade if it is a problem, too.


Excellent!

*puts fingertips together like mr. Burns*

steeples! That is called steepling your fingers. I remembered that a few days ago and now I can't seem to get over how weird that word feels in my mouth.

Steeple. Steeple. steeple.

Socratov
2012-12-07, 08:25 AM
good to know.

*steeples*

anyway, I guess we are waiting on her tiara wearing storyteller to tell us what happens while people arrive/move towards ungin...

Absol197
2012-12-07, 11:02 AM
I've updated, and Martin is on his way!

I was kinda hoping for something from Helio, but I guess I didn't leave her enough to work off of.

Either way, Martin will show up pretty soon, so that will allow for some more interaction.

Also, Helio, the one character you mentioned is there, allowing you to do that other thing you wanted to do, just so you know :smallwink::smallwink:


~Phoenix~

Socratov
2012-12-07, 01:28 PM
My humblest apologies if I have rushed you, but I tend to work well with little :smallwink:

Anyway, as mentioned in the spoiler i had found some stuff. Spoiler is to keep the reference valid. If I'm out of PT I'll dig up the ungin protocol file I found. It is quite good from a party best described as 2.5th party (not quite white wolf, not quite 3rd) who expanded the fluff as part of the first users/showcase users tied in some manner to whitewolf.

Anyway, it feels good to be all well and rolling :smallamused:

Heliomance
2012-12-07, 08:20 PM
Mrr, this always happens. I have no idea what to do until things start happening >_>

Also I really need to go over my sheet and finalise everything, make any last minute changes. But not tonight.

SiuiS
2012-12-07, 11:31 PM
Okay. So what is the rule set for using a creature as an improvised weapon?

Strength six Kamauru (see what I did there?) is at the "lift a refrigerator" bracket.

An improvised weapon gets a damage rating of it's durability or size, whichever is lower. A near-wolf anshega is size six, but durability could be anything from 1 (tissue is about as strong as a good tensile plastic, if you count only hardness), to 8 (stamina+strength).

Car crashes deal damage based on size plus speed, instead, and a near-wolf anshega is approximately the size of a motorcycle. Well, a big motorcycle...

How would I hit an anshega with another anshega? I can lift him, but maybe I can't swing him at all. Hmm.

Goals in order of priority, I suppose;
Slam grabbed enemy into other enemy
Slam grabbed enemy onto broken spiky bits of building
Overpower and bite

Which is the highest on that list I can pull off?

Socratov
2012-12-08, 05:41 AM
While I haven't found the pdf in question, I have at least found this:

Camarilla Wikilink (http://www.camarilla.org.au/wiki/index.php?title=Ungin)

the PDF was more of a story from the same source but this will do :smallwink:

Absol197
2012-12-08, 07:33 PM
Okay. So what is the rule set for using a creature as an improvised weapon?

Strength six Kamauru (see what I did there?) is at the "lift a refrigerator" bracket.

An improvised weapon gets a damage rating of it's durability or size, whichever is lower. A near-wolf anshega is size six, but durability could be anything from 1 (tissue is about as strong as a good tensile plastic, if you count only hardness), to 8 (stamina+strength).

Car crashes deal damage based on size plus speed, instead, and a near-wolf anshega is approximately the size of a motorcycle. Well, a big motorcycle...

How would I hit an anshega with another anshega? I can lift him, but maybe I can't swing him at all. Hmm.

Goals in order of priority, I suppose;
Slam grabbed enemy into other enemy
Slam grabbed enemy onto broken spiky bits of building
Overpower and bite

Which is the highest on that list I can pull off?

Hmm...Make a Strength + Athletics check with a...-3 penalty to wield him as a weapon. If you succeed, you can make an attack with him. He'll have Durability 2, but both he'll take half of the damage that you inflict of the person you hit with him.

If you fail the check, you can make an overpower attempt to spear him up against the broken parts of the building. I'll figure out the damage on that later, if it's necessary.

And of course, you can always do the third thing :smallwink: .

And Socratov, thanks for that link! I'll give it a look-see!


~Tiara-wearing ST~

SiuiS
2012-12-09, 12:46 AM
Man. This is awesome, prequel wise.
Kamau is going to end up; utterly drained of essence, scarred in the best, most thematic way possible, needing to learn how to deal with being a werewolf, and needing to lean how to deal with savagery when everyone is ten feet tall and could throw cars at each other.

That reflexive action thing is possibly the most beneficial rule ever; what was originally "you enter death rage, have a -2 wound penalty and will run away if they don't kill you first" somehow became "you're a frenzying death machine who should be dead, I don't know how you're alive since most of the blood down there is yours". And while their pack leader will most certainly put me through my paces and ROFLstomp my ghetto flank, this has been an awesome and empowering fight. Up until a human shows up to see what the ruckus is, of course.

:biggrin:

I am wolf warrior! Hear me howl!
http://ro-db.com/images/monstres/monstres_b/1135.gif
Aroo~

Absol197
2012-12-10, 12:52 PM
Well, Kamou really got himself into a pickle. Let's see how he gets out of it.

No one knows the Rite of Healing, right? This is going to be a painful start for him, although it might teach him that he can't do everything on his own, and he needs a pack to help him...


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

gunnar11
2012-12-10, 04:15 PM
On that note:
How far are the others coming along in their stories?
Getting impatient :smalltongue:

And don't you dare rage our group to pieces, Kamau!

SiuiS
2012-12-10, 06:51 PM
... You dropped a house on me! XD

Oh man, now I need to explain to the paramedics what a naked black kid is doing. Underneath a collapsed house and how I'm alive despite all that blood...

What's the sitrep? Have I survived only by downing all remaining essence or am I high enough on aggravated that it doesn't matter?


And don't worry Gunnar. It's possible – hard, but possible – to focus and control yourself though death rage. Although depending on specific rulings, I may indeed go in for the Berserk style addendum.

Two questions, ST; how do you handle harmony/etc.? If someone kills someone, let's someone die, and commits a huge sun all in the same scene is that three rolls or one bad roll at the worst sin-level?
Also, Kamau is going to think he killed that anshega. Is that worth a Harmony check, or only if there's surety of the kill?

Absol197
2012-12-10, 08:15 PM
... You dropped a house on me! XD

You dropped it on yourself :smallwink: !


Oh man, now I need to explain to the paramedics what a naked black kid is doing. Underneath a collapsed house and how I'm alive despite all that blood...

What's the sitrep? Have I survived only by downing all remaining essence or am I high enough on aggravated that it doesn't matter?

Right now you've just healed your first point of lethal, although you're at four aggravated (an argument could be made for three).


And don't worry Gunnar. It's possible – hard, but possible – to focus and control yourself though death rage. Although depending on specific rulings, I may indeed go in for the Berserk style addendum.

Two questions, ST; how do you handle harmony/etc.? If someone kills someone, let's someone die, and commits a huge sun all in the same scene is that three rolls or one bad roll at the worst sin-level?
Also, Kamau is going to think he killed that anshega. Is that worth a Harmony check, or only if there's surety of the kill?

It's a separate roll for each sin. And Harmony is not only what you believe about yourself, there's also a healthy spiritual component, which means even if you don't know what actually happened, you're still affected. If he hadn't died, Kamou might feel bad, but his actual Harmony might not be affected (you either wouldn't need to roll, or you'd gain a +1 or +2 bonus). So, yes, actually, you need to roll a degeneration roll :smalltongue: . However, that was in combat, so it's not as bad as it could be.


~Tiara-wearing ST

SiuiS
2012-12-10, 09:53 PM
You dropped it on yourself :smallwink: !



Right now you've just healed your first point of lethal, although you're at four aggravated (an argument could be made for three).



It's a separate roll for each sin. And Harmony is not only what you believe about yourself, there's also a healthy spiritual component, which means even if you don't know what actually happened, you're still affected. If he hadn't died, Kamou might feel bad, but his actual Harmony might not be affected (you either wouldn't need to roll, or you'd gain a +1 or +2 bonus). So, yes, actually, you need to roll a degeneration roll :smalltongue: . However, that was in combat, so it's not as bad as it could be.


~Tiara-wearing ST

Nuts. I was actually angling to eat whatever I bit off so Kamau would have some essence left, but if it's an additional son I'll just stay knocked out and wakin up on a gurney. :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2012-12-11, 08:22 AM
On that note:
How far are the others coming along in their stories?
Getting impatient :smalltongue:

Rose is currently about to get to the point where explanations will be given, so not very far, unfortunately. Great fun to RP, but probably no fun to wait for. ^_^'

Luckily, we have a mysterious cat that may be able to help. Not sure how, but cats always help! :3


Nuts. I was actually angling to eat whatever I bit off so Kamau would have some essence left, but if it's an additional son I'll just stay knocked out and wakin up on a gurney. :smallbiggrin:

No cannibalism in the prequels! Save that for the main story, otherwise you get a tummy-ache! :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Though, honestly speaking, eating people seems to be a pretty big deal for Uratha. Kamau might not even get to join the pack if you do that! Dropping houses on yourself is fine, though. Keep on that! ^_^

Absol197
2012-12-11, 08:33 AM
Nuts. I was actually angling to eat whatever I bit off so Kamau would have some essence left, but if it's an additional son I'll just stay knocked out and wakin up on a gurney. :smallbiggrin:

You actually haven't spent any additional essence (unless you spend more escaping from the hospital), and you can always drink some more from a locus in between your prologue and the start of the game. You can have as much Essence as your Harmony at the start! (mwahahaha!! >:) )


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

SiuiS
2012-12-11, 10:08 AM
Rose is currently about to get to the point where explanations will be given, so not very far, unfortunately. Great fun to RP, but probably no fun to wait for. ^_^'

Luckily, we have a mysterious cat that may be able to help. Not sure how, but cats always help! :3

Aye. Depending on how long hospital escapes take for naked critically wounded ethnic minorities, I may be rip-roaring and ready to go soon too!



No cannibalism in the prequels! Save that for the main story, otherwise you get a tummy-ache! :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Though, honestly speaking, eating people seems to be a pretty big deal for Uratha. Kamau might not even get to join the pack if you do that! Dropping houses on yourself is fine, though. Keep on that! ^_^

Oh sure, terminal wounds are fine. Just don't have corpse breath! ;P
It's actually a plot point that's brought up in the core book once, and then dropped like the designers thought it was a bad idea. Humans and wolves taste delicious. Except you're never gonna taste someone, right?

... Unless you're a wolf. And you bite them. The subtle taste of essence ringing the blood with a flavor of its resonance, delicious, fulfilling, satisfying in ways no mortal food or drink could be. It's enough to make one a vampire! Oh, but the meat, the meat is good too...

It's actually kinda a bland concept though. Nopony wants to be worried about whether they should bite someone and risk addiction or suffer a penalty in a fight. But! Kamau seems to reflexively (ha!) keep himself at full capacity health-wise in his warform, and just like its reflexive to bite and rage, it's reflexive to hunt, and that includes gathering ulal.



Speaking of, Kamau is now Harmony 6, no derangement.


You actually haven't spent any additional essence (unless you spend more escaping from the hospital), and you can always drink some more from a locus in between your prologue and the start of the game. You can have as much Essence as your Harmony at the start! (mwahahaha!! >:) )


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

neat! Doesn't do anything for the four aggro I'm packing, but it means I might survive my rite of passage!

I'll respond later today. I'm coming off a graveyard shift, and I'm not too lucid. But I'll be quick! Of you wanna hustle though, luv, you could consider setting up like, Skype sessions with dice in the dice roller thread, and edit the logs for pasting into the prologue posts.

Absol197
2012-12-13, 12:40 PM
Okay, the IC thread has updated! Poor Socratov - he keeps trying to use his Call the Breeze gift, but it just won't work!

Also, it's a lot of fun naming the various packs and coming up with their histories. I really hope you guys can delve into the background of the Lost Ones and the pack that found Rose (Falling Ash's pack; yet to be named). They're awesome :smallbiggrin: !


~Tiara-wearing ST~

Socratov
2012-12-13, 12:58 PM
jsut you guys wait until I have access to it. I'm gonna use the **** out of it. :smallcool:

No seriously, at will control winds? You have n idea what you can do with it... :smallbiggrin:

Absol197
2012-12-13, 01:08 PM
I just love it when NPC actions can so seamlessly match what the GM/ST wants. That is exactly what Bowie would say and do (and that even matches with Martin's earlier statement about having one question left before he gets hit again), and it allows inter-character interactions :smallbiggrin: ! It's perfect!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Socratov
2012-12-13, 01:28 PM
and here I thought I was scotfree for dodging the last one, Ofcourse it doesn't count when the punch doesn't connect :smallyuk:

Seriously, I'd better gain some striking good looking scars from this (or lose the merit in favor of somethign else very nice :smallsigh:)

gunnar11
2012-12-13, 06:34 PM
I actually spurted milk out my nose reading that. It took me 30 min to clean my laptop.


I already like bowie xD

Socratov
2012-12-14, 02:44 AM
well, here's a tip: don't ask questions :smallyuk: (unless you like having scars in the face)

SiuiS
2012-12-14, 04:29 AM
I'm a dummy.


Phee, Wits+empathy to figure out why everyone is in a hustle, along with opening eyes to slits so I can look around covertly alright?

Posted this in the wrong thread, have been waiting since :smallsigh:
Sorry :smallredface:


EDIT: socratov, your inner wolf has got to flare up eventually. Next time you ask a question, go full defense and burn a willpower point. Defense 3 is better than defense 1, an if you're awake you can clock him - his all out attack means he's open after swinging. He might respect you more if you dodge and give him a shiner.

Mina Kobold
2012-12-14, 05:52 AM
jsut you guys wait until I have access to it. I'm gonna use the **** out of it. :smallcool:

No seriously, at will control winds? You have n idea what you can do with it... :smallbiggrin:

Rose would like to point out that skirts are highly impractical when running or shapechanging, and thus unlikely at the Ungin.

Rose would also point out that we have yet to see what Ruin does to Uratha kidneys, but that is most definitively unrelated.
>_>
<_<


and here I thought I was scotfree for dodging the last one, Ofcourse it doesn't count when the punch doesn't connect :smallyuk:

Seriously, I'd better gain some striking good looking scars from this (or lose the merit in favor of somethign else very nice :smallsigh:)

Don't most wounds heal up perfectly for Uratha? Or do damage from fellow children of Luna count among the exceptions? :3

Socratov
2012-12-14, 05:59 AM
I'm a dummy.



Posted this in the wrong thread, have been waiting since :smallsigh:
Sorry :smallredface:


EDIT: socratov, your inner wolf has got to flare up eventually. Next time you ask a question, go full defense and burn a willpower point. Defense 3 is better than defense 1, an if you're awake you can clock him - his all out attack means he's open after swinging. He might respect you more if you dodge and give him a shiner.

tried that once, got 4 lethal in return, while he was in hishu... (in 1 swipe, come on, he's acombat specialist alpha of a blood talon pack... go figure)


Rose would like to point out that skirts are highly impractical when running or shapechanging, and thus unlikely at the Ungin.

Rose would also point out that we have yet to see what Ruin does to Uratha kidneys, but that is most definitively unrelated.
>_>
<_<

that was not quite what I was meaning, but you have given me some ideas :smallamused:


Don't most wounds heal up perfectly for Uratha? Or do damage from fellow children of Luna count among the exceptions? :3

well, yeah bashing at least, though lethal has happened and constant abuse is a factor. I hope My merit will ensure I have scars of awesomegiving me some kind of viggo mortensen vibe (he plays Aragorn in LotR)

SiuiS
2012-12-14, 06:22 AM
Don't most wounds heal up perfectly for Uratha? Or do damage from fellow children of Luna count among the exceptions? :3

"RAW", meaning it depends on what the storyteller says, it's possible for damage to e severe enough that regeneration causes problems. Uratha regeration is like time lapse healing; normal but sped up. So scar tissue still forms, sometimes even keloid scars. Bones can set at angles before they get set. Having myofascial adhesions and crooked bones from regen is a werewolf specific flaw.

You can also use force of will to slow down your regen temporary to prevent this, get a merit that lets you turn it off or on, and aggravated damage may heal slow enough that you later need the bones and ligaments reset, possibly surgically.


As our ST has regen set that it even undoes surgery though, I don't think that quite sticks in this game.

Socratov
2012-12-14, 06:25 AM
"RAW", meaning it depends on what the storyteller says, it's possible for damage to e severe enough that regeneration causes problems. Uratha regeration is like time lapse healing; normal but sped up. So scar tissue still forms, sometimes even keloid scars. Bones can set at angles before they get set. Having myofascial adhesions and crooked bones from regen is a werewolf specific flaw.

You can also use force of will to slow down your regen temporary to prevent this, get a merit that lets you turn it off or on, and aggravated damage may heal slow enough that you later need the bones and ligaments reset, possibly surgically.


As our ST has regen set that it even undoes surgery though, I don't think that quite sticks in this game.

hence my reflexive action: set jaw. I wanna stay pretty :smallbiggrin:

Absol197
2012-12-14, 08:52 AM
I actually spurted milk out my nose reading that. It took me 30 min to clean my laptop.


I already like bowie xD

Well, you are a Blood Talon :smallsmile: . Martin has been dealing with this since about the last ungin, so a little over two weeks. Bowie (and his Omega, Daggertooth) are really impatient, and hate lots of questions. This might have something to do with how his pack lost two members in one night. Maybe he's overcompensating on Martin? The world may never know...:smallwink:

Gale (thinking that you'll be going with the Red Daggers) has actually been wondering how well you'll fare, considering how many questions Byorn asks, and how well Bowie responds to them :smalltongue: .


well, here's a tip: don't ask questions :smallyuk: (unless you like having scars in the face)

It all depends on the pack that found you. Jaci, for instance, is having no trouble of that sort; Rave encourages her to ask questions. Martin would have faired much better with the Wardens than the Daggers, but that's just the luck of the Uratha.

Of course, if Jaci had been found by the Daggers, there's no way she would be happy about becoming Uratha. Bowie is not a scientist. At all.


I'm a dummy.



Posted this in the wrong thread, have been waiting since :smallsigh:
Sorry :smallredface:

You probably don't even need to roll. Just opening your eyes a fraction will tell you anything you need to know. Of course, once they see you're awake, they'll start asking questions, but...


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

EDIT: :smallannoyed: You did that on purpose, didn't you Socratov. Going to talk to the one pack that didn't have another player in it. (:smalltongue:)

Mina Kobold
2012-12-14, 09:01 AM
well, yeah bashing at least, though lethal has happened and constant abuse is a factor. I hope My merit will ensure I have scars of awesomegiving me some kind of viggo mortensen vibe (he plays Aragorn in LotR)

Quite familiar with Viggo Mortensen, though I did not notice any particular scars last I checked.


"RAW", meaning it depends on what the storyteller says, it's possible for damage to e severe enough that regeneration causes problems. Uratha regeration is like time lapse healing; normal but sped up. So scar tissue still forms, sometimes even keloid scars. Bones can set at angles before they get set. Having myofascial adhesions and crooked bones from regen is a werewolf specific flaw.

You can also use force of will to slow down your regen temporary to prevent this, get a merit that lets you turn it off or on, and aggravated damage may heal slow enough that you later need the bones and ligaments reset, possibly surgically.


As our ST has regen set that it even undoes surgery though, I don't think that quite sticks in this game.

Ah, that makes sense. Sounds creepily like what I hear about certain beings from Bioshock, but makes sense. :smallsmile:

If it undoes surgery, then would that not mean it would reset tissue as well? Similarly to the supernatural regeneration some vampires have, which returns them to the status quo? :3

Socratov
2012-12-14, 09:06 AM
Well, you are a Blood Talon :smallsmile: . Martin has been dealing with this since about the last ungin, so a little over two weeks. Bowie (and his Omega, Daggertooth) are really impatient, and hate lots of questions. This might have something to do with how his pack lost two members in one night. Maybe he's overcompensating on Martin? The world may never know...:smallwink:

Gale (thinking that you'll be going with the Red Daggers) has actually been wondering how well you'll fare, considering how many questions Byorn asks, and how well Bowie responds to them :smalltongue: .



It all depends on the pack that found you. Jaci, for instance, is having no trouble of that sort; Rave encourages her to ask questions. Martin would have faired much better with the Wardens than the Daggers, but that's just the luck of the Uratha.

Of course, if Jaci had been found by the Daggers, there's no way she would be happy about becoming Uratha. Bowie is not a scientist. At all.



You probably don't even need to roll. Just opening your eyes a fraction will tell you anything you need to know. Of course, once they see you're awake, they'll start asking questions, but...


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

EDIT: :smallannoyed: You did that on purpose, didn't you Socratov. Going to talk to the one pack that didn't have another player in it. (:smalltongue:)
ofcourse I did. It was only logical since they are the closest. I'll be working my way through if I can help it and going from closest to closest seems to be most efficient :smallbiggrin: (Edit: I did it because I like you and want to enable you to tell your story (even the little details which often make a story well worth telling and hearing))

Quite familiar with Viggo Mortensen, though I did not notice any particular scars last I checked.

Well, he has a few in his role of aragorn (and quite a few others), just to make him look rugged and awesome so the ladies will swoon over him... :smallwink:

Mina Kobold
2012-12-14, 05:14 PM
Okay, the IC thread has updated! Poor Socratov - he keeps trying to use his Call the Breeze gift, but it just won't work!

Also, it's a lot of fun naming the various packs and coming up with their histories. I really hope you guys can delve into the background of the Lost Ones and the pack that found Rose (Falling Ash's pack; yet to be named). They're awesome :smallbiggrin: !


~Tiara-wearing ST~

Old quote, but I actually am really curious about Falling Ash's pack, they seem quite deliciously mysterious. ^_^

Could we perhaps get a description of them? So fair I get that all of them wear dusters or similar coats, Falling Ash has straight hair, scars and green eyes, and they hide weaponry. Great information, but I am pondering whether to draw more pictures for the game, and it struck me that I have no idea what they generally look like. D:

Heliomance
2012-12-14, 07:04 PM
Well, Kamou really got himself into a pickle. Let's see how he gets out of it.

No one knows the Rite of Healing, right? This is going to be a painful start for him, although it might teach him that he can't do everything on his own, and he needs a pack to help him...


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

It's a three-dot rite, it's not possible to start with it.

Mrr. There is a vicious cycle that goes not sure what to post -> don't post for a while -> feel guilty about not posting -> avoid guilt by avoiding thread -> don't post for a while more -> repeat. I have fallen into it. Halp?

Absol197
2012-12-14, 07:20 PM
Well, there's a certain NPC you asked my to include and who you wanted to control for this scene wandering towards you. You could do something with him.

Otherwise, consider something simple, like asking Rave a question, or responding to what's going on with Martin (Jaci definitely heard that, and she could likely see it, too, at least in general).

You don't have to post anything big or exceptional every time. Just a small, one-line thing gets you involved and gets things moving.


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

SiuiS
2012-12-14, 10:32 PM
If it undoes surgery, then would that not mean it would reset tissue as well? Similarly to the supernatural regeneration some vampires have, which returns them to the status quo? :3

Couldn't tell you. It's not my subsystem ;D
As it stands, regrowing a limb requires essence and a dot of willpower. But the tissue reformation is more supernatural when essence is invoked. Uratha are partially made of ephemera, which is tissue but sculptable.


It's a three-dot rite, it's not possible to start with it.

Mrr. There is a vicious cycle that goes not sure what to post -> don't post for a while -> feel guilty about not posting -> avoid guilt by avoiding thread -> don't post for a while more -> repeat. I have fallen into it. Halp?

*hugs*

I personally try smaller posts, but it can be hard when you know there's a wait. I'm sorry :(

Socratov
2012-12-15, 05:13 AM
Well, there's a certain NPC you asked my to include and who you wanted to control for this scene wandering towards you. You could do something with him.

Otherwise, consider something simple, like asking Rave a question, or responding to what's going on with Martin (Jaci definitely heard that, and she could likely see it, too, at least in general).

You don't have to post anything big or exceptional every time. Just a small, one-line thing gets you involved and gets things moving.


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Indeed, that was a very loud crack...

SiuiS
2012-12-15, 10:19 AM
Okay, Phee. Even with potential wound penalties Kamau was able to get an idea of his surroundings without tipping off the folks around him. I'm guessing he's on a gurney, paramedics are around, which means fire services and police as well...

Is he being wheeled to, or already in, an ambulance? Forgot about the bindings, may need to voge up to get out, risk lunacy. It depends on whether I'd be jumping out of a movin vehicle or not :smalltongue:

Kamau is going to try and recover the body of the anshega wolf one way or another. If he's on site, it's jump up and grab the corpse. If he's in an ambulance, then... I don't know. Then it's possible the body is in the same bus on the way to the hospital morgue for identification DNA or Dental depending on if they found the head :smallredface:. If not I guess he would show up at the hospital and find the corpse there.

Absol197
2012-12-17, 08:23 AM
Okay, Phee. Even with potential wound penalties Kamau was able to get an idea of his surroundings without tipping off the folks around him. I'm guessing he's on a gurney, paramedics are around, which means fire services and police as well...

Is he being wheeled to, or already in, an ambulance? Forgot about the bindings, may need to voge up to get out, risk lunacy. It depends on whether I'd be jumping out of a movin vehicle or not :smalltongue:

Kamau is going to try and recover the body of the anshega wolf one way or another. If he's on site, it's jump up and grab the corpse. If he's in an ambulance, then... I don't know. Then it's possible the body is in the same bus on the way to the hospital morgue for identification DNA or Dental depending on if they found the head :smallredface:. If not I guess he would show up at the hospital and find the corpse there.

It looks like you're already out of the ambulance, heading towards a hospital. There are nurses, EMTs, and all that sort of thing around. You've got at least one IV going into you that you can see, and the strapped down thing is mostly just your head, to keep it from shifting too much.


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

SiuiS
2012-12-17, 10:30 AM
Drat! Curse those rapid response emergency medical technicians and their responding admirably and with concern for my human well being! Don't they know I am actually a werewolf and they are foiling my PC-ness by implying I'm a person and not a graverobbing murder hobo?

Okay. Um. Hmm. This would work better if it weren't for the blurb in the book that says loci almost never form in or around hospitals. So I'll need a different escape and may end up freaking out dozens of humans.

Absol197
2012-12-17, 11:37 AM
Drat! Curse those rapid response emergency medical technicians and their responding admirably and with concern for my human well being! Don't they know I am actually a werewolf and they are foiling my PC-ness by implying I'm a person and not a graverobbing murder hobo?

Okay. Um. Hmm. This would work better if it weren't for the blurb in the book that says loci almost never form in or around hospitals. So I'll need a different escape and may end up freaking out dozens of humans.

Well, people had called the police while you were still fighting, so of course they got there quickly!

And even if a locus did form in a hospital, would you really want to go to the Shadow there? I'd think that would be only a marginal step better than a locus in a prison...


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Heliomance
2012-12-17, 06:02 PM
Just thought I'd mention - DRC Act II is complete!

Right. Time to face up to this and actually try and make a useful post.

EDIT: Success!

Socratov
2012-12-18, 03:39 AM
I'm curious what the response is to my hello to the lost ones...

Mina Kobold
2012-12-18, 08:14 AM
I'm curious what the response is to my hello to the lost ones...

I read that as "Hello to the Old Ones" and began wondering if we had a follower of R'lyeh's inhabitants among our primarily Lunaian pack. ^_^'

I presume or lovely Tiara-wearing Story Teller is simply busy or preoccupied, but maybe we can lure her here...

*Kobo-Glomps Phee*

X3

Socratov
2012-12-18, 08:39 AM
I read that as "Hello to the Old Ones" and began wondering if we had a follower of R'lyeh's inhabitants among our primarily Lunaian pack. ^_^'
*chuckles

I presume or lovely Tiara-wearing Story Teller is simply busy or preoccupied, but maybe we can lure her here...

*Kobo-Glomps Phee*

X3

*lays out bait for our Tiara wearing ST*

they are tiny diamons, rubies and sapphires which would fit perfectly in her silver tiara :smallamused:

Absol197
2012-12-18, 08:51 AM
*chuckles

*lays out bait for our Tiara wearing ST*

they are tiny diamons, rubies and sapphires which would fit perfectly in her silver tiara :smallamused:

Oooh, shiny!


I read that as "Hello to the Old Ones" and began wondering if we had a follower of R'lyeh's inhabitants among our primarily Lunaian pack. ^_^'

I presume or lovely Tiara-wearing Story Teller is simply busy or preoccupied, but maybe we can lure her here...

*Kobo-Glomps Phee*

X3

Argh, no! I've been trapped! :smallredface: Okay, I guess I didn't fight that hard...

I will try to update everybody today. So first, to the IC Thread!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Socratov
2012-12-18, 09:01 AM
*highfives Keveak*

A job well done, i see we make the best hunters here :smallcool:

Mina Kobold
2012-12-18, 11:00 AM
Oooh, shiny!



Argh, no! I've been trapped! :smallredface: Okay, I guess I didn't fight that hard...

I will try to update everybody today. So first, to the IC Thread!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Heeheehee! ^_^

*Keeps hugging*


*highfives Keveak*

A job well done, i see we make the best hunters here :smallcool:

*sprouts fifth arm to high-five back*

Indeed, a shame Rose probably is a terrible hunter, what with having next to no experience with stalking people. Sneaking out at night to view Paris at night, however... :3

On a silly note: The Lost Ones made me think two things.

i) That Rose now is not the youngest person around (Being 17 seems ancient when a 14 year-old is already integrated. ^_^').

ii) Are the Lost Ones named so because they are from different non-USA nations? Their rather culturally-specific dress indicate that they at least identify as such. :smallsmile:

Rose could almost fit in with them! Except that France has no particular traditional clothing... Luna curse you, Julius Caesar! :smallmad::smalltongue:

So unless Rose somehow reunites with mysterious parents and becomes immersed in their culture, I guess I have to stick with you guys. Yay! ^_^

SiuiS
2012-12-18, 11:20 AM
*sprouts fifth arm to high-five back*


... Where did 3 and 4 come from?! :smalleek:
... I'm next in the hug line! Quintibold hugs!



Rose could almost fit in with them! Except that France has no particular traditional clothing... Luna curse you, Julius Caesar! :smallmad::smalltongue:

So unless Rose somehow reunites with mysterious parents and becomes immersed in their culture, I guess I have to stick with you guys. Yay! ^_^

You could wear a slanted beret and a blak turtleneck! And smokeB that's how French people are right? /Stereotypes

And yay!

I need to steal a body from a hospital and dissapear, return it to a pack I my enemies, and leave before another fight breaks out then I'll be able to join Ungin! Wish me luck!

Absol197
2012-12-18, 11:39 AM
On a silly note: The Lost Ones made me think two things.

i) That Rose now is not the youngest person around (Being 17 seems ancient when a 14 year-old is already integrated. ^_^').

It's true! Some people Change really young...


ii) Are the Lost Ones named so because they are from different non-USA nations? Their rather culturally-specific dress indicate that they at least identify as such. :smallsmile:

That's part of why they name themselves that; each of them is technically an illegal alien, because they Changed when they were here, and got embroiled into pack/Uratha society and so now they can't leave to go home. But that's not the entire reason.


I need to steal a body from a hospital and dissapear, return it to a pack I my enemies, and leave before another fight breaks out then I'll be able to join Ungin! Wish me luck!

Good luck :smallsmile: ! >:-) You're gonna need it!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Socratov
2012-12-19, 02:18 AM
... Where did 3 and 4 come from?! :smalleek:
... I'm next in the hug line! Quintibold hugs!



You could wear a slanted beret and a blak turtleneck! And smokeB that's how French people are right? /Stereotypes

And yay!

I need to steal a body from a hospital and dissapear, return it to a pack I my enemies, and leave before another fight breaks out then I'll be able to join Ungin! Wish me luck!
good hunting my friend...



Rose could almost fit in with them! Except that France has no particular traditional clothing... Luna curse you, Julius Caesar! :smallmad::smalltongue:

So unless Rose somehow reunites with mysterious parents and becomes immersed in their culture, I guess I have to stick with you guys. Yay! ^_^

You could be obsessed with fashion with Paris being one of the capitals of fashion and all that... Oh, and maybe you could be into french cooking, it might just be funny with pack dynamics and all that :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2012-12-19, 04:12 AM
... Where did 3 and 4 come from?! :smalleek:
... I'm next in the hug line! Quintibold hugs!

*Quinti-Glombs*

Well, we are playing the World of Darkness, so probably not radiation. Perhaps I somehow stumbled upon a cephalopod spirit that felt friendly? :3



You could wear a slanted beret and a blak turtleneck! And smokeB that's how French people are right? /Stereotypes

Never seen any French people wear that, actually. Been to France five or six times, and I still associate berets with Jamie Hyneman. ^_^'

Lot of smokers in Paris, compared to Copenhagen, but no, Rose does not smoke. Nor wear berets, for that matter. They are hugely impractical for adventuring and post-Change Stress Disorder*. :3

*Not making light of PTSD, that is a serious psychological condition. Eep. ._.


It's true! Some people Change really young..

Hope it went a lot easier than some changes. It's one thing to be in danger and thrown into a magical, terrifyingly dangerous place as a(n emotionally) capable adult, a quite different thing to be thrown into it as a child or similarly unprepared/incapable of handling it at the time being person. ._.

... Of course, I am the one who is playing exactly that situation, so I maaaay be hypocritical here. ^_^'


That's part of why they name themselves that; each of them is technically an illegal alien, because they Changed when they were here, and got embroiled into pack/Uratha society and so now they can't leave to go home. But that's not the entire reason.

~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Uratha cannot change territories or take trips elsewhere? Aww, that is no fun at all. u_u

Makes me wonder what they would do if something really bad was going on and they needed either a lot of uratha (e.g. during the sacking of Rome) or need to investigate beyond their local area (e.g. any time before libraries became really common.).


You could be obsessed with fashion with Paris being one of the capitals of fashion and all that... Oh, and maybe you could be into french cooking, it might just be funny with pack dynamics and all that :smallbiggrin:

That would require me to write a character who has any idea what the fashion is in Paris, which is sadly not one of my interests. Also unlikely, as Rose just moved from the outskirts of Paris to a quite apparent not-fashion city across the pond. Most fashion-enthusiasts do the reverse. ^_^'

Besides, high fashion is neither practical for DDR (Which Rose apparently is good enough at to beat Alyse), for brooding or for Werewolf shenanigans. seriously, Socratov, have your priorities straight. Dancing first, then brooding and then style. :smalltongue:

What is weird about French cuisine? Other than the snails and oysters, which I find personally squicky, it mostly looks like any other European restaurant food. Unique, for sure, but hardly strange... Wait, IS all American food McDonald's? :smalleek: Kidding! Sorry! m(_ _)m

SiuiS
2012-12-19, 04:26 AM
*Quinti-Glombs*

Well, we are playing the World of Darkness, so probably not radiation. Perhaps I somehow stumbled upon a cephalopod spirit that felt friendly? :3


Best custom gift ever!



Never seen any French people wear that, actually. Been to France five or six times, and I still associate berets with Jamie Hyneman. ^_^'

Me either! I've actually only seen it on American beatniks.



Uratha cannot change territories or take trips elsewhere? Aww, that is no fun at all. u_u

Makes me wonder what they would do if something really bad was going on and they needed either a lot of uratha (e.g. during the sacking of Rome) or need to investigate beyond their local area (e.g. any time before libraries became really common.).

I don't know about can't, but it's probably difficult. If you get picked up and thrown into a pack and forced to have a spiritual bond with other wolves and also a totem, breaking that bond would be hard. Plus all of a sudden when you get home you're not welcome because you're an invading wolf, and the prejudices and such rear up, with locals scoffing your silly [foreign country] notions of Uratha society and making fun of you but not explaining what they think is the right way, etc.


That being said, silver crusades are a thing. Get enough wolves together under one banner, blessed by a Lune, and acting as one might pack-army and you're golden! But every spirit in your home territory is going to take that chance to secure power and cause chaos while you're gone, and any wolves left behind as rear guard are going to have their claws full.

Personally, I wonder how the ancient Pure/Forsaken alliance got started! Apparently ancient Cthulhu spirits from before reality was set had to be banished to the surface of the (physical space rock) moon, and we're the one enemy do dangerous the disparate children of Urfarah banded together.



Wait, IS all American food McDonald's? :smalleek: Kidding! Sorry! m(_ _)m

Nah, we've also got burger king and jack in the box! Oh, and pizza hut! And... Hm. That's about it.

Humor aside, I'm trying to learn how to cook and I'm amazed at how much I've Ben conditioned to just grab quick stuff. Actual food takes so much time and money for so little pay-off compared to eating out that's it's a huge psychic hurdle. Couple with laziness (I dot want to cook unless I'm hungry; hen I'm hungry I want food NOW) and boyis it no fun. Think I'm gonna have to dedicate a solid day to cooking a week's worth of food...

Socratov
2012-12-19, 04:55 AM
Well, one does not simply live in or near paris without pickup up some fashion sense[quote]
Besides, high fashion is neither practical for DDR (Which Rose apparently is good enough at to beat Alyse), for brooding or for Werewolf shenanigans. seriously, Socratov, have your priorities straight. Dancing first, then brooding and then style. :smalltongue:
:smallbiggrin:

What is weird about French cuisine? Other than the snails and oysters, which I find personally squicky, it mostly looks like any other European restaurant food. Unique, for sure, but hardly strange... Wait, IS all American food McDonald's? :smalleek: Kidding! Sorry! m(_ _)m

Well, it'smostly the other way around: most restaurants in Europe copy or employ french cuisine. (next big item is italian cuisine, spanish cuisine and run of the mill meat, veggies and potatoes in an interesting way). Most of the techniques come form france and in France the prestigeous 'Le Cordon Bleu'is housed. (just about the most important culinary school in existence). big regions of culinary excellence in France (at least, according to me) are the Provence and Bourgogne (I like meat and I cannot Lie :smalltongue:)

SiuiS
2012-12-20, 01:11 AM
One of our lurkers has some questions.


So if I were to write a little prologue for a character and post it in here, would y'all read it and tell me what you think? Trying to start writing more and this seems like a good start, seeing as how I am all inspired by you guys :smallbiggrin:


Sure, but I would suggest posting it in the OOC thread proper. This one will go away soonly.


Oh, ok....I didn't want to, like, invade that space since I am not technically a player :smallredface:


What say you, LGBTAwolves?

Socratov
2012-12-20, 01:23 AM
If it were me the permission would have already been granted.

So we haven't had ungin yet and our first fanfic:smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2012-12-20, 07:24 AM
you have my permission, all wolves are welcome here! Especially if they have stories. ^_^

So what I say is: Woof! Wif, wafwaf, Ooouuuuuuu! :3

Absol197
2012-12-20, 08:36 AM
Yeah, that's perfectly fine!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

EDIT: Also, Keveak, what did you call me :smalleek: ?

Socratov
2012-12-20, 08:42 AM
please pardon Keveak's Klachian :smallbiggrin:

Absol197
2012-12-20, 09:03 AM
Also, it's conventional GM wisdom that the PCs will always do the last thing you want them to do, but you guys are really proving that.

I have three PCs, and a perfect opportunity for you all to get together and start interacting, and each of you goes off to do your own thing! One of you is not even on the same plane of existance anymore!

Geez, players...

:smallsmile:

~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Heliomance
2012-12-20, 03:36 PM
I'm still on this plane of existence! Just... not for very much longer if no-one interrupts me.

Also, I had another idea for a custom Gift: one to let me sense the distance and direction to the nearest loci. What level would you put that at?

SiuiS
2012-12-21, 12:08 AM
I'm still on this plane of existence! Just... not for very much longer if no-one interrupts me.

Also, I had another idea for a custom Gift: one to let me sense the distance and direction to the nearest loci. What level would you put that at?

There's a two dot merit kind of like that, so for a gift with cost maybe...

Actually I think that is a gift, somewhere. Nuts. I'm getting all my info crossed. Sorry luv, I'll try and find something more useful than speculation :smallfrown:

Mina Kobold
2012-12-21, 06:13 AM
Yeah, that's perfectly fine!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

EDIT: Also, Keveak, what did you call me :smalleek: ?

Raconteuse portant-tiara, I think. My Franco-lupine is a bit rusty. :3


I'm still on this plane of existence! Just... not for very much longer if no-one interrupts me.

I would interrupt, but Rose is not even there yet. >_<

By the wand, is it odd that I always refer to my characters in third-person? I have noticed a lot of people tend to go first-person, but that feels really weird to me. ^_^'

SiuiS
2012-12-21, 06:42 AM
By the wand, is it odd that I always refer to my characters in third-person? I have noticed a lot of people tend to go first-person, but that feels really weird to me. ^_^'

My filly thinks it is disturbing that I use the first person perspective for characters, so mileage and variance and all. They've always been mine, an thus me, just like my current personality.

Although its partially to do actual role playing. I've met enough people who say "My character will attack with his strongest equipped weapon" instead of "Cain lashes out with his great sword" that it just became second nature to lead by example. Many is the time I've outwitted a fellow party member by obviously pantomiming what I've been doing in the background when they won't let me declare intent. :3

SiuiS
2012-12-21, 12:31 PM
So I've noticed some expectations and stereotypes for Storm Lords. I wanted to find stuff that did a better job of presenting the less stereotypical "I'm a jerk because bot being a hard ass is showing weakness" idea.



Some people matter. They have the strength to matter to others, to the world. In the span of one heartbeat or the thunder of many, we all get the chance. Maybe just one shot, but it’ll be there. The exhausted paramedic saving a dying baby at a premature home delivery. The bigger kid who helps the beaten child stand up to his bully. The soldier who goes back for his wounded comrade. In life, a single act of strength — a single moment of courage, of skill, of defiance and endurance — can be all it takes for a soul to matter. People are inspired by those who matter. Those who matter are the ones who change the world, even in the smallest ways. Duty. A human word. What’s duty to a man with a wolf’s soul? Pride? Who could ever be proud of a fear of failure? Do you know us at all?

It’s not about looking good or winning glory. It’s not about being the biggest, the best or the bravest. It’s about being ready for that one second when you have to matter, that one moment when you can change the world around you for the better.

Because if you don’t, if you miss that moment, people die. The people you love, the people who need you, the people you swore to inspire and protect will die.

Be ready for anything. You swore to a wolf-god you’d stand up to all that could ever go wrong without letting your pack down. No matter what the two worlds throw at you, be it anguish or agony, just keep going. Endure where others would surrender. Survive where others would die.

Bleed when you’re hurt and roar in rage when the world spins against you. You’re not a god or demon, to resist such things with an immortal’s nonchalance. But let the others know you’re not down and you’re not out. Cry out in pain, not despair. The others have to see you’re still standing come the dawn. Let your pack see you walk through hell and come out the other side. Whether you’re laughing or crying, they’ll know they can rely on you, trust you and follow you.
Inspire them.
Matter to them.


Storytellers and players reading this are likely to have a good grasp on the Storm Lords already, gleaned from Werewolf: The Forsaken at the least, and perhaps several other sourcebooks. This chapter invites you to discard that knowledge for a while. Not throw it out for good, but look with a fresh perspective what it means to be one of the Iminir. We’ve seen the Storm Lords from the outside. This is about looking deeper. Let’s get behind their eyes, to think what they think and see what they see.

Much of the tribe members’ appearance to outsiders is colored by their tribal oath: Allow no one to witness or tend your weakness. Take a look at the other promises sworn to the Firstborn. The Blood Talons swear to offer no surrender they would themselves find unworthy. The Bone Shadows vow to treat each spirit as they believe it deserves. The Hunters in Darkness promise Black Wolf they would let no place in their territories suffer violation. The Iron Masters swear to honor their territory in every way, by any means.

Worthy promises, all. Worthy goals and worthy creeds. Each is an obvious example of nobility, justice or fairness. Barring the Storm Lords’ oath, each one is a vow to defend, to protect or to maintain a personal code of honor. Among the Uratha, the Iminir alone cannot claim that. On the surface, their oath is selfish. There’s responsibility in the Storm Lord oath, but it can seem buried under a fear of failure and mired in hubris.

It is easy to see the proud and lofty Storm Lord alpha stereotype as representative of the tribe. It’s simple to view Winter Wolf’s oath as a tribal culture of seeking superiority over the other Uratha. It’s a key step in presenting vain, insufferable and self-important werewolves who believe their tribe’s true role in werewolf society is to never show flaws — never have flaws — and to be peerless in all they do. It’s true for some. But it’s not true for all, and self-importance is not what Winter Wolf demands. Perfection is shallow. It’s always a lie. This is what really happens.


Desh kar is most often a private thing; a quiet acknowledgment of tribal differences without any implied disrespect. Do the other tribes sometimes read it as Storm Lord arrogance? Sure they do. Is it ever used as an insult against the other tribes when one of the Iminir thinks a packmate isn’t pulling his weight? Sure it is. Nothing and no one are perfect. But what Desh kar is supposed to mean isn’t “We’re better than the others,” but rather “We’re different from them.” And that’s what some werewolves, be they Forsaken, Pure or walking their own roads… just don’t get about the Iminir.

Shouldering real responsibility is a tricky duty to manage for anyone, and it gets even harder when someone promises a wolf-god she’ll bear all life’s burdens without letting anyone see her fail. That’s a key point not always remembered: at no point does a werewolf swear to Winter Wolf that she’ll never, ever fail. She swears only that she’ll do all in her power to avoid letting others see her failures, for fear of demoralizing them or breaking their own hopes.


I’m close to the Lords. Me and them, we’ve got some history. Hell, I tried to join them — tried once and failed hard. Some of the guys and girls in the other tribes think that makes me a failure. The Lords don’t think that. My deed name to most of the packs around here is kind of embarrassing. They all call me the Little Engine Who Couldn’t. That bites, let me tell you. It’s hard to rise above it, but I earned it from all the months after my Change when I bragged about how I was born to join the Lords. Turns out I was wrong, because when I stood before Skolis-Ur, I never saw greatness or majesty: I saw pure fear, I saw my death, I saw a god that didn’t respect me; that cared nothing if I lived or died.

Since that day I’ve killed three of the Anshega, earned 10 years of scars from always fighting at the front of my pack, and single-handedly destroyed a plague goddess lurking in the bowels of a hospital basement. I’d match my war skills against anyone in the area, be they Blood Talon or Full Moon. I know how to fight and kill better than anyone I’ve ever met, and despite my deed name, half of the great things done around this city are down to me and my pack — but no one ever believes us.

No one except the Lords.

They call me Deadlock, and I’ll take that to my grave with pride. They named me after I failed, choosing that word to honor the fact I never backed down from Skolis-Ur, even when he demanded me to leave his presence. That impressed them. They tell me most of them wouldn’t even do that. So when I tell them my tales and all the others in the city laugh and think I’m sucking up to the big boys who wouldn’t take me in, the Lords always believe me.


[...] These are the kinds of events and changes that give birth to a Storm Lord — not the color of his blood or the whims of Fate. Yet two traits are shared by most of the nuzusul seeking entrance into the tribe — at least, those with a chance of making it. It’s well-known the Storm Lords value endurance and leadership above all things, but what’s ‘well-known’ is actually wrong. Above endurance, there is defiance — to do more than suffer in stoicism, but to actually feel the passion of anger afterwards and take revenge for the pains inflicted upon you. Above leadership, there is empathy. To lead is easy, to see through the eyes of others — friend or foe — is how to judge an enemy and truly lead allies as they should be led.

I've been thinking about this for a while - months, I beleive - and may even have posted all or some of this before. I feel it bears posting again. My irst character in any new system is always somewhat of a self insert, to play with the game's capacity for expression (Also because I am most interested in RP for the psychological aspect). Kamau is very much a less glorified version of my first, unused Werewolf: The Apocalypse character. And kamau was made a storm Lord for a variety of reasons.

The iminir are, well, cool. Their name is awesome. Their concept is akin to the silver claws only less inbred and snooty. Their symbolism speaks to me. Their colors in my mind are appealing. But mostly? It's responsibility. Being a storm lord to kamau (and myself) isn't a cool title. it's not a promotion, it's not like enlisting as a corporal and lording it over all the privates and PFCs. It's a burden you take because the one thing harder than having to deal with all this stuff is knowing you didn't try. You bear the burden because as much as it could potentially suck, it isn't half as bad as waking up every morning knowing you took the easy road just because the hard road went uphill.

Being a talon would be cool, you only need to worry about being good at winning. Everyone likes winning! Or an iron master, some pretty cool magic there. Or a bone shadow, which also speaks to me, being intermediary with the spirits. No, storm lord came about because it was something that fit, the thankless task of organizing, being a background player who got everyone else into position to be awesome. It loked like something we could do, and unfortunately, once we saw we fit the bill, there wasn't any other choice. It's the pack or it's me, and what kind of storm lord would I be if I chose me?

Absol197
2012-12-21, 12:53 PM
*Storm Lord stuff*

I agree entirely :smallsmile: . The story of Winter Wolf and why he is the way he is reflects that exact ideal, that taking up the position of leadership is a terrible burden, and you have to do it right, no matter the consequences to yourself.

However, not everybody has all the same wisdom as SiuiS and Kamou :smallsmile: . A lot of Storm Lords act like Kitt and her mentor-guy (forget his name), or like I was alluding to in the beginning when we were first deciding on characters, or like the other wolves so far have been intimating that the Lords act. That's because, even though they're Uratha, they still only see what's on the surface. Some might grow out of it, realize the truth, and some might get stuck in their ways. Just because it's a common mistake that Storm Lords make doesn't mean that it's what the tribe really means. Just like being a Blood Talon doesn't mean, "Killing and fighting and fighting and killing...FOR KORD!!!"*, but many Talons take it to mean that.

I think with a philosophy like that, Kamou is on the path to be one of the great Storm Lord elders...if he can survive being a cub first!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

*The marching song, battle hymn, and generally any-time-he-felt-like-singing song of a hilarious orc favored soul of Kord from my IRL group's adventures.

Heliomance
2012-12-21, 02:08 PM
There's a two dot merit kind of like that, so for a gift with cost maybe...

Actually I think that is a gift, somewhere. Nuts. I'm getting all my info crossed. Sorry luv, I'll try and find something more useful than speculation :smallfrown:

Ooh, any idea where? Merit would be even better, because that would be always on, and easier to fluff as just having an affinity for borders.

SiuiS
2012-12-21, 02:43 PM
I agree entirely :smallsmile: . The story of Winter Wolf and why he is the way he is reflects that exact ideal, that taking up the position of leadership is a terrible burden, and you have to do it right, no matter the consequences to yourself.

However, not everybody has all the same wisdom as SiuiS and Kamou :smallsmile: . A lot of Storm Lords act like Kitt and her mentor-guy (forget his name), or like I was alluding to in the beginning when we were first deciding on characters, or like the other wolves so far have been intimating that the Lords act. That's because, even though they're Uratha, they still only see what's on the surface. Some might grow out of it, realize the truth, and some might get stuck in their ways. Just because it's a common mistake that Storm Lords make doesn't mean that it's what the tribe really means. Just like being a Blood Talon doesn't mean, "Killing and fighting and fighting and killing...FOR KORD!!!"*, but many Talons take it to mean that.

I think with a philosophy like that, Kamou is on the path to be one of the great Storm Lord elders...if he can survive being a cub first!

I think I first felt I had to clarify when I was concerned with whether initiation into the tribe would hinge on random dice. But yes, Kamau doesn't quite get that either. I'm copying Thanqol's design strategy; there is the character at their ultimate, and there is the character as they are now. Everything in between is their story. So getting Kamau to let go of his baggage and accept what he is is the hard (and fun!) part.



*The marching song, battle hymn, and generally any-time-he-felt-like-singing song of a hilarious orc favored soul of Kord from my IRL group's adventures.

I'll be honest. All I can hear now is "the Internet is for KORD!"


Ooh, any idea where? Merit would be even better, because that would be always on, and easier to fluff as just having an affinity for borders.

Oh, hm. Lemme see.
Ephemeral reckoning, Rage: the players guide p. 103, let's you make a reflexive roll to deduce the resonance of a locus, but this says you must have already found it. So that's not it...

Grr. That's all I can find, since I can't seem to save any Internet sources. Perhaps it's already a gift? It sounds so familiar... I'll keep looking. Sorry...

Heliomance
2012-12-21, 08:15 PM
How's this sound?

Liminal Intuition (3 dot merit, Werewolf only)

You have a strong affinity for the boundary between the worlds of Flesh and Spirit, and can sense the places where that boundary grows thin. You may make a Harmony roll to locate loci in your vicinity.

Dramatic Failure: You send your questing senses where they should not go, and manage to offend the Lunes. Not only do you not locate any locuses, you also lose half your current essence and may not use this merit until Luna next changes her face.

Failure: You do not locate any loci, and may not attempt to use this merit again until either an hour has passed or you have travelled five miles, whichever comes sooner.

Success: The weakened boundary between the worlds calls out to you. You learn the distance and direction to every locus within one mile of your position. If there are no loci within one mile, you learn the distance and direction to the nearest locus within five miles. If there are none within five miles, you learn that fact but nothing more. If you wish, you may memorise the feeling of one of the loci you discover, giving you constant knowledge of its position for the remainder of the scene.

Exceptional Success: You learn the direction and distance to every locus within five miles of your current position. If there are no loci within five miles, you learn the distance and direction to the nearest locus, regardless of distance.

SiuiS
2012-12-22, 02:38 AM
Hmm. Nicely done. For the duration(?), most abilities are given in game time. Perhaps once per scene, rather than hour or distance travelled?

I also think it would work better as nearest locus, or all loci within X miles on a dramatic success. But that feels like a 2 dot merit, where yours does sort of ride the three dot line. Being able to find all loci in a mile seems like something I just don't have the knowledge to judge; I'm not sure exactly how useful that would be in this game line. It also feels like an irakka gift...

Hmm. Still searching by the by.

Socratov
2012-12-23, 08:11 AM
regarding tribes and their respective philosofies (according to what I read and feel):

Blood Talons are proud warriors . their outlook is akin to an extreme form of survival of the fittest (even more then Uratha in general). Bone Shadows value knowlege and wisdom, given form in tradition. the iron masters value protection and using your resources (using what is given you, also the reason why technology doesn't disturb them in the least). Hunters in darkness are just that: Hunters. they plan, they sneak, they vallue cunning and outsmarting one another as the highest good. Storm Lords are no warriors. the Storm lords aren't even all about teamplay (like talons and hunters), nor are they about tradition or gathering resources. the Storm lords are all about ambition. Determination. it may look selfish, but it isn't. You prove yourself worthy by proving you can have a goal in life, and complete it. If a Storm Lord gives his word to do something, he will, maybe between now and next week, maye over 20 years. But if Luna can help him/her, it will happen. the other 4 tribes have clear purposes and tastes, living in the now, or indeed, the past. storm Lords live in the future, always reaching for that goal. Each Storm Lord is different, if only united in their shared ambition and determination to follow one's goals.

Absol197
2012-12-23, 12:48 PM
Hey guys!

Helio, that seems a bit strong...I'll give it some thought and come up with another version, and we'll see if we can make it work somehow (Assuming SiuiS doesn't find what she's looking for first!).

Also, just a heads up, but I'm flying to Indiana today to visit my family for Christmas. We're staying at my grandfather's and internet access is not that reliable there (read: none at all). I probably won't be able to post again until Thursday. Sorries :smallredface: !


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Mina Kobold
2012-12-23, 01:26 PM
No trouble at all, O Story-Teller of the Tiara. ^_^

I myself will probably be a bit busy for the next few days as well. Plenty internet, but both halves of my family celebrate Yule, so I get celebrations both on the eve of the 23rd and on the eve of the 24th*! :smallsmile:

Will try to be around, but presents! Precious presents! *w*



*The usual time of gift-giving and song in Denmark. The 25th usually has no celebration, though I don't doubt there are plenty groovy peeps who deviate from the norm. :3

Socratov
2012-12-24, 05:15 AM
No problem, I'll be busy celebrating christmas (eve and day) myself, as well as brew a next batch of mead (this time apple :smalltongue:)

Absol197
2012-12-27, 08:27 AM
Okay, I'm back!

I'm going to try and do an IC post today, as well as reply to those of you still waiting on PMs. I am really busy at work, though, so I might not get to it. Sorries in advance!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Absol197
2012-12-28, 08:11 AM
Okay, I'm really going to post today. Yesterday was crazy busy :smallsigh: ...


~T-WST~

Socratov
2012-12-28, 09:21 AM
Aaaaaand posted :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2012-12-28, 12:35 PM
No worries, Phee, take all the time you need to get rid of busy matters. ^_^

On a related note, can I describe Rose's room in the prologue or will you? I am not sure, since hotel room layouts would technically be the domain of Glorious Tiara-Wearing Story Tellers, but a character's interior design decisions are not...

I worry about strange things, don't I? ^_^'

Absol197
2012-12-28, 01:15 PM
No worries, Phee, take all the time you need to get rid of busy matters. ^_^

On a related note, can I describe Rose's room in the prologue or will you? I am not sure, since hotel room layouts would technically be the domain of Glorious Tiara-Wearing Story Tellers, but a character's interior design decisions are not...

I worry about strange things, don't I? ^_^'

You can have as much free reign as you'd like! Well, remember that the school is paying for the room, so it won't be ginormous or anything, but otherwise you can describe things however you'd like! Go for it!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Mina Kobold
2012-12-28, 02:59 PM
You can have as much free reign as you'd like! Well, remember that the school is paying for the room, so it won't be ginormous or anything, but otherwise you can describe things however you'd like! Go for it!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Yay! Free reign taken! ^_^

I think the description I gave would match a standard hotel room, though I have never seen any in the USA. ^_^'

Now, hopefully having a suspiciously observant and fearless cat around an entire Uratha pack won't result in apocalypse. Will it? Is that the real reason people are trying to find a reason the world ends in 2012? ._.

SiuiS
2012-12-31, 09:28 AM
Sorry for my absence. I'm still adapting to my nw schedule, and slept for about fifteen hours today at the exact wrong point in time to be useful.



Phee luv, Kamau surmises that if they didn't find anyone else, then the other wolves took their guy back. Unless you think there's more story to be had here, he would just go quiet, wait for an opportunity, and escape. Possibly use his remaining ulal to bride a spirit into making a distraction so all the doctors take off. If this is the case, the next scene would be him trying to examine the crime scene ASAP, most likely finding the nearest locus and getting there via the Hisil.


Man, I need to cut the funny words out on my filly's tablet. I can just see ulal popping up as a typo in random conversation. XD

Absol197
2013-01-02, 08:19 AM
Sorry for my absence. I'm still adapting to my nw schedule, and slept for about fifteen hours today at the exact wrong point in time to be useful.



Phee luv, Kamau surmises that if they didn't find anyone else, then the other wolves took their guy back. Unless you think there's more story to be had here, he would just go quiet, wait for an opportunity, and escape. Possibly use his remaining ulal to bride a spirit into making a distraction so all the doctors take off. If this is the case, the next scene would be him trying to examine the crime scene ASAP, most likely finding the nearest locus and getting there via the Hisil.


Man, I need to cut the funny words out on my filly's tablet. I can just see ulal popping up as a typo in random conversation. XD

Okies, I'll try to skip some of the more unecessary bits, try to get you into the mix a little quicker!

Also, Lena dear, I don't think I've heard from you in a while. I can has prologue update?

And Helio, you've just gone into another world! Surely there must be something you want to do?

Finally, my inbox is getting full, so I'm going to do a prologue post sometime today.


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

gunnar11
2013-01-02, 08:50 AM
Also: I was planning on editing my post to match what I rolled, that's why I rolled IC. If you could tell me what my rolls do (Am I intimidated? Am I carefree?) then I can write my super epic post.

or something.

Heliomance
2013-01-03, 09:36 PM
Aye, there is, but it involves turning into a wolf, and I'm hitting a touch of writer's block over her reaction to the changes now she's slightly more lucid.

SiuiS
2013-01-04, 05:01 AM
Vaguely dysphoric, but without the abject horror of "oh god oh god I can't fix this why can't I fix this"? I figure being a werewolf has a healthy component of animality, including hormonal surge and such. Wolf!jaci will be only/ambivalent to masculinity. Half!jaci will be ambivalent, back and forth. Human!jaci will probably be horrified, afterwards.

I'm also really paranoid I got your name wrong this whole time. It is Jay-See, right? Or Ja-Key? Or...? Gah!

Heliomance
2013-01-04, 05:32 AM
I have no idea how it's supposed to be pronounced. I've been saying it Jah-see.

Mina Kobold
2013-01-04, 05:51 AM
Looking it up, it seems to be possible to pronounce it both ways. According to some sources, it can be a diminutive of Jacqueline (with Jacki and Jaqui as variants) and thus be pronounced Ja-Key, but others list it as a variant of Jacey and thus pronounced Jay-See. So it seems your pronounciation is correct for this Jaci, Helio. ^_^

As for Jaci's reaction; I think it is up to you. Jaci could freak out entirely upon noticing that unexpected change, or just be curious and confused as to what caused the seemingly abnormal change. For all Jaci knows, it is the presence of the spirits that caused it, or just being inexperienced and close to so much power. :smallsmile:

Which reminds me that I am not myself sure how Rose's first transformation will go. Hopefully without destroying a hotel room or three. ^_^'

SiuiS
2013-01-04, 06:33 AM
I have no idea how it's supposed to be pronounced. I've been saying it Jah-see.

Oooh, nice. Okay!

Socratov
2013-01-04, 02:21 PM
On names and their pronunciation, a name can be pronounced any way you want, provided in some capacity the vowels and verbal components are there amongst the letters (provided the name is not Welsh or Gaelic) so taking jaci, any combination of (jah or jay) and (see or qi) qualifies. (phonetically) and then we have emphasis on syllables...

Heliomance
2013-01-05, 11:05 AM
Incidentally, it's not a derivative of Jacqueline or anything - if the site I got it from is to be believed, it's a Native American name meaning moon.

Astrella
2013-01-05, 04:15 PM
Response sent, Phoenix, sorry for taking so long. >.>

Absol197
2013-01-07, 08:21 AM
Also: I was planning on editing my post to match what I rolled, that's why I rolled IC. If you could tell me what my rolls do (Am I intimidated? Am I carefree?) then I can write my super epic post.

or something.

Okay, sounds good!

Alright, I promise to make headway today. Really.


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Absol197
2013-01-09, 08:13 AM
<_<

>_>

Okay, really, I'm going to update today. It's been far too long...


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Socratov
2013-01-09, 12:19 PM
Yay!

More tiara goodness!

gunnar11
2013-01-09, 12:31 PM
Tiara goodness is good.

Absol197
2013-01-10, 07:31 PM
Okay, I've updated the prologues, and I'll be responding to them soon...

I may be a little slow over the next little while, as I've encountered a few life problems...


~P~

gunnar11
2013-01-10, 07:47 PM
Okay, I've updated the prologues, and I'll be responding to them soon...

I may be a little slow over the next little while, as I've encountered a few life problems...


~P~

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TIARA!?

But in all seriousness: Hang in there, Ph!

SiuiS
2013-01-13, 08:25 AM
<_<

>_>


aroo~?

Mina Kobold
2013-01-13, 09:10 AM
Eep, I hope our Tiara-wearing Story-Teller is all right. ._.

Hope your life problems improve soon, Phee! ^_^

Socratov
2013-01-13, 11:49 AM
*expectant look*
*pantpantpantpantpantpantpantpantpantpantpantpantp antpantpantpantpantpant*

gunnar11
2013-01-13, 06:52 PM
*prays for the almighty gods to restore the divine tiara-wearer*

Irish Musician
2013-01-14, 04:38 PM
*Pokes head in, looks around*

So I have been working on my little story type thing, got a good amount so far, but haven't really come to a good ending part yet. The story keeps flowing out so I keep typing away. Just wanted to let you know it is one the way, and say thanks for, when it comes, reading it and letting me test out my very rusty writing skills :smalleek::smallsmile:

~Matthew~

Irish Musician
2013-01-23, 01:11 PM
Sorry for the double post, but here is Dorian's story so far, obviously more to come. Any feedback and criticisms are more than welcome! Thanks Uratha!

Dorian woke up in a dazed once again, tangled in a heap of naked bodies of which he had to unwind himself from. The human cluster he had to untangle from was comprised of a myriad of different people…men, women, black, white, Asian…it didn’t really matter to Dorian. They were all just a means to an end.
He walked around the apartment that he woke up in, that wasn’t his, and found the bathroom. Still quite nude, he walked in front of the mirror and turned on the faucet, cupping his hands and splashing cold water on his face, somewhat refreshing him. He looked at himself in the mirror, the dark circles under his emerald green eyes and the red veins running through them, making them look completely bloodshot. Dorian’s face looked quite haggard and covered in the tough whiskers of his beard starting to come. He stood about 5’11” and was about 179lbs, with a larger frame of body, but quite tone and fit. He did work out, but not as much as most people, and still was able to keep his fit frame. When he cleaned himself up, he was quite a good looking man and would turn quite a few heads when he walked through a room, especially when he flashed his green eyes. Those eyes of his could speak volumes by themselves, even before his mouth opened up, and was able to hook many a helpless victim on their line by the time the night was over. His hair was blonde with some red mixed in there when the light hit it right, and just long enough to be able to run your hands through it and give it a pull. Overall, Dorian was quite a charismatic person and could usually get what he wanted.
He just stared into his own eyes for a long moment, trying to make sense of what was starting to happen to him. Dorian had been going through some, changes, and he was just as confused as he had been when he was 12 or 13 and starting to hit puberty. Except this time the changes were more extreme and a lot weirder, and it felt like he was somehow losing his humanity at some level. His senses had been heightened, especially his sight and smell. Even now, he could pick out each individual person’s smell in the pile of lust that he had just left, of course picking out each of their names was a more daunting task, considering Dorian had not bothered to learn any of them. He was just using them to try and escape from these changes and thought that maybe, he could chase them away by immersing himself in the human experience of sex…no matter who it was with. Despite his best efforts, Dorian found himself still going through these changes, and they were getting more extreme as each night came closer to the New Moon, which was going to be tonight. He had noticed this but had no idea what it meant, or if it even meant anything at all.
Dorian dried himself off with a towel and walked back into the room of bodies and found his clothes. He drearily put his clothes on and gathered his belongings, along with some belongings that weren’t his, and headed out the door. Counting the money he had just swiped from the disposable strangers, he walked back to his flat, which was on the 6th floor, and incidentally the top floor, of his building. Dorian walked in, threw his keys on his table, grabbed a beer from the fridge, and sat down on his couch, turning on his TV. He put the channel on something mindless and just sat there drinking his beer and letting his mind wander. Looking around his flat was fairly depressing if you didn’t know better. There were no walls, save into the bathroom, and it was completely open. All there was for furniture was the awful looking couch, coffee table that looked scuffed all to hell, and the TV & stand (the only thing of real value as it was a very nice 52” flat screen). In his fridge, you see beer, some condiments, and not much else…except for some newly bought, and quite bloody, steaks that Dorian has taken to pan searing and eating very rare over the past few weeks. Ever since…

There he was, in the ally, climbing out of a window after having ripped off a jewelry store. In his normal “working” clothes, all black with a black ski-mask over his face, Dorian was quite the opposite of his normal everyday look. He blended with the shadows as if he was one himself and moved around as if he was in his own sound-proof bubble. After jumping down to ground level, he flew through the alley to a connecting one where he had a change of clothes waiting for him. Dorian stripped off his black work clothes, and put his street jeans and shoes on and that is when he heard it.
It sounded like a dog’s growl, but it was so much lower than he had ever heard he wasn’t sure if it was actually a dog. Dorian automatically hunkered down behind a trash can and looked around, trying to keep as much of his surrounding in his view as he could. His eyes finally settled on, what he could only describe as a wolf, in the shadows about 30 feet from him. Dorian took a deep breath and calmed for a moment. It was true he was a city boy, but he wasn’t too scared of a wolf in the city. After all, this was his territory and the wolf was encroaching on his “land.” He stood up, keeping eye contact with the beast, and trying to puff his chest up and make him look as big as he could, trying to scare the wolf away. As he got closer Dorian even started growling himself, hoping to intimidate the thing. What he didn’t expect was to look into this wolf’s eyes as he got closer and see something disturbing, a very human quality. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but it seemed like he was staring at a person, albeit an animalistic one, but a human none-the-less. What happened next was even more unexpected. It all seemed to happen at once: the wolf closed the 20 foot gap in mere seconds, was on top of Dorian, and had him pinned to the ground. Dorian’s hands were immediately up, grasping on the wolf’s extra skin around its, her as he was close enough to see now, mouth. Though he saw a brick not too far from his grasp, he dared now let go of the hand-hold he had now, for those stained with blood teeth of hers might just shoot to his neck and rip it open. He struggled with this she-wolf for what seemed like forever, though it was probably only a few minutes, until he finally got a nice punch to the side of her head, disorienting her for only a few seconds, but enough time for Dorian to jump up and ready himself for another attack. Once he was back on his feet, Dorian squatted down slightly to get a better balance for himself against the next attack, putting up his arms ready to grapple with this wolf again.
Instead of an immediate attack the she-wolf just shook her head for a moment, locked eyes with Dorian again, and paced around him. Dorian didn’t take his eyes off of her for one minute, but it wasn’t until it was too late did he realize his mistake. Three other wolves jumped out of the shadows at him, pinning him to the ground with strength that he never knew wolves had, or should have. Things were starting to come together in his head, instinctually, and he immediately realized the she-wolf was the alpha of the pack. She slowly walked over to him, standing over him with her front paw on his chest, and stared into his eye, though it seemed like his soul. Somehow, he knew not how, he understood what she was saying to him, though no sounds or words came between the two, his spirit heard her spirit and he understood. He was too mesmerized to try and even begin to understand all of what was going on, but by the end of their “conversation” he understood a great many things. All of a sudden odd feeling he had had his whole life got answered and while he still wasn’t quite sure what it all meant, he knew that he was more than just a human. He was something greater. As soon all these realizations had come upon him, the wolves were gone and he was alone in the ally. All he heard was one lone wolf howl in the distance.

Ever since that night Dorian had not slept well nor did he seem to be comfortable around anyone, or even in his own skin. He sat on his couch, drinking his beer and watching some mindless daytime television with people talking about their baby’s mama and how they couldn’t understand how their husband would sleep with their sister. The stuff of idiots and white-trash, but it soothed his mind and distracted it so that he wasn’t thinking of what was going on with him. He had a job to do tonight, and he wasn’t going to let some **** that was going on with him get in the way…he was a professional.

That night came, one of his favorite nights of the month, because that meant that there was no extra light coming from the moon, and he was more easily able to move through the shadows, and take what he wanted, his prize. Tonight’s prize was a diamond necklace, not only covered with ½ carat diamonds, but in the middle of which hung a giant 5 carat diamond. What would be tonight’s take, you ask. Why nothing short of $1.5 million, with a small cut to a fence that could move his product and a small cut to the source of the information on how to get to the necklace, and what security precautions were on it. By the end of the night, Dorian would be looking at a cool million dollars, a vacation on some beach where he could drink and **** all he wanted and not worry about the city, work, or whatever the hell was going on with him.
The sun finally set and he found himself at one of his favorite watering holes, drinking a little bit, but not anywhere near what he was used to drinking, he had work to do tonight. A few women came up to him, propositioning him for a quick romp in the bathroom, or parking lot, but he turned them all down, to their chagrin. He had work to do tonight and he wasn’t going to be distracted by some floozie wanting nothing more than to distract him. Two in the morning came around after a long wait at the bar, and Dorian left, heading to his end destination, ready to make the heist of his career and get away from this **** city for a long while.

Socratov
2013-01-24, 04:31 AM
Looks promising Celtic, I'm curious to the next chapter...

SiuiS
2013-01-25, 01:30 PM
Spirits used to have bans. Some bans were material weaknesses. We liked that so much that now every ephemeral entity has both a ban (a behavioral compulsion) and a bane (a material which magically, symbolically, or whathaveyou interferes with their corpus).

Banes are solid to the entity even when they're in Twilight, and touching them causes lethal injury. If a spirit's manifested, the bane does aggravated damage to it.

Aggravated damage, by the way, causes Essence loss as well as the injury.

Most of the time, this is an additional lever for mortal investigators - it's the source of your salt-guns, iron weapons, hawthorn spikes dipped in virgin's blood... That kind of thing.

But there's a kicker. The unarmed attacks of spirits of the same sort but two Ranks or more difference count as a bane. Rank 5 Kerberoi can rip Rank 1 Ghosts to shreds, for example.

And the honorary Rank Uratha get for Renown counts. But only for the Werewolf. A "Rank 3" Uratha does aggravated damage to manifest Rank 1 spirits with his claws, and can cause lethal injuries to them even if they're still in Twilight. A Rank 5 spirit doesn't against a Rank 2 Werewolf.

That might change in some cases, depending on what Idigam Chronicles does to picking up bans as you grow more spirit-like, but for the cheat-sheet, Werewolves are back as the Thing Spirits Fear and Hate. And no more bringing assault rifles on Hisil-hunts.

From DaveB, one o the guys doing the WoD rules revamp. Thoughts?

Absol197
2013-01-28, 10:17 PM
Okay guys, I really, really sorry about taking so long! I'm going to try my hardest to get things going again. I hope you can forgive me!

I've already started sending PMs to those of you still, uh, PMing, but I need to respond to the actual game thread. I don't know if anyone's posted since I last looked...I'm a mess right now!

I'll get everything back under control and moving swiftly, I promise!

~Tiara-Wearing ST~

SiuiS
2013-01-29, 07:29 AM
It's alright. So long as things keep chugging, the speed isn't as important as the inertia.

gunnar11
2013-02-01, 04:56 PM
Okay guys, I really, really sorry about taking so long! I'm going to try my hardest to get things going again. I hope you can forgive me!

I've already started sending PMs to those of you still, uh, PMing, but I need to respond to the actual game thread. I don't know if anyone's posted since I last looked...I'm a mess right now!

I'll get everything back under control and moving swiftly, I promise!

~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Great! I'm still enthralled by your ST'ing

SiuiS
2013-02-01, 10:32 PM
I am still here too D=

We may need to skip the rest of the preludes, luv. Once all the players can talk to each other, we can keep going and you can take breaks more.

Absol197
2013-02-02, 12:21 AM
That may be a good idea. Keaveak and Lena, are you okay with that? It's pretty obvious how Rose's is going to end up, and I'll give away the surprise that no pack was going to pick up Mireille (sorry for the mispelling >_< ), just a lone elder that was going to invite her to ungin. So if you're okay with it, the three of you can show up, and we can finish the prologues in time.

Also, I just posted in the actual game tonight! Sorry it took me so long.

We'll get things moving again!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Mina Kobold
2013-02-02, 09:04 AM
Makes sense, I suppose. Sorry for being so slow. m(_ _)m

Now I just need to figure out in what mental state Rose would be in after finally accepting what is going on. A bit split between being in full shock and mildly nutty or being dangerously determined to fix things up. And by fix things up, I mean trying to drag people into tracking down whatever attacked Alyse whether or not that involves being suicidal or freeing ancient demons. Either of those sound fun? :3

Speaking of being slow, I just noticed your PM, O Tiara-Wearing Story-Teller of the Ashen Rebirth, so I shall reply post-haste. :smallsmile:

gunnar11
2013-02-02, 09:18 AM
Makes sense, I suppose. Sorry for being so slow. m(_ _)m

Now I just need to figure out in what mental state Rose would be in after finally accepting what is going on. A bit split between being in full shock and mildly nutty or being dangerously determined to fix things up. And by fix things up, I mean trying to drag people into tracking down whatever attacked Alyse whether or not that involves being suicidal or freeing ancient demons. Either of those sound fun? :3

Speaking of being slow, I just noticed your PM, O Tiara-Wearing Story-Teller of the Ashen Rebirth, so I shall reply post-haste. :smallsmile:

My face while reading:
:smallcool: ok, ok
:smallamused: nice, nice
:smalleek: full shock and nutty?
:smallbiggrin::smallwink::smallsmile::smallamused: :smallcool: HELL YEAH FREE ANCIENT DEMONS!

So there's your answer :3

SiuiS
2013-02-02, 10:02 AM
Now I just need to figure out in what mental state Rose would be in after finally accepting what is going on. A bit split between being in full shock and mildly nutty or being dangerously determined to fix things up.

Roll a die?


And by fix things up, I mean trying to drag people into tracking down whatever attacked Alyse whether or not that involves being suicidal or freeing ancient demons. Either of those sound fun? :3

Well, we will need to find a Totem. Ancient demons can be totems, right?

Socratov
2013-02-08, 03:15 AM
how about we actually talk to the spirit first? I mean, violence is always an option, and I am an Elodoth you know :smallwink::smallbiggrin::smallcool:

Absol197
2013-02-11, 12:00 AM
Okay, I know I'm a horrible ST, but I'm trying to get things moving again! So:

1. I've posted for Martin and Byorn;

2. Helio, could you continue Jaci's adventures in the Hisil sometime soon?

3. Kamou and Mireille can come into the picture (i.e. enter the ungin in the IC thread whenever you like. Let's try to get you guys going!

4. I'm going to reply to the prologues tonight, too, so hopefully everything can get moving all at once.

I'm really sorry about how slow everything is moving right now, guys! I'm going to try to do at least one post a day from now on (assuming there's stuff for me to respond to). Getting started is the hardest part! We can do it!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

SiuiS
2013-02-11, 04:30 AM
Can do.

I'm going slow on account of my second-youngest kitty being sick. She needs subcutaneous fluids, and Will. Not. Let either of her mothers administer it, so I've been taking her to the vet every day, and amongst other complications it's exhausting! So I'll try to keep things moving but sometimes I won't fleh something out as well as I could have. Momentum over quality, while I deal with it. If that's all right?

Mina Kobold
2013-02-11, 10:43 AM
Okay, I know I'm a horrible ST, but I'm trying to get things moving again!

You are far from a terrible Story-Teller, you are a terrific one! :smallsmile:

At least, you are far better than I have been. Longest campaign I GMed (3.5 D&D rules, Last Airbender setting) had what I believe was a 6 month hiatus. Compared to that, you are responding at blazing speeds. :smallredface:


4. I'm going to reply to the prologues tonight, too, so hopefully everything can get moving all at once.

~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Will try to reply back soon as well! ^_^

Absol197
2013-02-11, 01:29 PM
Can do.

I'm going slow on account of my second-youngest kitty being sick. She needs subcutaneous fluids, and Will. Not. Let either of her mothers administer it, so I've been taking her to the vet every day, and amongst other complications it's exhausting! So I'll try to keep things moving but sometimes I won't fleh something out as well as I could have. Momentum over quality, while I deal with it. If that's all right?

That's fine. I hope your kitty is alright! Why does she need her medicine subcutaneously? I've never heard of that sort of application before. Unless it's just shots, and you're being overly descriptive?


You are far from a terrible Story-Teller, you are a terrific one! :smallsmile:

At least, you are far better than I have been. Longest campaign I GMed (3.5 D&D rules, Last Airbender setting) had what I believe was a 6 month hiatus. Compared to that, you are responding at blazing speeds. :smallredface:



Will try to reply back soon as well! ^_^

Ooh, I love the Avatar-verse! As you can tell from my sig (although I think the link is broken; I need to update it again so that people who are interested can actually download the book...)

Thanks for the compliments, and the promises of a quick reply! Yours was the longest response, by far (and has the most interesting characters in it!)


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

SiuiS
2013-02-11, 05:04 PM
That's fine. I hope your kitty is alright! Why does she need her medicine subcutaneously? I've never heard of that sort of application before. Unless it's just shots, and you're being overly descriptive?

Her neck muscles gave out: some kidney trouble led to potassium issues led to muscle flaccidity led to almost drowning when trying to drink, les to dehydration led to worse kidney problems. She received water under the skin, since they can't keep a IV in. It absorbs over time.

Absol197
2013-02-11, 08:09 PM
Her neck muscles gave out: some kidney trouble led to potassium issues led to muscle flaccidity led to almost drowning when trying to drink, les to dehydration led to worse kidney problems. She received water under the skin, since they can't keep a IV in. It absorbs over time.

Oh no! Will she get better? I hope so; that sounds just awful!

SiuiS
2013-02-11, 08:29 PM
Oh no! Will she get better? I hope so; that sounds just awful!

I hope so too! We're trying but it's possible the damage is done. No matter how healthy she seems, you need a renal system, y'know? That said, she's recovering in wery way except blood chemistry.


Have a post up IC, hope it's sufficient? I feel showing up with directions to ungin but no escort fit the situation.

Socratov
2013-02-15, 02:11 AM
Sorry I was slow for a couple of days, was a bit busy with school and new job (one of those suckers ushering in other suckers to pay charity causes a monthly amount).

Anyway, I have taken somewhat a liberty in my part I hope it all works out okay, else let me know :smallamused:

Astrella
2013-02-20, 04:48 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates; I'll try to catch up again soon.

Absol197
2013-02-20, 09:12 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates; I'll try to catch up again soon.

That's fine honey. We're getting along quite well, and your character hasn't shown up yet, so it's not like we're waiting for you! You take your time and post when you're ready to do so.

Also, Keveak, I'm going to post again tomorrow night, introducing Ash's pack to the meet-up (now I just need to come up with a name for them...), so you're about to show up, too!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Mina Kobold
2013-02-23, 12:05 PM
Also, Keveak, I'm going to post again tomorrow night, introducing Ash's pack to the meet-up (now I just need to come up with a name for them...), so you're about to show up, too!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

(Sorry for being all absent and forgetting to respond. ^_^')

Okie-dokies! Hopefully Rose's introduction will be less panicked than the prologue. Will Louis be allowed along, or is this a canine-only meet-up? :3

I wish I could help with names, but that really depends on how they were formed and how they are when not saving a terrified youngster from the Pure. They give me an impression of hope and progression, but any name I could think of would be terribly inaccurate at best. ^_^'

Which reminds me that I have no idea how the Uratha names are assigned. Hopefully, Rose will learn and not make an inappropriately timed snark. :3

Socratov
2013-03-01, 05:18 AM
So... any news?

gunnar11
2013-03-02, 05:36 PM
So... any news?
Wondering that myself...

SiuiS
2013-03-02, 07:17 PM
The unfortunate reality is that we recruited from a threa full of people with issues who are prone to deep emotional turbulence and who are encouraged to and learning how to open up and not repress it all. There is going to be some level of slowdown as we all hit nadirs in our personal sine waves.

Absol197
2013-03-03, 08:55 PM
That's pretty much it, SiuiS. Thankfully, though, I am back for now, and will be updating, hopefully often this week.

The other problem is that my job makes updating difficult, because on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays I basically get home, go straight to my scheduled activity, and then get home again to go to sleep. And weekends remain difficult. But, I will endeavor to update as often as possible. I promise, folks!


~Phoenix~

SiuiS
2013-03-03, 10:11 PM
That's pretty much it, SiuiS. Thankfully, though, I am back for now, and will be updating, hopefully often this week.

The other problem is that my job makes updating difficult, because on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays I basically get home, go straight to my scheduled activity, and then get home again to go to sleep. And weekends remain difficult. But, I will endeavor to update as often as possible. I promise, folks!

Know that feel. I only get posting done because there's a three hour stretch of work with absolutely. No. Business.

Socratov
2013-03-04, 02:27 AM
I too know the feel, only with the added wstuff of not having internet at home so I need to use the internet of school and/or work. (and many things to do inbetween. I seem to have a knack/talent for filling my schedule in a quite encompassing way :smallconfused:)

But good to see we can look forward to some updates this week :smallwink:

I'll be waiting (semi)patiently

Absol197
2013-03-04, 11:21 PM
Your waiting is done!

It was so much fun developing all the characters in these packs. You guys are going to have to really work on developing your ties with each, and making sure that you don't cross some to help others.

Also, Keveak, Rose is here! Please join in when you can!


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Mina Kobold
2013-03-05, 05:21 AM
Yay! I am in the game, time to find that ancient demon and sacrifice your lives Join in on the banter! ^_^

Just a few things before I do so; how would Rose's contact with the school and Dr. Cobb be at this point? Would they believe Rose missing, been given a cover story by Ash or would Rose just be pretending nothing new has happened? :smallsmile:

Oh, and how much has Rose been shown and taught? I don't want to accidentally make Rose display unknown knowledge. ^_^'

Socratov
2013-03-05, 07:30 AM
Yay! I am in the game, time to find that ancient demon and sacrifice your lives Join in on the banter! ^_^

Just a few things before I do so; how would Rose's contact with the school and Dr. Cobb be at this point? Would they believe Rose missing, been given a cover story by Ash or would Rose just be pretending nothing new has happened? :smallsmile:

Oh, and how much has Rose been shown and taught? I don't want to accidentally make Rose display unknown knowledge. ^_^'

I'd say anything but the tribe stuff I guess (considering you probably have nicer and more willing teachers then Martin)...

SiuiS
2013-03-05, 12:11 PM
Yay! Back in the swing! :3

Phee, have you thought about Kamau's being able to get the Blood gift while in the hospital?

Absol197
2013-03-05, 11:57 PM
Yay! Back in the swing! :3

Phee, have you thought about Kamau's being able to get the Blood gift while in the hospital?

I hadn't, sorry :smallredface: . I guess it's fine, especially because you got some...extra XP for your misadventures in your prologue.


Yay! I am in the game, time to find that ancient demon and sacrifice your lives Join in on the banter! ^_^

Just a few things before I do so; how would Rose's contact with the school and Dr. Cobb be at this point? Would they believe Rose missing, been given a cover story by Ash or would Rose just be pretending nothing new has happened? :smallsmile:

Oh, and how much has Rose been shown and taught? I don't want to accidentally make Rose display unknown knowledge. ^_^'

That's actually up to Rose. As you're about to find out in my next prologue post, Ash is all about choice, so Rose has the choice to try and keep up appearances, or to just fall off the map, if she likes (although if she does, she'll likely have to move again, as the school will no longer pay for her room).

As for what information she has, Ash and her pack are very good teachers, and so you will have all generally available information. Anything found in the first couple chapters of the book is fair game (general descriptions of auspices, tribes, the Oath of the Moon, spirits, etc.). Anything too in depth maybe ask here first, or you can attempt a roll to see if Rose knows it yet (likely Int + Occult, but you might substitute a different skill depending on what you're wanting to know). Is that a good enough starting off point?


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

SiuiS
2013-03-06, 01:28 PM
I hadn't, sorry :smallredface: .

No worries! I figured you may have missed it, but I wished to remind you, not chastise you :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2013-03-06, 03:17 PM
I hadn't, sorry :smallredface: . I guess it's fine, especially because you got some...extra XP for your misadventures in your prologue.



That's actually up to Rose. As you're about to find out in my next prologue post, Ash is all about choice, so Rose has the choice to try and keep up appearances, or to just fall off the map, if she likes (although if she does, she'll likely have to move again, as the school will no longer pay for her room).

As for what information she has, Ash and her pack are very good teachers, and so you will have all generally available information. Anything found in the first couple chapters of the book is fair game (general descriptions of auspices, tribes, the Oath of the Moon, spirits, etc.). Anything too in depth maybe ask here first, or you can attempt a roll to see if Rose knows it yet (likely Int + Occult, but you might substitute a different skill depending on what you're wanting to know). Is that a good enough starting off point?


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Yay! Choices! ^_^

...Oh goodness, choices! O_O

That is certainly a good enough starting point. I will most likely stick to the basics, have Rose focus more on the big lines and the "Wait, does that mean the closet was possessed by a panda?" realisations at first, so hopefully I will not need to roll too much and clog up the threads! :smallsmile:

Socratov
2013-03-11, 08:06 AM
I just thought about it: Martin may have the least knowledge of The First Tongue since de daggers wouldn't teach him much, as well as other stuff. This might not be ideal when Martin is supposed to negociate with spirits... for example when the pack wants to negociate with a spirit for a Totem...

SiuiS
2013-03-11, 09:17 AM
I just thought about it: Martin may have the least knowledge of The First Tongue since de daggers wouldn't teach him much, as well as other stuff. This might not be ideal when Martin is supposed to negociate with spirits... for example when the pack wants to negociate with a spirit for a Totem...

I think we will be fine for totems. The whole pack would need to engage one, I think.

For the rest, well. Always negotiate in Urhan? The ONLY language you can speak as a wolf is First Tongue.

Or negotiate form the war form. "You have until I lose control to comply with my demands."

Socratov
2013-03-11, 09:29 AM
I think we will be fine for totems. The whole pack would need to engage one, I think.

For the rest, well. Always negotiate in Urhan? The ONLY language you can speak as a wolf is First Tongue.

Or negotiate form the war form. "You have until I lose control to comply with my demands."

That could potentially wreck the campaign and allow for some seriously funny situations, quite possibly simultaneously (You have 3 seconds to pass me the salt until I lose my cool!). But it's more like Martin hasn't really gotten further then basic terms in First Tongue (so Martin wouldn't ask questions while running around in Urhan), shapeshifting, healing through essence (quite nice with Bowie present) and sharing the scent ritual. Though one could argue that Martin certainly knows how to take a beating :smallamused:

SiuiS
2013-03-11, 09:56 AM
Ah, you misunderstand. Talking in Urhan is ALWAYS first tongue. You do have a choice.

Consider, the gadding catch-and-release, a spirit of sport fishing in polluted rivers, is a large mouth bass who floats upside down, leaking blood and mercury through the wounds of hundreds of fishing hooks. His voice sounds like the chiffon of an outboard motor, the flopping of scaly skin on a dock, the opening of a beer can and the screams of a drowning drunkard, but it still translates tidiest tongue.

A Helion is a chunk of flame, which crackles, hisses, and pops. It's sounds are still first tongue.

How then is a spirit wolf growling, tipping, barking and snarling not also first tongue? It is less a language and more a shared phenomenon. Being able to communicate with spirits is a passive numb all spirits and Uratha possess, no matter their vocal apparatus. Learning first tongue "officially" just makes you look good when using it.

Socratov
2013-03-11, 10:00 AM
Ah, you misunderstand. Talking in Urhan is ALWAYS first tongue. You do have a choice.

Consider, the gadding catch-and-release, a spirit of sport fishing in polluted rivers, is a large mouth bass who floats upside down, leaking blood and mercury through the wounds of hundreds of fishing hooks. His voice sounds like the chiffon of an outboard motor, the flopping of scaly skin on a dock, the opening of a beer can and the screams of a drowning drunkard, but it still translates tidiest tongue.

A Helion is a chunk of flame, which crackles, hisses, and pops. It's sounds are still first tongue.

How then is a spirit wolf growling, tipping, barking and snarling not also first tongue? It is less a language and more a shared phenomenon. Being able to communicate with spirits is a passive numb all spirits and Uratha possess, no matter their vocal apparatus. Learning first tongue "officially" just makes you look good when using it.

Ah, however, looking good while doing just that is what a diplomat is supposed to do :smallannoyed:

Mina Kobold
2013-03-11, 01:41 PM
I think we will be fine for totems. The whole pack would need to engage one, I think.

For the rest, well. Always negotiate in Urhan? The ONLY language you can speak as a wolf is First Tongue.

Or negotiate form the war form. "You have until I lose control to comply with my demands."

According to page 173 in Werewolf: The Forsaken (section about Urhan), that would not work very well:

[Quote=Werewolf: The Forsaken]Werewolves in Urhan form are incapable of human speech but can use the First Tongue somewhat (Anything more complex than "Follow me" or "Danger ahead" requires a successful Manipulation + Expression roll.) They may also use "wolf-speak" to communicate basic concepts with one another[Quote]

It seems, at least to me, that Urhan simply makes any human language unpronounceable, but allows some First Tongue usage. The chapter also mentions that one can communicate (albeit clumsily without practice) with regular wolves, though, so it does add to that. :3

Apologies for being all quoting-the-ruly-scriptures, I just fell over it earlier when looking for info on shape-shifting and clothing. ^_^'

On the note of Martin: Perhaps other characters could act as translators? Rose certainly has some capabilities with the First Tongue, and it would fit that the Elodoth relies on the skills of those further along either axis while being a balancer in person. :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2013-03-11, 02:00 PM
According to page 173 in Werewolf: The Forsaken (section about Urhan), that would not work very well:


Werewolves in Urhan form are incapable of human speech but can use the First Tongue somewhat (Anything more complex than "Follow me" or "Danger ahead" requires a successful Manipulation + Expression roll.) They may also use "wolf-speak" to communicate basic concepts with one another

It seems, at least to me, that Urhan simply makes any human language unpronounceable, but allows some First Tongue usage. The chapter also mentions that one can communicate (albeit clumsily without practice) with regular wolves, though, so it does add to that. :3

Apologies for being all quoting-the-ruly-scriptures, I just fell over it earlier when looking for info on shape-shifting and clothing. ^_^'

On the note of Martin: Perhaps other characters could act as translators? Rose certainly has some capabilities with the First Tongue, and it would fit that the Elodoth relies on the skills of those further along either axis while being a balancer in person. :smallsmile:

Oh, thank you. Direct quotes are good.

I think that this, while technically different, supports my point. Personally? I think there is a lot that can be conveyed with few words. But then again, I have a high expression so maybe not?

Mina Kobold
2013-03-11, 02:49 PM
Oh, thank you. Direct quotes are good.

I think that this, while technically different, supports my point. Personally? I think there is a lot that can be conveyed with few words. But then again, I have a high expression so maybe not?

Yay! ^_^

While that is true, I am pretty sure that Urhan does not grant extra vocabulary, meaning that Urhan has a lessened capability for First Tongue compared to other forms. I may be wrong, though, but gaining and losing vocabulary seems a bit weird. ^_^'

SiuiS
2013-03-11, 04:02 PM
Yay! ^_^

While that is true, I am pretty sure that Urhan does not grant extra vocabulary, meaning that Urhan has a lessened capability for First Tongue compared to other forms. I may be wrong, though, but gaining and losing vocabulary seems a bit weird. ^_^'

Not vocabulary, enunciation. I could growl. This is a thing my human mouth is capable of, mostly. I can growl in a playful manner, as well as fearful, angry and warningly. A canine can growl with much more inflection.

Reverse that; the urhan's mouth and vocal apparatus can approximate enough, basic concepts, danger, follow, stay, yield, fight, friend, lustiness. It's not vocabulary, it's understanding. The parts of first rogue that are relatable easit are instinctual, was my point. You can learn to be more nuanced, but you can also learn to have more nuanced instincts. You'll notice that it doesn't sy they know only basic concepts. It says they can only convey limited info at a time.

Absol197
2013-03-11, 07:56 PM
Here she comes, to save the daaaaay! Mighty-ST is on the waay!


So, on the point of First Tongue, it might not be 100% book-accurate, but here's my ruling: human languages are sort of the opposite of the First Tongue, so the form in which you can best speak human languages (Hishu) is the one in which you can't speak First Tongue, and the form in which you can speak in First Tongue best (Urhan) is the one in which you can't speak human languages at all (although it's pretty hard to say more than a single intelligable word in a human langauge in the Urshul, as well).

All Uratha can understand First Tongue, and speak some basics (think of it like a native English speaker who never learned any French going to France - they can speak some key phrases, but they're clumsy, mispronounce things, and can only really speak in canned phrases). You have to learn how to speak First Tongue, but it's just like any other language once you do. Which is why I've been basically writing it like fluent English: the characters who can speak it are actually fluent in it!

But SiuiS is right, it does sound like the normal, feral sounds that a spirit/Uratha would be expected to make.

Does that sound good to everybody?


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

P.S. Also, in case you didn't notice, I posted earlier this weekend :smalltongue: .

Mina Kobold
2013-03-14, 03:49 AM
P.S. Also, in case you didn't notice, I posted earlier this weekend :smalltongue: .

~Tiara-Wearing ST~

I did notice, sorry. Been really busy with my project on the Stonewall Riots (So little time, so much fascinating information! D:) and kind of did not get around to posting. Sorries! I will post as soon as possible and make up for it! >_<

Again, apologies for busyness. m(_ _)m

Mina Kobold
2013-03-21, 02:41 PM
Acks, forgot to post this before. Sorrysorrysorry! >_<

Gunnar, I'll be replying soon, just two things:

A) I don't think Rose and Falling Ash's pack have actually walked down to the fires yet, though I presume they could have, if the Glorious Tiara-Wearing Storyteller allows. :smallsmile:

Bonobo) What form is Byörn in? Not much relevance, but useful for writing my post. ^_^

Keveak down and away! *Digs*

gunnar11
2013-03-21, 06:58 PM
Acks, forgot to post this before. Sorrysorrysorry! >_<

Gunnar, I'll be replying soon, just two things:

A) I don't think Rose and Falling Ash's pack have actually walked down to the fires yet, though I presume they could have, if the Glorious Tiara-Wearing Storyteller allows. :smallsmile:

Bonobo) What form is Byörn in? Not much relevance, but useful for writing my post. ^_^

Keveak down and away! *Digs*

A) sorry, I assumed. Does something happ in between?
B) bonobo is a great artist. As for byörn, he's in wolfy-mode right now (did it not say in my post?)

Mina Kobold
2013-03-23, 11:53 AM
A) sorry, I assumed. Does something happ in between?
B) bonobo is a great artist. As for byörn, he's in wolfy-mode right now (did it not say in my post?)

A) I do not think anything will happen, but I can only speak for Rose. Phee is the one who decides if Fallen Ash wish to even go to a fire and I don't want to try to control Storyteller characters, usually gets me afflicted with an ancient curse of tap-dancing. ^_^'

B) Sorry! It said wolf, but I was not sure if that meant Byörn was in Urhan or if it was just referring to Byörn being a werewolf. :smallredface:

Absol197
2013-03-25, 08:00 PM
:smallsigh: I'm sorry for all the delays again. I've posted once more, and I'm going to try to get the full ungin going soon. Kamau just needs to get himself fixed up first :smallsmile: .

Also, I'll try to be more on-the-ball this week: I've got less phone time at work, so I should have more mental energy to spare for Werewolfery :smallsmile: .

And Gunnar, I know technically Ash's pack hadn't "made it" to the pyre yet, but don't worry about getting a little ahead - I've been slow, so it's alright. And I'll always try to mold what I write to anyone who makes it past me a little bit, anyway (as long as it's not too out there).


~Tiara-Wearing ST~

Mina Kobold
2013-04-06, 10:32 AM
A bit of a silly reason to not be posting, but I am a bit unsure as to whom Martin is talking to, Socratov. Is it Rose? ^_^'

Speaking of, I need to do more art about this game, so many ideas. But also ideas about silly animals and fanart... To the TARDIS! X3

Absol197
2013-04-06, 11:59 PM
I get very tired of saying this, but I'm sorry I haven't been posting often, and I'll try to pick it up in the future.

I was in a pretty bad spot last weekend/week, and now that I've pulled out of it, I'll get back to the game.

I see that you've been going without me, though, so that's good!


~Rusty tiara-wearing ST~

Socratov
2013-04-07, 08:23 AM
A bit of a silly reason to not be posting, but I am a bit unsure as to whom Martin is talking to, Socratov. Is it Rose? ^_^'

Speaking of, I need to do more art about this game, so many ideas. But also ideas about silly animals and fanart... To the TARDIS! X3

Why yes, Martin is :smallamused:

SiuiS
2013-04-07, 09:17 AM
While Kamau and Captain Caveman have their awkward bromance moment XD.

Socratov
2013-04-11, 06:15 AM
I'd like to add that Martin has striking good looks and is a barfly, just for future communications/jealouzy :smallwink: (both fun merits)

Mina Kobold
2013-04-11, 01:08 PM
I get very tired of saying this, but I'm sorry I haven't been posting often, and I'll try to pick it up in the future.

I was in a pretty bad spot last weekend/week, and now that I've pulled out of it, I'll get back to the game.

I see that you've been going without me, though, so that's good!


~Rusty tiara-wearing ST~

No need to be sorry, we can all have things that get in the way and your well-being is far more important than updating fast. :smallsmile:

Plus, as you may have noticed, I have been a teensy bit distracted too. ^_^'


Why yes, Martin is :smallamused:

Yays! Then I shall respond as soon as I can. Unfortunately, that may be next week, as I will be on a school trip to Paris from tomorrow till Monday. Sorries! >_<

SiuiS
2013-05-02, 06:32 AM
Do we have a timeframe on an update?

Mina Kobold
2013-05-03, 11:07 AM
None that I know of, but I am sure that Phee will be well soon enough. :smallsmile:

We could try to continue the scenes we have for the moment, though. Rose and Martin's scene certainly has much potential for further awkwardness. :3

SiuiS
2013-05-03, 12:28 PM
I would, but I and half the pack are locked into other social endeavors. >_<

Socratov
2013-05-06, 05:53 AM
None that I know of, but I am sure that Phee will be well soon enough. :smallsmile:

We could try to continue the scenes we have for the moment, though. Rose and Martin's scene certainly has much potential for further awkwardness. :3

Indeed it does...

Socratov
2013-05-15, 06:11 AM
So, ehm, anybody still playing/alive?

gunnar11
2013-05-15, 06:12 AM
I am.

And it's my birthday.
The present that I want is that you all come back and play this RPG with me!
:smallmad::smallbiggrin:

Socratov
2013-05-15, 06:23 AM
I am.

And it's my birthday.
The present that I want is that you all come back and play this RPG with me!
:smallmad::smallbiggrin:

happy birthday then :smallbiggrin: anyway, I'm here...

SiuiS
2013-05-15, 09:14 AM
I'm here. Life happens though. Phoenix is pretty busy, what with an actual career and all. Give her time!

Mina Kobold
2013-05-15, 12:38 PM
I am.

And it's my birthday.
The present that I want is that you all come back and play this RPG with me!
:smallmad::smallbiggrin:

Happy hatching hour! I got you an RPG post! It was not with your character, but it had an anti-climactic moment! X3

In other news, I sure hope Falling Ash brought a change of clothing for them or that there are some available at the Ungin, or else communication might get a bit awkward. ^_^'

SiuiS
2013-05-15, 02:00 PM
An interesting story point, actually. Kamau has a large, baggy sweater he doesn't need. Cue pre-pack bonding moment?

Socratov
2013-05-22, 08:13 AM
Keveak: I thought the embarrassment wasn't really worth it... There will be more then enough potential situations for comedy in the coming story :smallamused:

Mina Kobold
2013-05-22, 10:57 AM
As interesting as it could be, Rose would probably stay in Wolf-form rather than walk around in nothing but a sweater. It's an Ungin, so Rose has little reason to need to be on two legs. I was referring to the awkwardness of not being able to speak to at least one of the other newcomers. ^_^'

Now, if it was needed, there is that handy skill at staring at people until they give you their pants that Rose may use. :smalltongue:

Socratov
2013-06-03, 09:01 AM
Helloooo *echoes*

anybody home?

*more echoes*

SiuiS
2013-06-03, 09:05 AM
*unfurls wings from the ceiling, screeches above human register, and gets tangled in Socratov's hair*

Mina Kobold
2013-06-03, 09:32 AM
*Peeks up from a pile of rubble and cleaned bones, staring hungrily at Socratov*

Soc!

*Glomps*

I'm here, I've been a bit split about whether to post again or whether to hope someone else would also be around. Now you did, so yay! ^_^

I hope Phee is doing all right and not super-stressful-no-time-for-fun-like.

Socratov
2013-06-03, 09:58 AM
*tickles Siuis out of his hair*

there, there, now let's not mess my hair up, I just combed into submission...

*hugs Keveak*

yeah, well, Martin can't really do much for now with jaci in the spiritworld and Kamau with an elder and the rest allready spoken with. Besides, the time should be nigh :smallamused:

Absol197
2013-06-05, 10:24 PM
:smallfrown:

I'm really sorry, guys. I really am. I tried my best, but my new job just doesn't leave me with any time or mental energy to run this thing anymore. I could keep trying, but my current rate (one post every other week or so) is looking like that's as good as it's going to get. If you're okay with that, I can try to continue, but otherwise, we may have to call it.

I will save everything related to the game to my computer, though, and if a time comes up soon where I feel like I can get back into the swing of things more easily, I'll send you all a PM to get it started again.

I'm really sorry...I was so excited, and I loved all the characters you all made, and all the ones I made...But my old job afforded me the time and energy, but I couldn't foresee this one when we started.

Sorry again...


~De-crowned ST~

SiuiS
2013-06-06, 01:10 AM
:smallfrown:

I'm really sorry, guys. I really am. I tried my best, but my new job just doesn't leave me with any time or mental energy to run this thing anymore. I could keep trying, but my current rate (one post every other week or so) is looking like that's as good as it's going to get. If you're okay with that, I can try to continue, but otherwise, we may have to call it.

I will save everything related to the game to my computer, though, and if a time comes up soon where I feel like I can get back into the swing of things more easily, I'll send you all a PM to get it started again.

I'm really sorry...I was so excited, and I loved all the characters you all made, and all the ones I made...But my old job afforded me the time and energy, but I couldn't foresee this one when we started.

Sorry again...

Well, it's not my usual view but... I suppose better a clean death, with a promise, than a slow strangle that drains you, Phee. I think the one/week pace is fine, but I don't think you could handle it right now. The stress would wear you away to nothing.



~De-crowned ST~

Hey, none of that!


[I]~Tiara-Wearing Phoenix~

That's better.

Mina Kobold
2013-06-06, 02:34 AM
I don't mind a weekly update schedule either, but you don't have to stress yourself out for our sake, Phee. If your job takes up too much time and energy to run a silly game with us for now, that is more than all right. :smallsmile:

Besides, I ran a game that went on hiatus for nearly half a year, if my memory serves me correctly. Would be a bit goofy of me not to be able to let an amazing ST focus on real life for as long as she wants. ^_^'


And definitively no de-crowning! That tiara is yours, and a promise that we will be here if you ever want to play with us again! :smallsmile:

gunnar11
2013-06-07, 08:37 AM
I'm okay with whichever. The only thing I don't want is for this game to end. It seemed like a lot of fun.

Absol197
2013-06-09, 11:29 PM
Thanks, guys and gals :smallsmile: .

I actually think I'll be able to pick it back up, hopefully with a 1-2 post-per-week frequency. We'll see. I'll try for tomorrow (Monday) evening and see what happens.

*Hugs!*

Socratov
2013-06-10, 03:27 AM
Thanks, guys and gals :smallsmile: .

I actually think I'll be able to pick it back up, hopefully with a 1-2 post-per-week frequency. We'll see. I'll try for tomorrow (Monday) evening and see what happens.

*Hugs!*

Good, that's all we need, ifyou can give it to us that easily :smallwink:

I admit I've been busy as well (exams and such), It's jsut that I wondered why it was so silent for mroe then a week and maybe some poeple have forgotten about the game. The fact that you are busy doesn't mean the game can't move forward (or at least progress a little since right now we're waiting for the ungin to begin and filling time). I have the feeling about 2 of us are proactive in this regard, and I'd merely tried to get everyone's attention on the game and maybe go around wandering around fo rhte other players as well...

anyway, *hugs* back and take your time, it could even be small posts if you only have a couple of minutes...

Mina Kobold
2013-06-10, 04:10 AM
Thanks, guys and gals :smallsmile: .

I actually think I'll be able to pick it back up, hopefully with a 1-2 post-per-week frequency. We'll see. I'll try for tomorrow (Monday) evening and see what happens.

*Hugs!*

Thank you as well. ^_^

*Returns hug*

Try whenever you feel you can, we won't go anywhere. Except maybe to wherever our new territory is assigned when the Ungin finishes, because just staying at the Ungin spot would get really awkward. X3

Socratov
2013-07-02, 02:34 AM
So, couln't resist posting something :smallredface:

SiuiS
2013-07-02, 09:24 PM
So, couln't resist posting something :smallredface:

is all good. We are still rolling along, ater all.

Mina Kobold
2013-07-15, 05:46 AM
Speaking of rolling and longing; how are things looking on Phee's end? I hope it is just busyness, but I get periodically worried whenever someone talks about something happening soon and then being gone. Hopefully, not vampires. Eep. ._.

SiuiS
2013-07-15, 06:12 AM
Stress emotion roller coaster I surmise.