PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my disarm

Gerrtt
2012-11-19, 07:21 PM
Doing some number crunching...and I was wondering if there are any feats one might use that would really take disarm up to 11.

I mean, other than Improved disarm of course.

Piggy Knowles
2012-11-19, 08:34 PM
Exotic Weapon Proficiency for a gnoll flindbar gives you a weapon that grants a free disarm check on a critical hit. Martial Study (Disarming Strike) gives you the disarming strike maneuver, which lets you combine an attack and a disarm.

Both of those are nice options because you're combining a disarm with an attack, rather than spending an action just to disarm.

If you've got essentia, Cobolt Expertise lets you invest essentia to give yourself a bonus on a number of checks, including disarms.

Also, since disarming is an opposed roll, anything that boosts your attack roll (like, say, a quickened true strike) will boost your disarming attempts.

Person_Man
2012-11-19, 09:30 PM
Snatch Weapon: If you succeed in disarming an opponent and you have a free hand, you can grab the weapon instead of letting it fall, and make a free attack. Works best with multiple arms and Multiweapon Fighting, so you can still make a 2 handed disarm and then snatch their weapon without major penalties. Champions of Ruin.

You can use Sleight of Hand to take unattended objects (as a Free Action, if your check is high enough). This includes quivers, backup weapons, magic component pouches, holy symbols, potions, etc.

Also, any Stun effect (which you can get from many different sources) will Disarm an enemy. So in most cases, you should not waste the 3 Feats that it takes to get Combat Expertise -> Improved Disarm -> Snatch Weapon. The exception would be if you're playing a mostly urban/humanoid/gladiator campaign.

Gerrtt
2012-11-20, 10:07 AM
Where can one pick up Martial Study: Disarming Strike? I assume ToB?

I don't think I want to go the Snatch Weapon route because the character in question only has two hands and is using a two handed weapon.