PDA

View Full Version : 3.5: Poke-Nerds Play D&D

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-19, 08:26 PM
The sky has been slowly darkening all day, and the smell of rain has been thick in the air. Now it has finally begun to fall, accompanied by loud peals of thunder that seem to roll across the landscape. The sun is hidden behind massive stormclouds, and a cold wind blows from the north. As bolts of lightning begin to slam from cloud to ground and pieces of hail begin to strike the earth, the need for shelter becomes obvious. Ahead in the distance, a large tor rises from the
ground, its form illuminated by the occasional lightning bolt. It seems rocky and solid, and though climbing it in this weather would be folly, it might have some outcropping that would provide safety from the storm. The only alternative
is to endure the weather.

Why you wonder these rolling hills is your own business, but soon you must find shelter. The rain quickly soaks through your outer clothes.

Arcran
2012-11-19, 08:39 PM
Roth looks around at the downpour, sighing in disappointment. It was a new shirt too. He starts to look for something closer than the hill before Spinel speaks up.

Roth. No time for thinking, just go.

Roth doesn't argue, striding forward into the rain, silently trudging towards the hill.

DIBS

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-19, 08:51 PM
Grayvenn just smirks up at the rain and spurs his horse. "Come, Rainbow Dash." He knew from experience that it was best not to test nature when she was in a foul mood. He was just glad he had bought a tent.

Esprit15
2012-11-19, 09:19 PM
Bleh, cold. Cold was fine. It was the rain and wind together that made it unbearable. Hopefully there was someone else living out here. Maybe a crazy old mountain man or something. "If so, best make nice. Might need to mooch a bit of shelter." The weather was supposed to be sunny and clear today. Bull. He picks up his walking pace towards the hill.

Cormag81
2012-11-19, 09:43 PM
Plip-plop. The sound of the first raindrops hitting the hood of his cloak snaps Thanatos out of his remincant mood and forces him to check his surroundings for shelter, seeing that he is not 50 yards from a alcove in the side of a large tor he heads over and lays out his bedroll. once his bed is mad he heads back out into the storm to attempt to gather some firewood before it gets to wet to burn.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-19, 10:56 PM
Grayvenn

Rainbow Dash races through the torrent, up the tor. The massive tor towers above the surrounding country. A few narrow ledges offer scant protection from the elements, but a closer inspection reveals a massive, arched entryway at least 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide, set into the side of the hill. The ground just outside it slopes away from the doorway, directing the falling water out and away. Given this fact and the sturdy nature of the hill, whatever space lies beyond the door should be both dry and safe from lightning and hail. The
construction seems quite sturdy, so the likelihood of collapse, even in severe conditions such as these, is remote.

You arrive first, due to having a horsey. Everyone else will arrive a bit later.

Thanatos

Getting close to the alcove you thought you saw, you quickly find out it was a trick of the light. There is no alcove. However you notice a large opening into the tor a little ways further down.

You'll arrive after Irn

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-20, 04:45 AM
He dismounts off his horse and removes his everburning torch. He then leads Dash on foot up to the inside of of the archway, taking a look inside for shelter.

Cormag81
2012-11-20, 07:44 PM
"drat. I need to find cover somewhere." Thanatos re-shoulders his bedroll and pack and keeps moving up to the top of he for Thanatos sees another weary traveler and his horse and begins to move toward him.

Eshkigal
2012-11-20, 07:58 PM
Roth, you finally get close enough to see something unusual on the hill. There seems to be a light source out there, and it might be near shelter.

Meanwhile, Ianben manages to see hope! Beyond the rocks, there seems to be a horse in the distance, entering into something. Maybe a cave?

Arcran
2012-11-20, 08:01 PM
Roth, you finally get close enough to see something unusual on the hill. There seems to be a light source out there, and it might be near shelter.

Almost there little buddy, Roth says in his mind to Spinel, dashing through the rain as fast as he can, hoping the chill wouldn't ruin any of his gear. He makes a beeline for the light.

Esprit15
2012-11-20, 08:21 PM
A horse? Odd that it would be here alone. Unless it had an owner. More importantly, it was entering somewhere, hopefully somewhere dry. He walks briskly towards the opening. "Hey! Someone out there?"

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-21, 11:42 AM
Grayvenn

Your torch provides enough light to peer into the cave, revealing its interior. The stone chamber beyond the entrance measures at least ten paces square. Peeling paint and broken scrollwork suggest that it was once decorated with some care, but now only dust remains. Three massive stone doors—one each to the left and right, and one directly across from the entrance—lead deeper into the tor.

Moments after you entered the interior, a rather dreary looking man in a cape and hood enters the entrance behind you. Before either of you can say a thing, two individuals run smack into each other right outside, causing Dash to whiney.

everyone is in the same place, at the same time. Boom, RP.

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-21, 12:12 PM
Grayvenn waves the torch at the new arrivals. Just 'cos he knew it wouldn't burn didn't mean they did. He moves between them and Dash. A horse was a travellers life.

'The storm?' he asked.

Cormag81
2012-11-21, 12:46 PM
"Calm down friend. I can't speak for them," Thanatos waves at the two at the door "but personally I'm not interested in anything more then a safe place to wait out the storm." Thantos then walks past greyvann and begins studying the deteriorated writing on the walls. All the while freeing the shield on his back and readying his sword.

Arcran
2012-11-21, 12:47 PM
Fire! Fire bad!

Roth starts at the torch, hand going to the hilt of his crossbow.

"Storm truce?" he says simply, looking at the three travelers.

Ready an Action to draw the crossbow? Can you do that?

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 02:27 PM
Ianben pushes the not actually burning torch out of his face. "Relax, I just want to get out of this rain, like everyone else, assumeably." He looks at the people all reaching for weapons and pulls his hood off, showing his face. "Honestly, you run into people hiding from a storm in a cave and your first actions are to get ready to fight? We're you raised by savages of something?"

Arcran
2012-11-21, 02:46 PM
Ianben pushes the not actually burning torch out of his face. "Relax, I just want to get out of this rain, like everyone else, assumeably." He looks at the people all reaching for weapons and pulls his hood off, showing his face. "Honestly, you run into people hiding from a storm in a cave and your first actions are to get ready to fight? We're you raised by savages of something?"

"Yes," Roth says simply, staring the man in the eye.

"So do we have a truce? At least until the rain ends?"

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 03:00 PM
"I'd altogether rather not fight at all, but yes, truce, I guess." Normally a truce is meant to stop an ongoing fight, but terminology wasn't important currently.

Cormag81
2012-11-21, 03:11 PM
Thanatos shifts his shield off his back, onto his arm, then to the floor. He turns around keeping his hand away from his sword. "Who's drawing weapons I'm just attempting to find the best place to sleep since it doesn't look like this storm will pass anytime soon. As far as a truce goes I'm for anything that helps us survive the night. Who knows what's behind those doors and the more capable fighters we have available the better. We obviously are not the first people to discover this place." he says, waving at the decorations on the walls.

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-21, 03:19 PM
Gray backs off a little. 'Don't mess with my horse and we'll get along fine.' He moves over to the doors. 'The swordsman is right. We should check out the doors. If something is behind them, waiting to eat me, I'd rather know about it that not.'

Arcran
2012-11-21, 03:47 PM
Roth unconciously grabs his necklace. Spinel probably could easily check it out; he was small enough to check it out. Despite storm truce, Roth doesn't trust them. Best to not reveal all his tricks.

He simply nods at the horseman; he didn't plan on touching it anyways.

"Anyone have some dry wood? We could use a fire. Wouldn't want to catch a cold."

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 03:51 PM
"I have no interest in your horse, so we should be fine." Ianben dries off his hair and shakes his cloak dry. Kind of dry. Still unpleasantly damp. "Well I'd like some dry clothes, and there isn't much chance of finding any dry wood out there. Someone lived here, hopefully there were some stores of supplies. Anyone mind helping me find some wood?" He pulls his scythe off his back (slowly, making sure to not look threatening) and motions to the door to the left.

Arcran
2012-11-21, 03:54 PM
"I have no interest in your horse, so we should be fine." Ianben dries off his hair and shakes his cloak dry. Kind of dry. Still unpleasantly damp. "Well I'd like some dry clothes, and there isn't much chance of finding any dry wood out there. Someone lived here, hopefully there were some stores of supplies. Anyone mind helping me find some wood?" He pulls his scythe off his back (slowly, making sure to not look threatening) and motions to the door to the left.

Roth looks at the newcomer, drawing his crossbow as well.

"I will help."

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-21, 05:38 PM
'Careful. Better check these doors over for traps. Ruins have a nasty habit of being trapped.' Grayvenn stands spear length form the door and gives it a quick look over, trying to spot anything untoward about it.

[roll0]

Arcran
2012-11-21, 06:14 PM
Roth hears the advice, searching for anything that could possibly indicate a trap.

Search: [roll0]

Arcran
2012-11-21, 07:15 PM
Using Spinel as a focus, Roth also tries to see if he can spot anything.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-11-21, 07:26 PM
None of you can spot a trap, though these doors are thick and have good locks upon them. Roth, still close to the entrance, notes the shards of a giant, round stone scattered around the front, scorch marks dotting them. Lightning from a storm weeks ago apparently shattered a great stone in front of the opening.

There is a resounding crash of thunder, and there's panicked squeaking. The sounds of claws on stone are getting closer.

Arcran
2012-11-21, 07:39 PM
None of you can spot a trap, though these doors are thick and have good locks upon them. Roth, still close to the entrance, notes the shards of a giant, round stone scattered around the front, scorch marks dotting them. Lightning from a storm weeks ago apparently shattered a great stone in front of the opening.

There is a resounding crash of thunder, and there's panicked squeaking. The sounds of claws on stone are getting closer.

Roth hears the claws. He'd rather not be stabbed. A big, dumb, meatshield....

"Door's safe. Looks like a rock used to be here. Swordsman, would you do the honors," he says, stepping away from the door, his crossbow held loosely in his hands.

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 07:51 PM
What was that noise. "Guys, did you hear that? Not the squeaking, the other sound. Scraping isn't a normal humanoid sound." Ianben puts both hands on the scythe defensively. They didn't need to know yet about his skills. As far as they were to know, he was just a wizard.

Esprit15
2012-11-21, 08:12 PM
Le requested such-and-such
Initiative: [roll0]
HP: 7/7
AC: 14
*Flat Footed: 12
*Touch: 12

Arcran
2012-11-21, 08:28 PM
Let's go! [roll0]

And AC and stuff:
Touch: 11
Flat-Foot: 9
HP: 7

Cormag81
2012-11-21, 09:42 PM
Thanatos reaches down and recovers his shield. Moveing towards the doors he draws his sword and positions himself between the doors and everyone else "whatever that is I don't think it's friendly prepare yourselves."

Cormag81
2012-11-22, 03:36 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
HP: 13/13
Steely resolve: 0/5
AC: 16
Flatfooted: 15

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-22, 04:48 AM
Init: [roll0]
HP: 11/11
AC: 11
Touch: 9
Flat footed: 11

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-22, 03:31 PM
The squeaking and scratching quickly drowns out the pounding rain and wind outside. Before you can act, the door's burst open as hundreds of rats swarm forward. The hoards of bodies assault Thanatos and Roth, but Thanatos armor protects him from harm. Roth received a nasty bite on the calf. It stinged a bit.

Roth takes 1 damage. Also, Arc. We need your AC (regular) along with flat-footed and Touch.

Arcran
2012-11-22, 03:57 PM
The squeaking and scratching quickly drowns out the pounding rain and wind outside. Before you can act, the door's burst open as hundreds of rats swarm forward. The hoards of bodies assault Thanatos and Roth, but Thanatos armor protects him from harm. Roth received a nasty bite on the calf. It stung a bit.

Roth takes 1 damage. Also, Arc. We need your AC (regular) along with flat-footed and Touch.

Roth grunts in pain at the attack, stepping away, trying to aim his crossbow the best he can as he tries to get away from the rats. He takes aim with the crossbow, firing at one of the incoming groups.

HP: 6/7
PP: 4/4

Five-Foot-Step to AP69! Shoot R3!
Attack: [roll0] Crit 19-20x2
Damage: [roll1] Piercing Damage

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-22, 04:40 PM
'Concentrate behind us. We'll deal with these ones.'

He rushes forward and stabs at the thing with his spear. The skinny ones would be next to useless up close. May as well get them to watch his back. As untrustworthy as they may or may not be, they looked a damn sight better then whatever it was that was attacking them.

Grayvenn steps up to AP70 and stabs at R1.

to hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1] crit x 3, piercing

Dash moves over to stick next to her master.

Dash moves to AL72

MesiDoomstalker
2012-11-22, 05:19 PM
Grayvenn's spear skewers several rats, many stop moving from the sharp point. The rats continue to writhe, lashing out at the nearest thing that moves, which happens to be Thanatos. One lucky rat slips between his armor.

1 point to Thanatos' Steely Resolve

Esprit15
2012-11-22, 05:36 PM
Rats. Good for cleaning a body, bad for...just about anything else. Ianben sees the others in front take care of most of the rats in front and heads over to AN65, slashing at R3 with his scythe.
Scythe
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], Piercing and Slashing
x4 Crit.

Cormag81
2012-11-22, 07:02 PM
Rat's well i guess that makes sence but its strange for them to come out in such numbers. oh well still have to kill them now that they attacked us. regriping his sword and raising his shield he makes final preparations for battle. "Stay behind me!" thanatos shouts. He swings his sword at the rats in front of him before pivoting toward the other two hordes

Swift action: Activate Martial spirit (if it wasnt activated already)
Standard action: Lead the Attack activated and expened on hit
Melee attack: [roll0] against R2
Damage: [roll1]
Roth heals 2hp upon succsesful hit (martial spirit) also if target survives you get +4 bonus to next attacks against it for 1 round (leading the attack)
shifts to AN68 (15 meters to AN67 5 to AN68 I think I did that right)
Steely resolve: 1/5
AC: 16
Flatfooted: 15

Cormag81
2012-11-22, 07:11 PM
Since longsword has crit on 19-20 need to roll crit
AC roll for crit: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-22, 08:38 PM
Grayvenn rushes over to give the lad with the scythe a hand. Seemed to be struggling. Must not be the physical type. He rushes over and stabs at a rat, while Dash rushes over and backs him up.

Grayvenn to AL66
hitting R5
to hit: [roll0], crit x 3
damage: [roll1] piercing

Dash to AK64
hitting R4
to hit: [roll2]
damage: [roll3]

Arcran
2012-11-22, 09:16 PM
Roth takes aim with his crossbow, firing at the far group.

HP: 6/7
PP: 4/4

Move Action to reload! Shoot R7!
Attack: [roll0] Crit 19-20x2
Damage: [roll1] Piercing Damage

Eshkigal
2012-11-25, 01:04 AM
The rodents scurry and dodge most of the attacks, save for the one from Thanatos. His sword swing bisects several easily. The remaining nearby rats nip at Grav, RD, and Ianben, not finding purchase. One pack moves towards the horse, and the other two seem to either be making for an exit, or for the softest looking flesh.

Esprit15
2012-11-25, 01:14 AM
Ianben takes another swing at R3.
AC: [roll0]

Cormag81
2012-11-25, 03:19 AM
Seeing his allies being overrun by the rats Thantos rushes forward to stand beside the horse. He then closes his eyes and raises his sword only to slam it back down.

Roth heals 2hp upon succsesful hit (martial spirit) also if target survives you get +4 bonus to next attacks against it for 1 round (leading the attack)
shifts to AN68 (15 meters to AN67 5 to AN68 I think I did that right)
Staring there Thanatos shifts up two and over two arriving at AL66. activates stone bones against R5
Stone Bones: cost one standard action
Causes one melee attack. upon hit Thanatos gains 5 DR untill his next turn.
[roll0]
[roll]1d8+4[/roll
Upon hit Thanatos removes damage from steely resolve will edit Hp in since it depends on hit.

Cormag81
2012-11-25, 03:24 AM
Yet another crit hit roll. Target is R5
[roll0]
Normal damage: [roll1]
Crit damage: [roll2]

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-25, 11:09 PM
Grayvenn tries to skewer some more while dash continues with her stomping of rats.

Grayvenn attacking R3
to hit:[roll0], crit x 3
damage: [roll1]

Dash using full attack on R6
to hit: [roll4]
damage: [roll5]

Arcran
2012-11-26, 06:52 PM
Roth loads his crossbow once again, firing at a rat, wondering why he even bothers trying to use a weapon.

AC: [roll0] Crit 19-20
Damage: [roll1] Piercing

Move Action: Reload
Targeting R7.

Eshkigal
2012-11-26, 11:08 PM
More rats fall, bleeding on the floor. In response, the rats bite at Rainbow Dash and Ianben, drawing blood (1 HP each).

Arcran
2012-11-26, 11:37 PM
Roth, surprised that he actually managed to hit anything, reloads and fires at the other rat.

Move to reload.
Targeting R8.

Esprit15
2012-11-27, 01:35 AM
"Little vermin!" Ianben stops swinging his scythe and grabs at the rat with one hand, focusing on draining the life from it.
Charrnal Touch
Touch attack AC: [roll0]

Cormag81
2012-11-27, 01:45 AM
Thanatos steps forward between the horse and the man with a scythe. He brings his sword down on one of the few remaining rats yelling, "It's time we finished this."

Moves one unit up and activates crusaders strike targeting R4
Upon hit iaben heals for two Hp (martial spirit) and rainbow dash heals for [roll2] (crusaders strike)

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-27, 11:19 AM
Dash the Rat Slayer continues her work, while Grayvenn keeps poking at stuff.

Grayvenn stabs at R3
to hit:[roll0], crit x 3
damage: [roll1]

Dash to AK 67, stomping on R8

Eshkigal
2012-11-27, 09:55 PM
At last, the final rodent falls, the life crushed out of them by RD's mighty hooves. The door to the right is now open, and no sounds currently come from it.

Arcran
2012-11-27, 10:05 PM
Jakob, silent as ever, goes to see if any of his bolts survived the attack.

Esprit15
2012-11-27, 10:32 PM
Ianben looks over the bite mark. Don't want that to fester... He runs his hand over the wound. The flesh knits itself back together.
Regardless of whether Cor's healing was working before, Ianben is healed now.
The half-human looks around at the group. "Well. Let's avoid letting something like that happen again." He peers into the now open doorway.

IrnBruAddict
2012-11-27, 10:49 PM
Grayvenn looks over the rats, see if they might be edible or if they were too diseased. Hey, meat was meat, no point letting it go to waste if it was edible.

survival:
[roll0]

Cormag81
2012-11-27, 11:17 PM
Thanatos examines the area now full of dead rodents. Saying a brief prayer for there untimely demise before turning to the next room "I think our best course of action would be to check this next room for supplies. Just to be safe i think we should stay together; rats can't live without food so something else must live here.I really wouldn't want to meet it alone and I don't think anyone else here would be to keen on it either"

Eshkigal
2012-11-29, 09:24 PM
Roth, two bolts survived this fight. Meanwhile, the rodents are very notably not safe for consumption, as you find telltale traits of a poison that certain mushrooms in the region show in rats. The rodents have built up a strong resistance to it, but it makes them unsafe to eat by other animals, with symptoms that, while nonfatal, are not exactly pleasant.

Esprit15
2012-11-29, 09:53 PM
Ianben calls back to the humans. "Hey, there's another room down this way I think."

Arcran
2012-11-29, 10:04 PM
Roth takes his bolts, glad that a few survived the fight. He also reloads his crossbow, anticipating another attack soon.

He follows the man with the scythe.

Cormag81
2012-11-30, 02:19 AM
Thantos resheaths his sword but leaves his shield strapped to his arm. He then runs after the sythe wielding man. "Hey let me go first no offence but you don't really look equipped to walk face first into whatever's behind that door."

Arcran
2012-11-30, 02:54 AM
Thantos resheaths his sword but leaves his shield strapped to his arm. He then runs after the sythe wielding man. "Hey let me go first no offence but you don't really look equipped to walk face first into whatever's behind that door."

"What door? The rats knocked it over," Roth says, rolling his eyes. Stupid and blind. Great.

Esprit15
2012-11-30, 03:34 AM
Ianben looks at the snippy man with the crossbow. De-escalate the situation before it can escalate. "Ah, perhaps the man meant the word door as in 'doorway?' Sort of how even if a door is open or non-existent, one might say 'Oh, Richter is at the door.' It's not an altogether uncommon phrasing." He looks over the man. Wonderful size, and yet sadly at the same time, somehow scrawny. Stable enough, though his size makes him a large target.

The half elf gives a light "Hm," of disappointment. He would not make a lovely corpse.

"If you wish to go, then by all means, do. One moment, though." He gives another glance down the hall, focusing on the walls and floor. An old place such as this, one can never be too careful.
Search for traps we can't disarm!
[roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-03, 11:00 AM
Ianben doesn't see anything trap looking. Just mostly smooth stone walls. Walking down the hall way, you realize you are on a slope heading down further into the tor. You quickly reach the room, which is empty save for dust and a single, small, stone chest in the center of the floor. Evidently no one has disturbed this chamber for many years.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-03, 05:29 PM
Grayvenn holds his hand a few inches away from the chest, and attempts to sense magical contents.

Using detect magic

Eshkigal
2012-12-03, 09:40 PM
there is a magical aura coming from something within the chest, a faint abjuration, if you had to guess.

Esprit15
2012-12-03, 09:52 PM
Ianben watches as the humans do nothing. "Are you going to open it or wait for it to walk off?" Ianben gets ready to heal an injury if there was some kind of trap in the chest.

Eshkigal
2012-12-03, 09:56 PM
The impatient half elf gets a few darts to the torso as soon as he opens the chest, for 3 damage. So does anyone else within 5 feet.

Esprit15
2012-12-03, 10:09 PM
"Ack!" The half elf leaps back as the darts hit him. He kicks the chest in anger before he goes about picking the darts out of his skin and rubbing at the wounds, the small holes closing up as his hand rubs his skin skin.

3 Damage? F that, back to full health in 18 seconds.

Arcran
2012-12-04, 01:11 AM
Roth almost chuckles as the darts connect with the half-elf but manages to restrain himself.

"Now that we know there isn't a trap, would you care to open the chest?"

Esprit15
2012-12-04, 01:17 AM
Ianben makes a rude gesture to the human and looks at what was in the chest.

MesiDoomstalker
2012-12-04, 01:22 AM
Inside the chest you find a simple leather headband studded with small iron rivets, two small soft-pink orbs and a lumpy bag.

Cormag81
2012-12-04, 01:57 AM
Thanatos enters the room first and ignores the chest, since it probably holds nothing that will help them outlast the storm. He takes up a position against a wall and waits, his sword sheathed but his shield still strapped on.

Esprit15
2012-12-04, 02:04 AM
"...What the Hell is this junk?" He picks up the bag and opens it to look at its contents.

Arcran
2012-12-04, 02:06 AM
Roth steps forward, looking at the orb.

"What is this?" he says, studying it.

Not sure what Knowledge this is. You can roll it I guess.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-04, 11:12 AM
Grayvenn spits on the elf. 'Next time you do something stupid, at least let me get out the road, you fool.'

He grabs the headband for himself, sensing something was magical about it.

Esprit15
2012-12-04, 11:16 AM
Ianben wipes the saliva off of his face and flicks it back at Grayvenn. "Yeah, watching you get hit with darts without me being in the crossfire would have been far funnier. I'll remember that next time."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-04, 11:39 AM
He ignores the elf. Not only did they look like women, they also nagged like them. Bah!

He shoves the headband on, seeing if he felt any better or worse for it.

Arcran
2012-12-04, 06:39 PM
Roth rolls his eyes. He was with children. Children! The magic user was at least sensible, but this elf was an idiot.

Esprit15
2012-12-08, 04:14 PM
"Well, there is nothing else in here. Lets try one of the other doors." Ianben heads back to the entryway and starts trying to open the left door.

Cormag81
2012-12-09, 12:30 PM
Thanatos considers just following the elf right out the door, without touching anything in the chest. In his experience magical artifacts never came without a cost, and a simple dart trap wasn't enough to put his mind at ease. Yet he realizes that everyone expected him to take the final orb, he picks it up and slips it into his sack before hurrying after the elf.

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 03:37 PM
The Druid checks in on his horse, then follows the rest, to see what else they got up to.

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 03:40 PM
Your group returns to the large room, and a quick look shows the storm is still going strong outside, hailstones raining down. There are still two halls you have not checked, one to the north, one to the west. Where would you like to go next?

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 04:05 PM
Well, may as well start somewhere. Grayvenn checked the western door, opening it, but doing so hiding his body BEHIND the door, and making sure EVERYONE was out of the road. At least if there were traps, he'd try and avoid them.

Arcran
2012-12-10, 04:43 PM
Roth follows, staying at least a few feet back from the magic user.

Esprit15
2012-12-10, 06:59 PM
Ianben heads into the doorway as he patches up the last of the dart wounds. He looks over to Grayvenn and speaks quietly. "Look, we seem to be getting off on the wrong foot here, and until this storm wears out, we're stuck with each other. I didn't see anyone going for the chest, figured I might as well take the hit. Plus I didn't spot anything in the hall, I thought it was safe here.

Start over?" He puts out his hand. "Hello, I'm Ianben. I don't believe I caught your name earlier."

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 08:13 PM
'Grayvenn.' he nods to his horse. 'And that's Dash.'

'You wanna apologise? Then make yourself useful. C'mon, let's scout out this area.' He makes his way down the left passage.

Arcran
2012-12-10, 08:31 PM
Roth follows, at least ten feet behind the druid at all times, crossbow loaded and ready to fire.

Esprit15
2012-12-10, 08:35 PM
"Fair enough. By the way, you seem like someone with a bit of divine magic... Mind keeping that away from me? Positive energy and myself don't really mix... It's like an allergy or something." He whispers the latter part more quietly. "I'll take care of my own injuries when possible. Thought I should mention it before someone accidentally kills me fixing a dart wound."

Arcran
2012-12-10, 08:46 PM
Listen check to attack mercilessly mock Es!

Listen: [roll0]
Knowledge Religion: [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-12-10, 09:34 PM
Religion: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-12-10, 09:44 PM
Arc: You don't hear them talking over the rain and thunder.

Irn: The trait is predominantly a trait of the undead, as became common knowledge during the Last War when Karrnath switched to an undead army as their population became far too low and their army too expensive to feed. However, you have also heard of cases where some humanoids have strong ties to the negative plane, normally of Karrnathi descent at some point.

Arcran
2012-12-10, 10:10 PM
"What was that?" Roth asks. "Couldn't hear you 'cause, you know, storm outside."

Esprit15
2012-12-10, 10:26 PM
"An apology for sticking Grayvenn with pins by accident. Why?"

Arcran
2012-12-10, 10:32 PM
"An apology for sticking Grayvenn with pins by accident. Why?"

"Just wondering. Couldn't hear you," he says. They were already whispering? What were those two plotting...

Cormag81
2012-12-11, 01:47 AM
Thanatos slides past the sqabuling mages to reassume the lead position. Once there he stops and leans against a wall listening to their conversations but withholding judgement. glass houses and stones don't mix and with his choice of obsessions he had no room to talk.

Guess we're rolling listen and knowledge checks?
Knowledge (religion): [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-12-16, 10:52 PM
Thanatos overhears the conversation, and the first place his thoughts turn are to the blasphemies against death, the undead! However, he has also heard of this occasional mutation.

Cormag81
2012-12-19, 12:42 AM
Thanatos recognizes that the strange elf with the sythe might be more then human but what else is new. Untill he attempts to attack him Thanatos is content to simply watch him. He knows that if death has already called this man once he has been sent to finish the job otherwise he has no problems with the half elf.