PDA

View Full Version : small orcs

limejuicepowder
2012-11-20, 11:21 AM
Are there any small orc racial variants? My true goal is to combine spirited charge and headlong rush on a mounted character that can still fit inside buildings.

hymer
2012-11-20, 11:25 AM
I think those are generally called 'goblins'.

Dungeonbred is the closest I come to a solution, and it doesn't go on humanoids.

gr8artist
2012-11-20, 11:44 AM
Apply the young template, or the small size adjustment. (both basically give you more dex at the cost of strength)
It's generally considered a penalty, so there shouldn't be a problem from the DM getting it approved.
"You want to use smaller weapons? With less strength? And you're a melee character? Uh, sure... I guess..."
Then he'll eye you suspiciously, wondering what you've got up your sleeve.

Or shell out a bunch of cash for a permanent reduce person. TA-Da.

rockdeworld
2012-11-20, 12:23 PM
Are there any small orc racial variants? My true goal is to combine spirited charge and headlong rush on a mounted character that can still fit inside buildings.
Is there any particular reason? The insides of buildings don't usually have enough room for a charge unless they're big enough to medium characters with large mounts anyway.

Slipperychicken
2012-11-20, 01:46 PM
Can't you just ride a Pony or other medium-sized mount? Or would you take penalties for it?

Urpriest
2012-11-20, 04:15 PM
Can't you just ride a Pony or other medium-sized mount? Or would you take penalties for it?

Mounts must be one size category larger than you.

And most buildings that you actually fight in will have ten feet between you and your opponent, which is all the room a Medium mount needs for a charge.