PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for some D&D feat infomation

Melcar
2012-11-20, 12:26 PM
Hello all

I new here, so I will start of with a question...

After getting hold of some old D&D 3.0 ed, Mongoose Publishing material, namely Encyclopaedia Arcane (Abjuration), I read in this book, a feat called School Focus (abjuration). I have tried to find the discription of this feat online and in other mongoose producs I have, but without luck. Can anyone tell me where I can find this feat and/or what it does???

PS. I Can tell you, that the feat Spell Focus is also mentioned in this book, so one could assume that they did different things.

Thanks

Melcar

nyjastul69
2012-11-20, 03:43 PM
Have you checked Ultimate Feats by Mongoose Press? It might be in there. I can check when I get home later today if you do not own it.

Melcar
2012-11-20, 06:51 PM
I have indeed... I have really looked in many different places including online. I have a lot of WotC books aswell, and nothing. I have checked both 3.0 and 3,5 books.

Melcar
2012-11-21, 07:01 PM
If something is refering to "core rulebook I", which book is this exactly???

Loki_42
2012-11-21, 07:15 PM
If something is refering to "core rulebook I", which book is this exactly???

I believe the Player's Handbook, which does have Spell Focus. Don't know about the School Focus though.

Melcar
2012-11-21, 07:51 PM
School Focus it does not have... just re checked.

Its like the most dificult question I have ever asked on a rpg board! Damn

Roncorps
2012-11-21, 08:30 PM
After looking at it, I'm sure at 90% that it is a typo error and they wanted to write Spell Focus.

Core Rulebook I = Player's Handbook. All D20 supplements of Mongoose needed the core rulebook of 3.0.

Melcar
2012-11-22, 04:33 AM
if it was a typo, why would other books of the same line mention both spell focus and school focus as a prerequisite for some feats. That means that they were well aware of the spell focus feat and wanted to ad something else.

nyjastul69
2012-11-22, 07:08 AM
if it was a typo, why would other books of the same line mention both spell focus and school focus as a prerequisite for some feats. That means that they were well aware of the spell focus feat and wanted to ad something else.

I'm inclined to agree that the feat you're looking for is either a misprint or a misnomer. I can't find anything in my 3.0 books or within any 3rd party product that is either a d20 product or an OGL product that contains the information you're looking for. My google-fu is weak however. I think it's a misnomered spell focus or meta-magic school feat.

Edit: Sorry, I got caught up looking stuff up, welcome to the boards.

Melcar
2012-11-23, 02:45 PM
On other forums... people have sugensted Meta-Magic School Focus, as the one they are refering to, but: Encuclopedia Arcane series is from 2003. Complete mage from 2006. Encyclopedie Arcane is a Mongoose Publishing Complete Mage, WotC!!!

Somehow I dont believe its this feat!

eggs
2012-11-23, 03:29 PM
Yeah, those people are idiots.

I've skimmed the Encyclopedia Arcane Series and dug around google for a while and I think the feat just doesn't exist. Probably dropped in an editing error or oversight somewhere.

If you want to implement it separate from Spell Focus, you'll probably have to make it up yourself (or use a substitute - a case where Metamagic School Focus isn't the worst choice, but the Toughening Transmutation/Cloudy Conjuration/etc. feat line could also work).

If I were to hazard a guess as to what the feat was supposed to do, I'd say it's probably supposed to be a generalizable feat with about as much game effect as spell focus - I'd guess +1 CL with the appropriate school of spells. But that's totally out-of-the-ass speculation. The substitute feats mentioned could work as well.