PDA

View Full Version : High Seas - The Hunt for the Dutchmens Treasure

Rentaromon
2012-11-20, 12:53 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/rentaromon111/1330443855342.jpg

World:
Welcome to the world of High Seas! A land where myth and pirates live forever! Death has little say in the great ocean making its call of treasure and adventure all the more potent.

The world has only one true continent, surrounding it is a single giant ocean littered with islands, beyond that is wide open ocean, and beyond that.....that's for you to discover....

While death at sea is rare wounds are still a concern, as healing magic is rare. Potions of healing are 10x as expensive, regeneration of limbs is only available to the super rich. Your going to have to survive on your own natural healing.

Death:
Death is a real person, when a man is at the verge of death he is visited, and can try to gain a chance at life again. Anyone can choose to challenge death to a competition for a second chance, but he is VERY hard to beat in any challenge. Life at the sea is a bit different, if anyone dies far from the main land (ocean, boat, or islands) death can not reach them so they can keep on living. But they gain a black mark on their hand, showing that they are still hunted by death.
Davy Jones is who death has hired to collect the souls that die at sea, like death he can be challenged but is still strong and smart, however nowhere near the level of Death itself. If you fail a challenge or run he will not give you another try.
As all of you have the mark you cannot go to mainland, or you will fall dead in a second.

You might be thinking "I can chop off my hand, then i dont have a mark!" but be warned, this only works 50% of the time, the other 50% of the time it appears on another hand foot or eye. Plus cutting of a limb, is not exactly safe with healing magic so rare.

Ways to Die:
Choose to die, if you choose to die its over, simple as that.

Going to shore, there death will find you instantly and beating him at a challenge is near impossible.

Davy Jones Catching you, again he is hard to beat in a challenge.

Madness, if you ever die and your mind is lost you can not resist death and you die for good.

Body Destruction, loss of body leads to loss of all senses, this leads to madness in most people. Healing from body destruction from being eaten or something as destructive takes a LONG time, so you can be left between life and death for years.

Enemies:
You will run into many factions, armies, and gangs at sea. While each island is normally home to regular folk they are generally owned by one of 6 groups. Each has different views, goals, and treats their fellow pirate very different.

Dragons Horde: Led By Captain Gold, A beautiful female captain who is a master of seduction, diplomacy, and a dam good pistol user. She controls a large number of pirates who are never targeted by other pirates, because of her secret weapon. Whatever it is even the greatest fighters fall to it. Her army of pirates has grown fast in the past 10 years, most are new to the pirate life. Careful they have little respect for anything but gold.

SilverBacks: Led by Captain Pel, an old and ruthless pirate who has been at this for many many years. His group of pirates is few in number but all are veterans. Each member of the silverbacks is old and seasoned, and all are deadly. However they are not concerned with expanding their territory, only guarding their own. They generally force pirates and the law away from their area with intimidation but can hold up in a fight with the best of them.

Imperial Navy: Led by The Commander, Davy Jones old first mate, a master tactician, and a ruthless leader in the fight against piracy. The navy is strong, discipline, and well funded. Under The Commander they have also become incredibly effective at hunting down pirates and predicting their movements. The Commander's name and abilities are unknown, but he has never been known to lose a battle. Watch out, since The Commander took over their ships seem to always know how to fight any enemy, and can track them without even being able to see your ship.

Sea Dogs: The sea dogs have no leader, no flag, and no honor. They are the poor and evil banded together to steal and kill. They have no honor and will send anyone to the bottom of the sea for fun. While they are by far the weakest they use tricks and dirty fighting to win. Show no mercy to these dogs, because they wont show you any.

Knights of Raan: Led by the Archmage Ferijall, a powerful wizard with a large array of frost based magic. He controls a Huge Iceberg “The fang of Nidhog” that has been shaped into a huge fortress, that acts as a mobile shipyard. They control the waters near the northern pole but are not trying to expand their territory. His leading members are The Family, his own relatives that are all very strong casters as well. Members are from northers islands and most are not true pirates. Unless you have a good reason for entering their waters, leave their area alone.

Great Whites: Led by King Megalodon, these pirates are all of the species Cartiladins, Shark People. Natural Predator of the Merfolk. They are predators that pray on the weak to feed, to collect treasure for Megalodon, or just for fun. They have little respect for surface creatures and have very little honor, however they do respect power. Anyone able to fight them and survive is treated as one of their own and they will at least not try to kill you for no reason, true trust is rare. They do no come back to life when they die, they have their own reaper to fear in the water. And whatever you do don't let them smell your blood in the water, it drives them crazy.

Your Quest:
Once every 10 years Davy Jones holds a contest, he choose a place in the world and the first 10 people to find it are given the Dutchmens Treasure, a drink from the fountain of youth. It removes your black mark, regrows lost limbs, reverses ageing, removes all scars, and can even heal mental damage.

Seeing as the only other option to lose your black mark is to remove your hand and hope you don't die from infection or defeat Davy Jones himself the contest seems like the best choice.

To start this journey you have to find Lucky, an old captain who was once a great and powerful pirate warlord, and 2 time winner of the Dutchmens Treasure. He has died and come back a total of 67 times over 100+ years. If anyone can give you info on where to find the Treasure its him. And you can find him in his old ship on Starfish Island.

Current Location:

Starfish Island: One of many islands in a small cluster shaped like animals of the Sea, someone long ago did this for a reason but no one remembers. The island has docks on every side, and is covered in bars, inns, and stores. This is one of the neutral islands where anyone can come and enjoy beer, women, and find work. The streets are filled with drunks and whores, bar fights can be heard from just about anywhere. There is only 1 rule, you can only steal from thieves (If anyone catches you stealing, everyone in earshot will try to take everything from you).

In short, a pirates heaven. And somewhere in this town is Lucky, the man you must find.

How to Roll Dice and talk in/out of character:

#d#Diplays cumulative results. 1d6 gives the results of 1 six-sided die, for example.

#d#+XDisplays the cumulative results, with the added modifier (X) totalled into it.

When talking out of character (do this). Everything else will be considered in character talk.

Rentaromon
2012-11-20, 01:03 PM
This post will eventually chronicle what your group has done, but for now it has a small message to each of you, DONT READ EACHOTHERS MESSAGES.

Ishon: You have been to this part of the ocean many times. Your knowledge of this area gives you a +2 to knowledge about the area and +2 for finding a place from its name alone.

Make sure you tell me how you died, and your name!

Ben: I don't know what your character does yet so you cant post yet! Get me that link, and if its not on the link tell me about your characters backstory and how you died.

Tony: You have been on and off this island all your life, you know the stores and streets well. You can find your way anywhere by name, and most store owners know you are trustworthy and work for Lucky.

Lucky has sent you out to find him a new cook, preferably someone not from the island.

Kyle: Your character does not know starfish island, but he has been warned to not get caught stealing anything, if your told to pay for damages by a store owner do it, and calling thief on someone without proof can end bad for you as well.

I don't know your characters name so post that.

MrRockefeller
2012-11-21, 01:08 PM
(This is Kyle, my character's name shall be "Mag.")

piggydestroyer
2012-11-29, 01:53 PM
Hello there! I'm Jimbush, I was on a quest to find the love of my life who was taken, and all I was left with was this necklace filled with magic that is supposed to help me find her. I died in an unfortunate accident at the hands of pirates. They didn't like me very much and found me annoying. But no matter what, I will get back to my love! Even if I have to go through Davy Jones himself.