PDA

View Full Version : Human force adept and redundant force training

the Blue Morpho
2012-11-20, 02:39 PM
My group is starting up a Star Wars campaign as a supplemental game for when our regular DM is unavailable. I have decided to play a Kilian Ranger (updated to the revised core rulebook standards) and I havea question about Force Training.

I wanted to start with the Control and Alter feats right out the gate (makes keeping Heal Self, Heal Other, and battle defense/strike maxed in skill ranks easier), so my feat gained from being a human and Force Training from the first level of the pseudo Force Adept can easily cover that. Then the Force Training from level 2 automatically nets me the Sense feat.

Here's the problem. I get a third Force Training at fourth level. Since I would already have all three of the feats Force Training may grant, would that mean I select a different feat?

Garagos
2012-11-20, 04:46 PM
Probably talk to your DM, but usually when you already have a feat that is granted for free by a class, you don't get to pick a different one unless it specifically says so.

the Blue Morpho
2012-11-20, 07:19 PM
Ok, so unless my Dm says otherwise, I lose out on a feat if I opt to accelerate the character's Force skills access.

nedz
2012-11-20, 07:21 PM
Probably talk to the Mods. Get them to move this to the appropriate sub-forum, you might get some answers then :smallsmile:

DaTedinator
2012-11-20, 08:16 PM
Yes, you lose the feat.

But really, you don't need to waste a feat like that, because you don't need your force skills maxed. The DCs are either reasonably low or remarkably high. I like to max one or two force skills, and then spread my skill points out amongst the others - and non-force skills, don't forget about those.

One of the biggest mistakes you can make is basing your character entirely around force skills. Those vitality costs add up real quick, and if you're too force-heavy, you'll find yourself running out twice as fast as the rest of the party, and being completely useless when you do.