PDA

View Full Version : A Maug Scout with long reach, TWF Crescent Knives?

killem2
2012-11-20, 04:55 PM
After reading over personman's guide for [3.X] Increasing Size, Effective Size, Unarmed Damage, Reach (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7081777), I wanted some opinions on this melee build.

Crescent Knives are an exotic Weapon from dragon 275. They deal I think it was 1d4 for a medium creature, but they strike as two separate attacks. (think splitting arrows), but it doesn't count for your multiple attacks per round.

I understand the BAB is not going to be as good with a scout, but I'm hoping all is not lost entirely. Depending on how far out you want to strike, you can alter the feats for ranged but since you only need to be with in 30ft of your target it should work fine.

Assuming LA buy off, and flaws:

Natural Reach is 10ft

The Basics
Aberration Blood -> Inhuman Reach feats: Reach is 15ft
Extended Reach: Reach Becomes 20ft.

This at least gives you a fair amount of distance to just move side to side and apply your skirmish damage. Add in the ways to move and still make a full attack, at the very least you are looking at (2d6 + str) + (2d6 + 1/2 str) + 8d6 of skirmish damage?

At level 17 a dip in a class of your choice (max with a maug) you'll have (2d6 + str) + (2d6 + 1/2 str) + 20d6 skirmish damage.

It seems like a lot to me. I chose Maug because it seems like a pretty solid and strong creature with not a lot of drawback for what you get. Due to the +1 BAB from the Maug, you should get 4 attacks, 5 with TWF. You add in the ways to move while getting a full attack, it can get pretty disgusting right?

Maybe use your one dip for Psychic Warrior for expansion or cleric for turning checks to burn for travel devotion?

LeshLush
2012-11-20, 09:56 PM
How are you taking aberration blood on a construct?

killem2
2012-11-20, 10:25 PM
bah! you are right. back to the drawing board.

Maybe 7 level psychic warrior then scout for double expansion