PDA

View Full Version : Syang'baddan

greenpotato
2012-11-20, 08:05 PM
Finglytil the mother of men, the greatest of the goddesses sits upon a throne of solid ruby. She appears as a colossal woman of incredible beauty made of golden metal towering above a human at what must be close to 80 feet
Her body sprouts 110 arms in a great circle, and her black hair snakes and flows not only to the ground but it coins around the foot of her ruby throne, intertwining with the fine spun gold of her magnificent robes. Her skin is patterned with intricate swirls and stylized floral motifs in some sort of tattoo that appears to be made of red glass. She smiles down at the pilgrims all around her and seems to glow with a golden light that makes all who look upon her feel an incredible joy and love.

The throne that she sits upon is in the center of her cavernous great temple at the heart of the temple city of Syang'baddan, a place once called Bulya. Enormous columns of sandstone carved with beautiful floral patterns hold up a domed roof so far above the great temples mosaiced floor that many pilgrims have to squint to glimpse the fresco upon it's surface. Millions of pilgrims fill the city and many thousands of them are flooded into the great temple, weeping with joy at the beauteous corporeal form of their mighty goddess. The great sprawl of the temple city is a great sight, domed roofs of slate sit atop all sorts of wonderful sandstone buildings and temples all contained within an enormous fortified wall with mighty castles spread along it at regular intervals. But the walls of the city are too small for a great forest of tents and lean-tos expand around the city as the millions upon millions of faithful crowd the city hoping for but a glimpse of the mother of men, Finglythil. In fact the need for space is great that throughout the enormous city exist a number of extradimensional spaces and demiplanes built simply to contain the population.
Not too long ago this was a very different city but things are changing rapidly as old shrines and temples, castles and mansions are being torn down to make way for monuments and temples to Finglythil and great public buildings and housing, what is left of the old Bluemire royal family is either locked deep in a dungeon or being publicly executed one after the other to jeering crowds of thousands.

At the opposite end of the city to the great temple is the great fortress, a huge granite cube of a castle that is the headquarters of the holy warriors of the Himayata. Within this great fortress countless warriors who fight in the name of the mother of men prepare for yet another crusade in her name.
They march and train and drill endlessly, preist-generals give rousing sermons and fresh faced youths enlist by the thousands everyday. They are eager for war, they are eager to wash all the heretics and blahsphemers from the face of this world so that only the worshipers of the mother of men remain.

Background Info:

http://www.wallpaperswala.com/wp-content/gallery/durga-puja/maa-durga.jpg
Finglthyil was the force that created perhaps the greatest part of the minds of men, she gave unto the mortal people their charm and personality, their grace and their capacity for love. In the beginning when the universe was created, she granted this great boon by sacrificing herself and her form, as most Sadhya did.
--
Bluemire was a Kingdom that spanned from the foot of the great mountain Dhulna to the eastern coast and sat between the two mighty rivers on that continent, Dhulata at it's northern border and Zhengula at its southern border. But when the dragon Izesomething removed all the other gods from the picture and opened the door to new divine beings the humans of this wide land found a new god to worship. An old God. A new cult arose under the leadership of the prophet Gunin Rajan, he gathered millions of followers to his faith in a few short decades and marched upon Bluemires capital, Bulhya, one of the greatest cities in the world. A short and nearly bloodless civil war saw the royal family ejected and the power structure shattered with a new all powerful theocracy in its place. But then something happened that the cultists didn't expect. Their adulation and exultation at their conquest combined with the growth of their numbers as thousands of new converts swore their faith everyday caused a monumental event. At the rising of the sun on the fifth day of celebration after capturing the city Finglythil coalesced. The power of the peoples faith was so great that they had resurrected their god from the dead and she now took her place at the head of this massive nation of human zealots. She still sits upon the her throne within her grandest temple, a huge white marble cathedral-fortress to which millions of pilgrims flock everyday. The nation was renamed Sayang'baddan with Bulhya itself taking the name Syang'baddan city. Finglythil herslef it is said is still in a daze from her rebirth, everything is new and joyous for her like a child who explores the world for the first time.

But, her followers are not happy, for outside their borders their are many humans who don't worship Finglythil which to them is both a great tragedy and a great crime. Millions of holy warriors are rallying, eager to march upon the other human kingdoms and "convert" the unfaithful and the heretics. These men call themselves the Himayata, their faith is unshakable, and their cause (they believe) is righteous. They will attempt to convert any humanoids they come across and slay the lesser races that they encounter as they have with all the goblinoids and beasts within their own borders. But the theocracy holds the Himayata at bay for now, sending ambassadors and envoys to the other kingdoms and empires in the hope that diplomacy can help prevent the shedding of blood while Finglythil sits atop her throne in the holy city distancing herself from the Himayata who slaughter in her name. Maybe if another nation were to deploy it's greatest weapon it would cause the mother of men to act but for now she abstains from conflict

greenpotato
2012-11-20, 09:15 PM
Chamber of the Raaj
Great Temple
Syang'Baddan City

To think it has only been a few weeks since our goddess appeared and already so much has changed the prophet Gunin Rajan thinks as he sits at the head of a large table. Around him on both sides are the priests and kings that make up the highest tier of the theocracy, the Raaj (These are my 30 actual cohorts). Today they were meeting to discuss the Himayata problem, he leaves his thoughts behind and refocuses on the heated debate;
"We need to give them something! If it goes on like this there will be violence within our own walls!" Rajdulari the elf queen is screaming at Grand Viser Marblehill
"Well, yes.. mydear.. wemust.. give. them. something... thatfactIamnotarguing" The old mans says in his bizzare stutter "Iam simply saying.. that.. wemust think before.. wecommitmoregenocide"
The great Harzita interjects; "I say we put it to a vote, all those in favour of sending diplomats say aye" a chorus of ayes follows.
"Yes but...howmanymen... do. we. send?" Mablehill queeries
"I say one ambassador and one thousand Himayata to each kingdom, show them were serious. Plus we can get rid of the old Blumire ambassadors at the same time, two birds with one stone" Gunin speaks up for the first time and as his voice carries far more weight than the rest there is no objections.
"Agreed, now, the next order of business, who do we send?" The elf queen says and so the debate continues...

Members of the Raaj;
The members of the Raaj are;
1- Gunin Rajan, Prophet of Finglthyil
2- ???, unknown as s/he does not attend public events.
3- Lady of Trees, Rajdulari, Cheiftan of Venlhan. Leader of an Elf Culture.
4- The great Ascetic Harzita, A great spiritualist and teacher.
5- Grand Viser Marblehill, Cheif Wizard of Syang'baddan
6- Low King Undrustus, Lord of Dwarves. Leader of a Dwarf Culture
7- Paavia Bhattacharya, Shakti of Finglythil. Masterful musician and bard.
8- Yagna. Lich and master of necromancy
9- Ekachakra. Self proclaimed 'Greatest Archer in the western Hemisphere'
10- Widush, First of the Circle. A druid of great power.
11- Queen Sandrose Whitgarden. Leader of a Halfgiant culture.
12- High Admiral Barindra of the Holy Navy. 1st in command of the Navy
13- General Salarjung of the Holy Army. 1st in command of the Army
14- Air Marshal Zhufu of the Holy Airforce. 1st in command of the Airforce
15- Daiwik, Zealot-lord of the Himayata. 1st in command of the Himayata holy warriors.
16- Gyunk the Third, Goliath King. Leader of a Goliath culture
17- Prime Minister Ekanath the wise. Leader of a Gnome culture
18- President Sourabh . Leader of a Halfling culture
19- Hilyada, Prime Architect and Chief city planner. Master craftsman and Architect
20- Yuvaraj, Champion of Finglythil. Paladin of incredible faith and power.
21- Judge Dayakar, Lord Justice. Head of the Legal system.
22- Cheif Engineer Kulduun. Dwarf Master miner and seige engineer.
23- Jeeteshi the Oracle. Master of Divniation.
24- Ordan the Clockmaker. A genius blacksmith and craftsman.
25- Zhublyana the Lady of Wasps. A shadowy figure with odd powers.
26- Dhalina the White Witch. A powerful spellcaster from an Icy land.
27- Duke Jinuin . Leader of the Stone Soldiers and said to be indestructible.
28- Loremaster Vehck. Said to know everything that can be known.
29- Warsaint Manun. 1st among the Holy Bhodisimha Gaurd
30- Tresurer Kalutat. Treasurer of Syang'baddan

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-20, 10:47 PM
You Get Reports of odd creatures attacking your bases, From the Side of the mountain. Mostly Small, Quick attacks that do minimal damage, And then retreat, Always at night.
Only Thing the Survivors can say, is that the attackers chitter horriblelly.

(Assuming you have been here for a few days..Years...Mellenia)

greenpotato
2012-11-20, 11:26 PM
Coutyard of the Lotus
Great Fortress of the Himayata
Syang'Baddan City

Gunin Rajan steps into the large courtyard and the assembled strike force bow their heads collectively.
"You ten thousand men and women have been chosen to investigate some odd reports we have been getting about border attacks.
You're mission is to head to the borders at the foot of the western mountain and investigate and then eradicate whatever is causing these disappearances. You have half an hour to prepare, captains to me, the rest of you are dismissed" With that the assembled force disperses, some teleport out, some simply hustle off into the deep recesses of the fortress, out of the crowd of soldiers ten captains approach Gunin Rajan and each gives a smart salute.
"You men have been chosen due to your loyalty and reputation for discretion. If these attacks turn out to be the efforts of another nation you are to report such to the Raaj before you let the rest of the Himayata know is that understood?" All the officers nod.
"Good, we don't need anything else to exacerbate our problems here, we still need to buy time to try and negotiate with the other nations before we let the horde loose. You will take an ambassador with you, just in case. And please, pass these orders onto your men, emphasize discretion, and remember Finglythil will be watching." Then Gunin Rajan teleports away.
---------------
Half an hour later the ten thousand and one warriors are assembled again in the courtyard, jeering and joking, eager for a fight. They settle down and as one they teleport in a great flash of light and re-appear at a fortress on the western border.

All use greater teleport

----------------
Once arriving the Himayata perform a series of divinations over 20 minutes or so to determine where the attacking force is coming from.

I'm going to do 1000 each of these so they should know the correct answer to each question:
-What are the creatures that have been attacking this border castle?
-Where are the creatures that have been attacking this border castle?
-Which Direction should we go to find the attackers?
-How far in that direction do we have to go to find them?
All the while the ambassador is keeping the Raaj back in the city informed of their exact progress in case something goes wrong.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-21, 12:43 AM
What are the creatures that have been attacking this border castle?
Unclear, Only thing you can tell exactly is that they are furred, And Bipedal.
Where are the creatures that have been attacking this border castle?
about 15 miles west
Which Direction should we go to find the attackers?
West
How far in that direction do we have to go to find them?
15 Miles.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-21, 03:02 AM
A mountain sized Giant lands on a few buildings after falling from the sky, and then a smaller giant on his shoulder shouts. Hello humans we have been told by a Squid God of the ocean that you are all lesser beings and we have come to purge you unless you can show us your strength, we will consider any form of demonstration that proves you and your citizens physical might.

greenpotato
2012-11-21, 04:53 AM
Western Border Fortress
Syang'baddan

The ten thousand and one warriors prepare for battle and coordinate a simultaneous teleport to precisely the directions their divinations gave. In another flash of light they are gone.

-------------------------

Syang'baddan City

As the great giant stands in the wreckage of it's fall people runs screaming away from it in terror, moments later warriors start to teleport in. Slowly at first by more and more appear until there are thousands and thousands surrounding the huge creature. Then with a huge crack of sound and flash of light a golden woman who stands even taller than the giant burst into the space infront of him. She has a passive smile on her impossibly beautiful face and says in a booming voice "Leave this place my son" directed at the giant.

I thought we wern't supposed to have open conflict yet?
If your not immune to mind effecting stuff you've got a pretty hefty DC will save to make against a charm effect

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-21, 05:20 AM
One of Shadies NPC's sent us to the west and here was what we happened to find. I don't really want to fight either, but lets stay in character and I'll try to make the Bivore cult more lenient.The towering giant looks down at the mas he made seeing the goddess GIANT LADY? Yes I saw her. Now from my perspective I see no reason for us to leave cause you have not proven that you can force us, we came to test the worth of your nations physical might, and nobody here looks like they could even arm wrestle the Bivores little toe. I'll offer to shrink him closer to your height if you want.

greenpotato
2012-11-21, 05:25 AM
Syang'baddan city

The giant golden woman extends one of her hands "Stand on my hand" she asks the giant in complete seriousness.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-21, 12:46 PM
Bivore steps on your hand, now apply 10^600500500500780702 tons to your light load (for lifting with one hand) and you are being monitored to see if you are using magic for assistance. And now your mortals how will they be able to fend for themselves in a world with so many creatures almost as strong as the Bivore.

greenpotato
2012-11-21, 04:01 PM
Syang'baddan City

Without using any magic the Goddess hurls the giant with so much force that he is tossed to the other side of the ocean to the east.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-21, 05:34 PM
WEEEE I'M FLYING MAKE A HAPPY SMILE! the Bivore is hurled about 2 miles then lands fortunately with each foot in the middle of a road after being halted in the air by an invisible force. So what of your mortals, did you plan to bring them here to die or are they capable of fending for themselves against dragons, sea monsters, and undead.

greenpotato
2012-11-21, 07:17 PM
Syang'baddan City

"They can certainly handle such things. I have given you your show of strength beast, please leave"

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-21, 07:56 PM
Your Forces Land Directly In the middle of a Large, Elaborate Deathtrap, With the Gnolls Under a force Wall, Directly under you.

Roll Ref Save (Mass) for half Damage
(Not sure on your Armies Ref..So Im putting it on..20.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-11-21, 07:58 PM
I can't say for sure, but you are probably not the ones needing a purging, we may return after further investigation. Come my lord. JUMPY TIME. then they rocket into the air.A third of the way around the world to the north.

greenpotato
2012-11-21, 08:39 PM
Reflex save [roll0]
Can you please describe what is going on in more detail?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-21, 09:00 PM
Your Army Just teleported Into a Trap, Planned Exactly By the Gnolls.
The Army is on a Wall of Force, Which Below are the Gnolls, Watching and laughing. (Well, not so much now)
The Deathtrap is a Combination of Spikes dropping from above, And Coming up from the wall of force.

Your Army Saves, And Manages to only take..[roll0] Damage. (Perice)
The Gnolls Now Dissapear from the View (Force is Clear, Right?) Roll Init
[roll1]

greenpotato
2012-11-21, 09:17 PM
the Himayata's HP is unchanged(739/739) unless those spikes bypass DR/admantine

Spellcraft to figure out how they disappeared [roll0]
Spot to do the same [roll1]
Initiative [roll2]

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-21, 09:38 PM
Spikes are Adamintie, And Mithrel(sp?)

Spellcraft comes up naught.
Spot Shows they ran out of your line of sight.

You cannot see them, But your Turn, All of them at once.

greenpotato
2012-11-21, 09:53 PM
HP 723/739

One in ten manifests dimension door as a move action(13pp) to transport themselves plus nine others to the other side of the force wall. Once there I need to know if they have LOS to the gnolls before I perform the rest of the actions.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-21, 10:01 PM
No Los
However, One of them readyed a Action to shoot one of your troops
[roll0] Damage, Auto hits from your Ac.

greenpotato
2012-11-21, 10:39 PM
How come he can shoot me if I can't see him?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-21, 10:58 PM
Hidden in a Dark corner?
That is where he is...

rweird
2012-11-21, 10:59 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

My warriors will use Silent, Still, Quickened Disjunction, shaped not to hit non-gnolls to take out the walls of force, then each will use Invisible, Admixed (all types excepts fire), Silent, Stilled, Consecrate, Maximized, Reserves of Strength [+0 CL], Irresistible, Twinned Fire Storm (15000 damage, 1500 of each of the following, sonic, acid, electricity, fire, and cold, 7500 divine damage, twice, no save) shaped to only hit the Gnolls squares, each hits 4000 gnolls, I presume there are less than 4000000 Gnolls here that I'm sent to kill, they'll enlarge either of them to hit if needed, they'll target the same Gnoll with multiple storms.

Do any survive?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-22, 12:03 AM
Uh..no...Alright...Looks like they got removed, Commence Negotiations

rweird
2012-11-22, 08:21 AM
Okay, they'll teleport away, I'll use Summon Monster V to summon a Hound Archon, simulacrum it, permanent telepathic bond on it, and cast: Overland Flight, Cloud Wings, wings of Air Greater, Spell Resistance, Quickshift, and Redopsi, on it before it greater teleports to the scene of the battle.

Uesiar-Thikor'auck turns to Scytheress "Is this a suitable display of my legions might?" he asks, still in the form of a young boy.

Greenpotato:
A hound archon teleports in front of your warriors "Greetings, I speak for Uesiar-Thikor'auck, his warriors where sent to slay the Gnolls. He presumes you would want an explaination."

You should read my previous post, it explains what happened (OoC), my warriors where under superior invisibility, and cast all silent, still, invisible spells, meaning we probably would not be detected, and all the Gnolls would have just been destroyed as if they where hit by acid, sonic, fire, electricity, cold, and something else, all of them are dead, and the walls of force where taken down. If you have detect magic or the like, you'd detect strong Evocation and Abjuration magic.

greenpotato
2012-11-22, 05:45 PM
The warriors before you are a collection of ten thousand and one men and women dressed in gleaming plate armor, the symbol of a spoked wheel with a womans face at the hub and the rim made of naked humans is emblazoned in gold upon their chests. They carry assorted spears and polearms in their clawed gauntlets.
One makes his way to the front, he is a little different as instead of a spear he carries a banner with the same wheel-like symbol upon it.
"I'm sorry, we did not mean to get your way noble sir. We are Himyata of Syang'baddan servants of the Raaj, servants of the almighty Finglythil; Mother of Men. I am ambassador Shar and we too were sent here to dispatch these creatures"

rweird
2012-11-22, 06:43 PM
The Hound Archon pauses for a moment after you finish, as if listening for a reply, then he speaks again, as if he where reciting something he was told previously. "As were we, we just wanted you to know who it was that killed them, so you don't waste resources trying to find our legion. I am Ilythu, voice of Uesiar-Thikor'auck, well met Shar. Are any of your warriors hurt? We can help if needed."

If any of you have Arcane Sight or the like:
The following spells are active upon the Archon: Overland Flight, Cloud Wings, Wings of Air Greater, Spell Resistance, Quickshift, and Redopsi (as a spell, not a power), and Telepathic Bond, the Archon has a strong lingering aura of illusion on it.

greenpotato
2012-11-22, 08:03 PM
15 miles west of the border

"Just some minor scratches, we'll be fine, but thank you for the offer mighty Ilythu. If I may be so bold as to humbly ask who it was that dispatched you on a military mission to within 15 miles of our border" He points to the east

Arcane sight;

none of these warriors or the ambassador have any magic auras at all but the banner itself has a large number of overwhelming auras from many schools

Shady;

More divinations;
Are all the gnolls dead?
Where did the gnolls come from?
Why did the gnolls attack Syang'baddan's border?
Who is the leader of the gnolls?

---------------------------------------

Syang'baddan City

Finglythil restores the damage the rampaging giant made and resurrects any of her citizens that were killed by it's bumbling entrance. She then teleports back to her throne. She then turns her gaze towards the conflict just outside her border..

Shady;

Spot check. Looking for gnolls and anything invisible or sneaky near my Himayata. I'm not going to roll, it's a number in excess of twice my charisma modifier so there should be no problems perceiving anything, oh and X-ray vision so unless there's a large body of lead blocking line of effect.

rweird
2012-11-22, 08:11 PM
The Archon pauses as previously, A dragon named Scytheress asked the one I speak for to dispatch the Gnolls. He obliged.

greenpotato
2012-11-22, 08:20 PM
The ambassador fails, or perhaps doesn't even try, to contain his contempt at the mention of a dragon. "And the one you speak for, is he a dragon too? Certainly a servant of the dragons it seems?"
Murmers can be heard among the warriors, Ilythu manages to catch a few phrases; "..arrogant bastards.." "..gives them to right..""..claws out of our buisness..." "...meddling..."

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-22, 08:27 PM
Shady;

More divinations;
Are all the gnolls dead? That attacked your Border, And the ones here
Where did the gnolls come from? Unknown, Blocked as well.
Why did the gnolls attack Syang'baddan's border? Mearly Attacking because of their nature
Who is the leader of the gnolls? Take Half your HP in Damage. Then Become Paralyzed for [roll0] rounds.
All on Who ever did this.

---------------------------------------

Syang'baddan City

Finglythil restores the damage the rampaging giant made and resurrects any of her citizens that were killed by it's bumbling entrance. She then teleports back to her throne. She then turns her gaze towards the conflict just outside her border..

Shady;

Spot check. Looking for gnolls and anything invisible or sneaky near my Himayata
Nothing.

I'm not going to roll, it's a number in excess of twice my charisma modifier so there should be no problems perceiving anything, oh and X-ray vision so unless there's a large body of lead blocking line of effect.
Nothing. Although.. view the damage

Replied in the quote.

greenpotato
2012-11-22, 09:39 PM
Coutyard of the Lotus
Great Fortress of the Himayata
Syang'Baddan City

"The... menareassembled.. prophet" Grand Vizer Marblehill says to Gunin Rajan with a dignified bow.
"Good" Gunin nods as he looks at the rank upon rank of Himayata that would be their envoys.
Each force was lead by an ambassador and in technical terms the 1000 warriors each ambasador took with them on their journey were there purely as bodygaurds and handservants and a number of them were in the costume as such now. Each ambassador had his or her own mission and destination and each carried a great banner of Syang'baddan. Gunin nodded for it was
good, they look professional, they looked serious. He wanted the other nations to take them seriously despite their questionable rise to power, he wanted the other nations to realize that the old Bluemire loyalists were gone for good. "Ready!" he shouts and all the assembled forces snap to attention. "I'm not going to give a big speech, you know the importance of your task, you are the new faces of our new nation. Do us proud!"
and with a wave of his hand he signals them to begin teleporting out...

Every nation is about to receive a new ambassador accompanied by a retinue of 1000 staff. Those nations that already have a Bluemire embassy established will hear brief fighting and shouting from within the embassy walls that will end as abruptly as it started. The old flag will be torn down and a new one put in it's place, a golden wheel with a face at the hub and humans making it's rim of a white background. Those nations that do not have an embassy will have 1001 humans knocking of the gates to their capital, requesting an audience.

rweird
2012-11-22, 09:41 PM
The Archon pauses as it did before. "The one I speak for is a dragon... among other things. I'm sorry for your distaste of dragonkind, though it is expected, considering Izeldias is the ruler, and the typical dragon in his nation's attitude. It makes it quite difficult for us, so we generally try to stay out of things." The Archon's gaze slides over the soldiers, making it clear that they where heard, smiling sadly.

greenpotato
2012-11-22, 09:46 PM

"Ah well, yes, that is a shame. Still, such a display of force so close to our border is bound to have us asking questions. It's almost like this whole thing was engineered." You can tell that the ambassadors attitude is changing.

Shady;

Who owns this land? I'm assuming my people are going to know the name of the boredring country.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-22, 09:52 PM
Rweird:
OOOOOOOOOOO Tread Carefully....:smallcool:

Green:
Wildlands, To tell you the Truth,

And OOc..I kinda did that to test Rweirds Followers, Along with yours, Im pretty sure yours are good, Based on the Fight the way it was going. I have yet to actually test most of the Players (That have started) Followers...

rweird
2012-11-22, 09:54 PM
Same pausing this as before. "Those Gnolls are not just on your border, they where near other borders as well. We figured that destroying them with a targeted strike would rid all the nations of them. It was chance that we arrived just after you did, though I'd agree that it could seem engineered."

greenpotato
2012-11-22, 10:16 PM

"As you are an envoy of one of Izeldias servants perhaps I should inform you, although you probably already realize, that the nation of Bluemire is no more. There has been a civil war and the old royal family has been removed from power. I'm telling you this so that you can let your master know that very shortly we will be sending a new ambassador to replace the old Bluemire one in his capital and please not to interfere with any internal matters that take place within the embassy grounds." The ambassador says but quickly follows with "The embassy I mean, not these gnolls, no no.. we appreciate the help here" He finishes, almost sincerely.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-22, 11:25 PM
*Izeldias mister, He is not his father.

rweird
2012-11-23, 09:13 AM
"The people I speak for did not intend to interfere with your nation, or your embassy. Izeldias will be informed of such. We also would welcome an embassy in our city*, and, if you'd allow it, would like to set up one in Syang'Baddan City."

At Syang'Baddan, Finglythil receives several sendings from Uesiar-Thikor'auck (I'm not sure how many, I'll just write whatever I want, I can cast hundreds per round so it won't be an issue).

Greetings Finglythil, mother of men, I am Uesiar-Thikor'auck, the wyrm of heaven. I believe that you are aware of the skirmish off the border with the Gnolls and the following negotiations. I would like to set up an embassy in your city, and would like to inform you, that though I am a member of Izeldias's nation, his nation is divided into many different groups, I represent one of them, though there are many others. For our relations, I would like for my people to be considered a separate nation, unless hostilities occur between either nation at large.

Shady:
Considering how they feel about dragons, and the ruler of Dragonkind being a jerk kind of sends a message. I feel that pointing out that not all dragons are like that. I understand what we said earlier, though for this, the ship has already kind of sailed, I'll try to be more accurate in the future (though knowing more about each dragon kingdom [and the typical dragon] would be helpful).

I'm casting a few Sendings to Izeldias to tell him of the people I'm meeting with's dislike of us, that they are sending an ambassador to him, and that they do not want us to interfere in the replacement of the old ambassador, Bluemire has fallen. [I am quick enough to send a bunch of sendings in one round.]

Also, does the new ambassador arrive in our city?

*This is assuming, a new ambassador hasn't arrived in our city yet, If one has, disregard the part about welcoming one to our city.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-23, 04:53 PM
"The people I speak for did not intend to interfere with your nation, or your embassy. Izeldias will be informed of such. We also would welcome an embassy in our city*, and, if you'd allow it, would like to set up one in Syang'Baddan City."

At Syang'Baddan, Finglythil receives several sendings from Uesiar-Thikor'auck (I'm not sure how many, I'll just write whatever I want, I can cast hundreds per round so it won't be an issue).

Greetings Finglythil, mother of men, I am Uesiar-Thikor'auck, the wyrm of heaven. I believe that you are aware of the skirmish off the border with the Gnolls and the following negotiations. I would like to set up an embassy in your city, and would like to inform you, that though I am a member of Izeldias's nation, his nation is divided into many different groups, I represent one of them, though there are many others. For our relations, I would like for my people to be considered a separate nation, unless hostilities occur between either nation at large.

Shady:
Considering how they feel about dragons, and the ruler of Dragonkind being a jerk kind of sends a message. I feel that pointing out that not all dragons are like that. I understand what we said earlier, though for this, the ship has already kind of sailed, I'll try to be more accurate in the future (though knowing more about each dragon kingdom [and the typical dragon] would be helpful). I actually have more on that..Expect some PMs..

I'm casting a few Sendings to Izeldias to tell him of the people I'm meeting with's dislike of us, that they are sending an ambassador to him, and that they do not want us to interfere in the replacement of the old ambassador, Bluemire has fallen. [I am quick enough to send a bunch of sendings in one round.] Alright, Noted

Also, does the new ambassador arrive in our city? Yes

*This is assuming, a new ambassador hasn't arrived in our city yet, If one has, disregard the part about welcoming one to our city.

I speak in Color!

greenpotato
2012-11-23, 05:35 PM

"That is good to hear and I'm sure we can find somewhere that will be suitable within our city for you to use as an embassy"

Great Temple
Syang'Baddan City

Finglythil is sitting on her ruby throne when she receives the sendings and responds immediatly
Welcome Uesiar-Thikor'auck, I am willing to treat you as a separate entity to Izeldias and his nation. But first, I'm sure you realize that every dragon believes themselves to be so great to deserve the privilege you ask for. I would like some assurance or proof that something significant makes you stand out above the rest of your squabbling peers.
(shes trying to say that every arrogant dragon thinks themselves important enough for the special treatment you ask for and that she doesn't want to start sending special envoys to each dragon who thinks they deserve one or she would never stop)

rweird
2012-11-23, 05:43 PM
15 miles off the border

"Yes, we have contacted the city itself now, if that is all, I should be going."

Syang'baddan City

I realize this, a portal will open up in front of you, you will be able to prevent such with your divine status, I ask you not to, and look through it into my realm, and my city, a city full of dragons loyal to me, a celestial host.

With that, you sense a gate trying to open. Assuming you allow it to open:
The gate opens at the other end to the seven mounting heavens of celestia, a great city expands around you, full of many things, almost anything that can be dreamed up, dragons fly to and fro, though many are in human form, true seeing reveals them to be dragons.

Is this proof enough, or is there something else I could do to prove this?

greenpotato
2012-11-24, 12:40 AM
15 miles off the border

"Very well, thank you for your help" the ambassador says before returning to his men. They begin to search for any sort of clues that may lead them to the origin of the gnolls, tracks, residual magic aura's, anything that might remain of them and give any sort of clue.

Shady:
Rolling some skill checks I suppose;
Search: [roll0]
Survival:[roll1]

--------------------------------------------------
Syang'baddan City

Yes, I'm satisfied for now. May I use this portal to send the ambassador? Finglythil sends.

rweird
2012-11-24, 10:40 AM
15 miles off the border

The Archon smiles and disappears (great teleport).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syang'baddan City

Yes. Another portal opens up through the portal and a bridge of stone comes to connect them. The second portal leads to an open area in the city for you to construct your embassy. Extra-dimensional spaces are common in this city and are encouraged. My I send an ambassador to your city through this portal. Uesiar-Thikor'auck sends back.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-24, 02:42 PM
Shady:
Rolling some skill checks I suppose;
Search: [roll0]
Survival:[roll1]

Search: (So close to a auto fail..you got a "2"..xD)
Tracks lead North, With Some...Odd tracks that you cannot Identify, Alongside Gnoll tracks...Might wanna Roll a "Track" Roll, (I assume you have the feat?)
You Find a Hidden Cave, With some weapons, Food, And Some...Something's.
Roll a 2nd search for things in the cave.

Also, Some odd writeing is on the wall, attempt to decipher it?

greenpotato
2012-11-24, 04:53 PM

The Himayata continue to bustle about the caves searching for hints and clues.

Do I get some sort of bonus because there are thousands of men assisting these checks?
Track roll: [roll0]
Search the cave: [roll1]
Decipher script: [roll2]

-----------------------------------------------
Syang'baddan city

You may indeed she replies Although I would not advise sending a true dragon in his native form as your representative Finglythil says with genuine concern.
She then cups her hands together and closes her eyes for a full minute, when she opens her eyes again she also opens her hands to reveal a supernaturally beautiful human woman standing on her colossal golden palm. The young woman has the dark skin you are realizing is characteristic of the natives of this western land, her dark hair is so long it's as if it's never been cut. The woman wears very fine embroidered white robes and a rather oversized gold holy symbol.
This is Paavia, she will be my ambassador to your realm The Goddess says as the woman bows gracefully.
Finglythil lowers her had towards the portal and the woman steps through....

The other side of the portal

The young ambassador Paavia looks around the site for their embassy and begins construction with the casting of some arcane magic;
(Begins by casting Wall of stone a bunch of times)

rweird

BTW did you want to do any perception stuff on Finglythil? or the ambassador for that matter?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-24, 05:33 PM

The Himayata continue to bustle about the caves searching for hints and clues.
Okay, Let me get this stright, Your Main Troops are called
"Himayata "?

Do I get some sort of bonus because there are thousands of men assisting these checks? Nah...To many trackers spoil the scent...
Track roll: [roll0]
Search the cave: [roll1]

Track: The Tracks Identify more odd beasts, And every so often, remains of a Campsite are found. And more odd prints, Unidentifiable, But diffrent then the ones found among the Gnolls.
Cave: Death trap-Dc 30 And Reflex for half. [roll0]
And then some Gold at the back...Totaling 2,000Gp.
And if you sell the tortue Devices...3,000
And the "Things? Remains of People Captrued from your City
Also a Deep, dark staircase
Script: In the sunken city of Relyeh...Oops, Wrong thing. :smallbiggrin:
Mostly Evil Rites and such to a "Gnoll King".

Now comes the Hard part.
You have 10,001 People Here Right now, Correct?
How many track, And how many Continue down the staircase?

rweird
2012-11-24, 07:14 PM
Greenpotato:
Perceptions stuff, I have a feeling it won't get very far with either. I have perceptions to literally see both of them though, I'll identify all the spells Paavia casts. I'm also using Knowledge (any) +REALLY high to identify the power that created Paavia.

Any sensing your doing in return?

The Syang'baddan Embassy

Several dragons stop by (they change into a variety of non-dragon forms [celestials and humanoids for the most part]) and introduce themselves to Paavia as well as offer to help her get to know the city or build the embassy if needed.

Syang'baddan City

Well met Paavia. the sending says to her as she enters.

To Finglythil: I did not plan on sending a dragon, though they will stop by, not in draconic form when in the city though, would designing our embassy in an extra-dimensional space be permitted? It could be much easier. Also, why do your people dislike dragons so? A (Medium Animated Object) statue of a humanoid (genderless, no distinguishable race), made of silver appears, steps through the portal and bows to Finglythil)."I speak for Uesiar-Thikor'auck and his people." it says.

greenpotato
2012-11-24, 08:36 PM

Finding the stairs 100 men volunteer to go down. Another 100 follow the tracks while the 1000 that got hurt scrying remain behind with the rest keeping constant contact and ready to teleport to whichever group needs reinforcement.

Shady:
Himayata is more of a description, the Himayata are an order of religious extremist warriors. I'm using them because they are all I have stated up at the moment are they are fairly competent and unshakably loyal even if they are unruly and unpredictable.
I suppose you could call them main troops as they are essentially my generalist foot soldiers.

Syang'baddan City

You may create a coterminous demiplane but I ask that you also use a physical building in which it's entrance exists. I'm afraid that we are somewhat short of space in our city but nevertheless we have managed to find an apartment complex that you may use. "This pilgrim will show you the way." She says as she points at one of the thousands of humans who surround her and the young mans face lights up as he pushes his way forward through the crowd.
As for the issue of dragons, well. That is a complex issue, but, perhaps if I say that we are afraid of creatures who are so casual in their power and open about their ideas of superiority. Most dragons consider themselves far more important than any human, even the metallic dragons, and my people naturally have a rather hostile response to such thoughts. Call us racist if you like but we simply disagree that dragons are intrinsically superior to humans.

If the construct follows the man he will be led it through the press of pilgrims, out into the crowded courtyards and down bustling streets to an apartment building about five miles from the great temple. He explains that the building was the private residence of one of the Princes of Bluemire but that the Prince will not be using it any longer. It is a square 10 story marble mansion with a rather well established garden on its flat roof.

No magic auras or anything, it's not trapped, it's just a mundane if rather nice marble building

Embassy to Uesiar-Thikor'auck

Paavia thanks the dragons for their offer of help but asks that she build the embassy by herself. She agrees to the invitation to explore the city but waits until she has completed construction of the embassy.
Construction;
A couple more Walls of Stone
A few Stone Shapes
And a Rapid genesis in the center of the building to create a Coterminus Demiplane connected to the embassy building by a stone door.
She then enters the demiplane and the dragons can no longer see what she is doing. She returns a few moments later followed by a large number of other humans (1000) who then proceed to begin to mundanely craft the interior furnishings and finishing to pretty the place up.
If questioned about the humans she will say that they are embassy staff.

The completed building is a windowless stone cube 500ft by 500ft whose exterior is covered in golden reliefs of humans doing various things. At the buildings base are a number of very large open doorways all around the exterior flanked by square columns. The Cube sits in a compound surrounded by a 50ft high stone wall to delineate the border of the embassy grounds.

With the core of the embassy complete and staff in place to finish the minor details Paavia is keen to explore.

rweird

the whole point of doing in her clasped hands is so that no one could see what she was doing. Unless you've got some super-dooper sense, if so please specify what it is and how it works.
Also, what is the name of your nation?

rweird
2012-11-24, 09:55 PM
Syang'baddan City, Ivisiliarian Embassy

The ambassador enters the building, and after about a minute, creates a demiplane with a link inside the building. The ambassador enters his plane and returns with several more like him, each made of onyx instead of silver (24 of them). They stand patiently in the reception hall, waiting to see anyone that wishes to see them. In addition, we create four unseen servants (stronghold builder guide augment) in every stronghold space to assist anyone that needs it in any way.

Thank you, I presumed as much.

Ivisiliar, Capital City, Syang'baddan Embassy

The dragons bid her a good day and go on there way, leaving her with a map of the main city. They also inform her that the demiplanes are added and changed to fast to keep track of, though the central city stays relatively the same.

Greenpotato:
My nation is called Ivisiliar, it is celestial for "Kingdom of Hope and Joy".

I have vision with infinite range, and I can choose to see through solid objects (several hundred feet of them), I'd look through the portal when you closed your hands (you probably have a way to block this though).

greenpotato
2012-11-24, 10:27 PM
Capital City
Ivisiliar

Paavia wanders around the city, taking in the sights and being very friendly to all that she encounters. She is searching for some sort of administration building, a royal castle? A government house? A parliament?

She is also trying to gather information about what Ivisiliar produces (if anything) in terms of something worth trading.

Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

After about half an hour has passed since the new residents moved in there is a visitor to the new embassy. A very old Illumian man with milky eyes wearing a simple black robe and a small gold holy symbol on a chain around his neck, he is accompanied by two young women who each carry vast stacks of papers and books. The women are both wearing a similar robe to the mans but the cut is far more flattering.
He introduces himself to the new ambassador from Ivisil; "Greetings... I. am. Grand Vizer Meshab Marblehill" He says with an odd stalling mannerism.
"I..... havebroughtthe. deeds. and. necessary paperwork to legally establish an embassy" He indicates the papers that the women carry.

rweird

yeah, that's not going to do it.
I'm not really sure how to handle perception in this game because I'm pretty sure most PCs can see everything on the material plane with a fairly low spot check result

rweird
2012-11-24, 10:53 PM
Ivisiliar
Capital City

At the center of the city is a spire, reaching into the sky before vanishing into other dimensions. Anyone asked will say that that is the central building in the government.

The city seems to produce a great deal of luxuries, that are traded between dragons, though they do not seem the most highly valued. Occasionally you see a dragon in humanoid form performing some sort of task like farming, pottery making, smithing, weaving, etc, if asked, they'll say it is a hobby of theirs. The people seem to place intrinsic value on things made by hand, even if magic can make them faster, though they often use magic made things. Much of the economy seems to be barter based and gold, silver, platinum or copper are rarely seen excepts in artwork or other items.

Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

"Thank you." Says the ambassador, taking the papers and distributing them to the other workers, each scans over the papers and, if no scam or other legal matter is detected (I assume one isn't, though it is our policy to check), sign or do whatever else is needed to complete the transaction. "You can call me Egemser, ambassador of Ivisiliar. A pleasure to meet you Grand Vizer Marblehill" he says smiling, his voice warm, steady, and even. He speaks exactly how a word would properly be pronounced, as if reciting each word separately, though with a short enough pause, you can tell the sentence structure.

Greenpotato:
I still have a great deal of knowledge skills to try to narrow it down or determine it even though the exact process can't be seen. Would that tell me anything?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 12:38 AM
Green:

Can I have ya read the Other Spoiler and reply?

greenpotato
2012-11-25, 12:52 AM
Capital City
Ivisiliar

Thanking everyone for their help Paavia makes her way towards the tower, once there she tries to work her way up the chain of command to talk to the highest ranking government officials she can. She invites many dragons she comes across in this endevour to a party to be held at the new embassy and keeps going until she feels her charms will get her no further inviting the highest ranking dragons she can find.

Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

(Nah, no tricks)
"Very good... Ambassador Egemser. now. there are some other things that we must talk about. We need.. to talk. about. extradition and trade. It would be helpful if you reviewed our laws to see if there will be any issues" And he hands you a large stack of black leather bound books "And we would like to review your legal system with hopes of establishing a mutually agreeable extradition agreement" Marblehill says, it's clear there is some motive here that he is hiding from you.
"Also, on the issue of establishing trade it would be helpful if you informed us of any great need your people have or any great surplus. In return I will inform you that we are currently producing and excess of grain and that we have a number of precious metal mines that could be expanded for the export market. Do either of these things interest your people?" Due to his odd way of speaking your not sure if the mention of precious metals is some sort of slur against dragons or if he's being genuine. This Marblehill is an odd one to be sure.

rweird

Hmmm, I'm not sure if you can roll a knowledge check on a unique monster? You'd have no frame of reference, no history to draw upon right?
A spot check DC 480,000,000,000,330 will reveal some stuff about Paavia (this will be higher DC if shady gets rid of the 500HD cap)
Arcane sight reveals no magical or psionic effects. There was no magical or psionic effect when she appeared. You didn't have line of sight to what happened so you can only guess.

shady

I did didn't I?
The damage is not enough to write down even if they fail as they all have fast healing 20, I told you that 100 were going down and 100 were following the tracks while the rest remained. What else was there?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 01:16 AM
:smallredface: Err..Sorry, I only read the Spoilered text...:smallbiggrin:

100 That track:

The Trail leads on for a while, Until you reach a fairly new Campsite, Based on the fire, About 3 Hours ago the Fire was put out.
A soft rain begins as you enter the jungle...(Now leaving your area, Now in the Upper west area, Almost to the Mountain.)

100 that descend:
It leads to a Dark, Musty Dungeon.
Roll a Reflex (You know you love me.) Dc 35.
Spellcraft DC 82 on the walls....For something

rweird
2012-11-25, 12:46 PM
Ivisiliar
Capital City (it is the capital of the nation of Ivisiliar, not the other way around)

Many dragons seem to wish to attend the party. At the capital, if you ask to see the highest ranking individual, they inform you that Uesiar-Thikor'auck is currently indisposed due to a "agent of the Biovore" showing up and immediately talking with Uesiar-Thikor'auck. If you wish to see him in person, you can wait until that business in concluded, though he can speak with you now, or you can meet his second in command, "Alikrataleon". It seems that the lesser duties of the leaders can wait (or be dealt with by others) until the business with ambassador is resolved.

Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

The unseen servants take the lawbooks and the assistants read through them. (what is the basic rules, what is to be expected I presume, though is there anything interesting and unusual?)

"Thank you Grand Vizer Marblehill. Our legal system is rather simple, most disputes are judged by other citizens, if they can not be worked out otherwise. For trade, the government requires all cursed magical items, artifacts, and magical items with GP value of over 200,000 GP to be declared and submitted to the government for identification and scanning to see if it poses a threat. Other than that, we have very little control over trade inside our nation, or trade between our citizens and merchants of other nations, though nation to nation trade is, naturally under our control.

"As for exports, our people take interest in things that are crafted by hand, especially artwork, so if the metal is in something besides base form, our people would be interested, grain is not as much of an interest because, at least in large quantities due to our peoples angelic qualities, meaning that food is a commodity, not a necessity. We have stone, metals, fabrics, holy water, and magical items as potential exports."

Egemser seems to ignore or not notice the potential slur against dragons, and makes no note of the hidden motive.

Greenpotato:
I'm not sure, if it is a divine ability or the like, or anything that other creatures possess, I could quite likely learn of the ability.

I can pass that spot check.

rweird
2012-11-25, 02:20 PM
A Small Pesduodragon alights on Paavia's Shoulder, Weight barely registering.
"I Can Tell you anything you need to know, Miss...?"

OoC:
This is my city, not Izeldias's, just to make sure you understand this, so your dragon won't really be the most suited to answer questions about my city (OoC that is, IC, if it is a citizen, it would probably be highly informed).

rweird
2012-11-25, 02:30 PM
Another wyrm of power lives in MY city? Also, this is an OoC thing in a way, this is my city, I do what I want with it, you answering questions mean that you don't know if that is what I want unless we have a big coordinating thing about it, which would be harder than him asking me (or other of my citizens), which she has.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 02:39 PM
ah...
Edited and removed.

greenpotato
2012-11-25, 04:59 PM
15 Miles outside the border

the 100 that track stop to search the campsite before continuing on

[roll0] Search the camp for anything interesting
[roll1] Regain the trail

the 100 that descend:

Reflex: [roll2]
I can't pass the spell craft, DC is too high. I'll try anyway [roll3]

------------------------------------------------
Capital City (I thought correct syntax was to write the city first and then state?)
Ivisiliar

She didn't think she would get as high as the actual ruler but says to his second in command that if he is currently busy please pass on the invitation with her warmest regards to his master when he is unoccupied. She ask to be excused and says that she must return to continue preparations.

Results of that spot check:

Paavia is not a human, she is something very similar to a human in shape that is in a mundane disguise to conceal a few small details. Most notably; her long painted fingernails are in fact claws, her hair that flows to the ground is made of thousands of fine tentacles instead of hair folicles, her eyes have a cleverly concealed second aperture that is currently closed and her skin is as tough as adamantine. Also when you pass the spot check you realize that her impossible beauty is just that, it's like someone sculpted the perfect ideal of a woman and forgot to add the little flaws that make everyone real.
As for the knowledge, it's not a divine ability. If you could have seem through her hand all you would have seen is at the end of the minute a hole appear in Finglythils upper palm and Paavia drop out onto her other.

Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

Reviewing the legal system takes quite some time. It appears that the system they have in place is fairly straightforward and rather newly written.
What is essentially boils down too is when someone is accused of a crime they are assigned a lawyer, there are only government lawyers and no private ones. They can then be subject to trial and magical inquiry at the hands of a board of three judges. Punishments are usually varing periods of civil service accompanied by a fine but some greater crimes like murder and treason carry a death or life imprisonment upon conviction.
Every citizen has the right to a fair trial, the right to life, the right to free speech, the right to be free of slavery and freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
What Marblehill seems interested in is if our legal systems vary greatly on the issue of punishment for any crimes. (eg like in real life certain countries not extraditing to countries that have the death penalty) "I must say, not having judges and a legal system just believing that every joe blow dragon has the clarity of mind and legal acumen to pass judgement on any other. That's very.. dragon of you." he says with a wink.

There are a number of products that Syang'baddan could export as art. Craftsmen of this nation have been praised for terracotta ceramics, embroidered linen and gold jewelery. In return finer fabrics like cotton and silk as well as magic items are of great interest.
"I believe that our new ambassador is planning a party in your capital city, I'm sure that many fine examples of our artisans work will be on display in the new embassy"

rweird
2012-11-25, 05:48 PM
Uvusiliar(meaning city of hope and joy in celestial, I decided my capital is named that, now we can get past syntax which frankly I don't know much about)
Ivisiliar

In response, a portal opens up, and a soft voice drifts out saying ""I'm not busy, come and talk with me Paavia."", if entered, will find a rather cozy room with a balcony, the room is on the spire. Sitting facing out over the city is what appears to be a young girl of around five, in a simple blue dress. She turns as you enter, you see that here eyes are white, though for a moment, something seems to happen to them, Paavia sees a great expanse of space, mountians stretching to the heavens, worlds consumed by fire, hordes of demons being thrown into (great) disarray by a host of angels, galaxies swirling, civilizations rising and falling in the blink of an eye, and it is clear, that this girl, is powerful, and very, very old. Then, in a second it is over, and the eyes become a slightly glowing green.

"Well met Paavia, I am Alikrataleon, second in command of this nation." she says rising and walking to a simple table with two comfortable but simple chairs, she pulls one out and sits. "Please, sit." she says smiling. "This really is no trouble for me. Uesiar-Thikor'auck is sorry he can't make it, he is busy trying to find what some storm giant working for 'the Biovore'. He will try to see you later. Now, what is it you wanted to see me about?"

Spot Checks:
Would my Knowledge arcana tell me what it is or anything like it. I have suspicions of what it is (OoG, possibly IG as well).

Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

Our legal system is rarely used because the citizens are almost exclusively celestial, and thus rarely commit crimes, and the crimes committed are usually easy to right. Usually if a crime is committed, first the wronged and the criminal try to find a solution without any outside involvement, then, others come in to act as mediators, and see if with the others help, both parties can be satisfied, then, the mediators try to find solutions they propose, by this time, 99.99% of the time, both parties are satisfied, then the mediators will propose a solution that (if the majority approve), then would be carried out, provided both the wronged and the criminal don't disagree, in which case, it would be taken before a leader (this is something that almost never happens [once in a century if that] and is a major news story). If one side claims that threats or other methods (magical compulsion, blackmail, etc) where made in this process, the government would investigate.

"No, not the way a dragon would do it, Metallic dragons would bring there case before some other creature, possibly Bahumat or his representatives, Gem dragons would settle it with riddles or some other test of mental prowess, Chromatic dragons would use intimidation or force to get there way and the stronger would win, even if they are the party that committed the wrong. No, our justice system is the way celestials would do it, letting every angel have a chance to try to right the mistake of another, and because we are celestial, we rarely have problems with theft or whatnot, and often mediation will resolve it, without any formal sentencing. This works for us, because of our nature, though it probably wouldn't work for others. We don't have the death penalty, though we do have life imprisonment, most things are resolved with apologies, monetary compensation, public service, in rare cases, banishment for a set period of time or time in prison is also used.

"We look forward to seeing the wares at the embassy. Should we bring a sample of our wares to display for your people aw well?"

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 05:53 PM
Tracking:
Search turns up remains of a Meal (Some Pigs, And Human:smalleek:)
Nothing else of intrest.
You easily Pick the trail back up, The Rain increases A Slight, Before the Jungle Canopy stops most of it, (Watch out for Heavy raindrops though..:smallredface:) The sun sets, Casting a warm glow.
Knowlege: Nature DC 40.

Dungeon:
Alright, You saved for half.
Half the Warriors Dive back through the wall, Before it shuts.
The Arcane Glyph's Start to Glow, Teleport is inpossible, As is any magic.
Torches flare up, Casting a glow over the room.
Barren, Except for the Glyph's, And Some Gnoll Reamins, Mostly Partially Gone Skeletons, And One Skull.
Review the rules for air, Because in a bit, You start soffucating.

Is it just me, Or do you raise your Mod last roll...:smallconfused:

Rweird:

Poor me...Dragons talking and I dont even get to say anything...:smallfrown:

greenpotato
2012-11-25, 06:40 PM
Outside the border

The 100 that are pushing deeper into the jungle continue on.
knowledge nature [roll0]

The 50 that are trapped outside the wall begin to start digging, calling out to the thousands that remained behind for help. The other half push deeper into this mysterious place searching and trying to decipher the glyphs.

The trapped Himayata search the room; [roll1]
and try to decipher the glyphs [roll2]
The Himayata do not need to eat nor breath.
I did raise my reflex because I had forgotten a few rather significant modifiers. I also accident rolled a search instead of a survival for the track check. The Himayata are immune to anti-magic effects in a 1-inch envelope around their bodies.

-----------------------------------------------------
Uvusiliar
Ivisiliar

"What a great honor second-in-command Alikrataleon" Paavia says, oozing charm. "Let me formally introduce myself, I am Paavia Bhattacharya, Shakti of Finglythil, Servant of the Mother of Men and, if your Lord will accept me, ambassador to Ivisiliar" and she give an elegant curtsy. "I am here to invite you and your most gracious lord to a banquet and festivities that we are having to celebrate the opening of our embassy here in your beautiful city"

spot:
Knowledge arcana tells you nothing, she is not arcane in nature nor was the process used in her creation
-----------------------------------------------------
Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

"Well it's an unusual system to us mere mortals. Nevertheless I must ensure that you recognize our request for extradition even as it becomes more and more apparent that you seemingly do not need one in return." Says the wrinkled old illumian as he pulls out a pipe and begins to smoke it. "As for the trade wares, I think it would be a good idea. I am now officially inviting you to the party too Egemser" He finishes with a short nod.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 06:53 PM
Outside the border

The 100 that are pushing deeper into the jungle continue on.
knowledge nature [roll0]

The 50 that are trapped outside the wall begin to start digging, calling out to the thousands that remained behind for help. The other half push deeper into this mysterious place searching and trying to decipher the glyphs.

The trapped Himayata search the room; [roll1]
and try to decipher the glyphs [roll2]
The Himayata do not need to eat nor breath.
I did raise my reflex because I had forgotten a few rather significant modifiers. I also accident rolled a search instead of a survival for the track check. The Himayata are immune to anti-magic effects in a 1-inch envelope around their bodies.

Jungle:

The Trees are odd....

50 In the Dungeon:

The Digging is futile.
Searching Reveals a Odd Hole in the Wal.
The Glyphs Reamain unknown.
Only a blank Room...
Take 100 Damage, Flat, Because of The Acid Starting to pour from the celing.

rweird
2012-11-25, 08:34 PM
Uvusiliar
Ivisiliar

"Well met Paavia Bhattacharya, we formally accept you as ambassador to Ivisiliar, and welcome you to our city." She bows in return. "We accept your invitation to the party. When will the party be?"

Spot:
I guess that shoots down my idea, or maybe dungeoneering, nature, religion (though it not being divine makes me doubtful), or the planes. I have the same modifier on all the knowledge skills (or within about 2 because of synergies.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

"Very well, we officially recognize your request for extradition if you wish. We would like to have the same, though it is unlikely to be required. I accept your invitation to the party. When and where will it be?"

Shady:
You could send a dragon as a messenger to meet me or Alikrataleon or what have you.

greenpotato
2012-11-25, 09:57 PM
Outside the Border

The 100 Himayata moving through the forest stop as they realize there is something unusual about the trees.

The 50 underground continue to press on, and move through the strange hole. While the others try and get the door open.
Using their unusual abilities to replace their DR with acid resistance.
Manifest time hop on the door. If that doesn't work;
Disintergrate. If that doesn't work;
:smallfrown:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Uvusiliar
Ivisiliar

With another curtsy "Thank you. Somewhat short notice I know but the party is tonight, commencing at seven (ooc; I just realized we have to factor in time-zones between our two capitols :smallsigh:) at our newly constructed embassy here in the city at [location]" She says as she stands from the table "I wonder if you can see it from your balcony?" she wonders as she peers outside.
Turning back to Alikrataleon; "We will be showcasing our culture with a traditional Dhulnian banquet and traditional dance and song, I wonder if your culture has any taboos that may offend during the evening? You eat meat, correct? Is nudity a taboo? A particular part of an animal not usually eaten?" She asks, realizing she knows vary little about Ivisiliarians. "Oh, listen to me ramble on. I'm sure you have more important things to do than answer my questions" She finishes with a genuine laugh.

dungeoneering = bingo.
she is a 500HD unique aberration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

"Of course, as far as I'm concerned there are no issues of contention with your legal system but I will need to review things with my peers over the next few days as we write up a draft document" he says with a puff of his pipe. "The party is tonight at seven at our new embassy in Uvusiliar"

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-25, 10:22 PM
Outside the Border

The 100 Himayata moving through the forest stop as they realize there is something unusual about the trees.

The 50 underground continue to press on, and move through the strange hole. While the others try and get the door open.
Using their unusual abilities to replace their DR with acid resistance.
Manifest time hop on the door. If that doesn't work;
Disintergrate. If that doesn't work;
:smallfrown:

OOc:
Yeah, I tailored Stuff to combat each player..Sorry...I am mean...:smallamused:

100 in the Jungle:

The Trees...Have...Eyes...Instead of Fruit, They have Eyes...
Spot, Roll.
Oh yeah [roll0]
Looks like the 17th One in line Is Caught in a Trap that Wraps around his leg, And Speared through the gut.
Like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42411496@N00/2598522867/ So....

Underground:
Looks like :smallfrown:...
Start taking fire as well, As the Acid heats up....
.:smallamused:

greenpotato
2012-11-26, 01:40 AM
100 in the jungle start to hack away at the eye-trees around them with their hand weapons

([roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
Assorted two hand weapons[roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7] )x100.
well unless these spikes are adamantine hes not hugely worried.

The 50 underground step through the small hole.

rweird
2012-11-26, 06:56 AM
Uvusiliar
Ivisiliar

Alikrataleon points at the embassy, "You can see it from here.". (OoC: We live on different planes, we can say we have the same time zone) "We have few taboos, eating intelligent creature, or creatures that where not humanly treated, other than that, however, you should understand that some of us do not eat meat in general, though that is not cultural, us not needing to eat leads to many individuals with particular eating habits, though don't be offended if they don't eat one thing or another. Really, this is no trouble."

Greenpotato:
I presume it was created by the Entity feature of cosmic horror. I have that to so I think I could know (I for some reason thought aberrations where arcana).

Also, OoC, should the part in my nation be moved to my IC thread?

Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

"Thank you, we will also need time to review your legal system, and we shall be attending the party. Is there anything else you wish to see us about?"

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-26, 12:50 PM
100 in the jungle start to hack away at the eye-trees around them with their hand weapons

([roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
Assorted two hand weapons[roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7] )x100.
well unless these spikes are adamantine hes not hugely worried.

The 50 underground step through the small hole.

Dungeon
Well, You enter a diffrent room, And the hole seals...
Reflex for Spike Traps, Mithral (Note, It bypasses All DR) Spikes from Sides shoot out.

the 99 in the Jungle.

You make some nice lumber...:smallbiggrin: And Also hear a Loud Shriek.
The guy is kinda dead now, Mithral spikes...xD (You know I love mithral)

greenpotato
2012-11-27, 12:59 AM
Outsider the border

The 99 remaining Himayata begin to fly 300ft above the forest floor

The 50 Underground continue to move deeper into the complex

[roll0] Reflex

--------------------------------------------------------------
Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

"No, I think thats it for now" He stands up and extends his hand "Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing you tonight"

--------------------------------------------------------------
Great Temple
Syang'baddan City

Finglythil closes her eyes as the roar of adulation from the thousands of humans in the chamber washes over her.
Manifests Extended Temporal Acceleration and then does something..
(Just casting it once doesn't attract time dragons does it?)

rweird
2012-11-27, 05:47 PM
Ivisiliarian Embassy
Syang'baddan City

Egemser stands as well. "A pleasure to meet you as well. I look forward to meeting you again tonight."

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-27, 07:08 PM
Outsider the border

The 99 remaining Himayata begin to fly 300ft above the forest floor

The 50 Underground continue to move deeper into the complex

[roll0] Reflex

A Time Dragon appears, And Writes down something, And then Says:
"Your first offense. Be more careful next time"

99 Hunting:
They arrive in a clearing, Where they see the negotiations taking place.
Dungeon:

One of your warriors (Weapons/Spears/Something) Gets stuck in the hole, By some kind of Glue/Sticky thing.
The next room contains..a desk, And the Door Shuts, While Torches flare up.
More Runes/Writing Flares on the wall.
A Person is sitting at the desk, On the far wall.
He looks up, And Pushes his hood back, Revealing a Skull.
"What..Are you doing here? I thought I told those Gnolls to not let guests in!
Never mind, Sit, sit! I insist!"
A hundred chairs Appear, Each built to each member of your Squad.
"Would any of you like some wine? I have plenty!"

greenpotato
2012-11-27, 07:46 PM
Outside the Border

The 99 that come upon the meeting with their brothers turn around and fly back to the main group, taking the corpse of their fallen comrade with them.

Underground the 50 seem a bit surprised and rather pissed off "Dispense with the pleasantries, you tried to kill us!" none of them sit down.
------------------------------------------------------------
Great Temple
Syang'baddan City

Finglythil watches as the portal opens and the dragon comes through. Then, suspecting this as some sort of surprise attack she acts first.
For the DMs eyes only! I mean it! I'm inside a time stop behind a lead wall in my divine realm, you can't see me! Don't look you metagaming cheater!She uses one of her class features to figure out where it came from and then uses a Decerebrate (Fort save DC , does it matter) to remove the dragons brain.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-27, 10:41 PM
Outside the Border

The 99 that come upon the meeting with their brothers turn around and fly back to the main group, taking the corpse of their fallen comrade with them.

Underground the 50 seem a bit surprised and rather pissed off "Dispense with the pleasantries, you tried to kill us!" none of them sit down.
------------------------------------------------------------
Great Temple
Syang'baddan City

Finglythil watches as the portal opens and the dragon comes through. Then, suspecting this as some sort of surprise attack she acts first.
For the DMs eyes only! I mean it! I'm inside a time stop behind a lead wall in my divine realm, you can't see me! Don't look you metagaming cheater!She uses one of her class features to figure out where it came from and then uses a Decerebrate (Fort save DC 3.430064e+34934852790255622) to remove the dragons brain.

Dragon:

Passed. Hounestly, I would expect you to not do something like that...:smallamused:
"Please, I am not here to attack, Just to warn you about certian time rules...."

99:
They find some Gnolls munching on him
Underground:
"What? No, you see, I never tried, I only set the traps. You Set them off."

greenpotato
2012-11-27, 11:08 PM
Outside the Border

The 99 try and capture one of the gnolls for questioning

Manifest Psionic Dominate DC 41 will

Underground; "Why set such vicious traps if you meet guests with open arms?"
-----------------------------------
Great Temple
Syang'baddan City

"No creature may command me" The colossal woman roars at the intruder.
Ha, only for the DM!Naughty Boy!Does it feel good to metagame?Use total [ability]x6 to do the following; add all his ability scores to my charisma score, this then adds twice his total for all his ability modifiers to a second decerebrate. If he passes this save then the only way he could is by having immunity to fortitude or auto pass fortitude. If the power doesn't rip his brain from his head then I will attack him in melee.
I attack him a number of times equal to my charisma modifier + total of all his ability modifiers with each attack auto hitting, auto critting and doing 8x my charisma modifier + total of his ability modifiers each. This is a very large number.

OOC
I'm trying to stay out of trouble but people keep coming to me and destroying my city and/or telling me what to do. Whatever happened to not using main PCs/nuclear deterant? :smallbiggrin:

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-29, 07:57 PM
Outside the Border

The 99 try and capture one of the gnolls for questioning

Manifest Psionic Dominate DC 41 will

Underground; "Why set such vicious traps if you meet guests with open arms?"
-----------------------------------
Great Temple
Syang'baddan City

"No creature may command me" The colossal woman roars at the intruder.
Ha, only for the DM!Naughty Boy!Does it feel good to metagame?Use total [ability]x6 to do the following; add all his ability scores to my charisma score, this then adds twice his total for all his ability modifiers to a second decerebrate. If he passes this save then the only way he could is by having immunity to fortitude or auto pass fortitude. If the power doesn't rip his brain from his head then I will attack him in melee.
I attack him a number of times equal to my charisma modifier + total of all his ability modifiers with each attack auto hitting, auto critting and doing 8x my charisma modifier + total of his ability modifiers each. This is a very large number.

OOC
I'm trying to stay out of trouble but people keep coming to me and destroying my city and/or telling me what to do. Whatever happened to not using main PCs/nuclear deterant? :smallbiggrin:

99:
Gnolls Save, And Take off running.

Underground:

"Oh, I greet them, Because they Must have a Great Drive to get here, And That is wh...at....I...Ad..m..i..r..e..."
He then..Just stops Doing anything. He just stands their.

"Ma'am, Please, I would really, REALLY Not continue to attack, And If you continue to do so, I will have to write you up!"
Time Dragons are meant to combat anyone powerful enough to Slow/Fast/Stop time, And as such, When in Flux, Are Almost Demiurges.
Oh yeah, That will kill him, Once a Time Flux stops.

greenpotato
2012-11-29, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately for the dragon I have the Slipstream cosmic ability so it's time flux defense will not protect it. That means it's dead. Which ability killed it, removing it's brain or the full attack?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-29, 09:16 PM
The Ability does not matter, You may be riding along, But it is still technically IN the flux. And the Full attack

greenpotato
2012-11-29, 09:19 PM
I don't understand what you just said. Can you give me a link to this time flux thing it's doing?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-29, 09:34 PM
Time flux is my way of saying its natural slow/Fast Time Powers.
Right now, It is moving at about 20 times the Speed of normal people, In the way Time Stop works.

greenpotato
2012-11-29, 09:44 PM
Can you please go read what Slipstream does, it counters any time related ability. The dragon is dead.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-30, 07:42 PM
No, He is not, It Is sped up, Slipstream only Allows you to Tag along, As you are not affected, it is HIM He Naturally moves that fast, In the way you or I move normally.

greenpotato
2012-11-30, 07:48 PM
Ok, that's what slipstream does, it lets you move at the same speed as others hence why you get to act during time stops cast by others. You said this ability was similar to a time stop in that it accelerated his time frame. If it's a time stop like effect then I get to tag along and kill him.
I am not effected when someone casts a time stop either and yet slipstream negates time stop.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-30, 07:52 PM
I dont think you understand, Anytime he is IN a Time stop/effect Then he is powerful, Once It stops, He dies, Cruising along with him mearly means that you operate at his speed

greenpotato
2012-11-30, 08:40 PM
Why is it not dying then, it took enough damage to destroy it and yet it lives? I travel at the same speed as it so it's not getting extra rounds of fast healing or anything. I bypass DR, ignore regeneration... what is it doing to stay alive?

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-30, 08:59 PM
Okay, Lets see here:
If he was out of a Time Flux, Then He would be dead.
If he was in a Time Flux, He would survive nearly anything, Mearly opperating at his speed means nothing. He is alive because He is technically your level currently, Once a Time Effect ends, He dies, Which is kinda not going to happen, Because he IS the Time effect working, So you kinda have to have enough power to kill someone your level.

greenpotato
2012-11-30, 10:49 PM
DM's eyes onlyand now hes seen it so the text disappears like magic

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-30, 11:30 PM
Except those Immune to damage, And those that have infinite HP.
That did kill him, But Nothing happens except for his body turning to Sand, And those dissapearing. Now can we please Resume Normal stuff?

ShadowFireLance
2012-12-06, 11:25 PM
99:
Gnolls Save, And Take off running.

Underground:

"Oh, I greet them, Because they Must have a Great Drive to get here, And That is wh...at....I...Ad..m..i..r..e..."
He then..Just stops Doing anything. He just stands there.