PDA

View Full Version : Weird optimization

Zelkon
2012-11-20, 09:08 PM
How would you optimize a 6th level character with feats only through class and for PrCs? In addition, only LA counts against ECL. Racial HD don't exist (you don't gain the benefit of them, nor do you pay for them).

mucco
2012-11-20, 09:30 PM
Um, not sure what you mean by "RHD don't exist". Should I ignore them completely?

Let's do it! With the first match I get from MM1: the Athach has +5 LA and 14 RHD which I seem to understand are to be waived away.
Athach Psywar 1. Huge size, +16 Str +2 Dex +10 Con -4 Int +2 Wis -4 Cha, a natural attack with poison, +8 natural armor, darkvision. Has probably only about 15 hp, but he can probably Vigor his way to survival. With a reach of 6 squares (spiked chain right) and a couple flaws, He will nab Combat Reflexes, put a good score on Int as well as a ++ item and get Combat Expertise and Improved Trip, and nothing will ever get to him. Also, get a psicrystal because it is good (future Share Pain+Vigor). This guy will be invincible at tripping, and will probably only suffer for a level or two before his HP catch up (they will). And think of Expansion!

But Iprobably misunderstood your request.

Zelkon
2012-11-20, 09:44 PM
Um, not sure what you mean by "RHD don't exist". Should I ignore them completely?

Let's do it! With the first match I get from MM1: the Athach has +5 LA and 14 RHD which I seem to understand are to be waived away.
Athach Psywar 1. Huge size, +16 Str +2 Dex +10 Con -4 Int +2 Wis -4 Cha, a natural attack with poison, +8 natural armor, darkvision. Has probably only about 15 hp, but he can probably Vigor his way to survival. With a reach of 6 squares (spiked chain right) and a couple flaws, He will nab Combat Reflexes, put a good score on Int as well as a ++ item and get Combat Expertise and Improved Trip, and nothing will ever get to him. Also, get a psicrystal because it is good (future Share Pain+Vigor). This guy will be invincible at tripping, and will probably only suffer for a level or two before his HP catch up (they will). And think of Expansion!

But Iprobably misunderstood your request.

That's about right, but the level cheese is a bit much. It's fun to be both practical and impractical though, so feel free to list any kind of build.

Urpriest
2012-11-20, 09:47 PM
If RHD actually don't count in a straightforward way, then you play a Black Ethergaunt and are a 17th level+ Wizard. But I'm assuming you're not applying it that way.