PDA

View Full Version : How to make lots of enemies flat-footed, or otherwise subject to sneak attack?

Hirax
2012-11-20, 09:30 PM
I have a wizard2/SA thug fighter1/ranger2/unseen seer10, with greater TWF. 6 kobolds (or whatever, only an example creature) stand before me, all 10-50 feet away. This is midway through combat, so they are not flat-footed for not having acted. I have 6 attacks, and want to hit each kobold once (by throwing daggers), applying my full sneak attack damage. How can I get them all to be flat-footed, or otherwise subject to sneak attack damage? Chained distract assailant is one possibility. It's nice because it has a swift action casting time, but with a DC of -4 for all non-primary targets on a level 1 spell, that's only a DC of 7+casting stat.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-11-20, 09:39 PM
Clarion Commander (ToB) has a function that allows you to make a DC 20 (or something like that) Intimidate check to treat all enemies as flanked for the encounter. It has some steep pre-requistes though: +6 BAB, White Raven Defence and thus 2 White Raven maneuvers.

Amidus Drexel
2012-11-20, 10:35 PM
If these kobolds don't have 5 ranks in balance, you could use the spell grease. You should be able to fit them in the area of the spell (fairly close, by you description), although you might run into a problem as far as attacking them goes if you don't have any ranks in balance.

dantiesilva
2012-11-20, 10:45 PM
Knights move in essence makes you flank automatically, does not say flank who or how many.

Wookie-ranger
2012-11-20, 10:49 PM
Marbles. Get lots and lots of glass marbles. put them all on your floating disk ad when you need to cover an area covered end the spell. Marbles everywhere!
btw a floating disk can carry 100lb per caster level, so you you carry a few hundred pound s of them.
oh, and they are fully reusable (unless you happen to be near a Big Red and you stand right in a big pile or them, but I would rather not go into this)

As said before: everything that does not have 5 ranks in balance in flatfooted.

this is just one delivery method. You have magic, think of something!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-11-20, 10:53 PM
Wand of Snowsight (Frostburn), which you can use due to your Ranger levels. Cast Obscuring Snow (Frostburn), use a reach weapon. They can't see you, so they don't get any Dex bonus to AC. Be sure you're ready to dodge books.

Boci
2012-11-20, 10:57 PM
Knights move in essence makes you flank automatically, does not say flank who or how many.

It doesn't say you, but it specifies an enemy, i.e. singular. To me it seems you teleport, but must end up in a position in which you flank. How are you reading it?

@ OP: Greater invisibility. Maybe invisibility and whirling blade (but you might become visible after the first creature if effected, ask DM). If the later works it should combine well with swfit invisbibility.

Gavinfoxx
2012-11-20, 11:03 PM
Isn't there a spell called Ice Slick, which is like a super-Grease, somewhere?

Or other similar spells??

Wookie-ranger
2012-11-20, 11:15 PM
Isn't there a spell called Ice Slick, which is like a super-Grease, somewhere?

Or other similar spells??

Ice Slick (Frostburn)
Level: Cleric 1,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: One 20-ft. square
Duration: 1 round/level (D)

Hirax
2012-11-20, 11:35 PM
They can't see you, so they don't get any Dex bonus to AC.

Wait, that's right. Duh, I'm an idiot, all I needed all along was greater invisibility.