PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Cool eidolon ideas

Admiral Squish
2012-11-21, 10:23 AM
So, I'm putting the finishing touches on a relatively low-level evil summoner NPC with a pretty nifty eidolon. But I think the free-form nature of eidolons makes them extremely interesting, with a lot of potential for cool designs and concepts you couldn't do with normal D&D characters. So, I wanna hear about the coolest eidolons you've met, made, or fought.

The one I just finished:
Serpentine body, replace tail slap with sting. Shadow body, Energy Attacks (acid), Head
A two-headed shadowy serpent, a spirit of treachery, full of poisons and deceit. The creature's body is cast of living shadow, only mostly real. Eyes of emerald glint out of the darkness of it's diamond-shaped head. Unlike it's cloudy body, it's fangs are clearly defined and solid, polished obsidian teeth that drip fat, sizzling drops of corrosive venom. Lashes out and slithers about the battlefield, only bringing it's stinger to bear when foes close in.

doko239
2012-11-21, 03:05 PM
What level exactly? I can suggest some awesome ideas, or alternatively some utterly brutal combat build ideas, depending on your level of GM-Evil :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Energy Attacks pegs your build at minimum 5th level, so I'll start with that.

5th level Eidolon has 8 evolution points to play with, and 4 natural attacks.

For a melee monster build, I'd go with Quadruped form, with Arms (2 pts), 2x Claws (1 pt), Improved Damage [Claws] (1 pt), Pounce (1 pt), and Rend (2 pts). Basically envision a Centaur merged with a Dinosaur.

For something less powerful in combat, try Serpentine form, 3x Tentacle (1 pt each), Reach [tentacle] (1 pt), Grab (2 pts), Constrict (2 pts). Eldritch horror from beyond the stars! Just grab and grapple each round.

grarrrg
2012-11-21, 09:29 PM
Serpentine body, replace tail slap with sting. Shadow body, Energy Attacks (acid), Head
A two-headed shadowy serpent...

Skip the Head.
Unless/Until you have something that NEEDS a head, it is a straight up WASTE of 2 Evo-Points.
Your Eidolon can LOOK however you want it too, so just SAY it has 2 Heads.

Also, ADDING a Head to your Eidolon technically results in a ONE headed Eidolon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221870)...

Deathkeeper
2012-11-21, 09:33 PM
I played a Summoner in a Pirate campaign over the summer. The eidolon was meant to be sort of a pseudo-Balor with a Greatsword, but since we didn't want him lighting the deck on fire with Flaming Natural Attacks I just made him more of a Gargoyle. With a giant sword.
And while it's very, very silly, the Gundolon build (Ten arms, nine pistols) sounds hilarious to play.

grarrrg
2012-11-21, 11:06 PM
And while it's very, very silly, the Gundolon build (Ten arms, nine pistols) sounds hilarious to play.

Sadly, it takes a while for a Gundolon to really get going.
Between the bare minimum levels, and the cost of all those Guns/Bullets/Powder, it can take quite a while.