PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4E] Threats to the Nentir Vale (OOC)



Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Hircine
2013-02-19, 05:56 PM
Meltheim for your first move with Salim you took two minors and a standard. You won't be able to move.

Meltheim
2013-02-19, 06:07 PM
Angelic Alacrity allows a shift as part of the attack, that's how he moved.

Avenger Attack 1 Angelic Alacrity
You focus divine energy through your body to gain uncanny speed as you make your attack.

Encounter Divine, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon

Effect: Before the attack, you shift 2 squares.

Censure of Pursuit: The number of squares you shift equals 1 + your Dexterity modifier. (Salim has Dex mod of 3, so he shifted 4)

Hircine
2013-02-19, 07:25 PM
Alright I should have just checked the power myself. Anyway you've killed HR1 and HM so I'm going to call this battle here. I hope to have a new post up before too long.

Meltheim
2013-02-19, 08:28 PM
Alright - remember that Arthurian is MIA so feel free to write Salim out (or let me do it). I could easily see him being too young to go out on his own right now and instead to stay home to spread the word of the cult of Torog that is growing in Fallcrest.

Rjanag
2013-02-19, 10:00 PM
Well, Sen sure made herself useful in this encounter! (as a pincushion)

Hircine
2013-02-19, 10:01 PM
On another note I've got three potential replacement players lined up and ready to join. I would like to get each of your thoughts on who we should bring in. You can either post your selection here or send it to me through a PM.

Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14741650#post14741650)

Meltheim
2013-02-19, 10:50 PM
Sent you my thoughts.

Irish Musician
2013-02-19, 11:02 PM
Honestly I would say the sorcerer or rogue, just for more damage. I honestly dont' know much about Battleminds, so I will defer to others' expertise on that one.

18th Avenger
2013-02-20, 10:47 AM
Oh, what happened to the hostage?

Meltheim
2013-02-20, 11:55 AM
Heal check for Samel.

[roll0]

edit: WOOHOO!

Hircine
2013-02-21, 10:13 PM
You need three successful heal checks to save the cultist. Also I still need Rjanag and 18th to provide their thoughts on our replacement PC.

Rjanag
2013-02-21, 10:29 PM
Sorry, forgot about that, just sent my preferences by PM.

As for the heal checks, Sen has a very poor chance of actually hitting the DC, although if we need I can have her roll an aid another. Right now I feel like she's not in the mood yet to start healing a guy who was just trying to kill her (even though he could be a valuable information source), so I didn't have her roll one; she might need a shouting at from one of the others to snap out of it :smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2013-02-22, 12:45 AM
You need three successful heal checks to save the cultist. Also I still need Rjanag and 18th to provide their thoughts on our replacement PC.
The sorcerer looks good. And I'm asking about the hostage. Where is she?

Hircine
2013-02-22, 02:38 AM
The sorcerer looks good. And I'm asking about the hostage. Where is she?

Don't worry that will be revealed once the situation with this cultist is resolved.

Megatron46
2013-02-22, 09:17 AM
Hi folks. Thanks for voting in Kallik as your replacement. Looking forward to joining the game. Will catch up on the IC thread and join in. Quick question Hircine, how us Kallik joining the game?

18th Avenger
2013-02-22, 10:30 AM
Hi folks. Thanks for voting in Kallik as your replacement. Looking forward to joining the game. Will catch up on the IC thread and join in. Quick question Hircine, how us Kallik joining the game?
Welcome to the game, Megatron. I've been meaning to get a Decepticon shirt... :smallbiggrin:

Well, there was a pretty big scuffle in one of the residential areas... Word will eventually filter back as people begin to get closer for a peek. Maybe you're one of the spectators?

Hircine
2013-02-22, 11:44 PM
At this point it seems very unlikely that you'll be able to save the cultist. Unless both Salim and Sen decide to roll and succeed the check. I'll wait a while to get your thoughts but more than likely I will advance the story so things don't get held up.

Megatron I'll send you a PM so we can discuss how you'll enter the game.

Rjanag
2013-02-22, 11:57 PM
Sorry, I was thinking the others could make multiple checks while Sen stood aside. I'll roll up something in the IC to keep things moving, just a sec...

Rjanag
2013-02-23, 12:03 AM
D'oh! And I think she just killed him...

18th Avenger
2013-02-23, 10:58 AM
Yep, I think we killed him. Or we definitely ended him. :smalleek:

Meltheim
2013-02-23, 11:30 AM
I can just see "well he started bleeding when we pulled the sword out, so maybe if we stick it back in???"

hahaha

Megatron46
2013-02-23, 05:45 PM
Thanks Hircine. Happy to wait until the introduction of Kallik makes sense in the world of the game.

Hircine
2013-02-25, 09:51 PM
New IC post is up!

Irish Musician
2013-02-26, 12:21 PM
I forgot to add it, but during our discussion, we are taking our 5 mins rest, I assume? :smallamused:

Hircine
2013-02-28, 06:49 PM
I apologize for the delay everyone but I should have the next IC post up shortly.

Irish Musician
2013-02-28, 10:51 PM
I love it when Thornin talks to people.......it is just great :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-02-28, 11:57 PM
I love it when Thornin talks to people.......it is just great :smallbiggrin:

Celtic did you see the OOC.

Irish Musician
2013-03-01, 12:38 AM
Celtic did you see the OOC.

Oh! No I didn't, I will continue on with my post then and add a little there :smallsmile:

EDIT: IC post edited/updated Hircine

Megatron46
2013-03-01, 08:51 AM
Okay. So finally got round to finishing the IC thread! Fun reading guys, with a nicely bloody little scrap at the end there!

Hircine
2013-03-01, 01:05 PM
I'm just posting this since I notice the subscription didn't update. I will probably wait until some of the others post before proceeding.

Meltheim
2013-03-01, 01:14 PM
I hate to meta-game like this, but what is the relationship between the Church of Pelor and the guards?

Rjanag
2013-03-01, 01:26 PM
I'm just posting this since I notice the subscription didn't update. I will probably wait until some of the others post before proceeding.

Sorry, I'll have a post up by the end of the day.

Irish Musician
2013-03-01, 06:02 PM
I hate to meta-game like this, but what is the relationship between the Church of Pelor and the guards?

Not to put words in Hircine's mouth, but I would think you would know the relationship between the church and the guards, so I Wouldn't call it metagaming. But, like I said, that would be a Hircine call :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-03-01, 06:16 PM
Not to put words in Hircine's mouth, but I would think you would know the relationship between the church and the guards, so I Wouldn't call it metagaming. But, like I said, that would be a Hircine call :smallbiggrin:

Hahah, yeah I wasn't sure where the line is drawn. I know that I let players own these sorts of relationships when I DM, but I wasn't sure how Hircine does it. if Hircine has a set idea on how the Church and Guards interact (i.e. the guards hate the church for overstepping bounds, the church and guards are best friends, etc.) then I wanted to play appropriately.

Of course, I got a ridiculous Insight check roll, so I figure that's one way to do it :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-03-01, 06:58 PM
Hahah, yeah I wasn't sure where the line is drawn. I know that I let players own these sorts of relationships when I DM, but I wasn't sure how Hircine does it. if Hircine has a set idea on how the Church and Guards interact (i.e. the guards hate the church for overstepping bounds, the church and guards are best friends, etc.) then I wanted to play appropriately.

Of course, I got a ridiculous Insight check roll, so I figure that's one way to do it :smallbiggrin:

I can provide some basic guidelines but that's really up to you. The two groups have worked together in the past to deal with threats to Fallcrest. Only a small minority worship the Sun God but he is well respected by the town's defenders.

Hircine
2013-03-04, 12:06 PM
Sorry for the delay everyone but a pretty large post is incoming. Megatron I haven't forgotten about you and I hope to have a PM done soon.

Meltheim
2013-03-04, 12:55 PM
I can provide some basic guidelines but that's really up to you. The two groups have worked together in the past to deal with threats to Fallcrest. Only a small minority worship the Sun God but he is well respected by the town's defenders.

Ok, great. I'll adopt the "mutual respect, so long as neither oversteps the other's bounds" sort of situation. Like, they leave church business to us, we leave city business to them. And our assassins will try to clean up before anyone notices :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2013-03-04, 07:25 PM
rolling insight: [roll0]

Megatron46
2013-03-05, 05:52 PM
Stealth [roll0]

Hircine
2013-03-07, 12:38 PM
Celtic did you see the OOC post?

Irish Musician
2013-03-07, 01:17 PM
Celtic did you see the OOC post?

Yeah, sorry, haven't gotten to it yet. Was going to put up a response now, actually :smallsmile:

18th Avenger
2013-03-09, 07:29 AM
Welcome to the cast, Megatron. :smallbiggrin:

Sense Motive
[roll0]

Megatron46
2013-03-09, 07:32 AM
Cheers! looking forward to being part of the game!

Irish Musician
2013-03-09, 12:56 PM
Well I can't say I could be happier about meeting your character in this way, Mega. Thornin is in his perfect Thornin style! :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2013-03-09, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the cast, Megatron. :smallbiggrin:

Welcome, that is, if you can survive the guy with the beard :smalltongue:

Megatron46
2013-03-11, 11:53 AM
Well I can't say I could be happier about meeting your character in this way, Mega. Thornin is in his perfect Thornin style! :smallbiggrin:
It's fun! My other character here in the playground is stoic and noble! I'm looking forward to playing a more dubious, amoral character and Thornin's aggressive opening let's Kallik snap back. :smalltongue:

Meltheim
2013-03-11, 06:33 PM
Hey all - I talked to Hircine and he said he'd be ok with this ....

I currently DM a couple of other games, and one is in need of another player or two. It's a 4e game, set in the Dark Sun campaign setting.

Here's the link to the recruiting thread. If any of you are interested, I'll give you priority over an unknown/random person who applies through the thread. Keep in mind I only have 2 slots though.

Thanks!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275475

18th Avenger
2013-03-12, 07:53 AM
Hey all - I talked to Hircine and he said he'd be ok with this ....

I currently DM a couple of other games, and one is in need of another player or two. It's a 4e game, set in the Dark Sun campaign setting.

Here's the link to the recruiting thread. If any of you are interested, I'll give you priority over an unknown/random person who applies through the thread. Keep in mind I only have 2 slots though.

Thanks!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275475

Thanks for the offer, Meltheim. I'll give it some thought, though. While Dark Sun isn't part of the top ten among my favorite settings, it's alright because it give me this Conan-type vibe. :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-03-13, 08:33 AM
Threatening Thornin.....Oh this will be fun :smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2013-03-13, 07:23 PM
Wow, it's like Lann wasn't even there... :smalltongue:

Hircine
2013-03-13, 07:39 PM
Megatron, I'm fairly curious how you'll integrate with the party.

Irish Musician
2013-03-13, 10:19 PM
Wow, it's like Lann wasn't even there... :smalltongue:

Heh, yeah. Pretty much no one can get in the way of a dwarf when he is pissed off :smallamused:

Megatron46
2013-03-14, 01:52 AM
Megatron, I'm fairly curious how you'll integrate with the party.

I have some ideas, granted not the best initial meeting between PCs, but quite fun nonetheless!

Megatron46
2013-03-14, 03:01 AM
Clearly Kallik, despite being a career criminal, knows bugger all with a nat 1

18th Avenger
2013-03-19, 11:49 AM
Okay, Hircine, what are we looking at? Is it a one-story beach house deal? Any way in for Kallik to do his thing?

Megatron46
2013-03-21, 01:06 AM
Thievery roll take too [roll0]
And apolgies for the delay in posting, my students had their performance exam yesterday....ahhhh 16 year old drama students...the best kind, no hysterical over reacion at all! :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-03-24, 03:54 PM
Can we make active perception rolls and know whatever info is spoilered?

Hircine
2013-03-25, 01:17 AM
Can we make active perception rolls and know whatever info is spoilered?

Go right ahead.

Rjanag
2013-03-25, 03:39 AM
Perception roll for Sen: [roll0]

18th Avenger
2013-03-27, 11:11 AM
Sweet, I get XP for proper delegation. :smallcool:

Meltheim
2013-03-27, 11:23 AM
We all have a part to play :smallbiggrin:

Megatron46
2013-03-27, 11:54 AM
Sweet, I get XP for proper delegation. :smallcool:
Delegation- the sign of a true warlord!:smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2013-03-27, 12:57 PM
Now I just gotta be forceful enough to lead my group in an up-coming IRL campaign. What do you think, team? Do I stick with a dwarf or switch up with a daeva (calling it an aasimar)?

It'll be set in Forgotten Realms, during the time of the Bhaalspawn. :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-03-29, 07:59 PM
So where are you going to look first?

18th Avenger
2013-03-29, 09:15 PM
Gonna be 'round Neverwinter, helping Lord Gnasher out with certain problems of his.

Meltheim
2013-03-30, 12:40 AM
So where are you going to look first?

I'm around, but Samel is still new to the group so I'm just of hanging back - I have no idea what the rest of the party is investigating. Don't worry, I'm here still.

18th Avenger
2013-03-30, 07:27 AM
Oh... You meant in character.

Anyway, if Samel's gonna hang back, Lann will be with him. He'll explain that between Thornin and Sen, they never failed to chase down anything. And with Copperdance, things should be easier to find.

I'd suggest the book cases. Failing that, look for loose floorboards.

Hircine
2013-03-30, 08:54 AM
Oh... You meant in character.

Anyway, if Samel's gonna hang back, Lann will be with him. He'll explain that between Thornin and Sen, they never failed to chase down anything. And with Copperdance, things should be easier to find.

I'd suggest the book cases. Failing that, look for loose floorboards.

There isn't a bookshelf. :smallconfused: There's a table in the center of the shack and the warded desk in the corner.

Megatron46
2013-03-30, 12:57 PM
Wow Kallik really can't perceive anything! I may have to retrain the perception skill when we level up.

Rjanag
2013-03-30, 06:54 PM
Uh-oh!

How deep is the pit Kallik fell in?

Megatron46
2013-03-31, 11:16 AM
Wow Kallik is smoooooooooth!:smalltongue:
And it was 1d10 falling damage so I guess 10 feet.

Irish Musician
2013-03-31, 10:53 PM
Well, tell Thornin to smash...... :smallamused:

Meltheim
2013-03-31, 11:17 PM
soft critting inanimate objects? hax

Hircine
2013-04-05, 11:37 AM
I don't know if a notification was sent out but a new IC post is up.

Meltheim
2013-04-05, 11:42 AM
Did anything come out of my arcana check?

edit: D'oh! Yes yes, saw it now.

Hircine
2013-04-05, 11:47 AM
Did anything come out of my arcana check?

edit: D'oh! Yes yes, saw it now.

Just to make sure there was spoilered text for everyone but Rjanag.

Meltheim
2013-04-05, 12:00 PM
well hopefully a 14 arcana is enough :smallbiggrin: i can't roll for crap!

Hircine
2013-04-05, 12:39 PM
well hopefully a 14 arcana is enough :smallbiggrin: i can't roll for crap!

There are two ways of disrupting the trap. Succeed on a DC 20 Arcana check or a DC 15 Thievery check.

18th Avenger
2013-04-05, 12:48 PM
That means Megatron's up to bat. :smallwink:

Megatron46
2013-04-08, 04:05 PM
Wahey XP!
And
Wooooo, a new lead!
To save typing it all out if people just read the Kallik OOC in Hircine's post to 'hear' Kallik read the letter.

Meltheim
2013-04-08, 04:18 PM
I read it in Morgan Freeman's voice, for the record :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-04-08, 05:02 PM
I've made some additions to the spreadsheet that I think will be helpful. I've added maps of the Nentir Vale and Fallcrest(with the legend) for ease of access. A wishlist page has also been added so please plug in magical equipment you might want.

@Megatron I forgot to ask for this earlier but can I please get a 120x120 png image for encounter maps.

@IrishMusician There is an OOC for Thornin.

Link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArV_dKMpcV5adExSdEhUcGNZLWxUcHVCOFlmOFhOU mc#gid=1)

Megatron46
2013-04-09, 11:21 AM
I read it in Morgan Freeman's voice, for the record :smallbiggrin:
And that is exactly how he sounds! ..... or like Patrick Stewart, haven't decided yet!:smalltongue:
@Hircine. I'll get one up soon. I'm away fromhome for a few days but when I'm back I'll get one sorted.

Hircine
2013-04-09, 12:19 PM
Is everyone ready to head back to Faringray?

Meltheim
2013-04-09, 02:26 PM
I am ready!

Rjanag
2013-04-09, 03:43 PM
Ready am I!

On an unrelated note: do we have XP from the fight at Blackwater's house? I don't remember getting it (but I might have just missed it. Right now I have 220 written down for myself (100 for the skill challenge with Faringray, 50 for investigating leads, 50 for the leghold traps Kallik disabled, and 20 for the runes). 18th and Irish, does this match what you guys have?

Edit: Never mind, I just checked out the Google spreadsheet and over there it says we should be at 320. So I'll update my records for that.

Megatron46
2013-04-09, 03:54 PM
Me too, although Kallik may lurk at the back of the group trying to avoid Faringray's attention.
Do you want Kallik to match the XP of the other characters Hircine or be a bit behind? I don't mind how you want to play it.

Meltheim
2013-04-09, 04:16 PM
Ready am I!

On an unrelated note: do we have XP from the fight at Blackwater's house? I don't remember getting it (but I might have just missed it. Right now I have 220 written down for myself (100 for the skill challenge with Faringray, 50 for investigating leads, 50 for the leghold traps Kallik disabled, and 20 for the runes). 18th and Irish, does this match what you guys have?

Edit: Never mind, I just checked out the Google spreadsheet and over there it says we should be at 320. So I'll update my records for that.

I'm totally not tracking XP. I figure we'll level together, right?

edit: by the way in my IC post I am totally insinuating that we dress Thornin in Halfling drag and have him pretend to be the prisoner.

Hircine
2013-04-09, 05:55 PM
Me too, although Kallik may lurk at the back of the group trying to avoid Faringray's attention.
Do you want Kallik to match the XP of the other characters Hircine or be a bit behind? I don't mind how you want to play it.

You each have the same amount of xp.

18th Avenger
2013-04-09, 11:01 PM
Let's roll! :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2013-04-10, 09:46 AM
edit: by the way in my IC post I am totally insinuating that we dress Thornin in Halfling drag and have him pretend to be the prisoner.
This.....this is something not lost on Thornin. He isn't super quick, but he is really good at putting strategies together, and this one he won't be liking :smalltongue:

Hircine
2013-04-10, 10:02 AM
This.....this is something not lost on Thornin. He isn't super quick, but he is really good at putting strategies together, and this one he won't be liking :smalltongue:

Did you see the ooc for thornin on the last page?

Irish Musician
2013-04-10, 10:41 AM
Did you see the ooc for thornin on the last page?
Oh yeah, I did. Just forgot to post about it.:smalltongue: I'll update my current post with a little "Thornin found gold" bit at the beginning

Meltheim
2013-04-10, 10:47 AM
This.....this is something not lost on Thornin. He isn't super quick, but he is really good at putting strategies together, and this one he won't be liking :smalltongue:

Hahahaha. Dwarves are somehow the best comedic relief. I have no idea why. :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-04-10, 10:48 AM
Hahahaha. Dwarves are somehow the best comedic relief. I have no idea why. :smallbiggrin:

Esp when they don't mean to be (even though I mean him to be) :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Uh oh :smalleek:.....you spoke of shaving the beard......I cannot be responsible for what happens next......

Meltheim
2013-04-10, 03:35 PM
Esp when they don't mean to be (even though I mean him to be) :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Uh oh :smalleek:.....you spoke of shaving the beard......I cannot be responsible for what happens next......

bwahaha.

but now I need to watch Fistful of Dollars for some awesome poncho action.

Megatron46
2013-04-10, 04:13 PM
Cross dressing is always funny when the individual wearing the dress is burly and has a beard!:smalltongue:

18th Avenger
2013-04-11, 01:43 PM
Me an' my bloody big mouth. :smalleek:

Before I post, I gotta get everyone's input on this. We gotta lose Anlow to tell Faringray. Or do we go ahead with the crossdressing and the murdering the cultists first?

Meltheim
2013-04-11, 04:37 PM
I personally think we should lose Anlow first, then discuss the sting operation with Faringray.

Megatron46
2013-04-11, 04:38 PM
I say we gotta keep Faringray in the loop. We have a few options; one of us keeps Anlow distracted/occupied and the others tell Faringray; one of us sneaks off to tell Faringray and the others stick with Anlow; we spin a yarn for Anlow and send him off on a wild goose chase. Whatever happens we tell the big man so he is aware of what we're doing, if we can get the documents to him all the better, but that can be done after we dress Thornin as a woman.

18th Avenger
2013-04-12, 02:47 AM
Ah, the warlord's forte; canvassing ideas, hammering out the alpha plan and making the finished product look like your idea. :smallbiggrin:

Okay, I gave Kallik the documents, but that means Megatron might have to make the run. Or we could have Sen do it, as she has proven herself earlier and is generally more trustworthy.

Now, to distract Anlow, we could feed him a half-truth. Cult's got an inside man. We could send him to investigate any of Blackwater's rivals and people who don't like halflings...

Rjanag
2013-04-13, 03:46 PM
Sorry about the late post. Are we worried that Anlow might be the inside man? Or do we just not want the word to get out? If he were with the cultists, he had other opportunities to throw a wrench in the works...he could have avoided providing the information that led us to Mecklan's house, and back when we first came to Vizani's he could have delayed us so that we would have missed the cultists...

Meltheim
2013-04-13, 05:03 PM
Samel is not worried about Anlow specifically, but rather doesn't want word to get out.

Irish Musician
2013-04-13, 08:40 PM
Thornin just wants to hit stuff. The sooner that happens the better :smallamused:

Megatron46
2013-04-14, 06:02 AM
Okay, I've got the image of Kallik but am having issues posting it up on here! Any advice?

18th Avenger
2013-04-14, 07:31 AM
Sorry about the late post. Are we worried that Anlow might be the inside man? Or do we just not want the word to get out? If he were with the cultists, he had other opportunities to throw a wrench in the works...he could have avoided providing the information that led us to Mecklan's house, and back when we first came to Vizani's he could have delayed us so that we would have missed the cultists...
Ooh, I knew I missed something... :smallredface:

But then maybe he could have been biding his time for something bigger...

Rjanag
2013-04-14, 09:15 AM
Okay, I've got the image of Kallik but am having issues posting it up on here! Any advice?

What kind of issues?

What I've done in the past was first upload the pic to imgur (http://imgur.com/) or something similar, and then here use the "Upload image" button and just put in the link to the image uploaded there.

Rjanag
2013-04-14, 09:42 AM
But then maybe he could have been biding his time for something bigger...

True...

So I guess the best thing is we could send him off somewhere (maybe say there was evidence that Mecklan was having meetings at some random inn or something, and ask him to go canvass there) and in the meantime report to Faringray and see about getting a little boat or something to heard to this island?

18th Avenger
2013-04-14, 01:59 PM
True...

So I guess the best thing is we could send him off somewhere (maybe say there was evidence that Mecklan was having meetings at some random inn or something, and ask him to go canvass there) and in the meantime report to Faringray and see about getting a little boat or something to heard to this island?
Exactly. I did suggest earlier we send him on a wild goose chase.

Rjanag
2013-04-14, 02:21 PM
Exactly. I did suggest earlier we send him on a wild goose chase.

I'm on board with that. Sen is no wordsmith, so I'll let you guys make up the details of the wild goose chase :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-04-14, 02:51 PM
I'm on board with that. Sen is no wordsmith, so I'll let you guys make up the details of the wild goose chase :smallbiggrin:

I meant to ask earlier ... What is Sen's situation with regard to speech? I just see that she is a "Siren"

Edit: found the relevant post in OOC. Samel will simply assume she is mute :)

18th Avenger
2013-04-15, 12:43 PM
Okay, one white lie, coming up. :smallwink:

Megatron46
2013-04-15, 02:47 PM
@Rjanag thanks. I'll try that
@ 18th Avenger I think that's the best way. If he's honest no harm done, if not then we can out fox him.

Megatron46
2013-04-15, 11:55 PM
@Hircine Okay, here's the link to Kallik's pic, (you did say 120x120 png)
Kallik (http://imgur.com/rFp0WnK)
Also, I don't know if you want me to do a wish list or anything?

Hircine
2013-04-16, 11:49 AM
@Hircine Okay, here's the link to Kallik's pic, (you did say 120x120 png)
Kallik (http://imgur.com/rFp0WnK)
Also, I don't know if you want me to do a wish list or anything?

There's a tab on the spreadsheet for wishlists. I still need one from 18th and Irish as well.

Irish Musician
2013-04-16, 12:29 PM
There's a tab on the spreadsheet for wishlists. I still need one from 18th and Irish as well.

Oops! :smallredface:

I'll figure some stuff out now! :smallsmile:

18th Avenger
2013-04-16, 09:45 PM
Here's my wishlist, arranged from most to least-wanted;

Wishlist
Bracers of Mighty Striking, Lvl. 2+
Cloak/Kilt of Resistance +1, Lvl. 2+
Swiftshot Crossbow +1, Lvl. 3+
Subtle Greatsword +1, Lvl. 3+
Exalted Armor +1, Lvl. 5+

Hircine
2013-04-16, 11:16 PM
Here's my wishlist, arranged from most to least-wanted;

Wishlist
Bracers of Mighty Striking, Lvl. 2+
Cloak/Kilt of Resistance +1, Lvl. 2+
Swiftshot Crossbow +1, Lvl. 3+
Subtle Greatsword +1, Lvl. 3+
Exalted Armor +1, Lvl. 5+

Could you transfer that list to the wishlist page on the spreadsheet?

Also is anyone going to say anything to Anlow?

Hircine
2013-04-18, 12:09 AM
@18th Anlow is only a private. I meant to say that when you mentioned it in your last post but forgot.

Anlow Insight Check:
[roll0]

Natural 20! :smallamused:

Meltheim
2013-04-18, 01:02 AM
Bwahahahaha

18th Avenger
2013-04-18, 06:11 AM
Don't just stand there, y'loonies! Help me!

Also, where's that spreadsheet, Hircine?

Megatron46
2013-04-18, 12:20 PM
Dang! An 11 wasn't quite what I wanted! But here's hoping.

Meltheim
2013-04-18, 12:30 PM
well I threw my hat into the ring, not with a bluff but with a knowledge dump.

Meltheim
2013-04-18, 12:31 PM
Don't just stand there, y'loonies! Help me!

Also, where's that spreadsheet, Hircine?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArV_dKMpcV5adExSdEhUcGNZLWxUcHVCOFlmOFhOU mc#gid=10

Megatron46
2013-04-18, 01:42 PM
well I threw my hat into the ring, not with a bluff but with a knowledge dump.
That was an impressive waffle!

Hircine
2013-04-18, 01:49 PM
That was an impressive waffle!

Indeed. I won't even roll an opposed insight check for the great RP, Meltheim. Nicely done!

Rjanag
2013-04-18, 02:53 PM
That was an impressive waffle!

So good you tricked your own teammate, too! (Until she gets better at listening to people, having Sen around is just going to be like herding cats...)

Irish Musician
2013-04-18, 02:58 PM
Didn't see your post, Rjanag, until after I posted, so I edited mine to include Sen's "walking away with purpose" :smalltongue:

Megatron46
2013-04-18, 03:26 PM
So good you tricked your own teammate, too! (Until she gets better at listening to people, having Sen around is just going to be like herding cats...)

Ahhhhh herding cats! :smalltongue:

Hircine
2013-04-29, 03:54 AM
At last the site is back up and running again! If you'd still like to be a part of this game just leave a comment here in the OOC thread. I'll do my best to get a timely IC post within the next 72 hours.

Rjanag
2013-04-29, 07:49 AM
I'm still in!

Megatron46
2013-04-29, 09:09 AM
Count me in too.

Meltheim
2013-04-29, 10:36 AM
Still interested!

Irish Musician
2013-04-29, 12:29 PM
I'm still here as well.

Hircine
2013-05-03, 01:31 PM
I apologize for the delay everyone things have been extremely hectic this week. Things have settled now and I will have an IC post done shortly.

Would an of you be interested in taking part in my other game on GITP? I'm a player down and don't really have a desire to create a recruitment thread.

Irish Musician
2013-05-03, 01:50 PM
What level Hricine? 4e I am guessing?

Hircine
2013-05-04, 08:30 PM
What level Hricine? 4e I am guessing?

It's 4e, takes place in the Nentir Vale (though it has a completely different story than this one), but it's low level. You are the current alternate but I wasn't sure if you wanted to be apart of it.

Irish Musician
2013-05-05, 05:40 PM
Well, I just got into another game of 4e, so I don't think so right now. I don't want to load my plate up too much right now. Thanks though and always let me know if you need an alternate if you don't feel like recruiting. Usually I am always looking for another 4e game to be in.

Hircine
2013-05-05, 06:16 PM
Not sure if the subscription updated but a new post is up.

Hircine
2013-05-07, 06:11 AM
Is anyone else interested in filling the vacant spot in my other game?

Megatron46
2013-05-07, 08:42 AM
I'd be interested Hircine, but won't be able to get a character up until the weekend. Preparing my students for exams this week, hooray!
What level and what role needs filling?

Meltheim
2013-05-09, 06:06 PM
Bah, meant to insight on the warrior who encountered the kobolds. I don't think he's lying, but I'm curious to see why he's holding back information. is he ashamed he couldn't do more to protect the group, is he protecting his employer, etc.

[roll0]

Hircine
2013-05-14, 12:01 AM
Sorry for the long wait I think I've come down with something. It also didn't help that I rewrote the post 4 or 5 times.

Meltheim
2013-05-14, 10:40 AM
'Tis the season. I got hit between these eyes with allergies and it's been killing me the past 2 weeks.

Irish Musician
2013-05-14, 11:00 AM
'Tis the season. I got hit between these eyes with allergies and it's been killing me the past 2 weeks.
Same here. I've been hopped up on Allergy meds for a week or two now.

Hircine
2013-05-14, 11:05 AM
Same here. I've been hopped up on Allergy meds for a week or two now.

I forgot to bring this up but are you going to tell anyone about the gold you found at the cultist's shack?

Irish Musician
2013-05-14, 11:27 AM
I forgot to bring this up but are you going to tell anyone about the gold you found at the cultist's shack?

Right, right.....eh probably not. Not because he is trying to hide anything, heck he'll probably spend most of the money on the party (food, drinks, places to stay) anyway.

18th Avenger
2013-05-15, 03:03 AM
Given the insane slowdown of my PC, I think I have to get it looked at again. :smalleek:

Hircine
2013-05-27, 04:51 PM
Is anyone else going to say anything? I have a reply ready but wanted to wait and see if anyone else wished to comment first.

18th Avenger
2013-05-28, 10:11 AM
Give it a day or two, Hircine. :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2013-05-28, 12:11 PM
Is anyone else going to say anything? I have a reply ready but wanted to wait and see if anyone else wished to comment first.

Sorry, long Holiday weekend for Memorial Day. Didn't do much of anything this weekend, will make a quick post now.

Meltheim
2013-05-28, 12:43 PM
Is anyone else going to say anything? I have a reply ready but wanted to wait and see if anyone else wished to comment first.

Sorry, long weekend! Plus Samel doesn't have that much to add - he's in agreement that they should go set up the ambush.

18th Avenger
2013-05-28, 02:47 PM
Just Megatron, who should be along in a bit.

When Kallik says his piece, then Lann will inform him of the Winterhaven delegation. :smallredface:

Megatron46
2013-06-03, 11:52 AM
Just filled in Kallik's wish list on the spread sheet!

18th Avenger
2013-06-03, 12:49 PM
Ditto! :smallwink:

Meltheim
2013-06-06, 10:09 AM
Streetwise for Samel

[roll0]

edit: LOL!

Irish Musician
2013-06-06, 10:24 AM
Streetwise for Samel

[roll0]

edit: LOL!

Heh, ouch. Well, might as well roll for Thornin, but it is just going to be a straight roll. [roll0] Sorry in advance :smallamused:

EDIT: Well, not so bad at least, esp for a no mod roll :smallsmile:

Megatron46
2013-06-06, 10:40 AM
Streetwise for Kallik- [roll0]

Hey, not bad! :smalltongue:

Meltheim
2013-06-06, 11:37 AM
OK, I just have to say that I really like how 1) the guy whose been in a temple his whole life has no idea about the layout of the city; and 2) the sneaky rogue TOTALLY knows his way around. This is perfect :smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2013-06-06, 07:28 PM
Here's Lann Streetwise.

[roll0]

Hircine
2013-06-08, 10:26 PM
Out of curiosity are any of you planning to buy anything before heading to the docks?

Megatron46
2013-06-09, 05:53 AM
Meltheim- yeah worked out nicely! :smalltongue:
Hircine- not me, I'm all geared up!

18th Avenger
2013-06-09, 11:55 PM
Ah! Maybe a longbow and some ammunition for myself. How much coin do we have at the moment? We got 300 in silver, so that's 60 for each of us, right?

Rjanag
2013-06-10, 02:40 AM
Streetwise check for Sen--sorry about the delay: [roll0]

I don't need to do any shopping; Sen is a live-off-the-land kind of gal. More cash for Lann! She'll just follow you guys to the docks once Lann's done shopping.

Hircine
2013-06-10, 04:09 AM
Ah! Maybe a longbow and some ammunition for myself. How much coin do we have at the moment? We got 300 in silver, so that's 60 for each of us, right?

300 silver pieces from Faringray and 50 gold that Thornin found at the cultist hideout.

18th Avenger
2013-06-10, 06:23 AM
Streetwise check for Sen--sorry about the delay: [roll0]

I don't need to do any shopping; Sen is a live-off-the-land kind of gal. More cash for Lann! She'll just follow you guys to the docks once Lann's done shopping.
Even then, Lann and Thornin would probably hold her share if she needs it. So it's roughly 16 gold pieces for each of us.

... Not enough for a longbow, though. Ah, well. :smalltongue:

To the docks with us?

Hircine
2013-06-10, 07:57 AM
Nevermind.

18th Avenger
2013-06-10, 08:13 AM
Did you miss my previous post? you also have another 50 gold pieces from what was found in the shack.
Wait, we received 250 gp all in all from the cultists, meaning we each got 50 gp?

If so, lemme make another Streetwise roll to see if I can find a cheaper bow and some ammunition. :smalltongue:

Streetwise - Better deal for a longbow and arrows
[roll0]
EDIT: Knew it. Ah, well, it's okay. After this mission, I'll have enough for that longbow. Onward, my friends! :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-06-11, 05:09 PM
I'm really sorry about the delay between posts, everyone. I've been suffering from accute writer's block lately and it has become difficult to churn out posts at the rate I'm accustomed to.

Meltheim
2013-06-11, 05:20 PM
I'm really sorry about the delay between posts, everyone. I've been suffering from accute writer's block lately and it has become difficult to churn out posts at the rate I'm accustomed to.

WORD! is it just the season? Maybe because all my shows have come to an end ... hard to write my other 2 campaigns.

Hircine
2013-06-13, 08:39 AM
WORD! is it just the season? Maybe because all my shows have come to an end ... hard to write my other 2 campaigns.

You too, huh? Normally I can find a groove and write well for hours at a time. Lately its been difficult to get anything productive done which is extremely frustrating. Even listening to music while I write hasn't provided that usual spark. Sigh! All I can do is hope it passes sooner rather than later.

Anyway I'm eager to see which option you take to reach the island. :smallbiggrin:

Also a major storm has moved into my area so there's a possibility I lose power at some point. Just a heads up.

Megatron46
2013-06-13, 09:24 AM
Kallik's given his thoughts, either his or Thornin's options seem best. For prefererence, the boat for 10gold with us as the only Passenegers, is my choice although Kallik won't fight against the other option, he will argue against the others though.

Meltheim
2013-06-13, 11:37 AM
I like the "fewer passengers" option personally.

Irish Musician
2013-06-13, 12:12 PM
Thornin agrees about the fewer passengers. Might be worth it to spend a little more for our personal boat, as opposed to sharing the ride.

Also, I, too, am having trouble in my game I am DMing. No one seems interested anymore and posting has slowed WAAAAAAAY down. Hopefully it will pick up soon, as I have given it a swift kick in the butt.....but I fear its fated to end soon. Though it has been going on for about a year now, not bad I think.

Hircine
2013-06-13, 12:44 PM
Thornin agrees about the fewer passengers. Might be worth it to spend a little more for our personal boat, as opposed to sharing the ride.

Also, I, too, am having trouble in my game I am DMing. No one seems interested anymore and posting has slowed WAAAAAAAY down. Hopefully it will pick up soon, as I have given it a swift kick in the butt.....but I fear its fated to end soon. Though it has been going on for about a year now, not bad I think.

That's the one thing that worries me and the main reason I try to keep lulls in activity to a minimum. Of course my lack of posting hasn't helped things.

Hircine
2013-06-13, 12:52 PM
I'll wait a bit to see if Rjanag or 18th have anything to add before moving on.

18th Avenger
2013-06-18, 11:39 PM
Remember, I handed Irish the bag of advance silver when Faringray gave it to us. :smallwink:

Hircine
2013-06-19, 12:06 PM
Quick question. I know you plan on throwing a cloak over Thornin and approaching the cultists but how are the rest of you going to avoid suspicion?

Irish Musician
2013-06-19, 12:10 PM
Quick question. I know you plan on throwing a cloak over Thornin and approaching the cultists but how are the rest of you going to avoid suspicion?
I believe the plan to to act like bounty Hunters, yes? "We brought you the halfling woman, now pay us" kinda thing.

Hircine
2013-06-19, 12:16 PM
I believe the plan to to act like bounty Hunters, yes? "We brought you the halfing woman, now pay us" kinda thing.

But only the sect of cultists you defeated and the ones on the island knew anything about Vizani. They didn't contract any outsiders to their cause.

Irish Musician
2013-06-19, 12:18 PM
But only the sect of cultists you defeated and the ones on the island knew anything about Vizani. They didn't contract any outsiders to their cause.
Well, my memory is pretty bad, so there might have been a different plan. All Thornin knows is, he gets to hack and slay evil cultists :smallamused:

18th Avenger
2013-06-19, 12:27 PM
We bluff it, Hircine. We're mercenaries from one of the lawful evil mercenary companies. One cultist didn't like what his friends were getting at, so he hired us.

We figure out their plans about the woman and take the initiative by bringing the 'halfling' to the isle cult. :smallredface:

Meltheim
2013-06-19, 12:56 PM
I seriously had no plans other than to have us waiting in the shadows and Thornin there as bait.

I like the merc angle though, but my bluff is weeeeeeeak!

Megatron46
2013-06-21, 07:52 AM
With a good religion check and some good bluff rolls could we be pretend to he another cell of the cult sent to help, we arrived killed those who killed the first cell and took the halfling to bring her hear as we found the letter. A good religion roll could help us know any secret signs etc to help in our bluff.
If that's a no go, the mercenary idea would work.
Kallik's Bluff is +7, I don't know if anyone else tops that!

Hircine
2013-06-21, 09:13 AM
Just curious if anyone is going to say anything or roll a History check...

18th Avenger
2013-06-21, 10:22 AM
Hmmm... History you say... I like history. It's my best subject.

It'll be Lann and Steveren shooting the breeze. Especially since that Steveren sees that a couple of members are uncomfortable in the water and will do what he can do distract them. :smallsmile:

[roll0]

Rjanag
2013-06-21, 12:33 PM
I doubt Sen will be able to contribute much to the bluffing. But she can sneaky sneak, try to scout out the tower and/or get the jump on the cultists if the bluffing goes badly--unless one of the others tells her to stay put.

(Sorry about the late post again, things have been a little crazy over here recently!)

Irish Musician
2013-06-21, 12:56 PM
I'm going to make a post, but Thornin is too busy trying to not throw up to talk really :smallamused:

18th Avenger
2013-06-23, 01:53 AM
Hircine, quick question; when we were rolling up our attributes, how many points did we have to spend? 20 or 25?

Rjanag
2013-06-23, 09:46 AM
Hircine, quick question; when we were rolling up our attributes, how many points did we have to spend? 20 or 25?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm pretty sure I just used the default that the Character Builder allows (I think 25). Hope that was what I was supposed to do!

Irish Musician
2013-06-23, 02:36 PM
I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm pretty sure I just used the default that the Character Builder allows (I think 25). Hope that was what I was supposed to do!
The default the Character builder gives you is 20, with all attributes starting at 10. You can take two point away from a stat and make it your "dump stat" to get a 22 point buy, which is the standard.

Hircine
2013-06-23, 10:25 PM
Standard 22 point buy.

18th Avenger
2013-06-23, 10:58 PM
Standard 22 point buy.
Thanks, Hircine. Got confused by my array of attributes. :smallredface:

Hircine
2013-06-26, 10:26 PM
I apologize for the long delay, everyone. The last 5-6 days have been absolutely brutal and normality has just returned. I hope you're all still around and I will do my best to post tomorrow.

18th Avenger
2013-06-26, 10:28 PM
I apologize for the long delay, everyone. The last 5-6 days have been absolutely brutal and normality has just returned. I hope you're all still around and I will do my best to post tomorrow.
Ye'r stuck with us, Hircine. I wanna see how this ride goes :smallbiggrin:

Also, we've all had those off weeks. We get it. :smallwink:

Megatron46
2013-06-27, 04:39 PM
Yeah, no worries big man! Hope everything is alright, I'm still in by the way!

Meltheim
2013-06-27, 05:26 PM
As long as you're still in my game, I'm still in your game.

Irish Musician
2013-06-27, 06:33 PM
As long as you're still in my game, I'm still in your game.
Incidentally, Mel, if you need someone for your level 5 game, ever, let me know! I'm always looking for good 4e games.

Hircine
2013-06-30, 01:23 PM
Sorry for the additional wait, everyone. I would have had the next post finished yesterday but I traveled to visit a friend of mine which delayed things a bit.

Irish Musician
2013-06-30, 02:29 PM
Sorry for the additional wait, everyone. I would have had the next post finished yesterday but I traveled to visit a friend of mine which delayed things a bit.
No problem man, everyone has lives outside the forum :smallsmile:

Hircine
2013-06-30, 07:16 PM
Rjanag, if you want to gleam any information on the possibility of spirits you'll need to make an Arcana check.

Rjanag
2013-06-30, 11:04 PM
Rjanag, if you want to gleam any information on the possibility of spirits you'll need to make an Arcana check.

Ah... she can't beat Samel's check anyway. (And I'm not feeling too confident after her terrible Nature roll!)

Megatron46
2013-07-01, 11:28 AM
Sorry for the double post, for some reason my phone wouldn' let me edit! Grrrrr!
And that was some good rolling by Samel there Meltheim.

Meltheim
2013-07-01, 11:38 AM
Nice roll on the Bluff too!

18th Avenger
2013-07-04, 07:40 AM
Been meaning to ask, is it night time on the island?

EDIT: I realize that investing in throwing weapons might not be so bad an idea for high strength characters. :smallwink:

Megatron46
2013-07-04, 10:41 AM
Woooooo!
+12 to Bluff rolls against cultists!
Now let's see if we can bluff ghosts!

Rjanag
2013-07-04, 02:50 PM
EDIT: I realize that investing in throwing weapons might not be so bad an idea for high strength characters. :smallwink:

That's pretty much Sen's entire build! (Not that you would have been able to tell from the last battle, since she just charged in and got pinned down in melee.)

Hircine
2013-07-04, 07:16 PM
Been meaning to ask, is it night time on the island?

EDIT: I realize that investing in throwing weapons might not be so bad an idea for high strength characters. :smallwink:

Nope. It's about 12:30 in the afternoon.

Hircine
2013-07-05, 07:54 PM
Is everyone ready to start exploring? :smallsmile:

Meltheim
2013-07-05, 08:20 PM
Yup! I am in!!!

18th Avenger
2013-07-05, 10:24 PM
You know I am! :smallbiggrin:

Megatron46
2013-07-06, 09:52 AM
I'm there baby! :smallcool:

Rjanag
2013-07-07, 01:31 AM
I am! Sorry for the late post, I was moving for the past couple days and wasn't able to get online.

Irish Musician
2013-07-08, 09:20 AM
I'm here and ready. Sorry, was a crazy weekend.

Hircine
2013-07-09, 04:31 AM
I've added a map of the island (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArV_dKMpcV5adExSdEhUcGNZLWxUcHVCOFlmOFhOU mc#gid=12) for reference on the spreadsheet.

18th Avenger
2013-07-09, 09:26 AM
Also gonna switch up an item in my wishlist. :smallwink:

Rjanag
2013-07-09, 09:52 AM
I've added a map of the island (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArV_dKMpcV5adExSdEhUcGNZLWxUcHVCOFlmOFhOU mc#gid=12) for reference on the spreadsheet.

Do the different shades of green signify anything?

Meltheim
2013-07-09, 10:45 AM
I see blue and green. Perhaps one of the "shades" you see is actually blue, which I assume is water.

Rjanag
2013-07-09, 10:57 AM
Ah, you are right. The way I had my screen tilted earlier it had looked like all green.

Megatron46
2013-07-09, 11:14 AM
Cool a map!
I dunno what everyone else thinks, but my thoughts are to head to the structure and then the tower; mostly as a group to sell the 'cultists with the hostage' angle, but have one of us sneak around to check the place a little first, I'm guessing either Sen or Kallik for the sneaking, the rest move up ready to speak with cultists and either the sneak can rejoin the group or lurk and launch a surprise attack when it all hits the fan.
Any other thoughts/faults/ideas/glaring errors of judgement?

18th Avenger
2013-07-09, 11:35 AM
Cool a map!
I dunno what everyone else thinks, but my thoughts are to head to the structure and then the tower; mostly as a group to sell the 'cultists with the hostage' angle, but have one of us sneak around to check the place a little first, I'm guessing either Sen or Kallik for the sneaking, the rest move up ready to speak with cultists and either the sneak can rejoin the group or lurk and launch a surprise attack when it all hits the fan.
Sen does seem like the better choice... Lithe human ranger used to lone wolf operations.

Samel oughta hang behind and look fierce while Kallik and Lann do the bluff work. :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-07-09, 12:23 PM
Ah, you are right. The way I had my screen tilted earlier it had looked like all green.

My gamma is so tweaked on my monitors at home for gaming, that it looked green to me as well :smallbiggrin:

and I like the idea of Samel not talking - I'm liable to blurt something about infidels and start spraying sunshine everywhere.

Rjanag
2013-07-10, 10:38 AM
I made a typo that goofed up my Bluff roll here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15590360#post15590360); I'll roll it up here instead:

[roll0]

EDIT: "We had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Irish Musician
2013-07-10, 11:48 AM
I am pretty much going to not be posting while we try and infiltrate this tower, because Thornin will be trying to keep as quite as he can as not to give it away.

EDIT: Aslo, Rjang, I wouldn't think you would need a bluff check for looking like a merc.....I mean, we ARE mercs anyway! :smalltongue:

also, "What's your operating code?!" :smallwink:

Rjanag
2013-07-10, 11:52 AM
EDIT: Aslo, Rjang, I wouldn't think you would need a bluff check for looking like a merc.....I mean, we ARE mercs anyway! :smalltongue:

Yeah, I was just rolling just in case, but I sure hope we don't need it!

Meltheim
2013-07-10, 12:10 PM
"We had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Took me a sec to get this. bwahahahahaha! :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2013-07-10, 09:31 PM
Hircine: is there a monster knowledge check we could do to learn more about the spirits? (I assume it would be Religion, which Sen is rubbish at, but still....) Given that the order to stop is coming from the spirits themselves rather than the cultists, bluffing them is maybe not an option, so Sen is wanting to gauge whether or not these things are something we might have a chance against ;)

Hircine
2013-07-11, 01:46 AM
Hircine: is there a monster knowledge check we could do to learn more about the spirits? (I assume it would be Religion, which Sen is rubbish at, but still....) Given that the order to stop is coming from the spirits themselves rather than the cultists, bluffing them is maybe not an option, so Sen is wanting to gauge whether or not these things are something we might have a chance against ;)

From what I understand Monster Knowledge rolls can only give you lore, name, type, keywords, powers, resistances and vulnerabilities.

You are correct that all the rolls would be religion checks. If you still want to go through with it I'll need four religion checks.

Irish Musician
2013-07-11, 08:43 AM
From what I understand Monster Knowledge rolls can only give you lore, name, type, keywords, powers, resistances and vulnerabilities.

You are correct that all the rolls would be religion checks. If you still want to go through with it I'll need four religion checks.
Monster Knowledge check, yes, are technically just those things. However, as a DM, I tend to give out other knowledge of said monster if the rolls are high enough.:smallsmile:

Hircine
2013-07-11, 07:29 PM
Monster Knowledge check, yes, are technically just those things. However, as a DM, I tend to give out other knowledge of said monster if the rolls are high enough.:smallsmile:

I'd be willing to do that.

So judging from your posts everyone is ready to forge ahead.

Rjanag
2013-07-11, 10:29 PM
I'm ready!

Here's my monster knowledge (religion) roll, if we're doing that: [roll0]

Rjanag
2013-07-11, 10:31 PM
Or here it is... [roll0]

Hircine
2013-07-11, 10:35 PM
Or here it is... [roll0]

I need four religion checks.

Rjanag
2013-07-11, 10:40 PM
Ohh I got it (I had misunderstood that as meaning religion checks from four of us, rather than four from me!). Here's the other three:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Meltheim
2013-07-12, 10:26 PM
So, I can turn undead ..... Feeling like Samel would try to blast a bit of ghost fog away, you know?

Hircine
2013-07-12, 10:44 PM
So, I can turn undead ..... Feeling like Samel would try to blast a bit of ghost fog away, you know?

Perfectly understandable, but while you get the feeling the fog is unnatural it isn't ghost fog.

Hircine
2013-07-17, 08:26 AM
Rjanag, just so I understand are you ushering them to look through the window you found or head inside? If it's the former everyone may read the spoiler for Sen in my last post.

Rjanag
2013-07-17, 08:48 AM
Yep, to look in the window.

Hircine
2013-07-17, 08:50 AM
Yep, to look in the window.

Gotcha. Everyone else may read the spoiler text.

Megatron46
2013-07-18, 10:27 AM
Hey people! Sorry for the complete lack of posting this last week or so. I was away for the weekend and work has just gone crazy!
I will now be back to actually being able to play the game! Hooray!

Hircine
2013-07-18, 10:51 AM
Hey people! Sorry for the complete lack of posting this last week or so. I was away for the weekend and work has just gone crazy!
I will now be back to actually being able to play the game! Hooray!

Great to have you back and I'm glad things have settled down. :smallbiggrin:

I've added an OOC for Kallik to my last post.

Rjanag
2013-07-19, 12:46 PM
Perception: [roll0]

18th Avenger
2013-07-19, 02:42 PM
Perception
[roll0]

Megatron46
2013-07-20, 07:55 AM
Perception [roll0]

Irish Musician
2013-07-20, 12:53 PM
Nothing really to contribute, but I figured I'd make a post to let you all know I'm still here.....just quiet :smallsmile:

Hircine
2013-07-24, 07:58 AM
Sorry for the slow rate of posts but the recent spike in heat has got me feeling pretty bad as of late. :smallmad:

Are you going to check the building?

Hircine
2013-07-24, 08:17 AM
OOC: Rjanag
In case there was a misunderstanding on my last post, you didn't hear anyone inside.

Rjanag
2013-07-24, 08:20 AM
OOC: Rjanag
In case there was a misunderstanding on my last post, you didn't hear anyone inside.

Yep, she's just inferring that there may be someone there based on the blood, and that whoever it is may be hiding (based on not having heard anyone). Even if there turns out to be no one there, at least we'll have investigated!

Hircine
2013-07-25, 02:47 AM
*Poke* where is everybody?

Megatron46
2013-07-25, 08:56 AM
*snorts, leaps to his feet, hands raised for fisticuffs, eyes narrowed to see who poked him!*
*Notices that it was his mighty DM and tugs his forelock*
"Sorry yer honer! I'll be posting right now!" :smallbiggrin: