PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4E] Threats to the Nentir Vale (OOC)



Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

18th Avenger
2013-07-25, 10:19 AM
Still here. Give us a bit. :smallwink:

Rjanag
2013-07-25, 03:44 PM
Hm, so are we investigating the shack or not?

Meltheim
2013-07-25, 06:08 PM
Samel wants to go to wherever we are supposed to meet the cultists. I can't really tell where that is, actually, but that's where my character wants to go.

Hircine
2013-07-25, 09:01 PM
Hm, so are we investigating the shack or not?

It's not a shack but it doesn't seem like anyone else is interested.


Samel wants to go to wherever we are supposed to meet the cultists. I can't really tell where that is, actually, but that's where my character wants to go.

The correspondence you received said they'd be in the abandoned tower. Of course finding fresh blood on an island is covered in ancient corpses should raise some red flags.

18th Avenger
2013-07-27, 10:50 AM
I thought we fastforwarded to the abandoned tower. My bad. :smallredface:

Hircine
2013-07-27, 01:05 PM
I thought we fastforwarded to the abandoned tower. My bad. :smallredface:

Nope. Also there's not gate at the entrance.

Hircine
2013-07-30, 12:47 PM
I will have a new map and post up shortly.

Hircine
2013-07-30, 05:19 PM
If you haven't already healed I'm offering an opportunity to do so.

Meltheim
2013-07-30, 06:07 PM
I believe I am at full - didn't get hit in last combat.

Rjanag
2013-07-30, 10:10 PM
If you haven't already healed I'm offering an opportunity to do so.

I'll pass, I believe Sen is only down 1 HP.

Hircine
2013-07-31, 10:10 AM
Irish may wish to heal up though. :smallamused:

Irish Musician
2013-07-31, 10:26 AM
Celtic may wish to heal up though. :smallamused:
I would? I thought I was at full health :smallconfused:

Hircine
2013-07-31, 10:46 AM
I would? I thought I was at full health :smallconfused:

You're still at 13.

Irish Musician
2013-07-31, 10:53 AM
You're still at 13.

Really? I since when? I thought I took my HS a long time ago to get to full, or near it. I could have sworn I did, anyway, because my sheet says 10/12 HS's with full health.

Hircine
2013-07-31, 10:57 AM
Really? I since when? I thought I took my HS a long time ago to get to full, or near it. I could have sworn I did, anyway, because my sheet says 10/12 HS's with full health.

I checked the spreadsheet and went back in the thread and didn't see anything. I could have missed it though.

Irish Musician
2013-07-31, 10:58 AM
I checked the spreadsheet and went back in the thread and didn't see anything. I could have missed it though.

Alright, well I'll go look. If not and I just brain farted I'll go ahead and do that then. :smallsmile:

EDIT: By Jove you are right Hircine. I think I am just so used to doing it after combat, I just automatically did it without thinking about it after our house rumble, just didn't post it. Well I take 3 HS and get back up to full :smallsmile:

Hircine
2013-07-31, 11:22 AM
Alright, well I'll go look. If not and I just brain farted I'll go ahead and do that then. :smallsmile:

EDIT: By Jove you are right Hircine. I think I am just so used to doing it after combat, I just automatically did it without thinking about it after our house rumble, just didn't post it. Well I take 3 HS and get back up to full :smallsmile:

Alright then. Now it's SHOWTIME!!!

Megatron46
2013-07-31, 12:15 PM
I checked the spreadsheet too and forgot that Kallik, in a rather suave move, fell down that pit. Now having learned from bitter experience just how precious every hp can be, Kallik will spend a surge to get back up to full.
Now let showime commence, hopefully just the cultists and no undead hideousnesses which will attack us at the same time.

Hircine
2013-08-03, 04:23 AM
PC Initiative:
Sen [roll0]
Samel [roll1]
Kallik [roll2]
Lann [roll3]
Thornin [roll4]

Enemy Initiative:
Skeletal Overlord [roll5]
S1 [roll6]
S2 [roll7]
S3 [roll8]
S4 [roll9]
S5 [roll10]
S6 [roll11]
S7 [roll12]
S8 [roll13]
S9 [roll14]
S10 [roll15]

Meltheim
2013-08-03, 05:35 AM
Oh yay. You brought me presents! Too sleepy to make sense of my character sheet right now, but I will be Rebuking some Undead in the morning.

Question - do we have an Action Point?

18th Avenger
2013-08-03, 09:05 AM
Here we go! And I think we started with one according to the sheet. If you'll use it, you get to take advantage of my Bravura stuff. :smallwink:

Hircine
2013-08-03, 10:13 AM
Oh yay. You brought me presents! Too sleepy to make sense of my character sheet right now, but I will be Rebuking some Undead in the morning.

Question - do we have an Action Point?

Everyone but Samel. You burnt yours in the fight with the cultists.

Meltheim
2013-08-03, 11:53 AM
Haha, that is how I like to do things :) ok, lets go!!

Hircine
2013-08-03, 12:10 PM
Melt you critted the boss. :smallsigh:

Meltheim
2013-08-03, 12:17 PM
*crack knuckles* Thank Pelor for that one, not me :smallcool:

Irish Musician
2013-08-03, 01:03 PM
*crack knuckles* Thank Pelor for that one, not me :smallcool:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :smallsmile:

Megatron46
2013-08-03, 03:52 PM
A crit already!
Let's hope that bodes well for the rest of the fight!

Hircine
2013-08-05, 09:26 PM
Been having trouble with my internet provider lately and it's affecting my posting ability. Hope to have things fixed in the next couple of days.

Hircine
2013-08-06, 09:20 PM
Things should be back in order so combat can resume. :smallsmile: Watch out though my dice rolling of late has been off the charts, excluding those last rolls! :smallmad:

Meltheim
2013-08-07, 10:49 AM
18th - I'm not one to question anyone's attack choices, but I'm curious why you went with a simple MBA. Are you an Essentials build?

18th Avenger
2013-08-07, 11:31 AM
18th - I'm not one to question anyone's attack choices, but I'm curious why you went with a simple MBA. Are you an Essentials build?Nah, just a whole bunch grabbed from the rulebooks. I only went MBA because a lot of my powers work best when most of us are teeth-to-teeth with the other guys.

Meltheim
2013-08-07, 12:59 PM
Oh, ok. Sure thing. I only asked because I'm playing an Essentials character in another game and I just realized (in our first combat) that I don't have any at-will attacks, just 'stances' and basic attacks.

Megatron46
2013-08-07, 01:49 PM
I've never played an Essentials character, I kind of know the differences, but I must confess I don't quite see the point. I'm sure there were good reasons for its introduction, but how do they play in relation to standard 4E?

Meltheim
2013-08-07, 02:10 PM
Not sure yet - they seem to try and solve RP issues through mechanics and bonuses, oddly. The character is in my signature - Tombak - if you want to check him out.

Rjanag
2013-08-07, 02:30 PM
I've never played an Essentials character, I kind of know the differences, but I must confess I don't quite see the point. I'm sure there were good reasons for its introduction, but how do they play in relation to standard 4E?

My understanding is that they were designed to be easier to learn for newer players. My group in RL has had its fair share of Essentials characters and, while for the most part they seem to play well with core characters, there are sometimes some incompatibilities. For example, like Meltheim was saying, they mostly have a lot of utility powers and stuff to beef up their basic attacks, they don't really have encounter or daily attack powers--which sometimes caused trouble when the leader had some power that specifically affected allies' encounter powers or something like that.

Megatron46
2013-08-08, 02:46 AM
Ahhh! Thanks guys, made stuff somewhat clearer! :smallsmile:

18th Avenger
2013-08-08, 09:00 PM
Huh... I think that when I level up, I'll switch out Brash Assault for either Wolf Pack Tactics or Direct the Strike.

Hircine
2013-08-08, 10:42 PM
DM Roll:
[roll0] vs Samel's Will

Meltheim
2013-08-08, 10:50 PM
MRW when Samel sees the undead


http://i.imgur.com/EWitbhu.gif


edit: and apparently I styled Samel after Mace Windu ... :smallcool:

Hircine
2013-08-09, 03:05 AM
Rjanag the blighted earth is difficult terrain preventing shifting.

Edit: Also if there's any hope to keep Lann alive you'll need to move the Overlord before another attack hits him. He has a triggered close burst attack that will activate when its bloodied.

Rjanag
2013-08-09, 03:37 AM
Oops, I didn't notice that! Is it ok if I redo my post then?

Hircine
2013-08-09, 03:48 AM
Oops, I didn't notice that! Is it ok if I redo my post then?

Yep. :smallsmile:

18th Avenger
2013-08-09, 03:58 AM
Oh, Lord! I leave to play Dragon's Crown with my GM for a few hours and I return to see that I'm dying!?

As your warlord and leader, I order you to save me and kill the thing!

Rjanag
2013-08-09, 04:06 AM
rolls

Attack (S1) vs. AC: [roll0]
Damage (S1): [roll1]
Attack (S10) vs. AC: [roll2]
Damage (S10): [roll3]

18th Avenger
2013-08-09, 04:11 AM
rolls

Attack (S1) vs. AC: [roll0]
Damage (S1): [roll1]
Attack (S10) vs. AC: [roll2]
Damage (S10): [roll3]

These rolls, please. :smalleek:

Rjanag
2013-08-09, 04:15 AM
Ok, I just updated my actions--sorry about that mix-up! (I also ticked off my action point on the spreadsheet)

Rjanag
2013-08-09, 04:17 AM
These rolls, please. :smalleek:

Yeah, I like those a little better than the 2 and 3 I got on my first try!

Sorry I couldn't take a page from Samel's book and save my crit for the big guy...although actually, right now, that's probably the last person you want anyone to hit ;)

18th Avenger
2013-08-09, 04:48 AM
I still got my Second Wind and plenty of surges. Three of you (Samel, Sen and Thornin) can focus on the horror while Samel gets me back on my feet. :smallsmile:

Meltheim
2013-08-09, 10:52 AM
Rjanag the blighted earth is difficult terrain preventing shifting.

Edit: Also if there's any hope to keep Lann alive you'll need to move the Overlord before another attack hits him. He has a triggered close burst attack that will activate when its bloodied.

OVERLORD IS DAZED. He took waaaaaay too many actions on his turn :smallcool:

18th Avenger
2013-08-09, 12:05 PM
Posted twice, Melt. :smalltongue:

Meltheim
2013-08-09, 01:25 PM
Haha, I was apparently a bit enthusiastic!

Megatron46
2013-08-09, 02:58 PM
Okay! I know what I want to do, but I'm gonna wait until Hircine decides what he wants to do with the dazed overlord before I post as that will influence what I do. But anyway that SO has to die and soon if he can dish out that much nastiness!

Meltheim
2013-08-09, 04:13 PM
I agree, that's why I tried to knock him out with the daze so that we could focus fire him this first round.

Hircine
2013-08-09, 08:13 PM
Turn has been corrected. *Shakes Fist Angrily* I'll get you next time :smallmad:

Megatron46
2013-08-10, 04:56 PM
IC post up, sorry for delay!
I've got a few nasty things saved up for that overlord, alas out of reach this turn, especially if I can get combat advantage against him.
But on the plus, Lann isn't bleeding out... hooray!

Rjanag
2013-08-10, 06:12 PM
Sen can get there in one turn...if she lives to see her next turn!

Rjanag
2013-08-10, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone, a 3.5e campaign I'm playing in is looking for some replacement players, if anyone's interested here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297195) the recruitment thread.

Rjanag
2013-08-16, 02:15 AM
Something tells me the jig is up, as far as Thornin's disguise is concerned! :smalltongue:

Hircine
2013-08-16, 04:28 AM
Irish the blighted earth is difficult terrain, you can't reach the Overlord. In case anyone's missed it there are terrain notes below the encounter map.

18th Avenger
2013-08-16, 04:39 AM
Oh, noes! I'm gonna buy it! :smalleek:

Meltheim
2013-08-16, 08:37 AM
I can do some minion clearing on my turn :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2013-08-16, 03:49 PM
Irish the blighted earth is difficult terrain, you can't reach the Overlord. In case anyone's missed it there are terrain notes below the encounter map.
Well, then I'll move to G9, and then charge him. Can I just use the same attack/damage rolls? They would be the same as before, and actually the attack would be a 19 because of the +1 to attack given by charges.

Meltheim
2013-08-21, 02:11 PM
iplay4e appears to be unresponsive right now, and that's where my character is housed. I will try to go again later if it's up. My plan is to do my three-target attack against S5, S6 and S8 and hope to pop some minions and ease the pressure on the party.

Rjanag
2013-08-23, 02:37 PM
Is the inside of the tower also difficult terrain, or just the blighted earth?

Hircine
2013-08-26, 01:04 PM
Is the inside of the tower also difficult terrain, or just the blighted earth?

Just the blighted earth. Everything else is standard terrain.

18th Avenger
2013-08-26, 10:17 PM
Waitaminute, didn't the skeleton overlord knock me out? Or is it time for me to use my second wind?

Rjanag
2013-08-26, 10:30 PM
Waitaminute, didn't the skeleton overlord knock me out? Or is it time for me to use my second wind?

No, I think we backtracked when we realized Samel had dazed it and so it was not able to hit you. It ended up just moving around within the tower.

18th Avenger
2013-08-26, 10:49 PM
No, I think we backtracked when we realized Samel had dazed it and so it was not able to hit you. It ended up just moving around within the tower.
Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Megatron46
2013-08-27, 12:53 PM
Woooo go Samel!
With dragon breath and an attack Kallik can take care of at least two minions! Do you want me to focus on that or try and get up to the skeleton with Sen to open some whup ass on the overlord?
Kallik will want to go for overlord as the biggest target/major threat- dagger point to the throat for a quick kill, but tactically could be convinced to stay outside and mop up.

Meltheim
2013-08-27, 12:55 PM
I am designed for this fight. We start fighting humans though and I'm just meh

Rjanag
2013-08-27, 01:17 PM
Dice willing (i.e., if I don't roll a 2 and a 3 like I did last round), Sen should be able to dish out some major damage on the big guy next turn. She has a big pile of bonuses just waiting to be used.

Megatron46
2013-08-27, 03:20 PM
Okay then! Next time we fight anything other than the undead, Samel should just stand by and look pretty! :smalltongue:
And if Sen heads for the overlord Kallik will try to take out some minions.

Hircine
2013-08-27, 06:18 PM
Argh! Great Attack Rolls across the board but for piddly damage. :smallmad:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Irish you get an OA.

Meltheim
2013-08-27, 07:27 PM
Oh he crit me back!!! it's ON :smallfurious: :xykon:

Rjanag
2013-08-27, 10:28 PM
Not sure if these attacks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15909615#post15909615) (17 vs. AC) will hit. But if they do:

The first attack will do an additional [roll0] damage (hunter's quarry)

The second attack will do an additional 2 damage (manticore's fury feat). In addition, her next ranged attack against the overlord before the end of her next turn will also get +2 damage.

Sorry about all the extra math! These thing were contingent on whether or not she hits.

Hircine
2013-08-27, 10:45 PM
Not sure if these attacks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15909615#post15909615) (17 vs. AC) will hit. But if they do:

The first attack will do an additional [roll0] damage (hunter's quarry)

The second attack will do an additional 2 damage (manticore's fury feat). In addition, her next ranged attack against the overlord before the end of her next turn will also get +2 damage.

Sorry about all the extra math! These thing were contingent on whether or not she hits.

You miss both attacks by 1, sorry Rjanag. :smallfrown: And since you missed a melee attack while in the Overlord's aura you take 3 damage.

Meltheim
2013-08-27, 10:53 PM
Does Sen want to toss in a Heroic Effort there? Seems appropriate ....

Rjanag
2013-08-28, 12:08 AM
Does Sen want to toss in a Heroic Effort there? Seems appropriate ....

Yeah, in that case, Heroic Effort on the first (+4) should make it hit. So the first attack should do all the damage (the 1d6 spear + 1d6 hunter's quarry + 1d8 bonus), but since she missed the melee attack she won't have a bonus to her next ranged attack.

Hircine
2013-08-28, 11:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Overlord is down! :smallsigh: Sen you also regain the hit points you would have lost due to your ranged attack killing him.

Once Megatron goes I'll post actions.

Irish Musician
2013-08-28, 12:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The Overlord is down! :smallsigh: Sen you also regain the hit points you would have lost due to your ranged attack killing him.

:smallamused:

18th Avenger
2013-08-28, 12:35 PM
Good shot, Irish! I knew Thornin would get the kill. :smallamused:

Rjanag
2013-08-28, 01:13 PM
Good shot, Irish! I knew Thornin would get the kill. :smallamused:

I think Thornin's OA happened first; the kill is mine! Muahaha. (I think this is Sen's first non-minion kill)

Megatron46
2013-08-28, 02:48 PM
Woooooo! He's dead! Good work! With a lot less damage than I was expecting... and I imagine Hircine was hoping! Heh heh heh!
Let's kill us some minions!

Megatron46
2013-08-28, 03:00 PM
Hmmmm, don't think my attack killed S4 :smallmad:
As I said in the OOC comment- if that doesn't kill him I won't move and use the dragonbreath attack on S4 instead of S7.

Meltheim
2013-08-28, 03:43 PM
For what it's worth I apparently am almost dead. Hmmm, guess I should have seen that earlier ::smalltongue:

18th Avenger
2013-08-28, 09:19 PM
@Meltheim: I'll hit you with Inspiring Word later. But look alive, kids. There still might be cultists to take care of. :smallsmile:

Megatron46
2013-08-29, 03:06 AM
Ahhh, those pesky cultists! I'd almost forgotten them.

Hircine
2013-09-03, 12:31 AM
Irish I need your save for the fire damage.

Irish Musician
2013-09-03, 08:23 AM
Irish I need your save for the fire damage.

Oh damn, I always forget those *rolls eyes at self*

[roll0]

Hircine
2013-09-04, 12:03 AM
S7 Attack Roll:
[roll0]

Rjanag
2013-09-04, 12:48 AM
Just FYI, right now (and through the rest of the week) I'm abroad at a conference and my internet access is really spotty. I'll try to get on and check when possible, but right now it's pretty much a toss-up each day whether or not I can actually connect.

Meltheim
2013-09-04, 11:53 AM
I'm gonna pew pew pew some more with my lazerbeemz. Just have to get a few minutes to write it up. Expect something within the hour :)

Meltheim
2013-09-04, 02:12 PM
Oh wait ... I just saw that I have ongoing 5 fire damage. is that true?

If so then I'm unconscious at -1 HP and you can ignore my attacks/movement from my turn.

Here's my save vs death: [roll0] (see edit - not actually dead!!!)

Here's my save vs ongoing fire: [roll1]

EDIT: The battle map incorrectly shows my max HP as 20, instead of 22 (as indicated on my character sheet), so I am still upright. I went back and counted and I've taken 4 + 4 + 6 + 2 damage = 16, so that + 5 from ongoing fire = 21. My turn stands. I have 1 HP.

Hircine
2013-09-04, 03:34 PM
Lann, Sen, and Kallik are free to act since S8 is dead.

Hircine
2013-09-04, 04:40 PM
One left though I'm not sure any of you can reach it.

Irish Musician
2013-09-04, 09:46 PM
One left though I'm not sure any of you can reach it.
I can reach it with a move and a Charge.

Between the two 10 move spaces
E11 - 2
E12 - 2
E13 - 2
E14 - 1
E15 - 1

:smallsmile:

Rjanag
2013-09-05, 01:42 AM
One left though I'm not sure any of you can reach it.

Killed one and missed the other...Sen is becoming a true Twin Strike ranger after all!

Meltheim
2013-09-05, 10:43 AM
What does that Inspiring Word heal me for? Surge + ?

18th Avenger
2013-09-05, 10:55 AM
What does that Inspiring Word heal me for? Surge + ?Your surge + an additional 1d6 worth of HP. :smallsmile:

Hircine
2013-09-05, 11:19 AM
Your surge + an additional 1d6 worth of HP. :smallsmile:

18th you have to make saving throw to end the ongoing damage.

18th Avenger
2013-09-05, 11:32 AM
Saving Throw
[roll0]
@Hircine: Which do I add? Fortitude, Will or Reflex?

Hircine
2013-09-05, 11:37 AM
Saving Throw
[roll0]
@Hircine: Which do I add? Fortitude, Will or Reflex?

It's a flat D20 unless you have a skill or item that boosts the roll.

Meltheim
2013-09-05, 11:53 AM
[roll0] HP (surge is 5) added to Samel.

edit: woot I have 9 HP!

Hircine
2013-09-05, 04:44 PM
Megatron, are you going to delay?

Hircine
2013-09-07, 10:11 PM
I'll wait another day or so before I take Megatron's action.

Megatron46
2013-09-09, 03:29 PM
Hi guys, will post in a minute!
Sorry for the delay, my wife broke her leg last week and juggling looking after her and a 19 month old has been somewhat time consuming! :smallconfused:
However, I have a routine in place now so things should be back up and running! Will post in the next 20 mins.
Cheers

Rjanag
2013-09-09, 04:03 PM
Nice one! Between you, me, and Samel, I think we just coordinated-ly massacred the last skeletons.

Hircine
2013-09-09, 05:23 PM
Yep, that will do it. Nicely done!

Megatron46
2013-09-10, 03:49 PM
Woohoo!
Skeleton down!

Rjanag
2013-09-12, 11:29 PM
Is everyone still doing all right? Things seem to have fizzled out.

Meltheim
2013-09-12, 11:49 PM
Hehe, we're all taking a rest post-combat :smalltongue:

Hircine
2013-09-13, 12:50 AM
Been burnt out the last couple of evenings. I hope to have something for you all tomorrow. Sorry for the hold up.

18th Avenger
2013-09-14, 04:31 AM
Why not? Let's give it a whirl. :smalltongue:

Arcana Check (+1)
[roll0]

Rjanag
2013-09-14, 05:06 AM
If I remember correctly, I think Arcana is 'trained only'. Looks like it's time for the Samel show...

18th Avenger
2013-09-14, 05:20 AM
@Rjanag: I did say it was worth a shot with a roll of 11. :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-09-14, 07:48 AM
Good enough.

OOC: Lann
Flaming Battle Axe +1
Weapon: Battle Axe
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 fire damage per plus
Power (At-Will + Fire): Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is fire damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.
Power (Daily + Fire): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. Deal an extra 1d6 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

18th Avenger
2013-09-14, 07:55 AM
@Hircine: That's it? If so, Thornin's got himself a cool new weapon. :smallwink:

Meltheim
2013-09-14, 10:10 AM
Feel free to snag my character for an arcana check whenever. I don't want to hold things up if I haven't posted!

Irish Musician
2013-09-14, 03:43 PM
@Hircine: That's it? If so, Thornin's got himself a cool new weapon. :smallwink:

A flaming Battleaxe you say?! Thornin would gladly take it :smallamused:

Hircine
2013-09-20, 01:25 AM
@Megatron I'll need a heal check for you to determine how long the cultist's body has been there.

Megatron46
2013-09-20, 06:34 AM
Heal- [roll0]

Megatron46
2013-09-20, 09:08 AM
Aaaand...
Religion [roll0]

Megatron46
2013-09-21, 03:06 PM
Wooooooooo!
Crit! :smallbiggrin:
Probably nothing back there though!

Irish Musician
2013-09-21, 03:16 PM
Wooooooooo!
Crit! :smallbiggrin:
Probably nothing back there though!

Isn't that always the way? :smallamused:

Hircine
2013-09-24, 09:27 AM
Are you prepared to breach the door?

Rjanag
2013-09-24, 09:48 AM
Ready and rarin' to go!

Irish Musician
2013-09-24, 10:34 AM
Yep! Ready to go! :smallsmile:

Megatron46
2013-09-24, 11:03 AM
Yeah baby!

Meltheim
2013-09-24, 11:21 AM
I was going to RP something about Samel cocking his staff ala a shotgun, but it got a bit graphic and forum-inappropriate.

Nonetheless, I'm ready to go into the next room.

Megatron46
2013-09-24, 02:55 PM
I was going to RP something about Samel cocking his staff ala a shotgun, but it got a bit graphic and forum-inappropriate.

Nonetheless, I'm ready to go into the next room.

Ha! :smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2013-09-24, 09:43 PM
I'm gonna kick it open. :smallsmile:

Meltheim
2013-09-24, 09:50 PM
Doooo eeeeeeeet!

Hircine
2013-10-04, 11:59 AM
Sorry for the delay. Expect a post later today.

Hircine
2013-10-07, 04:35 PM
This extended delay is totally on me but recent issues with a tornado cut our power for a significant amount of time. I apologize again for this lengthy delay and hope to post something in short order.

Irish Musician
2013-10-07, 09:38 PM
This extended delay is totally on me but recent issues with a tornado cut our power for a significant amount of time. I apologize again for this lengthy delay and hope to post something in short order.

Whoa, hope you are doing ok Hircine.

Megatron46
2013-10-08, 06:25 AM
Likewise, I hope you're okay.

Meltheim
2013-10-09, 10:07 AM
Sorry for no posts here. I got some sort of plaguelike illness that has knocked me out for the past few days.

Hircine
2013-10-09, 07:38 PM
Sorry for no posts here. I got some sort of plaguelike illness that has knocked me out for the past few days.

I'm in the same boat. I was feeling fine 24 hours ago but now I'm down and out.

Hircine
2013-10-13, 03:35 AM
Still battling the flu but I finally got the next post up. There's a fair amount of background story and history in there. It shouldn't have taken this long and hope everyone is still willing to continue. I certainly hope that a pause of this length doesn't occur again.

I hope you are all still willing to continue because I really like the cast of characters that's been assembled here.

Meltheim
2013-10-13, 09:45 AM
I'm ready and willing! And hoping Kallik will tell us whatever he discovered. And really hoping Sen will signal that it sounds like lots of unguarded treasure is waiting nearby. :smallbiggrin:

Megatron46
2013-10-13, 04:10 PM
Hope you feel better soon Hircine.
Just posted IC, revealing the spoiler, so you can read the creepy stuff Hircine wrote! Nicely done DM, atmospheric and chilling.

Meltheim
2013-10-15, 10:33 PM
2 things.

1. you need light in order to have shadows, right? So maybe the sunrod will create shadows (it's a reach, I know).
2. It looks like I actually can get some sort of 'light' spell as a level 2 feat! Light of Order - As a minor action, you can shed bright light out to 4 squares until you end the light as a free action.

Hircine
2013-10-17, 06:41 PM
Some of you may wish to heal up.

Meltheim
2013-10-17, 06:48 PM
Ack! I will spend 3 surges, getting me back up to full 22 HP.

Megatron46
2013-10-17, 11:45 PM
I'm already at full. But for the record I have spent 3 surges so far today.

Rjanag
2013-10-18, 12:34 AM
Sen is good where she is. (According to my records and what I see on the spreadsheet, she's at 23/28 HP and 4/6 surges.)

Irish Musician
2013-10-18, 02:51 PM
Pretty sure Thornin healed himself up and everything from the last time.

Hircine
2013-10-19, 01:30 AM
Pretty sure Thornin healed himself up and everything from the last time.

Thornin's only at 20 and Lann is at 7.

18th Avenger
2013-10-19, 11:39 AM
Yeep! Spending 2 surges to bring 21. :smallwink:

Hircine
2013-10-20, 06:37 PM
Irish are you alright with Thornin at 20HP?

Irish Musician
2013-10-21, 12:24 PM
My last account of Thornin's HP was 25/31 with 8/12 surges left. Did I miss something? :smalleek:

Edit: And on the tracker he's 31/31 with 7/12 surges left :smallconfused:

Hircine
2013-10-21, 12:39 PM
My last account of Thornin's HP was 25/31 with 8/12 surges left. Did I miss something? :smalleek:

Edit: And on the tracker he's 31/31 with 7/12 surges left :smallconfused:

SV is how much you get healed. It still reads you having 9 SR (surges remaining) meaning you haven't used anymore since the first encounter.

Irish Musician
2013-10-21, 12:41 PM
SV is how much you get healed. It still reads you having 9 SR (surges remaining) meaning you haven't used anymore since the first encounter.

Oh ok. Well the tracker still shows me as being 31/31 with 9/12 surges left. So, I guess I am confused. If I really am at 20 still, then I will use 2 surges to get to full and have 7/12 surges I suppose.

Rjanag
2013-10-21, 01:48 PM
I think I see what happened here: on the "Characters" page of the spreadsheet Thorn shows up as 31/31, whereas on the "E2" page he shows up at 20/31. I've been assuming the latest encounter, rather than the "Characters" page, is what's most up-to-date, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Megatron46
2013-10-21, 02:36 PM
I've been basing it on the latest encounter page too. That always seemed most up to date and then add changes onto my mythweavers sheet.

Megatron46
2013-10-27, 02:40 PM
So, do we pile in and unleash a second death on these shambling monsters?

Irish Musician
2013-10-27, 02:57 PM
So, do we pile in and unleash a second death on these shambling monsters?

Thornin is always for this....he just need to be given the word. That is pretty much his game plan all the time, but he knows that the group doesn't usually agree with this thinking. So he tends to hold back unless told....then he unleashes hell :smallamused:

Megatron46
2013-10-27, 03:02 PM
Ha. As long as Thornin can keep granting Kallik CA through flanking he will have a comrade in arms and violence!

Meltheim
2013-10-27, 11:01 PM
Samel adjusts his staff and make a shotgun 'cachuck' sound with his mouth. "Let's rock this joint."


Or yeah, i agree, let's go in blazing.

Hircine
2013-10-29, 11:37 AM
Since Kallik was the only one to move downstairs the rest of you must start your move from the top of the staircase.

EDIT: Also if you're looking to get a surprise round I'll need three of you to pass a DC 10 Stealth check.

Irish Musician
2013-10-29, 11:55 AM
Since Kallik was the only one to move downstairs the rest of you must start your move from the top of the staircase.

Oh, I thought we were all, like, right behind him :smallconfused:

Hircine
2013-10-29, 01:04 PM
Oh, I thought we were all, like, right behind him :smallconfused:

Reading it over Lann, Kallik, and Sen are on the steps. Samel and Thornin are at the rear. Also if you planned on getting a surprise round I'll need three of you to pass a DC 10 Stealth check. (Please make the rolls here for convenience.)

Irish Musician
2013-10-29, 01:33 PM
Reading it over Lann, Kallik, and Sen are on the steps. Samel and Thornin are at the rear. Also if you planned on getting a surprise round I'll need three of you to pass a DC 10 Stealth check. (Please make the rolls here for convenience.)
Let me ask this, can Thornin just run down the stairs into the middle of the room, to G5 where he is currently on the map, or to F6? And then that starts combat? I was really just trying to get this combat started.

Hircine
2013-10-29, 02:00 PM
Let me ask this, can Thornin just run down the stairs into the middle of the room, to G5 where he is currently on the map, or to F6? And then that starts combat? I was really just trying to get this combat started.

That's fine too.

Irish Musician
2013-10-29, 02:14 PM
That's fine too.

Ok, I'll do that and edit my post accordingly.

Meltheim
2013-10-29, 02:47 PM
Stealth for Samel

[roll0]

Rjanag
2013-10-29, 10:27 PM
Stealth for Sen: [roll0]

Megatron46
2013-10-30, 11:48 AM
Does Kallik need to do another stealth check?
If so, here we go-
Stealth- [roll0]

Hircine
2013-10-30, 06:14 PM
It's kind of late to try and sneak up on the enemy when the dwarf has already charged in.

Rjanag
2013-10-30, 11:19 PM
I thought these rolls were to see if we had snuck up before Thornin's charge (to see if that would be part of a surprise round), per our earlier message asking for Stealth checks:


Reading it over Lann, Kallik, and Sen are on the steps. Samel and Thornin are at the rear. Also if you planned on getting a surprise round I'll need three of you to pass a DC 10 Stealth check. (Please make the rolls here for convenience.)

Irish Musician
2013-10-31, 09:13 AM
I thought these rolls were to see if we had snuck up before Thornin's charge (to see if that would be part of a surprise round), per our earlier message asking for Stealth checks:
Yeah, but it doesn't matter anyway, really. Once Thornin rushed in all possibility of a surprise round was extinguished. Sorry, I was just wanting things to get a move on, we had been stuck on that stair case for a week or so now. :smallsmile:

Meltheim
2013-10-31, 12:26 PM
yeah it's just zombies. Let's pew pew pew!

Megatron46
2013-10-31, 03:32 PM
Right then! With our beloved dwarf having kick started it all off, once we've got Initiative, lets kill some zombies!

Rjanag
2013-11-01, 01:26 AM
Works for me.

Irish Musician
2013-11-01, 08:18 AM
Thornin's Initiative [roll0]

18th Avenger
2013-11-01, 09:58 AM
Rolling initiative early.

[roll0]

Meltheim
2013-11-01, 10:58 AM
init roll

[roll0]

Rjanag
2013-11-01, 11:01 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Megatron46
2013-11-02, 02:15 AM
Kallik's Initiative- [roll0]

Meltheim
2013-11-02, 02:28 AM
Kallik's Initiative- [roll0]

Literally one-upping

Hircine
2013-11-02, 07:06 AM
Enemy Initiative:
ZR1 [roll0]
ZR2 [roll1]
ZR3 [roll2]
ZR4 [roll3]
ZR5 [roll4]
ZS1 [roll5]
ZS2 [roll6]
ZS3 [roll7]
ZH [roll8]

Irish Musician
2013-11-02, 09:57 AM
I'm going to go ahead and say that Thornin knows nothing about the religion check lol

Rjanag
2013-11-02, 01:51 PM
religion: [roll0]

Rjanag
2013-11-02, 02:09 PM
I just realized I didn't adjust my attack rolls for light or anything--assuming that between Thornin's axe and Samel's sunrod it should not be an issue? But if there is low light then feel free to adjust them down.

Megatron46
2013-11-02, 03:12 PM
Literally one-upping
:smalltongue:
Religion- [roll0]
Also, are the zombie rotters minions? If Sen has taken them down then that will change my turn, actually sod it! Even if Sen hasn't taken them down Kallik will risk the AoO!
Going to post my turn in the IC thread now!
Edit- 9 grrrr!
And hope a 21 hits it's AC

Meltheim
2013-11-02, 03:39 PM
Religion [roll0] just for kicks

Megatron46
2013-11-02, 04:17 PM
Religion [roll0] just for kicks
Damn you! Now you're just showing off!:smallsmile:

Meltheim
2013-11-02, 06:26 PM
I have a terrain question - I see that Samel is up on the stairs. Can I just hop down (move directly to the right) or do I have to go around the wall before I get to the bottom?

Either way, I'm planning on hurling some bolts of radiance until I get close, at which point I will drop another Rebuke Undead bomb and hopefully clear the big guy out.

Hircine
2013-11-03, 02:58 AM
I have a terrain question - I see that Samel is up on the stairs. Can I just hop down (move directly to the right) or do I have to go around the wall before I get to the bottom?

Either way, I'm planning on hurling some bolts of radiance until I get close, at which point I will drop another Rebuke Undead bomb and hopefully clear the big guy out.

If you'd like to take 1d10 fall damage, please be my guest. :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-11-03, 10:44 AM
If you'd like to take 1d10 fall damage, please be my guest. :smallbiggrin:

/looks at HP
/looks at Acrobatics score

Hmmm, nah I'll run around :smalltongue:

Meltheim
2013-11-08, 04:28 PM
I just realized I haven't gone yet. I am so sorry. I have to run into a meeting right now but will take my turn right after (in about an hour).

I'm going to just pew pew pew and then move down, for what it's worth.
----------------------------

edit: my meeting got postponed so I just took my turn. Looks like 3 solid hits (did I really crit the 'boss' again?).

Also, please note that my attack deals radiant damage, so there may be some extra from vulnerabilities.

Megatron46
2013-11-10, 02:45 PM
Woooo! Radiant against undead! Hurrah!

Hircine
2013-11-11, 08:35 PM
I just realized I haven't gone yet. I am so sorry. I have to run into a meeting right now but will take my turn right after (in about an hour).

I'm going to just pew pew pew and then move down, for what it's worth.
----------------------------

edit: my meeting got postponed so I just took my turn. Looks like 3 solid hits (did I really crit the 'boss' again?).

Also, please note that my attack deals radiant damage, so there may be some extra from vulnerabilities.

:smallfurious: You and Irish have wreaked untold havoc on my monsters in recent encounters. The hulk drops since you scored a crit and it has zombie weakness. :smallsigh:

Irish Musician
2013-11-11, 08:39 PM
:smallfurious: You and Irish have wreaked untold havoc on my monsters in recent encounters. The hulk drops since you scored a crit and it has zombie weakness. :smallsigh:

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe :smallamused:

Hircine
2013-11-11, 10:38 PM
On another note I just noticed we're only 11 days out from the one year anniversary of this game. I would like to thank all of you for sticking with this in spite of all the lulls in activity. :smallsmile:

Meltheim
2013-11-11, 11:47 PM
Awesome! Thanks for letting me join in too :)

Megatron46
2013-11-12, 12:50 AM
:smallfurious: You and Irish have wreaked untold havoc on my monsters in recent encounters. The hulk drops since you scored a crit and it has zombie weakness. :smallsigh:
bwaaaaa haaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaa! :smalltongue:
And
A year? Cool! Not many games on here last that long, and likewise, echoing Meltheim, thanks for letting me take part.

Irish Musician
2013-11-13, 11:54 PM
Its my turn, right? So sorey. My week has been crazy, I will make a post tomorrow. If you need to move on just smack and mark as many things as you can.

Hircine
2013-11-21, 06:35 PM
18th hasn't been active in a while. Could one of you take his turn if he doesn't show up soon?

Megatron46
2013-11-22, 10:46 AM
I'm away this weekend, but I'm back Sunday night. If 18th hasn't gone by then, I'll post his turn, unless anyone else particularly wants to.

Irish Musician
2013-11-22, 05:01 PM
I'm away this weekend, but I'm back Sunday night. If 18th hasn't gone by then, I'll post his turn, unless anyone else particularly wants to.

I can take a look at his sheet before then and do something. If I don't before you get to, feel free to take it.

Hircine
2013-11-25, 10:04 AM
If one of you isn't able to take 18th's turn today I'll do something as I don't want to see this game die off due to inactivity. Unfortunately I'm also going to need to do some preliminary searching for a replacement since 18th hasn't been on in over a week.

Megatron46
2013-11-25, 03:44 PM
Going to take Lann's turn now!

Megatron46
2013-11-25, 04:04 PM
Okay Lann's turn done. Not exciting, but he hasn't the speed to get in close just yet! I'm sure that great sword will come to bear soon though.
Hircine- I'm happy to play Lann until we get a replacement, warlords are my favourite class! Or we could take turns, I don't mind.

Hircine
2013-11-26, 06:49 PM
Okay Lann's turn done. Not exciting, but he hasn't the speed to get in close just yet! I'm sure that great sword will come to bear soon though.
Hircine- I'm happy to play Lann until we get a replacement, warlords are my favourite class! Or we could take turns, I don't mind.

I generally prefer not to take control of PC's so I'll leave Lann's actions to you.

Hircine
2013-11-26, 08:30 PM
Great three more zombies down. :smallmad:

Meltheim
2013-11-26, 08:59 PM
Ahhh sorry!?!?

I'll make it up to you and throw some punching bags at Lo-Kag in our game, ok?

Megatron46
2013-11-27, 10:47 AM
Hmmm I don't think a 10 will hit. I've edited in Kallik's use of his breath weapon and here are the rolls
Dex v Ref
Rotter- [roll]1d20+5[/roll
Soldier- [roll0]
damage- [roll1] lightning damage

Megatron46
2013-11-27, 10:49 AM
Aaaaaand again!
Rotter- [/roll]1d20+5[/roll]

Megatron46
2013-11-27, 10:51 AM
Aaaaaaaargh! For the love of all things! What is wrong with me today?
[roll0]

Hircine
2013-11-29, 12:27 AM
Immediate Interrupt:
[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Hircine
2013-11-30, 11:26 AM
I'll get around to posting the next round sometime this weekend, I hope. I've also finally gotten around to posting the recruitment thread for a replacement for 18th. If you'd like to take a look here's the link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16524167#post16524167).

Hircine
2013-12-03, 09:39 AM
There's been a slight discrepancy I've had to fix on the spreadsheet. ZR4 located at O4 died during Meltheim's last attack and ZR5 should have been at P5 since ZS3 is at P4. I've moved Kallik to O5 and everything else is carried out normally. Sorry for the error on my part.

Rjanag
2013-12-03, 11:08 AM
It looks like my second attack roll was a critical, so maybe damage isn't needed? But here it is just in case:

Attack 1: 1d6+4 normally, extra 1d6 for Hunter's Quarry: [roll0]
Charge: 1d6+4 normally, extra 2 for manticore's fury, so max damage is 12

Hircine
2013-12-03, 12:05 PM
It looks like my second attack roll was a critical, so maybe damage isn't needed? But here it is just in case:

Attack 1: 1d6+4 normally, extra 1d6 for Hunter's Quarry: [roll0]
Charge: 1d6+4 normally, extra 2 for manticore's fury, so max damage is 12

That'll be enough to end this battle. Nicely done! I will admit that the encounter was far easier than I had envisioned.

Irish Musician
2013-12-03, 12:18 PM
That'll be enough to end this battle. Nicely done! I will admit that the encounter was far easier than I had envisioned.

Whoo! :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-12-03, 01:51 PM
That'll be enough to end this battle. Nicely done! I will admit that the encounter was far easier than I had envisioned.

It's all luck of the /roll, right? I once almost killed my party with a freaking level 1 mushroom because nobody could hit him and he kept critting them.

Megatron46
2013-12-03, 03:23 PM
Owwwww!
and
Wooooo!
However, if Samel hadn't critted that hulk this would have been a much different fight!

Infernally Clay
2013-12-07, 04:22 PM
Hircine said my character was to be included, so I'm posting here to subscribe. How do you want to introduce Lucia to the party?

Megatron46
2013-12-08, 04:04 PM
Hooray! Welcome new Leader! Glad you could join us.
As for how to introduce Lucia I guess Hircine will handle that.
What class is she? (From the name- guessing female, but please correct me if wrong)

Infernally Clay
2013-12-08, 04:47 PM
Hooray! Welcome new Leader! Glad you could join us.
As for how to introduce Lucia I guess Hircine will handle that.
What class is she? (From the name- guessing female, but please correct me if wrong)

A Cleric, aiming for dominantly implement powers. No whacking things over the head with a mace from her. :smallwink:

Hircine
2013-12-08, 06:57 PM
Hircine said my character was to be included, so I'm posting here to subscribe. How do you want to introduce Lucia to the party?

I'll send you a PM shortly.

Hircine
2013-12-11, 10:23 AM
Are you all ready to proceed?

Megatron46
2013-12-11, 03:44 PM
Yep! :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-12-11, 05:46 PM
ready!!!!!

edit: sorry for the confusing post earlier!

Rjanag
2013-12-12, 07:02 AM
I'm ready.

Rjanag
2013-12-13, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the group, Clay!

Hircine
2013-12-16, 09:36 AM
Is someone going to open the door?

Irish Musician
2013-12-16, 10:42 AM
Again, sorry Hircine. Like I said in the other game my life/work has been crazy this past week, but should be much calmer now. I will make a post here as well in a bit.

Infernally Clay
2013-12-16, 04:53 PM
This place needs a whistling smiley of some kind. :smallamused:

Hircine
2013-12-21, 10:00 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates on my part I sprained my hand early this week and it's been difficult to write posts.

Meltheim
2013-12-21, 11:22 PM
Feel better!

Megatron46
2013-12-22, 11:10 AM
Yeah, hope your hand feels better soon!
And
Merry mid-winter festival of choice to you all! Hope you all have the opportunity to spend it with people that you love... or at least can tolerate! Have a good one people!

Hircine
2013-12-31, 05:23 AM
I've been quite busy during the holiday season, severely limiting my posting ability. I'm back now and ready to get this show back on the road. Can everyone still participating post here in the OOC so I know they're still around?

Thanks. :smallsmile:

Megatron46
2013-12-31, 06:48 AM
Yo! :smallcool:

Meltheim
2013-12-31, 10:51 AM
I'm here! :smallcool:

Rjanag
2014-01-01, 02:23 AM
Reporting for duty

Hircine
2014-01-01, 01:53 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

Irish Musician
2014-01-02, 12:02 PM
Happy New year! And I'm here!

Megatron46
2014-01-03, 06:56 AM
Indeed, a Happy New Year to all

Hircine
2014-01-06, 12:41 AM
Since most of you have checked in I guess it's time to get this game moving again. I'll have to PM Clay. Expect a new post sometime this morning.

Rjanag
2014-01-15, 11:28 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Megatron46
2014-01-16, 04:15 PM
Perception- [roll0]

Infernally Clay
2014-01-18, 09:12 AM
Sorry about the delay, I'll put up a post now.

Hircine
2014-01-21, 06:07 PM
Let me know when you're ready to move on.

Megatron46
2014-01-23, 03:04 PM
Ready to go when everyone else is!

Irish Musician
2014-01-23, 03:07 PM
Likewise! I am ready.

Meltheim
2014-01-23, 10:55 PM
Ready - I honestly forget that you can't see that I read the post and nodded my head :smallbiggrin:

Infernally Clay
2014-01-24, 06:16 AM
Yes, let's goooooo! We have cultists to hunt and an angry spirit to quell!

Hircine
2014-01-25, 11:02 AM
So are you planning to head across the hall or continuing forward past the rows of cells.