PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4E] Threats to the Nentir Vale (OOC)



Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hircine
2012-11-21, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the out of character thread players for the Threats to the Nentir Vale campaign. Before we begin, I would like to get a few things out of the way:

- How you all met
- Final tweaks and links to your character sheets
- Character speech color.
- A 120x120 png image to be used on combat maps

Players
{TABLE=head]Character|Player|Class|Role|Race
Samel (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjs9MoHDA)|Melthe im|Invoker|Controller|Human|
Kallik Copperdance (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=519553)|Megatron46|Rogue|Str iker|Dragonborn|
Thornin Anvilshield (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjjopwHDA)|Celtic _D&Der|Fighter|Defender|Dwarf|
Lucia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=721464)|Infernally Clay |Cleric|Leader|Human|
Sen (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhiK-JsHDA)|Rjanag|Ranger |Striker|Human (Siren)|
[/TABLE]

1. Posting Frequency

I know it's not always possible but it would be great if everyone, myself included could get a post per day during the week. Of course I'm well aware this won't always be possible, just please try to post when you are able.

2. Moving Things Along

In order to keep the game flowing smoothly when your turn comes up in combat please try to post within 24 hours. If you are unable to post or don't reply in the allotted time I will take your turn to keep things going. Most likely this will consist of using an at-will power against the target of you previous attack.

I will wait at least 48 hours before taking action for a character outside of combat.

After two or more weeks of inactivity I will send out a PM to see if you're still in the game. If a timely response is not received then most likely your character will be removed from the game and an alternate brought in.

If there is a foreseeable stretch of time where you will be unable to post please send a PM or post here in the OOC thread.

3. Initiative

I've been thinking it over and come to the realization that I would be able to set up combat encounters if I rolled for every player and monster at the same time. I understand this might be problematic for some players so I wanted to get your take on the matter.

4. Combat

When you post for combat please include your damage roll and whatever effects your power had.

5. Tracking Stuff

Other than hit points and status effects I'm leaving it up to you to keep track of everything else.

6. Communication

If you have a problem, feel free to post it here or send me a PM. Waiting on me to move things along, to many combat encounters in a row, too much roleplaying, etc. How am I going to know if thereís a problem if no one says anything.

I want everyone involved to have fun in this game and I'll do all I can to ensure that.

Hircine
2012-11-21, 05:10 PM
I probably won't have the time to get the IC up tonight. I should hopefully have it done sometime tomorrow.

Rjanag
2012-11-21, 05:28 PM
3. Initiative

I've been thinking it over and come to the realization that I would be able to set up combat encounters if I rolled for every player and monster at the same time. I understand this might be problematic for some players so I wanted to get your take on the matter.

This sounds fine to me. Sen doesn't have any particular powers or things to kick off during initiative, so I don't mind if you roll it.

As for color, I like LightBlue for Sen, but if that's gonna be really hard to see I can use RoyalBlue instead.

I don't think I have any tweaks to make to the sheet, unless anyone notices a problem or has a suggestion (I'm certainly open to suggestions on what would make a better build). Here's a 120x120 png: http://i.imgur.com/HJ5UI.png. My character background (posted here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14236193&postcount=43) in he recruiting thread...it's in my iplay4e sheet but it seems like only I can see it, anyone know how to make the 'notes' section public?) has a suggestion at the end for how she may have met you guys--she was living in the forest and some of you guys came across her while she was getting attacked by a bear and helped her out.

18th Avenger
2012-11-21, 08:19 PM
I'm in! Thanks, Hircine!

I call DarkGreen for Lannval Greyfriar!

Posting frequency's not a problem for me as I work at home.

For Initiative, I'm fine with your rolling for everything. But if there's gonna be surprise encounters, just factor in Lann's Alertness. Speaking of that, Lann's as tweaked as I can make him.

But wait a second... That means... Oh, Kord... I'm pulling duty as Party Face!

@Rjanag: Yeah, Royal Blue looks better.

Hircine
2012-11-21, 09:18 PM
I almost forgot could you please submit a wishlist of magical equipment that you want.

Rjanag
2012-11-21, 10:34 PM
Royale Bleu it is for Sen!

Hircine: do you want the wish list here, or via PM?

Hircine
2012-11-21, 10:48 PM
Royale Bleu it is for Sen!

Hircine: do you want the wish list here, or via PM?

Either will be fine, I'm not very picky.

Irish Musician
2012-11-21, 11:37 PM
Sweet, I am excited to get a game going again!


Thornin Anvilshield (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjjopwHDA), Fighter of the Lost Clan

Background:
Thornin was born into this world underground, as had the countless generations of dwarves from the Avilshield clan before him. And like the other strong, strudy dwarves of his clan, he was a smith. From birth, the dwarves of the Anvilshield clan smithed many suits of armor, weapons, and anything else they could trade made of metal. They were masters of their craft and people from all over the realm came to buy their wares. Of course, none were allowed into their actual stronghold in the northern Dawnforge Mountains, so the clan traded in Hammerfast their wares, and then would go back to their stronghold and bury their gold, hording it like dwarves tended to do.

As soon as he was able, Thornin trained under his father, a Grandmaster Smith of the clan, on how to forge their armor so that near nothing could get through it and their weapons so that a boulder landing on it might not sunder it. For many, many years, that is all that Thornin did, day in and day out, was apprentice under his father. To some, this may seem like a lackluster life, but to the clan of Anvilshield this was life. Thornin showed great potential to one day follow in his father's footsteps and become, himself, a Grandmaster Smith. When Thornin turned 20, he trained with the clan's army, as many do when they get to a certain age. He trained with their militia for 5 years and showed great skill with a shield and battleaxe and won great respect from his elders, and his father. For the next 10 years, he served in the army, gaining rank as a Sergent and some glory as well, before being release from active service and going back to his smithing. Of course, if his clan ever needed him he would return, but Thornin was glad to be back in this original profession and love.

When Thornin turned 38, he was given the title of Master Smith, with all the benefits and rewards that went with it, mostly gold and a big house in the Mountain of his own. Within the clan, at any given time, there were 4 Grandmaster Smiths that generally kept their titles as long as they lived, or if they decided to retire from Smithing, which did happen more often than one might think. Then, there were a handful of Master smiths sprinkled throughout the clan to keep things running and teach the greener smiths how to forge their items and weapons.

It was in his 42nd year that Thronin met Hestia, a priestess of Moradin. Now, in their clan, honor was one of the most important things to have, so Thornin could not just go and talk to Hestia at first. He had to talk to his father, who in turn had to talk to Hestia's father, who in turn had to talk to Hestia. If she was interested as well, then they had to go back down the chain the other way until it got back to Thornin that, yes, she would love to speak with him. From there, the fathers had many debates on how often they could see each other and who was to watch them when they did. Eventually all of the "guidelines" got sorted out, and Thornin was given permission to court Hestia. Their courtship lasted for 3 years, in which they got to know each other, spend time with one another, and test out their new relationship. When Thronin was 46, and they had been seeing each other for 4 years, he decided to ask her to marry him. Once again, the dwarven grape-vine happened and father talked to father, though the couple was allowed to be present during these talks. They debated dowry, land, houses, smithys, who could mine where, and so on. All the while, Thornin and Hestia just smiled at each other because they knew they would be living together forever. Eventually all of the details got sorted out, and they were set to marry.

Their wedding came and went and they moved in together and lived as happy dwarves for quite a few years. Then, in Thronin's 61st year, his life ended. He had gone to Hammerfast to sell some wares, a week's trip usually, and he had done well. On his way back home to his wife and clan, he saw in the distance a large smoke cloud over where he knew his stronghold to be. Of course, he rushed back home as fast as he could, and when he finally got back, there was nothing but mountain strewn everywhere and smoking coming out of the stone. And then he heard it, the largest, most gruesome roar he had ever heard. He doubled over in pain, due to the sheer volume of it, and when he looked back up, he saw a giant winged serpent flying out of his home, circling around it, breathing fire as he went. He couldn't stop himself, and ran to his beloved. He tried to get into one of the sercret holes that he knew of, but when he went to open them, nothing but fire came out of it. It was as if the dragon had breathed in an ocean of fire, and it was spilling out onto the surface. Thornin opened yet another passage to try and get in, but the pressure of it blew him backwards, knocking him unconscious.

When he awoke he was in a room, on a bed, with a wet cloth on his forehead. An old hermit looking man sat in the room with him, and explained that he had found him at the base of the mountain, nearly dead, and had saved him. Thornin had no thanks to give, for truly at that moment, he wished he was dead. The old man, who's name was Neil, nursed Thornin back to health as much as he could, but as soon as he was able, Thornin left. Though he never said thank you, Thornin fixed some thing around the man's hut, and to this day those things have never broken again. Thornin left Neil's side, and has been traveling ever since. Picking up work where he can, and drowning his sorrows in ale when he is done with the work, holding on to the only thing he has left of his life from before, his wife's Holy symbol of Moradin that she would give him every time he left to sell his wares. Every day he thinks about his beloved wife and his clan, and every day he plans his revenge on the horrible Red Wurm in his home.

Appearance:
Found this picture, and it was perfect!!!
http://www.santharia.com/tribes/dwarves/mitharim_fighter.jpg

Personality:
Quiet, Solemn, negative, Gruff. Thornin is your typical dwarf, but a lot darker since the loss of his home, his clan, and his wife. He wears a holy symbol of Moradin, but he has lost his faith in the gods since his clan was wiped out. He is bitter, jaded, and oft times not fun in the least. He always has an ale in his hand, and when he is on the road he carries a flask with a powerful whiskey in it. He isn't sloppy drunk 90% of the time, but he always has some sort of alcohol in his system.

Wishlist: In order of Want, top to bottom
Dwarven Scale
Flaming Weapon
Cloak of the Walking Wounded
Floating Shield

onlie2005
2012-11-22, 12:51 AM
Jessica the Brave (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=470085)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKaqu-kiHY27hkIrsinokS-RGn3tZYcMpvJVPewhpr5yR0sQd7zEltzm1lag

As for her joining the party. Maybe we could roleplay them meeting Jessica at the Nentir Inn? Or they might have passed her by the road as she was travelling alone and being the good aligned group that it was, decided to have her travel with them. Eventually they figured out that she was a wizard after she helped them fight off a bandit ambush. Given that they were sorely lacking in magical arcane firepower, they allow her to stay with the group since she was an orphan.

Rjanag
2012-11-22, 12:57 AM
Here's my wishlist, as well as my character info from the recruiting thread.

Wishlist (in order from want the most to want the least):
Hungry Spear +1 (lvl 2)
Point Blank Javelin +1 (lvl 3)
Bestial hide armor +1 (lvl 3)
Badge of the Berserker +1 (lvl 2)


Sen (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhiK-JsHDA), Siren Ranger

Background:

Sen's first memories were of helping her mother arrange the bones of fresh victims in her cave by the seaside. They lived alone, avoiding the clutch of sirens that occupied most of the nearby coast. Her mother said she had always been a loner--the truth, however, was that the other sirens were peaceful and playful, and did not approve of Sen's mother's brutal ways. When Sen was young, she and her mother subsisted mainly on fish and small animals, but her mother also took every chance she could to catch hapless travelers for food, turning their bones and scalps into trophies.

Sen's mother taught her to fish and hunt small animals from when she was a girl, but always insisted that Sen stay behind when she hunted...larger prey. It was not until Sen began to mature that her mother taught her to use her voice to channel fey magics. Her mother was training her how to catch human prey. Once her mother felt Sen had learned to control the magic, she took her along to track some travelers that had just passed through. The hunt, however, ended in disaster.

The travelers they tracked down were more numerous and less helpless than Sen's mother had anticipated. Several of them resisted the sirens' song, and set upon them with their weapons. In what seemed like instants, the travelers had cut Sen's mother down. Sen herself was not much of a fighter, however, and the travelers subdued her without killing her. They tied her up and took her as a prize. After several days' travel they reached a city and sold Sen to group of performers. First, however, to remove any threat she posed, they forced her to drink a foul-smelling, corrosive liquid; the shock of it knocked her unconscious, and when she woke up she found herself unable to vocalize any sounds. With her voice gone, she found that her connection to the fey magics she was just starting to master had been severed.

For the next two years she was paraded from town to town and gawked at by countless spectators. While she hated being put on display, and suffered frequent physical abuse from her owners, there was a kind old man who helped her pass the days. He sometimes snuck her fish or small animals to eat, and at nights he taught her how to communicate by making shapes with her hands and by writing symbols on a stone tablet. Although she still felt hatred for her captors, her time with the old man (whose name she never learned) gave her a newfound respect for humans. While her mother had taught her to view them only as prey, here she learned that they were people just like her--and while some of them were cruel, others seemed to be good.

Eventually she escaped from the circus when a fire threw her captors into disarray and a falling beam broke her cage. She searched frantically for her friend, but did not find him. With nowhere else to go, she grabbed a javelin (which one of the performers used as a prop in a show with a lion) and ran off into the nearby forest. There she lived for several more months, re-learning how to hunt and to take care of herself, until she met a party of adventurers. The adventurers happened upon her as she was being attacked by a bear whose territory she had strayed too close to, and their intervention likely saved her life. Thankful for their assistance, and seeing that they were not out to hurt her like the humans who had held her captive before, she decided to join them in their travels.


Physical description:

Being a siren, Sen has the appearance of an attractive human woman. She is tall and lean, with brown hair that she ties behind her head but otherwise leaves somewhat unkempt. Her skin has a faint blue tinge to it, but is smooth and free of blemishes. She dresses in light animal hides.

While physically attractive, she does not have the irresistable quality of most sirens, thanks to her severed connection with her fey magics. In fact, without that connection, there is somewhat off about her. Features that a siren's aura would usually mask from onlookers--like the lines on the sides of her neck, faint remnants of gills that her ancestors had when they emerged from the sea centuries ago--make her appearance slightly off-putting to many people.

http://i.imgur.com/wRRhU.jpg


Personality:

Being unable to speak, Sen has learned to terse in her interactions with others. Although she has taught her companions some of her sign language, she is only able to express relatively simple concepts to them, and expressing more complicated thoughts in writing is slower. Therefore, before bothering to say anything, she makes sure it is worth saying.

She feels a strong connection to the others in her adventuring party, and to pretty much no one else. Her years of abuse at the hands of humans have made her distrustful, and even scared, of anyone she does not know. Her isolation from others is only exacerbated by the fact that many people cannot read, and thus she has no way to communicate with them except through pantomime. She is generally unwilling, therefore, to try to interact with other people unless her companions are around--and when they are around, she is just as happy to let them do it.

Around those she knows, however, she is much more open. She often even acts playful, when she knows she is safe. She does not feel her mother's contempt for other races; rather, she imagines she is much more like the carefree and gregarious sirens that her mother shunned (although she has never actually met one).

Irish Musician
2012-11-22, 01:32 AM
Like my top character signature Rjanag? :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2012-11-22, 01:38 AM
Like my top character signature Rjanag? :smallbiggrin:

Sure do! I'm just being a big copycat :smalltongue:

18th Avenger
2012-11-22, 05:58 AM
A wishlist, hey? Well, I'm perfectly fine with my plain old greatsword, but an item or maybe a bit of armor wouldn't hurt.

Here's a list of what I'd like, from most wanted to least wanted.

Bracers of Mighty Striking, Lvl. 2+
Exalted Armor +1, Lvl. 5+
Subtle Greatsword +1, Lvl. 3+
Swiftshot Crossbow +1, Lvl. 3+

Because most of these would take a level up, I can wait. :smallsmile:

Rjanag
2012-11-22, 09:18 AM
As for her joining the party.

@onlie: On the other hand, if the party has already been together for a little while, I imagine Sen would feel a special connection to Jessica, given that Sen, like most of her kind, is also a kid at heart and kind of playful when she's able to let down her guard. Maybe on the road (when they weren't busy fighting monsters) they would often pass the time by playing pick-up-sticks or some other kid game.

Their goofing around might have annoyed the gruff Thornin to no end :smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2012-11-22, 11:28 AM
Finally!

Been looking for the art that inspired Lannval Grymfriar.

Beezow (http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/Stormwaters_RP/GreyRifle.jpg)! Feast your eyes!

Of course, take away the shotguns and whatever, make it chainmail instead of his kevlar/synthetics mash-up he's currently wearing and you got yourselves the party face. :smallsmile:

Rjanag
2012-11-22, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't want to mess with that guy!

18th Avenger
2012-11-22, 11:49 AM
@Rjanag: Thanks. That pic's been stuck in my head for a long time.

Hmmm, actually, by removing a few of the too modern-looking elements, there's little to change about the picture. :smallcool:

Maybe Lann could even keep his hair braided before fights. Heck, I even see Jessica braiding his long red hair while he naps.

With flowers, of course. :smalltongue:

onlie2005
2012-11-22, 12:31 PM
Rjanag: How about we change your background a little. Suppose a few nights before you were free, Jessica, a kindhearted, empathic child, showed compassion for you as well. When she first saw you and the abuse you had taken, she complained to the owners who simply laughed her off and told her to go away. It took Lanval, who happened to be there visiting to stop her from wanting to blast the owner. Jessica though decided to sneak into the performer's camp and free Sen personally. Lanval, who was impressed by the fact that the little girl was travelling and surviving on her own at a young age, and agreeing with her about freeing Sen, decided to help. But then luck played an important role. The performers had had a bad run in with the Iron Circle because they were gamblers and in debt. So they came to the camp at night and threatened the owners, starting to burn down buildings. Naturally Jessica and Lanval intervened and as payment for their services for driving off the Iron Circle mercenaries, with the added threat of Jessica threatening to do more damage than the Iron Circle, Sen was freed. What do you think guys?

Rjanag
2012-11-22, 12:59 PM
That is fine with me if it fits with the others' backgrounds too. That part of my background isn't set in stone so I'm fine with changing it up a little.

onlie2005
2012-11-22, 03:19 PM
Magic Item Wishlist

Magic Wand +1
Magic Wand +2
Wand of Ice Rays
Wand of Fire Burst

Solinvitus
2012-11-22, 06:39 PM
Yeah the game's up! I shall copy over the character sheets and all over when I get more time. And magic items. Need my books. Later. : )

Hircine
2012-11-22, 07:44 PM
Yeah the game's up! I shall copy over the character sheets and all over when I get more time. And magic items. Need my books. Later. : )

Thanks for checking in. I hope your traveling is going well.

Hircine
2012-11-22, 07:45 PM
First I just want to wish everyone who celebrates the holiday a Happy Thanksgiving!

Secondly the IC thread is up and ready to go! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262304)

18th Avenger
2012-11-22, 08:28 PM
@ Onlie: I'm fine with that. :smallsmile:

EDIT: Also, where's the Inn on the map?

Hircine
2012-11-23, 01:29 AM
@ Onlie: I'm fine with that. :smallsmile:

EDIT: Also, where's the Inn on the map?

Fallcrest Map Legend:
http://knightsoffallcrest.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/fallcrest.jpg

1. Tower of Waiting
2. Upper Quays
3. Five-Arch Bridge
4. Nentir Inn
5. Knightís Gate
6. Silver Unicorn Inn
7. Halfmoon Trading House
8. Moonstone Keep
9. The Tombwood
10. House of the Sun
11. House Azaer
12. The Nentir Falls
13. Temple of Erathis
14. The Bluffs
15. The Catacombs
16. Moonsong Temple
17. Fallcrest Stable
18. Wizardís Gate
19. Naerumarís Imports
20. Kamroth Estate
21. Moonwash Falls
22. Septarchís Tower
23. Blue Moon Alehouse
24. Teldorthanís Arms
25. Kingís Gate
26. The Market Green
27. Sandercot Provisioners
28. Lucky Gnome Taphouse
29. Lower Quays

Solinvitus
2012-11-24, 09:29 AM
Arakai Khan
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Barbarian (Rageblood)
Alignment: Unaligned
Age: 16

Character Sheet
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=456915

Background

Abandonment, racial discrimination, isolation and anger...Those were the few words that summed up Arakai Khan's early life.

Shortly after the child was born, his human father and Half-Orc mother left him to the care of his grandfather. Whenever the boy questioned about the whereabouts of his parents, the old man would tell him the tales of adventures around Fallcrest, his parents had went to accomplish something important and would one day return with fame and riches beyond mundane imagination. Arakai was thrilled by the stories and longed for their swift return. But they didn't come back. And he needed them badly.

Even though the young Arakai took much of his father's human features-other than the two tiny protruding tusks that shows up only when he opens his mouth- the other tribesmen regarded the half blood as an abomination. They despised him. For countless times, his grandfather assured him that he was special, but in his heart, he knew better that he was different.

When he was just a toddler, he was already growing faster and bigger than others of his age. There were older kids of his size who threw vicious verbal assaults and conspired cruel pranks at him. Though all these acts of mischief ceased as soon as he turned 10. He was close to a full grown man- tall and powerfully built. There after, the parents in the tribe strictly forbade their children any form of association with him.

Yet, his venerable grandfather saw a better way to how his negative emotions could be put into better use. In order to minimize the feeling of isolation from others, his grandfather kept him busy everyday and threw him into rigorous training for long hours. By the night fall, Arakai would be too tired feel anything, anymore. Other times, he was led through rites of passage to strengthen his ties with nature and spirits. When time was right, he was taught the primal secrets of rage channeling, the ability to call upon the powers of his chosen totem, a panther. Gradually, Arakai learned to calm his anger, contained the excessive energies and finally the ability release the rage into furious combat prowess. By 14, he was the most ferocious warrior in the tribe of Arakan. Sadly, it was also the year his grandfather pass away.

Left with neither love nor friendship at home, Arakai decided to leave the tribe and headed toward Fallcrest, in search of his parents and adventures. He had no idea if his parents were still alive but he swore to find them. If not, at least, it was time for him to craft his own path and experienced a world, hopefully, vastly different from where he came from.

Description
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o593/natshikrak/barbarian_zps3e3b8f3f.jpg

Arakai is about 6' tall and possesses a highly conditioned body. Nothing more can be said about his bland look except for his pair of black orb, piercing eyes that exudes dominance and determination. Unless he opened his mouth to reveal that pair of small tusks at his lower row of teeth, he can easily passes off as another human.

Arakai is a quiet and deliberate warrior with a furious expression locked on his face most of the time. If he ever smiles, it must be something really hilarious or it is his response in mockery. His mannerism and speech tends to be unpolished and overly candid. When he rages, the primal force within spring into being, his short fangs grow longer, his pupils turn panther-like, and his skin turns dark at night. This is not the best time if one ever considers talking him out.

In contrary to his intimidating appearance, Arakai has developed a tendency toward righteousness and acts as his conscience directs him- part of his grandfather that remains. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although tends toward good, may not agree with that of society.

He despise injustice and tyranny, much more slavery. He is sad to see people giving up too easily without fighting a good fight. He loves challenges and embraces them with great anticipation. Despite his brashness at times, he is a good man at heart.

Item Wishlist
* Level 2: Great Sword of Blood Claw +1
* Level 2: Amulet of Protection
* Level 2: Boots of Acrobat
* Level 3: Glove of Piercing
* Level 5: Barkskin Armor

18th Avenger
2012-11-24, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Hircine.

Anyway, here's Lann's final sheet (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=11592).

Solinvitus has a good idea. I'll toss in a Cloak of Resistance to my wishlist. I also wish we can re-flavor it into a Kilt of Resistance. :smallbiggrin:

Final List, from most to least wanted.

Bracers of Mighty Striking, Lvl. 2+
Cloak/Kilt of Resistance +1, Lvl. 2+
Swiftshot Crossbow +1, Lvl. 3+
Subtle Greatsword +1, Lvl. 3+
Exalted Armor +1, Lvl. 5+

Hircine
2012-11-27, 05:34 PM
I apologize for the delay and hope everyone is sill here. The last couple of days have been extremely hectic but thankfully things have calmed down, which should allow me more time to post.

One other thing I forgot to mention earlier if you haven't subscribed to the IC and OOC thread please do so.

18th Avenger
2012-11-27, 09:01 PM
Bookmarked and ready. I'll roll for insight here. I don't know about Celtic, but I'm telling the group.

Rollin' Insight:
[roll0]

EDIT: Barely beat the DC. Lann knows what he's up to. :smallsmile:

Hircine
2012-11-29, 03:58 AM
18th just a reminder but the guards are seeking a response.

18th Avenger
2012-11-29, 07:16 AM
And answered! :smallcool:

EDIT: Sorry it took me a while. Things came up and I've failed NaNo... :smallfrown:

Hircine
2012-11-29, 10:16 PM
Since both Celtic and 18th have two different leads I would consider splitting up to cover more ground.

18th Avenger
2012-11-29, 11:02 PM
Rjanag might also have a lead with Serim. :smallsmile:

Rjanag
2012-11-30, 01:26 AM
Rjanag might also have a lead with Serim. :smallsmile:

Ah, that is true!

But Sen would not be one to go try and talk to him...especially since there are other leads, she's happy to just follow the others to one or the other of them. Unless someone else wants to talk to Serim... (and actually right now she's under the impression that he's a bad guy, since Lann didn't seem to like him :smalltongue:)

18th Avenger
2012-11-30, 07:35 PM
Unless someone else wants to talk to Serim... (and actually right now she's under the impression that he's a bad guy, since Lann didn't seem to like him :smalltongue:)
Maybe 'not like' is a strong phrase... Just a little wary. You never know what's going on in a noble's mind. Much less one who was expatriated. If Sen 'tells' him, Lann will talk to him as well.

Hircine
2012-11-30, 10:44 PM
If you're ready to leave just give me a destination.

18th Avenger
2012-12-01, 10:00 AM
I've got a good lead, but this group's a democracy. I'm open to suggestions, gang. :smallsmile:

Rjanag
2012-12-01, 10:15 AM
I'm good with splitting up to cover more ground. Sen can follow up with Serim as long as someone goes along to do the talking!

18th Avenger
2012-12-01, 10:58 AM
We have our first taker. Thanks, Rjanag. :smallsmile:

Well, what say thee, Hircine? Could you handle a party splitting up for the moment?

Lann will go with Sen and Thornin can go check his lead, maybe with either Jessica or Arakhai in tow.

Irish Musician
2012-12-01, 12:39 PM
Thornin will gladly go check his lead out, though he doesn't care if anyone comes with him. Most likely will just start walking that direction and whoever comes, comes.

Hircine
2012-12-01, 01:24 PM
We have our first taker. Thanks, Rjanag. :smallsmile:

Well, what say thee, Hircine? Could you handle a party splitting up for the moment?

Lann will go with Sen and Thornin can go check his lead, maybe with either Jessica or Arakhai in tow.


No problem.

Hircine
2012-12-02, 05:56 AM
I was trying to get both groups actions in one post but have decided to split them due to it taking so long. I should have Thornin's action up in a bit.

18th Avenger
2012-12-02, 08:42 AM
Rollin' Insight:
[roll0]
EDIT: Poop, Lann doesn't get the feeling. But then again, common sense tells him that such an amount of money for an offer that only comes once is already suspicious enough. However, we're gonna try playing the nice card...

Counter roll diplomacy's good, though. Let's see what we can wheedle.

@Rjanag, Solinvitus and Onlie: You three try it as well. Who knows? One of you might get lucky.

Rjanag
2012-12-02, 09:00 AM
Sen is not exactly Ms. Insight, but let's see if she can get a lucky roll!

Insight: [roll0]


No such luck!

Solinvitus
2012-12-02, 09:30 AM
Ah...same fate as Sen...just slight better. rolled a 10. ; p

18th Avenger
2012-12-02, 10:04 AM
A mistake I made. My bad. :smallredface:

Solinvitus
2012-12-02, 10:10 AM
Rolled it in the spoiler in IC. : )

18th Avenger
2012-12-02, 10:48 AM
@Solly: Oh! We're already in the second page! I see it. Good try, though. :smallbiggrin:

Now, it's Onlie's turn. Hopefully, he'll get a good roll.

Hircine
2012-12-04, 05:15 AM
I'll have a post up for the rest of the group shortly but I wanted to get Celtic's side up as he's been waiting patiently for a while now.

18th Avenger
2012-12-04, 10:21 AM
It won't be much of a wait. It's just Thornin stepping out. Poor dwarf, all on his lonesome. :smallfrown:

Irish Musician
2012-12-04, 10:23 AM
It won't be much. It's just Thornin stepping out. Poor dwarf, all on his lonesome. :smallfrown:

It's ok....he prefers it that way anyway :smallwink:

Rjanag
2012-12-04, 10:31 AM
"Loner?" "No, I own it!"

18th Avenger
2012-12-04, 01:16 PM
@Rjanag: Boo! :smalltongue:

And what's happening with Thornin brings to mind a potential shanking that might happen in my other RP. Our dwarf ran into one of his fellows, right. The other dwarf has a family token which our dwarf recognized. When this was pointed out, the other dwarf was confused and said he happened upon the trinket by stabbing the owner in the back.

Got a little pool going on as to what will happen. :smallcool:

Rjanag
2012-12-04, 01:23 PM
"I swear it was an accident, my knife just fell into his back...several times!"

18th Avenger
2012-12-04, 01:28 PM
"Oh, I totally understand. Just lemme put this axe down and -Whoops!"

"Huh. I guess we could call that an... axe-ident!"

EDIT: He was cool. He didn't axe the other guy. :smalltongue:

Hircine
2012-12-05, 01:38 PM
I've got posts for both groups up now. I would have gotten them up sooner but the site's downtime yesterday delayed the process.

Rjanag
2012-12-05, 02:31 PM
"Huh. I guess we could call that an... axe-ident!"

*facepalm* :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2012-12-05, 02:36 PM
Just made a quick update to my post, so when you guys get done with this Faringray guy, Thornin will meet up with the rest of you back at the Inn.

Rjanag
2012-12-05, 07:58 PM
Just made a quick update to my post, so when you guys get done with this Faringray guy, Thornin will meet up with the rest of you back at the Inn.

Nice. I was about to post asking about how we would find him again. I guess we can assume we all knew to meet back up there!

Irish Musician
2012-12-05, 08:22 PM
Nice. I was about to post asking about how we would find him again. I guess we can assume we all knew to meet back up there!
Well, I think really the assumption was that if you guys didn't meet Thornin, he will just most likely stay at the bar drinking, and not try and find you guys :smallamused:

18th Avenger
2012-12-05, 08:57 PM
Should've added that Lann caught Thornin coming back in.

Ah, well... :smalltongue:

EDIT: If it wasn't obvious, I want everyone's first reaction to seeing Lann is 'Oh, gods, it's him'. Dread or otherwise, it must be that reaction.

Even those who don't know him. :smallcool:

Hircine
2012-12-11, 09:47 AM
Nicely done Rjanag! I didn't even think about anyone using the horse.

Rjanag
2012-12-11, 10:31 AM
Woohoo! I'm lucky that worked! I was racking my brains trying to think of a way to use one of my skills that actually has a bonus; that seemed like a long shot but Sen doesn't have any "people" skills. Nice that neglecting Diplomacy gave me a chance to get creative...

18th Avenger
2012-12-11, 11:50 AM
Okay, I've a long shot for a post...

I'll roll Diplomacy here and post a link on my response in the IC thread.
[roll0]
Hope this works... :smalleek:

Hircine
2012-12-11, 09:32 PM
Well played Avenger, you're half way there. Now we just need to see what Solinvitus and Onlie will add.

Irish Musician
2012-12-12, 01:10 AM
Funny enough, as bad as Thornin is with Diplomacy, I think he could just make a straight RP post with this man and I think they would see quite eye to eye. Unfortunately, Thornin is drinking at the bar......like he does :smallamused:

Hircine
2012-12-13, 07:21 PM
I'm not really sure what to do here as I've heard nothing from Solinvitus or onlie.

Rjanag
2012-12-13, 07:38 PM
I'm not really sure what to do here as I've heard nothing from Solinvitus or onlie.

I wouldn't mind making a second check if you want, if we don't hear from them (although I'm not confident Sen has another skill she could beat the DC with!).

18th Avenger
2012-12-13, 10:11 PM
Not sure about Onlie, but Solly did say he was in Beijing and he'd try to post when he can.

Rjanag
2012-12-14, 05:50 AM
I just saw posts from both of them in our other campaign, so they're probably just about to post over here too!

Solinvitus
2012-12-14, 08:22 AM
I am back. ; p

Having meeting...

At this point, nothing much to add. : )

EDIT: The dice really hates me!!!!

18th Avenger
2012-12-14, 09:28 AM
As a straight man, I love you anyway, Solly. :smallbiggrin:

Solinvitus
2012-12-14, 10:10 AM
*hands grabbing the love bubbles*

Rjanag
2012-12-14, 08:31 PM
I just added a flavor post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14380323&postcount=62), no actual mechanics. I'm ready to do another check if needed (I assume at least one person will need to roll a second check anyway...or two if Onlie doesn't get a success), but I'm just waiting to see what happens with Onlie's, to see if anyone's going to get that bonus from Insight (since Sen's diplomacy isn't good and I haven't yet thought of another skill other than nature to try, I would need all the help!). I don't want to waste the Insight roll myself because Onlie's character has a far better chance of succeeding at it... (although I just noticed she also has Religion, if Faringray is a religious man then maybe there's another angle she could use!)

Then again, if Onlie gets a success on something and we only need one more, then our best chance is probably with Lann's diplomacy rather than any of Sen's stuff...

18th Avenger
2012-12-15, 05:22 AM
We can also put hope in Faringray being a sucker for little girls. :smallsmile:

Came out so much better in my head.

Hircine
2012-12-15, 12:22 PM
It took linger than I like but the google spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArV_dKMpcV5adExSdEhUcGNZLWxUcHVCOFlmOFhOU mc#gid=1) is mostly complete. Please review the information to make sure all of your character's stats are correct.

Also could everyone except Rjanag resize the photo of your character to a 120x120 PNG format.

Finally onlie while I was inputting your stats I found a couple of problems with your sheet. Currently you have 4 feats including one that you have under your Class / Path / Destiny Features section. Please remove one and decide whether you'll keep the wand of accuracy which is under the same section. Also I'm wondering how you have 7 strength and are getting a +5 when your intelligence is only 18.

Rjanag
2012-12-15, 12:29 PM
Nice!

Sen's stuff all looks good, except that Sen actually has 12 javelins (2 equipped--when in battle--and the rest in a bundle). I figured I'd stock up since she might be throwing them around! (And that's the main reason the top of my wishlist is magical spears/javelins...since they come back to her hand then I won't have to worry about carrying a ton around.) It seems like the un-equipped ones show up on my sheet when I'm logged in, but when I look at it from logged out it just says how many she has equipped and not how many she has overall, so that must be what you saw. Everything else looks in order!

Rjanag
2012-12-16, 10:23 AM
I just jumped in and did another check, hopefully not stepping on any toes--i figured even if Onlie succeeds, we'll still need at least one more, so if mine is successful then we might be done and if it fails then Lann still has a chance to make another check with his better diplomacy ;)

Hircine
2012-12-17, 04:20 AM
Sorry Rjanag you were off by 2.

I'm just going to mention this again in case everyone didn't see it before. Could everyone except Rjanag resize the photo of your character to a 120x120 PNG format.

Rjanag
2012-12-17, 07:42 AM
D'oh!

I guess our best chance now is another Diplomacy from Lann (maybe boosted with an Insight check? I think Onlie's character is the only one with a good Insight score), and maybe a Religion? If worst comes to worse, we could just go follow up on Grumpy's lead ;)

Irish Musician
2012-12-17, 09:42 AM
Here is Thornin via 120x120 :smallsmile:

http://i.imgur.com/cQQ2i.jpg

18th Avenger
2012-12-17, 10:50 AM
@Hircine: I didn't submit a picture. Did you want one?

And Rjanag does bring up a good point. I'd like to try again. Will I get a bonus after the first successful attempt?

Hircine
2012-12-17, 10:58 AM
@Hircine: I didn't submit a picture. Did you want one?

And Rjanag does bring up a good point. I'd like to try again. Will I get a bonus after the first successful attempt?

I thought you submitted this (http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/Stormwaters_RP/GreyRifle.jpg). I do need a 120x120 png for the combat maps. No bonus though someone could make a DC 10 aid another check to give you a plus 2.

18th Avenger
2012-12-17, 11:00 AM
I thought you submitted this (http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/Stormwaters_RP/GreyRifle.jpg). I do need a 120x120 png for the combat maps. No bonus though someone could make a DC 10 aid another check to give you a plus 2.

Ah, a'right. Hang on, I'll resize the pic I sent.

Should I roll here for the check?

Hircine
2012-12-17, 11:02 AM
Ah, a'right. Hang on, I'll resize the pic I sent.

Should I roll here for the check?

Whichever is easiest for you.

18th Avenger
2012-12-17, 11:17 AM
If that's the case... This is my insight check;

1d20+1
Also, here's the headshot (http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/Stormwaters_RP/?action=view&current=LannEdited.jpg). Can you use it?

18th Avenger
2012-12-17, 11:18 AM
Ick. I hate double-posting...

[roll0]
Insight Check.

Rjanag
2012-12-17, 11:19 AM
Ah yes...I was thinking about trying aid another earlier, but then I forgot....

Aid Another has to be with the same skill as what you're using, right? Then since Sen's diplomacy isn't great, I won't risk it (I'd have a 50-50 chance of just giving you a penalty instead!)

Hircine
2012-12-17, 11:23 AM
Ick. I hate double-posting...

[roll0]
Insight Check.

Great Roll! You easily beat the DC and gift whoever goes next a +2 to their roll.

Rjanag
2012-12-17, 11:31 AM
Great Roll! You easily beat the DC and gift whoever goes next a +2 to their roll.

D'oh...and my last one was 2 off the DC... if only I had been more patient!! :smallfurious:

18th Avenger
2012-12-17, 11:32 AM
When Onlie hops on, I'll probably give it to Jessica.

In the mean time, you want me to try a hard Diplomacy roll?

Hircine
2012-12-17, 11:32 AM
Almost forgot that your roll also counts as a success.

18th Avenger
2012-12-17, 11:36 AM
Awesome. Damage control time. :smallsmile:

Rjanag
2012-12-17, 11:38 AM
Almost forgot that your roll also counts as a success.

Oh nice.... so everything comes down to one last roll!

Hircine
2012-12-17, 11:43 AM
Awesome. Damage control time. :smallsmile:

I'll need an IC post though.

18th Avenger
2012-12-17, 11:57 AM
Already done. It was a chewing-the-scenery moment if I ever had one. It felt... Cathartic. :smallbiggrin:

Solinvitus
2012-12-17, 03:03 PM
It's 3am here and I was rushing for some deadlines. Will update later in my afternoon. Sorry. : p

18th Avenger
2012-12-17, 11:12 PM
It's cool, Solly. It's the holidays and everyone's catching up with work or school.

Also, I would like to point out that Onlie made the last success with a 19. :smallbiggrin: Looks like he didn't even need the bonus I'd confer from earlier's check.

Rjanag
2012-12-18, 08:17 AM
Nice! Now we can finally get moving :)

By the way Avenger, when I read your post I could almost hear the inspirational music swelling in the background :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2012-12-20, 01:55 AM
Sorry I've been unable to post the last couple of days. My hard drive has died and I won't be getting a new one until next week. The game will move a bit slower until a new one is sent out. Hopefully I'll be able to get an IC post up later today.

Rjanag
2012-12-20, 08:24 AM
No worries Hircine, it sucks that that happened! I'm sure you've got a lot more than D&D to be worrying about. Hopefully everything gets sorted out soon!

18th Avenger
2012-12-28, 03:03 PM
Thanks, Rjanag. :smallsmile:

Hope everyone's had a good holiday. And worry not, Hircine. We can wait. :smallwink:

[roll0]

Hircine
2012-12-31, 02:05 PM
Good news everyone! My comp is back up and running and I should now be able to post on a regular basis again.

I'll try to have my next IC post up this evening.

I almost forgot that you gain 100xp for completing the skill challenge and an additional 50xp for investigating all the leads.

Rjanag
2013-01-01, 12:09 AM
Nice! Is that 150 apiece, or divided between us?

Hircine
2013-01-01, 01:18 AM
You each gain 150 experience points.

Rjanag
2013-01-01, 01:23 AM
Coolio. Glad to hear your computer's fixed. And by the way, happy new year, everyone!

Solinvitus
2013-01-01, 07:09 AM
Happy new year. : )

Irish Musician
2013-01-02, 09:40 AM
I am here once again, and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year.....etc etc :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-01-05, 02:15 PM
Are you all ready to depart?

Rjanag
2013-01-05, 05:27 PM
I am! :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-01-06, 09:26 AM
Yes indeed.....and can I just say, Hircine, that is an awful color for speaking text :smalltongue: It is just so pale I sometimes don't notice if there are words there unless black text surrounds them.

Hircine
2013-01-08, 01:51 AM
Yes indeed.....and can I just say, Hircine, that is an awful color for speaking text :smalltongue: It is just so pale I sometimes don't notice if there are words there unless black text surrounds them.

Sorry about that. I've now changed Anlow's speech color in all of his speech in past and present posts.

Irish Musician
2013-01-08, 09:51 AM
Sorry about that. I've now changed Anlow's speech color in all of his speech in past and present posts.

No prob, gotta try out different colors sometimes. And sometimes they work and sometimes they don't :smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2013-01-09, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the XP, Hircine. :smallcool:

And given what's happening, sometimes I wonder how stressful it is to be Lann. While the rest of his group runs rampant, I see him all calm and smiling while in the back of his mind, he's tearing at his hair and shouting "None of you are helping!".

Hehe, fun to be him...

Also, Celtic, he's a warlord. But given how there's little difference between bards and the bravura warlord, I can understand why Thornin would call him that. :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2013-01-10, 01:16 AM
Heh, it must be like herding cats...Lann is the only person in the party capable of acting civil.

Hircine
2013-01-10, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the XP, Hircine. :smallcool:

And given what's happening, sometimes I wonder how stressful it is to be Lann. While the rest of his group runs rampant, I see him all calm and smiling while in the back of his mind, he's tearing at his hair and shouting "None of you are helping!".

Hehe, fun to be him...

Also, Celtic, he's a warlord. But given how there's little difference between bards and the bravura warlord, I can understand why Thornin would call him that. :smallbiggrin:

Ah! Then you must be the Roy of this party! :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2013-01-10, 04:05 AM
I wonder if that makes me Elan...

Irish Musician
2013-01-10, 10:15 AM
Also, Celtic, he's a warlord. But given how there's little difference between bards and the bravura warlord, I can understand why Thornin would call him that. :smallbiggrin:
Oh, haha oops :smallredface: And yes, it is quite fun to play a character that just doesn't help diplomacy in the least :smallbiggrin:

Ah! Then you must be the Roy of this party! :smallbiggrin:
So....what does that make Thornin? A mix between Belkar and Durkon? :smallamused:

18th Avenger
2013-01-11, 05:34 AM
Thornin might be a tankier and surlier version of Belkar. Arakai is a good-aligned Thog, odd enough. Jess is definitely a less talkative V. Sen is a silent more focused Elan with a hint of Haley's professionalism.

At least that's what I think. :smallsmile:

Rolling them all here so as not to clutter up my post.

Perception DC 13

[roll0]


Perception DC 18

[roll1]


Insight DC 15

[roll2]


EDIT: Bleh, only passed the first roll.

18th Avenger
2013-01-11, 05:54 AM
My dislike of double-posting is rather evident at this stage, but I'm going to try something new...

Lann doesn't know what's up with the guard, but the too small uniform and unnecessarily hostile response has gotten his dander up. Ergo; I ROLL TO KICK THE FREAKIN' DOOR DOWN.

The Roll In Question, Throwing In My STR Modifier

[roll0]


If it fails, expect a post of him hopping back in pain and ordering Thornin and Arakai to try their luck.

Hircine
2013-01-11, 05:59 AM
My dislike of double-posting is rather evident at this stage, but I'm going to try something new...

Lann doesn't know what's up with the guard, but the too small uniform and unnecessarily hostile response has gotten his dander up. Ergo; I ROLL TO KICK THE FREAKIN' DOOR DOWN.

The Roll In Question, Throwing In My STR Modifier

[roll0]


If it fails, expect a post of him hopping back in pain and ordering Thornin and Arakai to try their luck.

LOVE IT!!! :smallcool:

18th Avenger
2013-01-11, 06:03 AM
LOVE IT!!! :smallcool:
Didn't botch the roll, but failed anyway. And I aimed below the door knob and everything, just like the firefighters do...

Ah, well. The door is tough and I posted my response. :smallbiggrin:

By the way, Pathfinder magical weapons are oddly finicky to make.

Hircine
2013-01-11, 06:19 AM
Didn't botch the roll, but failed anyway. And I aimed below the door knob and everything, just like the firefighters do...

Ah, well. The door is tough and I posted my response. :smallbiggrin:

By the way, Pathfinder magical weapons are oddly finicky to make.

I've posted a response as well. You're in a great deal of pain and you've managed to rile up the guard even more. :smallsmile:

Rjanag
2013-01-11, 12:09 PM
Sen's skill checks:

Perception:
Insight: [roll1]

And what the heck, she'll try to force the door too. I'll roll it up here and then write up the IC:

Strength check: [roll]1d20+4

Rjanag
2013-01-11, 12:26 PM
Well that didn't work. (I'm not sure if it's because my connection here is terrible and I had to refresh several times before it posted, or because you just can't edit a roll into an existing post.) Here we go again.


Strength check: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2013-01-11, 02:21 PM
The dice gods are not on our side for this door......:smallannoyed:

Hircine
2013-01-11, 02:38 PM
The dice gods are not on our side for this door......:smallannoyed:

It's definitely a more deadly foe than I ever imagined. Luckily for you after sifting through my books I found that you actually succeeded with you attack. The bad news is the door still has 8 HP. :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2013-01-11, 02:53 PM
It was going to be all badass when Sen pushed Lann out of the way and just smashed the door down without batting an eye. At least, that's what was supposed to happen...

Rjanag
2013-01-13, 01:23 AM
Does the house have any windows at ground level that are big enough to get through?

18th Avenger
2013-01-13, 04:49 AM
Hey, Hircine, are there people around?

I'd like to try and incite a mob by dint of creative application of the truth. :smallsmile:

If you agree, this is my roll to bluff;

[roll0]

Hircine
2013-01-14, 01:35 PM
Does the house have any windows at ground level that are big enough to get through?

There are a pair of windows on the first floor that are large for medium sized individuals to fit through.


Hey, Hircine, are there people around?

I'd like to try and incite a mob by dint of creative application of the truth. :smallsmile:

If you agree, this is my roll to bluff;

[roll0]


Public support isn't high for you I'm afraid, the few onlookers standing around are pretty scared that you're dangerous criminals.

Irish Musician
2013-01-14, 01:43 PM
Would it be ok for Thornin to try another axe swing?

18th Avenger
2013-01-14, 02:02 PM
Wait, let's pause the hostilities. Can we wait for Solly to respond? Arakai's strength would seriously be welcome. :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-01-14, 02:05 PM
Wait, let's pause the hostilities.
Did you just ask a dwarf to stop hitting things? :smalltongue:

Can we wait for Solly to respond? Arakai's strength would seriously be welcome. :smallbiggrin:
He hasn't been on in about 4 days now....should we wait? I don't know how long it will be until he gets back on.

Hircine
2013-01-14, 04:44 PM
Did you just ask a dwarf to stop hitting things? :smalltongue:

He hasn't been on in about 4 days now....should we wait? I don't know how long it will be until he gets back on.

I sent Solinvitus a PM, but in the mean time feel free to give it another swing.

Rjanag
2013-01-14, 06:04 PM
There are a pair of windows on the first floor that are large for medium sized individuals to fit through.

Hm... would it require any sort of check to get through, or just a move?

Hircine
2013-01-14, 11:00 PM
Hm... would it require any sort of check to get through, or just a move?

DC 8 Strength check to break the glass window. No move action required since you're not in combat yet.

18th Avenger
2013-01-15, 08:29 AM
@Hircine: Welp, my last roll was worse than usual. Any chance you can use my earlier roll on the OoC (raw result: 14, with bonus; 16) instead?

I sent Solly a PM too. Hope work's treating him okay.

Hircine
2013-01-15, 04:33 PM
Celtic, the door survives with one hit point! :smallfurious:

Rjanag
2013-01-16, 10:10 PM
For this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14542287&postcount=114), since we haven't rolled initiative yet I'm not sure if I can do attacks like that, but I rolled it up just in case...if I'm jumping the gun just let me know and I'll remove it!

This is my first time playing a striker with multiple attacks on the forum...boy, all that stuff sure makes a mess!

Hircine
2013-01-16, 10:48 PM
For this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14542287&postcount=114), since we haven't rolled initiative yet I'm not sure if I can do attacks like that, but I rolled it up just in case...if I'm jumping the gun just let me know and I'll remove it!

This is my first time playing a striker with multiple attacks on the forum...boy, all that stuff sure makes a mess!

A little too early for combat posts. and just to let you know the "guards" will wait until you breach the house.

Rjanag
2013-01-16, 10:53 PM
Ok cool; was just trying to get the jump on the one guy before his friends came downstairs ;)

I edited it so she's just going into the house; I'll wait to see what happens next.

Irish Musician
2013-01-17, 09:39 AM
Well......I obliterate the door :smallamused:

Rjanag
2013-01-17, 09:56 AM
Way to use up your critical now!:smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-01-17, 10:16 AM
Way to use up your critical now!:smallbiggrin:
Heh, maybe I do some damage to the (fake)soldier dude with flying door shrapnel :smalltongue:

Rjanag
2013-01-17, 10:32 AM
I'm just glad to see that door get what was coming to it after the trouble it gave us!

Rjanag
2013-01-18, 10:55 PM
So we are waiting on Solinvitus and onlie again?

Hircine
2013-01-19, 06:01 AM
So we are waiting on Solinvitus and onlie again?

Unfortunately it looks like we've lost Solinvitus. I'll be looking for an alternate over the weekend.

18th Avenger
2013-01-19, 06:12 AM
Unfortunately it looks like we've lost Solinvitus. I'll be looking for an alternate over the weekend.
So what happens to Arakai?

Rjanag
2013-01-19, 06:19 AM
So what happens to Arakai?

It looks like the last time he posted was when we were still with Faringray, can we just assume he's not with us now?

Hircine
2013-01-19, 09:24 PM
I've potentially found someone willing to fill our current vacancy. Hopefully we'll be able to get this combat started shortly. On the other hand I've been having a degree of difficulty getting the combat map done. Google spreadsheet isn't allowing me to copy my tokens anymore so I'm having to type out things by hand which is much slower.

Hircine
2013-01-23, 07:17 AM
I hope everyone is still here, I'm still waiting for one of the potential replacements to PM me a sheet.

Rjanag
2013-01-23, 07:27 AM
I'm still here, ready whenever you are! Are we getting one replacement or two?

Irish Musician
2013-01-23, 09:20 AM
I am definitely still around! :smallsmile:

18th Avenger
2013-01-23, 10:30 AM
Ready and willing. :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-01-25, 02:11 AM
If you'd all check the Spreadseet I've got the combat map up and ready. I had a post to go with it but it has disappeared and I'll have to do it over.

Onlie I still need you to resize your portrait so I can add it to the map.

Rjanag
2013-01-25, 05:38 AM
Nice! I'll keep my eyes peeled for the IC post--that's a shame that it got lost, those things are a huge pain to write up even once.

Irish Musician
2013-01-25, 09:23 AM
Am I missing something? :smalleek: I don't see the spreadsheet

Rjanag
2013-01-25, 09:32 AM
Am I missing something? :smalleek: I don't see the spreadsheet

It was linked a while back, not in this last post, here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArV_dKMpcV5adExSdEhUcGNZLWxUcHVCOFlmOFhOU mc#gid=4) it is (I had to pop back into the archives to find it). I just bookmarked it now; Hircine, I assume in the future we'll be using this same link for other encounters, too?

Irish Musician
2013-01-25, 09:59 AM
It was linked a while back, not in this last post, here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArV_dKMpcV5adExSdEhUcGNZLWxUcHVCOFlmOFhOU mc#gid=4) it is (I had to pop back into the archives to find it). I just bookmarked it now; Hircine, I assume in the future we'll be using this same link for other encounters, too?

Ah ty sir.

18th Avenger
2013-01-25, 09:21 PM
Sweet, fight's on. :smallbiggrin:

Also, who's our new guy? Is he on the site?

Hircine
2013-01-26, 07:18 PM
:smallfrown: More bad news. Apparently onlie will most likely be unable to continue. I'm once again looking for another replacement.

Rjanag
2013-01-26, 07:44 PM
That's a shame. Funny how the people who requested this campaign are the first to drop :smallconfused: but I guess these things happen. I've been enjoying it, looking forward to getting started again! Good luck on the recruiting.

Irish Musician
2013-01-26, 08:38 PM
Yeah, that sucks, but I am still here as well and will be until I am told otherwise :smallsmile:

18th Avenger
2013-01-27, 03:07 AM
Aww, there goes our Controller. :smallfrown:

Ah, well. I'm still here too and I can wait a little longer. :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2013-01-27, 08:48 PM
Does this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14604514&postcount=116) mean it's initiative? :smallbiggrin:

just in case, here's mine: [roll0]

18th Avenger
2013-01-28, 07:23 PM
Initiative
[roll0]
Wait, I though Hircine would roll up our Initiative?

Rjanag
2013-01-28, 07:40 PM
Wait, I though Hircine would roll up our Initiative?

Oh, you're right...I remember talking about that now.

Meltheim
2013-01-29, 07:43 PM
Hey there everyone. It looks like I will be joining you shortly as your friendly neighborhood Controller.

I'll be playing the part of Samel, a Human Invoker of Pelor.

Character Sheet (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjs9MoHDA)

Background
"Remember, my sons, that you will always find a home in the House of the Sun" words their father used to say to them before bed each night.

Samel and Salim. Two brothers, age 9 and 5. They grew up on a homestead about a day's walk outside of Fallcrest. They lived there with their mother and father, and spent most of their days helping out with chores around the house - mucking stalls, shepherding, feeding the chickens, running around and playing in the sun. Life was carefree and simple for the boys. That is, until the day the gnolls came.

Samel and Salim were playing in the barn one afternoon when they heard it - a yipping sound, not quite like a dog but not like anything else they'd ever heard before either. Samel peeked through the slats between the boarded walls and saw them - gnolls. About a dozen, with the flails of Yeenoghu (though he didn't know it at the time) on their chests. Samel remembered hearing stories from their father about his time fighting the gnolls, but that was in the old days, before he met mother. Salim tugged at his shirt, obviously scared. Samel remembered what their father had told them about finding a place to hide if anything ever happened. Samel bolted the door the barn and the brothers immediately scrambled up into the hayloft, pulling the ladder up behind them.

The gnolls yipped and barked as they came. The brothers heard their father yell and the clash of steel. They heard their motherís screams. Then they heard nothing. Hiding in the hayloft, the brothers cried and held to each other, each afraid of what they would find. Suddenly, the door to the barn rattled. Once. Twice. Then the flails crashed into the wood. Over and over they assaulted the door until it seemed they would break through in only a few seconds. The brothers were suddenly bathed in a warm, golden light. They felt a presence, though all they saw was brightness. The gnolls stopped attacking, barked a few orders, then left. Salim was the first to speak. He mentioned something to Samel about the House of the Sun, and maybe the Sun had come to save them?

The next morning the brothers gathered what they could. Salim grabbed their fatherís sword and his old tabard Ė a bright red sun on a white field Ė what they would later learn was the symbol of the Red Pilgrims Ė an ancient order of Nerathi defenders and reminder of their fatherís past. Samel grabbed his fatherís quarterstaff, a simple piece of wood that was a reminder of their familyís life on the homestead. Together the brothers made their way on foot to the Temple of Pelor, where they were accepted and raised within the Church.

Now in their 20ís, the brothers are setting out on their own, each spreading the word of Pelor in their own way, hoping to drive the darkness out of the Nentir Vale.

Portraithttp://i.imgur.com/hJRMag8.png

Rjanag
2013-01-29, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the crew! We really appreciate you jumping in at short notice :smallsmile:

18th Avenger
2013-01-29, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the crew, Meltheim! :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-01-29, 11:10 PM
Welcome sir!!! Just move them all around me and we will be good :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-01-29, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I told Hircine that I'd actually peeked in on this game a few times, so it's kind of fun to be asked to join. It's been a while since I've been a player though, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do.

Rjanag
2013-01-29, 11:17 PM
I'm sure Lann is going to like having Samel to talk to. Thornin and Sen aren't great conversationalists :smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2013-01-29, 11:27 PM
I'm sure Lann is going to like having Samel to talk to. Thornin and Sen aren't great conversationalists :smallbiggrin:
Sen's a great listener and Thornin has his moments, but Samel would be make a nice change. :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-01-29, 11:41 PM
Hehe, just wait until you meet Samel's brother.

Arthurian
2013-01-30, 06:39 AM
Hey all, sorry I took so long to get on here. I'm the original replacement. Life got hectic but it's all pretty calm now. I'll be playing Samel's younger brother Salim. I'll have a more detailed intro for him tomorrow when I wake up, probably some time in the afternoon and a more detailed background once I finish working it out with Meltman. He is an Avenger of Pelor.

Salim (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=502963)

Rjanag
2013-01-30, 06:42 AM
Welcome to the team!

Woohoo, we're back to a five-man band (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveManBand)!

18th Avenger
2013-01-30, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the team!

Woohoo, we're back to a five-man band (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FiveManBand)!
*dances around with Rjanag*

Arthurian
2013-01-30, 08:51 AM
Here is an image, a work in progress one, of Salim at the moment.

Pic (http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/Mark_Orapello/Salim1_zps21cb2b14.png)

Rjanag
2013-01-30, 09:11 AM
Here is an image, a work in progress one, of Salim at the moment.

Pic (http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/Mark_Orapello/Salim1_zps21cb2b14.png)

You drew that? Sweet!

I might have to "commission" my next character's portrait from you :smallwink:

Irish Musician
2013-01-30, 09:31 AM
Welcome Arthurian, glad you made it!! :smallbiggrin:

18th Avenger
2013-01-30, 10:05 AM
Welcome to our new party members! :elan:

Arthurian
2013-01-30, 06:01 PM
Here is a finished image of Salim. Most of you probably noticed a few details missing from the first one... like ears...

Salim (http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/Mark_Orapello/Salim_zps1ec61c5d.png)

And I wish I could still draw that well. No, I used the same program Meltman did to make his character, to make their appearances similar and etc. Heromachine. Handy tool once you realize heads do not include ears and that you can build a much better face on your own then relying on the pre built ones.

Meltheim
2013-01-30, 07:39 PM
Updated Background/origin story for Samel and Salim.

"Remember, my sons, that you will always find a home in the House of the Sun" words their father used to say to them before bed each night.

Samel and Salim. Two brothers, age 9 and 5. They grew up on a homestead about a day's walk outside of Fallcrest. They lived there with their mother and father, and spent most of their days helping out with chores around the house - mucking stalls, shepherding, feeding the chickens, running around and playing in the sun. Life was carefree and simple for the boys. That is, until the day the gnolls came.

Samel and Salim were playing in the barn one afternoon when they heard it - a yipping sound, not quite like a dog but not like anything else they'd ever heard before either. Samel peeked through the slats between the boarded walls and saw them - gnolls. About a dozen, with the flails of Yeenoghu (though he didn't know it at the time) on their chests. Samel remembered hearing stories from their father about his time fighting the gnolls, but that was in the old days, before he met mother. Salim tugged at his shirt, obviously scared. Samel remembered what their father had told them about finding a place to hide if anything ever happened. Samel bolted the door the barn and the brothers immediately scrambled up into the hayloft, pulling the ladder up behind them.

The gnolls yipped and barked as they came. The brothers heard their father yell and the clash of steel. They heard their motherís screams. Then they heard nothing. Hiding in the hayloft, the brothers cried and held to each other, each afraid of what they would find. Suddenly, the door to the barn rattled. Once. Twice. Then the flails crashed into the wood. Over and over they assaulted the door until it seemed they would break through in only a few seconds. The brothers were suddenly bathed in a warm, golden light. They felt a presence, though all they saw was brightness. The gnolls stopped attacking, barked a few orders, then left. Salim was the first to speak. He mentioned something to Samel about the House of the Sun, and maybe the Sun had come to save them?

The next morning the brothers gathered what they could. Salim grabbed their fatherís sword and his old tabard Ė a bright red sun on a white field Ė what they would later learn was the symbol of the Red Pilgrims Ė an ancient order of Nerathi defenders and reminder of their fatherís past. Samel grabbed his fatherís quarterstaff, a simple piece of wood that was a reminder of their familyís life on the homestead. Together the brothers made their way on foot to the Temple of Pelor, where they were accepted and raised within the Church.

Now in their 20ís, the brothers are setting out on their own, each spreading the word of Pelor in their own way, hoping to drive the darkness out of the Nentir Vale.

Hircine
2013-01-31, 07:12 PM
PC's Initiative:
Thornin [roll0]
Samel [roll1]
Salim [roll2]

Enemy Initiative:
HM [roll3]
HR1 [roll4]
HR2 [roll5]
ER1 [roll6]
ER2 [roll7]
ER3 [roll8]
ER4 [roll9]

Hircine
2013-01-31, 07:16 PM
I've finally gotten around to updating the combat sheet with our new arrivals. If you'd like to change your current position just say so. I'll have the first round of combat up in about an hour.

18th Avenger
2013-01-31, 08:41 PM
Lann is wading into the house. Let's get rollin'. :smallbiggrin:

Rjanag
2013-01-31, 08:44 PM
Drawing them out? Oops! :smallredface:

Irish Musician
2013-01-31, 09:05 PM
Yeah....Thornin doesn't exactly "draw people out", he more "goes and puts boots in places they should not be" :smallwink:

18th Avenger
2013-01-31, 09:17 PM
@ Celtic and Rjanag: That's perfectly fine. :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-02-01, 03:22 AM
Haha, I like that map Hircine, oh yes I do :)

To make your life easier, select the token, right click, and "Protect and Name Range" to designate a range (i.e. "samel") and then you just type "=samel" and bam, token appears.

Hircine
2013-02-01, 09:49 AM
Haha, I like that map Hircine, oh yes I do :)

To make your life easier, select the token, right click, and "Protect and Name Range" to designate a range (i.e. "samel") and then you just type "=samel" and bam, token appears.

Thank you, Meltheim. It'll be much easier moving things around now. :smallsmile:

Rjanag
2013-02-01, 10:00 AM
Whew, Thornin and I are lucky! I'd better not count on the baddies making too many more attack rolls like that :smalltongue:

And... hooray for minimum damage :smallfurious:

Rjanag
2013-02-01, 10:05 AM
By the way, is going through the window difficult terrain or anything like that? I just assumed Sen wouldn't be able to shift through it.

Hircine
2013-02-01, 11:44 AM
Why am I rolling so horribly!? :smallfurious:

Irish Musician
2013-02-01, 12:03 PM
Why am I rolling so horribly!? :smallfurious:

They haven't corrected for dwarf shortness :smallamused:

Rjanag
2013-02-04, 03:29 PM
Meltheim and Arthurian, do you guys know where the IC thread is? Just in case... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262304) :smallsmile:

Let's beat up some cultists!

Meltheim
2013-02-04, 03:40 PM
I do! I'm just waiting for Samel's turn.

But thanks for sharing. I'm trying to figure out how best to join the fight when my turn comes around.

Rjanag
2013-02-04, 03:44 PM
We might not even need you guys' help, so far it seems like Hircine's dice are on our side :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-02-04, 06:14 PM
We might not even need you guys' help, so far it seems like Hircine's dice are on our side :smallbiggrin:

Heh, yeah. Thornin might not even get a turn :smalltongue:

Rjanag
2013-02-04, 07:11 PM
Heh, yeah. Thornin might not even get a turn :smalltongue:

That's what the slowpoke gets for having stubby dwarf legs!

Meltheim
2013-02-04, 07:16 PM
I pinged Arthurian (he's in one of my games as well) about his turn.

Hircine
2013-02-06, 12:43 PM
We've been waiting for Arthurian a bit too long I'm afraid. I generally dislike taking a PC's actions so would one of you be willing to take his move.

Also if he doesn't return fairly soon I'll have bring in another replacement.

Rjanag
2013-02-06, 01:08 PM
I'm happy to take it to get things moving, but maybe I'll wait a couple hours first to see if Meltheim comes online and wants to do it... since they're brothers :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-02-06, 01:55 PM
I will take Salim's move. Let me just read over his sheet and figure out what he does.

18th Avenger
2013-02-06, 01:58 PM
Thanks, Meltheim. :smallsmile:

Meltheim
2013-02-06, 09:09 PM
OK, sorry for the delay. How about Salim drops in initiative until after Salem? Is that ok Hircine? Arthurian's got the character sheet up in Myth-weavers which means it's not as fleshed out as one on Orokos or iPlay4e so I'd only be able to guess at the actual bonuses.

I know that I want Salim to move over a few squares to the left and fire a Radiant Vengeance on the baddie that's right in the doorway, but that's all I can tell you right now. I think it's a +5 to hit vs Reflex and d8+4 radiant damage, but again, I'm guessing based on what Arthurian but in his character sheet.

Hircine
2013-02-06, 10:10 PM
OK, sorry for the delay. How about Salim drops in initiative until after Salem? Is that ok Hircine? Arthurian's got the character sheet up in Myth-weavers which means it's not as fleshed out as one on Orokos or iPlay4e so I'd only be able to guess at the actual bonuses.

I know that I want Salim to move over a few squares to the left and fire a Radiant Vengeance on the baddie that's right in the doorway, but that's all I can tell you right now. I think it's a +5 to hit vs Reflex and d8+4 radiant damage, but again, I'm guessing based on what Arthurian but in his character sheet.

That's fine.

Rjanag
2013-02-06, 10:13 PM
OK, sorry for the delay.

In both senses of the word :smallbiggrin:

j/k! Thanks for stepping up to speed things along!

Meltheim
2013-02-07, 02:44 AM
OK, figured out the sheet and posted Salim's attack on HM. I also picked Samel's speech color as DarkOrange, for what it's worth.

Hopefully Arthurian will come around soon. He's in 2 of my other games so ... kind of hope he didn't go missing.

Irish Musician
2013-02-07, 09:30 AM
Maybe he just got busy for a couple of days for some reason. Life tends to get in the way sometimes :smallwink:

Meltheim
2013-02-07, 11:56 AM
Oh 18th - that was actually Salim's turn, not Samel's turn.

Hircine
2013-02-07, 07:42 PM
18th your turn doesn't come until after ER3.

18th Avenger
2013-02-07, 08:58 PM
Ah! Oops. Thought it was mine after the brothers... :smallredface:

Hircine
2013-02-08, 02:34 AM
Ah! Oops. Thought it was mine after the brothers... :smallredface:

Can you specify who you'll be giving the bonus to. Also just noticed that you will need to move closer in order to attack.

Irish Musician
2013-02-08, 03:16 AM
Hey Hircine, is there any way you could link the map for us in your sig?
Nevermind, saw it in the IC post.

Also, we don't get extra damage for crit-ing with mundane weapons, do we? I just hope that the culist's AC is lower than 23 :smallamused:

18th Avenger
2013-02-08, 06:03 AM
Can you specify who you'll be giving the bonus to. Also just noticed that you will need to move closer in order to attack.
I did. Before my last post, I said that Lann was moving into the house after Thornin. So I'm moving to point G, 10 as it's adjacent to the Human Mercenary.

As for the bonus, conferring it to Thornin. :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-02-08, 12:04 PM
Hah Celtic! You both critted and soft critted. I love it.

Rjanag
2013-02-08, 12:14 PM
Ha! Aren't you glad you critted so you could get that max damage that you wouldn't otherwise.... oh wait.

Meltheim
2013-02-08, 12:21 PM
So ... can Samel attack E1 and E2 through that doorway? I think I have line of sight, but there's definitely cover issues.

edit: at least Hand of Radiance can do up to 3 targets so at least 1 of them hits! Ugh.

Hircine
2013-02-08, 02:52 PM
So ... can Samel attack E1 and E2 through that doorway? I think I have line of sight, but there's definitely cover issues.

edit: at least Hand of Radiance can do up to 3 targets so at least 1 of them hits! Ugh.

You wouldn't have line of sight from there. You'd need to get to a window to get a view of the cultists. I've moved you to a more appropriate location if that's okay and left the rest of your turn alone.

Meltheim
2013-02-08, 03:27 PM
Whatever works! I'm posting this from my phone so pinch+zoom on google docs was a bit rough :smallbiggrin:

edit: I edited my turn with the proper movement, and threw in a minor action to break the window with my staff (I didn't remember if it was already broken or not)

Rjanag
2013-02-08, 03:51 PM
Sen already broke the window on the right...it was asking for it!

Meltheim
2013-02-09, 12:59 AM
Hircine, anything from my religion check?

Hircine
2013-02-09, 01:14 AM
Hircine, anything from my religion check?

Sorry Melthiem, I'll have it in my next post if you can hold on for a couple of minutes. I knew I forgot about something. :smallannoyed:

Hircine
2013-02-09, 01:17 AM
just to let everyone know I changed the spreadsheet so it can now be edited by everyone. A major mistake on my part which I apologize for.

Rjanag
2013-02-09, 02:14 AM
Sounds good!

Did HR1 move to H9 on her turn? Or did she attack Sen from back where she was?

Hircine
2013-02-09, 03:07 AM
Sounds good!

Did HR1 move to H9 on her turn? Or did she attack Sen from back where she was?

It didn't have to move at all since HR1's attack came before HM.

Meltheim
2013-02-09, 05:22 AM
Sorry Melthiem, I'll have it in my next post if you can hold on for a couple of minutes. I knew I forgot about something. :smallannoyed:

Hey, don't worry about it. Besides, who ever does knowledge checks anymore?

18th Avenger
2013-02-09, 11:07 AM
If it helps some, I found these (http://www.kassoon.com/dnd/crib-sheet/). :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2013-02-09, 11:08 AM
Hey, don't worry about it. Besides, who ever does knowledge checks anymore?

My group I am DMing on here......they do knowledge checks out the wazoo :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: I also forgot that the Human Merc is at a -2 to attacks when I am not included due to my mark, dang it :smallannoyed: Forgot about that. Have to get used to being a fighter again :smalltongue:

Hircine
2013-02-12, 08:04 PM
Melthiem, I still for you to take turns for both Salim and Samel so I can wrap up this round.

Meltheim
2013-02-13, 02:44 AM
Sorry, forums were down last time I tried to go. Doing stuff now.

Meltheim
2013-02-14, 04:47 PM
So, I can't speak for Arthurian, but I haven't seen him online in over a week. There's a chance he's just disappeared again.

I suggest that you guys look for a new striker. I would be happy to narrate Salim's exit and incorporate it into Samel's backstory even.

Hircine
2013-02-15, 02:55 AM
So, I can't speak for Arthurian, but I haven't seen him online in over a week. There's a chance he's just disappeared again.

I suggest that you guys look for a new striker. I would be happy to narrate Salim's exit and incorporate it into Samel's backstory even.

Thanks Meltheim! though I am sad to lose Arthurian as he is an excellent RPer and I was looking forward to interactions between your characters. I will probably post something on the recruitment board later today.

DM Roll:
[roll0]

Meltheim
2013-02-15, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I hope he comes back! He's a great RPer and he's in 2 of the games I run.

Hircine
2013-02-15, 03:16 AM
New turn is finally done and boy did I finally get a whopper! :smallamused: *Inset Evil DM Laughter*

Meltheim
2013-02-16, 11:31 PM
What kind of action would it be to move through the window? Just difficult terrain for that square, or Move+Minor, or what? Salim wants to get in and use that sword of his.

Rjanag
2013-02-16, 11:45 PM
What kind of action would it be to move through the window? Just difficult terrain for that square, or Move+Minor, or what? Salim wants to get in and use that sword of his.

I was wondering the same thing...except that what Sen wants is to get the heck out of there ;)

Irish Musician
2013-02-16, 11:53 PM
Did Thornin get to move one square from Lann?

18th Avenger
2013-02-17, 07:18 AM
Did Thornin get to move one square from Lann?

I was wondering about that m'self, Hircine.

Also, shouldn't Rjanag take a surge and roll an additional 1d6? Also, how exactly does Bravura Presence and action points work?

Rjanag
2013-02-17, 08:10 AM
Also, shouldn't Rjanag take a surge and roll an additional 1d6?
Oops, sorry, I forgot to do that. Here it is: [roll0] (puts Sen up to 27 HP)



Also, how exactly does Bravura Presence and action points work?
From the compendium: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

18th Avenger
2013-02-17, 09:32 AM
Okay, I got that.

So when does one use action points? :smallbiggrin:

Hircine
2013-02-17, 10:57 AM
18th you hit HR2 but I need you to specify where you will push the target.

18th Avenger
2013-02-17, 11:01 AM
18th you hit HR2 but I need you to specify where you will push the target.
Sweet! Pushing the target to G, 8.

All your's, Celtic. :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2013-02-19, 01:42 PM
Can I get a ruling on the action(s) needed to move through a broken window?

Hircine
2013-02-19, 03:40 PM
Can I get a ruling on the action(s) needed to move through a broken window?

The window is difficult terrain, requiring to squares of movement to get through.

Meltheim
2013-02-19, 03:46 PM
Great! Salim and Samel moves incoming!

Meltheim
2013-02-19, 04:16 PM
OK I did turns + Action Points for Salim and Samel. If my targets were killed then just move down the line to the next target indicated :)