PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Charging Hurler

VeGaS1986
2012-11-21, 07:21 PM
Looking at the wording of this feat it looks like it basically lets you take a double move and make an attack roll with a thrown weapon as long as you end closer to, and within 30 feet. Am I right in thinking this means I dont have to move in a straight line? This seems pretty powerful to me as an Alchemist...assuming its correct ofc.

Could if fx start a "charge" 40 feet away from a guy, then move around him in a large circle, ending 30 feet away from him on the opposite of where I started?

Seems like Shot on the run on steroids if this is the case.

Thats for your imput.

Deathkeeper
2012-11-21, 09:14 PM
Just had this come up in a pbp campaign. Charging in Pathfinder only requires that you charge "directly at the target." So if your target is exactly 8 squares in front of you, yes, you have to go in a straight line, but if he's 6 squares in front and 2 to the left, as long as you're heading right for him it counts as a charge.
Still, you can't move in any fashion with a charge if it doesn't bring you closer to the target. So what you're suggesting wouldn't work; you can't walk around someone while charging right at him.