PDA

View Full Version : Lizardfolk Knight help

Blackhawk748
2012-11-21, 09:52 PM
im playing a Lizardfolk Knight hes ECL 2 right now (my DM was nice enough to forgo the racial hit dice) and i need some help for good knight builds as this is the first one ive played. He looks kinda like this

Str: 16
Dex: 14
Con:16
Int: 13
Wis: 10
Cha: 12

Feats Combat Expertise and Imp. Trip

Im just looking for tips on making a knight that doesn't suck, not really looking to optimize.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-21, 09:56 PM
He still has LA +1, Which leaves only 1 level to do anything..
I would suggest Fighter, And then Once you gain a 2nd one, Ranger.
3rd feat: Wild Cohort.
That is all now.

Blackhawk748
2012-11-21, 10:33 PM
well we are playing with Lvl adj buy off so i can get rid of it, and im a little confused as to why i want a sweet pet?

IdleMuse
2012-11-21, 11:13 PM
well we are playing with Lvl adj buy off so i can get rid of it, and im a little confused as to why i want a sweet pet?

Most Knights ride Horses?

In general, it's quite hard to give advice on how not to suck without knowing any kind of strategies or fluff you're working with.

That said, I'm guessing as a Lizardfolk knight you want to be dishing it out in melee, so I'll link you here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127026) which is a great compendium on how to be generally effective in melee.

nedz
2012-11-21, 11:31 PM
Is this 3.5 or Pf ?
If its 3.5 you would take the Ranger first or screw up your skill points.

Did you mean the Knight class, or a generic Knight ?
The Knight class is pretty much a single class build, though there is a handbook for it somewhere.

What sort of Lizardfolk ?
The Core one ?

There is also the Poison Dusk version from MM3
+2 Dex, +2 Con, –2 Cha, Favoured class Range and size small. LA +1
This can make for an interesting mounted character.

There is also the Blackscale version from MM3, but that's large and LA+3

Blackhawk748
2012-11-22, 12:28 AM
3.5 Knight as in PHB2 class and yes core Lizardfolk, so far i have been tripping things and hitting them while their down and then retripping them when they try to get back up

Gwendol
2012-11-22, 06:58 AM
Stick with knight at least until you get Bulwark of Defence. You will want to use a reach weapon (spiked chain) and you want to get combat reflexes ASAP.

You can't re-trip a prone character: they are already on the ground. Just smack them good instead.

Provided you stick with knight, for the time being, you will want:
Combat reflexes, power attack, (cleave)

Then there are a slew of feats that you may or may not want to take depending on how you want to develop: mage slayer denies spell casters defensive casting, and thus trigger AoO's when casting in your threatened zone, wild cohort for a tougher mount, ability focus for somewhat better test of mettle DC, robilar's gambit and defensive sweep for even more AoO's.

Also, you will want to get Large from time to time.

nedz
2012-11-22, 03:28 PM
Also, you will want to get Large from time to time.

Dip Sorcerer 1 for Enlarge Person to get large
Dip Sorcerer 4 for Alterself (Blackscale Lizardfolk) to get Huge (With Enlarge Person)

Now you could use Wizard, but your Cha is likely quite high.

Actually, with just 1 level you could use a Wand of Alterself — which is probably the best method, unless you are in a low wealth/low magic game.

Heilmut Von L.
2012-11-22, 06:01 PM
There is also the Blackscale version from MM3, but that's large and LA+3

Can you tell the stat adjustments and other rules to play BS Lizardfolk as a character?

nedz
2012-11-22, 06:40 PM
Well it looks like Str +8 Con +4 Int -2 Cha -4 and large.
Oh and there are some skill bonuses also.
All for 4 RHD +3 LA

Gwendol
2012-11-23, 04:38 AM
It's cheaper to be medium and grow when needed. I like the Tren myself (available online through WoTC).

nedz
2012-11-23, 05:43 AM
It's cheaper to be medium and grow when needed. I like the Tren myself (available online through WoTC).

Do you have a link ?

Gwendol
2012-11-23, 08:25 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040613a&page=4

Check out the NA.

nedz
2012-11-23, 10:29 AM
Cool, thanks. I might just be using that.:smallcool: