PDA

View Full Version : Muli attack and Changeling warshapper needed

ohil
2012-11-22, 04:32 PM
So My DM finally has gotten in to Eberon so I'm playing a 4th level figher level 1 warshaper. I am a changeling (he has allowed it so now worreis on if they work for the class or not)

28 point buy

For warshapper I'm going with 5 attack
2 claw
1 tail
1 gore
1 bite

So I want multi attack and Improved multi attack. My Dm had a good question do I qualify for it with my feat for 1st and 3rd level as a changeling or do I have to wait till I level up with warshapper? Does anyone know and can you explain :) thanks.

Also I'm undecided for my 4 other feats (3 fighter 1 flaw) sugestions would be helpful. I was thinking Power attack chain For greater cleave but would like some suggestions. or 6 feats if no multi attack yet

ohil
2012-11-24, 11:21 AM
Well my fm said no multi attack till level 6 once I have wastebasket levels. Any ideas for me I have 6 fears 3 fighter 3 open.

kestrel404
2012-11-24, 03:24 PM
First, you may want to fix the spelling in your post's header. I looked at this thread because I was curious what 'nedding' was.

Second, I'd need more detail before giving advice - I can't even recommend power attack because I don't know what your strength score is. What are your character's stats. Aside from 'natural attacks', what kind of combat style are you looking for? Would you be willing to swap out figher levels for some other class? (Hint: Barbarian 2/Fighter 2/Warshaper 1 is pretty much guaranteed to be better at whatever you want to do)

How do you have 3 general feats at level 5? Do you have a flaw?

More details, please.

Xervous
2012-11-24, 03:35 PM
The question that should be answered before any, and I mean ANY combat feats are considered is as follows...

What is your DM's interpretation of Warshaper? How many natural weapons are you allowed to grow?

ohil
2012-11-24, 04:07 PM
sorry typing from my phone most of the time

28 point build

1. I have 5 natrual weapons.
2 claws
1 bite
1 tail
1 horns

He's fine with this and I enjoy it.

2. I am willing to change my fighter leves as long as it has a +1 bab build. I want to start the game as warshapper. 5 levels and I'm open for the first four.

3. Feats: Yes I have flaw plus 2 feats, then fighter feats.

4. He is a big tripper, ideas to help me stand against this would be a good idea.

5. Equpiment: Armor's magic equipment, equipment

Starting gold 5th level character.

No dragon magazine.

Xervous
2012-11-24, 04:44 PM
barbarian 2 / fighter 2
and/or throw in warblade somewhere along the line, where exactly depends on whether your DM believes that a 1 level dip of martial adept can get maneuvers greater than level 1 if they qualify. Also, if you DM allows you to retrain maneuvers later on to ones that you qualify for then due to increased initiator level (rare, but I've seen some DMs do it) then nab it early and don't regret it.
The second level of warblade also grants uncanny dodge, if you really want it and don't end up having 2 levels of barbarian in there...

The main reason you're going into barbarian is for the lion totem ACF, to get pounce so you can make a juicy full attack on a charge.

Unfortunately, you're headed towards some MAD if you want to be a formidable tripper and still make good use of your HULK SMASH nature. You are going to need STR to qualify for power attack to dish out smack with yo natural attack-s. You'll want generous amounts of DEX to get more trip attempts through Combat Reflexes, it will give you some AC which is nice for melee, but its not helping your attack roll at all because you can't finesse natural weapons, and tripping is usually done best with a chain, which takes another feat slot. CON also needs a decent score, obviously. This may cause some problems for you with a 28 point buy.

ohil
2012-11-24, 06:20 PM
barbarian 2 / fighter 2
and/or throw in warblade somewhere along the line, where exactly depends on whether your DM believes that a 1 level dip of martial adept can get maneuvers greater than level 1 if they qualify. Also, if you DM allows you to retrain maneuvers later on to ones that you qualify for then due to increased initiator level (rare, but I've seen some DMs do it) then nab it early and don't regret it.

Unfortunately, you're headed towards some MAD if you want to be a formidable tripper and still make good use of your HULK SMASH nature. You are going to need STR to qualify for power attack to dish out smack with yo natural attack-s. You'll want generous amounts of DEX to get more trip attempts through Combat Reflexes, it will give you some AC which is nice for melee, but its not helping your attack roll at all because you can't finesse natural weapons, and tripping is usually done best with a chain, which takes another feat slot. CON also needs a decent score, obviously. This may cause some problems for you with a 28 point buy.

My dm wont let retraining unless I can find a written thing for it such as a feat. So forget it.

As for tripping I'm not looking to be a tripper mostly stop a tripper who I know I will have to fight. When he was suggesting ideas to me he made it very clear that spiked chain trippers were very common, so I would have no problem doing it. (hint hint I will have to fight them so anyway to stop them or help prevent tripping would be a good idea.)

Dm just sent out email have to get anything non core or complete approved but that's not a big thing, flavor and as long as it makes sense it'll be fine. so I'm not sure about the barbarian totem.

Stats what I was thinking with original build. Will probably move dex up though with barbarian. what do you thing suggestions?
17 str (+1 level 4) so 18
12 dex
14 con
10 int
8 wis
8 cha
that gives me 3 points to move around for feats, or to move up dex.

Xervous
2012-11-24, 10:11 PM
The barbarian totem is in complete champion, unlike other totems that appear in unearthed arcana.

- Try a reach weapon, one hit is better than none.

Depending on how much damage the chain tripper can deal, if its on the low end, you can try to sunder his weapon, eating up his AoOs and possibly destroying the silly weapon.

make that 17 str an 18 before level up bonus, there aren't many ability score requirements for feats that you don't already meet.

ohil
2012-11-25, 01:40 AM
Here is what I am thinking 2 level barbarian 2 fighter 1 warshapper

What do you all think and it was no go for totem, but I stuck with barbarian for the extra speed, and uncanny dodge, plus flavor but not married to anything yet would like your opinions.

Feat
Combat reflexes
Improved trip
curling wave strike
Knock-Down
Extra rage

Stat:

Str: 18
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Int: 13
Will: 8