PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Alchemist number of Bombs per day and temporary Intelligence increases?

VeGaS1986
2012-11-22, 05:10 PM
Basically im wondering if temporary increases to your intelligence increase your max number of bombs per day while they are active. My personal thought would be no, but I seem to recall alot of people talking about gaining more Turn Undead uses in 3.5 (for all that Persistent metamagic shenanigans) using charisma boosts.

Is there some kind of general rule on uses per day abilities tied to stat scores? Are all those people abusing Divine Metamagic doing it wrong?

Thanks for your input

legomaster00156
2012-11-22, 05:49 PM
No, I don't think it will work that way with abilities limited by times/day, just like it won't affect spells/day.

Jeff the Green
2012-11-23, 12:33 AM
It depends on how you get your temporary increase. Fox's cunning and its ilk specifically don't increase spells per day, for instance, but a Headband of Intellect does.

With abilities like bombs and turning, both spells and items increase uses per day. You have to keep track of the number of bombs/turn attempts, not number remaining, though.

So, for example, a 1st level alchemist with an intelligence of 18 can make five bombs per day. If he uses all five, he can't use them any more. If he then has fox's cunning cast on him, he gains two uses, but they must be expended while he's under the spell's effect. Now say he uses those two, and the spell wears off. He can't have fox's cunning cast on him and then use another bomb, because he's still used seven, which is his new max.

It doesn't work the other way around, though. Say the same alchemist has used four bombs today, and therefor has one remaining. Now he has fox's cunning cast on him, and his bombs/day increases to seven. He uses one, and the encounter ends. The next encounter of the day happens a couple hours later, so fox's cunning has worn off. He can't use another bomb because he's used five, which is his max. He could have fox's cunning cast again to get an additional two uses, though.