PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Lost Kingdoms in Adventure Paths

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-22, 09:21 PM
I just bought Lost Kingdoms and have fallen in love with it, particularly with the empires of Lirgen and Sarkoris. I'd like to make characters with ties to these ancient dominions, but no real idea what APs they'd fit in from a literary standpoint. I have this grand vision of a young mercenary from Gundrun that travels to Brevoy and utilizes the power granted by the charter to found a New Sarkoris, aimed at allying with Mendev and taking the old homeland back, almost like a Kellid King Arthur, but I feel such a character background and goal would conflict with the kind of story Kingmaker is trying to tell. And none of the APs seem to focus on areas of the Abendego Gulf. Skull and Shackles and Serpent's Skull have some strong connections to Ghol-Gan, but I don't think they ever come near the ruins of Lirgen and Yamasa. As for Thassilon, it's got an entire set of APs dedicated to it, so honestly any character in RotRL, CotCT, SD or SS messages just fine. Any advice? Criticisms?

grarrrg
2012-11-22, 09:43 PM
I just like to put the pointy end of the metal thing into the bad guys.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-23, 08:36 PM
I just like to put the pointy end of the metal thing into the bad guys.

And I like that too. I just like the stabbyness to flow well with what the writers gave us...

Murg
2012-11-23, 08:47 PM
I am no expert on Golarion, but if your goal to is retake/refound Sarkoris from the demons of the Worldwound, Paizo recently announced they are going to make an AP in which the heroes go to directly confront the Worldwound. I believe Mendev and Sarkoris will feature heavily.

The AP will be called "Wrath of the Righteous" but it won't be out until late 2013 (I think).

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-11-23, 09:12 PM
Oh my gosh, really?! I thought that was just a misreading of the upcoming Chronicles of the Righteous book, which details the good outsiders, especially the Empyreal Lords. I must buy this! Take my money, Paizo! TAKE MY FRIGGIN' MONAY!!! :smallbiggrin: