PDA

View Full Version : Detailed premade world?

qazzquimby
2012-11-22, 10:45 PM
I imagine something like this already exists and I'm a fool to not know of it. I'm hopefully running a sandbox campaign soon, and seeing as the characters have utter freedom to go wherever they want, I want to be prepared for the most situations possible. What would really help is a detailed map of the region, including detailed submaps of the cities and enough happening for a campaign to run itself. The more expansive the better and I'd love if it could reach into multiple planes.
I can improvise fine myself, but nothing beats having the maps already drawn for you, the npcs already plotted out.

Kalmarvho
2012-11-22, 10:48 PM
If this is D&D, Faerun is pretty detailed, and people constantly complain about all the big-name NPCs running around.

Alaris
2012-11-22, 11:58 PM
Well, for 3.5, you have several choices.

-Faerun/Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
-Eberron Campaign Setting
-Greyhawk Campaign Setting (only heard of this briefly)

I imagine a few others float around, each with it's own pros and cons. But I recommend taking a look at those. They're fairly well fleshed out.

qazzquimby
2012-11-23, 12:13 AM
I actually knew of those, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Each of those come with complex background setting and a lot that has to be understood to use the locals. Important characters or concepts that are part of the setting. I'd rather keep the world my own and add in only the blank spaces of the map. What would be perfect actually is an online map with the locations linking to descriptions and perhaps customization. I can dream.

Alaris
2012-11-23, 12:31 AM
I actually knew of those, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Each of those come with complex background setting and a lot that has to be understood to use the locals. Important characters or concepts that are part of the setting. I'd rather keep the world my own and add in only the blank spaces of the map. What would be perfect actually is an online map with the locations linking to descriptions and perhaps customization. I can dream.

Best I can recommend is taking from one of these worlds, and modify as you see fit. Take the world map for Faerun, Eberron or the like, and modify it to fit 'your world.'

qazzquimby
2012-11-23, 12:43 AM
Alright, thank you for the help.