PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] Nexus Scouts!

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-23, 04:25 AM
The Nexus is a strange place to live. For all the wonders it holds, all the grand, majestic sights and little intrigues to be found, so to is there danger, lurking in every shadow. It's the great heroes and villains who most prosper here, those with with the skill, cunning and plain good luck to not only seize the day, but also to survive doing so.

But these men and women of adventure weren't simply born great, nor were they handed greatness. Not most some of the time, anyway. No, they worked hard to get were they are, as will anyone seeking to follow in their footsteps. So, if a life of action, adventure and derring-do is what you're after, why not start young and join the NEXUS SCOUTS, the premiere organization for Junior Adventurers?

Founded and funded by wealthy ex-heroes, the Nexus Scouts exists to teach plucky young lads and lasses how to be the very best they can, to be resourceful, self-sufficient and courageous! Sign up today!

========

Or so the brochure says.

Camp Quixote sits at the edge of a large saltwater lake, a fragment pulled into the Nexus from some far-away ocean, surrounded on the other three sides by an ancient forest of towering redwoods. Through these wilds wind a dozen or more trails, ranging from the gravel drive that serves as the camp's main entrance, to mere footpaths of trampled-down grass.

The camp itself is composed of eleven cabins, each bearing striking similarity to a hunting lodge, with the first ten arranged in a wide circle around the eleventh. A running track bands the outer edge, conveniently marking the precise boundaries between the camp and the forest in the process, while the inner grounds host everything from stables to a modern paintball field, although building past the core cabins tend to appear and disappear as they see fit.

Today, the camp's been spruced up a little. The cabins have been hit with a first class cleaning to sweep away the cobwebs and push the dust beneath the ancient dire bearskin rugs, the grass mowed down to a somewhat manageable level. Between the two cabins facing the main drive, someone's taken the time to hang a brightly colored paper banner, reading;

Welcome Junior Adventurers!

OrchestraHc
2012-11-23, 08:38 PM
The car ride was tiring, which was good. Timmy's powers turned off when he was asleep. Probabably by some scientific virtue of not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Maybe he could spend the whole time sleeping, wake up, and then go home.

He'd never accuse his parents of taking him here for impure reasons, but he can't help but think it'll be a relief for them not to worry about a psychic time bomb. It had been over two months since his last outburst, so he had thought they were optimistic about the future, but maybe they've just been apprehensive this whole time.

"We'll be back to pick you up soon, I promise."

"Okay, mom."

"Try to have fun, Timmy. By the time you next see us, you'll be begging to stay."

"Right, dad."

"We love you."

"I love you too," Timmy said, tightly hugging his parents. His mother and father returned to the car, and Timmy was left just outside of Camp Quixote feeling lonely.

Morcleon
2012-11-23, 10:49 PM
Floating lazily along the road, Cerise sighs and caresses the glass glass in her ghostly hand. It had been so long since her death, when she had been able to grasp at the material world. This cup had become a very important keepsake of hers, despite the fact that she had only received it the other day. It was the only material item she owned that she could actually feel.

Several minutes later, as she approaches Camp Quixote, Cerise reluctantly stops her fondling of the cup and fades into the ethereal, placing it almost reverently in her box o' stuff. Fading back, she is just in time to see a car drive away, revealing in its wake a brown haired boy, barely older than herself.

She floats over hesitantly and, a faint smile on her face, introduces herself in a soft voice. "Hi there. My name is Cerise. Cerise Mendar. What's yours?"

OrchestraHc
2012-11-23, 11:50 PM
Timmy sees the girl float up to him. It's interesting, but only a little bit surprising. Timmy can fly. Well, he can carry himself at the very least. It's a terrifying experience when you don't trust yourself. He shrinks back a little as she gets close, adjusting his coat as he answers her. "Cerise Mendar," he repeats for his own memory. "I'm Timmy Saunders. Are you here for the camp?" He didn't see any other cars, not that the floating girl would need one, but Timmy missing something is nothing new.

Morcleon
2012-11-24, 12:07 AM
Cerise smiles at him, but then looks away in slight embarrassment as he edges away. "It's nice to meet you, Timmy. I'm sorry if I frightened you..."

She blushes a little, and then answers his question, "Yes, I figured it would be good to expand my rather, ah, limited skill set."

OrchestraHc
2012-11-24, 02:18 AM
"I'm not scared I just have a big... bubble." Timmy has personal space issues. Specifically, he needs a lot of it. "New skill is nice, I guess. I just want to make it through without an accident."

Morcleon
2012-11-24, 01:55 PM
"Oh, okay..." Cerise backs away a little. She glances at him curiously and sighs. "Yeah, I'd like to learn how to do stuff beyond assassination... Wait, what sort of accident?"

OrchestraHc
2012-11-24, 02:42 PM
"I have powers, but sometimes I lose control and hurt myself." And sometimes others, but mostly himself. That's really throwing it out there for him, but Cerise has a powers too, so maybe she can relate. "But how are you an assassain? You can't be much older than me."

Morcleon
2012-11-24, 03:23 PM
"Ah, so it's control you need. They should probably be able to help you with that here," murmurs Cerise, with an encouraging smile.

Then the smile turns wistful as she continues, "After I died, the first thing I did was to kill my murderer. I found it was rather enjoyable to kill those who deserved it, so I just kept doing it. I'm probably a lot older than you, but I wouldn't know. Time flows differently for me now..."

Earl of Purple
2012-11-24, 04:00 PM
Entrance

There's a loud 'BANG!' coming from an area near the entrance. Should anybody turn to look, they'll see a round hole in the air leading to an isolated country road surrounded by fields and hedgerows as a small two-seat car drives through it. The car is painted purple, and has a logo on the doors for an extradimensional cross-planar import/export business.

The car will stop when it arrives at the camp and a passenger gets out of the left side of the car and walk over to join the others awaiting a scoutmaster or something. The car will then turn around and drive back, green lightning bolts collecting on a device attached to the vehicle's rear before covering the car and shooting forwards with a similarly loud bang, generating another portal to the same place as before.

The passenger is a young girl, with long black hair cascading down her back, green eyes and a pretty smile. She seems to be twelve or maybe eleven, and she's wearing a pair of jeans, a green hoody and a red rucksack.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-24, 05:29 PM
On second glance, it's fairly obvious that she's a ghost. Floating, pale. But she seems to be a really nice ghost. "I'm sorry you died," he says, feeling fairly foolish. "I can understand you going after your murderer, but shouldnt you have... passed on after getting him rather than keep kill-"

BANG

Shocked by the boom, Timmy drops his sentence and puts his hand on head and shuts his eyes. Hold it in! Hold it in! Please stay in! The second boom doesn't help much. To the girls, it just looks like him grabbing his head and shaking for a bit. When he does calm down, sure he still has a grip, he looks up to see a new girl and shrinks back, embarassed.

Morcleon
2012-11-24, 05:59 PM
Cerise smiles gently and opens her mouth to answe-

BANG!

In an instant, an iridescent, immaterial turquoise sword of flowing light appears in her hand, pointed directly at the loud noise. Her expression has changed as well. No longer kind and shy, her eyes are that of an experienced soldier and tactician.

A few seconds later, she realizes that the sound is in fact, not hostile, and sheepishly lets the blade fade into nothingness. Giving Timmy a worried glance, Cerise waves shyly at the new girl. "Hello there... Um, are you here for the camp too...?"

Earl of Purple
2012-11-24, 06:14 PM
Entrance

"Yes. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you, but I live off-world, and reality borers are loud. My name's Natalie, what's yours?" Natalie also has extranormal abilities. Last Thanksmas she received a book of magic tricks, some of which are really magic, and she is also a latent shapeshifter, able to store other shapes and change into them but unable to gain new ones without external intervention.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-24, 06:28 PM
"I'm Timmy," he mutters, still embarrassed. "It's fine. Are you...looking forward to the camp?" Timmy asks, trying to be conversational.

Morcleon
2012-11-24, 10:01 PM
"My name is... Cerise. Cerise Mendar." The ghost replies with a small apologetic smile. "Sorry about the sword... I can be a bit jumpy at times..."

The Bushranger
2012-11-24, 11:11 PM
Meanwhile, now approaching the camp happens to be a red-haired young druidess. Possibly with her annoyingly fast-growing brother accompanying her. :smalltongue:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3415/tek50b199e60177a7130025.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/51427023)

FireFox
2012-11-24, 11:18 PM
A camp counselor, a young woman in her late twenties, is leaning against a cabin, trimming her nails with a small knife. She has emerald eyes and short brown hair that appears in desperate need of a comb. She's wearing a white shirt, brown vest, brown pants, a sheathed sword and dagger, and a thick cloak colored to break up her outline and blend into a forest background. Her name is Catherine Smith and she recently escaped from being tortured for a few years in an Infernal plane. Hopefully she doesn't PTSD all over the campers.

Hadrian Druid arrives, presumably with his sister. The young lad appears to be about 12, with his mother's brown hair and his father's bright blue eyes. There's nothing physically remarkable about him, but he has enough raw psychic power for his age to make anyone genre savvy flinch.

Morcleon
2012-11-25, 12:06 AM
Cerise turns to the two newcomers. She gulps. She knew she got really nervous around crowds... Why oh why did she have to come here?

...oh, right. To get rid of those fears. Taking in a deep breath, she smiles faintly and manages to speak out. "Hi... I'm Cerise Mendar. Are you two here for the camp too?"

The camp counselor (and anyone else who may be knowledgeable about the shadier side of the law) will recognize her as Li'l Cherry, one of the most effective and sought after assassins in the business. Which contrasts quite sharply with this image of a shy girl at her first day of camp.

The Bushranger
2012-11-25, 12:33 AM
"We are," the redhead says with a smile, offering a hand for shaking. "I'm Jamie - Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid. This is my brother, Hadrian. It's good to meet you."

Morcleon
2012-11-25, 12:23 PM
Cerise stares blankly at the hand, before realizing what it means. She blushes and looks down, muttering softly, "...I'm a ghost...so I'll probably just pass right through your hand..."

FireFox
2012-11-25, 12:27 PM
Hadrian is even more shy than Cerise, neither making eye contact nor saying anything. He just stands close to his sister and looks around at everything.

Earl of Purple
2012-11-25, 05:05 PM
Entrance

"Hello, Jamie, hello Hadrian. I didn't know you'd be coming today. Don't worry about the sword; loud, unexpected bangs make most people jumpy." Although Natalie didn't really see the sword, so...

Also, depending on if she consciously didn't pack him, Oddball may be asleep in Jamie's rucksack.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-25, 06:25 PM
Timmy wishes he could duck into his coat like a turtle, but he has to settle for pulling it up on his neck. "I'm Timmy," he mumbles, doing all he can not to run to try and guarantee the safety of his personal space bubble. Spying the only other boy, who's luckily around his age he waves to Hadrian with a gloved hand and mutters "Hi."

The Bushranger
2012-11-25, 09:22 PM
[Entrance]

"Oh. Um. Well, I have a friend who's a ghost, and I have an...ability that lets me touch them. But I have to do something first, and you'll need to promise not to freak out, alright?"

Hadrian will, no doubt, realise what Jamie intends to do. :smalltongue:

...and then she spots Natalie! And with a grin, goes to give her friend a quick hug!
Oddball will of course have been invited along.

Morcleon
2012-11-25, 09:36 PM
Brightening at the though of human(?) contact, Cerise eagerly nods and extends her hand to Jamie. "Please, do it. I... I'll try not to freak out."

The Alexandrian
2012-11-25, 09:56 PM
A new challenger is approaching! Er... A new challenger has approached. When and how did that camper arrive? She's currently doing nothing more than standing in one spot observing the gathering of intrepid children as if they were microorganisms under a microscope and she were a researcher assigned to monitoring their status. She's rather professional in going about it too! She's not shifting about or fidgeting or anything! She didn't make any sounds when she chose to show herself. She merely wasn't there one instant and somewhere between that instant and the next, she was!

She's weighed down with a full set of daedric armor! Not a square inch of her flesh is visible, so whether or not she is human or something else entirely is anyone's guess. But she is female! And her stature would suggest that she is either a child or a slender, stunty person!

But she's not being antisocial of her own free will or anything! Most definitely not! She's in stasis, as evidenced by her atypical conduct as she abruptly reunites with the timeline!

And by that I mean to say that she stubbornly digs her heels into the ground and childishly whinges!

"But Moooooom! I don't want to go to-"

"To- ..."

Realizing that she's already here, she stomps her right foot against the ground and crosses her arms, taking umbrage at the technique by which her mother transported her here against her will!

"Shoot!" :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt
2012-11-25, 10:51 PM
Out of a tree shadow steps someone else sinister and suspicious. Also short.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Gaia/Sashacloaked.png

Also a mysterious hooded figure.

It doesn't make any particular move towards the other people approximately her size, but she does seem to have positioned herself close to the camp's entrance at least.

FireFox
2012-11-25, 11:11 PM
Hadrian looks up at Timmy and waves back. He manages an uncertain smile at the other boy while stepping away from his sister.

Catherine puts away her knife and looks at the armored and cloaked people, deeming them the most suspicious.

The Bushranger
2012-11-25, 11:33 PM
Jamie smiles brightly, then steps back, pulling a small stick from her backpack.
That she then raises into the air.

"I am the Druid Princess Mikani, defender of nature's beauty and leader of pure hearts!" she calls out, and a gust of wind and ribbons swirls around the Magical Girl, as she Transforms!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6170/tek4fdacf7850a290501756.png

"Ta-dah!"

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-26, 02:50 AM
With a resounding *thud!* the central cabin's door is violently separated from it's hinges, clattering down the steps in a hail of splinters. Down those same steps and across the makeshift walkway of the door steps the Scoutmaster, the ceremonial armor in which he's clad, each spiked pauldron easily as big as his skull, which is covered by another skull, this one considerably more devoid of skin, a helmet fashioned from the remains of a slain dragon.

Or, to paraphrase the previous- Might I introduce Scoutmaster Harris?

Hail and welcome Junior Adventurers, to this, your first day at Camp Quixote! Behold the shining lake, the picturesque forest, and know this- Fun SHALL be had by all! He bellows, stabbing at the air with a longsword for emphasis. But before fun can be had, first there are a few basic rules that must be explained! First off there shall be no leaving the camp without supervision! Second, there shall be no attacking of other students unless they really deserve it, and even then, no weapons, magic or lethal force! Third, you shall follow any instruction given to you by the counselors to the letter! This camp is not all fun and games and there is some risk, however small, hence why it is imperative that you listen to your counselors!

Finally, as it would not be adventuring without treasure, there will be treasure! Although not all counselors choose to participate, any counselor can hand out points. At the end of camp, treasure will be awarded to all, with those who've accumulated the most points being given first pick! You may earn points by excelling at activities, being a good sport and above all, teamwork! I shall repeat myself- TEAMWORK! Now, Junior Campers, having said that......

Are you ready for ADVENTURE!?

OrchestraHc
2012-11-26, 11:52 AM
Timmy is actually incredibly impressed by Druid Princess Mikani, but doesn't get much chance to say, not that he'd have the guts to, so before the scoutmaster makes his debut.

Scoutmaster Harris... Honestly, aside from the armor, he's exactly what Timmy would expect someone who would run an "Adventurers Camp."

Of course, introvert rule one, say absolutely nothing when not asked directly. He does step into the camp but quickly moves to the side to allow others to walk through.

He also notices that, with the possible exception of Spiky Armor and Mysterious Hooded Figure, there are only two boys.

Reinholdt
2012-11-26, 12:01 PM
With the possible exception of Spiky Armor and Mysterious Hooded Figure, there are only three girls. :smalltongue:

Treasure? Someone said Treasure?
ALL OF A SUDDEN there's an adorable blue cat at the Scoutmaster's feet, looking up at him adorably. He's totally going to participate and steal all the kid's treasures.
Well he would if he could hear that.

Anyways MHF sorta stays where it is, which is just the absolute rear of any potential participation circle. Hmm... there are rules. Rules which contradict its purpose for being here. What'll it do? :smalleek:
Well... it supposes it could wait until after the camp to fulfill its purpose for being here. Maybe. Hopefully Master won't mind the delay.

MHF likewise doesn't give a response to poor scoutmaster Harris. Two strikes already. Poor guy. I like him too.

Morcleon
2012-11-26, 05:26 PM
Cerise smiles admiringly at the Magical Girl. "W- Wow... That's... amazing..." She finishes with a whisper.

The scoutmaster's introduction leaves the young ghost rather stunned, and she tilts her head to the side, making a small "Hawaa...?" sound as she does so.

It's not quite an answer, but hey, at least it's a response.

Earl of Purple
2012-11-26, 05:41 PM
Natalie will accept Jamie's hug, whilst Oddball remains napping in Jamie's rucksack. Also, whilst Jamie is Mikani, something happens to Oddball that may or may not be immediately apparent whilst he sleeps.

Fortunately, after a short period, Scoutmaster Harris appears and barks his question. Oddball jumps up and peeks from Jamie's rucksack, declaiming "Oddish!" If at that point, Jamie is still Mikani, Oddball is mysteriously green. If not, however, Oddball is his usual bluey purple.

Natalie actually responds to Scoutmaster Harris. "Yes, Sir!" Natalie also straightened, but more because she's startled than anything else. But not startled enough to become a bird and fly away, or anything like that.

The Alexandrian
2012-11-27, 10:50 PM

SQUEEEEEEEE!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Oh her gods, this scoutmaster man is so cool and epic and amazing!

This little girl/monster costumed in daedric armor thought this camp would be exactly like every run of the mill summer camp for wittle kids. She thought the scouts and counselors would really be digging hiking and canoe paddling lessons and blah, blah, blah, blah, BLAH! boring stuff, but she thought wrong! This guy is wearing dead things as armor! He's a hunter just like she is! And free treasure! Wow! She would definitely tackleglomp the scoutmaster if he wasn't so far away. Definitely. And if he wasn't pointing his sword skyward and being so fantastically cool...

She's astonishingly getting the feeling that she's going to absolutely adore this camp! Save for the rules bit. Yuck!

All of the kiddies (with the notable exception of Natalie) so far have done nothing but look askance at their scoutmaster after he delivered his motivational introduction-welcome speech thing! That's not the enthusiasm that the scoutmaster this little girl/monster can already identify with deserves if you ask Spiky Armor!

Without a single discouraging thought as to what everyone else might think of her for doing this, she swiftly lifts her her right arm and a clenched fist into the air and roars,

"Adventure time! Huzzah!"

at her inspiring scoutmaster! He won her respect and excitement fair and square! Because treasure plus dead things equals cooooool!!! :smallbiggrin:

Morcleon
2012-11-28, 06:32 PM
Glancing over at the fangirling Spiky Armor, Cerise begins gigglin uncontrollably. She doubles up in the air, and manages to squeak out through her mirth a few barely comprehensible words. Prominent among them include "Oh god", Kodomo, "no", and "Jikon". :smalltongue:

After a few seconds, she calms down somewhat and wipes a ghostly tear off of her twinkling eyes. "I'm- I'm sorry... I'm not laughing at you... I swear..."

FireFox
2012-11-29, 12:34 AM
Hadrian nods while looking the scoutmaster over, but continues not saying anything.

Gullara
2012-11-29, 09:14 AM
Oh look, a latecomer arrives. Mostly because her player has finally got around to posting. The girl in question looks to be around twelve or maybe just about thirteen. Her hair is crimson red and pulled back in a rough ponytail. Her skin is somewhat tanned from being outdoors and her eyes are green. She wears a grey tshirt and brown cargo pants. On her feet are a pair of sturdy looking hiking books with hot pink socks poking out the top. On her head she wears a red hat with a white brim and a grey spots where the brim meets the rest of the hat. Slung over her shoulder is a brown bag, and there's a band going over her torso that holds what some there might recognize as pokeballs.

She looks at those present as she half pays attention to the Scoutmaster talk (which she clearly showed up just in time to hear). When she spots Jamie and Natalie, she waves and hurries over to them. "Hey, never thought I'd see you guys here."

The Bushranger
2012-11-29, 09:17 PM
Jamie is indeed still Druid Princess Mikani, and she listens intently to the Scoutmaster. Her eyes brightening at the prospect of TREASURE.

"Yes, sir! I'm ready!" she declares with a grin.

Before turning to Cerise, and offering her hand for shaking with a smile. The ghostly scout should find herself able to make contact!

...and as the Pokeball-toter arrives, the Magical Girl grins broadly. "Becca! Long time no see!"

ThirdEmperor
2012-11-30, 12:18 AM
Ouch. Tough crowd. Like, two people put any amount of enthusiasm into that. After he bribed them with treasure, even!

Allllll-RIGHT then, Junior Adventurers! He claps his hands together, a twisting thread of sorcerery weaving it's way between them then down into the earth. From that same patch of earth a flag sprouts, it's bright green banner unfurling to display the camp crest; A stylized dragon being struck down by thunder.

Your first quest is thusly; Around the camp you will find flags like this one. EXACTLY like this one! Search high and low, leave no rock unturned and keep your wits about you, for each flag returned to me in the next thirty minutes is worth ONE POINT! Ready! Set! Making the shape of a gun with his thumb and pointer fingers, Scoutmaster Harris aims towards the heavens. And, like magic, because magic is precisely what it is, a gunshot sounds and a nearby cloud rains confetti down. GO!

Considering the nature of this quest, I suppose it's only fair to reiterate and clarify the layout of the camp. There are of course the ten outer cabins and the counselors cabin at the center, in addition to the docks at the lake's edge. Besides that, however, the grounds are currently occupied by two other buildings.

The first is little more than a metal tent- A squat, triangular structure of corrugated tin moored in place to keep it from toppling at the first breeze, it's walls covered in a bright mural of eclectic symbols.

The second is a stable, antiquated and fairly standard. Three rows of three pens each beneath a thatched roof, with a carpet of old straw over the ground. What's contained within the pens is a little less normal... But I can't give everything away, can I?:smalltongue:

Morcleon
2012-11-30, 02:12 AM
Cerise grabs Jamie's hand and shakes it enthusiastically. She keeps her hold onto it for a bit longer, relishing the feeling of being able to feel something physical, before letting go with a slight giggle.

As the scoutmaster announces their first quest, she listens in and inwardly smirks. Giving out an individual competition almost immediately after a speech about teamwork? It's like he expected them to just go off and- Oh wait. That is what most people would do.

Addressing rest of the group, she begins speaking hesitantly. "Ah, everyone here has their own strengths and weaknesses... Perhaps we would find more flags if we teamed up...?"

Reinholdt
2012-11-30, 10:08 AM
Very tough crowd.

MHF stares at the Scoutmaster, unbudging from her position. Points? Why would anyone want points?

At the very least Cerise draws the unnerving constant stare away from Scoutmaster Harris and to her.
Staaaaaaaaaaaare.

Morcleon
2012-11-30, 10:53 AM
Her eyes flicking over to MHF a few times, Cerise sighs. Why does everyone have stare and make her feel self-conscious? Finally turning around, she addresses her starer. "Umm... Is there anything you need...?"

Reinholdt
2012-11-30, 11:12 AM
"No."
Staaaaaaaaaaaaare.

OrchestraHc
2012-11-30, 11:23 AM
Right. Timmy would like to team-up with cerise, but that wasn't directed at him. Introvert rule one and all.

She wouldn't want him on her team anyway.

"High and low?" he mutters to himself to himself. Would the scoutmaster had been prepared for flying campers? Could be a goose chase, but what's the harm in checking.

Loosening the grip on his powers, Timmy steps into an invisible cube of psychic force. The cube lifts off the ground gently at his will. The first choice is to hover slightly above the cabin roofs, inspecting them like a glass bottom boat tour.

Morcleon
2012-11-30, 04:57 PM
Blinking at MHF, Cerise shrugs and turns away. "Okay, suit yourself."

To the rest of the group, she continues, a bit more confidently this time. "Jamie- er, Mikali. If you have any way to send out animals as scouts, that would be very helpful. Hadrian, Natalie, Becca, MHF, Spiky Armor, I have no idea what you guys can do. If you have a magical way to find stuff, use it. If not, split up into teams, and spread out. Timmy can fly, so I'll be up there helping him out."

She floats up into the air, circling over to Timmy. She had seen that brief flicker of pessimism. After all, one does not learn to assassinate effectively without learning how to read body language. Dipping her head into various buildings, she smiles over to the flying psychic. "So, do you have any clairsentience detection abilities?"

Gullara
2012-11-30, 06:16 PM
Flag, right. Becca watches the two flying people move away for a moment before looking back at those there. "Come on, let's go look over there." She points at the stables. There would be time for catching up later. *nod*

Earl of Purple
2012-11-30, 06:39 PM
Entrance- Flag Hunt

"I can't see in colour as a bird, but I could otherwise fly. There's no lake that I can see, but if anybody finds one let me know. I'll probably be monkeying around." With that last word, Natalie slowly grows short black fur over her entire body as her clothes are absorbed into her clothes, a long tail grows from the base of her spine and her thumbs are absorbed as well. When the process is over, Natalie's a black-furred spider monkey and will go bounding off to search any nearby trees. She's keeping her rucksack for the time being, though it has not been absorbed by her transformation.

The Bushranger
2012-11-30, 06:42 PM
"Mikani," the Magical Girl gently corrects. And frowns a little. "I'm...not that powerful yet. I can talk to animals, a little, and soothe them, but I can't summon or anything. My powers are more, ah, offensive in nature," she explains.

She then turns to Becca, and peers in the direction pointed in. "I guess that'd be a good start? Let's go!"

The Alexandrian
2012-11-30, 07:33 PM
Cerise's bizarre manga reference and over-the-top giggle fit give Spiky Armor pause. She hasn't taken offense to anything that Cerise has done (or if she has, she's not showing it) but... What?

She holds up an index finger as she draws her awesome cell from one of her magical murder bags and searches for the string of words...

Okay! Casper has expressed an interest in Spiky Armor's love life! That's weird, yo! And blush-worthy! Not that anyone would notice with her scary helmet and all!

"Oh, don't think like that, Casper! I assure you that there's more than enough of me for you two to share."

She retorts because Casper and...and weird! Spiky armor must take her revenge by embarrassing Cerise! Revenge! :smalltongue:

And then monkey-girl and flag-seeking and...

Hold up! Nobody sniffed at the scoutmaster's flag to acquire its scent and the scoutmaster's scent! Someone has to do it! And Spiky Armor is up to bat, so she'll try to do just that! And then she'll attempt to return the flag to the scoutmaster. Possible one point for wit?

Now it is time for tracking! Spiky Armor smells the air in an attempt to retrace the scoutmaster's steps around camp with her amazing olfactory senses!

Morcleon
2012-11-30, 09:01 PM
In the instant before she had taken flight, Cerise hears Spiky Armor's reply, and freezes, her translucent face turning bright red. "I- I- I don't... but that... and you... the... ah... nevermindI'mgoingnow."

And then she flies off.

Gullara
2012-11-30, 10:06 PM
Becca runs toward the stables, only looking back a couple times to make sure Jamie is following. She'll run inside without any hesitation what so ever assuming the entrance is obvious.

OrchestraHc
2012-12-01, 12:06 AM

To the rest of the group, she continues, a bit more confidently this time. "Jamie- er, Mikali. If you have any way to send out animals as scouts, that would be very helpful. Hadrian, Natalie, Becca, MHF, Spiky Armor, I have no idea what you guys can do. If you have a magical way to find stuff, use it. If not, split up into teams, and spread out. Timmy can fly, so I'll be up there helping him out."

She floats up into the air, circling over to Timmy. She had seen that brief flicker of pessimism. After all, one does not learn to assassinate effectively without learning how to read body language. Dipping her head into various buildings, she smiles over to the flying psychic. "So, do you have any clairsentience detection abilities?"

She... She wants him on her team? This makes him quite happy, before she asks him for an ability he doesn't have. Failed before he even began. "No," he says nervously. "I just make shapes. Invisible shapes."

Reinholdt
2012-12-01, 01:19 AM
MHF sinks into the ground, disappearing into a darkness.

Before proceeding to search through the shadows to try and find the flags. Shadows and staring are what MHF's best at. This should be right up its tree. So to speak.

Morcleon
2012-12-01, 12:40 PM
Cerise sighs and runs a hand through her hair before giving him an encouraging smile. Come on, you gotta keep your allies happy, otherwise they'll be all mopey and what not. "It's okay. Your shapes can help you fly. ...you are flying with your shapes, aren't you?"

FireFox
2012-12-02, 12:20 AM
Hadrian considers reading the Scoutmaster's mind to find the location of the flags... but when his parents found out he could see other people's thoughts they told him to never do it without permission. So, after looking at Mikani, he quickly walks off on his own towards the metal tent.

Cat saunters on over to the Scoutmaster to talk to him after the kiddies run off. Want me to stay here with you or follow and make sure they don't stab each other in the back over collecting the flags?

ThirdEmperor
2012-12-06, 12:57 AM
Right. Timmy would like to team-up with cerise, but that wasn't directed at him. Introvert rule one and all.

She wouldn't want him on her team anyway.

"High and low?" he mutters to himself to himself. Would the scoutmaster had been prepared for flying campers? Could be a goose chase, but what's the harm in checking.

Loosening the grip on his powers, Timmy steps into an invisible cube of psychic force. The cube lifts off the ground gently at his will. The first choice is to hover slightly above the cabin roofs, inspecting them like a glass bottom boat tour.

The cabins have been built in the style of hunting lodges- Blocky, rectangular buildings with sloping thatched roofs, their walls made of stacked timber, held up about a foot above the ground by supporting posts set at each corner. Windows look out from the upper floors, while each building is suspended about a foot off the ground by supporting pillars at each corner.

From his bird's eye view of the camp, Timmy has the advantage upon his flightless peers, many of the flags having been hidden with a lower perspective in mind. Right away he should be able to spot a flag perched atop the third cabin's chimney stack, then another, more cleverly concealed inside the gutterpipe running along cabin no. eight's roof, partway hidden under the leaves.

Peeking into the lodges should give Cerise a better impression of how the campers will be housed during the stay, if little else. All the cabins have the same structure, the top floor divided into a hallway, two bathrooms and six individual rooms, the lower primarily taken up by a single rec room with a kitchen area to the side.

But as for flags... there's none in sight! Not in plain sight at least. Searching more carefully might turn up better results, but to do that, she'd have to pick a cabin in particular- Besides the basic layout they're quite different.

"Mikani," the Magical Girl gently corrects. And frowns a little. "I'm...not that powerful yet. I can talk to animals, a little, and soothe them, but I can't summon or anything. My powers are more, ah, offensive in nature," she explains.

She then turns to Becca, and peers in the direction pointed in. "I guess that'd be a good start? Let's go!"

The creatures in the pens seem to sense the presence of visitors, starting to stir and move around in their cages as Becca and Mikani approach. The whole place smells of unwashed fur and old straw, with a rather disturbing undertone of raw meat from the last two pens, marked #5 and #6.

Where will the two be searching, precisely?

Entrance- Flag Hunt

"I can't see in colour as a bird, but I could otherwise fly. There's no lake that I can see, but if anybody finds one let me know. I'll probably be monkeying around." With that last word, Natalie slowly grows short black fur over her entire body as her clothes are absorbed into her clothes, a long tail grows from the base of her spine and her thumbs are absorbed as well. When the process is over, Natalie's a black-furred spider monkey and will go bounding off to search any nearby trees. She's keeping her rucksack for the time being, though it has not been absorbed by her transformation.

There are a couple of trees within the camp boundaries, mainly oak and sycamore. Can't imagine Natalie will have much trouble climbing them in monkey-form, but extracting the flag she finds hidden in the fourth one she checks might be a bit more of a problem-

A bird has appropriated it as nesting material you see, a fat old pigeon that even now stares warily at Natalie, as if daring her to try and disrupt it's nest.

MHF sinks into the ground, disappearing into a darkness.

Before proceeding to search through the shadows to try and find the flags. Shadows and staring are what MHF's best at. This should be right up its tree. So to speak.

Hmm... Tricky. Can't really say what the Mysterious Hooded Figure discovers without knowing which shadows it'll be searching. There's enough that looking through all of them in the alloted time would be impossible.

But so that this post isn't entirely wasted on questions, let's say it finds the flag hidden in the nearest patch of shadows. That would be the one tucked into a roll of hay, in turn hidden under the counselor's cabin.

Hadrian considers reading the Scoutmaster's mind to find the location of the flags... but when his parents found out he could see other people's thoughts they told him to never do it without permission. So, after looking at Mikani, he quickly walks off on his own towards the metal tent.

If Hadrian has any knowledge in alchemical symbols he might recognize the scrawlings on the tent walls as such, but they're still just that, scrawlings. There's nothing of note outside the tent, so let's skip to the interior-

Which is likely the last place you'd want to be searching for something in. The smell of burning rubber hangs in the air like a choking cloud, the grass underfoot charred and brittle. Opposite the door and thus likely the first thing Hadrian will spot, the far wall is taken up entirely by bulky coal-burning boilers, rusting copper pipes suspended from the ceiling stretching between cauldrons, hydraulic pumps and all manner of apparatus.

Folding tables occupy the space between these instruments, laden heavy with bottles of the usual suspects- Red and blue and yellow solutions, opalescent liquid metals, some hold nothing more than smoke, twisting and writhing against the glass like it's trying to escape. There's even a ship in a bottle, baring it's colors proudly.

Cerise's bizarre manga reference and over-the-top giggle fit give Spiky Armor pause. She hasn't taken offense to anything that Cerise has done (or if she has, she's not showing it) but... What?

She holds up an index finger as she draws her awesome cell from one of her magical murder bags and searches for the string of words...

Okay! Casper has expressed an interest in Spiky Armor's love life! That's weird, yo! And blush-worthy! Not that anyone would notice with her scary helmet and all!

"Oh, don't think like that, Casper! I assure you that there's more than enough of me for you two to share."

She retorts because Casper and...and weird! Spiky armor must take her revenge by embarrassing Cerise! Revenge! :smalltongue:

And then monkey-girl and flag-seeking and...

Hold up! Nobody sniffed at the scoutmaster's flag to acquire its scent and the scoutmaster's scent! Someone has to do it! And Spiky Armor is up to bat, so she'll try to do just that! And then she'll attempt to return the flag to the scoutmaster. Possible one point for wit?

Now it is time for tracking! Spiky Armor smells the air in an attempt to retrace the scoutmaster's steps around camp with her amazing olfactory senses!

And it seems you've claimed the first point of camp, little lady! Now run along and see if you can't find more! Scoutmaster Harris declares, loud enough for the whole camp to hear, taking the flag without arguing it's validity. Treasure is treasure, after all.

Following his scent will be tricky though. To a nose sensitive enough track footsteps the whole camp smells like the Scoutmaster, his trail weaving here, there, back here again then everywhere else. Busy man.

The most recent trail is maybe half a day old, maybe from around dawn. Leaving the counselor's cabin, it moves to cabin number one, then the next, then the next, going full circle and back to the counselor cabin, then wanders around the grounds before heading down towards the docks.

Cat saunters on over to the Scoutmaster to talk to him after the kiddies run off. Want me to stay here with you or follow and make sure they don't stab each other in the back over collecting the flags?

Waiting for Spiky Armor to scamper off with the rest of the campers, Scoutmaster Harris coughs into his fist, hacking up little motes of bright green light as the voice amplification spell is released. Oh, I don't think we need to worry about that. Doesn't look like we've got any real treasure-bugs this year.

But I'd appreciate if you could hold down the fort for a few minutes. I need to go get outta this armor before it crushes me.

OrchestraHc
2012-12-06, 10:25 AM
Cerise sighs and runs a hand through her hair before giving him an encouraging smile. Come on, you gotta keep your allies happy, otherwise they'll be all mopey and what not. "It's okay. Your shapes can help you fly. ...you are flying with your shapes, aren't you?"

"Umm, yeah. I'm standing in a box right now." Spotting the two flags, he reaches out with his mind and attempts to wrap the two flags in bubbles and pull them to him, taking them in hand. "And those were spheres. I don't think there's anymore up here. How do the cabins look?"

Morcleon
2012-12-06, 10:44 AM
Peeking into the lodges should give Cerise a better impression of how the campers will be housed during the stay, if little else. All the cabins have the same structure, the top floor divided into a hallway, two bathrooms and six individual rooms, the lower primarily taken up by a single rec room with a kitchen area to the side.

But as for flags... there's none in sight! Not in plain sight at least. Searching more carefully might turn up better results, but to do that, she'd have to pick a cabin in particular- Besides the basic layout they're quite different.

"Umm, yeah. I'm standing in a box right now." Spotting the two flags, he reaches out with his mind and attempts to wrap the two flags in bubbles and pull them to him, taking them in hand. "And those were spheres. I don't think there's anymore up here. How do the cabins look?"

Cerise watches curiously. "Cool... I can do basic telekinesis, but I can't make shapes like that."

She turns to the cabins, and mutters, "From a preliminary scan, I can't see anything, but I haven't searched the place very thoroughly. Could you help me with that?" Which one to start with though? Shrugging, she flies towards the first cabin and enters from the roof, scanning through the individual rooms, the bathrooms and the hall, before floating to the lower floor.

Gullara
2012-12-06, 10:52 AM
[Stables]

Becca pauses inside and takes in the inside of the stables. She grabs one of her pokeballs and tosses it. A Phanpy appears. "Okay, Phanish. Go look for a flag in one of the stables. Me and Jamie* will look in the other ones." The pokemon immediately goes to look in the first stable. "I've got this one." Becca goes to peek into the second one."

* Because there's no way she remembers to use a different name. :smalltongue:

Earl of Purple
2012-12-06, 04:49 PM
Flag-Hunt- Tree

Now it's been found, Natalie doesn't necessarily need to see in colour any more. Which means she grows feathers and shrinks, her skull elongating into a beaked head and her tail retracting into a cluster of feathers making a bird's tail. Her arms bend oddly and turn into wings, and when the process is complete she's a black-capped chickadee, which is smaller and probably more nimble (I don't know; I've never seen one, but the tits in my garden are in the same family and are better fliers than the pigeons and doves). So Natalie-as-chickadee will fly up and try to dart around the pigeon. Hopefully the nest-owner won't see the smaller bird as a threat, or not as much a threat as a larger monkey was and ignore it.

Reinholdt
2012-12-06, 06:36 PM
Well, I guess I should describe that better. MHF is not so much physically moving from one shadow to the next and peering out, as she is stretching her consciousness through the shadows. She's a sort of shadow psychic. It's how she controls them, with her consciousness. She once searched the city of Inside to find a tiny critter (Morbit) and found him in about half an hour.

Hey look! Flag!
MHF attempts to suck it into the cold, dark shadow abyss with her, where it will suffer immense emotional distress and maybe loss of heat.

mythmonster2
2012-12-06, 08:29 PM
Entrance

Bounding from the road comes a man 6 feet tall, heavily built, and dressed in rags. His one large eye frantically looked around for any people. He yelps with excitement when he sees the Scoutmaster and begins running towards him, but a flash of movement in the trees above stops him. He looks up with his mouth agape and sees a monkey transform into a bird before his very eye.

Tuk-tuk jumps up and down in joy and says, "Monkey-bird! Monkey-bird!" He now starts to look around to find a way to climb the trees and catch the monkey-bird.

The Bushranger
2012-12-06, 08:48 PM
[Stables]

Becca pauses inside and takes in the inside of the stables. She grabs one of her pokeballs and tosses it. A Phanpy appears. "Okay, Phanish. Go look for a flag in one of the stables. Me and Jamie* will look in the other ones." The pokemon immediately goes to look in the first stable. "I've got this one." Becca goes to peek into the second one."

Mikani rolls her eyes and wonders why nobody can ever get her name(s) right. :smalltongue:
She'll then grin, and glance over her shoulder to her pack. "Ready to do some searching around, Oddball?" she asks the snoozing Oddish.

OrchestraHc
2012-12-07, 02:50 AM
Cerise watches curiously. "Cool... I can do basic telekinesis, but I can't make shapes like that."

She turns to the cabins, and mutters, "From a preliminary scan, I can't see anything, but I haven't searched the place very thoroughly. Could you help me with that?" Which one to start with though? Shrugging, she flies towards the first cabin and enters from the roof, scanning through the individual rooms, the bathrooms and the hall, before floating to the lower floor.

Cabins

Two eyes being better than one, Timmy floats down and follows her into the cabin. He searches around the bottom floor thoroughly.

The Alexandrian
2012-12-07, 07:52 PM
[Cabin Area]

Woohoo! One point!

Woah! Scoutmaster Harris sure is an active fellow! Spiky armor can already tell that she's going to have to put her nose to the grindstone if she wants to gather more flags. But that entails putting her nose to the dirt and crawling around on the ground on all fours following a scent trail, however profitable, would be degrading! If Spiky Armor were to do it in her human form, that is! So if she wants to be competitive in this competition and not look stupid and silly while doing so, she's going to need to morph into her wolf form! Awooo!

Thus, as Spiky Armor darts out of sight, she transforms into a medium-sized young wolf with fur as white as the driven snow and sprints toward Cabin #1, her nose taking point and trying to track the scoutmaster, attempting to deduce where he might've stopped from how much of his scent is in one area or how many footprints he left behind in a given space (if his shoes were dirty or the shoe imprints outside of the cabins betrays his step), and move things the scoutmaster might've touched on his most recent stroll!

Spiky Armor Wolfgirl might encounter Cerise and Timmy as she gives the cabin a quick once over, but she won't say anything to either of them unless they address her first because treasure and tricks up sleeves and stuff!

FireFox
2012-12-10, 10:35 PM
If Hadrian has any knowledge in alchemical symbols he might recognize the scrawlings on the tent walls as such, but they're still just that, scrawlings. There's nothing of note outside the tent, so let's skip to the interior-

Which is likely the last place you'd want to be searching for something in. The smell of burning rubber hangs in the air like a choking cloud, the grass underfoot charred and brittle. Opposite the door and thus likely the first thing Hadrian will spot, the far wall is taken up entirely by bulky coal-burning boilers, rusting copper pipes suspended from the ceiling stretching between cauldrons, hydraulic pumps and all manner of apparatus.

Folding tables occupy the space between these instruments, laden heavy with bottles of the usual suspects- Red and blue and yellow solutions, opalescent liquid metals, some hold nothing more than smoke, twisting and writhing against the glass like it's trying to escape. There's even a ship in a bottle, baring it's colors proudly.

Hadrian stares at the alchemical symbols in fascination. He doesn't know what they are, but there's something familiar about them. His latent psychic connection to the collective unconscious starts to awaken. The young boy steps closer, on the verge of remembering something he never learned. Then, from a distance, someone's shout distracts him and the moment is gone. Hadrian walks inside and starts looking to see if there's a flag in here. Most of his attention is spent curiously studying everything that isn't a flag, though.

Waiting for Spiky Armor to scamper off with the rest of the campers, Scoutmaster Harris coughs into his fist, hacking up little motes of bright green light as the voice amplification spell is released. Oh, I don't think we need to worry about that. Doesn't look like we've got any real treasure-bugs this year.

But I'd appreciate if you could hold down the fort for a few minutes. I need to go get outta this armor before it crushes me.

Sure thing, Boss. Catherine sits down on the ground and keeps an eye on the kids that are visible from there.

ThirdEmperor
2012-12-12, 02:53 AM

Checking the all the private rooms is a bit of a tall order, but I'll assume Cerise is simply doing a fairly quick scan of each before moving onto the next. Actually searching each room from top to bottom would mean using up the vast majority of the allotted time, although I suppose she's free to do so if she wishes.

In any case, there don't appear to be any flags hidden in the private rooms. Probably to discourage people from nosing around in them, a theory reinforced by the locked doors.

On the other hand, there's quite clearly a flag hidden in the bathroom. 'Clearly' because there's a flag-shaped shadow cast upon the tile floor, 'hidden' because it's difficult to determine just where the shadow's being cast from.

Uh-oh. Timmy mighta done well to search a little closer, 'cause that second flag hidden in the gutterpipe? Trapped. His attempt to tele-grab it breaks a tiny, almost invisible thread, sending leaves flying as the miniature catapult hidden below them swings into action, sending a barrage of paintballs flying in the kid psychic's direction!

[Stables]

Dinosaurs! Dinosaurs dinosaurs dinosaurs are clearly the best animals!

*cough*

Lying in the first pen, idly chewing on a salad of prehistoric ferns is a large, feathered beast with a beak and club-like tail, spikes sprouting from it's back. I assume that as a trainer Becca should have some familiarity with animals and, of so, she should then be able to determine that this is a very young member of it's species, nearly a baby.

Over in pen number two, Phanphy will also meet a dinosaur of the same species, although slightly larger, which grunts something akin to the animal-equivalent of 'hello' or, more accurately translated, 'you don't look tasty so I won't eat you but stay away from my food which is tasty'.

Well, I guess I should describe that better. MHF is not so much physically moving from one shadow to the next and peering out, as she is stretching her consciousness through the shadows. She's a sort of shadow psychic. It's how she controls them, with her consciousness. She once searched the city of Inside to find a tiny critter (Morbit) and found him in about half an hour.

Hey look! Flag!
MHF attempts to suck it into the cold, dark shadow abyss with her, where it will suffer immense emotional distress and maybe loss of heat.

Yikes. :smalleek:

Don't think there's much chance anyone's gonna outsearch the Mysterious Hooded Figure then, but thankfully there's more to this treasure-hunt than just finding the flags. Sometimes. In this case, it actually is that easy and MHF will be able to snatch the flag with no difficulty. One point to it!

Now, it would seem the next closest flag is hidden over in cabin three, in the refrigerator, packed in amongst sodas, microwave snacks and frozen, sugary foodstuffs, all the things you really shouldn't be giving kids. Out of curiosity, could MHF partially materialize within a space to small for iy, such as the fridge, or would it have to appear at the nearest shadow with sufficient room?

[Cabin Area]

Woohoo! One point!

Woah! Scoutmaster Harris sure is an active fellow! Spiky armor can already tell that she's going to have to put her nose to the grindstone if she wants to gather more flags. But that entails putting her nose to the dirt and crawling around on the ground on all fours following a scent trail, however profitable, would be degrading! If Spiky Armor were to do it in her human form, that is! So if she wants to be competitive in this competition and not look stupid and silly while doing so, she's going to need to morph into her wolf form! Awooo!

Thus, as Spiky Armor darts out of sight, she transforms into a medium-sized young wolf with fur as white as the driven snow and sprints toward Cabin #1, her nose taking point and trying to track the scoutmaster, attempting to deduce where he might've stopped from how much of his scent is in one area or how many footprints he left behind in a given space (if his shoes were dirty or the shoe imprints outside of the cabins betrays his step), and move things the scoutmaster might've touched on his most recent stroll!

Spiky Armor Wolfgirl might encounter Cerise and Timmy as she gives the cabin a quick once over, but she won't say anything to either of them unless they address her first because treasure and tricks up sleeves and stuff!

The bottom floor of Cabin #1 is decorated almost entirely in the remains of slain foes, the floor lined with hide carpets, lines of stuffed and mounted heads staring down from the walls with glass eyes. Even the furniture's upholstered in leather and fur and even scales, with frames of whittled bone no less. The place could easily be mistaken for a taxidermist's shop.

The Scoutmaster's footsteps meander through the room a ways, as if he wasn't entirely sure of his destination, moving from one trophy to the next indecisively. Good thing Spiky Armor's an accomplished tracker, for otherwise it would be quite easy to miss the signs of where he finally paused to hide a flag- In front of an enormous stuffed bear, standing upon a single hindleg with the second kicked out behind it, like a ballerina.

Tellingly, a small hint of green fabric can be seen hanging out from between it's jaws.

Hadrian stares at the alchemical symbols in fascination. He doesn't know what they are, but there's something familiar about them. His latent psychic connection to the collective unconscious starts to awaken. The young boy steps closer, on the verge of remembering something he never learned. Then, from a distance, someone's shout distracts him and the moment is gone. Hadrian walks inside and starts looking to see if there's a flag in here. Most of his attention is spent curiously studying everything that isn't a flag, though.

There's plenty to study here, between the obtuse instruments and numerous little vials, phials, flasks and beakers filled with exotic ingredients. Luckily, being distracted by all this won't hurt the search much- The first flag to be found is hidden within the clutter, tucked underneath the metal legs of a table crucible.

Only, there's a slight problem. This flag, although identical to the type they're searching for in all other respects, happens to be white.

Flag-Hunt- Tree

Now it's been found, Natalie doesn't necessarily need to see in colour any more. Which means she grows feathers and shrinks, her skull elongating into a beaked head and her tail retracting into a cluster of feathers making a bird's tail. Her arms bend oddly and turn into wings, and when the process is complete she's a black-capped chickadee, which is smaller and probably more nimble (I don't know; I've never seen one, but the tits in my garden are in the same family and are better fliers than the pigeons and doves). So Natalie-as-chickadee will fly up and try to dart around the pigeon. Hopefully the nest-owner won't see the smaller bird as a threat, or not as much a threat as a larger monkey was and ignore it.

This time, it seems Natalie will be getting a break. Although the appearance of another bird only causes the pidgin to grow more agitated, scratching at the branch it sits on with one talon like a bull pawing the ground, a sudden commotion from below startles it, creating a momentary distraction she might exploit.

Sure thing, Boss. Catherine sits down on the ground and keeps an eye on the kids that are visible from there.

Entrance

Bounding from the road comes a man 6 feet tall, heavily built, and dressed in rags. His one large eye frantically looked around for any people. He yelps with excitement when he sees the Scoutmaster and begins running towards him, but a flash of movement in the trees above stops him. He looks up with his mouth agape and sees a monkey transform into a bird before his very eye.

Tuk-tuk jumps up and down in joy and says, "Monkey-bird! Monkey-bird!" He now starts to look around to find a way to climb the trees and catch the monkey-bird.

But it doesn't look like Scoutmaster Harris will be catching a break of his own anytime soon. At least it isn't some supervillain trying to kidnap his charges. Sir, I am afraid that the 'monkey-bird' is a student here and that I will have to ask you to leave. He states, stepping between Tuk-Tuk and the tree.

OrchestraHc
2012-12-12, 04:54 AM
Cabin one

The paintballs splat harmlessly against the wall against the walls of the cube. The entire point of the cube is the walls, so he doesn't fall.

This luckily doesn't interfere with future actions, except he will be more careful about flag traps and inform the others about them when he next sees them.

If Timmy sees Spike and Wolf and ESPECIALLY if she sees him, an invisible psychic wall may silently form between them, effectively cutting her off from the rest of the cabin.

Morcleon
2012-12-12, 11:27 AM
Checking the all the private rooms is a bit of a tall order, but I'll assume Cerise is simply doing a fairly quick scan of each before moving onto the next. Actually searching each room from top to bottom would mean using up the vast majority of the allotted time, although I suppose she's free to do so if she wishes.

In any case, there don't appear to be any flags hidden in the private rooms. Probably to discourage people from nosing around in them, a theory reinforced by the locked doors.

On the other hand, there's quite clearly a flag hidden in the bathroom. 'Clearly' because there's a flag-shaped shadow cast upon the tile floor, 'hidden' because it's difficult to determine just where the shadow's being cast from.

Smiling slightly, Cerise will float into the bathroom, and sort of lie on the floor, placing her head on the shadow, and try to see where said shadow comes from.

Gullara
2012-12-12, 01:16 PM
[Stables]

"Oh, cool! Hey there little guy." Becca says, even if he's not so little. :smalltongue: She pulls out her pokedex just to see... Nope, not a pokemon. She's a little disappointed, but oh well.

"Hm, I wonder if there's a flag in here." She tries to look around the dinosaur, though she knows well enough not to get too close.

Phanish, meanwhile, steps into the pen and looks around as well. He keeps his distance from the dinosaur, but he's not going to just go away because of it.

Earl of Purple
2012-12-12, 02:23 PM
Tree

Natalie, with the flag, will swoop down to land on the ground before changing again. This time, the process is very similar to the one that turned her from monkey to bird only reversed, and without the tail and with added clothes. When it's over, a twelve-year-old girl will be standing there in a denim dress with a red rucksack over her shoulder, and she'll turn to look at Tuk-Tuk. "Yes? Can I help you?" Since he was clearly interested in her transformations.

Danboy-D
2012-12-12, 07:18 PM
Entrance to the Camp
The wind picks up only slightly, the fields of grass showing the waves of wind rolling over it. And on the far side of the field from the cabins, the figure rose from the woods.

Anyone that notices, as many of you are engaged in your 'Quest for Flags', will see:

It was obviously a male. As he was broad at the shoulders, and that thickness ran the length of his torso. He wore nothing bright, a black hood rested over his head, the rest of his torso was wrapped in a black trench coat, that was form fitting as it was few sizes to small for his muscular body. The lightest thing he wore, was a loose pair of jeans, scattered with gaping holes, but his skin was not showing, under that he wore from head to toe, long-johns. The last, and perhaps most concerning point of his attire, was a thick scarf, that was covering what his hood could not, his neck and chin, were hidden, the scarf hiding everything below his nose.

Besides the shady attire, or at least darkness of it, he seemed young, not too tall, and he moved with a swiftness and eagerness of someone of youth. In his rather hasty approach, anyone paying particular attention, will notice he has a long sword slung on his back, and two bulges on either side of his torso, aside each breast. He doesn't seem afraid of the cluster of people, which have made so much noise, in the silence of the woods.

He is about a hundred feet away when he slows his approach, allowing him time to think about how to introduce himself to his fellow Adventuring Youth.

Once he finally gets to the scattered groups of people, he stops walking, and scans the collection of cabins. Walking to the person who appears to be a camp counselor, or perhaps even its head master.

"So... Adventure Camp. Where do I sign in?" He says it, softly, and slowly. His voice is deep, and rich, unexpectedly so. As he speaks, he waves his hand motioning towards the cabins. "And... where do I put my.... Personal items."

mythmonster2
2012-12-12, 07:37 PM
Tuk-Tuk found himself facing a man and a small girl. He umm'd and ah'd for about ten seconds before pointing to himself and saying, "Tuk-Tuk. Here for camp Kicks-oat-ee."

Reinholdt
2012-12-12, 08:58 PM
Yikes. :smalleek:

Don't think there's much chance anyone's gonna outsearch the Mysterious Hooded Figure then, but thankfully there's more to this treasure-hunt than just finding the flags. Sometimes. In this case, it actually is that easy and MHF will be able to snatch the flag with no difficulty. One point to it!

Now, it would seem the next closest flag is hidden over in cabin three, in the refrigerator, packed in amongst sodas, microwave snacks and frozen, sugary foodstuffs, all the things you really shouldn't be giving kids. Out of curiosity, could MHF partially materialize within a space to small for it, such as the fridge, or would it have to appear at the nearest shadow with sufficient room?

I honestly hadn't thought about it. I'll have to figure that one out. I know she doesn't have to physically touch something to drag it into the shadow abyss or anything. I know MHF is powerful, creepy, and a little kid.

I also know it hasn't had those foods before. So MHF will go to rise out of the floor outside of the fridge and try to open the door with a shadow tendril to get a better look at the things kids should not have.

Earl of Purple
2012-12-13, 06:05 PM
Where Mikani Is

"Oddish?" Oddball doesn't know what's going on. Also, unlike his text colour, Oddball isn't currently blue; at the moment he's green, and shedding sparkly bits.

The Bushranger
2012-12-13, 06:09 PM
[Stables]

"Hey, you look different. Did you transform too?" Mikani grins. "We're searching the stables for the flag!" she declares, before turning to, well, start searching. Thoroughly.

"...hey, Becca! Wait up!"