PDA

View Full Version : Help me Redo a Dungeon [Caligo players: out!]

Eldan
2012-11-23, 08:07 AM
Anyone who's in Caligo in Chains? Don't read this.

Let's give them a few seconds. Right.

Now. I'm running Shackled City, or an adaption thereof, on these boards as a PbP game. Some things don't work in PbP as well as on the table. A major factor are random encounters. Life's Bazaar, the first adventure of Shackled City, features a lengthy dungeon section. I want to kick it out and/or change it.

What I need is this. The game features a ruined gnome stronghold, abandoned because of plague. As part of the adaptions I made, it will be in a cave on the seafloor, though still filled with air. Instead of random monsters and traps, I want to put in a few more roleplaying encounters, environmental obstacles and puzzles. I'd like a few ideas for this.

There are seven players, with diverse powers, of level two. Specifically, there are: a nymph/succubus monster class hybrid. Spellcasting and obscene charisma. A human swordsage/incarnate. A ghostwalk ghost, so telekinesis and incorporeality are easily available. A factotum. A necropolitan Tome of battle homebrew and, finally, another fighter.

So. The group is good in combat, so I want a combat encounter or two, but that will mostly dealt with when they meet the slavers. I'd like at least one obstacle that is most easily overcome by being incorporeal, but not easily. I'm thinking a locked door, with some kind of ghost hiding behind it. What else can I do? I'm thinking weird machinery, half-insane psychic gnome ghosts and, of course, something to do with the water.

Does anyone have any ideas?

DontEatRawHagis
2012-11-23, 10:35 AM
"Are you still there?"
"I don't hate you"
"I see you"

Turrets. Automated/Magic turrets that require you to become incoporial to let the bullets pass unharmed. On the otherside is a button that shuts them down.

Other thing is a giant monster that can only sense people in this dimensional plane.

ReaderAt2046
2012-11-23, 02:23 PM
Some sea serpents, water elementals, or other mindless things that the succubus's charisma can't easily bypass. A grove of sea anenomes with paralytic poison that try to grab and eat the heroes. A set of spelltraps specifically made to catch and bind ghosts. A few psychotic junk golems.