PDA

View Full Version : Help with Commander/Tactician class

Bluuegg
2012-11-23, 10:10 AM
I'm trying to make a character that acts as a sort of "leader" in combat. He the idea in my head is that his kit would bring buffs in the form of modifiers to his allies and maybe debuff the enrmis in some way aswell.

if this sort of class already exists, then a point in its direction would be wonderful. I am also open to brews on this.

Sorry for the sloppiness of the post, doing this from my phone....

thanks in advance all!

Pilo
2012-11-23, 10:35 AM
There are:
-Marshal (from miniature handbook)
-Dragon shaman (PHB2)
-Bard (PHB)
-Some prestige class from heroes of battles (I think, but not certain)

Clerics and Wizards with the proper build can do it too, as can the spontaneous version of them.

Morrolan
2012-11-23, 10:52 AM
White raven discipline from tome of battle fits as well.

dantiesilva
2012-11-23, 10:58 AM
There are:
-Marshal (from miniature handbook)
-Dragon shaman (PHB2)
-Bard (PHB)
-Some prestige class from heroes of battles (I think, but not certain)

Clerics and Wizards with the proper build can do it too, as can the spontaneous version of them.

The one from heroes of Battle is legendary commander. Marshal 2 levels/Cleric x/Legendary commander 5 works great for this. You can replace bard for cleric if you want to be able to support your troops more though. I actually made an army of Marshals 2/Paladin 4/ Dragon samurai x and they turned out pretty well as the foot soldiers to this guy as each one had different auras on him and as such they all made each other stronger. Wizard Malconvoker for massive amounts of demonic army fun. Hope this helps and good luck.

docnessuno
2012-11-23, 11:38 AM
Bard 4 / Crusader or Warblade 16 (Optimized inspire courage + white raven manouvers, using song of the white raven) fits the bill really well. I'm playing one right now and having a blast.

XmonkTad
2012-11-23, 11:00 PM
I'm trying to make a character that acts as a sort of "leader" in combat. He the idea in my head is that his kit would bring buffs in the form of modifiers to his allies and maybe debuff the enrmis in some way aswell.

if this sort of class already exists, then a point in its direction would be wonderful. I am also open to brews on this.

The best buffs you can give are more attacks and more actions. Despite the name "squire of legend" (reichardt) from complete champion can dole out extra move/standard actions. Plus you can enter it from level 4, and it advances casting 2/3 so its pretty good on a bard base. Or you could be silly and be a hexblade, they debuff!