PDA

View Full Version : pf force effects on sundering

Exirtadorri
2012-11-23, 10:54 AM
I have a friend who is trying to create a weapon that is made of force or has the force ability like flaming. Would this have any effect on sundering an item? If so where could i reference this at? I think he is going to try to make a character that can bust the held weap shield and armor in one round with some cleave bull.

Andreaz
2012-11-23, 10:57 AM
Treat it as a material like any other. It has its own hardness and hit points, and is wielded just like a normal weapon.

So no, unless you add magic specific to sundering, "made of force" doesn't figure in the equation other than via its natural hardness.

Quietus
2012-11-23, 08:38 PM
I seem to remember something about a special material called Riverine - essentially, riverine items are made from water held at high pressure between item-shaped mobile walls of force. I believe they're indestructible unless exposed to disintegrate effects?

I think there was also another sort of metal that, while it could be broken, will repair itself if the pieces are held together.

Slipperychicken
2012-11-24, 12:37 AM
I seem to remember something about a special material called Riverine - essentially, riverine items are made from water held at high pressure between item-shaped mobile walls of force. I believe they're indestructible unless exposed to disintegrate effects?

Nailed it. Riverine is the go-to "made of force" material. Stormwrack if you're interested.