PDA

View Full Version : Help with Cleric build start lvl 9 D&D 3.5

crimsoncrust
2012-11-23, 10:55 AM
I need help building a cleric. 3.5 core to including completes. I am having a lot of trouble as I just got back to 3.5. I looked all over the internet and I can only find crazy builds. Please help!

The background setting is Britain during the 1300 hundreds.

Thanks,

Crimson Crust

*Starting lvl 9 have not rolled stats yet.

Urpriest
2012-11-23, 07:52 PM
Cleric isn't very specific. Do you want to focus on spellcasting? Melee combat? Summoning? Necromancy?

What god do you want to worship/what domains do you want to have? Heck, given that you're operating in a homebrewed setting, what gods are even available?

crimsoncrust
2012-11-23, 08:31 PM
Focus will be on healing and defense.

Healing and sun domains is what I am thinking.

All core God's than some homebrew that basically copy core Gods.

Urpriest
2012-11-23, 08:53 PM
Focus will be on healing and defense.

Healing and sun domains is what I am thinking.

All core God's than some homebrew that basically copy core Gods.

If you're going for Healing and Sun (not amazing choices, but ok ones. Note that you should never actually prepare the spells from Healing, since you can cast them spontaneously from your other slots), then you should probably go with Radiant Servant of Pelor, from Complete Divine.

There are things you can do to specialize in healing, but you don't need to if all you want is to be the party's healing source, since often casting defensive spells on your party will be more effective. If you want to focus heavily on healing, other people can point out some cool feats that boost it. Most such feats come from odd books outside of your sources, though.

Divine Metamagic: Persistent Spell is completely available to you and quite nice for a buffing-focused character. You don't need to use it on combat spells, you can use it on defensive/healing buffs for your allies instead, like Mass Lesser Vigor (Complete Divine).