PDA

View Full Version : Help With Necromancer PrC?

Zelkon
2012-11-23, 03:17 PM
What are some good necromancer PrCs that advance cleric casting? I'm a spell-stitched necropolitan strongheart halfling (or maybe human if the DM vetoes that), and I'm looking for a PrC. I'm cleric 7 with an ECL of 8 (spell-stitched is CR+1, I think I'm doing this right).

Flickerdart
2012-11-23, 03:31 PM
CR is not LA. A spell-stitched creature has an LA of -- and is not a valid PC choice.

Wookie-ranger
2012-11-23, 03:50 PM
CR is not LA. A spell-stitched creature has an LA of -- and is not a valid PC choice.

well, sort of yes, but ...
The problem is that in complete arcane where this Template was printed the conveniently forgot to mention LA altogether. So to say that it is LA - is not technically right. But It not wrong either, since this usually means that it is "not suitable for a PC" by RAW and therefore the same as LA -.

It basically comes down to the DM, as usual.
Many DMs allow it, under the interpretation that it has creation rules, a rather hefty price tag and even though it is a very powerful template it is not the most broken one (depending on spell selection)

Zelkon
2012-11-23, 03:52 PM
well, sort of yes, but ...
The problem is that in complete arcane where this Template was printed the conveniently forgot to mention LA altogether. So to say that it is LA - is not technically right. But It not wrong either, since this usually means that it is "not suitable for a PC" by RAW and therefore the same as LA -.

It basically comes down to the DM, as usual.
Many DMs allow it, under the interpretation that it has creation rules, a rather hefty price tag and even though it is a very powerful template it is not the most broken one (depending on spell selection)

I only want it for free Undead creating. What's another way to gain Animate Dead as a SLA.