PDA

View Full Version : Magic tool for RPGs ?

TomPliss
2012-11-23, 08:12 PM
Hey guys !

I need your opinion !
For an project within my last year of engineering school, we're developing a computerized tool to help Role-Playing Games. For this project, we're looking for opinions of players and game-masters, to help us make the good choices.

Here is the survey :
http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=f1c0g4v6r03bbkt53338

Don't hesitate to post in the thread if you have any remarks ;)

NikitaDarkstar
2012-11-23, 08:31 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you do need to get someone to proof-read that survey because right now it's quite unclear what you're actually asking in it.

Gildedragon
2012-11-23, 09:15 PM
Heya, just going through the survey:
Examples of what is meant by "passive abilities chosen by player"
Actually examples in general would be good. Not all the categories are particularly clear.

You do seem to have some proofreading and redundancy issues. For example, the main page vs appendices could just be one question section, as something that doesn't go on the main page goes elsewhere. And the sections asking "what do you modify" "what do you not modify" "how often do you modify" could well be condensed.

TomPliss
2012-11-25, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the answers.

I know the survey wasn't proof-read, but you can just fill any question you want, nothing is obligatory ;)

NikitaDarkstar
2012-11-25, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the answers.

I know the survey wasn't proof-read, but you can just fill any question you want, nothing is obligatory ;)

My problem is that I don't want to answer any questions when I honestly don't understand what the question is asking.

TomPliss
2012-11-25, 05:59 PM
I'm not a native english speaker, so ... there may have some bad translations in the survey.
Which questions are not obvious ?

NikitaDarkstar
2012-11-25, 06:35 PM
I'm not a native english speaker, so ... there may have some bad translations in the survey.
Which questions are not obvious ?

Just the wording on most of them left them to open to interpretation, especially when compared to other, similar questions. How is "Live a story" different from "Live the story of your character"? and what do you mean by them? How is "Make the game world change" separate from "Live a story"? Do you literary mean just elfs and dwarfs in "Play elves and dwarfs" or did you mean ALL fantasy races?

"In the CharSheet, what should appear from the first sight ?" Is that what should be at the very top of the sheet, what should be the most prominent or something else entirely?

I honestly stopped reading after that. You see I'm not a native English speaker either, meaning I really don't feel confident enough in trying to guess the intended meaning of a phrase, native speakers might have less of an issue, I don't know, but me personally? I understand the words, but I'm not understanding what you're trying to ask, and that is why I am honestly suggesting that you get someone who has better mastery over the language proof-read it for you. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but with surveys you want to be as clear as you possibly can be.