PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Disease Immunity

Hanuman
2012-11-24, 05:15 AM
Alright, my party is afraid of me because I keep eating zombies during a zombie outbreak survival setting in 3.5.

This is totally my choice, but I've lost 10 con so far, so I need to find a solution before my character dies. It's not from food poisoning, I've got feats to eat rotten meat and such.

Level 6 Ozodrin, turning level 7 and the fluff is that I consume zombies until I adapt to the disease either by becoming immune or by becoming a carrier, either works really as I destroy the corpses I kill by devouring them, so risen creatures aren't a big deal.

I'm pretty disadvantaged in the group, I primarily deal bludgeoning damage and con damage so vs zombies I'm lucky to do a few damage per round, and subdue one zombie out of a horde by grappling with it and eating it very slowly.

Thoughts?

Radar
2012-11-24, 07:32 AM
You're on your way to becoming a Cancer Mage (Book of Vile Darkness). Flavor would fit your character just fine. I don't remember the exact requirements for entering this class, so there might be problems to solve.

mattie_p
2012-11-24, 08:32 AM
Sounds like you want to become a necropolitan (Libris Mortis, p115)?

Darrin
2012-11-24, 08:57 AM
If you have a feat coming up, take Shape Soulmeld: Necrocarnum Mantle. This makes you immune to disease.

Otherwise... get chummy with a paladin with a somewhat liberal policy on "cannibalism".

Ashtagon
2012-11-24, 09:39 AM
Have you considered not eating zombies?

Necroticplague
2012-11-24, 03:01 PM
Get the disease immunity feat against "The disease I'm getting from eating zombies".Heroes of horror, page escapes my memory.

ShadowFireLance
2012-11-24, 03:03 PM
...Eating...Zombies..?

And Here I thought I was weird...

Funny you should post here with a name like that...:smallbiggrin:

gomipile
2012-11-24, 03:15 PM
The entry requirements for Cancer Mage are rather rough, actually:

REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to become a cancer mage, a character must fulfill
all the following criteria.
Alignment: Any evil.
Base Save Bonus: Fort +5.
Skills: Heal 3 ranks, Hide 6 ranks, Knowledge (nature) 2 ranks, Move Silently 6 ranks.
Feats: Great Fortitude, Poison Immunity, Toughness.
Special: The cancer mage must have fallen victim to the ravages of a disease and must have taken damage from a poison.

I'd reccomend a single level of Binder, and bind Naberius. It doesn't make you immune to disease, but it does let you shrug off ability damage very quickly.

Necroticplague
2012-11-24, 03:28 PM
If you have a feat coming up, take Shape Soulmeld: Necrocarnum Mantle. This makes you immune to disease.

Otherwise... get chummy with a paladin with a somewhat liberal policy on "cannibalism".

Of Shape Soulmeld:Pauldrons of Health should also work.
As would dipping into cleric and picking up either the feast domain (only against ingested diseases), or the Pestilence domain (you act as a carrier, but you aren't harmed by the disease).

BowStreetRunner
2012-11-24, 03:35 PM
The feat Disease Immunity is found on page 121 of Heroes of Horror, requires a Con of 13 as the only prerequisite, and not only makes you immune to a single disease, but also gives bonuses to saves vs other diseases and helps you recover lost ability damage faster.

Hanuman
2012-11-24, 10:24 PM
That's perfect, I don't really want to be evil, a mage, or to be undead.
I'll try and talk to my DM about getting the feat in exchange for a flaw of some kind.
I've been playing this character for about a year, she goes on instinct most of the time. Madness and intelligence are invented concepts, and when thinking in DnD terms it's pretty alien to consider such concepts moot.